~Joining~
A. Character Name: Sandy

B. Character Birthdate (including year): 1 March 2009

C. Species: Coyote

D. Gender: she-wolf

E. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Y!M: Lightclaw@ymail.com

F. Currently played characters: First ever character and proud ^^

G. How you found 'Souls: Google Big Grin

H. Sandy strode through some territory, her beautiful golden/amber eyes glimmering in the bright and intense sun. Her beautiful sandy fur billowed in the cool and light breeze, and as she strode beautifully over the ground her eyes beamed, and her tongue lolled as she spotted some water not far of.
Sandy galloped up to the small patch of water. She had been on the run for days. Her paw pads were bleeding and raw, and instead of smelling like freshly sprouted green grass in the morning she smelt of sweat and sickness, although she wasn't really sick. More or less she was so tired and thirsty her throat burned. She lapped up the cool and refreshing water with ease.
[html]

Hello and welcome to Souls! I am Fy'Ra. If you have any questions about the Inferni pack or Souls at all, feel free to ask and I will answer the best I can. Also, would you like your account name to be changed to Sandy to fit your character's name? WC: 312 {3 points}

Sepirah had been monitoring the borders much more often and checking to see if there would be anyone else to warn about the awesome power and pride of the Inferni pack. Her eyes wandered along the many skulls as her paws carried her along. Her days of training were still going and she would not hesistate to take down an intruder if it was worth the pack’s safety. The dark princess stopped as she picked up a scent carried by the wind. It wasn’t too strong but it was recent. With the guidance of the wind, the jackal chased after it to find its source and whoever was there.

One thing she was curious about was the fact that the new scent was coming from inside the territory. She followed it until she found the she coyote at the water getting a drink. The dark princess could understand a tired coyote needing some water, but it was not wise to trespass into claimed territory. Not wanting to cause any trouble unless the new she coyote did, she snuck away and took to the other side of the water, staring at the new comer. ”Don’t you think it’s wise not to just trespass onto a pack’s territory without their permission first?” Her tone was calm and seemed to show no emotion. She was intent on finding out what she was here for.

Seeing as neither of the leaders were here, it was time to take matters into her own hands. She sat down and kept her gaze on the stranger. ”What brings you into the Inferni pack other than to steal our resources.” The jackal remained calm and only wanted to get a little fear thrown into her mind to make sure she wouldn’t do something like this again. Her golden eyes locked and her tail flicked back and forth as she waited.

<style type="text/css"> .sep b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3c091; letter-spacing:1px; } .sep .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .sep p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #64533f} .sep {margin:0 auto; width:362px; background-color:#ad9c88; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... el/sep.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
(Yes please ^^ It'd fit my character that way)

Sandy, frozen in fear, slowly looked up at the newcomer, and she put her tail in between her legs and flattened her ears in a submissive manner. How stupid could she have been!? She mustn't have been paying attention to where she was going, and crossed into the wolfs territory! Sandy never really was the fighting type, and she more or less always submitted to higher ranking-looking wolves. She lay down on her belly to show she gave in, and was not there to cause any trouble whatsoever.
"M-My name is Sandy," responded Sandy, now giving into her cowering attitude. She looked so beautiful and graceful as she was walking among the Territory, but now she looked like a submissive wolf with ears laid back, and tail tucked under.
Well, this must be pack territory. She now was greeted with the scent of marked borders. She was on the run, so maybe she should start a new life in a pack, instead of running again.
"I came here for a drink," continued Sandy a little more bravelly now, "I have been travelling for days."
[html]

WC: 315 {3 points}

Sepirah could see the look of fear in the female’s eyes and stance as she made her appearance. She watched the coyote’s tail creep in between her legs as the dark princess raised her head. Her golden gaze remained on the stranger as she formed her submissive position. The jackal moved her head around the area and moved her ears to make sure that no one else was coming. The dark princess was not as cruel as she knew some of the other members to be and she wanted to give strangers a chance to explain themselves before she made her decisions. With a soft sigh, the jackal lowered her gaze to try and make the coyote feel more comfortable. If she decided to become a member of Inferni, she wanted to make sure this coyote would not make the same mistake twice.

