no prayer i could say
[html]

Word Count :: 419 Anathema-potential-people-things. Yesss. Don't care how many!

In the days since his mother had returned, Harlowe had not returned to Dahlia de Mai. Their scent was fading from his coat fast, replaced by the many scents of these new wolves, this new pack. Harlowe did not care about any of them at first, not even this grand extended family that echoed old like Larkspur did -- the only thing that mattered in his mind was the return of his mother. She had come back to him, and he was only elated at first. When this initial high had worn, however, the tawny youth felt a sickening rise of bitterness within him. She hadn't returned alone -- there was a brother, a younger one. The chocolate-patched youth found himself jealous of this child. He had never felt this way about his sisters (and he honestly missed them, even Rio), but there it was, plain as day.

The olive-eyed youth wandered beyond the edges of their temporary encampment, or what it seemed to be, anyway. For the most part, everyone was milling around, trying to get organized. Harlowe had no part in any of it; he had spent the first three days following Naniko around endlessly, and the past two days had been spent sulking around on the edges of their camp, avoiding interaction with everyone. That was when the jealousy had struck him, and that was when all the bad feelings that had evaporated at his mother's return came back to him. He had done something awful to his sister. He had tried to do something awful to the gray stranger, and he would have done something awful to the black and white stranger, if only his body had cooperated. His own body had betrayed him!

He had not dared attempt so much as self-pleasure since that instance, for he was too fearful of what might happen. Instead, he contemplated it endlessly, which only snowballed his general anxiety until he was a tense, terse mess of nerves and aggression. Her return was supposed to make everything better, everything! This simply was not fair, and Harlowe was beyond upset that his mother had not acted as the soothing panacea for his every ailment. Digging his claws sharply into the grass, he scribbled nearly illegible thoughts into his notebook, his pen tearing across the page at breakneck speed until his writing became nothing more than scratching lines into the page. He tore it out and threw it, suppressing a howl of rage until it became a choked, whimpering growl.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }

.sie-blanktext .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;
margin-bottom:10px; }

.sie-blanktext p {
text-indent: 25px;
margin:0px;
padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext b {
letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Nuki; Yay! Family!; 509 words

Sele had only been told about her sister's older children but had never actually met them. Then again it wasn't as if she was in the area to meet them. She had lived in the old area for a short period of time before having moved on. She had heard tale of her father having gone in a certain direction and had taken off that way. It was from there that she had ended up in the cult where she had lived until its demise. Perhaps it would seem strange to some that someone such as her, such as the happy go lucky little girl that she had been, could fit into and feel safe in place that many relate to dark connotations. But she had started out life with a mother suffering from dementia that had babbled about things there weren't to be seen. After that it had been easy to believe the teachings of the cult. Easy to believe that if she did the things they said to protect herself that she wouldn't suffer as her mother had.

The girl walked on her hands to where she found the male hanging around the outskirts. Some may ask why she didn't just shift and walk on all fours or just crawl instead. Well, crawling hurt her knees and she really lacked talent in shifting. It exhausted her and took her days to recover after a shift. So it really wasn't worth the effort when she still maintained mobility even if it wasn't the same as everyone else. But since when were any of them particularly normal?

Little Juju, that had been following along easily at his mother's pace for she had been moving slowly enough to keep up, darted forward to try and pounce on the other male's tail but ended up tripping over his feet as he moved quicker and stumbled into a roll on the ground. When Sele got close she finally dropped her feet to the ground so that she could sit. She reached out to pick up Juju and place the pup on her lap. She laid the young male onto his back and rubbed at his belly to get him to settle down.

"You are one of Nani's children? How old are you?" Sele kept her distance, allowing the other to keep his space. She was still slightly wary but figured that she could trust him since he was family. If he was Nani's then he had to be okay, right? "Your mother would talk about you. I'm Selene, Nani is my older sister." She smiled a bit, trying to think of something else to say. She felt really awkward introducing herself to family. "I have a son and daughter that look to be about your age. My daughter, Demi, is here but I don't know where my son is. It's been about a month or so since I've seen him." She wasn't sure what else to say. She was trying to make him feel better but she felt like she was failing.

