A crossing of paths, by chance?
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter b {font-weight:bold; color:#724826; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; text-align:left;}
.dawaligifter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#2f1a15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #978b89; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter-border1 {width:438px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter-line1 {width:406px; border-bottom:1px dotted #724826; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Muahaha, I'm going to be the first one to say hi to you guys, kay?! Dawali's intention was to visit DDM, travelling along the shoreline'ish, and came across some scents he had not noticed before, hence halting to camp nearby and see if his presence draws any attention. He is outside borders, but the fire and his scent is probably detectable from along your borders, or something like that.

Belle rested, or whatever it was she did when she stood perfectly still, where he had tied her up by a nearby tree trunk. Some fallen trees were just made for securing horses, it seemed. He made use of her increasingly lately, and he didn't know whether it was because he was too lazy to walk himself, or because he found comfort in bringing another living being along. She certainly provided some amount of comfort for the treks when he planned to be sleeping outside packlands at least one night, or perhaps two. This time, the Chief and his horse of choice had been headed towards Dahlia de Mai, but curiosity had gotten the better of him along the way. He sat now and gazed into the fire, dusk soon making it a primary source of light around his camp, and pondered on what was going on. He had moved off the path he ususally used when traveling north, when he noticed scent patterns that had not been there previously, and though he had no intention of trespassing, he was not able to move on, either. So there the curious Chief sat, after having set up camp and devoured a piece of the fish he'd brought along for the trip, and he waited. He could have howled, but he was uncertain. If this was indeed a new pack, he daren't make an impatient impression on them. Not a pack so close to their own territories. It was vital to stay on good terms with one's neighbours.

[/html]'
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; Just had to steal it since Ouija can't do joining ones; 339 words

Certainly Ouija's looks would make for quite the confusing first impression. Especially since he had chosen to decorate himself in bloodstains for the winter. It made him look more savage than he was. And well, it probably didn't help that he was quite large, the genes running in his family. His grandfather had been a giant and so he was as well. But he had easily come to terms with the of putting first impression he gave off. After all during the warmer months he would have a number of different colors streaked throughout his fur. But it was growing colder and those plants were becoming increasingly harder to find. Because of that he resorted to blood to add color to his coat and break up the monotone nature of it.

Ouija has been out in the forest, outside of the pack lands already, when he came across the scent of smoke and therefore fire. Curiously he went to check it out. His satchel was settled easily across his back and in on hand a beaver hung by the tail. He had found a few of them near a dam and had managed to get one. He wanted the water resistant pelt from it to turn into a doll. But that thought was put on hold as he went to see what was going on.

He nodded to the male that he came across. "What is that?" He asked, motioning to the fish that was being eaten. Of course he recognized it as fish but not the exact type that it was. Not considering that he hadn't actually been invited to do so Ouija had settled himself on the opposite side of the fire from the other. "You from around here?" He asked as he settled the satchel on the ground next to him. He did this just to be able to remove his athame from it so that he could start in on skinning the beaver. He simply needed something to do, something to keep his hands busy.

<style type="text/css">
.ouija_skull .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.ouija_skull .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#d6480a}
.ouija_skull b {font-weight:bold; color:#f4d181; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ouija_skull {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#45260a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... jiatop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Yay! <3 Hope you guys don't mind ~

Skye had been walking when a strange scent caught her nose. What was that scent? It smelled like...corn fields...and crops...and horses...and feathers...A myriad of smells all at once. The combination made her almost dizzy. But underneath that bunch of smells was another - wolf! One unfamiliar, one very familiar - Ouija. What were they doing here? Was he being attacked?

Skye made her way through the undergrowth until she saw the white, color-stained wolf standing in front of another, darker orange wolf. This one had feathers on the top of his head and tangled in his long hair as well as several adornments all over himself. Skye had never seen a wolf like this one - nor one that smelled like this one either.

He was sitting in front of a dancing fire, bits of fish in his lap. Skye guessed that he had just caught one, and since they were still several metres from the border, she didn't remark on it. She turned to Ouija. "Good evening, Ouija," she said. "Who's this?" Her tone was light, no traces of threats veiled in her voice. She was happy that there were visitors to her pack, even if this wolf didn't want to join; in fact, he smelled of another pack. But visitors were welcome in any case, and she didn't want to scare them off and give Cercatori d'Arte a bad reputation. They were a happy, carefree pack, and she wanted it to stay that way.

