Recycled Air
[html]

Sorry for the wait! 413.

The journey took longer on two legs rather than four but Nayru did not mind. With her she carried another large leather bound book, the second volume to the book she had given Aro a while back. The girl had been looking for more books on plants, one that she could perhaps carry back to her own green house and keep but none had come to her. However the book she carried now had been one of the first she found, and even after she had initially disregarded it she had come across it again, and this time on a whim picked it up and took it home with her. Conor and Bris wouldn’t mind, no one had missed the first book she took and no one would likely miss the second. It had laid on her shelf in the green house for nearly a week before she decided to venture back to Crimson Dreams.

Two months had elapsed since she had last seen Aro, the boy hadn’t come to Dahlia de Mai although Nayru hadn’t really expected him to. Had his parents found her scent in Crimson Dreams from that day? Had they been angry? Two months ago she had been anxious about that possibility, but now it was only a flitting though. She had done nothing wrong, there was nothing innately objectionable to her presence and Aro had welcomed her into the pack lands. He was his own being and Nayru would not concern herself with what befell the lad. But she could check up on him. And she would, now that she had a another book to show him.

Dusk had set in by the time the patch work girl reached the north-east borders of Crimson Dreams, which was not to say it was so very late in the day. The sun was setting earlier and earlier and a bitter cold coated the land. Winter had her icy fingers around them and soon she would squeeze, ice and snow would be a hindrance in the months to come and Nayru would grow weary of it before too long, but for now the few flakes that fell and settled on the girl’s fur were a welcome change from the golden autumn that had finally just died. She did not mind waiting, as she did after she called out specifically for Aro, her howl strong and musical and bold, her crimson eyes staring out into the darkness awaiting the boy’s response.

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I am so sorry this took so long! Too many assignments + injury I'm still recovering from.. oy. My deepest apologies!

Wc: 532

Leaving her three newest puppies, even for a brief time, and even in the paws of her ever-capable mate, still proved nerve-wracking for the mother. It seemed every day that the trio were growing in size and personality, the true colours of their eyes beginning to peek through. Even though the fae had been through the process before, having two grown-up children to show for it, it was still a wonder for the timber-hued fae to watch the three little lives expand in every direction, as malleable as clay.

But a walk, no matter in what form or direction, always calmed the lady, and so she took to her Secui form to roam the territory, her limp less pronounced with the more legs she wore. Snow was beginning to break from the dark-faced sky above her, but the mother didn't mind much - she enjoyed the cold, and always enjoyed being active. As wonderful as nursing and caring for her children was, Ghita was a nomad at heart, even confined to her pack's lands, and so would always remain called to the wild, the wanderlust stirring in her bones.

It wasn't until she was beginning to approach the pack's boundaries that her ears picked up on a sound and a scent unfamiliar to the Tribune. Her tents erect, her blood began to chill as her son's name painted the wind, a contraction forming around her heart. There was no concrete reason for her to worry, as Aro's scent wasn't in the area, giving him an alibi away from here, but for a stranger to be calling for her son stirred the protective gene inside of her, Ghita near certain that she would find the stranger calling for her son at the end of the scent.

Taking off at a steady trot that quickly morphed into a jog, her lean muscles stretched and contracted as the mother grew closer to her target, only a few miles left between them. It was at this time that the scent of Dahlia de Mai prickled her nostrils, and something about the particular scent of this member tickled her memory, but nothing concrete arose to her mind at present time. Now in eyesight of the fae, her turquoise orbs took in the patched pelt of ebony and ivory, the woman startled by the beautiful eyes she held. All the same, she couldn't allow herself to be distracted by appearances - even though this girl was calling for her son, she was still close to invading her pack's territory, and would be treated as an intruder if the need arose.