<style type="text/css">
.Selene-Snow01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#310207; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Selene-Snow01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Selene-Snow01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Selene-Snow01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#F9FDFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... e_Snow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ello

Demi blissfully hummed along as she strolled along the grounds of their *great endeavor*. So far the little goddess wasn’t sure what to make of it, or whether it would be worth anything but as far as she knew… None of the other packs around here would allow her to practice her more questionable arts without some form of punishment. Good with the bad she thought absently. Today she was sober, clear mind and head. This along with the clothes she had found in Halifax meant she was experimenting yet again, which outfits got the most eyebrows. Normally she didn’t wear clothing at all. Like her natural coloring to much to hide it under garments but today she had decided to wear a dress. This dress was simple enough, had flowers on it and clearly meant for summer months but to her it was enough. Anymore and she’d rip it to shreds.

The mad doctor finally picked up on a scent as her ears flicked with interest. Maybe someone who wasn’t in the pack, maybe a new play toy to claim. A smirk crossed her lips but left as she identified it as her mother and the weakling little boy she had watched the day she had arrived. A hand reached up to scratch her temple for a moment before framing her jaw in thought. If only he wasn’t Nani’s son, she would have played with him, could have either really taken his mental state right off the cliff or helped him. Demi wasn’t quite sure which option would have been more fun but it didn’t really matter as she shook her head in disgust. No for now she would have to play nice with the newer people, not let them get a look at her darker side. Much easier to hide the foul thoughts that danced across her mind when people thought of her as a crazy/gentle genius, then again she was the pack healer. For a moment a terrible little thought cooed through her head, oh to heal him she thought, could be fun.

So her small little petite feet carried her toward the small gathering. The strides she made slow and deliberate as her form walked up on the three of them? Demi hadn’t noticed another with mother until now, was it her new brother? Oh how fun this might be, maybe he’d grow up like Ouija, big and strong and fun to team up with. The games Ouija and her had played out on any helpless soul where nothing but despicable, and she had enjoyed every little second of it. The thoughts of all those past nights sent a chill through her body, as her body responded to such pleasurable memories. But as quickly as she allowed herself the privilege she stopped before walking up to her mother. Selene had been pregnant back in the old pack, she knew this, but with everything that had happened she hadn’t been able to see her new brother.

“Is this my new brother?” she asked as she sat down next to her mother.

<style type="text/css">
.demi_rottap .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#000000}
.demi_rottap .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#dcc34e}
.demi_rottap b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec5145; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000;}
.demi_rottap {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#d87837; background-image:url(http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9306/demirotap.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #461907; padding: 0px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#916e5e; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 461 Hahar, Harlowe is so dummmb.

He was aware there were others all around -- the youth hadn't really had any time totally to himself, which had been alright for the first few days, but now was beginning to grate on his nerves. He wanted to find his own space somewhere, somewhere, where he could rid himself of these awful goddamn thoughts. Even so, the chocolate-tinted werewolf knew how badly he had wanted this. These were the sorts of people Larkspur talked about, the mystery of his mother's past. He was certain he would find whatever it was he needed here, and he was determined to make that work. So as the mother and child bounded toward him, Harlowe did not flinch away, but he turned toward them and placed on his mouth an awkward smile, unchanging as the puppy fell.

“Yes. I was born last year in the fall -- one year and three months,” he explained. “What did she say about me?” he asked, honestly curious -- the youth did not think his mother cared very much about him right now. He failed to see her preoccupation with the Anathema pack's set-up, and he was convinced her lack of attention was due to some fault of his own. He had plenty of reason to think it was his fault, after all -- he had done some pretty awful things in her absence.

“That would make you my aunt, and this is my cousin, then,” he said, knowing the words for this. It was disappointing -- he had aunts and cousins on his father's side; he wanted grand-aunts and grand-parents and everyone who might know the history of his blood. He did not discount that Selene would know something, however, and he rolled his shoulder in a shrug. “Larkspur is the only other one I know of here,” he said, uncertainly. Larkspur was the only one he had not seen within Anathema, anyway.

