let the sun shine
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.saulsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#1d2243; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.saulsnow p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.saulsnow {width:400px;border:1px solid #3645d8;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ulsnow.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:282px;background-color:#89adef;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#3645d8;}
</style>

ooc;; 31.10.10

Limbs stretched and retracted in a rhythmatic pulse, fur opened and closed as the muscles beneath them worked hard. He was running, hard and fast, in a direction he was unsure of. It was exhilarating to feel the ground beneath his paws, the wind combing through his fur, the sun shimmering on his back. It was one of thos perfect autumn days, just the barest hint of a cloud in the sky. It would probably be one of the last sunny days of autumn they had that year, although the young Stormbringer didnt know this yet. Cream and tan worked perfectly together in a smooth blur as the pup moved fast through the land. To call him a pup would be a ridiculous notion, considering the fact that he would be eight months in just seventeen days. In five days, he would have been at Dahlia for a month. He had managed to put on some weight, his ribs just slightly less visible than before. And he had managed to locate both his brothers, they were fine.

His bath had taken longer than he had anticipated this morning, the autmn heat warming the waters and making them luxurious to bathe in them. He had floated down river for a while, letting the current take him where it wish. He had almost been pushed out to sea before he scrambled ashore and shook the droplets from his pelt. Green eyes had wandered to the small island out to sea, and he knew that today was the day to drag his brothers out there for a picnic and a catch up. He had made a short lap of the harbor, stretching his legs and back out precisely before heading for home.

They greys and browns of the main street in Wolfville greeted him and a welcoming wave and he gave a soft yip back to them. Home was only a few hundred yards away, so he slowed and caught his breath. He was getting better at his morning routine, his muscles getting stronger. He still needed more meat on him, he was still skinny from his time as a loner. But he was getting better, he was recuperating. Green eyes danced merrily as he approached the house he shared with his family, the neatly bordered path leading to the front door and the quaint little white gate. He opened the door to the house easily, jumping and scratching the worn doorknob until it clicked free. Gideon's bedroom was closest, and Ascher's was up the stairs. With a grin on his face, Saul filled his lungs with air and let it loose with a booming shout.

"GIDEON! ASCHER!"

A simple summon that would certainly get his darker brother out of his room to the side of him. If Ascher was in, he would certainly have heard it. Saul wondered briefly where Conor and Bris were- his Aunt had been acting a little off recently and he wondered why. Pushing these thoughts from his head, Saul made up mind that today was the day that the Stormbringer boys discovered their optime forms. Today was a day of happenins.

word count;; 524

[/html]
[html]

He had been up and about all morning, but now the day was slowing down a bit. Gideon's day always started very early with the pups rising before the sun was even up in the sky some days. He didn't mind it too much, and normally went to bed around the same time every night. As soon as the pups were sleeping at night he could do a few things for himself for an hour or two..but then he always ended up feeling sleepy and laying down with them. They were sleepy-magnets to him. As soon as he laid down with them, he always fell right to sleep.

This morning was no different. They were just laying down for a nap and the Stormbringer male felt himself falling into a light sleep as he lay curled up on the bed beside Melee and Range. They were getting bigger with each day, it seemed, and he spent as much time with them as he could. Soon enough, they would be off exploring the world for themselves. He was very, very scared for the day when that would come.

A loud noise woke him from his sleep and he opened up the door quickly, closing it behind him so that the pups wouldn't hear the racket. "Hmm?" He asked as he stepped out into the hall, going for the living room. "Saul...was that you?" He asked sleepily, yawning and blinking a bit to clear his head.

<style>
.gideon-thuper .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gideon-thuper p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gideon-thuper b {color:#EFEFEF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.gideon-thuper-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC:535 words

IC:

Mornings were supposed to be a great time of day. The sun rises and tells you that it's time to get up. If you listen, then all the little animals are outside doing the same thing you are doing, and you can terrify them all by just getting close to them. If you don't listen to the sun and stay in your warm sleeping spot, then you get the great feeling of falling asleep again. Ascher somehow mixed these two up and ended up with a morning that resembled neither of his preferred realities. So, how did I end up outside? was the first question Ascher had to come to grips with. He remembered going to sleep last night in his room, and not having anything eventful wake him up, or even a temperature change to let the young wolf know that he just might be sleeping outside.

All Ascher knew was that he had gone to bed inside, but woke up outside. On a tree branch.

For the life of him, the young Stormbringer could not remember how to climb up a tree, let alone down one. Oddly enough, life was quite odd when viewed from above, and a lot farther away. What was more were the birds and bugs that seemed to hang around at this height, as well. Granted, there were only a couple at this time of year, but the sun had gotten some creatures to wake the heavily sleeping wolf with their morning noises. That had resulted in a near fall down to the very far away ground, but thankfully bark on trees made for a great grip. Now it was just a matter of finding out how to get off of a tree. Scary thought.

