New Heights
[html]

ooc: Thread open to all! :] Feel free to join with any character.
Crappy opening ahoy!

Feet scrambling for purchase, Seyonne scurried up a tree with less than perfect grace. He wasn't used to these trees. The bark was smoother, harder to really dig into without harming the tree in the process. Once he got up to a fork in the tree he leaned out and looked at where he just climbed. Claw marks everywhere, obvious trail for someone who used to climb trees as a spy. He sighed and turned back to the limbs above. Where to go? Up? Out? To the next tree over? He looked to the nearest tree a good five or so feet away. It wasn't far really. He climbed up and out, getting nearer the other tree. With a small wiggle of his butt, he jumped and crashed through a couple smaller twigs to a sturdy branch in the neighboring tree. He landed with some grace, only a single back foot slipping slightly. He watched as several leaves floated down to the ground and joined others already there. Surely he didn't knock all those loose? He shook his head as he answered his own question. No, the season was changing. Soon food would
be come hard to come by, and he still didn't know the lay of this new land.

He stood quietly perched in his tree for a few moments, deep in thought. Perhaps going so far from his old home just before winter was a bad idea. Perhaps he shouldn't have been so eager to put his way of life on the line. Perhaps he should have been more patient and not ruined his risky endeavor. Perhaps, eventually, he could stop living in the past and get on with his life. The past was unchangeable and there was no point in dwelling on it. He knew this, but couldn't help thinking about how things could have gone much, much better. A small bird, he wasn't sure of the species, landed just a few branches away from him. He spoke in its language, a small greeting and wish for company. The bird, surprised to find a fox it could understand, immediately started jabbering away - though always at a safe distance. Another bird perched beside the first and entered the conversation about the duo's favorite worm hunting ground. Seyonne, a small smile on his muzzle, listened and nodded at the appropriate times. He was glad that he had taken the time to learn the lesser language of the birds. They were interesting - a lot more so than other animals most of the time. He thought about how he must seem to others, randomly perched in a tree and talking to birds, and found he could care less. He didn't judge others for whatever they did in their free time, and didn't want others judging him. It didn't mean he would do boring, normal things though.

<style type="text/css">
.seyonne01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#661717; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.seyonne01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.seyonne01 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.seyonne01 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nneban.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74131E; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#433637; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Element sat underneath a tree. He hadn't thought anyone had been in it - he hadn't really been paying attention, in fact - but now he was sure. At least, sure there were birds in the tree - he overheard as he listened to a conversation about worms and how they were easier to pull out of the ground if the ground was moist. He listened for a while, amused - he had always loved birds and was glad he could speak the Low Speech. He finally looked up and was slightly surprised.

A fox. He was looking at the birds intently, and for a second, Element was afraid that he was going to hunt it. But then the fox made chirping sounds, much like Element and the rest of the cat family could do to communicate with birds - he was talking to the birds!

Element stealthily climbed the tree, his claws digging into the bark. He then sat perched at the very base of the tree, his tail hanging off of the ledge. He smiled at the birds and the fox and spoke in the language of the birds; "I've never eaten a worm, but they do seem to come out after it's done raining. Especially if the area's grass is short." He would never hunt a bird, and he wanted these birds - and the fox - to know that they were safe with him. He loved birds very much - they flew free and wonderful, high in the sky, nothing to let them down. He was sad that they were always afraid of him, as they reminded him of the free and very beautiful Flower.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: - 300 OOC: Suckish post, yes. But better than nothin' eh? xD

Aurora decided it was time to get to know these lands, so she headed out for Dans l'Obscurite. Or so it was called. This part of the land reminded her of home, especially from the tree tops. These branches seemed sturdier, to her at least, than some of the limbs and branches at the Cour des Miracles territory. The thought of her new pack made her smile in lupus form. Violet eyes brightening, she remembered all of her encounters with the different pack members so far. Oh, wasn't she pleased, indeed. Encounters reminded her of Kemo, the blind white wolf she ran into in neutral territory.

The wolfess sighed. She wondered if she'd see him again. Thoughts of him filled her mind until she spotted not only a strange looking fox, but also a black cat. I wonder if I can speak with them. If they would be afraid of me. Guess the only way to know is to find out. Hopping down from branch to branch, she landed on the forest floor with grace and stealth. Then the white beauty sat down and decided to observe the two. Males, I believe. Both of them.

