optimum outlandish
[html]

He had come to check out this place for himself rather than rely on the vague rumors that had sprung up so suddenly on its origins. A new pack, they said, to the north not far from Dahlia de Mai. Perhaps it was instinct that led him almost instantly on that journey—it had taken him months and months to approach Cour des Miracles for the first time, after all—but the proximity to that once-dangerous pack, as well as the slight proximity to Phoenix Valley itself, stirred about a need for movement. Winter would set in full swing soon enough, and if the brutish male could make that journey before the snow and cold fell, the experience would generally be better for everyone.

Jefferson knew nothing of the pack's direction, leadership, way of life. It was too early for its administrators to venture and make peace with he and his own pack if they sought to do so; the pack had only been formed a number of days before, he believed, and perhaps it was easier for they if he himself was to come and meet them. Would he be the first? The cyclops didn't know, nor care. He sought only to learn of their intentions and at least commit for neutrality, if not a future alliance. He needed to learn the pack's name, too.

The cyclops paused at what he believed to be their borders, straightened his shoulders, and forced a rather authoritative howl into the air. Not one of command, of course, but a sound declaring his own status and presence—and neutrality therein.

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#9E8054; font-style: bold; font-size:12px; }
.jefferson {font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f190c; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; width:368px; background-color:#ECD09E; border:1px solid #F5EDD6; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rhands.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:275px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: oh hai, Shaw's in Optime btw Big Grin

Shawchert was working once more on his house, it’s walls were building up and growing taller, he’d make this place fit for the size of the wolf he was. He could not fit in a normal human home, so customization was best for him. That was when he heard it. A howl, it was one of a leader, his ears perked up, a leader? Well he had to go see what it was about, though he had an inkling. Setting down the materials he was using at that precise moment, he wiped his hands off, and moved to the sound the wolf came from. He wasn’t in a huge hurry, though he wasn’t taking his time, he moved around the trees. Shawchert spotted the wolf, a curious look on his face. it was a wolf. One with many many scars on him. He must have had a hard life. Shawchert came into view with a slight smile on his face. his body language in the same manner as this wolf before him. He wanted to know where he was from. And wondered if this was what most wolves who owned packs tended to look like. He’d yet to meet any of the other pack leaders himself, so this was a first for him.

Greetings, I heard your call, you are at the border of Cercatori D’Arte, my name is Shawchert, I’m the leader of the pack, how may I help you?

He asked in an interested tone. He was not one to get overly excited over things and though he showed mild interest he was in fact curious about everything about this wolf. Where had he gotten all the scars, where was he from, what kind of pack did he have? What did he act like? He knew some of these things were going to be answered, except for possibly the first two questions he’d asked himself he was not prudent to ask someone about their past especially if it indicated pain and suffering.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The response was prompt. Although he did not admit to it, Jefferson appreciated the speed; not only did it reflect well on the stranger and his pack, but the cyclops hated to waste time standing numb in the cold. The wolf that approached smiled and appeared friendly: a much different way than Jefferson in his border greetings. The cyclops did not smile, did not force friendliness. He was nothing but blunt, to-the-point. A businessman.

"Cercatori D'Arte," the cyclops repeated, his gaze breezing over the territory from whence Shawchert had hastened. Jefferson brutally butchered the name; he repeated it once or twice more with little difference, then left it at that. After a pause, the gimp rolled his shoulders and turned his one-eyed gaze to the leader once more. "Jefferson. I run Phoenix Valley; east of here, a straight shot."

The idiot scratched at a tattered ear leisurely. "I heard something about foundations being laid here. Phoenix Valley is harmless, regardless what I look like. What are you bunch all about?" His eye fixed upon the Cercatori leader, studying him in silence.

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson {font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f190c; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; width:368px; background-color:#ECD09E; border:1px solid #F5EDD6; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... rhands.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:275px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: <3!!!!

From the get go with Jefferson’s answer he knew the wolf was a businessman. That suited Shawchert just fine. Though the one eyed man had not gotten the name right , Shawchert nodded. It wasn’t entirely an easy name, but it did roll off his own tongue nicely, though he didn’t really speak much Italian, his mother had taught him some phrases, and he picked up a few more from different areas he’d visited, though in no way was he fluent in the language.

I’m happy to meet you Jefferson. As to our foundations, and intentions, we are merely a pack dedicated to bettering ourselves in the arts. Painting, singing, music, anything of the sort.