To put a time crunch on this, Ascher's pondering was interrupted. But wait... "Saul? SAUL! I-I'll be right there!" When brothers call, brothers answer. But answering and being present were two separate things. Ascher whimpered just a small amount, barely a whisper really, but he started to try climbing down the trunk of his still mysterious sleeping home from last night. A paw at the edge of the branch, a paw on the trunk itself... no, no, no. That won't do. Ascher turned around and repeated his previous method, thinking it was completely different now. Unfortunately he slipped off of his trusty, traction-filled branch and scraped against the trunk for purchase before.

Thud. "Ow." The stormbringer youth winced his way up to a standing position and started ambling towards his brother's location, which was just a few dozen yards away. How did I sleep outside, right in the front yard, and no one even heard me? Ascher had no idea how he had managed his sleep climbing stunt, but its importance faded as his rump told him it was stupid to get off a tree backwards.

The door to the house was open, which meant Saul was probably in there right now. "Now I get to go inside, why couldn't I have just stayed there? Ascher muttered under his breath as he padded inside and did his best to not feel any pain on his backside. "Morning, Saul. What's up... er, what's going on?"

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.saulsnow {width:400px;border:1px solid #3645d8;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ulsnow.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:282px;background-color:#89adef;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#3645d8;}
</style>

ooc;; <3

The ringing silence of his call made him laugh softly to himself. His shout had been loud enough to wake the whole of Dahlia, he was sure. Mia would probably come bounding down the stairs to investigate and shortly, the cinnamon-gold form of their leader would lean down over the balcony and ask them what was going on. He hadn't seen his Aunt Bris in a while, but the brief glances he had gotten of the white Stormbringer had been of troubled gazes and creased eyebrows. Something was obviously wrong with his aunt, and shortly Saul would find out what. Maybe he could even help her, although he doubted his small experiance of the world would be able to help her in any way. And besides, what made the young male certain that his own aunt would open up and reveal her troubles to him. The scenario was hard to imagine in his mind, but Saul would make sure his aunt was okay. The soft opening of a door alerted him to his brother creeping out of the room. The pups must have been asleep. Ears flickered down in apology as his brothers sleepy voice asked him if it was he who had called.

"I'm so sorry if I woke the pups up Gideon. I figured it was late morning and they would be awake! But yes, I called you. I have a little plan for today!"

He announced with a flourishing smile. He hoped his dark brother would perk up and be cheerful, although Saul had no idea exactly what it was like to care for small pups. His brother seemed really tired, or at least coming out of sleep. Green eyes looked to the stairs, hoping shortly to hear the thundering patter of Ascher as he came down the stairs. He couldnt hear it, and he started to wonder exactly where their youngest sibling was hiding. He hadnt seen a lot of Ascher since their reunion in Flanders Field, but he knew that his brother was okay. There had been no word, but that must mean he was out exploring and enjoying himself just as much as Saul was doing himself. Stretching himself about and hopping softly from paw to paw, Saul tried to keep his muscles warm so there would be less strain on them when they made the journey to Ovyand Island. The soft creaking of the door caught his attention and Saul stuck his head round the door of the living room to find out who was entering.

To his surprise, Ascher hobbled into the house. Saul figured he was the only one of the three boys who was always out of the house before the sun broke the night. Those early moments were the best part of the day, just dark enough to hide his slinking form, but light enough so he could see. Whenever he returned home, he almost always heard Gideon and the pups up and about, but rarely out of their confinement in his room. Ascher was mostly quiet in the mornings, but he heard him rise most days. It was strange that his youngest brother had come from outside, instead of thumping down the stairs as expected. A puzzle look washed over Saul's face at the obvious stiffness at which his brother held himself. He wouldnt ask, but Ascher was free to mention the reasons. It was then that his brothers shout from outside caught up with him- Ascher had called ahead to tell them he was coming. Perhaps he hadn't processed the noise until after his brother had arrived, although the young male was unsure why. He spoke again and Saul gave him a grin.

"I think its high time we all learnt to shift. And I promised Gideon we would do it together! What do you say Asch? Fancy getting some thumbs?"

He asked with the curling grin on his lips that was becoming second nature to him. Leading his brother back into the living room where he had briefly left Gideon, green eyes looked encouraginly towards the dark boy. They were going to do this together, then set off for the island to catch up and bond. It would be a nice day- considering the sun was out for perhaps the last time and they were all together again. The only figure missing was Shiloh, and for that Saul was hit with a pang of guilt. They would find her one day soon, and their litter would be complete again.

word count;; 753

[/html]
[html]

He could remember that conversation with Saul well; it had been on the day that the siblings had raced down to the beach. Gideon had been the loser, but he didn't mind it too much. He felt that his brother appreciated to win more than he minded losing, so it was alright. Maybe they would do something someday that Gideon would be better at, like fishing. Ohhh...would he win at fishing! He knew all the good places and about what types of bait to use.

"They're just taking a nap. They're usually tired around this time...depends if they get up before the sun or not" He padded after Saul as his brother went toward Ascher, standing at his side. "I dunno if I'll be able to, but I think it's a good idea to at least try. I could do a lot more around here if I could shift like Aunt Bris and Nayru.." He said.

