Only a Memory Away
[html]<style type="text/css">#erinaugust{width:450px; margin:auto; background-color:#200d04; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... otable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top; border:3px solid #9d835b;}#erinaugust .ooc{color:#7b6749; float:right; font-style:italic;}#erinaugust p{color:#694910; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:8px;}#erinaugust b{color:#d12510;}</style>
Set at the border :o

Tsukiko rose from her bed in the morning and carefully dressed herself in an autumn colored kimono. The base color of the fabric was red, but has designs in both orange and yellow upon it. It was her second best kimono, and the only other one that she had been able to take with her. She had had so many beautiful clothes, it had been one of the most difficult things to decide which to take and which to leave behind. Her parents had had the garment specially made for her, awaiting a large fall festival that took place every year. When her first fall had come around, she had been too young to shift, and so they had all eagerly awaited the coming of the next one. Takahiro and Hikari hadn't lived to see another fall, and now Tsukiko was half way across the world. When she looked at herself in the mirror she was filled with equal parts sorrow and pride.

It was getting colder here, just as it would be in Japan as well. The Shimazu woman didn't want to stay inside today, she needed to get some fresh air. Setsuna had the exact opposite desire though, not wishing to experience the cool winds that awaited outside the doors. Tsukiko told her friend she would be back later and stepped outside, instantly feeling the chill of the air. It wasn't unpleasant to her though, in fact it fit her mood more than anything. Her elaborate kimono was weighing heavily upon her shoulders and she needed some time alone with her thoughts. It was probably best that Setsuna was staying in today.

The Japanese fey took a long walk without direction or purpose through the large territory of Dahlia de Mai. Various scents came to her nose, some wolf and some not. There were many that lived in this pack, it seemed, and yet she had only met a minuscule fraction of them. Of course this was mostly her own fault as she stayed locked up indoors most days, trying to sort out her complicated feelings about her current situation. Suddenly, as if she had hit a wall, the moonlit girl stopped. Soft blue eyes looked out at the territory that was no longer under Dahlia's rule. She wondered what all lay outside of these borders, but was of yet unwilling to recross that line. A gust blew past her, making the tails of her hair fly out to one side as she stared out at the unknown.

[/html]
[html]

(5 Points) OOC: <3

Today was a rather cold day, but Shawchert’s wintercoat was coming in, which made him sad because his natural red was mixing in with the maroon he’d made, though he did like the deep color of his pelt, he did like showing off his dye work, even though it was never his, he’d always had someone hired for it. He couldn’t get any more of the dye until springtime when he could make it from the different flowers and berries.

He was heading north today, he’d smelled a pack that was close by not too long ago, and thought he’d explore it, and hopefully find some friendly faces, of course he wasn’t going to trespass onto their lands but he had luck before where some had actually been just outside their borders. He was once again playing his flute that he’d made so long ago, it was getting old in the years, well not really really old, he’d made it a year and a half ago, but he’d played it so often he could hear that it was being wore out, he’d have to make another soon. He was playing a slow tune, one fit for the autumn weather, something that was swayable as the leaves swayed when the wind blew through them, and they fell from their home to rest on the ground below. Autumn was ultimately Shawchert’s favorite season. He’d love it if the season never changed from now on, but he knew that all seasons were needed, and that he’d help them all by being the wolf he was.

Soon he found himself close to the borders of Dahlia and saw why it had been picked of all places for a pack. He moved along its borders keeping his eye out for anything interesting and anyone in particular, his flute still to his mouth. He moved on and on until he saw a solitary shape in the distance, where he took a sudden stop in both his feet and his flute. There stood a cream colored wolf in what looked like camouflage; it was the exact colors of autumn, making the light brown in her fur look as though it was white instead of a very light brown. He was struck by her beauty, though Shawchert had never been attracted to the looks of women, he had always been mistaken, and today was one of those days as he slowly pulled the flute from his mouth. She was amazing, even with that lost look in her eyes, his heart pounded on his chest as he moved forward, slowly, hoping he wasn’t dreaming of such beauty

Hello, what a fine day this is, to see two beautiful things in one setting. The autumn with all its wonder and now a very fine wolf to present myself to. My name is Shawchert, I’m a leader of the pack Cercatori D’Arte.

