just like you this time shall pass
[html]
If you replied after my post, please repost. :]

Soon enough, they came. His lover, his siblings, the young man who would eventually be considered his in-law. Each spoke, but Gabriel heard little. Questions from children he did not want to answer, an arrogance from Hybrid, a disgruntled repose from Andre. Inhaling and forcing the white noise from his ears, the doggish hybrid regarded the assembled and began to speak.“Kaena is gone,” he began, turning eyes from one body to another. “I don’t know when or if she’ll be coming back. This means that leadership of Inferni has passed onto me.”

And again, monarchy was born into the land of Bleeding Souls. And again, it was a de le Poer at the head. “You three,” he said, looking to the youngest members. “and your sister are more then welcome to move in to the house. I would suggest it, at least until you’re old enough to fend for yourselves.” Shifting his weight, Gabriel considered his words, thought better of himself, and continued. “Nothing will change. We are still Inferni. Do well to remember that.”
[/html]
Here are the responses that came after yours, Mel Smile
----------------------------------------

Empusa

She was late, and she knew it. Empusa walked slowly toward the gathered group, her ears pricked forward. She didn't know what it had meant when she'd heard that howl...it'd sounded so scary, she almost hadn't wanted to go toward it at all. The orphan had never been in a pack or a clan before, had never been to a meeting. She didn't even know that they /had/ meetings, sometimes.

She'd tried to look for Faolin, but the female had already left. The lands of Inferni were big to her...it would take a while to find the others. The girl tracked along the trail that the older female had made in front of her, making her way to the collection of coyotes. Was this right? Was she supposed to be here, too? She didn't want to get close to Gabriel so she went to the other side of Faolin, the only coyote that she knew, and looked up at her questioningly.

"Zis...iz right? I comez here?"
------------------------------------------
Andre

Andre did not respond to his half-brother's silence. He merely watched the small clan that had gathered before him, hating all of them without even a reason. Sure, he respected Hybrid more, and Gabriel and Arkham and Rachias were his family so, by default, he had to pretend to care, and Faolin was nice (if not annoying), but he still hated them. His reasonless distaste most likely stemmed from the cynic within, which looked at the world with a burning glare. He, however, did not see a reason to comment on it, or even acknowledge it; now was the time for non-caring.

He would have said, good riddance, but it was hardly fitting. He also hated Gabriel for being the new leader, therefore messing up his plans to overthrow them all further, but he didn't say anything. It wasn't until the older coyote addressed he and his siblings that he gave any acknowledgment; it was merely the dip of his head towards the ground, as if accepting it, but not really liking it. And then...

They c'n l've th'r'. I c'n fen' f'r mys'lf. "They" in reference to Rachias, Eris, and Arkham.

---------------------------------------------
Arkham

Both ears had been perked and upright when his brother finally spoke, but after the first few words, the rest seemed to numb away into a droning voice and he didn't hear them anymore. The message still reached him somehow though and he stared in silence for a few moments before his arrogant snot of a brother finally spoke. He had probably realized it before, but he simply did not understand any of Andre's logic, if it could even be called that. It was perhaps not a horrible thing to be self-confident, but there was also the need to be realistic; Arkham would not pretend that he was ready to fend for himself and was not ashamed to think that he might still need Gabriel's care for a few months more at least, but that wasn't even the point at the moment. Where was their mother?

But why? Where? D'she say 'nee'thin'? How d'y'know? He hadn't intended to ask so many questions, but after the first one, the rest had simply tumbled out. He still wasn't sure how he felt about it, but he wasn't satisifed with the information Gabriel had to give. Kaena is gone. What did that mean? Gone where? Would she be back? A change in leadership meant nothing to him; they were all his family and he didn't care about ranks. He just wanted to know why.
[html]
Blech, sorry. I got groundeddddd. LOL I am ungrounded now! xD