<style>
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.gideon-thuper-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: Word Count: 329

IC:

It was good to see Gideon. Ascher had had precious little interaction with his brother since he had return to Dahlia de Mai. Granted, having puppies of his own to take care of made it seem like Gideon was just that much of an older brother to him. Still, it was great to see his brother doing well and enjoying his life - it made Ascher's life just a bit brighter to know his family was succeeding. That eased the sting of Shiloh just enough to not worry about her right now.

And Saul was positively electric in his exuberance to shift. His whole body looked as if it were quivering, but Ascher was not sure if he was that excited to try out this growing up ritual. And it seemed like Saul had at least noticed Ascher dumping himself out of his unexpected sleeping spot; perhaps he had even witnessed it and just was remaining silent on the matter. Ascher desperately hoped there would not be any teasing if he had been seen. That would be unbearable. Maybe just telling his brothers what had happened would be a good thing, though; sympathy or an explanation of how he got up that tree would be great. That was more important than teasing, actually...

"Sorry I'm late, I woke up in a tree and I don't know how I got there. I hope my shouting didn't wake them up, either, Giddie; I really don't want to make them fussy. But yes! Shifting today would be awesome, especially if we can all do it at the same time. I don't really know how to do it, but if you think it's easy enough, Saul, then I'm with you for it. Especially if Giddie's here, too. Anything's better than falling out of a tree 'cause I can't reach the branches..."

Ascher stopped rambling and looked sheepishly at his brothers, hoping that he didn't look like a complete klutz in front of them.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc;; Saul will prolly shift in the next post! James, Gideon better shift! haha

Saul could feel the excitement bubbling within him and he took a second to analyse this fact. He rarely got excited about much, and never to this extent. He wondered why he was so excited about this, considering the fact that he hadnt given it much thought until Gideon had admitted he was scared about it. Maybe it was the fact that all his brothers were here again and they had all made it to Dahlia unscathed. Maybe it was the fact that he had planned on a small daytrip to Ovyind Island for a picnic after they had all shifted. He didnt know what it was that was making him so excited, but it was building, ever so softly. Cinnamon-back ears flickered upwards as Gideon explained about the puppies. It never ceased to amaze him that his brother knew so much about what he was doing. He seemed confident in his care of his children, and Saul was proud of his brother for that.

"That's a relief! It would have been aweful if I'd woken them. It seems they go to sleep just as I come back from my morning run!"

He announced jovially, the grin stretched wide on his face. If his brother's didnt know him better, they might have assumed he had taken something, some drug or other substance that was making him so hyper. He was usually very calm and rational about things, but the high of this meeting was too good to sit out. His tail, almost full grown now, swung back and forward. It looked odd, the tawny pattern that emcompased the rest of his body almost all of the way down his tail, The tip, about two inches deep, still had no fur on it and remained the whip-like structure it had always been for so long. Soon it would have its fur soon and he would look like a grown up wolf. Gideon was talking once more and Saul's muzzle wrinkled as his brother put himself down. He shook his head and bumped his brother with his shoulder, a smile on his face once more.

"Don't worry so much Giddy! Ascher and I are here as well. You should believe that you can shift, and then you will! On another note, I met Nayru a few weeks ago. She was nice to me!"

He announced with a flourish of a smile taking over his lips. He was practically bouncing off the walls with excitment, which was seriously out of character for him. But he cared not for what his brothers thought of him, he was just so happy they were here and alive. Cinnamon ears twitched as Ascher's small voice escaped into the air. His babblings didn't make a lot of sense and Saul had to listen to work out what exactly it was he was saying. He had woken in a tree, somethine about making Melee and Range fussy, and then an agreement on shifting. Saul allowed a burst of laughter, although certainly not a cruel one, to escape him. He touched his nose to his youngest brother's own, wet black nose against wet black nose for a moment before commenting.

"What on earth were you doing in a tree Asch? Nevermind, we'll figure that out later! Okay, so I have no idea how this works, but I would assume that if you thought hard enough about shifting, you would, right? So, imagine yourself growing taller and... stuff!"

He announced with a chuckle. He backed away from his brothers then, giving both them and himself some space to work with. A deep breath was taken, before his brain began to visualise shifting.

word count;; 611

[/html]
[html]

The most important thing that he could think of doing after they learned how to shift was fish. He had tried to use a net for fishing, but it was really hard to drag it using his teeth. If he had hands, he could more easily maneuver the net and he could catch the maximum number of fish. The pups were eating more and more meat, and fish was good for them and very easy for him to catch.

He shook his head; his brothers hadn’t disturbed the pups one bit. And he would be glad to see them even if they had woken the children up. It wasn’t often that he got both of them in one place, and he especially hadn’t seen Ascher too much since his return to Dahlia. Gideon was very proud that his siblings had come back, as he had been unsure of his own decision to stay in Dahlia and not go with Dreyrugr. This was where their family was, now, and it would continue to grow and expand in Dahlia.

Saul mentioned meeting Nayru and his heartbeat quickened for a moment. Nayru was one of his closest friends, and often watched Melee and Saul for him if he needed a small break from them. His tail wagged; he liked that Saul had said that she was nice. She was a very nice wolf. ”She’s been my friend since we were both really little...I’m glad you liked talking to her! She is really nice.” He agreed.