Sepirah kept her ears up as she listened to the stranger say her name. Her cowardly attitude was not doing well for her. ”Rise Sandy. There is no need for you to be acting like a cowardly dog unless you are an enemy. I do not smell any of the packs on you so you have no reason to fear me.” Sepirah began to wag her tail gently to lighten up the mood. She didn’t want any new comers to feel that they didn’t belong to the pack. So she indeed was a wanderer. Perhaps she was looking for a new home. ”I see. You have stumbled into Inferni territory, a clan and home to coyotes like yourself.” The dark princess of course did not look as much coyote as many of the other members did. She had jackal blood flowing in her views but had enough percentage of coyote to be welcomed into the pack. Since Sandy looked more on the coyote side, she must have enough to achieve the requirement.

<style type="text/css"> .sep b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3c091; letter-spacing:1px; } .sep .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .sep p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #64533f} .sep {margin:0 auto; width:362px; background-color:#ad9c88; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... el/sep.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
Sandy, such a submissive and cowardly dog, felt a little braver now. Her legs were weak, her eyes were teary and sand filled but she felt brave enough to rise now, though she dipped her head in respect to the strange-looking dog. Her ears stood up now, pricking at any noise as a Coyote's ears would fo, and she began to feel more comfortable around this jackal-looking creature.
"I have been running," began Sandy, her eyes brightening as she uncurled her tail from beneath her, "looking for a new home. I have came upon territory I am not supposed to be in, for you see, I am a wanderer, but I wish not to be."
She felt hesitation creeping into her voice, and she considered even asking to join the Pack at all. But she had to. To run even more, to avoid death a few more times was likely to be impossible. She had never been as strong as her Father, or as quick as her Mother, and she didnt even look like them at all. Their fur was more a darkish orange, and their eyes deep green while she was the colour os sand, with yellowish amber eyes. She was shorter, not as big as her parents, and she wasn't the best hunter there could be. She always messed up. To survive, Sandy had fed off Carcasses, ad that barely kept her strong enough to journey even farther.
Finally, she blurted out the question that had been hanging in her mind for almost this entire conversation:
"Can I join your pack?"
[html]

You get the post early! Shower time for me though XD. WC: 342 {3 points}

Sepirah watched with a smile on her face as the stranger broke from her cowardly attitude and began to rise. This was exactly what the jackal was looking for. Inferni should consist of coyotes who are not afraid of others and have a strong will if they are going to be the future of the pack. The dark princess waited until the sandy coyote was more confident and continued with her tale of how she came about to the Inferni pack. The jackal paused as she could still see some of the tears in her eyes. Judging from this, she must have come from of rough life, or she was injured. Seeing as Sandy looked fine, she assumed the first option.

Sepirah’s eyes narrowed as the stranger’s hesistation returned once again. This was beginning to get rather annoying. The dark princess could understand if the female was tried and thirsty after traveling for so long, but if anyone was looking for a home, they would surely want to present themselves in a more confident matter. The jackal rose to her feet and cut across the water to where she was stand right in front of the coyote. She showed a couple of her teeth just to see how Sandy would react. She then moved her head back and stood, tall and strong.

Sepirha cleared her throat before continuing. ”Are you sure you want to join the pack? You don’t seem so confident. How do I know you’re not a spy for another pack or perhaps an enemy? If you truly want a spot in our ranks, then I’m sure you’ll present yourself in a more confident matter.” She paused before moving to the coyote’s back side. ”So I ask you again, are you sure you want to join our pack and if so, what skills could you provide for us?” The jackal wanted to see how Sandy would react to her tone and movement. If she was truly an Inferni ready member, she would take her advice and boost her own confidence.

(Yay ^^ Big Grin)

Sandy, now standing tall and firm, lost all sense of fear and even when the female showed her teeth she did not flinch. She was beginning to gain her confidence quite slowly, and she prepared herself for some questions-most creatures asked questions when you asked to join a pack. There could be suspicion of a Soy wolf or an enemy invading the territory. She stood up, now losing her cowardly attitude, and became braver.
"I am sure about joining the pack," Sandy barked, bravery creeping into her voice but not hostility, she still knew where she was in the ranks. She didn't look cowardly but she didn't look like much of a threat either. She was exactly in-between.
Then there was the question of what she had to offer. What talents did she have to offer? She wasn't a skillful fighter nor hunter. She was a caring creature, who even cared for the enemy at times. Would they allow her in because of this? She had to say something! Soon! Soon! What to say, What skills did she have...
"I'm a peace maker, even though you probably find that useless." How stupid of her! The words just spilled out like a volcano. They would probably say she was of no use to the Pack, and chase her out...
She really was idiotic.
[html]

Yay Big Grin. WC: 309 {3 points}

Sepirah could feel a smile creeping onto her face as she watched the coyote stand tall. This was what she wanted and she was more content now and sure that this stranger would fit into the Inferni ranks. She was glad to see that Sandy didn’t even flinch when she bared her teeth. The dark princess circled around the newcomer, her smile only continued to grow in size. She was glad to see that she was able to shape her and bring her confidence back to the surface. The jackal took her seat right in front of the stranger and kept her golden gaze locked on her eyes.