<style>
.skye-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skye-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.skye-z91 b {color:#C8DCF8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.skye-z91 {background-color:#7E9BC6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... yegift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #C8DCF8; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#111F33; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.skye-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter b {font-weight:bold; color:#724826; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; text-align:left;}
.dawaligifter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#2f1a15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #978b89; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter-border1 {width:438px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter-line1 {width:406px; border-bottom:1px dotted #724826; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Just a note: Dawali wasn't really eating fish, he had done so previously. But since you both mention it I'll just go on as if he did. Sorry if my writing was confusing! Smile
And woo, new pack!

He often zoned out when waiting, and wasn't sure just how long he had been sitting there when another's scent grew stronger, and he could soon hear someone, and then see them approaching. A large, strangely colored white wolf. Dawali studied it curiously for a moment, for while he was very used to dyes, and many wolves in AniWaya marked their fur with patterns, this one was far more... unique in his use of such substances. He arched an eyebrow when he spotted the bloodstains on him, and quickly stood up under the pretense of a polite greeting. He did not want to be caught sitting down if this wolf could not be trusted. His lanky form gave a small bow-and-nod; his usual greeting to anyone and of any rank. But, despite his initial worry, he soon sat next to the fire again, and calmed a little at how the stranger, despite his odd.. markings, did not appear to be hostile. He looked down at the fish when asked about it, fairly certain that the name he had for it wouldn't be a name this guy knew. "We call it ugvstili — it's a river fish. Quite tasty, too! Want a piece?" Reaching down into his satchel, he pulled out another and offered it to the stranger, well aware that he probably had enough food, what with that beaver he had brought along. "I'm from AniWaya to the southwest. I was actually going to visit Dahlia de Mai, but ran across your scent markings and became curious..." The red wolf trailed off as he suddenly became aware that the two were being approached by another individual, and quickly rose to greet her, as well. The Amara responded as she asked the other (Ouija was his name, it seemed), answering for him. "I'm Dawali Amara, Chief of the AniWayans to the southwest. I passed by on my way to Dahlia de Mai, and noticed your scents." Still standing, he glanced from one to the other. "Tell me, is this a new pack?" There were more important questions he would like answers to, but they could not be asked outright. He would have to figure those answers out by himself.

[/html]'
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; Sorry hun, I must have read it wrong; 535 words

He didn't exactly pattern his colors but just splashed them on. He wasn't trying to create anything but an absence of white. There were just so many colors in nature that he didn't see why he should be limited to just one. So he used nature to just add color to himself. The color and placement never mattered, just that he was no longer completely white. So the markings always did come across as odd because the coating of before would be fading and he would add on whatever he could find to wherever on his body so there would be a mix old and new on him. But that was just his quirk. Just something that made him who he was.

Ouija took the fish that was offered to him and sniffed at it before licking it. "I've never had river fish before. I've had a couple brought in from the bay though." He spoke up after examining the fish and indicated in the general direction of the Bay of Fundy. He took a small nibble of the fish then licked his lips. "You are right. This isn't bad at all." He took another bite from the fish before letting it lay on his leg so that he could have his hands to work on the beaver once again. But since he had been offered food he figured it was only polite to do the same. "Do you want the meat? I'm mostly interested in the fur anyways." He nodded down to what he was working on as he questioned the other.

"I'm from across the bay myself. Swam over not long ago and happened come upon a few having a meeting. I've just stayed around with them since I was fresh over and had nowhere else to go." He gave a brief run down of just where he was from. He was new to the area so he didn't really know much about what was going on over this way. He didn't know of any other packs or any of that. He had just stuck with the first that he came upon. That was the way he was. Once he pledged loyalty to something he stuck with it until it no longer existed, such as had happened to the cult that he had been born into.