He then looked to Ascher as the brown wolf spoke. Gideon was curious to as why Ascher had been up in a tree too, but Saul asked before he could. He laughed at the thought, shaking his head. How the heck could a wolf in their form climb a tree? Must have been pretty difficult at the time.

Their talk turned more serious and he listened to Saul carefully. He didn’t know much about this at all…and would rely on his brother’s example. He closed his eyes, trying to concentrate as well. He needed to clear his mind. Thoughts of Nayru kept creeping in and distracting him, and he frowned and attempted to clear it again. What would it be like to be taller? He’d probably be very, very tall. But no, nothing yet. He opened his eyes to find himself exactly the same as he had been before trying.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:Sorry about being tardy! Ascher will likely shift last, out of apprehension. Word Count: 425

IC:

Heart beating quickly, Ascher wondered how everything would transpire. The whole process of shifting seemed ritualistic and solemn, even though all the three of them were doing was concentrating. Ascher knew he had not yet tried to shift, but something felt completely natural in all of this. As if becoming a tall, two-legged wolf were as normal as the conversation that had sparked the brothers' joint effort. Ascher's mind wandered a bit there, imagining his brothers waking up in the morning, padding outside to stretch and smell the morning while trading morning pleasantries like "good morning, Asch, did you sleep well?" and "What a beautiful day." Then while talking so candidly, their bodies would just start lengthening and changing, as if nothing were out of place.

How in the world could that be natural? With a suddenly pounding heart, Ascher silently went through his crisis. He wanted to be brave like Saul, and confident like Gideon, but here he was having second thoughts of entering into adulthood. He thought he saw Saul's fur growing just a little bit longer already, and though Ascher knew it took longer than an instant to shift, he started seeing his brothers growing and looking resplendent in their larger bodies. He really wanted to be like them, and make them proud to be his family, so he would have to try to be bold like they were. It was still comforting to see Gideon open and close his eyes as if he were also having trouble - at least the both of them were not leaving their little brother behind. But that kind of thinking was mean, and Ascher never wanted to be mean to his family.

So the youngest Stormbringer reached out his muzzle to Gideon and touched his cheek. Ashcer's eyes smiled because he knew that his brother would not have trouble if he and Saul believed in him - and Saul certainly was not having any trouble in believing in his shifting with his excitement. "We've got this, right Giddie? This won't be hard, at all, and you'll look really cool afterward. I'm sure Nayru will think you're an awesome adult once you walk up to her, huh?" That was how Ascher felt he would look and act after shifting, no matter how odd it was to make it happen. But hopefully Gideon would be as excited as Saul now, and they would all shift in style.

Ascher made a small fuss of looking like he was concentrating harder, which he was. He hoped for the best.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc;; -cracks knuckles-

Saul seemed to be having the same problem as Gideon, although the tawny brother did not know this. His mind was racing away from him, it seemed to be skittering away from the task at hand. He thought about what he would do after he shifted, tracking down a basket and filling it with goodies from both the kitchen and the bushes and trees that surronded the manor in which they lived. He thought to Oyvind Island where they would swim to and the games they would play upon the small outcrop of land. He had seen the island a few weeks ago when he and Gideon had been confronted by a bear on the beach. He'd wanted to bring his brothers there for a day of fun and laughter, but they all needed to know how to shift first. It was part of their birthright, part of who they are. Gideon's words distracted his mind further as he reinforced Saul's comment about Nayru. A smile etched his lips at the change in tone of his younger brother. There was definately something there to dig around about.

Perhaps Gideon liked the young spotted female. Saul remembered little about what she actually looked like- the defining feature of her that day was the fact that she'd given him food. He'd been starving, like he usually always was, and she had given him two whole hares. He'd barely been able to finish them, but he managed to swallow down all of the rabbits. He'd lain the bones out in perfect order in front of him. When he'd returned from his morning run, he had buried the bones outside the Victorian Manor he'd exited that morning, consequently where he lived. But from this, he had deduced just how nice Nayru was. She hadn't gained anything from giving him food, and yet she'd done so anyway. And she'd given him a means of seeing her again- she lived in a greenhouse over that way... whichever way that way was.

Frustration bit him hard as Saul realised he'd let his mind run away from him again. He gathered up all his wayward thoughts and locked them into a cage in his mind. He wanted so desperately to shift that he became a little annoyed at himself. Instead, the young male began to talk himself through what would happen. He would have the shiverings that felt like he was shaking all the way out of his skin. His fur would grow, his legs following behind. His secui form would come first, larger and scarier than his lupus. He would pause in his secui form and gaze down at himself before closing his eyes and growing taller, back legs shortening for a moment to give the semblence of a foot before they lengthened. His front paws would grow also, gaining an elbow joint. His spine would lengthen and he would be forced to stand upright to keep from falling over. Small amounts of hair would form on his head and he would stretch to his full height and marvel at what he saw.