Crossing the last few steps, Ghita straightened her body, the back part of her pelt prickling as it stood on end, her tail raised slightly in a show of dominance. Turquoise eyes meeting the girl's without fear, Ghita's Italian accent broke the silence of the snowy day around them, holding authority in every fiber of her being. "What business do you have with Crimson Dreams here, and particularly my son?" She had never been one for formalities or beating around the bush, and so launched straight into the heart of the matter, ebony lips a quiver away from revealing her pearly teeth.

<style>
.ghita-y38 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ghita-y38 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ghita-y38 b {color:#FFF2EC; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ghita-y38 {background-color:#F8BC80; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010o ... atable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFF2EC; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#592C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.ghita-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries because this is short! Bah! 302.

Nayru did not have a long wait before the blue eyed woman was confronting her. As she came up ruby eyes took in every detail, sucking in all the sights as Nayru’s nostrils sucked in the scent of the woman. Knowing protocol well and being a master player at it, Nayru’s gaze was easily averted from the Crimson Dream wolf’s, her posture, despite her tall optime stance, submissive and unthreatening. To be truthful there was nothing threatening about Nayru, at least not from first glance. She was small and fragile looking, her eyes kind despite their brilliant crimson hue and her voice barely rose above a whisper when she spoke. On second glance one might note the sheathed dagger strapped to her ankle, or the way her ears and eyes never quite fully relaxed. Yet even these small details were not hostile, they simply were facts of Nayru’s being.

Gracefully she bowed her head low to the woman, her hands holding out the book as if it were an explanation. The cover was plain except for a picture of the night sky, the millions of stars tiny little lights in a sea of navy blue, the picture in place of a title. “I wanted to give him this.” Nayru pulled back the book, knowing in the other's secui form she wasn't able to handle the object with her long claws. She raised her eyes a little to catch the face of the woman and she smiled, no tremble or tremor in her voice and yet it was unusually soft and sweet, more humble than any voice ought to be. “My name is Nayru. I’m from Dahlia de Mai and I’m a friend of Aro’s.” And that was all there was to it. The fairy girl stood there, waiting in respectful silence.

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Not a problem! <3 And sorry this sucks. ><

Wc: 618

The girl was complacent enough in the confrontation at the border, which gave Ghita reason to settle the fur on her back, and allow a bit more politeness to seep into her tone. While she could be a stickler towards impolite intruders, knowing that this girl meant little harm was a relief. She could still fight, should the need arise, but it wasn't something she enjoyed all too much - and so her posture grew incrementally more relaxed as the seconds wore on, silence paving the path.

All the same, the patched fae didn't appear to be half-asleep in her near-intrusion. It was smart, even in this world, to be armed if you could use the weapon well, Ghita knowing full well that a young girl walking around on her own wasn't always the smartest thing. And she could respect the tension that was visible in her companion's being - it was a cover the mother wore as well. Having known wolves with blood-red eyes, the odd colouring did not alarm the timber fae - in fact, she would have thought very little of it, and the identity of the girl if her mention of Aro had not arisen.

Staring curiously at the book that was now offered to her, Ghita's heart was unable to prickle with pride at her son's ability to read. Ghita herself did not share that trait, but insisted that her children did, as it was a useful, if not mandatory, skill to have around her pack. Watching the girl take back the book due to their differing forms, she felt some relief at having avoided the awkwardness between them. But Nayru's smile was unnervingly sweet and gentle, an action which probably spared the girl from feeling the same wrath that Aro received on his return from Dahlia de Mai.

All the same, Ghita was not an idiot, and finally was able to place the scent that the ebony nose had picked up on the moment Nayru stepped into her territory. Flicking her ears in discomfort, Ghita's turquoises flashed quickly before the mother began to shift, using the time that the motion gave to think about how she would deliver this speech. She was a friend of Aro's, and therefore a friend of her's, but the conditions of their friendship had regrettably put both wolves in danger - something that Ghita could not accept.