His head lifted from what he was working on as he heard his name. But before he could tell the female that he had no idea, gathering names had never really been something that he sought to do, the guy stood and answered for himself. Of course this prompted Ouija to officially give his name as well. "I'm Ouija, as you've probably figured out by now. Miss Collins here came up with Cercatori D'Arte, was it?" Or at least he believed that is what she had carved into the tree. And if he had gotten it wrong the he had left it open to be corrected. And since she had carved in the name then he assumed and had come up with the concept as well. After all he had only come over when they had claimed the lands, or well Shaw had done the claiming itself.

<style type="text/css">
.ouija_skull .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.ouija_skull .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#d6480a}
.ouija_skull {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#45260a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... jiatop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Meep, sorry bout that!

Skye listened with interest as Ouija gave a brief run-down of his past. She hadn't known much about the large wolf who dyed himself with various colors so that his original color - perhaps white? - was as mysterious as the wolf himself. She was glad that Cercatori d'Arte came as a sort of salvation to the wolf with the many colors, and she felt in his voice that he'd be loyal to it, like she would be. She turned to the orange wolf and away from Ouija as she heard the man begin to speak.

"I'm Dawali Amara, Chief of the AniWayans to the southwest. I passed by on my way to Dahlia de Mai, and noticed your scents. Tell me, is this a new pack?"

Chief? A chief must be the same thing as a leader. So Dawali was the leader of a pack - a pack that, from the sounds of it, was called Aniwaya. She felt a thrill at meeting one of the leaders of the packs she'd heard so much about, and felt a spark of pride in knowing that she, too, was one of the leaders of a pack now. She was proud of the small but able pack she and Shaw had come up with, very proud, and was glad to be here to tell him that there was indeed a new pack here. She was about to say so when Ouija introduced himself.

"I'm Ouija, as you've probably figured out by now. Miss Collins here came up with Cercatori D'Arte, was it?"

"Shawchert made that up, I believe, Ouija," she said, and turning to Dawali, she spoke again, deciding to answer his question; "but that is the name of our pack. Shawchert is the leader, with me being the co-leader," she explained to the orange, feather-clad man. "It's a pack dedicated to the creating and seeking of art. It's very nice to meet you, Dawali," she said with a little bow. He was, after all, a leader, and a guest to their packlands. "I'm Skye."

She supposed she and Shaw should have anticipated the meetings of the other leaders sooner; after all, if no one knew about the pack, it barely existed! She made a promise to herself to perhaps create something of art and present it as a gift to Dawali or the other leaders later; it was always good to make friends of your neighbors, especially if they were greater in numbers than your own pack. And she wanted Cercatori d'Arte to have a good reputation - a good reputation for being a peaceful and art-loving pack, rather than a hostile one.

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]

Not a problem! I ramble, anyways XD

"Ah, I don't care much for salt water fish." Or, rather, he didn't care much for anything related to salt water. The Chief studied the strangely colored male as he in turn studied the fish offered to him. The red wolf nodded enthusiastically when Ouija expressed approval of its taste, and glanced at the dead beaver when he was offered it. Dawali found it a little strange that the male would kill it only for its pelt, and not for the need of a meal, but he would not insult him by mentioning it. It would be impolite to say such a thing in response to an offer of food, and so the Chief smiled broadly and nodded. "Why, sure! I don't mind a little bit of beaver — I haven't tasted one in ages." He had a different name for beaver as well, but had learned the names they used here for most of the mammals. It just so happened that he rarely discusses fish with anyone, so he didn't know those names. The other offered a bit of backstory, and Dawali raised both eyebrows, quite impressed. He'd swam across the bay? The Chief had traveled along the coast a few times and looked across the water, imagining he could perhaps build a boat someday and test it there, but he would never have thought anyone could swim across. Then again, Dawali was a poor swimmer at best, so his expectations were not very high. "Sometimes you're just lucky, and the first wolves you meet in a new place turn out to be the right kind." It had been like that for Dawali as well, at least in a sense.

