A wee chance
◦Character Name: Valinta LeStrange
◦Character Birthdate (including year): September 1st, 2009
◦Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
◦Species: Canis lupus communis ortus [Russian wolf]
◦Gender: Female
I have no secondary form of contact in the form of instant messagers, but my deviantART account is checked daily: Deviantart
◦Currently played characters: Valinta LeStrange
◦How you found 'Souls: A friend told me.
◦Initial post:

Valinta LeStrange looked carefully at the borderline. She didn't really want to actually enter the territory, but she did want to find a pack. A loner had told her that this was the best place to go if she wanted to get "that namby-pamby dancing thing made all bettered up". And she did want to be a better dance, she did with all her heart. Valinta took a deep breath, and stepped into the territory, and flinched, expecting a horde of wolves to attack in an instant.
When no wolves appeared, Valinta opened one of her eyes, and relaxed. She could have a few minutes to herself, it seemed. Shrugging her large shoulders, she focused on changing into her other form. When her butt started sticking up higher than her legs, from the bones stretching to accomodate her more humanoid body, she figured it would be okay to stand up.
She tottered and fell down loudly, then watched her paws turn into feet slowly, with a large scowl darkening her face. Once she had stood up, and petting the braids in her hair, Valinta looked around slowly, and started to sway to imaginary music. Soon she was lost in her own world, twirling around and dancing as beautifully as she could manage -- probably not as beautifully as some, she thought to herself. She banished the thought as quickly as it came, though, and continued to dance her young heart out.
[html]

ooc: Hello! ^^

It was a nice day - a bit chilly, perhaps, but a day worthy of mention in Skye's mind. She took in a big breath through her nose - the charcoal smell of winter flooded the canine's nose, as well as another scent. A wolf.

Skye opened her eyes, as they'd been closed, and saw through the thick trees that another wolf was on Cercatori d'Arte's territory. She wasn't very far in, which made Skye think that perhaps she didn't know she was trespassing. But then she began to dance.

Skye had never really been a dancer, preferring to listen to the music she'd heard and sit quietly. But this girl had another idea, it seemed - she danced and turned and twisted in a way that Skye never could, and Skye thought it was a beautiful scene indeed. She smiled; perhaps this wolf wanted to join the pack?

The issue of trespassing would have to be dealt with, but that would be after this wolf had told her her story. Skye stepped out of the trees in her Optime form, her auburn hair waving down her shoulders and her shirt and loose blue pants on her form. "Hello," she said. "I see you've, ah, danced your way into Cercatori d'Arte territory. She wanted to point out that this wolf was trespassing, but didn't want to frighten her off, as she only trespassed a few feet - she thought her subtle pointing out of the fact would be enough, perhaps. "And you're quite good at it too," she said, in reference to the girl's beautiful dancing. She cleared her throat and continued. "May I ask what you're doing here?"

<style>
.flowerskye p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.flowerskye b {color:#1F356B; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.flowerskye-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 5px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:290px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #1944D2;}
.flowerskye {width:514px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5311/flowersk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1F356B; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #B1CCED; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8CBBFC; min-height:320px;}
.flowerskye-border {width:516px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
[/html]
Valinta turned around so quickly when she heard the other wolf that she fell down. "Uhh..." at a loss for words, she scrambled to a standing position, assuming a more hunched position out of respect for the other woman. Even she knew that if you wanted into something, you should act nice.
"I...I...thank you." Valinta said, rather lamely, in response to the compliment. "I'm Valinta. Valinta LeStrange...And..Someone told me that this was..." She trailed off, rubbing the back of her neck.
How to say that she wanted to be good at dancing?
"Someone said that this was a good place to live in..?" she asked, more than stated. "I mean, if you like...To do...Artsy stuff." she mumbled.
"I don't mean to tresspass, or anything, I kinda want to join the pack.." she said softly, hoping to seem respectful and smart instead of an idiot who'd made a fool of herself once or twice already.
She smiled shyly, and hopefully, before she twitched a little bit. 'I'll have to change forms soon.' she thought to herself. 'This is getting uncomfortable.'
[html]

ooc: :] just remember, if you're going to go into any other pack territories, howling at the borders is always best - some leaders would just go 'GRRRAWR' if you trespassed xDD

Skye didn't like to see other people uncomfortable, so she wagged her tail, although still assuming the authoritative form of a leader - or, at least, the co-leader. She smiled at the girl, glad that she wasn't trying to cause trouble by trespassing - and after all, it was only a few meters.

When the wolf introduced herself as Valinta and asked if there was room for her to do 'artsy stuff', Skye smiled once more. Valinta went on to mention that she wanted to join the pack, and hadn't meant to trespass. She didn't seem to be trying to make trouble, and was acting respectful, if not a bit timid. "I'm Skye Collins, the co-leader of Cercatori d'Arte," she said, making her introductions. "This is indeed a pack for seekers and creators of art, and we don't yet have any dancers. I believe you'd make a good addition to the pack, if you have a ready mind and are willing to learn." That much was true for any wolf; as long as they were ready to learn, they could always make a valuable addition to the pack. Her curiousity was piqued, however, and she asked another question; "Do you have any other skills that may be valuable to the pack?"

Winter was coming, and these things were always important. She was sure, however, that if she didn't, she would still make a good pack member. She was dark, for one, with a sandy underbelly - that would make for good camouflage in the deep, dark forests of Cercatori d'Arte. That would help for pack hunts, if she wanted to participate. And Skye knew she'd be able to find a teacher, perhaps from another pack, to help her further her dancing skills.

<style>
.flowerskye-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 5px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:290px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #1944D2;}
.flowerskye {width:514px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5311/flowersk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1F356B; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #B1CCED; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8CBBFC; min-height:320px;}
</style>
[/html]
Valinta tilted her head as her tail twitched. The co-leader, Skye, was asking after talents? Unsure of what to say, Valinta sat down and scratched at her mane. "Thank you for letting me join the pack..." she murmered as she thought. "It's kind of an honor to be the first dancer, also." Standing up, Valinta realised she could use most of what she did to stay alive when she was alone as a talent.
"I'm rather good at hunting." She finally said. "I had to get really good at hunting by myself. I was alone most of the time." She looked around, and then thought again. "I can also take care of smaller wounds. Like... Cuts and things." Smiling, Valinta nodded as she said her two biggest talents. Pretty much anythig to take care of herself, she could be good at. "I hope that that will help...?" she asked.
[html]

ooc: woohoo, welcome to cda! ^^ we can just fade to black after this and act as though skye gave her the tour. :3 you can also start posting right away in differen threads, and you'll get titled up in a bit.

Skye nodded and smiled, seeing how the girl could be good at hunting with her well hidden coat. And someone that could heal - that was very valuable indeed. Cercatori d'Arte hasn't had anyone that needed major healing yet, but it was always a good skill to have in a member. "Healing is very good," she said in approval. "We don't have anyone that can heal yet. If you'd like, you can pursue that as well as your dancing career, although you don't have to if you don't want to." She smiled at the girl once more, trying to make her feel as home as she possibly could.

"I guess I should say welcome to the pack!" she exclaimed, happy at the prospect of a new pack member that knew how to heal as well as their first dancer. She waved her tail in welcome. "Would you like a tour of the territory? It's not very large, but there are plenty of things to see."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls! You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a plot, big or small?

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]