Hunting
[html]

ooc: For Bangle. Sorry for randomly changing the setting, but I thought this was more appropriate for... hunting.

Seyonne wasn't entirely sure how he wound up here, but he loved it. The trees were tall and the ground was quiet. It was perfect for hunting. After climbing a few trees he found that it was futile to try and find prey that way for the wind was blowing and rustling the few leaves left. All that noise right next to his ears made trying to find prey, specifically mice, on the forest floor impossible. He instead found himself walking through a shallow stream, trying to pick up tracks or burrows in the mud. The water was cold though, and after awhile he walked in the mud instead, and finally took to simply treading over the pine needles littering the floor - at some point he had moved to a mostly pine covered part of the forest. He was too focused on finding food to worry about the fact that he was indeed quite small, and possible prey himself. He halted at the though, glanced around, then continued onward as his belly rumbled in discomfort.

Finally he caught the slight whiff of mouse. He moved slower, eyes darting around in front of him. There it was. He froze, inched forward, and froze again. When he was confident he was close enough, he pounced upward in classic fox fashion before landing right on the mouse and killing it instantly. Happy, he let out a little purr-like noise of pleasure. He quickly ate his kill, made a quick second and ate it, then curled up in a thinly leafed bush. He decided on this spot for his nap because he could still see out, yet anyone in a hurry would run right past. He flicked his tail a couple times, stretched out, and fell asleep. He had meant to take a quick nap, barely even fall asleep really, but he was soon in a state of deep sleep. Not much would wake him.

<style type="text/css">
.seyonne01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#661717; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.seyonne01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.seyonne01 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.seyonne01 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nneban.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74131E; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry this took a few days! Work has kept me busy x_x; 3 points.

The smell of pines were all that Bangle could smell, and though it was a pleasant smell, he had his mind set on something else for that afternoon. Lunch, for one, but also some more furs for the ever-threatening chill. The season was already evident on the ground, where ice began to settle and signs of snow were eminent. He dressed light, and yet warm, deciding it was now too cold to leave home shirtless, and so he brought along his tunic made out of deer hide. The clothing was flexible, so that he would be able to move his arms around with ease, and on the inside was extra padding to keep himself warm when his fur just wasn't enough.

Carrying his hand-crafted knife in his right hand, carved elegantly out of the leg bone of a bear, and a tall, throwing spear strapped to his back by a leather thong, Bangle found himself in the heart of the forest, walking silently and keeping his senses clear for any sign of game. His footing was quick, and he moved with an expert silence that only told someone he was around in this form often. It was like he wasn't even touching the ground, though he indeed was, but Bangle felt like he needed to go on the hunt more often in his Optime form. To the coywolf, it was always about practice in what he did best, in needing to improve himself and go past the point of perfection.

His body froze in place when he thought he saw something rustling in the bushes to the right of his path. He turned sharply on one foot, and was instantly glad he had decided that morning to remove his silver bangles, for they'd make too much noise and distract any kind of animal he'd be looking for. Bangle squatted down, feeling his tooth necklace pinch the back of his neck for a moment. As he crept up to the bush in question, he grinned cunningly at the sight of a fox tail peeking out of it.

Staying in his half-squatting position, with a quick movement he snatched the creature's tail with his left hand and dragged it out of the bushes and letting it hang upside down in the air, standing up on his two legs once he brought the creature out of hiding. "Ah-ha! I got'cha! Yer pelt will make fer great decor." He said to it, holding up his bone knife as the male lifted the fox to face level.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: It's okay I understand. :] Oh, and if you've never heard a fox scream, you should look it up. Here's a link to random noises if you're interested.

Seyonne was dreaming of summer. Everything was bright, and he was in a short t.ree in the middle of a meadow. The meadow was filled with every color flower imaginable, and the sweet pollen was intoxicating. There was the smallest of breezes that kept the smell fresh and changing every moment. Then he was being forced awake and the meadow vanished to be replaced by the ground rushing by. He dug his claws into the ground but to no avail. He flew up into the air and suddenly someone was talking to him. A face swung into view then, and he swung out a paw to try and claw his captor's nose. All the while he was screeching in anger and confusion. He stopped when he realized that he realized that it was pointless, and tried to curl up and bite the hand holding his tail. He only managed to hook his paws around his back leg though, and hung there uselessly. "Between you and me I'd rather keep my pelt. Not too selfish of me is it?" He growled as he continued to hold onto his leg and stare the luperci in the eyes.