"Miss Collins" corrected the male, and Dawali found himself wondering who Shawchert was. Often, names mentioned were names he would have heard before, because he knew the heads of the packs, and their most trusted and immediate helpers and friends. But all of these names were strange to him, and he became very curious indeed. Once realizing that she was in fact a co-leader, he greeted her properly like he would have had he not been so overtaken by his own curiosity. A prolonged nod, or perhaps a short bow of the neck — it could be called many things. "Nice to meet you as well, Skye." He looked behind himself at the camp and where Belle stood safely, knowing that his satchels held nothing of interest except a more fish. "I would have brought you a gift to greet you with, but I did not know of you until today," he said apologetically, quickly grabbing another fish and offering it to Skye before calming a little. Whenever he went on a diplomatic mission, he followed customs, and customs dictated that he should bring a gift. However, this diplomatic mission had found him unprepared, and he attempted to move the subject away from the lack of a gift, so that his awkwardness could leave him. He glanced at them both as he spoke, deep voice sounding quite calm, though if they had known him well, they would have noticed how he was just a little put off. "You have just recently claimed these lands, then?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; 724 words

Ouija nodded his head as the other spoke. "I suppose it is something of an acquired taste." But then again he has stayed where salt water fish were more readily available than those of the fresh water sort. If you grew up with them then you just sort of became used to them. But then again Ouija wasn't really a picky eater either. If it provided nutrition then he didn't mind munching down on it. Though there were a couple of things that he just didn't like. But for the most part he didn't mind eating most anything. He simply wasn't a fowl sort of guy though. But it was also that which had saved his life, not that he realized such a thing.

While he was more interested in the pelt that didn't mean he wouldn't have eaten the meat. He wasn't the sort to let anything go to waste. He would have been more prone to turn the meat into jerky for later than eat it right off but if someone else wanted it he didn't mind giving it away since he had no plans to eat it right off. It was starting to grow colder and now really wasn't the time to waste any sort of food that one could get. And also it was polite to offer the other something to eat since the other had shared his food with him. Speaking of which, he consumed the rest of the fish that rested upon his leg. He licked at his lips once he was done.

While the conversation continued on around him he worked on skinning the beaver, being careful to not cut away hardly any meat when trying to rid the animal of its hide. The swim really wasn't that bad. Not with the islands dotted between that could be rested upon. And that is just what he had done. He'd swim to a mass of land and rest for a bit before continuing his journey. Even with the rest breaks it was a shorter trip than walking all the way around. "I had said that I would help out and so here I am. I'm just not the sort to leave when I have pledged myself to something." When he said he would do something then he stuck by his word. He committed himself and prided himself on his loyalty. After all it took the death of the cult for him to leave.

"I apologize, you were the one whom had decided where to place the name as well as having carved the name so I simply assumed that you had come up with the name." Sure, Shawchert had been the one to speak first and to lead the way to where the tree was marked but Skye had picked out the tree and placed the name upon it. It was a simple mistake really. After all it wasn't like he had talked to any beforehand to know what was going on. He had just happened upon them really.

He let the question linger, allowing Skye to answer it as he focused his attention on his work. He really did have trouble with just sitting still and not doing anything at all. He took his time with the skinning, not wanting to mess up the pelt since he had plans for it. "Did you want the tail?" He asked with a slight glance up at Dawali. He wanted to know if he should cut the tail off with the skin or if he should leave it attached and simply cut around it. Since he had offered the meat to the other he figured it was only polite to ask what the other male preferred. To him it didn't really matter either way. He could use it or he could not. Whatever way the chief wanted really. There was a small amount of meat in the tail and he had offered the meat. But if it wasn't wanted then Ouija supposed he could use it as part of the doll. And if not then he was certain to find something use for it. Either way he wasn't going to allow it to go to waste. He might play around with his food from time to time but at least he used every part of it when he was done.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"I would have brought you a gift to greet you with, but I did not know of you until today." The orange leader then handed Skye a fish, which Skye took happily. "Don't worry," she said. "Shaw and I are still getting to know the surrounding packs, too. And thank you for the fish," she said, feeling lighter because of the gest. She thought that it was good to be polite as she could to the leader; he was, after all, a..well...a leader! And even if she was, too, she only thought it respectful to show him the same amount of respect she'd show him on his own packlands. She didn't want any animosity between her pack and any of the others; it was still quite small, and she doubted it would survive any type of war. Besides, she liked Dawali, and she thought that by the way he spoke and dressed and smelled, his pack must be very nice.