He knew it would sound so pointless to some, but to the ones who were more into the arts understood that they could be just as important as hunting or using a bow and arrow, or some other things. Those were still important things to him, and he’d make sure the pack was fed, and taken care of in any possible way, they probably wouldn’t be ready for any wars so he would hope to keep alliances tight and they were crucial to him as well. The leader of this Phoenix Valley was no acception.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The arts? Jefferson had never been much for the arts, he hadn't a sliver of artsiness in his entire body; his members, however, had always been a variable bunch. For the most part, a great lot of them had been entirely average in every form of the word, basic hunters brought up in unfortunate circumstances that led to their banishment or abandonment or whatnot and eventual stumble onto Phoenix Valley territory. He himself was no different. Miriette—his daughter—had a knack for carpentry, or so he'd seen. She'd built a treehouse, which was by far the most creative thing he'd seen constructed on Valley territory. The rest of them swooned for the barn animals or stargazed each night. Loonies and dreamers, all of them, and artists were often the same way.

Shawchert was terribly friendly, yet professionally so. The Cercatori man did not wince beneath the cyclops' gaze, however intimidating Jefferson forced it to be. He always made it a point to present himself threateningly, if just at first, to gauge their reactions. Thus far, Shawchert had proven well. "I'm not exactly... the 'artsy' type," he muttered, a brow raised. Jefferson hoped, if nothing else, that most could guess that simply by looking at him.

"Much of Phoenix Valley in the past has been creative," he added, snorting. "I run a pack of dreamers. They would get along, likely." He paused, twitched an ear, and affixed his eye on the leader once more. "Do you know anything of your neighboring packs?" Had he heard the things of Inferni or the beast Dahlia once housed?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

3 Points OOC: Ugh fail post :/

Not everyone can… or should be

Was Shawchert’s response to Jefferson’s comment. He was one of those who could tell that Jefferson wasn’t that type of wolf, and if someone didn’t see that then he was sure they were blind. He was making sure that he would stand strong in his pack grounds, and he knew what Jefferson was doing, but he wasn’t going to set up a challenge of intimidation. Shawchert was tall but by far he was too sweet a character to be such a thing. He would however ignore much of the intimidation. He was quite sure that Jefferson was a great warrior, but not to the expense of war between packs, though Shawchert had no doubt the longest established pack would win, but it seemed that Jefferson was far from making any sort of war against them.

Dreamers huh? Well some of us do that, other’s are probably living in a dream I think.

Shawchert chuckled thinking of his own misfit of a group. He loved it though, and he wouldn’t change it for the world. It would make his family terribly upset to see what he’d started.

Well only a little, I’ve been to Cour des miracles, and know a little bit about them from one of their members, they told me a little about Crimson dreams, I’ve met a few from Dahlia, though I still know very little from there. I’ve been close to AniWaya but still know of little about it. And Inferni… well I learned just to steer clear of there for now. You have added on another pack for me to know, I’m afraid I’ve never run into your packlands yet. I’m not so sure I know of any packs, I’m slightly behind I’m afraid, with new members coming here, and setting up for winter and all, it’s been awefully busy.

Shaw said, he was hinting at his need/want to learn about the packs, not to mention, learn more about the warrior of a wolf in front of him. He still had plans for presenting them all with a peace offering, and it would have been best if he offered something they enjoyed rather than something they didn’t.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"You will not see much of me come winter," the brute said flatly. He was not the youth he had once been, the youth he could not remember being. While the man was not exactly old just yet, he quietly envied those still possessing the full spark of life, a spark he once again could not remember maintaining himself. Jefferson had lost far more than his memory from whatever altercation had resulted in his throbbing head upon waking that first time: Not only had he lost his eye, somehow, but the gimp had lost his entire childhood as well. As far as he was concerned, he was simply born into the body he now had and given an unsaid duty to compensate for the sins of his past life. He cleared his throat. "The cold is hard on me, but should you need us, come find us. Phoenix Valley and AniWaya are allianced, but we are not fighters. We will not fight for your cause, but we'll aid you if you're in trouble."