Letting her body elongate and stretch before Nayru, her mane melted into a deep chestnut hue, cascading further down to create Ghita's hair that so distinguished her. The piercings she wore relocated across her face, silver glinting in the sun around them. Rising to two unsteady legs, the fae placed less weight on her injured right leg, even now the injury still plaguing her. But finally standing at her full height - only slightly taller than Nayru herself, Ghita's arms were unsure of what to do with themselves, finally resting on her bare hips. "I've heard a lot about you from my son." She stated, informing Nayru that she knew more than she let on. "While my son's actions were honorable, and as his friend I treat you as a friend of mine, you must know that your actions placed both yourself and my son in danger." Despite the ice etched into her tone, she let her ears flop and tail droop after she finished, muscles relaxing in a less hostile manner. "Despite that, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Ghita Marino." Extending her newly formed hand toward her, ivory fingers sought a handshake - an action that would mean peace - an end from the war Ghita had waged with herself and her fabrication of what Nayru would end up being.

<style>
.ghita-y38 {background-color:#F8BC80; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010o ... atable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFF2EC; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#592C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.ghita-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Silence enveloped them as Nayru watched Ghita shift. So rarely did others shift in front of her she was not use to seeing others do so, although she would stare at her own hands whenever she did it herself. Looking away, for she wasn’t sure if it was rude or not to look upon someone mid-shift, the girl waited until she heard the woman’s voice. Turning back to Ghita the ever present half smile was upon Nayru’s thin charcoal lips, her ruby eyes sparkling like the jewels they took their color from.

Nayru was not surprised to hear the criticisms of her and Aro’s meeting, although she didn’t know quite what to do with it. Conor and Bris had never admonished her for any of her actions, and Saluce only in regards to her training with the dagger. Nayru had been a disturbingly obedient child, and if ever she committed actions against the will of her superiors than they had never known of it. Every action she had taken had been for Dahlia de Mai’s benefit, or on the behalf of another’s word, and it was perhaps this dedication that gave her such freedom. No one questions her. She came and went when and where she wished, she spoke to who she pleased and no one had tried to tell her otherwise.

Yet the unfamiliarity of Ghita’s tone did not throw Nayru off. Ever skilled with social graces she bowed her head in deference, for certainly Ghita deserved that upon Crimson Dreams soil, and her whispery voice was steady although soft. “The pleasure is truly mine Ghita Marino. Aro respects both you and his father deeply.” And that was true, he had been worried about upsetting his family. He cared for them deeply, perhaps as deeply as she cared for the whole of Dahlia de Mai, and yet he had still disobeyed them. But she hadn’t disobeyed anyone. And her choices had been her choices. Nayru didn’t quite like them to be muddled up with the choice of others.

Raising her head to find the gaze of Ghita, Nayru’s smile was soft and understanding then, her crimson eyes ready to look away at the slightest sign of displeasure from Nayru. “Please know I did not ask him to accompany me home, and surely no harm would ever come to him or any friend of mine from Dahlia de Mai.” Could she speak so on the behalf of Dahlia de Mai? Nayru was confident in her statement, and she was sure that Conor would back her up. Still Nayru did not expect Ghita to take her word for it, and Nayru was prepared for that, though her breath and heartbeat remained steady, strong and calm.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I apologize for the short & suckish. ><

Wc: 376

Finally meeting her son's first possible suitor - as this was how she viewed Nayru, she would be lying to say that Ghita's sole reason for hostility towards Nayru was Aro's actions. Despite how proud she was of him for taking care of those who needed it, this was a sign that her baby boy was growing up faster than what she was comfortable with - and perhaps she needed more time to adjust to such a notion. But she still couldn't avoid the danger that both reckless parties had put both of their packs into - possibly realizing one of Ghita's deepest, darkest fears.

To be honest, the agouti fae was expecting - almost wanting - a larger response than that which Nayru presented to her. If the girl had put up some protests, Ghita could at least let out some of her stress onto the younger fae, explaining, or at least trying to, how real the danger could have been. But the mixed-hued girl seemed to know this, and accept it, taking the wind straight out of Ghita's sails, allowing her to surpass the anger and reach the peaceable relation that she now offered.