Excitement raced through the male as he felt the telltale shivers running up his spine. He didnt dare open his eyes now for he feared losing the shifting feeling. He didnt feel his fur growing longer or darker, but he felt the strangest sensation of growing larger, his shoulders and chest expanding and growing. He didn't feel most of this change because it was closer to his own lupus form. With an exicted catch in his breath, Saul popped an eye open. He was further off the floor than he had been, his secui form a little larger than his normal state. His fur had grown darker, the cream that dominated almost all of his lower body had stained a honey brown and the black in his coat had become slightly more dominant. He snapped his eyes closed again, feeling once more the tingle's and shivers run down his spine. This was it. No sooner had he thought about what he would look like in his optime form, his fur began to receed once more, lightening so that it much resembled his lupus fur. He felt his back legs getting shorter before they shot up. At the same time his front paws grew longer, gaining an elbow joint. His paws remained much the same, aside from the thumb that formed quickly on both pands. His claws receeded inside, although Saul could feel them just below the surface, ready to come out. His spine stretched and his shoulders became more defined on his back. Finally, he felt the gentle dustings of hair on his head before he opened his eyes.

The first thing he saw, having been looking down, was the stark whiteness of his underside. He had never really seen his belly properly and the sheer blanket of snow that covered his belly and chest made him chuckle. He wasn't massively high as he thought he would be. Right now, he was probably the same height as a teenaged human and he didnt know how much larger his optime form would get. Amazement formed in emerald green eyes as he lifted his right arm. It was white like his underside, but a few dustings of brown created a ring around each wrist. His face remained masked, the tawny black and grey specklings of his back just spilling over onto his forehead. The lighter brown stripe on his nose remained although perhaps just a little lighter. His ears were still cinnamon-backed although most of this was covered by a brunette mop of hair. It was unruly but a natural instinct told Saul to flick his head and the mop swept to the left, sitting naturally against his head. His back was decorated with the same browns, blacks and grey's that he had had before. A grin spread across his muzzle as he glanced down at his brothers. They weren't that far below him, their ears probably grazing him at the hips.

"Check me out boys! RAWR!"

He chuckled, flexing his arms above his head. He was still thin, there was no denying that you could see his ribs through the snowy white blanket. But muscles adorned his abdomen and arms, fledgling but developing. When he put more meat on him and grew up a little, he would be magnificent in his optime form. Stretching his back once more, Saul watched eagerly as he brothers attempted the same feat. Gideon shouldnt be so scared now- Saul was fine!

word count;; 1,092

[/html]
[html]

He didn't know what it would be like to have two legs. He was definitely afraid of the change, afraid that he wouldn't be the same wolf any more or that it would affect him in some other way...but his brothers gave him a little bit of courage. Even Ascher was encouraging him and trying to make him feel better. His sibling's words made him feel a lot better. "I bet she'll like it--I'll be like her. At least..I hope she would like me like that.." Hopefully she wouldn't think he was any different. Gideon was already quite a bit larger than Nayru.

As soon as he had calmed down, he began to focus on her. Gideon imagined what Nayru looked like, how long her arms were and legs. He imagined what he might look like beside her, walking, what it might be like to give her a hug. He would be a different height than her, definitely. And as he thought of these things, the changes began.

He was completely amazed when he opened his eyes. He was much higher than before! At least, it seemed that way. He felt clumsy, unused to the long arms and legs. Balancing on two feet was ridiculously difficult; he swayed back and forth before falling back on his rump, dizzy. "I...wow, It's so different! I'll have to relearn walking..."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC:Did not mean to gum up the posts - when a pine tower-(changed-word, ha!) falls on a small part of your house, it does make a sound, and a mess. No worries, just a hiccup day. Word count: 630

IC:

It was frustratingly difficult to focus on changing one's entire physical makeup. Ascher felt his mind attempting to distract itself even while he actively tried to visualize elongating his muzzle, or increasing the muscles on his body to allow himself the birthright of shifting. Distantly, the Stormbringer thought he heard bones snapping and changing on his brothers as they began to take their alternate forms. Oddly enough, Ascher had never noticed those sounds before, and he certainly did not feel it on himself as he brought to mind an image of his paws and legs growing larger. Nonetheless, the sensation of being out of his own body became a prominent one in the pup's mind.

The thought of having two legs actually bothered Ascher. He had been forced to learn - and quickly - how to walk in a four legged manner, which was fine and natural. It was amazing to run and play with all four of his limbs, and now he was trying to make his two lower limbs become very different from his upper appendages. It just did not seem fair to have to learn again how to walk around without his forepaws. Being taller was definitely going to be a new experience, but hopefully everything would be alright.

Keeping his eyes closed, Ascher flexed his tightening muscles as his body received a surge of adrenaline and he felt ... odd things going on in and around himself. A sense of vertigo never came over the youngster, which assuaged his feelings of being too tall for his own good. But he knew that he had at least started his shift - the sun from the open door felt very different on his face than it had before. Wherever he was in his transformation, Ascher felt a great anxiety coming over him as he realized that he would be very different after all this, and he was not certain that he was ready. He tried stepping from paw to paw in order to relieve some tension but - paw to paw? Why was he not on all fours still? Had he already finished growing up? The bewildered wolf opened his eyes and felt a small amount of that vertigo he had been wanting to avoid. The floor was not quite as far away as he feared, but as it seemed so sudden, Ascher's balance on his two legs seemed so tenuous and wobbly.