Greetings, forest dwellers, she said loud enough for them to hear. I won't hurt you. Aura smiled. What are you two up to, may I ask? This should be interesting to tell her pack when she got back.

<style>
.aurora-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.aurora-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aurora-z91 b {color:#241930; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aurora-z91 {background-color:#D8D9DA; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/aurora.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C3A9DD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#212325; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.aurora-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Seyonne was content. It had been awhile since he had been so. The birds were a nice reminder of simpler times. He was so focused on them, and them on him, that no one noticed another presence until a cat spoke just a few feet away. The two birds seemed startled by yet another natural predator conversing calmly with them, but after a minute or so of flitting around they settled down. This cat that had made such a silent appearance made Seyonne nervous. He was about the same size as the cat, but the perfectly silent approach made him feel vulnerable. He couldn't help a quick glance around - checking the nearby trees and the forest floor below them for signs of other life. Nothing.

He made himself relax. There was no reason for him to mistrust this cat. In fact, the cat seemed to be trying to go out of his way to be nice. Staring into those green eyes as he spoke in the bird's language was still strange though. "Yes. Sometimes the worms will wash right out of the ground and onto the pavement in the towns too." He didn't spend much time in the run down human settlements, but occasionally his curiosity would get the better of him. He investigated each place he happened upon at least once.

Suddenly another newcomer entered the scene. Immediately tense again, each word the newcomer spoke made his ears twitch. The birds had had enough of large animals suddenly appearing and disappeared into the trees. He frowned after them, sad to see them go. Looking back to the white wolf below on the forest floor he erased his frown, though didn't smile back. "Why do you mention we shouldn't be afraid? Why not simply greet?" He wasn't sure what made him slightly bitter towards this female. He could sense no malice in her voice, but her words, when he turned them over his mind, seemed strange. He had never met a Luperci, and so thought her a normal wolf. It was weird to him that she should lump him and the cat together as though she were different somehow. The term she used that seemed probably innocent to her, and maybe the cat, "forest dwellers" sounded abrasive to his ears.

<style type="text/css">
.seyonne01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.seyonne01 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nneban.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74131E; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ack, posted as the wrong account! D:

Element smiled at the fox. He knew he must have disturbed him slightly with his quick and light approach, but that was just his nature; a cat, of course. He curled his tail around his paws - the branch was thick enough for him to sit comfortably that way - and nodded to the fox as he made a remark about how worms wash up on the pavement in the rain. True enough; Element had seen the soft, pink, squiggly things writhing on the concrete in Halifax a great number of times in the past. His thoughts were torn from worms, however, as a newcomer came and greeted them.

Forest dwellers? Element chuckled softly at this new wolf's words. He wasn't a forest dweller; he lived in the library of Halifax. He did, however, hunt in the forest by nature, and he guessed that if Halifax didn't exist, he'd have made his home right here, in the forest. It was cozy enough, and the trees were packed enough - nice enough to give a black cat enough cover to hunt.

The fox's words piqued Element's interest. They weren't exactly lower on the food chain than the wolf - although she could certainly hurt them if she wanted to. Element knew that several months before, he would have flattened his ears at this ivory canine and dashed away, never to be seen by her again. But now, her greeting was redundant, if not polite. But the fox also had a point - they were safely in a tree, not on the ground and vulnerable, and if they were afraid, they could simply run away. Wolves were stronger, but cats and foxes were faster by far. Element decided not to speak, but rather to observe, and chose to stay silent as he switched his emerald hues from the fox to the wolf once more.

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: O.o I feel like I kinda overdid it in the first paragraph! xD So much passion and drama in the sentence. xD LOL Sorry if that's the case. Tongue Big Grin WC - 408

As soon as she appeared in front of them she new she must've made a mistake. The sudden tension in the air displeased her, deffinately not to her liking. Not a single bit. Staying calm, she heard the fox's words without letting defensiveness and ferosity get in the way of her hearing, making sure her mind was not poisoned by the vengeful feeling of sudden anger. The fox's words hurt, to an extent. She only meant to be kind and social. Maybe I should work on my talking skills. Then I would not be mistaken as being cruel or harsh. I don't want my fellow 'souls members to feel as though I'm demeaning or like I think of myself like a self-centered snob does!