Faolin nodded her head, and watched the group silently, especially the younger members. Kaena's children she had left behind. She watched the through saddened eyes, how could she leave her children here? It was not like they were all alone, but it was definitely hard losing a mother, Faolin knew that from first hand. The girl wondered how and if they could even cope with the idea of their mother leaving. She shook her head back and forth looking back to Gabriel, she had wondered what had gotten him so strange this morning.
Her ears perked in time to see Empusa coming her way, and the young child sat beside her. Faolin nodded her head, "Yes, just come sit next to me if you wish." Faolin rested her tail close to Empusa so she would feel a little more comfortable. Faol nodded to Gabriel, and her attention was quickly taken away towards the puppies. She could not help but let a small smile creep across her lips at Arkham, it was typical that he would act like this, he would come around though, after the first night anyway. It was getting really cold, and he would come around eventually, she hoped. Not another Hybrid, she thought rolling her eyes.
"Yes, any and all of you are welcome in the house, if you need anything I'm sure anyone would be willing to help. I'll probably be more around when your brother is busy," she said, looking over at the small gathered group. There was one other female, Ahemait, but Faolin did not know of her feelings towards her younger siblings. Then their was Hybrid and Samael, there was no way she would let either of them care for the Inferni youth. Faolin sighed, there was definitely a lot to do to keep her busy through the winter months.

[/html]
[html]
Oh, my, my, you're oh so sly.

Let's leave unsaid what's left unspoken.
___ Hybrid spent the time waiting for the announcement waiting, examining, and investigating those who had arrived. It seemed as though the entire clan was here, which was most certainly a good thing. Now that they were all gathered here like this, it made him realize how many puppies there were, and Hybrid was not sure if this was a good or bad thing. Yes, they could be trained and taught to defend Inferni with their life if it all went according to plan (and if Gabriel saw such action necessary), or they could become nothing more than a nuisance. With the adults outnumbering the youth by only one body, it was worrisome to know that Inferni was only five adults strong. If anything, their ferocious reputation would leave them unharmed, as no wolf would be foolish enough to attack Inferni, even with the departure of both their leader and other member, Stygian Nothing.
___ Hybrid nodded slowly as Gabriel spoke, and not seeing the need to reply, remained silent. He glanced over at Andrezej, trying to identify the meaning of his steely gaze. It was curious how angry the puppy looked, but Hybrid supposed he had every right to. His mother had literally run off, and he was left now with a half-brother he barely knew and a female that was undoubtedly annoying. He supposed that Faolin couldn't help it, but she was still quite the bother at most times. Nagging, worrying, fretting, and whatnot, she tended to remind Hybrid of Nyika, if less composed.
___ He scowled at Empusa as he edged closer to Faolin, not liking how the child had been so readily allowed into Inferni. Gabriel had been right to chase off his mother, for his kind did not belong there.
[/html]
[html]
Another post each, and I'd say we're about done? If anyone wants a follow up thread please PM me.

He looked at them, studying their reactions. A faint twinkle of amusement danced in his eyes as the youngest Lykoi offspring spoke, one arrogant, the other concerned. How like Baneesh, how like Molochai. Both gone; one dead, the other who knew where. They would learn to understand and accept the bitter truth of the world. Nothing stayed forever. “Andre, until you can hunt for yourself, you will have to rely on others. If you choose not to live at our home, I cannot guarantee your safety.” No child could last the winter alone.

“I don’t know where she went. I don’t know why. She said nothing, and left me nothing to suggest she would return.” He paused, feeling a cold wind cut through his fur. Gabriel debated for a moment on the issue of his mother’s madness and whether or not it was this that drove her away; and if not that, perhaps the fact she had hidden something from all of them forever. Perhaps she had gone off to die. “Hybrid,” he said suddenly, looking to the younger male. “When news of Kaena’s departure reaches outsiders, I do not doubt we will see some of our enemies at the door. You have my authority to deal with trespassers as you see fit, provided you do not react without just cause.” It felt like he was signing death sentences even as he spoke. “This goes for all of our adult members,” he added, casting a glance to Faolin. “Be sure that they are aware of it.”
[/html]
[html]

When Gabriel next spoke to him, he fixed his brother with a dark scowl, having already been forced into accepting the fact that he would have to accept their help. He didn't want to, seeing as it would make him feel both incompetent and inferior (two things which, in his mind, he was not), but he wasn't really given a choice. He growled under his breath, looking away from the oddly marked hybrid as if it were some kind of sin to make him accept such terms. He was a cynical sadist in the making, and he would one day be capable of showing it to the world, but for the time being all of the negativity and the darkness would fester inside of him until it was released in one hell of a tempest.