As another canine meandered toward them, Harlowe was taken by her appearance -- there was some sort of flowy, lovely garmet about her body. Harlowe had seemingly forgotten about the incident in the library with the woman who wore a similar outfit; this time, he found it a rather nice look, and his olive-shaded eyes followed the stranger as she walked forward. She was petite and, although not entirely pale-shaded as he seemed to prefer, light of fur. As the woman settled down, she spoke, and shame flooded through the pale boy -- this was his cousin, then? He shut his notebook, packing it away into his bag, and took a second to regain his composure, turning back toward the pair with another awkward smile. “It's good to be here with everyone. I didn't know I had such a vast family,” he said.

<style>
.harlowe-tree-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-tree p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-tree b {color:#191F13; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/harlowe/harlowe_tree.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Brooootherrrrr like meeeeeeee! 300+

A tiny black streak appeared out of nowhere as little Scorpius tore across the wilderness, barreling towards the small gathering. According to his sources, Juju had gone this way! He had it on good authority, seeing that his ‘sources’ were his left and right nostril. His tongue lolled out of the side of his mouth and spittle dripped off as he sprinted at full puppy speed, whizzing past Demi and up to Aunt Selene. He was just about to pounce Juju, Selene, and all when Harlowe caught his eye and he skid to a stop.

For a moment he just stood there, tail wagging as he looked back and forth between Harlowe and Juju, deciding which one was the more interesting prospect. Juju looked rather busy there being comforted by the females, and that would be a fun moment to break up! But the seal point man was all sorts of more fascinating... compared to him, Juju was just a chew toy.

Scorpius always got a strange feeling from the man, something he had never known before or could identify. He was used to the loving, motherly care he received from both Nani, his own mother, and Aunt Sele, Juju’s mother, but Harlowe was different. The man was not interested in watching him or Juju when Naniko or Selene were busy – or maybe the situation had not come up yet, but Scorpius never spent any time with him. Most of all, there was always a peculiar glean in Harlowe’s eye whenever Scorpius noticed him looking at him, but the pup was too young to puzzle what it could be.

...still, Juju’s ears looked mighty edible right now...

With a snort, Scorpius turned away from Juju and the women and trotted up to Harlowe. He dropped his haunches, planting himself right in front of the slender man and staring up into his face with a childish grin. “Hi, Harlowe! What’s a larkspur?”

<style type="text/css">
.scorpiusskullfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3700; letter-spacing:1px; }
.scorpiusskullfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.scorpiusskullfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.scorpiusskullfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1B0601; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/nog9b7.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FF7F00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Nuki; Sorry, it's been unusually cold where I am at (enough to actually get snow) and I'm anemic so I can't keep body heat so I've been freezing lately and unable to feel my fingers and toes; 505 words

This was the first time that she got to actually look at her sister's boy. Nani already knew of Sele's own children seeing as they had grown up in the cult while Nani had been there. But all she knew of Nani's older children were what she had been told. So much time had passed. So many changes over the years. There were times when Sele felt much older than she was. But one demise after another did that to a person. She had her own demons though she did well in hiding them. But she still had her moments when she was overwhelmed and could no longer carry that happy face. Could no longer pretend that nothing had happened. Like the nights when she would cry herself to sleep.

She smiled as she seemed to have caught the other's interest. That perhaps she was no longer imposing since she had a tidbit of information that he wanted to hear. "She told me that she had children. That she missed you. She does care for you. For you and your siblings. She has missed you. A mother could never forget her children. She's had her own things to deal with. Do you know that her mother left her? Both of her parents just left one day." It seemed that abandonment just ran in the family. Were they all just destined to leave behind their children to find themselves? it seemed something a a tradition.

She nodded her head at the terminology that was spoken. "Yes, this is Juju." She wasn't certain if he had heard that name yet or not. Or if he even really cared. "You know you have an aunt your mother's age, correct? And I have a brother born the same time as me so you have an uncle somewhere." There seemed to be family spread about everywhere. Of course Sele only knew of a select few. "I don't know of Larkspur. The only ones that I remember when I used to live around the area are Poe and Misery, besides your mother of course, though I don't know what happened to those two." She really wasn't much help at all when all she could do was to name names.