Aura stepped back, keeping her eyes on the fox. Her voice was gentler this time and apologetic. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound that way. I only meant "forest dwellers" as those who live in the forest. Like almost all 'souls do. And that includes living in a shelter built by humans who knows how long ago. Aura smiled. She remembered where she used to live in Washington state. Oh, did she miss that old rackidy place! Snapping out of the mini flashback, she focused her attention onto the black cat. And I know that some animals are very frightened of wolves. And luperci. I only meant to try to make conversation. To be social. Violet eyes reflecting her worry, she gulped. I hope I said everything correctly.

This moment reminded her of when she first met her bestest friend, Lillia. Lillia had always had a strong brick wall between herself and those who she did not know and trust. And the two almost got into a fight when they ran into each other. Not just because they were foolish pups at the time who loved to play and test their parent's limits. Mainly because of the exotic and tense that filled the gap between them. Lillia's speech seemed a rather bit too harsh, even for a young pup her age. And Aura's way to talking seemed to confuse Lillia into thinking that Aura wanted to hurt her! Oh, that day sure was something. A grin slowly formed across her face, all worry lost from her being, replaced by fresh warmth from childhood memories and happiness, knowing that she'd have a better and brighter future ahead of her. Waiting just beyond the horizon.

She THINKS

She WALKS She TALKS

<style>
.sunflow-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.sunflow-a01 p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.sunflow-a01 b {color:#E0B302; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #DFD068;}
.sunflow-a01 {background-color:#FAFFBD; background-image:url(http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5861/avatarar.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; border:1px solid #9A7B01; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#E0B302; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:14px; width:340px; text-align:justify; }
.sunflow-a01-border {width:342px; border:1px solid #fff; margin:0 auto; }
.sunflow-a01 .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px solid #DFD068; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Naw, passion is great. :]

Seyonne felt like a jerk now. Obviously he was in the wrong here. His fellow tree dweller, the cat, said nothing in response to the wolf's sudden appearance or to his own rudeness. Perhaps the cat felt he should let them work it out, or maybe he was amused. Either way, Seyonne knew he needed to smooth over his mistake. How to do it though? As he thought through what to say the she wolf got a far off look in her eye and smiled. He couldn't help but tilt his head to one side, but said nothing of it. "Sorry for being so rude. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I see now that you were just trying to be nice." He paused, unsure if he should say more. Rather than continue to flounder about apologizing, he went on to a new topic. It was a bad topic though, since he actually didn't like talking about his past. Hopefully they wouldn't ask for more information. They probably would, but oh well.

"I've been in a pack, of sorts, with wolves before so have no fear of you myself. I have to ask though, what is a luperci?" He had never heard the word, not even in passing, and felt foolish to ask someone he barely knew about something that seemed so natural to her. Stumbling, he introduced himself. "I'm Seyonne, by the way." He looked to the cat, then back to the she wolf, acknowledging both of them in an effort to be polite since he had messed up before. Perhaps his politeness would make up for his ignorance as well. This new land was strange. By far the weirdest part for him was the lack of other foxes. In his old home there must have been fifty or more foxes. There were wolves in his old home as well as here, but he had yet to hear any mention luperci. He also hadn't stuck around long enough to hear them speak much of anything though. He liked his solitude and hadn't bothered socializing with anything but the birds since he had arrived in the forest about a week ago. Today was certainly exciting.

<style type="text/css">
.seyonne01 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nneban.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74131E; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the delay, guys!

Element was glad when the tension in the atmosphere dropped as the fox apologized. He never liked to be in fights, whether they were verbal or physical, and whether he was in them or not. He just didn't like being around them, and was likely to move if it burst into something more serious. But he'd learned that Souls was full of more decent people than he had ever thought a few months ago, and curled his tail appreciatively when the air grew friendly again. He then dipped his head when Seyonne introduced himself and asked a question.