He said when he got within earshot to talk. He was a charmer at heart, but not a flatterer, he said things as truthfully as he’d saw them, and he saw her as the shining image of Autumn itself, if she were wearing anything different, he’d see her as whatever it was she looked like to him.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">#erinaugust{width:450px; margin:auto; background-color:#200d04; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... otable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top; border:3px solid #9d835b;}#erinaugust .ooc{color:#7b6749; float:right; font-style:italic;}#erinaugust p{color:#694910; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:8px;}#erinaugust b{color:#d12510;}</style>
<3! 300+

Her plan hadn't precisely been to join the first pack she had come to. Initially she had meant to explore the area and find the place that she thought would fit her best. After she had finally descended into the occupied portion of the peninsula though and come across those awful mounted skulls, well things had changed. When she saw that grisly barrier, everything about the lands had screamed savages and hostility. Then Layla had found her and offered warmth in that frightening atmosphere and she had latched onto it with all her strength. Perhaps that was how fate had meant for things to happen though. Dahlia de Mai was nothing like what she was accustomed to, but surely there was no pack here that would ring any more familiar to her. Perhaps this was the place she was meant to stay out her exile. Tsukiko certainly had no desire to leave it's protective borders in this moment.

As the delicate woman stood there, looking out at everything and nothing, her ears twitched. What was that she heard so faintly? A song? She could not tell if it were close or if it were simply being carried on the wind, but there was definitely music in the air. Oh, it had been so long since she had heard an instrument. Her parents had often asked musicians to come and play at their house. Her uncle had not been so appreciative of the arts and had been far too stingy for such things. The sailor she had come across the ocean with had had their own brand of music, which while more quaint, had still been enjoyable. Ever since she had left their presence though, there had been no music. Tsukiko was just really beginning to relish the sound when it inexplicably stopped. The girl waited a moment, hoping it would resume, but there was only the sound of the wind again. A disappointed sigh left her chest.

Then there was a voice, deep and masculine, though not intimidating. Tsukiko's blue orbs quickly swept over the form of the red toned man, his form towering over her's even though he was still some small distance away. His words were flattering, and she felt a small blush creep upon her cheeks, but retained her composure. She, a Shimazu, would not let herself be flustered by pretty words. At the mention of his position though, she was intrigued. Another leaders in these lands? "Greetings, Shawchert-san. I am Tsukiko Shimazu, and this is Dahlia de Mai." While curious about this man, she refrained from giving any comment on his complimentary words, remaining somewhat aloof.

[/html]
[html]

(3 Points) OOC wheee!!

if he thought that she had beauty only on the outside he’d been wrong. The sound of her voice made him feel like a little pup again swooning at anything that would come by, he hoped that wasn’t what he was looking like. He cleared his throat hoping he could keep whatever composure he had.

It is a great pleasure to meet you tusuki,

He blushed, feeling bad he couldn’t pronounce her name in the fluid way she did, well he’d have to practice it. If he was lucky he’d make a friend, and she’d enjoy his company.

I have heard of this place, I can see why it’s where it is. A beautiful land. Have you lived here long?

He asked curious, she didn’t seem like a personal wolf from the way she had answered him, and not even the slightest smile on her face, which made him start to worry, and not many wolves made him do that. He hoped he had not offended her in any way.

I was just looking at the area, I want to make the alpha of this pack a very nice gift as we are neighbors and quite close to one another.