She looked up when Demi had come over and sat down. Sele's small family was almost complete. She only needed her older son around. But she had no idea if he was even alive. There had been so much commotion when they had left. There were many that hadn't been found as a result. She nodded her head at Demi's question. "Yes, Juju." And just as soon as she had spoke up another ball of fur had decided to show up. "What are you doing Scorpius?" She asked the pup as he stood in his indecisive moment. But then he finally seemed to make up his mind and head over to Harlowe. She watched him and handed Juju over to Demi for her to get a closer look at her baby brother.

<style type="text/css">
.Selene-Snow01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Selene-Snow01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#F9FDFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... e_Snow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#505050; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry lost my muse for the thread. You guys however can continue Smile be easier to keep it going with one less person as well

The little vixen gave Harlow a questioning look as she just stood by listening to the conversation, before it was interrupted by her new cousin. Apparently Juju was his plaything and she only frowned as she watched the interaction between the two of them before growing bored enough to think of walking off. She had little to converse with these children and adults, except for her mother and that could wait, they needed to talk about Ouija and where he might be. Mother was with a new child and she didn’t want her leaving, however it wouldn’t stop demi if she needed too.

A soft smile was given to everyone before she bowed “Sorry to leave so soon, but I have many other things to get to. I do however need to talk to you later mom” she added at the end, making sure her intention was clear. There were things that only the two of them needed to discuss. Her brother was missing and she wanted to find him. Knowing how much her mother missed him pained her as well and it would be better for the both of them if he was found.

<style type="text/css">
.demi_rottap .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#000000}
.demi_rottap .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:14px; padding:11px; color:#dcc34e}
.demi_rottap b {font-weight:bold; color:#ec5145; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000;}
.demi_rottap {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#d87837; background-image:url(http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9306/demirotap.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #461907; padding: 0px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#916e5e; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 426 derp!

The pale-furred child youth was fascinated by what the woman had to say -- Harlowe did not know much about his own mother. She had never spoken extensively at family, and the boy did not understand the tumultuous time in which he'd been born. He knew nothing of Twilight Vale and Crimson Dreams, let alone the things before -- Chimera was a foreign word in its entirety to the boy, yet it was the place his mother had been born and lived. “I didn't understand why she left,” he confessed quietly, peering to the ground.

“But more than anything I am happy she has returned here. I am happy to be with her again,” the boy said, though the flatness of his tone might have indicated otherwise. This was merely Harlowe's manner of speaking, however. “Larkspur told me a little bit about this family. There are so many of us,” he said, sounding genuinely impressed. “Where did we all come from?” he wondered aloud. There was a rare comfort with this woman -- perhaps it was her similarity to his mother in appearance, but Harlowe had become far more comfortable around her than he usually did in such a short span of time.

A sound interrupted them, and Harlowe looked aorund in bewilderment in time to catch the coal-streaked form of his brother barrelling toward their gathering. He came to a stop and peered straight at Harlowe himself, who blankly returned the boy's reddish gaze. There was no similarity to Naniko in the youth, and so Harlowe was indifferent to the sable-shaded puppy. He would have gone back to speaking with the adults had the boy not made himself known immediately, seating himself right in front of the chocolate-tipped man and demanding attention.

Looking down his dark snout toward his younger brother, Harlowe smiled, though it was one devoid of any warm emotion whatsoever. “Something like our Uncle, I think. I don't know the word for it,” he said, glancing toward Selene and Demi to see if they had any input on these words. He doubted it -- Harlowe considered himself the most educated canine in a large radius, and he had yet to meet someone actually able to surpass him in terms of intelligence. Of course, the boy did not consider that intelligence was not merely one's ability to regurgitate information from books.