Looking around, Ascher took in his brother's changed forms with a sense of awe. "Wow, you guys look awesome. You should really see your reflections; it's something else, really." While before they had been strong and everything he knew a Stormbringer male would be, standing so resplendently as they were was another matter entirely. Saul seemed to be a white wolf with a cream cape draping his back, while Gideon held a shadowy cloak all around him. They looked every bit the part of the brothers Ascher had imagined in his head, which felt quite a bit different now that it was supported entirely vertically on shoulders, rather than angled forward. Ascher flexed his clawed hands - Hands! - and mused aloud, "It would have been easier to get off of that branch like this, I think."

All in all, the anxiety of shifting had subsided, and it felt natural, and right. While Ascher would still always think of himself like a four-legged wolf, this new form had a lot going for it - maybe the Stormbringer would start making things with his newly created hands and everyone would like him for that. The gurgle of a stomach further down than where the wolf remembered it derailed that train of thought for the time being. "Saul, you said that you wanted to go eat where, again?"

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc;; -cracks knuckles-

Saul couldnt quite believe that he had actually made the change. He had no idea how to get back into his lupus form, but he figured it would be much the same as getting up here- concentrate on the cnages that would be made and in that time it would happen. He could see in his minds eyes Bris and Conor shifting so quickly from their four legged form to their two legged. Maybe it was practise that made it so fast, Saul was sure that he would get better at getting up to this level. Green eyes shimmered softly as he looked at his hands, his thumbs that could detach from the rest of his hand. He wiggled both thumbs, giving a giggle when they complied to what he wished them to do. He wasnt used to this and when he tried to take a step forward he stumble. Catching himself on the wall, Saul corrected his stumble before either brother opened their eyes to see him.

Gideon's concentration face was funny and Saul tried not to laugh as his brother fought hard to keep the train of concentration. However, as Saul gazed over at his beloved brother, there was a change about the dark male's expression. All at once he seemed to be at peace with his thoughts and Saul wondered briefly whether he was thinking of Nayru. It was then that the transformation happened. Gideon grew bigger, his fur getting longer and maybe a tad darker than it had been. Unlike himself, Gideon did not stop to look at his secui form and continued to grow, his legs getting longer until he was forced to stand upright to remain standing. Gideon was taller than himself although not by much and it was probably just the fact that he had a larger head and bigger ears, the little freak. He then remembered Gideon's previous comment about Nayru and he chuckled softly as he thought that he was probably correct in thinking that Gideon had thought about Nayru when he shifted.

"I'm sure she'll love you like this Giddy!"

He reassured genuinely but in a teasing manner so his brother could shrug it off if he found the comment embarrassing. His attention was then caught by Ascher and he gave a soft grin as his youngest brother took on the same transformation as Gideon had just moments before. His face changed without him realising, more serious and older than Saul had ever seen Ascher in his life. For a moment, a vice-like grip clenched his heart at the thought of his siblings getting older and having more worries and responsibilities before his smaller brother began to get bigger. He too did not stop at his secui form as Saul had done and continued on till he was standing upright. They all had the self-same look of shock, amusement and curiosity raked across their faces and Saul couldnt help the booming laugh that escaped him. Ascher's muttered comment about getting down from the tower made him laugh harder and for a moment tears welled in his eyes.

"Well I dont know about you, but I look very handsome!"

He commented with a cheeky grin. With his hands across his stomach he sauntered a few steps in a sexy pose before chuckling once more. It was then that Ascher decided to pipe up about his actual plans for today. The picnic! In all the excitement Saul had nearly forgotten that they were going to go to the beach today. With a nod to his brother, Saul walked into the kitchen and grabbed a wicker basket. He began to fill it with anything and everything he could find in the kitchen, bread, meat, drinks, fruit, cakes and anything else that might had connected with his hand and was placed in the basket. Although his brother knew what they were doing and what was in the basket, Saul caught a cloth and tucked it over the food, protecting it and keeping it safe from any harm that may come to it. Walking back out to his brothers and carrying the basket on his right arm, he gestured to the door with his left.

"After you Gideon... to the beach!"

He declared, his mind full of the hilarious image of the two of them running away from the bear. That had been a good day, aside from the fact that Saul very nearly collapsed with exhaustion. Wiping that away, Saul waited for his younger brothers to exit the building before following them, closing the front door with a soft click behind him so as not to wake the pups.

word count;; 775

[/html]
[html]

He was very interested in seeing how his brothers looked now that they were shifted. Gideon wondered how different he looked; he was glad to see that he was taller than Saul, at least. He would likely grow to be even a few inches taller than this. He was glad to hear that Saul thought that Nayru would like him like this; he was a little bit unsure about how he looked. He was also glad that they'd done this as a group and that each one had been able to...he'd worried about this so much over the last few weeks.

