life ends but no one ever completes it.
[html]

Word Count :: 375 Hi, I suck. :/ If you are too busy for this thread, miss Sunny, someone else can nab. ;O

It was a long way from Inferni where the silver-shaded coyote was. Kaena had spend a few days walking here, purposefully keeping herself to a leisurely pace and taking ample time to hunt and rest in the evenings. She did not usually venture far from her home; the scarred Centurion rarely had a reason to visit any of the other packs. Rikka no longer resided in Cour des Miracles, and Naniko was no longer in Phoenix Valley. She would have liked to visit Dawali more often, but it was an even longer journey than the one she had just made. Dahlia's territory complicated things, of course -- she had to nearly pass Halifax to avoid their borders, which was an annoyance in itself; however, the silver-shaded woman did not mind it so much that she would actually ask Dahlia de Mai for passage through their territory. Conor was a sight saner than his father, but she still could not trust him entirely, even if he had acted as he said in the war and listened to her. She was not convinced that blood was bad, but it would have been difficult to question her fear after what the elder Soul had done to the scarred woman.

Sepirah had been the one to tell Kaena of the new pack -- coastal and beyond Dahlia de Mai, and devoted to the arts. Beyond this, the old woman had heard nothing of this Cercatori place, and she wished to investigate it herself. The very fact that her granddaughter, half-jackal and mostly coyote mutt, had been offered a place in their ranks, spoke volumes to the Centurion. They were friendly toward coyotes, at least -- that meant something to Kaena, and she wished to find out just how friendly they were. When the hybrid reached the borders, she lifted her muzzle and yowled a coyote's howl to the leaders. It was nothing demanding, of course -- she was not so brash as to head to a stranger's packlands and demand a leader, but it requested them, nonetheless, and spoke of patience. She was willing to wait, days if she had to -- it had been a long trek here, and she did not wish to have to come back later.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }

.sie-blanktext .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;
margin-bottom:10px; }

.sie-blanktext p {
text-indent: 25px;
margin:0px;
padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext b {
letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: mine! -clings to thread-

It had been two days since the strange but funny meeting with Bangle, and Skye couldn't stop thinking about it - and him. There was something strange about him - well, that wasn't too hard to figure out, but that wasn't exactly what she meant. She liked him a lot - he was a good member and loved to make his crafts, the very thing Cercatori d'Arte was based on. She was lost in her thoughts about him until a howl reached her ears.

That was strange - it was different than the low keening of a wolf, and Skye thought it may be a jackal or a coyote. Another coyote! Skye shook her head and walked to the border near to where she thought this new one might be, all the time scolding herself. She shouldn't be upset because a few coyote's she'd met were a bit...rude. Besides, everyone was different - the black man Larkspur was a wolf through and through, and that didn't make him any more comfortable to be around.

On the very outskirts was a silvery-red tinted coyote. She had a red stripe running from her nose to the middle of her eyes, which were a yellow-golden hue. "Hello, I'm Skye, the co-leader of Cercatori d'Arte. How may I help you?"

<style>
.flowerskye p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.flowerskye b {color:#1F356B; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.flowerskye-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 5px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:290px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #1944D2;}
.flowerskye {width:514px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5311/flowersk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1F356B; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #B1CCED; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8CBBFC; min-height:320px;}
.flowerskye-border {width:516px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 371 Eeee. :3 Assumed Skye was Optime!

The silver-shaded woman was not generally one to act as a diplomat. Inferni rarely had needs for such things, anyway -- they preferred to keep to themselves, and even when the looming threat of their closest neighbor had roared to life with Haku Soul, they had waited to strike, leaving themselves defending and retaliating. Maybe it was her scarred face that made her a poor choice for the job, but the Centurion was relatively calm -- she did not think most wolves were the way they had been when she was young anymore, truly. She might have played up such an ideal in the right company, but that belief had been shaken years earlier, and maybe it had finally shattered.

It was not to say wolves had not done terrible things to her -- Haku certain had, and many wolves before him. The silvery coyote, however, could not discount that the vast majority of them simply sought to stay out of trouble, much like Inferni. One or two rotten and terrible individuals did not make an entire species awful. It was not long before the old coyote detected the sounds of an approach, and her sable-shaded ears, one of them still whole and the other a tattered remnant, perked toward the noise, her one remaining eye peering through the thick trees to detect the stranger. Before long, a pale, cream-yellow figure emerged, two-legged and decorated in clothing.