Smiling at Nayru's descriptions of her son, the mother's pride couldn't quite be kept under wraps. "That certainly sounds like him - stepping in even without being asked." Rocking back on her heels, she had become a master at distributing the weight unevenly to accommodate for her injury, and so employed this skill as the words grew between them. "As tempting as it is to believe you, can you speak for your entire pack?" In her voice, Ghita held no hostility or anger, mirrored in her eyes, but all the same the regretfulness of her tone seeped back into her words. "I know I cannot speak for my sister's choices, as much as I'd like to think I can influence them should she run towards a cliff." Sliding some humor through the back door, Ghita sought a small smile on Nayru's smile at the very least, sometime to lighten the mood she was presenting. "If Aro had been seen as an intruder, a spy, or an enemy, perhaps there would not have been time to decree him as a friend of yours."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Tis okay! 325.

Could she speak for the entire pack? Not quite, she had officially no authority to do so, but she knew the individuals of the pack well enough. Nayru didn't have to guess their reaction, she knew it. “Aro was always with me, no one would harm him when he was with me.” Nayru could say that with confidence. Conor would welcome anyone Nayru brought home, the man trusted his ward's judgment, that was clear by the growing responsibilities he was giving her. At her newly appointed rank of Wahrer she could accept new members even, proof that Conor trusted in her.

Bowing her head Nayru's words were bold, even if her voice never was. “Excuse me miss Ghita, I know Dahlia de Mai has a poor reputation, but we are not the same wolves that went to war with Inferni. Conor is a good leader, kind and fair and he wouldn't cause harm to anyone, nor would he allow those in his pack to do so, of that I am sure.” She couldn't speak for Dahlia de Mai, but for her guardian she felt she knew his heart well enough. After all, what kind of man took in herself and the Stormbringer children to raise and rear if he weren't to treat children of other packs with the same kindness?

Lifting up her eyes once more to meet Ghita's she hoped that the woman wouldn't take offense to Nayru's insisting that Dahlia de Mai was harmless to her child, all Nayru had was her word against Ghita's image of the pack she came from. They could change that, one day. “Perhaps one day you will come to Dahlia de Mai. Have you ever been there?” Aro was of course welcome there, but the hospitability that Nayru had extended to all those she considered friends, and if Aro's mother wished to see with her own eyes Nayru would be more than willing to make that happen.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Okay, I'm back!

Wc: 557 SoSuWriMo

Despite the emotions that ran through the fae as she spoke with Nayru, as the interaction brought up some unresolved feelings and situations, the agouti fae felt tired, not of the girl that stood opposite her, but of holding onto the resentment and anger and worry that frankly, was being dragged out much longer than was sensible. Yes, it was a stressful situation for Ghita, but her son was a man now - she couldn't keep holding onto him in a stranglehold. Even if he wasn't officially in the adult ranks when the incident occurred, it was a blurry line that divided childhood and adulthood at this age, a line that she felt that Aro had finally crossed. He had shown bad judgement, perhaps, in going to Dahlia de Mai, but he didn't take an unnecessary risk, and had helped someone in need. Truth be told, he held a lot of the same traits that Ghita had admired in Jazper.

Letting out a sigh as Nayru's speech rocked her ears, the twin tents perked up at the boldness, but the mature part of Ghita accepted that this was something she needed to hear. Flicking them to the right, and then the left, as she waited for her companion to finish, Ghita puffed out her chest as her back straightened, cool defiance in her eyes. "Nayru, if you are assuming that my worry was solely based on your pack's history, you are quite wrong. I would have worried no matter what pack he entered under the same circumstance, although I cannot lie that your pack's reputation didn't encourage it. I am not as stupid to assume that your pack is a violent one, or your leader is unfair. If you regard the situation from my perspective, perhaps some light will be shed onto a mother's worry." Despite the blood running through her veins that screamed at her to not let this child speak to her in such a manner, Ghita held her emotions in check, not chastising her companion but reminding her as gently as her body allowed. Her posture was rigid and eyes slightly closed in offense, but her voice was kind.

