to speak a word for nature
1. Character Name: Che Alves
2. Character Birthdate (including year): October 30, 2007
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: Mexican Wolf
5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): a-single-bluebird@hotmail.com
7. Currently played characters: None
8. How you found 'Souls: Its affiliation with a site I was looking at.
9. Initial post:

[html]

Time was ticking. This was the only thing that Che could be entirely sure of in a world in which he was sure of very little. Time was ticking, and soon it would be up, allowing him to leave this world as insignificant as he was the day he arrived. Over three years Che had succeeded in making absolutely nothing of himself. A wanderer by nature perhaps, he found himself content to be alone with his ever-present thoughts. Often he wondered whether he'd look back and regret his lonesome life. It wasn't that Che was anti-social, merely that he was not social. The creature did not avoid social interaction by any means, nor did he fear or dislike it. He simply existed without it, floating along as meaningless as a dandelion seed in the cool fall breeze. However, Che had been inspired suddenly (by what, he did not know) to put the potential for regret to rest. He aimed now to be known, by at least a few, and to do so he intended to join a pack.

Che was not sure how far he'd wandered from his original home. He'd crossed an ocean at one point merely to see if he was capable, he'd braved the densest forests, climbed the tall mountains, shivered through the cruel winters of the north, and all for no reason other than because he had nowhere to be. Any sane man would take a bet in which he could gain a million dollars without having to put up anything on his end; this symbolized the most interesting aspect of a life without meaning--risks can be taken with ease when you have nothing to risk.

Now, as he sat on the border of a pack he did not know, Che could only wait, albeit without much anxiety (again, nothing to lose, everything to gain) and hope that some sort of future lied ahead, be it good or bad. That was another funny thing about the Meaningless Existence--you're never very picky.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">#savina{width:400px; background-color:#050b2a; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ina1-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:none; margin:auto; border:1px solid #000000;}#savina p{color:#367697; font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; line-height:14px; text-indent:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;}#savina b{color:#69afc2;}#savina i{color:#69afc2; float:right;}</style>

Welcome to 'Souls and Crimson Dreams! Big Grin 300+

The wind was cold, and cut through her ebony pelt right down to her skin. The Commander stopped for a moment and shook herself, hoping to shake away the cold. Of course it didn't work, but she did feel at least an iota warmer than she had before. Winter would be coming upon them fast and the first snowfalls were not far away. It was no secret that winter was the woman's least favorite season. Her veins ran with warm Mediterranean blood that despite the fact she had lived here for two years now was still unaccustomed to such cold. Soon it would be time to dig her coat out of the closet. Savina wasn't much a fan of the old human clothing, but she had found the coat last winter and it had become an invaluable possession. She was also almost done knitting the scarves for her three youngest children; the mother wanted to make certain they kept warm their first winter.

The dark Italian fey swept quickly over the borders of her realm, making sure that everything was as it should be. With her sister so close to giving birth, she had become hyper vigilant and protective and had increased her patrols of the edges of the Dreaming lands. Most days there was nothing new to find, but today there was. A stranger's scent hit her nose and she quickly made her way to where the unknown wolf was sitting at their borders. Savina's head and tail went up, displaying clearly her rank as she approached the male. "You sit upon the borders of the Crimson Dreams pack, what is it that you seek here?" she asked in her accented tones. She wondered how long he had been sitting here, and why he hadn't howled, but at least he had not actually crossed into their lands.

[/html]
[html]

Che remembered only one occasion where he'd felt he was actually a part of something and that was when he was just a child, living somewhere in the continent he'd come to learn was South America. A little boy with two sisters, a mother, and a father, Che's family had been very close-knit for the first nine months of his life--ironic, considering he had spent the rest of his life as much of a loner as one could be. Until recently, Che had never really thought about what might have caused him to lead the life he now did; he'd merely felt it was right and for a long time what felt right was right in his mind.

Two months ago, he'd fallen very, very ill. After hunting a deer alone (a silly move on his part, looking back) Che had nearly had it when it kicked him in the leg, causing a very deep gash. Such a wound might not have been a problem, but it soon became infected and Che found himself in a very grave situation. He could barely walk and had broken out in a terrible fever that allied itself with chills and fatigue. When it reached the point that Che was seriously questioning his ability to survive, he had happened upon a pack, a pack that had nursed him back to health without second thought. Che, though extremely grateful, had moved on after his recovery, but the memories of such love and respect in one place had stuck with him and he found that a seed had been planted and it grew and grew until he decided he simply had to be a part of something like that.