"Inferni has been more dangerous in the past," he continued. "Their ways are complicated, so don't fuck around with them. Their leaders are not as far gone as most seem to think, however." His pack and Inferni had multiple collisions in the past—including combat between he and Gabriel on Valley borders—but the clan had since settled and silenced for quite some time. He had a quiet respect for Kaena, one that he would not openly voice, only because of their similarities and experiences. "The rest are safe, as far as I know. My son lives in Cour des Miracles and my nephew runs Dahlia de Mai, but that's all I know about them. Most of us just keep to ourselves, but that doesn't mean you have to." Hell, if anyone suggested a pact between them all somehow, the cyclops might've jumped on that. There was no need for so much distaste between packs.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: <3

Shawchert was quite sympathetic to the wolf before him. Even he would have troubles traveling around the lands come wintertime, but that wouldn’t stop him, though each wolf was different and Shaw could understand that the one eyed wolf in front of him rather stayed at home.

I am very thankful, you have my word that we are not here to cause any such trouble ourselves. In fact we hope to stay neutral when it comes down to it. Hopefully in the long run there will be no disagreements that would cause suck brutality.

He said, and kept his ears sharp as the wolf spoke about Inferni, he nodded, that was all he could do, he knew what Jefferson meant as he’d run into one of the coyote’s that lived there and was lucky to get away with a few scrapes, though he had met one other from there that had been the complete opposite, he was learning to steer clear of there, but it seemed he still had a chance to make up with the pack leaders from there.

Well I’ve had a plan to set up some traveling festivities once we are settled and set for such a thing, with permission to enter packlands first of course

Shawchert said, adding the last part in hastily knowing every single leader was territorial, no matter if they are peaceful or not, and he would always let the leaders know beforehand if something were to happen, and get their permission before actually doing the act.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Forgot about this, sorry! @_@

"You'd best always get permission before entering packlands if you want to stay neutral," he said quietly, though aware Shawchert knew it already. There was no harm in acknowledging what he believed to be common sense; not all leaders were capable or intelligent ones, and if a few short words meant later hesitance and the sparing of unnecessary bloodshed, then so be it. The cyclops was no expert himself, but Ravenclaw had thrived well under his watchful eye for nearly three years. He had to be doing something right. "That includes mine," he added, though without threat in his voice. "Only polite. My pack has its enemies, at times." That, and even Shawchert could probably guess it unwise to startle a scarred, battle-experienced man like Jefferson Soul.

"Muggles is our ally," he continued. "Out of the packs around here, I've found the two of us to be the most neutral, standing-wise. I can't say anything of Dirty Mudbloods and Squibs, as they haven't been around as long. Gryffindor has had its scrapes within its own ranks, but that's all I know of them." He paused, then shrugged. "Then again, it's your decision to believe me. Hell, I could be steering you all wrong. Figure it out for yourself."

Rolling his shoulders, the cyclops began to turn away. "I'm going home to get out of the cold, unless you have anything to ask me." He was fully willing, if there were questions to be had.

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean b {color:#6189a6; font-size:12px;}
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: when you read this you can post or archive <3 :3

Shawchert wasn’t about to argue with the scarred leader. He just nodded with a small smile on his face. he knew the rules and responsibilities he had, not to mention he’d rather be polite even to the pack that had attacked him. He wasn’t about to start a war that was certainly unnecessary and would surely be the end of his pack. He listened as the wolf explained his allies, but at the end he teasingly said he could possibly just be leading Shaw on. He raised an eyebrow but still said nothing, it seemed the wolf was challenging Shawchert, he took his time to think about what was to be said.

I suppose then I shall figure out the packs for myself then.

He said, quietly, yet his smile never faded. It seemed that their meeting was at an end, Shawchert bowed his head as the Older, more experienced wolf stated he was leaving. Shawchert was slightly disappointed, feeling bad he couldn’t make the wolf more comfortable, but it was the way things happened in a meeting like this, possibly next year if the man visited again, Shaw would have the accommodations to make the scarred man comfortable.

It has been a pleasure I’m sure, and you will see me again this year, of course you’re your permission. No questions, I’m sure you’ll be happy to know, maybe when we meet next time I will have plenty for you.

He said cooly, knowing the leader probably didn’t care much for prodding questions and Shaw didn’t want Jefferson to feel too uncomfortable.. He was going to stay near the borders till the leader was gone, he wasn’t scared the Cyclops would come in, he thought it respective to stay there until the man was gone just in case he had something more to discuss but from the finality in Jefferson’s voice he knew it was the end of this meeting.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]