It was a welcome change that brought the tension down, the one that Nayru offered to Ghita. The agouti girl had never visited Dahlia De Mai, and had never had a desire to in the past, but her wanderlust reared it's head at this point with the prospect of an adventure to a foreign location. Bowing her head slightly in thought, another sigh escaped her chest as if the bonds that held her to Crimson Dreams were concrete. "One way I would love to see your packlands. I would offer the same if you wish." Pausing for a moment, before accepting or declining the offer, Ghita turned her head back to see her territory, knowing all too well that she couldn't leave her pups at this time. "I will have to take you up on your offer another time - I recently had another litter of puppies and can't leave them for too long at this point. But I do wish to see your lands and meet the leader you speak so highly of." Offering a smile to Nayru, she wished that the friend of her son could also be a friend of sorts to her... eventually.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

600 .

Ghita words washed over her but the meaning was lost. Perhaps the woman was just more fearful than Nayru herself was, for the only pack she thought best to avoid was Inferni, and that truly was only because of the past tensions. Even younger she had never felt herself in danger when she had traveled to Aniwaya by herself, the many miles she had had to cross did not daunt her, nor had the reality of all the dangers that might have befallen her during that time. Perhaps it had been dangerous, stupid of her even, but she was still here, alive and well, and Nayru did not count her childhood adventures as a mistake. Aro too had been surprised when they had met, when she had told him about her traveling. He had never left Crimson Dreams before he had escorted her to Dahlia de Mai, and perhaps they just came from very different worlds. Bris was kind and nurturing, but never restrictive, never fearful as a biological mother might have been. Nayru had never known that kind of restriction, that kind of fear and she couldn't claim to know it now.

. “I am not a mother, I cannot understand.” She admitted this freely. Although normally more empathetic than most there were a few feelings she could not synthesis for herself. The bond between mother and child was one, and the love between two mates was another. Nayru's mind did not comprehend either, for she was loyal and respected all Dahlians equally, and loved only a few slightly above the rest. This was perhaps her shortcoming, and one she did not know if she would ever overcome. Romantic love still eluded her, and without that one did not become the mother of children. Yet she did not long for either, she was content to be alone. She only wished she could understand where Ghita's fear for Aro stemmed from.

Yet she let the conversation pass and was happy to talk of Dahlia de Mai and Crimson Dreams. Ghita mentioned showing her Crimson Dreams, if the girl wished, and Nayru smiled slightly. . “That would be very kind of you.” She did not mention that some of Crimson Dreams' land was already known to her, she had come here before for Aro and he had shown her some sights. However, she did not know all of it and if Ghita welcomed her into the pack, she would not refuse. It truly was a kind offer. Nayru bowed her head when Ghita spoke of her new litter, and Nayru was glad for her. Although she did not understand the love between mother and child she did know the joy of new puppies and the continuation of family. It was certainly a joy to Crimson Dreams to have new members among themselves, and certainly for the Marino family.

. “Congratulations are in order then. I hope all your family is well.” Puppies were often born weak and helpless, but surely with Ghita being such an attentive mother they had no problems developing healthy. And yet here was Ghita at the borders with Nayru, and her pups back home and suddenly Nayru felt very selfish. Holding out the book to Ghita, Nayru smiled once more, her words gentle and her voice smooth. . "Would you be so kind as to give Aro this? I don't wish to keep you from your family much longer than need be.” And perhaps Nayru should return to her own, for she felt that she probably wouldn't see Aro today and that was alright. Another day perhaps.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Do you want to wrap this up soon-ish?