Despite his angry outward disposition, inside he was panicking. His heart was racing and the beat of it in his ears made it hard to concentrate. Much longer upside down and he would become dizzy and then it would be even harder to get away. He cursed his tiny body and the weakness it enclosed. This was the first time he had had to worry about another animal making an attempt on his life. The ocean had turned against him, and now luperci were too? He made a mental note that if he ever got away that he would be more careful around the strange new breed of wolf. Swaying still, he glanced around, mind grinding out an escape route. There really wasn't one, but should he somehow be let go, he would certainly run up the closest t.ree as fast as possible.

<style type="text/css">
.seyonne01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.seyonne01 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nneban.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74131E; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ahahah, I've heard it before. Darn near breaks my heart :d And hope you don't mind the nickname Seyonne's been given, Bangle does that with everyone. And hope you don't mind that he picked him up again, I can edit the post if you want. +3

Bangle was used to the stressed cries of a fox when it was in danger, he'd heard them countless times. The coywolf practically rolled his eyes, not thinking anything different with this gray fox than he had with the several others he had encountered. He watched as it wriggled, tried to open its mouth and snap, but even if it did Bangle wouldn't have dropped it. He chuckled as it cried out into the open skies. "Lil' Foxtail, cry all ya want. Yer tail is simply beautiful, a job well done on keeping it clean." When the fox stopped screeching, Bangle held the fox out a ways, grinning, studying on how he'd do his skinning process. He would expect another swift cry or two before the job was done.

What he didn't expect, though, was for the fox to speak.

Bangle's eyes flew wide open, and in the shock he dropped the creature to the ground, head first, though he knew it would land on its feet. Was the coywolf going crazy or.. did it understand him? And he understood it? Did that mean.. all the foxes he'd encountered could speak his language? "Woah!" Was all he could manage to breathe out, his body still stunned. But when he realized it, Bangle knelt to the ground and picked the fox up by the tail again. He looked inquisitively at the creature, thinking, for some reason, this was just a trick so that it could escape being under the knife. "Woah there, Foxtail! You can.. speak?" Bangle quickly sheathed his knife (for now), his now-free hand resting on his knee. Curiosity got the better of him, for now, Bangle was more interested in wondering if this fox was playing a trick on him, or if, after all this time, foxes, and other creatures, understood the language of the wolf.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Yeah, foxes are really dramatic. And nope, don't mind either one, though poor Seyonne's ego is being battered once more. I'm so mean to the poor guy.

Seyonne appreciated the look of surprise on his captor's face oh so much. What he didn't appreciate was being dropped on the ground. He landed fairly gracefully, took a couple steps, then flew back into the air, tail first. The feeling was sickening and humiliating. He hated not being in control of his body even more than relying on someone else's help. At this point he would happily accept most anyone's help, and happily too accept any form of repayment. The hatred he felt towards this luperci was indescribable. He didn't know he was capable of such raw emotion. He tried to calm himself down though, as being so volatile wouldn't get him anywhere - except maybe under that knife. He was glad to see it go. He laughed out loud at the luperci's question, and couldn't help but reply harshly. "Of course I can speak idiot. Don't worry your little head, you ain't going crazy." He curled up again, trying to bite the luperci's hand. Once more he only succeeded in hooking a paw around his back leg. Curse his weakness.

He met the luperci's eye again, speaking in a slightly kinder voice. "I would very much appreciate being let down. Would you enjoy being woken from a nap and being caught up by your tail? I think not." He probably wouldn't enjoy being threatened to be skinned either, but Seyonne left that out in a weak attempt not to remind the luperci of his original intentions. If only he could get his feet back under him. The tree right behind him had nice rough bark that was perfect for climbing. He could be up above the luperci's head before he could draw his ugly knife. Seyonne shivered inwardly at the thought of the wicked instrument. How many of his own kind had met their end under that blade? Was that why he hadn't met any other foxes? Were they all dead? Or just hiding? He didn't blame them if they were hiding. He was learning that luperci were fickle creatures. Then again, foxes could be too - each had the possibility to be your greatest enemy or ally. Except for luperci, since foxes couldn't do much again the giants he supposed. Even if foxes were enemies of them, they wouldn't be their greatest, that's for sure.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
:3. 5 points.

Bangle was just a little too stunned to even realize, or care, that the fox did not like being dropped then picked right back up again. It probably wasn't a fun feeling at all. This day must have been a wild one for the little Foxtail, which was the nickname that Bangle was going to use with this little fellow, despite whatever other name it had.