He was in fact making something for all the packs he knew about, and hopefully make allies out of them rather than enemies, but so far he’d had one that was going that way as one of its members attacked him. He’d be more cautious, but how did they feel if he was there peacefully on a pack related mission? He cursed himself for mind wandering and went to the here and now. If this young woman knew the Alpha here then she might be able to actually tell him a little about the wolf, but he wanted to know more about her though.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
300+

The man, for all his stature and brawn, seemed a bit starry eyed. When he tried to repeat her name, his tongued seemed to trip over the pronunciation of it. Perhaps with some people this would have annoyed her and her proud heritage told her to take it as an affront. However, all his other words and mannerisms were so pleasant and he did seem a bit embarrassed that he had not been able to say it quite right, so the woman was inclined to overlook that small slip up. "It is nice to meet you as well," she offered back a bit more kindly. Her guard was still up, but one of her gifts was knowing how to be pleasant without completely opening herself up to someone else. "Yes, it is quite pleasant." Nothing compared to her own homeland, but certainly not unkind to the eye either. "Not long, no. I only recently arrived here after a long time at sea." After the first week she had become used to the ship, but it had not been easy. Even though she wished to return to Japan as quickly as she possibly could, she was not looking forward to the voyage back.

Shawchert's intent was one that she was familiar with, coming from a noble family as she did. While the Shimazu clan was very highly esteemed and reigned over much land, they were not the only strong family in Japan and often they sent envoys back and forth with the nobility of other provinces. It wasn't often that her parents had made trips to the lands of the other nobles, but it had happened. Tsukiko knew that whenever she returned, she would need to visit the other families herself to ensure her rightful place. "Conor-sama is the alpha here. I do not know where he is presently, though." It was then that her cerulean eyes lit upon the flute that he had and a certain excitement welled up in, though he would not be able to see it from her expression. "Were you the one playing that song, Shawchert-san?" she asked, a hint of hopefulness in her foreign voice.

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: He’s all words Wink!

Her words were like honey to his ears when she said that it was nice to meet him, it was in a bit of a nicer tone, one that seemed welcoming enough to him. When she mentioned she’d been out to sea his ears perked up. He smiled at her, he had always been intrigued by sea voyages.

You have been on a boat? That must have been something, where did you come from?

He asked, her accent was actually very strange to him, but it sounded so beautiful, like a song. He smiled pleasantly when she said the leader was not around. He didn’t have the said gift with him, it wasn’t even made yet.

That’s ok, I was actually wanting to figure things out before I meet him, I am a carver so I can carve up a nice little thing that would possibly mean something to him, but I’d like to make him something that he likes. Do you happen to know about him, his personality?

Shaw didn’t need to know the likes and dislikes of the wolf a personality tended to be enough for him to make something worthwhile. Her question made him beam with pride.

Yes that was me. I am also a flute player.

He said, digging through his bag for his flute and pulled it out to show it to her. It was not gorgeous thing, he’d made it to do its job. He did, however have a metal flute he’d found, preserved that he used only on special occasions, but as that was back home, he could not show it to her.

I made this flute myself, and it does play lovely songs, though the songs could not be more lovely as you.

He said charmingly, staring at her and putting the flute to his lips to play a slow soft song.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Her defenses are breaking down :o 300+

The large man seemed incredibly intrigued by the fact that she had come to this place by sea. Perhaps there really weren't many foreigners here. Tsukiko, despite not having explored much of this place, was fairly confident that there were no others here from the orient, as she was. "Yes, for over a month. I come from Japan." She didn't bother asking if he knew of her homeland. The chances were extremely slim that he did; if he somehow did know, then she would be impressed. This place was primitive compared to her home. Well, compared to any other place she had been to. Even the port city she had landed at had had some semblance of civilization. This penninsula though, for the most part, seemed very wild.

This Shawchert, he was a leader and yet he was also an artisan? That seemed so very odd to her. No more odd than many of the other things she had come to see and experience here, but strange nonetheless. The division of labor was quite clear in Japan. Nobility would at times dabble in the arts, but they were more hobbies than anything. "I do not know him well, but," she paused, remembering back to her meeting with Dahlia's alpha. "He is a kind man, understanding. He does not particularly like acting as a leader. I mean, he does not enforce his position. That is really all I know of him." From that one meeting she knew she liked and respected the man, but she could not claim to know him well. Perhaps her vague description would be enough for this carver-king though.