Sepirah listened to Sandy present herself in a much more formal and confident manner. To make sure she stayed in this form, the dark princess continued to circle around her. She was testing the stranger’s will and stance. So far she was passing, but that was only after the jackal pointed out the coyote’s flaws. She narrowed her eyes once more when the coyote was taking a while to say what skills she could off to the pack. She knew Sandy couldn’t keep up this act forever. She gave a small sigh as she waited for the female to give her answer.

Once again that lack of confidence came back to the female’s voice. Sepirah shook her head and circled around once more. ”Again, you lose your lack of confidence. How do you know what this pack needs or doesn’t need? Do not let yourself fall back in your presentation.” The dark princess returned to her spot behind Sandy and waited for her to fix her attitude. Her tail began to flick with a hint of annoyance. What was it going to take to fix up this coyote so she was presentable to the leaders? Apprently more than she bargained for.

(Awesome ending ^^ Sandy better toughen up and lose her attitude)

Sandy was growing even more confident, and even as the Jackal circled her she did not flinch. It was as if a whole new Sandy was shining, and she felt even more confidence then ever. A seep of pride trickled into her heart, but all pride and confidence must fall sometimes.
It was not the circling action that made her hesitate. Nor was it the Jackal's big smile. It was the Skill question. What skills did she have? She didn't exactly know. She had paused for a while, thinking, hesitating, using her confidence and feeling a little more cowardly. She knew this Jackal was getting impatient, and she now understood this Pack was about confidense. She refused to become a coward again, but she just didn't know what good skills she had to offer.
No, Sandy! A voice in her head shouted, Be confident, be brave, be yourself!
Then the Jackal hit her by saying about how her confidence was slipping. If she really did want to join the pack, she'd have to be brave. A 'presentation' must have meant a meeting with the leaders maybe...How would they react to her bad Confidence problem? And then, the Jackal was also right at another point. How did she know how what the pack wanted from her? There were other skills as well, other then hunting and fighting. She now felt a little bit more confident, and she stood tall.
"I am a Peace maker, though not much of a hunter or fighter. I am quick on my feet, silent as well, and I have sharp eyesight!"
This was true. She was a natural peace maker, quick on her paws, and eyes that were sharp and correct, though not very accurate.
Confidence...I am Confident!
[html]

Leader needed! Sandy, I need you to go to the first post in this thread, edit it so the title of the thread says "~Joining~ (Leader Needed)". WC: 317 {3 points}

Sepirah was proud to see that she was able to shape the stranger into presenting herself more properly. Her confidence was brought back to the surface and blaring into her ears. Sandy was going to need this boost of confidence when she was talking to the leaders. They would ultimately decide whether she would be allowed into the pack or not. The dark princess finally stopped circling and sat back down in front of her, her tail slinking into the water. A smile formed on her face as she relaxed her posture. She was now ready to let the leaders make their judgement. Her golden orbs moved to the stranger and hoped that she was ready as well.

Sepirah raised her ears and flicked her tail a couple times, splashing the water behind her. ”Glad to see your confidence has returned, but now it’s time to put it to the test.” She raised her muzzle towards the air and gave a jackal filled howl. It was not like the wolves, so she was sure only the leaders of Inferni would hear her and come to her, unless they were busy of course. Once she was do with her howl presentation, she lowered her muzzle and returned her gaze to Sandy. ”Because of my rank, I am not allowed to invite you into the pack, but hopefully one of the leaders will be here shortly to see if you’re worthy of joining our ranks.”

Sepirah gave a small yawn and moved to the side, placing her figure upon a rock. She lowered herself and allowed her paws to hang over the edge. For now her work was done and she wanted to relax. She of course would answer any questions the leader had to her, but for now it was her turn to be on the sidelines. Her smile remained as she waited patiently for someone to respond.

Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

(Thankyou everyone! I'll become a loyal member of Inferni and prove myself (or Sandy) to the pack.)