Wait a minute.. why should he care if the fox could speak? It had a beautiful pelt, and yes he wanted to add it to his collection, so why should it matter if creatures could speak? Presently, he shook his head, the bones and beads in his hair making noise in response as he did so. "Of course I can speak idiot. Don't worry your little head, you ain't going crazy." There it was again! The coywolf wasn't going crazy after all! This fox spoke, and his tone was irritable. "Well y'don't have t'be rude about it, feller." Of course, if someone asked Bangle if he were as small as a fox, and being caught, he probably would've responded in the same manner this fox did.

The male seemed to be lost in thought, idly holding the fox by his tail. "I would very much appreciate being let down," he heard. Bangle blinked, then focused on the fox who looked at him straight in the eyes. "On, righ', righ'." He said, with a tone that sounded a little like defeat, as he put his other free hand under the fox to level him, let go of his tail, then set him.. it.. back on the ground. Damn, he really wanted that tail, too.

Bangle remained kneeling, unsure if the fox was going to stay where Bangle set him down or if he was going to run for dear life up the nearest tree. Then the coywolf remembered that the fox asked him a question, and he split the air with his famous laugh. "Hah! Guess ya got a point, Foxtail. But I learned long 'go t'pay more attention ta' my surroundings, even when sleepin'." Bangle twisted his body a bit sideways to the fox, showing the three cougar marks that still scarred his thigh, the last of the marks ending where his leg becomes his rump. As proof to himself of his own mistake, Bangle outlined the marks with a blue dye of sorts. He patted the marks, and grinned, looking to the creature.

Turning back towards the creature, he then let one knee rest on the leaf-littered ground. "So what's yer story, Foxtail? How can you.. uh.. speak wolf?" It was still unbelievable to him. He didn't believe any creature could speak 'wolf', or rather, high speech as some others knew it as. It made the coywolf wonder briefly how many other creatures could do that. And yet he didn't want to know, for furs and skulls he made a living out of. Sure, a lot of what he crafted was already dead, but sometimes he had to do the job himself.
[/html]
[html]

Seyonne couldn't help but snort as his captor criticized him for being rude. He didn't say anything though, for fear of angering the luperci and losing his hide. He was almost hopeful that he was keeping his very important skin, despite being "rude". As the luperci finally relented to putting him down, he was oh so tempted to bite his hand. Somehow he resisted, and settled instead for running up the tree as soon as his tail was released. It was too far to the next tree though, so rather than jump to freedom, he was forced to listen as the luperci criticized him once again. In his defense, he usually was more alert of his surroundings. The luperci's scars were impressive though, and he had to give the guy props for surviving something like that. He wasn't going to say that out loud though. He hadn't said anything since being released, but he wanted to change that now.

"Well mister jingly scar man, I hardly think it's any of your business to know my past, but it would be awfully boring to sit here staring at each other so I'll amuse you." The luperci sure knew how to ask invasive questions. Once he started talking though, he realized that now that he was safe, he didn't really have much anger left to fuel his argument. He continued on anyway. "Where I grew up all the foxes knew "wolf" speech. It was our speech too, and the coyotes. I haven't met any coyotes here though. Do they speak "wolf"? He managed to put some hate into the word "wolf", but other than that his answer was lame and unexciting. He improved a little with his next comeback. "You're hardly a wolf anyway, luperci. Wolves have more class and are kinder. A wolf would never skin something alive." He narrowed his eyes at the luperci, happy he was out of reach. Unless he climbed trees. That would be just awesome.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
You can smack me for how long I took to respond. +3

Bangle's expectations did not fall short, for the "Foxtail" was up a tree and out of the coywolf's reach once it was set free. The male grinned in amusement, standing up once more and looking up at the critter. Foxtail had snapped back at him, but it didn't wipe the smile off Bangle's face. "..but it would be awfully boring to sit here staring at each other so I'll amuse you." From the sound of the creatures voice, it looked like it was story time, so the red and gray furred male leaned up against the tree that the fox climbed up. Sure, Bangle could've easily climbed the tree to chase after the little fox, but he wasn't in much a mood to, now. Crossing his arms, the coywolf patiently listened to the creature's tale. The traveler then heard that all foxes had the ability to speak the language of the wolves, and his brow cocked for a mere second.

"I haven't met any coyotes here though. Do they speak 'wolf'?" Bangle turned his head upwards to see the fox staring down at him, and a smirk lit up his face. "Lil' Foxtail, yer lookin' at one," he began, uncrossing his arms and reaching for something inside a fur pouch that was attached along his chest. "I'm only part wolf. 'N hey, a traveler's gotta do what a traveler's gotta do t' survive." It was true, for the most part. Bangle found it somewhat amusing that others looked at him strangely when he wore fur that wasn't his own. But when the coywolf discovered that there was much more he could do than just kill a creature to eat, he never looked back.