"Element," he said silkily, offering his own name in exchange for Seyonne's. "And, unless I am mistaken, Luperci are canines that can transform into a two-legged form." Element wasn't sure if this wolf was a Luperci, as she was in a four-legged form. thinking about Seyonne, he couldn't determine if he was more dog-like or cat-like. The fox had the face of a cat - a slimmer and shorter muzzle. But he also had a canine scent, and his tail was like that of a coyote. He shook the thoughts from his mind - it didn't matter what Seyonne was more like. He was a creature all his own; but he guessed his ancestor's behavior was more like that of canines when he had mentioned that he used to live in a pack.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 340px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC - 1138 (10 pts) OOC - WOOT WOOT!!! xD Hope you like it!!! Sorry it's so long! Yet I'm not sorry. xP But I am sorry if it gets boring after a while. Dx Please lemme know if that happens. <3 Thanks.

~~~

Aurora chuckled. She listened to the fox talk. The seventeen month old wolfess smiled, her violet eyes laughing right along with her. She could feel relief being released from their chests into the air surrounding them. And she felt the musky yet soothing forest smell envelop her silky, snow white coat. In her usual tone of voice - which was vevetty, soothing, alluring, and iniviting - she spoke to the fox, replying to his apology. "Oh, it is quite alright! I understand. We have all got to be on our guard sometimes. Especially in places we've never been before!" A pleasurable delightful joy filled her chest. The two seemed like ok companions. I wonder where that white cat stays at. Maybe I could visit him sometime. And what about Seyonne? Where is he gonna stay?

Well, then, why not ask him, dumbnut! Giving herself a mental pat on the back for her total "genius", which was meant to be sarcasem as the humans used to call it, she once again listened to the fox. Then the cat. So, Seyonne the Fox and Element the Cat. Interesting names. Yet they are truly appealing and dazzling in a way. Element has a certain soothing sound to it. While Seyonne has a ring that seems sharp on your tongue. Or only mine, at the least. Shifting her weight onto her other side of her body, her mind wandered into memory land where she explored the time when her parents told her what Luperci were. To this day, her father's struggle to tell the young, cute thing that she was made her feel giddy on the inside. Because it showed her that he didn't want to say the wrong thing. Which meant that he cared about her. And showing that care for her along with studdering like a fool helped her realize that her father really did love her but never showed it all that much. He had to keep his macho figure in order to not lose control of the pack. It wouldn't look good on an Alpha's reputation if he smothered his only daughter with great love and affection, talking in that certain voice you use when you're talking to an adorable baby. Now she couldn't help but grin.

And then there was her mother. Her beautiful mother who always knew exactly what to say, adding some of her fantastic flair and sassy attitude into the mix when she felt playful or paranoid. Luna's wit was well known in their area of the woods. Everyone enjoyed her company. Almost all the males her age were greatly jealous of Aura's father, since he ended up getting this great woman he was proud to call his mate. She cleared things up for Aura after her dad's struggle for words. And then the giant looked up at his wife and gave her a frown, his eyes telling her that he could've done it.

She snapped out of the happy thoughts when Element ended his comment on the Luperci. Shaking her white head, Miss. Cresent decided it was her turn to explain a bit about Luperci. Nothing like the way her father did so long ago, of course. "First off, I would like to say, Seyonne, that I'm glad that you've been around wolves before. For you are the first fox I have seen in this area. Taking in a deep breathe, adjusting her weight once more, she continued. When she spoke, she turned her line of eyesight from the cat to the fox and back every once in a while so that one of them didn't feel as though they were left out of the conversation. That's what that one book the hairless two-leggers wrote said, at the least. Never let a person feel left out of a conversation. I hope that book on.... What was it? Psychology? Yes. Well I hope that one book on the reasons and uses of Psychology is accurate. "And you are mostly correct, Element. I'm sure that both of you know how the humans walked. Well, Luperci can change into that form, except we'd keep our coats and head shapes. Along with tails, of course. Plus some of us can grow hair around our crown in that form, like the humans used to do also.

"Our wolf forms are our main forms. And that disease that made the human's go extinct gave us the ability to become Luperci. We have another form we can shift into. It's pretty much like this one," she gestured to her body, "Except we're taller, with more hair that is longer on our neck and down slightly." Shrugging, she laid down in the forest floor's refreshing dirt, leaves, and the refreshing moisture that was left behind by the sky above.

Then she remembered her questions. "So, gentlemen, if you both are male, may I ask where you are currently living? Is it anywhere near any old human buildings? And did your ancestors ever meet or belong to a human? There are stories in old libraries that I have visited that talk about pets. And those pets would be one of the wolves and foxes cousins, the cat, and the other was cats. I remember wanting to look more into it a few months back, but forgot about it until now." Her voice started to fade towards the end of her explanation for her curiosity. But Aurora Cresent's intelligence was undeniably noticable, just by the way she spoke and some of her actions. Thank goodness she doesn't let that get in the way of the lovely things in life! Like I'd ever be a stuck up, snotty fool who acted like a know-it-all!