Her own short Lupus form certainly posed no threat, but as the woman came closer, the hybrid offered a respectful tip of her head, angling it toward the ground. It was quick and it was certainly no bow, but it was a gesture of respect nonetheless. “Kaena Lykoi of Inferni. It's good to meet you -- I heard a rumor about a new pack, and I wanted to see for myself,” she explained, quickly. With hardly a pause, she continued: “I also heard my granddaughter, Sepirah, was offered residence in the pack, and I took it to mean Cercatori was friendly toward coyotes.” It was more than she usually spoke, but this meeting was primarily about business -- an official first contact, of sorts. To her knowledge, Gabriel had not sought this pack out.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {

.sie-blanktext .ooc {

.sie-blanktext p {

.sie-blanktext b {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: sorry for the wait! D: and yeah, she's in Optime :3

“Kaena Lykoi of Inferni. It's good to meet you -- I heard a rumor about a new pack, and I wanted to see for myself.”

Skye nodded in understanding. It seemed that a lot of the leaders around the area of Souls were curious about the strange new pack that had so suddenly landed in their midst. It was no wonder, either; Skye herself would be curious and interested if a new pack had been created after what seemed to be two years of continuity. And her hunch was right, it seemed; Kaena was of Inferni, but she seemed nice and polite, rather than the other coyote she'd encountered. She listened as Kaena went on.

“I also heard my granddaughter, Sepirah, was offered residence in the pack, and I took it to mean Cercatori was friendly toward coyotes.”

"We did offer Sepirah a rank," Skye said, surprised that this coyote was the black coyote's grandmother. She didn't seem all that old, although if that was due to her lean body and in-shape state or the lack of oldness in the coyote, Skye didn't know. "And we're friendly towards everyone, as everyone is capable of the greatness and wonder that is art." Skye was proud of Cercatori d'Arte's fondness of art and creation, and wanted to display that to the world. Not entirely sure what to say next, Skye tried to jab at small talk. "Is Inferni doing well?" she asked friendly.

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
­[html]

I am slooow. ;~;

The silver-shaded coyote had not known any new packs to spring to existence in her time here -- perhaps Cour des Miracles, but she could not clearly recall if they had existed before or after she had returned to Inferni. In either case, they had been there as long as she could remember, and according to some, they were the newest pack of the region. This one was an object of curiosity, then -- the old coyote did not often trek to this end of the peninsula. It was a tiresome journey, and the scarred woman did not enjoy traveling alone nearly as much as she used to. It was this knowledge that led her to believe she would truly die in Inferni this time. She was too old to make it anywhere else, and she was far too proud to go to any of these packs that would recognize the Infernian scent upon her. There was something comforting and frightening at the thought of dying in what had been her only true home.

“Art? I didn't know Sepirah had any artistic leanings... I don't think I do, myself,” she said, smiling awkwardly. Her only talent had been the ability to carve herself a name into the flesh of others, and this talent had faded with her youth and vigor. Now it was a suicidal pursuit, and one she would no longer engage in unless protecting clan and family. “Mmm, to some extent. One of my daughters has disappeared, but I think maybe she wanted to disappear. Not sure whether it's quite good or bad for Inferni,” the hybrid said. This was a guarded piece of information, but honest nonetheless -- the hybrid woman did not yet know this Skye woman, and though she wished to establish her clan and this pack on decent terms, there was the ever-present wariness of wolves within her.

“And your pack -- Cercatori D'Arte, you said it was? -- how are you settling in here? Good piece of territory,” the hybrid commented. The forested lands of Ethereal Eclipse contained quite a bit of prey, and she did not know what other secrets the pack's territory held in its deeper portions.

Word Count :: 366

<style>
.sie-blanktextdos {
font-family:'book antiqua', 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:.5px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 25px; width:98%; margin:0px auto; }

.sie-blanktextdos .ooc, .sie-blanktextdos .wc {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px; }

.sie-blanktextdos .wc {
text-align:right; }

.sie-blanktextdos .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }

.sie-blanktextdos p {
text-indent: 35px;
padding:5px 0px; }

.sie-blanktextdos b {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: so am i xD

“Art? I didn't know Sepirah had any artistic leanings... I don't think I do, myself.”

Skye thought back to the black jackal and thought for a moment. She didn't seem to have any artistic learnings; but that didn't really matter in Cercatori d'Arte. "I don't think so, either, but Cercatori accepts those even without artistic skills," she said. It was true; after all, her pack would soon diminish if they refused everyone who didn't have a skill in the arts.

“Mmm, to some extent. One of my daughters has disappeared, but I think maybe she wanted to disappear. Not sure whether it's quite good or bad for Inferni.”

Skye didn't know quite what to say. She never had a family member disappear before; when she'd left her home, it had been quite known in the household, and she was sure her parents were still living happily in the mountains. She didn't have any other family she knew of, but she knew it must be distressing to have someone jst disappear. Someone you cared about. "I'm sorry," she said. "I wish her and your pack the best." She wondered if she'd misjudged Inferni; aside from the rude coyote that had visited her here, Sepirah and Kaena seemed friendly, if not completely amiable, and perhaps they had good reason for putting skulls on their borders. She didn't think it was a good idea - and would be completely against it if Cercatori d'Arte started doing the same thing - but it wasn't her pack, Inferni, anyway.