She nodded to Ouija when he apologized, which Skye thought slightly unnecessary; it was a mistake easy to make. She then heard Dawali pose a question; "You have just recently claimed these lands, then?"

"Oh, yes," Skye said. "Perhaps a week and a few days ago or so. But we're trying to grow and recruit new members every day," she added, not wanting to give the impression that Cercatori d'Arte was a weak pack. She wanted friends, true, but she was also proud of her little pack, and ready to give the impression that it was growing each and every day - which it was. It started out as a tiny pack, only five members, and now there were six within only a few days of scent markers and other things. She could imagine that it may one day be as big as the enormous territory of Dahlia de Mai, their close next-door neighbor. She hoped they wouldn't break up during the winter - this winter would be a test of her new pack's endurance and stamina, as well as the member's devotion to the pack.

She glanced at Ouija from the corner of her eye and smiled. She knew he wouldn't give up on the pack; he was one of the founding members, and from the looks of it, one of the most loyal. She knew that he, Shawchert, and her would never let go of Cercatori d'Arte until it was completely gone. And she hoped it never would be.

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]

Rawr!

Dawali nodded thoughtfully at Ouija and watched in silence as he exchanged a few words and the correction with his leader. The strangely colored male then presented the Chief with a dilemma, and he hesitated before he whispered seductively. "Uh.. yeah, sure. Thank you," he said, though not entirely certain why. For reasons unknown to him, he had never before tasted a beaver's tail, though he had tasted beaver on numerous occasions. Perhaps the elders kept it for their own reasons - was it not allowed to eat beaver tail? He had been young when they had lived in the oldest location he knew, and that was the only place before this one that had had beavers close to it. Almost 5 years ago, he couldn't remember it if his life depended on it. Still, it was rude to decline.

He nodded again - never one to keep conversation going through sound - as Skye explained, and his eyes lit up for a moment. He was satisfied that he would most likely be the first one to know of this group. It was a good thing to be first for numerous reasons, but mostly because they could gain acknowledgement through him knowing, and that might strengthen their future pack relations. He remembered the first days of Muggles, and his nervousness and awkward position. "This will be Ani-Waya's third w.inter, so in a sense, we have not been here long, either." It didn't feel like long, compared to the other part of his life, but the tribe was older than many of its members. "I can remember quite easily when we first arrived here - the first few months were nerve-wracking, until we mapped our neighbors and decided they were friends." Russet hands with cream palms moved in patterns in front of the Chief as he spoke calmly, but with enthusiasm in his eye. "Know that you need not worry about us, and Phoenix.Valley are our allies — I doubt you will find trouble in them, for Jefferson is a fair wolf." He was trying to be nice as well as wise. If he offered them information they could benefit from, it could reinforce this newly established contact into something even better. Like what they had with Phoenix.Valley.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; 519 words

Ouija gave a brief nod of his head in acknowledgment to the chief's spoken word. He didn't mind giving away the tail if it was wanted. Why should he since he had offered it. He worked carefully on what he was doing. The conversation continued to flow around him. It wasn't something that he could participate in since he wasn't a leader. He couldn't answer for this pack and he could do nothing with the information that had been supplied by the other male. Though it didn't bother him that he was no longer being included in what was being said. After all he had his skinning to keep him busy for the time being.

Feeling eyes on him, he glanced up for a moment find Skye looking at him and smiling. He wasn't sure what that was about. He had no idea about the thoughts going on in her head. Instead he returned her smile and looked back down to the beaver that he was almost done with. Even though he didn't know what was on her mind he was loyal. He had pledged himself to help and so he would remain until demise struck. He would have never left the cult if nothing had happened to it. But with its destruction he had nothing to do but leave. He hadn't trusted remaining in the area. What if who had caused the demise would come back and make sure that everything had went accordingly. The tribunal was gone and so he had no reason to linger. Should something happen to this pack then he may just move out of the are though he had no idea where he would go from here because there was only ocean on the other side of the landmass since it wouldn't be wise to travel backwards.