"Thanks, Ascher. You don't look too bad yourself, bro!" Gideon smiled at the encouragement. He was pretty hungry, himself, and looked with interest at his siblings. He started out the door and for the beach as soon as Saul was ready, stumbling a bit as he went down the stairs. Walking really was difficult in this form...he was glad Nayru wasn't around to see him now, at least. He'd have to see her later or something.

<style>
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: randomness! word count: 460

IC:

Ascher was spellbound as he looked down at himself. Sure, seeing Gideon and Saul growing and changing had been very natural and right, but to see himself as more than just a puppy now was more difficult to wrap his head around. Having fingers instead of paws continuously fascinated the young Stormbringer. He started exploring the possibilities as soon as his fist unclenched. He reached out to the house's wall and ran his nails and his palm across it; the sensitivity of his hands was greater than when he was merely a wolf. That would come in handy, although Ascher could not determine how he could use his new hands outside of grabbing objects and holding things. All new features aside, Ascher felt rather comfortable in this new aspect of himself.

Until he took a couple steps in succession and managed to trip himself out of the house. It was one way to exit a building, Ascher supposed, but in the future he would like to do it without causing lots of noise and bodily harm to himself. He did have to admit propping himself up on his arms and flexing new muscles was a unique feeling however, and for the first time in his life, he felt strong doing physical tasks. Even if it was recovering from a blunder he caused. "I'm not sure if I'll make it with you guys all the way to the lake. This walking on two legs thing is still really weird," Ascher joked at his brothers after Saul had shut the door. It was getting easier to stay balanced, but there was the occasional sway as Ascher became momentarily uncertain in his movements. He hoped that his brothers were having at least some of the same complications as he was, because then at least this whole shifting bit would be more equal.

And it seemed like Gideon was in the same boat as Ascher, but Saul was practically prancing like a deer with his collection of food hanging from an arm and his body brimming with energy. He really was an excited wolf right now, and it was rather infectious. Ascher steeled himself and tried his luck at running, which strangely did not end up with his face in the grass or the dirt of the road. He was ahead of his brothers and marveled at how fluid running was, even on two legs. A smirk ran up his lips and Ascher took a running start and leaped at his oldest brother and yelled "Catch, Giddie!" The young wolf had no idea why he was doing this, but Saul's electric energy would be a fitting excuse if he plowed Gideon onto the ground and everyone ended up in a heap because of it.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc;; <3

Saul hadnt noticed Ascher fly through the door until after he had clicked the door shut and turned around. Finding his baby brother on the floor in a heap was almost too much for the over excited Stormbringer and he let out a bellowing laugh. There really was nothing funnier than seeing a brother on the floor and Ascher seemed to have provided them with the entertainment for this afternoon. Saul reached down and offered his brother a helping hand before watching him take a leaping bound and into a run. He was pleased to see that both his brother's were getting better at this walking business. Perhaps it was because Saul had been the first to shfit that he was okay with walking on two legs. He'd wobbled back in the house when he'd went for the food but other than that he seemed perfectly happy on this bi-pedal post. A grin broke out on his face and it appeared his excited manner was infectious to the brood of teenagers.

"We still have to make it to the beach guys! Hey Giddy... Lets hope that bear is hibernating!"

He called ahead with a fondness in his voice that he had heard in his own brothers voice when he spoke about his adopted children. However, Ascher decided to come out of his shell at this point and he turned and ran towards Gideon. Green eyes watched in astonishment as his usually timid and shy brother launched himself at their darker sibling. Saul didnt even want to know what was happening and closed his eyes in an attempt to block it out. It was no use however as a leg, from whichever brother was closest, knocked into Saul's own and he wobbled. With his arms windmilling backwards Saul tried to keep ahold of the picnic and stay upright. It was no use. He could feel himself falling, the basket his the ground with a soft thud and he hit the floor in much a similar manner. The wind knocked from his chest Saul lay there for a moment before his usual brotherly instincts took over.

"You're in trouble now, Asch!"

Saul exclaimed, regaining his momentum and launching himself at the chocolate and cream male. He got on top of Ascher, unsure as to where Gideon actually was at this point and snapped playfully at his chest and shoulders. Play fighting was a lot different in optime form and Saul wondered if he had scared his little brother. He hoped the youngest male would read the laughter and smiles on Saul's face and know they were only playing. When he had successfully pinned Ascher to the floor, Saul placed a large and sloppy kiss on his brothers face before chuckling to himself and standing up. Once again he packed the food into the picnic basket, wiping away a few splatters of dirt that had gotten onto on of the apples before be trotted forward, basket swinging from his arm.

"Come along now dears! Wrestling in the mud is not becoming of young gentlemen!"

Saul taunted, voice mimicking their Aunt Bris' in an uncanny likeness. He chuckle and strutted forward, away from the house and down the main street of Wolfville. They would be at the beach soon and then the tricky part began- actually getting to the island he wished to dine on.

word count;; 561

[/html]
[html]

Be careful that you're not powerplaying, Honey, with Saul being on top of Ascher and pinning him, licking him, etc. :]

His brothers were wrestling in front of him, which gave Gideon the chance to back off and begin to run toward the beach again. He'd beat them there! The dark male's legs pumped, arms moving back and forth as he ran toward the area. He kept his head up, eyes focused on the sand off in the distance.