Che's thoughts had passed the time and soon he could sense the arrival of another wolf. Sure enough, a dark female was before him, wasting no time in questioning his intentions. Her voice was very different, unlike any he had heard and it rung beautifully through the cold air. Smiling, Che dipped his head in a mixture of greeting and respect and spoke up. "Hello," he said in a deep, rough voice that sharply contrasted her own soft, melodic one. "I am Che Alves. I wonder if your pack is accepting newcomers?" he inquired, not quite sure whether he was going about this the correct way, but not knowing any better.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">#savina{width:400px; background-color:#050b2a; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ina1-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:none; margin:auto; border:1px solid #000000;}#savina p{color:#367697; font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; line-height:14px; text-indent:20px; margin-bottom:-10px;}#savina b{color:#69afc2;}#savina i{color:#69afc2; float:right;}</style>

sorry for the shorter post, joining threads posts just tend to be a bit shorter for me ^^;

The Commander had been wondering if more wolves seeking sanctuary would be showing up on their doorstep. In spring and summer it was fairly easy for a wolf to make a living on their own, catching their own pray and able to find shelter easily in the nice weather. With winter fast approaching though, those that chose that solitary lifestyle might be having second guesses about their decision. Food became harder to find and shelter that could keep out the snow and cold also. She knew she certainly would never want to try and weather the upcoming season on her lonesome. Being a part of a pack provided security that living as a loner simply could not match. It was easier to survive when you banded together with others.

As she approached him, the man smiled and dipped his head to her. Savina's head wasn't inflated with her position, and so this simple show of respect was enough for her to be content with. A soft smile painted its way across her own features, pleased that the one she was greeting was one who had his manners. "Hello Che, I am Savina Marino, the Commander here." Introductions now completed, it was quickly time to move onto the business of the matter. "We are accepting new faces into our fold. What is it that you could offer us in return for a home here?" she asked as she reclined back onto her haunches, her emerald orbs watching the Alves male expectantly.

[/html]
[html]

no worries, short and quick is perfectly fine :]

As a cold wind hurtled through the area, Che noted that it was cold, but not as cold as it would get. This realization made it seem all the more urgent that he get accepted into a pack. Braving winters in the past had been done, but not easily and he wondered how much longer he could get lucky living on his own. At her question, Che fell silent in thought. What could he offer? He was not a particularly gifted creature and had always found himself horribly ordinary. Still, though simply a learned trait, he decided the fact that he was a literate creature was probably worth mentioning. He was still working on becoming a better writer, but his reading was very advanced and he figured it wouldn't be long until he had the writing portion down.

"I can read and write," he blurted out, unsure of how to go about it in a more eloquent way. "I'm not sure how useful that may be to your pack, but I believe a well-learned being is always good to have around. Aside from that, I can promise you hard work and loyalty, I have no serious weaknesses, and therefore can contribute to anything you may need done that requires strength." Though Che searched his mind for something more promising, he found it nothing, but was hopeful that this would suffice. Smiling sheepishly, he waited.

[/html]
[html]

I'll go ask for you to be titled up, so one more post from each of us and we should be able to get this closed up Big Grin

Ever since she had become a leader, that question had become automatic for every new soul who wished to join her pack. Nothing came without a price and every member was expected to contribute in at least some small way. Savina didn't expect anything extravagant from newcomers, just the knowledge that they had something that they could give back to the pack that they wished to find a home in. Sometimes she wondered what she would say if she were asked that question and it wasn't always easy to imagine, especially for one such as her who was not inclined to puff herself up. Being humble was a virtue she held dear.

Che's response may not have been completely eloquent, but it was more than enough of what the Commander needed to hear from him. Her smile broadened as he finished speaking of his skills and attributes. "Reading and writing is always a valuable skill, even if its rewards are not quite so tangible as some others, and hard work and loyalty are attributes that cannot be undervalued," she said warmly. Crimson Dreams was all about loyalty, at least in her mind. "Well Che, I think that you would fit in just perfectly here. You'll start out as a Basic Officer. You are free to pick your dwelling wherever in the lands you wish, though I might suggest the mansion that the majority of the pack all live in, myself included." With the cold months racing at their heels, that suggestion was more than a little practical. "Welcome to Crimson Dreams," she said, her tail giving a quick wag.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.