The male's fingers finally found what they were looking for, and he pulled half a shrew from the bag. Holding it, he tossed it from palm to palm a couple of times. Then he held it up to the creature above him, looking out into the expanse of forest beyond. "Perhaps, then, this non-classy traveler can offer ya some lunch? Fer, y'know, the trouble." Bangle couldn't help but let a chuckle escape his white-striped throat, still slightly wishing he had himself a fresh new tail.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Herpadurp (read: Sorry DSmile.

Seyonne was truly surprised to hear that this luperci was a coyote. He realized again and again that he knew very little about this land. And he even managed to flaunt his stupidity as well. "Well. I assumed that only wolves could be luperci." He sniffed, pride hurt, and watched warily as the luperci dug around in his bag. "I'm a traveler just like you, but it never occurred to me to do more than kill what I need. Maybe it makes you smarter than me to think of torturing your prey, but I think it merely means you've let your wandering ways make you savage. That's weakness in my mind." He watched warily as Jingly Man finally pulled something from the bag. A shrew. A half eaten one.

Stunned, Seyonne just sat there for a moment. He finally barked out a laugh, and shook his head vigorously. "Oh, no no." Another bark of laughter. "I do not require your leftovers, and half a shrew would do little to redeem yourself anyways." He calmed his laughter and stared down solemnly at Mr. Jingle. "I was just digesting two mice I had caught myself when you plucked me up." The thought of accepting food from anyone was horrendous to him, much less food from someone who just tried to skin him. He was competent, despite his lack of general knowledge. He had enough smarts, usually, to make it through the day. Today was certainly interesting, as it was the first day he ever stared death in the face. Now death offered to make him fat. A fat fox with healthy fur would probably be worth more if skinned. He suddenly though of something. "What is your name, anyway?" One should always know the name of their enemy. Made gaining information, should one seek it, easier down the line. If nothing else it was good to know the name just so if brought up later you knew who was being talked about.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
525 words. Herpderp. I didn't think it was my turn XD.

Ears twitched as he listened to the fox above him speak about Luperci. For a small creature who wasn't exactly on the top of the food chain, it seemed to know a lot. Bangle barked out a quick laugh, looking at the shadows that played on the forest floor. "Then y' haven't seen many, there's plenty of 'em," he said, waving one free hand in the air for a moment. But then, as an added measure: "Then again, if I was as small as yeh, I wouldn't go lookin' for any," a grin finished off his sentence. The coywolf was sure the gray fox was irked at him now. But if the traveler really wanted to, he could have climbed the tree and grabbed the fox for its tail.

As mothers always say, 'don't play with your food'. Though the coywolf didn't think that food could talk. Did all small creatures, like the fox above him, speak the language of wolves? Bangle really didn't want to know, or else there would be an abundance of prey and not enough predators. The fox was right about one thing, Bangle did have fun bringing prey down, but nothing ever went to waste with an animal he killed. So maybe he was some sort of 'savage', but the coywolf didn't like to think of it that way. He simply seized opportunities and found no reason to waste what he didn't need to - simply because others did.

Large ears swiveled when the fox squeaked out what was deemed a laugh. When the little creature didn't take his offer, Bangle lowered his arm that carried the snack. Bright orange eyes examined it for a moment, before taking a bite out of it, like one would an apple. He chewed in silence, swallowed, then tossed the rest of the carcass away from sight. Then, he pushed his body away from the tree, placing his hands on his hips as he looked up inquisitively at the fox still clinging to the tree trunk. "C'mon now, Foxtail, y' should consider it a compliment! It's a mighty nice tail," the coywolf said, trying to look on the positive side of the situation.

His eyebrow quirked, forgetting his own manners when the fox asked for the name of its hunter. "Bangle's th' name!" He said, grinning from ear to ear. "Do you critters 'ave names, too?" The male had to ask, for he didn't know until recently that things he hunted, ate, and skinned had the ability to speak his language. He'd definitely have to find out from Skye, or any other wolf that took the time to read books humans left behind. The craftsman watched as the fox still dug its claws into the tree, and rolled his eyes briefly. "Ya know, you can come down. I ain't gonna skin somethin' I know has a name.. n' possibly a lady Foxtail and lil' ones skitterin' around." The tone of his voice was laced with somewhat of an inflection, trying to find out more about this strange creature with beautiful fur. What a darn shame, it would've made a great addition to his collection.
[/html]