Wc: 676 SoSuWriMo

Perhaps her words had been to harsh, or not harsh enough - but for whatever reason, the meaning didn't appear to get through to Nayru. But at the same time, she wished that at least the gist of what she said got through to the girl; She didn't mistrust Dahlia de Mai simply because of the pack's history, but this was her son she was speaking of, and a mother would do anything for her child - worry needlessly, plunge into battle without a second thought, whatever the situation called for. Ghita was loyal to her son, but also knew that he needed to make his own choices in the world, despite them being many of the same choices that Ghita had made in her past. For she had been captured by the wanderlust early in her life, and caused her family much worry throughout her endeavors. Of course, her family had consisted of solely Amata, Ehno, and Savina, seeing as her father wanted nothing to do with her, much less to be worried over her.

Nodding sagely, she tilted her cranium to the side, mulling over the truth of Nayru's words. "This is true, but I still feel as if I should explain myself to you. If you so desire children later in life, and are blessed to have them, you won't have a choice in worrying for them." Adding a laugh to the end of her sentence, she sent a smile towards Nayru, hoping that she had made even a slight impression on the girl, besides that of being hostile and overly protective of her son. And, heaven forbid, the impression of a crazy mother. Even as it stood, she was the less protective of the two parents - Ghita understanding better than anyone the wanderlust that could grip a young life, and so understood the choices that could be made as a result. But to those who could not sympathize, it would be hard to understand all of Ghita's choices.

Smiling at the girl, she let the tension dissipate from her body's posture, a more relaxed look seeming to melt across her face. "Good! Whenever you wish to stop by, seek me out - most of my pack knows me and will be happy to fetch me." The logistics weren't frequently complicated to sort out, but all the same Ghita wanted the smallest risk of harm to come to her new friend. As she was hopeful that Nayru would provide the same for her. "Have you seen any of the lands? The beaches would have to be my favourite location." While remember caution that she had to employ while talking of her pack's lands, she let a few details slip out here and there. Of course, her love for the beaches stemmed from her love for the ocean that she crossed to reach Canada, seeing as the large body of water never ceased to calm her in times of strife.

While speaking of her youngest pups, a wistful smile painted her face as she remembered that she was not there with them at this time. She did not regret meeting Nayru in the slightest - being glad that the two could meet, in fact - but all the same she wished at times like these that she could split herself into many different clones of herself, being torn between all of the duties that she felt required to fulfill in her life. "Thank you - there are three of them. Tony, Lorenzo, and Fia, and they are all healthy. Healthily rambunctious, I should say." Turning her turquoise gaze down to the book that Nayru offered, she blinked in surprise to see the kind gift for her son. "I certainly can - and thank you. It was a pleasure to meet you today." Before taking the book from Nayru's hold, Ghita lay her ivory fingers on Nayru's, a smile of kindness and peace emanating. "I'm sure he'll love it." The mother stated, moving her hands to the cover of the book to take from her patchwork friend.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

yesh. seems like a natural ending spot. SSWM: 631

Ghita still tried to explain herself, but Nayru had no children nor any desire for them. Simply she accepted the fact that Ghita and her felt differently just then and because of that, they would think differently too. At times this would be unavoidable and Nayru chose not to make an issue of it. The fairy girl only bowed her head and Ghita's words, taking them in and then letting them go. Nayru thought of Range and Melee and tried to see if she felt the motherly instincts for them. She loved them, she wanted to feed and protect them. Perhaps more so than the other children of Dahlia de Mai. Yet she was not their mother, she did not worry endlessly or needlessly or at all really. They were safe, and even when they ventured out they came back. As she had at their age.

A smile spread on Nayru's lips as Ghita spoke of the lands and beaches and whether Nayru had seen any. The girl didn't lie directly to anyone, even if she did not always offer up information immediately. Nodding, she thought of the day her and Aro had combed through Crimson Dreams, avoiding the manor as that was where others were likely to be and they had, Nayru recalled, been avoiding his parents. "Yes, Aro has showed me around some. Your home is very beautiful.” Not to the beaches, as Dahlia de Mai had beaches, just as most the packs and clans in the area clung to the shore and had beaches. Rather they had lingered at the mouth of the cave for a long time, for Nayru had never been inside one and still hadn't. "We went to the cave, but we didn't go inside. We didn't have a light.” And though a wolf's night vision was perhaps better than some other animals, under the earth where no light shone through it really didn't make a difference.