He finished removing the fur from the beaver and picked up the skinned animal to hand the beaver over to Dawali. "I tried to keep it as neat and clean as possible. You should have most of the meat." And turning the pelt over Ouija was pleased only to find a thin layer attached to the skin, just as it should. That was just something that would get taken off in the cleaning process. He had even managed not to rip the fur either. But still he had managed to get bloody, not that it mattered much since he already was. And well, he had to clean and cure the pelt still. And with that in mind he looked back up at Dawali. "Do you happen to eat the brains?" He was only curious for the curing process. A brain paste was rubbed on the skins to cure them. "Actually, it is okay. I'll just get another use the ones from that one." After all he didn't want it to seem like he was asking for what he had just given away to be returned to him. He could always get another beaver to take the brains from, and then try to cure two pelts with one brain. He wasn't sure how that would go though.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: sorry for the delay, guys!!

"Thank you," Skye said to Dawali, who she decided would be a friendly, if not very close, neighbor. Phoenix Valley as well, which didn't seem very close from what Skye heard but still had an air of friendliness when Dawali said the name. She was glad that the two packs were friendly so far - one of Skye's greatest fears was that Cercatori d'Arte may have gotten off on the wrong foot with some packs and created enemies. Enemies meant harsh feelings. And sometimes, harsh feelings meant war.

The last thing her tiny, new pack needed was war with other packs. It was dangerously close to winter, which Skye had learned was incredibly cold and icy, especially in the northern parts. If her pack was weakened by the winter, and she had only learned to make enemies, who would they turn to to trade for food and water? Who would they turn to for help, if all they had were enemies?

No, she was very glad Dawali was a kinder soul than some she'd seen. She just hoped her little run-in with Inferni hadn't caused any turmoil; after all, when she'd accidentally wandered too close to Inferni lands, she wasn't in the pack yet, and it wasn't as if she had trespassed. She had simply wandered too close...although she had heard that Shawchert got into a fight with an Inferni dweller.

Skye was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard...brains?! Startled, she looked at Ouija, who seemed to be contemplating the edibility of beaver brains. Resisting the urge to gag - brains!! - she turned back to Dawali. "I thank you for greeting us," she said, deciding to take the more polite and formal route. "and I hope to trade with your pack soon. Since we're a pack of the arts, we're sure we'll have plenty of things to trade with you!" she said, hoping her offer was friendly and acceptable.

<style>
.flowerskye p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.flowerskye b {color:#1F356B; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.flowerskye-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 5px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:290px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #1944D2;}
.flowerskye {width:514px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5311/flowersk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1F356B; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #B1CCED; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8CBBFC; min-height:320px;}
.flowerskye-border {width:516px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Rawr!

The strangely painted male handed him the meats, and Dawali accepted it gratefully. "Thank you, it's lovely." A smile was spread over his face as he accepted the gift, and he made sure to carefully wrap it and place it in his satchel. It might seem disrespectful not to eat it right away, but Dawali had recently eaten, and a waste of food would be equally disrespectful in his own belief. He was somewhat surprised at the question of whether or not he ate the brains, and almost took the dead animal out of his satchel again, when the male continued. "Ah, I eat what there is; I don't believe in wasting foods. But if you need it for some purpose, you may have it back," he offered. Brain was okay; he didn't think anything of it. He did prefer liver, though, but who didn't? His now moved onto Skye, who seemed startled by the question also, though perhaps differently than himself. The conversation continued, however, and he directed his attention to it. However unfortunate for Ouija, for now his main attention was focused on Skye. You never knew, one day the relationship between these packs could turn out to be vital. The red-pelted male grinned broadly at the mention of trade, and was quickly curious about these "arts". What kind of arts? So many cultures seemed to have different opinions. "A trade would be brilliant! These arts.. do they include music?" Perhaps they had some new instruments to supplement their own collection with. It would be interesting to see if they had craftsmen who could create new ones as well. Dawali's knowledge only stretched as far as simple flutes.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; Sorry, it's been unusually cold where I am at (enough to actually get snow) and I'm anemic so I can't keep body heat so I've been freezing lately and unable to feel my fingers and toes. And I'll just have Ouija exit since he isn't needed anymore; 314 words

Was the eating of brains really that weird? It was meat and meat was meant to be eaten. Though he had some other purpose in mind for them. He wanted to make something out of the skin and so the brains were needed to soak it in. But that was fine. He would just get another. He smiled and shook his head when he was offered the brains back. "No, it is fine. I will just catch another to use." He had pretty much already decided that before he had even spoke. If he hurried back to the area then he should be able to find another easily enough.