The youth had missed the departing words of his cousin, but he looked up in time to watch her retreat, greenish eyes curiously studying her form as she walked away from them.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }

.sie-blanktext .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;
margin-bottom:10px; }

.sie-blanktext p {
text-indent: 25px;
margin:0px;
padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext b {
letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Nuki; 813 words

She couldn't say that she understood Harlowe's situation exactly. She could never dream of leaving her own children. But that was just her. She didn't get that wandering itch that seemed to inflict the family. Though she knew what it was like to be without a mother, seeing as her own didn't realize she was around most of the time. And well, she had never met her own father before. All of her children no longer had that father figure either. But at least her older children had the tribunal to guide them and act in place of the missing parent but Juju wasn't going to get that. She just had to do the best where they were now and instill the teachings of the tribunal within him.

"Sometimes a person just needs some time alone to figure themselves out. Perhaps she thought that you would be better off without her while she dealt with what she had to deal with. Maybe she thought it would be worse for you if she had stayed and she was the way that she was. There are times that parents worry about losing face in front of their children. That they worry about losing respect and affection because of shortcomings. We are all flawed though it is expected that parents are supposed to be perfect for their children because parents are supposed to lead their children by example." Sele knew that she had those worries herself. She had lost her older son already. She had failed to keep track of him and keep him safe and it continued to bother her. She figured that Demi blamed her for it as well. It would only make sense for her too. She was trying to do better with Juju though. She didn't want to make the same mistakes with him. It was why she hardly ever let him out of her sight.

"I'm not sure exactly. But I know Nani was born in the old area in a pack named Chimera. She lived there from what I heard when my mom would speak about the place and my dad. I lived with my mom's family away from here. When I came to look for my dad Chimera had been burned. I mistook Storm for it and had stayed there for a time. Nani was living in Clouded Tears at the time. It is where I first met her. I used to visit her a lot and she would take care of me. She even helped me with some trouble that I had gotten into." She'd rather not explain the trouble though. She didn't want to relive what she had done to her Alpha. How she had to leave. "I left after some time to continue looking for my father. I ended up over in New Brunswick and found family to take me in. That is where I saw Nani again. She came to stay there before the tribunal died. Then we all left and came here." It was a brief history lesson with plenty of gaps in it. But she told what she knew without going into too much detail. "You should find a time when your mom isn't busy and talk to her. You have some catching up to do." She encouraged him with a smile. She knew that when she was feeling conflicted she often turned to Nani to help her out, even if it was only that she needed someone to listen. She was lucky to have Nani and she knew it.

She took Juju back onto her lap and nodded her head to her daughter's words. She would make sure to get with Demi later and see what the girl wanted. There was the worry in the back of her mind that Demi wanted to tell her that she was leaving as well. That she knew that Sele had been unable to protect Ouija and that she was going to leave before something happened to her as well. That she may even take Juju away as well because she was unfit to be his mother. She had to agree. She just seemed to be bad luck. Happiness always seemed to be fleeting though she tried not to let anyone know that she was anything less than happy.

She noticed Harlowe watching Demi leave. "That is Demi. She is around your age." She explained as she watched the girl walk off as well. "Who is your father? Is he around?" She asked as she glanced back to Harlowe. Perhaps Sele could get Nani back together with Harlowe's father. It might be good for Nani to have that support, as well as Harlowe. Though she had no idea what sort of relationship they might have had. Still, it could get lonely not having that warm body to cuddle with at night. Sele knew that discomfort distinctly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for taking forever to reply. Somehow I'd overlooked this thread a few times. Scorp is mostly here just to have his presence here, but there's not a lot I can do with him, so you don't need to wait for me in the rotation. I'll just interject and have him do a random thing or two when he can. ^_^ wc 305

The little blackened tail drummed softly on the ground as Scorpius sat perched and awaiting the attention from his brother, and when Harlowe finally did look down to him and smile his thumping tail went into overdrive, filling the area with staccato beats, regardless of the fact that there was no affection or emotion behind the smile. His ears flattened and then bounced back up, and he grinned up at Harlowe. His attention was trained on his brother and everyone else might as well not exist at the moment. He did not notice Demi leave, he had no interest in Juju, and for a while even his Aunt Sele's voice was just meaningless words to his ears. “An uncle? How cool. I want to meet him. Will you take me to meet him?”