When the moonlit fey questioned if he had been the creator of the music she had heard, she could see his pride evident in his eyes. Shawchert was a leader, a carver, and a flutist? It was quite the resume. "Your talents range far and wide, it seems," she said with a little bit of amusement in her light voice. Shawchert brought out his instrument and Tsukiko looked at it with concealed interest. It was not a particularly pretty thing, but she had heard the noise it produced herself and there was nothing to complain of as far as sound went. Then the man laid another flowered compliment upon her and she felt the heat in her face rise up again. The Shimazu was wary of flattery, knowing it could be used as a deadly weapon. However, nothing about this man seemed deceptive or false.

It was the song he began to play that truly caught her attention. The lovely, longed for music seeped in through her ears and she could feel her well preserved mask start to melt ever so slightly. Her smile grew as he played, and there was a light that came into her cerulean eyes that had not been seen there in many moons.

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC:

Shawchert had never heard of Japan himself, but to travel for a month on the sea it must habe been pretty far he widened his eyes, it must have been a hard time staying in one place for so long.

That is a mighty long time to be out to sea. I’m sorry to say that I have never been to Japan. Though it would be worth the visit if there were wolves like you there.

He was now feeling he put a little too much flattery into that one but it wasn’t going to bother him for long as she started explaining what she knew of her leader. He soaked in all the words that she gave, trying to picture the wolf, though that was impossible to get perfect, he wasn’t trying to focus what was on the outside but more of what was on the inside. he grinned happily at her compliment, for that’s what he took it as.

It just means that I can never say that I am bored.

He said once he’d finished his flute playing. He could tell she liked it, he could see it in her eyes and the smile that she made, well it melted his own heart. It made him want to play some more music for her just to see the smile.

You should smile more often, it is so beautiful.

He said, not a charm that he normally used, but a pure and simple compliment. He pulled the flute to his mouth and started playing again, this time swaying slowly around her, a light in his eyes himself, he was being playful, though he knew little of actual playing, he danced around her for a little while before pulling the flute from his lips

So, tell me what Japan is like? Is it much different than Nova Scotia?

Shawchert had traveled around other areas in his years as a loner, but as she said she’d gotten here from the sea so she knew little else. He was curious about what Japan was like to produce such a quiet lovely lady.
wish.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Wish someone would win the game already so my tables stop getting effed up :| 500+

Shawchert was clearly surprised at how long it had taken her to reach this continent by boat, his blue eyes widening as she gave the account. It had been a horribly long journey, especially for one who had never traveled by sea before. Thankfully she had quickly adjusted to ship life and had not been plagued be seasickness. "It was very long. A voyage to take only if you must." Tsukiko had had little choice. It was either flee or submit to her uncle's providence. The latter of which had been no option at all, as far as she was concerned. "Japan is a wonderful place. I would not have left if I had not needed to." Inadvertently the man was drawing some hints of her past out into the open. Of course the Shimazu was aware of what she said, but she was still careful to stay away from details. She did not wish to revisit all the pain, as she had with Conor.

The multi-talented man continued his song for a bit before he stopped. Tsukiko almost spoke, asking him to please continue, but reigned in her tongue. It would have sounded far too much like begging and she refused to ever stoop to that level. She may have left nearly everything behind but she was no beggar. Now that his lips were no longer occupied he replied to her earlier statement about him. What he said actually had a good point, she surprisingly found. That was one thing she often found herself being these days: bored. When she wasn't brooding over her situation she was usually just sitting around doing nothing. The woman had yet to make any true friends and she honestly wondered if she would ever be able to.

Shawchert's compliment about her smile hit her harder than his other flatteries had. It seemed the most honest of all, the most sincere. She could feel the color seeping into her cheeks again, but thankfully he started to play his flute again so she had something external to focus on. This time though, he began to dance around her. There was nothing particularly elegant about his movements and yet somehow they seemed to fit the tall man perfectly. The corners of her lips lifted even more, despite herself. What was it about this odd man that could so easily make her feel better?