"I am glad that you don't waste." Ouija tried to make sure that he used every part of what he caught. Sometimes resources were scarce and you just couldn't toss anything out. "If you will excuse me I feel the need to depart." He spoke the words as he pushed himself to stand up, tucking away the skin. "It has been a pleasure." He gave a dip of his head before turning and heading off in the direction that he had come from.

Seeing as he had just caught the beaver not long ago he should be able to get another easily enough. At least those were the thoughts that directed his steps. He had an idea in mind and he wanted to go with it. Sitting around and talking was starting to get old. He had to have something to do. He had to keep his hands as well as his mind busy. And now that he had an idea in his head he wanted to get started on it so he could see if it would turn out as he had imagined it would. Of course he thought to find this other male again to show it off when he had it complete.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: 421

"Goodbye, Ouija," Skye said as the originally white but now color-clad canine left the premises. Ouija was a good pack member - he was around when someone needed him, and the offer with the beaver was good as a gift to Dawali, the leader of another pack. She knew, however, that he wasn't the type to sit around and talk for long periods of time - he wanted to get moving, he wanted to do something. Skye understood that. After long periods, her fingers would get restless - it was like they had to do something, anything. If they didn't, they began to play with her hair, and Skye didn't like that habit very much. So she had taken up writing. Whenever her fingers felt like they needed to do something, they wrote - and if Skye was taking a break from writing, they'd twirl the pencil around in her hands.

Skye snapped out of her thoughts, however, as Dawali began to speak again. She grinned at him, glad that he thought a trade would be great. Although they were far apart - she had heard that the AniWaya pack was many miles south - and from a widely different culture, she was glad that they would still trade, and perhaps have an alliance? She wasn't sure how to bring that up, so she left the idea open in her mind. It'd be good for the new pack to have a friend in this world.

"Absolutely!" Skye exclaimed at Dawali's question of music. "Shawchert, the other leader of the pack, plays the flute, and even writes music, I think. And we have another member who plays the guitar." She didn't know how any of them 'wrote music', but she did know she saw some 'sheet music' somewhere. Maybe the library. It was full of these funny little dots that were written on four straight lines. Some were filled dots with lines on them and some were just outlines, but Skye could never make any sense of them. She wondered why Dawali was so interested in music - did he play? Maybe he could read the mysterious dots that Skye didn't understand.

Skye's parents had been more into knowledge and reading than music, although music excited Skye a great deal. She loved hearing the beautiful tones play. Shaw playing his flute was the first time she had heard music, in fact. Before that, it had just been the birds, and maybe Skye humming every once in a while.

<style>
.flowerskye p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.flowerskye b {color:#1F356B; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.flowerskye-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 5px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:290px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #1944D2;}
.flowerskye {width:514px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5311/flowersk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1F356B; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #B1CCED; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8CBBFC; min-height:320px;}
.flowerskye-border {width:516px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
[/html]

WC: 409
Rawr!

Dawali said nothing when Ouija refused the brain back. It was his own choice to make, and apparently he had a knack for catching beavers anyway. The Chief was sincerely appreciative of the gift he had received, and smiled politely when his head bobbed in a nod. "Hehe, yes, you could say I am a gatherer at heart; there is always some use for everything, so why not keep it all?" The colorful male rose to leave, and as he excused himself Dawali gave him his small bow, a gesture somewhere in between a firm nod, and a bow of the head and neck only. It was his way of showing respect, and most around these parts seemed to recognize this. "A pleasure, Ouija. I hope our next meeting will be pleasurable, also." Dawali remained polite and with his attention turned to the younger male while he watched him make his way elsewhere, turning to Skye only when Ouija was almost out of sight. Now, he sat down again by the fire. It was not so comfortable to stand all the time.