“And your pack -- Cercatori D'Arte, you said it was? -- how are you settling in here? Good piece of territory.”

"We're settling excellently," Skye said happily. "Our territory has sufficient prey, and we're steadily gaining members. And I don't know much about our neighboring packs, but they haven't shown any hostility so far." She had only really met Dawali and Anu, from AniWaya and Crimson Dreams, respectively, and they were quite friendly. Dawali had even hinted at a possible alliance. She wasn't sure who the other leaders were, however, but they haven't shown any malevolent feelings towards Cercatori d'Arte, and she hoped they never did.

<style>
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 342

“Ah. Over in Inferni, we only take canines of a quarter coyote or more,” the hybrid said, rolling her shoulder in a shrug. Sometimes the scarred woman wondered if such a policy was even necessary -- so few wolves wished to walk amongst them anyway, it would seem as if it was a measure in futility. They had never turned away a wolf at their door -- none had ever come to it in the first place. “To each their own, of course,” she added after a moment, a yellow-toothed smile appearing on her muzzle for a moment. If Inferni's policies spoke for their general attitude, the silver-shaded woman would not have been on this new pack's borderland seeking to learn about them -- they had come quite a long way from the way things used to be, and Kaena knew now this was an improvement. They would never be fully accepted by the wolves, she thought, but they would at least make things better for themselves by not starting trouble with the packs.

“Thank you,” she said, her head tipping toward the earth for just an instant, added humility to the thanks. Interested, the scarred hybrid listened as Skye described the territory and their relation with the neighboring packs, nodding her head in understanding every few moments. “Dahlia de Mai had a reputation, but that was their last alpha. His son's much more level-headed,” the silver-shaded hybrid offered. “Dawali of Aniwaya, he's one of the good ones. Cour des Miracles has always been friendly to Inferni. Good people that way,” she said, assessing most of the neighborhood in a few sentences. “Inferni had trouble with Phoenix Valley in the past, but their alpha -- Jefferson,” she said, hesitating a moment. “Saved my sorry hide, he did,” she finished. I owe them one,” she added, another yellow-toothed grin splitting across her muzzle, though it held its discomfort, as well. Kaena did not like feeling as though she owed wolves, and in her estimation, she owed Jefferson and Phoenix Valley a big one.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {

.sie-blanktext .ooc {

.sie-blanktext p {

.sie-blanktext b {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc: 442

Skye nodded as Kaena said that Inferni only accepted people that were coyotes, or at least one-fourth coyote; she had been to Inferni and had only seen coyotes and jackals and other ones like that, and assumed that the wolf skulls spiked on their borders were out of dislike for the species. And she supposed that there may be a reason for that, or there may not. She watched as the Inferni woman shrugged, guessing that she didn't know why the practice had been put there in the first place, and that it was either for a reason everyone forgot or that the founder of Inferni hadn't liked wolves. Skye wondered that if she had had a grudge against a species, if she would have banned them from joining Cercatori d'Arte. Shawchert wouldn't have let her, she decided. To each their own indeed.

Skye accepted Kaena's thanks without a word; she didn't want to stretch the conversation in that way any further. Instead she listened to her description of the other packs intently, determined to gleam as much information as she could about her new neighbors. She was sure to take it all with a grain of salt, but she did like Kaena so far, no matter how much she disliked Inferni's borders or that strange coyote that had insulted her and her pack before.

She listened as Kaena gave descriptions of most of the packs - AniWaya was friendly, she had already decided from Dawali's introduction and manners. She had met Saul from Dahlia de Mai, and he was nice enough, so she decided that they were alright too - although she didn't like the sound of the 'reputation' bit. Cour des Miracles? Never heard of it. And Phoenix Valley...was right near Halifax, she believed. She would keep an eye out for this Jefferson person if she ever went that way.

"I met Dawali, and that's about it," she said. "I need to start meeting the other leaders...Or, I need to get Shaw to do it," she said, snickering. "Do you know who the leader is of Inferni?" she asked the woman. She was from Inferni, so she must know. She shook her head. "Souls is an interesting place."