When he stopped his playing and dancing, he asked her about her home, if it were different than here. "It is very different from here." She could think of few other ways that could make it any more different than her homeland. "Japan is more civilized. We do not have these packs, but the country is split up into provinces that are ruled by the noble clans. My family, the Shimazu, is one of these clans." For some reason, she did not hesitate to reveal this fact about her to him. "It is hard to explain all the differences, there are so many. This place seems as if another world to me."

<style type="text/css">
.tsukiautumn b {font-weight:bold; color:#D77204; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #351500; }
.tsukiautumn-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.tsukiautumn p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tsukiautumn {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#BF3A01; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... autumn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020000; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B0000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: Shaw the egomaniac o.O

It is too bad that I couldn’t go for a visit then, I’m afraid I’m more of a land animal myself, the thought of a boat really turns my stomach.

He said, smiling a little, it seemed he’d caught a bit of a slick area in the conversation and he wanted her to be happy, so he didn’t want to prod her anymore than he should. He was happy after he did his little dance around her that she liked the music, he couldn’t help but want to keep playing, but he was still so interested in the place she had come from. So it was different for sure, apparently they were more wild here than they were in Japan, it made him wonder… if she thought lesser of them, but then again Shaw had always been the lowest of the low until he came into the area headstrong in making his way. Now he was a leader, though he’d become one he still felt like a lower creature, and thinking that someone could be more civilized made him feel more like a barbarian.

There is a pack I know of, they have a system kind of like that, but it is too small to really split into smaller groups, but from what I’ve heard they grow food not just for themselves but for the animals they have. I don’t know much but I’ve been about myself, I’ve wandered in my day, and I’ve seen towns and such, I have to admit though, I like the life of a pack rather than the life of a community.

He said, then shut his mouth, he was talking too much. This was him learning about her, though he seemed to get a bit ahead of himself and spoke away anyway.

Well in any case I’m glad you came here, it’s a nice place, I’m pretty new myself actually, I haven’t been here for too long actually, though I think I accomplished so much in a few months than I have in my pack.

Grrr there he went starting to talk about himself again. He would keep quiet for now in hopes he’d get her to open up a little more.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's okay, Tsuki's a little full of herself too XD 300+

Tsukiko's small shoulders shrugged slightly at his comment about boats. "It is not particularly pleasant, but you get used to it." It was either that or just be miserable for the whole time. Morale on a ship, just as in a province, was crucially important to keep everything running smooth as the merchant captain had told her. If she had moped around her depression could have easily spread to the rest of the crew and it would have made things much harder. Heading off into exile was nothing to be happy about, but she had focused her energy into learning the English tongue and culture and that had helped her melancholy.

Unlike Shawchert, who had recently jumped from the bottom of the pecking order to the top, it was the complete opposite for the Shimazu fey. Her whole life she had been bread for nobility and leadership and now that had all been stripped away from here. Now she was in a place that she was a nobody. She had no status, no standing, no influence, nothing. If things were not difficult enough, such feelings of worthlessness only compounded her issues. The tall man talked of his own experiences and of the places he had seen. He may have liked this way of life more, but it seemed so unanchored to her. "It is a hard adjustment to make, living such as this. I am used to structure. This is all so strange to me." She liked Conor, he was a kind man, but she did not understand his style of leadership. It had undoubtedly worked to her advantage in gaining acceptance here, but to the noble woman it seemed dangerously lax.

She couldn't help the sadness that swept over her face when the man said he was glad she was here. It was nice of him to say, but it only reminded her how very lonely she was and how she wanted nothing more than to return home. Tsukiko would give all she could to turn back the clock and have her life be as it had been. "It is nice..." but it is not home. It would never be home, no matter how accustomed she became to all the differences. "You started your own pack? Just recently?" Did that mean that anyone who wished to could just make their own settlement and be the leader? That seemed a recipe for strife and chaos to the Shimazu.