He felt his excitement rise as she confirmed his suspicions, and his tail could not help but give a swish in one direction before settling again. So they did music, eh? Now, the flute he had heard of, but this guitar thing... it was something new. But if they could play the flute, perhaps there were those among them who spent their time crafting instruments, also. "Fantastic! Tell me, what is this... guitar?" They played primarily on drums, rattles, flutes and their own voices in AniWaya, though of course there were many different kinds of flute. If they sang, they would sing the same melody, all of them, and the tones they chose would always be one out of a scale of five different tones. The pentatone scale, though Dawali had absolutely no knowledge of this. To him, their music was all he had ever heard, and naturally he assumed that their music must be similar, if only with different instruments. What else was there? One of these days, on a visit, he thought, he had to meet this Shawchert and hear his music. "Do you have craftsmen? For example, is anyone able to craft drums and flutes in your pack?" It was only natural to know how to build your instrument, he thought. Only because he had never seen a piano or a guitar before, surely.

[/html]
[html]
xD 'what is this...guitar?' wc: 302

Dawali was quite polite, Skye noted, as he kept his eyes on the departing wolf without fail until he was almost out of range of sight or hearing. The leader then sat down, and Skye realized her own legs were aching; thinking it was alright to sit if the other was, and it'd be easier to talk to each other if they were, Skye sat down on her own side of the fire. The light danced on the trees and the grass from the fire, and the fire itself was alive with life and heat. She felt the heat soak into her fur and warm her.

Dawali's tail swished once before stopping, and Skye could tell he was excited for this new finding of music in a pack of the arts. She knew that he would trade now, from his body language. She grinned as he asked what a guitar was.

Taking a stick, Skye drew a guitar in the dirt. "It looks like that," she said, gesturing towards the crude drawing on the ground. "You pluck the strings and different sounds come out." She remembered fondly the wonderful sounds and songs that came from Pixie's guitar, and wished that she could play as deftly as she could. She knew that, however, it would take time and practice, both things that Skye had plenty of. She could master it; it would just take time. But she still thought dreamily of the guitar.

At the mention of craftsmen, Skye nodded vigorously. "We have two! Ouija, who you just saw leave," she said ruefully, glancing back to where the white wolf had disappeared off to, "and...Bangle," she said, giggling slightly. She stopped quickly, however. "I'm not sure if they can make instruments, however. I'll have to ask them."

<style type="text/css">
.skyeforest b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.skyeforestooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.skyeforest p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skyeforest {margin:0 auto; width:397px; background-color:#4E6617; background-image:url(http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6222/avatarho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C8FF87; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#C8FF87; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.skyeforest-border {width:399px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]

Very sorry for the delay! Please read this to understand? Sad <3

Skye drew a shape in the sand, and Dawali watched with great interest, blatantly obvious from the shine in his eye and slightly opened mouth. Still, the shape she drew made little sense to him - how were the strings made? Why on earth would it make sense? The male assumed the drawing to be of the actual size of a "guitar", and could not deduce what materials it was made from. To.. pluck the strings? His eyebrows furrowed towards each other as the male thought, and he took a breath to speak a question several times before the question came, as if trying to find the best way to speak it. "So— You— ...I think I will have to see this guitar to understand," he finally concluded, speaking it with a resigned sigh, though still a very intrigued one. Having no clue at all how an instrument like that would work, the male spent a short moment wondering how it sounded. If tackled literally, "plucking" strings didn't sound like it would make a pleasing sound at all. But clearly there had to be more to it than that.

His brows rose with excitement as Skye responded with such positive words, though lessened only slightly when she stated she didn't know if they could make instruments. For a moment Dawali was puzzled yet again - here was a pack of many musicians, yet none were able to create instruments? Who made these "guitars", then? "I see... But where do you get your instruments if you do not create them yourselves?" While Dawali was foreign to these instruments, he knew very well that many inhabitants of these lands salvaged items left over from the humans. He loathed the feeling he got whenever he approached an area which had so many scars it was obvious that it had held many of them at once - feeling as if their spirits were staring at hi from beyond while he was disturbing their ground. It chilled him, and he avoided the areas as much as he could. It had been a year since he set foot in such a place, and with time he almost forgot they existed. For that reason, he didn't even stop to think that that was how these individuals were acquiring their "guitars".

[/html]