PACK CONTEST -- Inferni Co-Ranks
[html]

Inferni Co-Rank Contest

What's This?

Inferni Members Only, Please!

So, Inferni apparently smells funny, since we're one of the only packs without co-ranks, if not the only one. However, our rank system is really heavily job-based, and your smelly leaders are having some amount of difficulty coming up with some co-ranks that rock. So, we figured we would turn to our esteemed membership to try and pick your brains! Big Grin

For the first round, we'll be taking submissions of co-rank ideas. After that, we'll take all of the submissions and review them, making changes as necessary. After that, a voting poll will be posted for all Inferni members, and the top three to six submissions (depending on how many submissions we receive!) will be selected, and voila! Co-ranks!

Dates

• November 18, 2010 — Submissions Close!
  • November 25, 2010 — Voting Begins!
  • December 2, 2010 — Co-ranks rolled out!

Submission

Reply to this topic with your idea! If you're not comfortable posting out in the open, feel free to PM your submission to Sie! You can submit as many ideas as you have!

• Proposed Name: We like Latin, but feel free to submit other ideas if you think they're close.
  • Description: Write a short description (~50 words or so) of what this co-rank is responsible for.

About Co-Ranks

Inferni is in kind of a tough spot, since we already have a ranking system that's not only split into job-based tiers but also has individual rank-based jobs. So, it might be a little rough to figure out co-ranks that aren't already taken care of by the regular ranks. It's a good idea to think of very specialized things Inferni might need. For example, Inferni doesn't have a healer position. Make sure your co-rank can be achieved somewhat easily—we're probably going to implement some kind of system of proving the co-ranks' skill through a certain amount of requisite threads.

<style>
.fernidiv {
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
line-height:16px;
letter-spacing:-.02px; }

.fernidivtitle {
font-weight:bold;
text-transform:uppercase;
letter-spacing:.5px;
margin:5px 0px;
border-bottom:1px solid #000000;
font-size:20px; }

.fernidivsubtitle {
font-weight:bold;
font-size:16px; }

.fernidiv p {
text-indent:25px;
padding:4px 25px;
margin:0px; }
</style>
[/html]
Proposed Name: Lingua, Loquor, Dico
Description: One who is able to translate, speak, etc, various languages both clan-wide and region-wide.

Proposed Name: Suffragium
Description: Skilled in medicinal use of herbs, salves, etc; basically, a doctor/medic.

Proposed Name: Epulae
Description: One who can prepare delicious food with ease for the clan.

Proposed Name: Fossor
Description: A jokester; provides comedic relief in any form.

Proposed Name: Quaero
Description: Someone who knows the land(our land, or all the land) very well, and can navigate it and direct others with ease.

Proposed Name: Patronus (!!)
Description: A maternal/paternal figure who cares for/looks after other members(mostly young members, but can be any). Sort of a babysitter/guardian figure.

That's all I've got for now... Tongue Good luck! Big Grin
Proposed Name: Resarcio
Description: {Latin word for Mender}
Resarico is the highest ranked healer in the pack. They are in charge of tending to the wounded and sick as well as guiding those who wish to persue the art of healing. To newer and less experienced healers, the Resarcio is their teacher and will be in charge of training them until they are qualified for the co-rank themselves. Resarcio are not limited to their use of herbs or other methods of healing.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of healing threads {preferably emergency heals or ones where the one being healed has a good amount of damage done to them}

Proposed Name: Venator, Sectator, or Latro
Description: {All Latin word for Hunter}
Venator {or Sectator/Latro} is the head hunter of the pack and responsible for assembling hunting teams. They provide for the pack when there are food shortages. They are also in charge of tracking food so they know where to go for their hunts. Venator are allowed to hunt alone only if the food they bring back is to share with the pack as well as for themselves.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of hunting threads with character as the leader. Can be pack hunts or just group hunts.

Proposed Name: Explorator
Description: {Latin for Scout}
Explorator is the head scout and works along side the Venator {or Sectator/Latro}. They are expected to know all the territory and some of the territory that surrounds Inferni. They help with tracking prey as well as keeping out for strangers wandering near the borders and reporting it to the leaders.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of scouting threads with a Venator {or Sectator/Latro} or leaders of hunts. Can also be achieved with proof of scouting and relaying useful sitings/information to leaders.