<style type="text/css">
.tsukiautumn b {font-weight:bold; color:#D77204; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #351500; }
.tsukiautumn-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.tsukiautumn {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#BF3A01; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... autumn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020000; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B0000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+5 OOC: jeebus…. Forgive me on the last part I winged it a bit /cry

Tsuki was a woman of few words as well as expression, but when melding both together she told a story, and Shaw was trying to decipher this story, little by little. She was confused and lost… it made him feel sad for her, he wondered if her community had been like the pack he’d come from, strict and uncaring of those weaker than the norm. He mentioned nothing about that though, that pack was the past, they had disposed of him cruelly, treated him as an Omega should be treated all for one rumor one of the Omega’s had spread about him… that he’d done a crime.

In any case, I doubt the ship life would do me much good, besides you are here, there’s no need to visit there.

This was another flatter, but one to make her feel good about herself, he hoped that it would be taken that way, it wasn’t that he didn’t respect other cultures, in fact he found them exciting and interesting, though when she spoke up again about the disorder of it all, Shaw tilted his head, the pack here was not like his then? Though Shaw was one that was pretty lax with rules they still had jobs, they still were expected to do duties that befitted the pack or else they wouldn’t live much longer.

I’m sure there is structure, you just have to find it, I’m not saying it should be hard to find, but every wolf has their place and duty in any pack.

He said, packs were made to be tight knit, that’s what he’d learned, then again he’d never been in a huge pack, though the one he had now was growing beyond his own wonders. The word went around about it and they had many more joiners come at last… though he felt his stomach turn at her question about just recently making the pack it seemed like she was disbelieving that a pack could be formed or was it that he was still new to the lands. Whatever the case he didn’t want her to think he was just a nobody, his father had been a leader after all, though Shaw had been treated like nothing since he was born, as the runt of his litter.

Yes it was just recently made, but it was quite a difficult task, not one I’d be willing to repeat. I do not plan for anything to happen with my pack though so I think I’m good for a while.

The last part was made as a joke, he really didn’t plan for anything to happen with his pack at all, much less it actually being pulled apart, he was working to keep it together tight knit like a pack should be. he could tell the woman was definitely homesick and he was probably making it worse.

But in any case, you can always find something to keep your mind off of the disappointments of a pack, and look to what’s good about it, so far you are safe as well as you can be, so the pack is working enough to keep you protected, now you need to let yourself go, loosen up, learn something new maybe. Find something that will make you not have to think about home all the time.

He said, playing his flute for a second. It was his way of remembering his home rather than forgetting it, but it seemed she needed some kind of distraction, he wanted to remember his mother and all that she taught him and the best way to do that was to play his flute and he did, constantly.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ridiculous wait is ridiculous : / Sorry Shaw 300+

Tsukiko was not the type to lay her sob story at someone's feet. It was her burden to bare, and the fewer that knew the whole of her history, the better. She had been raised to keep her troubles and concerns close to her, for if such information fell into the wrong hands it could be irreversibly devastating. A leader had to seem larger than life, had to be more controlled and without weakness. Japan was not in a constant state of war, but the fewer problems one invited, the fewer problems one would have. Shawchert's words were meant as another flattery, she knew, but despite being noble born, she was not so pompous to think that she were the gem of all Japan. She was not the Empress, after all. "There is much more to my home than myself, Shawchert-san. Though I suppose it is kind of you say so."

He did not seem to find the same concerns as she did in the ways the wolves lived their lives here. Though why should he? Even if he were not from here, she supposed things would not be handled very differently anywhere else nearby on this continent. His words did hold some truth to them though. There likely was a structure here, it was just not so easy to spot as she was accustomed to. "I suppose. Things were just much more clear in Japan," she said somewhat wistfully. Though when he spoke of each member having their place and duty, her soft expression nearly faded into a frown. What was her place? What was her duty? Whatever it was, she knew that it would not be pleasing to her own personal sense of honor and duty. What had she gotten herself into? Had she set herself up for embarrassment and degradation?