He cocked his head and then finally noticed that Selene was talking. His eyes followed the path of Harlowe's gaze as soon as the man looked away from him, and his sights fell upon the pale form of his aunt. There was something about what she was saying that made him realize this story was important, and it was all for Harlowe and not at all for him. He huffed a sigh of impatience and scooted in a circle on his rump, turning to face Selene. It was not long before her story became dreadfully interesting and the boy found himself immersed in the historic tale she related. Scorpius's expression brightened and he concentrated on his aunt's story even more when she mentioned the word burned. Scorpius had a fondness for fire and things that had been touched by it.

He opened his muzzle to say something more, but this conversation was not meant for him, and his childish words died on his tongue as Selene continued to talk to Harlowe.

<style type="text/css">
.scorpiusskullfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3700; letter-spacing:1px; }
.scorpiusskullfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.scorpiusskullfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.scorpiusskullfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1B0601; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/nog9b7.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FF7F00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 453

Harlowe listened still with fascination to Selene's perspective, his chocolate-tipped ears flickering with her words. He tried to place himself in his mother's perspective and even tried thinking of himself as a father, but he simply could not do it. Seeing things from another perspective was simply something Harlowe could not do, and this shone through plainly in his everyday interactions. There was something stunted and wrong with the pallid boy's interactions, unaware of it as he was. Still, he nodded slowly and tried to look as though he understood. He did not think he would ever be truly capable of understanding why she left, but he desired to quite badly. The thought of approaching her and asking her, however, filled him with dread. She was such a good mother; he had known nothing but joy and love the first several months of his life. Critiquing her would have been calling her a bad mother, or so Harlowe thought.

The history lesson, however, Harlowe took in readily. Though he did not recognize the names, he listened and memorized them, these mythical places where his mother and his family had come from. He would write this down later in his book, these places and names and who had been there. Someday, Harlowe hoped to put together all the pieces of his mother's heritage. Maybe when he learned it all and understood everything, he would understand himself. “Yeah,” he said glumly at the end of it, suddenly disheartened by the mentioning of how much he needed to catch up with his mother. “She'd be happy to see me,” he said, though he did not know how true that was. Despite all that Selene had told him and despite what he knew in his heart -- that his mother loved him -- the boy was filled with doubt.

“Maybe someday,” he responded gruffly to Scorpius, turning back to Selene. He nodded as she introduced her daughter, of course not daring to say a word on how attracted he had been to her a moment ago -- how attracted he was at the moment. Harlowe's sexuality was twisted and gnarled into awful shapes, bent around by the things he had done to others, but he was not so insensitive to his own feelings that he did not recognize that. He was also not so ignorant as to think it was right or readily acceptable, and so he was silent on the matter. “Ehno Marino. He lives in Crimson Dreams, and I have a lot of other family there. Not your family, though,” he explained, not realizing the fact that Ehno and Naniko were not related indicated already to Selene she was not related to his father Ehno.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... iustab.png); background-color:#000f33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">wc 266 - Didn't foresee Scorpius doing much else here so he went ADD.
Make a wish when your childhood dies.

The boy was having a hard time paying attention. For the most part, anything the adults were talking about was going right over his head. He tried to listen for select snippets of dire information, tidbits that would be of interest to a pup's world, but these little gems of knowledge never came. Instead, they just talked about a bunch of people he didn't know and a bunch of things he knew nothing about. The pup sighed through his nose, boredom creeping into his mind and into his muscles. His attention waned.

He barely noticed when Harlowe looked down and spoke to him, for he had found a crawling beetle that was of much more importance. Wow, for once something was more interesting to Scorpius than relentlessly following his brother around and asking questions he would never get detailed answers to – either because Harlowe wouldn't give them, or he wouldn't listen to them.

He lowered his nose to the ground and sniffed at the bug, but got too close and vacuumed the thing right up his snout. It tickled and wriggled in his nose and the puppy was thrust into a great sneezing fit. Finally the critter was dislodged but his nose still tickled. He shook his head and licked his chops. This was no fun at all. Maybe there was something to hunt... Something better than a puny little bug.

Crimson eyes scanned the landscape but found nothing of particular interest. There must be something out there. Forgetting the adults were even talking anymore, Scorpius's tail waggled an unintended goodbye as he wandered off.

[/html]