That would have been my twin. Oh, Pablo. Pablo, Pablo, Pablo. What would I have done with you if you survived the attack? Indeed, what WOULD she have done with him. For her extremely quiet, serious, passive, and sensitive deceased brother never really got along with her. Maybe it was because of her personality. Maybe it was because she was born first out of the two of them. Maybe it was the fact that she was his opposite. She was Ying and he was Yang. Aurora was white while her twin was white and brown. He was closer to their youngest brother, Rico, out of all the family members. And he aided Rico in his pranks, improving the little evil mind's plots to ruin his sisters life. Even though she hated them both sometimes for their shinanigins, the violet eyed gal couldn't help but laugh after the deed had been done. And she couldn't help but love them even more. At the time, she imagined the two of them fixing up some of the human resources and changing the Luperci world for the better. That dream would never come true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talk Think Walk

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Naw, it's not too long. Interesting to get some background on Aurora. EDIT: Oh heeeey. Aurora never introduced herself... Oops. XD Pretend he doesn't say her name? I'll edit later.

Element. What a strange name. Not that Seyonne wasn't, or even Aurora, but the name Element had a neat ring to it. A nice beginning, and a definite end. His own name he didn't much like, too flashy and hard to pronounce. Aurora was nice, but his thoughts were muddled whenever he tried to sound it out in his head. He doubted he could say it out loud very well, so didn't try. Element's explanation of luperci perplexed him. Two legs? He knew nothing other than birds that bothered walking around on two legs (except bears, but they rarely did more than stand up for a moment he was told). He turned over the information in his mind for a moment, then Aurora started talking. He stared into her strange eyes as she spoke, not intensely, but simply caught by the strange color. Her explanation of luperci was more in depth, but just managed to raise more questions. A third form? He tilted his head to one side, unsung questions screaming to be let out, then controlled himself and leaned back, righting his head.

Her next statement made him chuckle. He was certainly male, and he was going insane if Element wasn't. His eyes flicked to the cat, then back down to Aurora. She was a smart wolf, luperci, that was sure. He didn't know what the heck 'pets' were, but didn't bother asking. He answered the question as best as he could though. "I am, in fact, male. My home... well I don't really have one. There's a trees I made a denn in last night around here somewhere." He glanced around, just realizing that he was rather lost. He shrugged in continued. "I don't like human towns, myself. Rather hard on the paws, and eyes for that matter. I prefer trees and grass. Still explore one every once in awhile, if only out of curiosity though." He was surprised at himself - to talk so much to a stranger was strange for him. She did ask a lot of questions though. "I don't think any of my ancestors were ever... pets. I imagine meeting them was impossible to avoid though." Seeing as they encroached on everything. What little about the humans he did know, he didn't much like. However, the luperci seemed to have a fondness for them, so managed to stop before he said anything possibly insulting.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Element listened to the two creatures speak and smiled. Yes, he was very much male, and so was Seyonne, by the sounds and looks of it. He supposed it was easier to tell if a Luperci was male or female, for they decorated themselves differently - but cats and foxes, Element guessed, mainly went by smell.

"I can imagine my ancestors being pets," he said. "Cats and dogs were among the most popular pets, I believe." It was true - he'd traveled far and wide around Hogwarts and had seen empty and abandoned pet stores - the front window always read 'Cats!' or 'Puppies!'. He wondered, suddenly, if the humans could speak like the dogs and cats could to each other. If they can write, could they have talked to each other? And if they could have spoken, how could they have bought and sold dogs and cats like property? The questions floated around in Element's head, confusing him and making him a little sad.

And if dogs could write, like BIOS, the cat he had met so long ago, then did they? Or had they learned after the demise of humans, and after they gained intelligence? The idea was actually more likely than the fact that they may have communed with humans. Yes...if they had communicated, then they'd have known a lot more than they do now, and perhaps would know how to make the cars and things start again. He focused, then, on the conversation he was a part of.

<style>
.element-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.element-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.element-a01 b {color:#FFFF5B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.element-a01 {background-color:#5E5E2D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/20 ... lement.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 185px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFF5B; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1C1B00; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.element-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.element-a01 .separator{width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #FFFF5B; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]