He didn't even notice the roots that lay across his path, and it took only one of them to trip the male up. He did a somersault and landed on his back, having the wind blown out of him as well. So much for getting there first!

<style>
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: It's all good - there has been discussion on the powerplay and it worked out for the best :-> Word Count: 382

IC:

The tumble that Ascher wondered about abruptly snatched all of the young Stormbringers up in a flurry of trips and falls. It could not be said that it was not fun, but Ascher hoped he had not startled anyone overmuch. He heard Saul chide him - the basket of food must have been knocked around a goodly amount. But Ascher heard a great deal of laughter surrounding him as his brothers untangled themselves from his odd leap. Ascher rolled just a small amount, getting himself off of Gideon before he might actually harm him - that was not what playing was about, after all. But just as soon as Ascher was clear of his eldest brother, Saul clambered on top of him and snapped his jaws at Ascher's face. In any other circumstance, the young wolf would likely have been more concerned, but today was too vivacious to be worried about anything. So Ascher cocked his head to one side and licked his brother's muzzle in a playful manner before receiving one in return.

Getting up kept getting easier as the shifted wolf learned well the differences between arms and legs. Ascher wiped his hands on his chest to get dirt off of them before helping Saul collect the scattered food. While picking up the last of the fruits, it occurred to Ascher that he could learn to juggle and throw some of these, but he resisted the urge to toss everything into the air. One uncharacteristic thing at a time would suffice for now, or so the adolescent wolf said to himself. Upon hearing Saul's last remark, however, Ascher had to retort back "Since when had you planned on becoming a gentleman, Saul? I thought you would be too rough-and-tumble to be a poised adult." Ascher softened his statement with a rub on his brother's shoulder, in case his sarcasm could be misunderstood.

"Gideon? Where'd you go- oh," were the next words out of Ascher's mouth, considering the situation. Seeing his brother yet again sprawled out on the path towards the beach. "You do know that I tackled you back here, right? I had no idea you could get all the way over there so quickly," the young Stormbringer chuckled. He jogged over to his brother and held out his hand.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc;; <3

Saul hadn't at first noticed that Ascher's flying leap at Gideon had failed. Perhaps it was Saul's interception that had meant Gideon had not been knocked down. But as he had gathered up the food with Ascher's help, he noticed his darker brother's lack of limbs on the floor. Green eyes glanced around to try and locate the young male and a smile came to his lips when he saw him running a few feet away. He probably wouldnt get too far considering the fact that he was shaky on his legs. But his brother was almost to the beach when a tree branch caught his leg and he went flying. Saul let out a booming laugh, hand slapping his leg softly in hysterics. Gideon had thought he would beat them to the beach and he had ended up on the floor. Ascher's words made him turn and look at his youngest brother, a cheeky smile on his face.

"Since now! Have you got a problem with that, Aschy baby?"

He taunted, that same grin on his face that had been there throughout this whole meeting. Saul was so glad to have his brothers here with him, to have them all together that the grin had not let his face. He only wished Shiloh was there to chide them for kicking dirt her way, or holding them all up while she walked in front, because Lady's always went first. It was a little bittersweet to be here with his brothers when they was one Stormbringer missing. But she would be missing if they were sat at home, apart so it didnt matter that they were here together. Ascher spoke once more and Saul chuckled softly to himself. He was really enjoying himself right now.

"There's the beach, boys! Perhaps if we stop playing in the firt we'll be able to eat something soon!"

He chided once again, but flashing his brothers both a wide toothed grin. Toes sunk into the sand and he laughed at the cool grains running over his toes. He walked towards the sea, gaining his balance as he worked his way down the shore. A small trickle of fear washed over him as he thought about swimming in the sea, but he knew he was a strong swimmer so it wouldnt be too bad. And besides, the island was only a little way out to sea. The waves crashed over his toes and Saul pushed the basket up onto his head so he could swim properly. Glancing back at his brothers, he smiled more softly this time.

"Nobody get lost or drowned, okay?"

He said before walking into the sea. The current wasn't too strong today and he began to swim with ease. It took about ten minutes for the timber male to reach the bank of the island. The basket had almost slipped from his head twice and he was glad to pull himself ashore and shake the water from his coat. Looking back to his brother, he watched them cross with an excited smile on his face.

word count;; 513

[/html]
[html]

KK Big Grin

He managed to pick himself up from the ground with Ascher's help and get going again, following his siblings down to the beach. The sand presented an all new complication as his feet sank deeply into it at times. He tripped a few more times and fell over, but tried to right himself quickly without his brothers noticing.

Saul was already in the water and Gideon joined him, shivering a bit as he entered it. They would need a fire or something to warm up with after their swim. He wondered if Ascher was going to come into the water too. "I know how to make a fire" he volunteered, slapping the water a bit with his hands and splashing a little toward Saul.

<style>
</style>[/html]