And it was - there were so many packs, so many different kinds of people, although most seemed quite friendly. So many different leaders and people she had to meet - so many different things out in the world, and she felt as though she couldn't do it all in her lifetime, see it all, hear it all...It was so overwhelming!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 288

The silver-shaded coyote was glad this pack had settled rather far from her own clan borders. It was not that Skye had made a poor impression on the old coyote, far from it, but she did not want any wolves settling closer to Inferni than they had to. The clan had only encountered trouble with its two closest neighbors, and yet they maintained comparatively decent relations with their more distant neighbors. There was no outright friendliness between the coyote clan and the other packs, in Kaena's estimation, but there was certainly tolerance and some degree of understanding. She had been able to be friendly with Dawali, after all, and despite his paternal heritage, she did not think terribly of Conor. He had acted right in the war, at least.

“Oh, yes. My son, Gabriel de le Poer. He's the Aquila, leader,” she said. She assumed Shaw was the other leader; the nickname was in passing, of course, and would likely fade from her memory quickly. Some found it odd that her son led while she was the subleader, but the silver-shaded coyote had not been question on the matter in a long time. She would happily divulge that she had departed the clan once upon a time and Gabriel had been the one to keep Inferni alive while she had failed at leadership twice herself. “You know about the fire? The place before this one?” the scarred hybrid inquired. Many still remembered it, but it was not a common subject -- life went on no matter where it was, and in the grand scheme the silver-shaded coyote supposed it was only interesting as old history, irrelevant and mostly useless. Still, old and irrelevant history was something she prized.

<style type="text/css">
.kaena-x01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px; }
.kaena-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kaena-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kaena-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... aenax1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.skyecollins b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e30; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skyecollins .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8D5122;}
.skyecollins p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyecollins {width:400px;border:1px solid #1f150d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... w/skye.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:235px;background-color:#4e3521;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#1f150d;}
</style>

wc: 300 wow! exactly 300 words! 8D

"Oh! Congratulations," she said, although as soon as she said it, she didn't know why. Maybe because her son had grown up to be the leader of the pack, and she imagined that was no small feat for the boy - to get the leaders to trust you enough, then to prove your loyalty and climb the ladder of the ranks? Skye didn't really get her position the traditional way - she and Shaw had created the pack, and it had sort of worked out like that. She did know that any leaders after her and the red male, however, would have to earn it - like Kaena's son had.

She briefly wondered if Kaena herself has ever climbed the ladder as well, but didn't get to be leader or didn't want to. She knew that if one didn't want to be leader, she or he most certainly didn't have to - they could choose to not be the leader. Skye remembered when she'd lollop around the mountainside, playing around - she never dreamed she'd be part of a pack then, much less one of the leaders. And now she was a leader and glad of it, although she could respect that some others may not have wanted to be.

Then Kaena mentioned a fire. A fire? She hadn't known there was a fire in the Souls area. "I do not," she said uncertainly. "There was a fire? And a place before Nova Scotia?" Skye wasn't aware that the packs had been somewhere else before - she thought they had always been here. She supposed she was wrong...and undoubtedly the fire had occurred before her time at Souls. Otherwise she would have known about it - maybe even the fire occurred before she was born!

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 409 :: Herperderper, you want wrap up or OOC cap after this, s'fine. I took forever and I suck, I amz sorry. ;~~~~; <3

“Thank you,” the coyote said, a genuine smile on her russet-splashed muzzle. “He makes me proud, though I don't think he likes to hear it at this point in his life.” The old woman had no doubt that her son was the most successful of any Inferni leader -- all others before him, herself included, had failed the clan in some way or another. Its former leaders had their strengths, no dobut, but none had lasted as long as Gabriel, and in Kaena's opinion none had done so much for the clan as he had -- without his actions, after all, they would be smoke and ash with the rest of the old packs.

“Yes, well,” the hybrid said, shifting her weight. It was a story she enjoyed, but a lengthy one -- she did not want to bore the cream-shaded woman with details that were not truly relevant to her pack. The silver-shaded woman knew, however, that some who remembered the old lands and the old ways could still be found -- some were still making their way back. Kesho was proof of that, after all -- the old man had not lived in Inferni for what seemed like half a decade, and yet he had come back to them.

“Inferni and a few other packs were located up north, above Halcyon Mountain. Inferni was founded there, as the other packs were, too -- then, there was a fire, and most of the wolf packs dissolved. Inferni was the only one of the old packs to make it back, but many individual wolves and other canines survived the fires themselves, moved south, and started new packs,” the hybrid said. “Is Nova Scotia the proper name for this place? What the humans called it, I mean” the woman asked hesitantly. She had not heard this term before -- others had referred to the place as Bleeding Souls or 'Souls, but she never quite knew that those names were fitting, nor did she know their origin.

“Never been much of a reader,” she confessed. She was capable of it, but it was a difficult task, and it generally took her some time to complete the pages, unless they were printed in extremely simple, large text -- even then, with the occasional unfamiliar word, she could find herself stumped, having no idea how to figure out from context clues the definition of the word. It was a task she usually avoided.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]