Proposed Name: Balatro
Description: {Latin for Jester}
Balatro is the jester and moral booster of the pack. They are in charge of keeping to pack happy and in high spirits through silly acts and stories. They may perform with the pack all together or just single member so long as they are there to cheer someone up.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of cheering or living somone’s spirit

Proposed Name: Sanus, Sonitus, or Salvus
Description: {Latin for Sound}
Sanus {or Sonitus/Salvus} is the head musician of the pack and works along side the Balatro. They are responsible for helping to keep moral up through music and dances. They can either do this with acts from the Balatro or by themselves. Same rule applies to them as to who they can cheer up.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of being able to use a musical instrument to cheer someone up.

Proposed Name: Faber
Description: {Latin for Craftsman}
Faber is responsible for keeping any structures in the pack up to date and making anything the members need. Things that can be made are weapons, help with buildings, structures for items or animals, and anything that would benefit the pack as a whole. They also make sure that if anything has been damaged, they are the first ones on the job to fix it.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of making items for the pack or individual members.

Proposed Name: Vigilo
Description: {Latin for Watcher}
Vigilo is more like a nanny and watcher of the pack itself. They are responsible for watching over pups while the parents are busy and keeping an eye out in the pack as well. If anything goes wrong and there is quarrel among pack members, they are the first ones to step in to make sure it doesn’t excalate.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of breaking up fights/watching another member’s pups.

Proposed Name: Orator or Legatus
Description: {Latin for Ambassador}
Orator {or Legatus} is responsible for keeping up with relations to other packs and serving as a representative of Inferni. They are allowed to travel to other packs with messages from Inferni as well as be a messanger for other packs to bring news to Inferni.
How to achieve co-rank: 3+ proof of bringing messages to Inferni or to other packs from Inferni.

Did I put too much information? ^^;

Good luck to everyone who enters Big Grin
I'm not technically an Inferni member....but I did apply to become one. I remember there being some kind of notice on the door that says all members who apply to join get 1 share of the Inferni Stock Exchange, and even those with 1 share get to speak right Big Grin?

Anyways...*hopes to not get beaten out the door* I have a few names to contribute...

Proposed Name: Adfero
Description: It means To bring news/report So I'm thinking pack messenger between other packs maybe? The Adfero can also deliver news within the pack as well, and announce new laws and announcements from the Alphas. In times of war, the Adfero(s) can be used to deliver messages from commanders to generals as well, and from generals to soldiers. They can also be mail carriers between packmates who are long distances from each other, or to find those out and about in the woods to let them know something from the Alpha/Beta/etc/a packmate. Big Grin

Proposed Name: Civis
Description: I hope I'm getting the meaning of Co-Rank right. Civis means townperson, citizen, etc I'm thinking this could be a co-rank for those that don't have a co-rank, or are just general members of the pack, so everyone can get in on a piece Big Grin

Proposed Name: Cognosco
Description: Meaning to examine, inquire, learn. I'm thinking an apprentice. Someone who's learning their trade but hasn't quite received their rank yet. Or maybe they're trying to go to the next level. For example, Tirones Cognosco, or the next step would be Hastati Cognosco, if I'm not butchering the ranks with my not worthiness D:

I'm sure my ideas are very claudus (lame, hehe I know latin Big Grin) but please don't beat me mercilessly with a club or throw stones at me. I bruise easily D:

Also, I really don't think Inferni needs a head hunter rank. You guys seem to be doing just fine with that part. *points at all the skulls* Big Grin
Proposed name: Aedile
Description: The Aedile is in charge of festivals, ceremonies, and maintenance of clan buildings. This means the Aedile is a skilled organizer and can be consulted in regard to the upkeep and maintenance of the mansion and any festivities in the clan. The Aedile is charged with maintaining the clanlands, including maintenance and upkeep the wolf pikes on the borders. The Aedile would be the one to handle issues of vandalism were they to arise. The Aedile communicates with the leaders to inform members of any future meetings, such as those requiring attendance. The Aedile is also in charge of maintaining public ideals and cultivating culture within Inferni. For these duties, they work closely with the Imaginifer to cultivate the image of Inferni.

Proposed name: Notarii
Description: Functions as a secretary who takes the minutes of a meeting during clan meetings. The Notarii works with the Aedile to ensure that all clan members are up-to-date.

Proposed name: Haruspex
Description: The Haruspex is a diviner that reads fortune in animal entrails, especially sacrifices.