So making a pack was not easy, according to Shawchert, but it had still been done. How very odd. Tsukiko was a little curious as to how that worked, but kept her questions to herself. "This place is not nearly so populated as Japan. There really is not much land that is not put to use, or already claimed." She had barely seen another soul while she had trekked here from Freetown. It had seemed a land only populated by ghosts. The man tried to give some positive viewpoints, and give her advice on to how to leave her melancholy behind, but it was no so easy. Loosening up was not something a Shimazu did. They were wound tight and polished from their earliest moments of life. "I cannot forget. I may be exiled now, but I will return, and my people will depend on me. Letting go...it is not an option." This was not her new home, it was a necessary evil that she must endure.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 325 (+3) OOC: what a crappy shaw post, lol he’s gotta find a way to dig outta that XD

Ah well, I figured that, but as you are the only clue to such a place in the here and now, I suppose it would be best to say that in any case.

He said, smiling at her, he knew little to nothing of the foreign land, and though it was obviously intriguing, he doubted he’d step food off the continent he was on now. He had troubles crossing the great lakes let alone an ocean… though he did sit in a tiny boat as a disgruntled wolf rowed him across… but it was all the same matter, he more than likely wouldn’t like it. Was she unhappy that there weren’t so many wolves? If there were that many, things would become polluted, tainted, disorderly, and not to mention their prey. He liked it the way it was, small tight knit packs over random strangers, but he said nothing but merely nodded. What had made him shirk back and want to defend himself were her next words.

Now ma’am I never said you needed to forget about your home, nor any of the things you’ve learned from them, but as of right now, you are not at home, remember everything, I remember my old home, though I wish I didn’t but I do, only to remind myself what not to become, you have every right to keep your heritage with you, but try to understand the cultures of your own pack as well…

He trailed off for a second, feeling bad he was scolding her for mistaking that he mentioned she should forget about her own home,

I truly meant that you shouldn’t hide away from something new…

Ok those were bad words to say too, he cursed himself. He felt angered at himself for letting his words come out the way they did, but hopefully Tsuki would not take too much offense to them, then again, he could tell how well disciplined she was.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

If Tsukiko could/would emote more, she would make this face: D8< SoSuWriMo 427

Tsukiko wondered why this man was so intent on giving her praise and flattery. It was not as if they were in Japan, where when she returned she would wield great power. Here she had no power, no influence. The Shimazu had been too young to have met any suitors before her parents had died, and her uncle had not had the opportunity to introduce any of his rich men to her before she escaped. He had been too concerned about negotiating prices than following what was socially expected and considered right. So really, she was rather baffled by the way Shawchert was treating her. It was nice, she guessed, but the moonlit fey had no inkling of how to react to such things since they were clearly not for the kind of personal gain she was used to expecting.

Japan had never appeared overpopulated or crowded to her. Of course this was partly due to the fact that it was what she had always known; having so much open space and so few canines, it was somewhat unnerving to her. Also though, she personally had never felt stifled for she did not live among "the masses". There was plenty of room on the personal Shimazu estates. If you wanted to be alone, you had no problem finding someplace to keep to yourself. Even if she were not nobility though, she could not imagine it was really all that cluttered. Japanese society was a very private society after all.

When Shawchert spoke in response to her last words, their conversation took a serious turn towards the negative. A dangerous spark flashed in her cerulean orbs and her face took on a somewhat stony appearance. Was he scolding her? Her, who when she was restored to her rightful place would have more influence than he could ever dream of? Did he think her some ignorant little pup? Tsukiko's jaws pressed tightly together as she stared at him unnervingly. When he finally finished his insulting little speech, it was her turn to tell him something. "You know nothing." Her voice, while soft in volume, was hot steel in tone. "You think I do not know I am not home? I am reminded every second of every day. Do not assume the right to preach to me when you know nothing of what I have gone through and continue to endure." Even if he knew, he could not fully understand. Giving him one last unsettling stare, the woman turned and walked briskly away from the borders and back towards Wolfville.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]