Until then, he would have to look at the reliance not as an acceptance of inferiority, but as a way to make others work for him. He wouldn't have to do anything himself; it would all be brought to him, as if they were all servants and he was a true prince.

The rest of the news was unimportant, and he sunk back into his mind of schemes and sociopathic thoughts. He had no need to censor the morbidity of the world's truths, and no need to mask the macabre and masochistic being within. He wouldn't care what kind of pain came to himself if it resulted in more to others; he would be willing to sacrifice all for the chance to twist and maim, even now, although he didn't have the means yet. His idiopathic intentions would be explained in time.

[/html]
[html]
Rawr, thought I should at least reply to this, even though I am on absence.

Faolin watched Gabriel closely. Having Hybrid being able to do what he want may bring more trouble, but at least the other packs would know Inferni was still going strong. Winter was coming on soon, and with the temperature starting to drop, it would bring in a couple loners and so on looking for a place to stay... at least for the winter. Faol rolled her eyes and sighed, they needed more members, although they were doing fine.

Faolin felt worn and she was pretty sure it was the end of the meeting. She looked up at Gabriel, making eye contact for a moment before he finished up. She would stay around afterwards, possibly take all of the Inferni youth back to the house, fill them up with some food. Without Kaena here, Faolin figured she would be the one looking after them for the most part. Until they could take care of themselves anyway. Faol sighed, starting to think of her own mother. But, those thoughts were quickly pushed from her head.

[/html]
[html]
Oh, my, my, you're oh so sly.

Let's leave unsaid what's left unspoken.
___ It was interesting to watch the various expressions that followed every small speech of Gabriel's, how each coyote, in turn looked. Although Andre's little petty scowl made Hybrid want to cackle madly, he knew it was neither the time nor the place. Faolin's worried expression was amusing, too, for she looked so concerned about this all. It was as if she cared, which, knowing Faolin, did. What a bothersome emotion for such a bothersome creature.

___ Hybrid nodded as Gabriel spoke, acknowledging the Aquila's words with a few jerks of his head. From the way it sounded, Kaena would be gone for good. She may have been one of the most delightfully bloodthirsty coyotes, but she had still been female, prone to giving birth rather often. What was this litter now? Her third? Fourth? Hybrid didn't care enough to count, but the founder of the clan had indeed weakened herself by consorting with so many wolves. "Of course, Gabriel," he replied with a nod. Perhaps Gabriel was not nearly as vicious, but he would be able to make up for that. Inferni would be feared again.

[/html]
[html]
http://kiriska.homestead.com/files/Arkham_01header.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
He disliked the idea that some things just didn't have answers, or at least, no answers that he could easily reach. Only Kaena had the answers to the questions he was asking but she wasn't there to give him anything. He wanted to ask Gabriel, if she left him no sign that she would return, then did she leave any suggestion that she wouldn't? What if she had just taken a little vacation? Why did he think that she was gone for good? But this time, the grey pup kept the inquiries to himself; he doubted his eldest brother would have anything further to say -- he certainly didn't look or sound interested in the topic and Faolin didn't have anything to say either. And Andre obviously didn't care about anyone but himself.

Arkham didn't know about any enemies of their clan and wondered what it would be like to be under attack. He didn't know Hybrid but from the leering grin that was plastered to the canine's face, the child figured he would do fine in keeping trespassers away, even if most of the strangers that wandered close to their borders had seemed pretty harmless to him. He wasn't sure why, but he felt grumpy all of a sudden and so he got up and just started to walk away. Everyone seemed to be pretty done talking anyway.

[/html]