Natural disasters and prey
Whats everyone's opinions on having some natural disasters/events every now and then to spice things up, examples:

*Meteor
*Floors
*Famine/drought
*Plague
*Cyclone
*Human scientific workshop is discovered, everyone who comes near it or someone who had been near it will go temporary blind or something else =P they may have been gone forever, but that doesn't mean there aren't remnants somewhere in the world right? Archaeology
*Group of "bandits" NPC played by staff members that may be randomly encountered.
*unearthing of radioactive waste from humans , poisons the water and increases the likelyhood of birth defects.

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me role playing some deer =P or something, just to add some interest to the idea of hunting. ^_^ they wouldn't be Auxiliary chars of course and would get captured and killed. So me or maybe staff would post under account "prey" or something.
Typically, big natural disasters only happen once and a while, and are what we call board-wide plots so that everyone is aware and involved in them. We've had a drought and a wildfire in the past, but there's always room for future cataclysm. :] If people are really interested in something along those lines, it doesn't hurt to mention it to the SA--I personally would love if we had something like a harsh winter and lack of food. Makes for fuuuun drama, haha.

We do have an account for that! It's called [html]Preybot[/html]! I used it as a wolf in an Inferni pack thread, but you're able to use it for whatever you'd like.
It was overcast, the date of the 20th of November 2010 would never be forgotten. It was the day the drum had been found. It was rusted, and a bit bent up, but eventually they got it out of the ground. The arguments rage between citizens as to what should be done with the mystery drum, should it be reburied as it is or should it be opened? who knows what treasures could lie inside! However the object is of human origin and they often dump their trash.

Options:

*someone opens it the below happens right away
*Its not opened but reburried, so its leaking into the soil anyway but at a lowerate, so by x date the below happens.

The sickness is passed through contact with other wolves or water. And when it rained it would come down onto everyone.
Symptoms/order they develop
*skinsores which are itchy and red, causing the creatures fur to fall out
*blindness when exposed to the sun
*Paralysis (eventually ending in death)

How this plot would encourage skill development:

*It would take the medically skilled time to figure out what to treat it with, and there could be casualties amongst the old and the sick.

* Those with dye making skills could be used to mark those in Isolation due to illness as a warning

*those who can sew, could make anti-infection masks, and raincoats (if they can find a way to waterproof it!)

*The Artists would be able to make flyers or what not, detailing the symptoms and what to do once the medically minded have figured that out. And they can record it in history to warn future generations.

*Trackers/scavengers could loot the deceased body or search for a cure at the site of contamination.

------------------------
btw I went looking for details of the fire on the wiki and on the site =O doesn't seem to be any!

Mhm, could you pm me the preybot details? ^^ I want to make some threads in multiple pack grounds =D
The preybot account is primarily meant for pack threads or bigger plots involving many wolves/coyotes as a way for the pack or clan members to better be able to work together and interact with the creature that they are hunting. It's useful because then the person controlling the preybot (Usually a leader or the leader of the hunt) can say what the animal is doing and can control whether the hunt is successful/unsuccessful. That is the preybot's original purpose, as far as I know it. (Any older admin, feel free to correct me :3) But either way, it's definitely not meant for members to use in individual threads in multiple packlands, and I apologize if that impression was given. If that was allowed, it would be similar to you having an second character (as we do have players who have had creatures such as bears and cows as characters).
oh I see, fair enough =) just thought it'd be interesting for wolves to have something else to chase xD anyway, ideas on my plot proposal thing?
QUOTE (Astryd @ Nov 9 2010, 05:19 PM)
btw I went looking for details of the fire on the wiki and on the site =O doesn't seem to be any! [/quote]
Here is the history of the year the fire occurred! April 2008 also has a brief note on the fire. :O

Hope that helps!