Nayru listened as Ghita spoke of her children, and again the difference between a mother's love and ordinary love was clear. One could tell the woman took pride in her pups and in her abilities of rearing and raising them, and Nayru thought this proper. Perhaps she couldn't relate, but she did approve. It was good for the puppies to have someone like her, for them to have parents and older siblings and such a strong and secure pack about them. The puppies in Dahlia de Mai had much the same social supports, but the guardians weren't always biological and Nayru still hadn't decided if that made any difference in one's development or not. Neither her nor Gideon were sorry for their childhood, and she didn’t think Range or Melee would be either.

As Ghita took the book from Nayru the girl wasn't sure what to do with her hands, but Ghita's fingers quickly covered her own. For a moment she was surprised at the small embrace, but it wasn't unpleasant and Nayru's smile was genuinely warm as she looked up into Ghita's face. "The pleasure is mine, and surely our paths will cross again. Goodbye Ghita Marino.” Nayru's characteristically soft voice was even quieter, as she struggled with the surge of warmth that Ghita's touch had inspired. That the woman was willing to be kind, despite hardly knowing Nayru and the past tensions that the fairy girl's presence had caused for the woman, had been unexpected but Nayru was glad to be at peace with her. And with anyone. The girl did not make enemies, nor did she wish to, and she was glad that she no longer had to wonder or fear what Aro's parents, or at least his mother, thought of her. Dipping her head low she pulled away, heading north, back to her home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Last Reply; I'll give this to Savina to archive unless you pm me otherwise. ;3 Thanks for the great thread!

Wc: 708 SoSuWriMo

It had been a while since Ghita had been around someone of Nayru's age, grace, and maturity. Cambria and Mati were both a bit older, and Aro and Sophia had struck out into the world on their own. Besides, her world as of late had consisted of solely her young pups, which put the fae's mind into one... shall we say... less serious or mature than someone of her age should spend any great length of time as. And so it was refreshing for her to have this encounter with Nayru, reminding her that there were some good, mature people in the world still, who didn't see stepping accidently on someone else's tail as something to declare to the whole manor. She'd spent many a day chasing after puppies who'd decided that it was time to explore, not nap, despite how much Ghita needed her sleep. It was getting to the point that she told them to nap when she was tired, not when they needed it. Ghita figured that they'd expel the same amount of energy no matter what, seeing as they seemed to fit a ton of movement in a small amount of time. Whether it was her pups that were young and endlessly energetic enough to size against their father or whether she was getting old and tired, that would remain a mystery, both sources probably the answer to her question. She simply couldn't keep up with her children easily, and perhaps that should give her cause to worry more than she was. But it was natural, she assumed, to be this tired with child rearing, and so she dismissed her qualms as easily as she swatted at a butterfly.

New information came to light, now, as the girl revealed that she had been shown around Crimson Dreams as well as Aro into Dahlia de Mai. However, this didn't bother her as much as it should have, perhaps, seeing as her son was trustworthy (and Nayru didn't seem like she'd want to cause trouble), and among friends should he run into trouble. As long as Nayru wasn't trespassing to cause trouble deliberately, the agouti mother saw no harm in t the visit. That was her typical attitude with intruders when she happened across them, and so saw no reason to change it in the face of her son and his visitors, no matter who they may be. If her son used good judgement and wisdom around newcomers, and it had worked so far, why change the policy she'd taught him by example? It was little matter. "Thank you - I'm sure Dahlia de Mai is likewise." She knew the caves well, although she hadn't been in them all that often. She recalled one instance with Kansas, her brother in law, but beyond that she hadn't visited all that often. All the same, it was on her property, and so needed to know it inside out to defend it sufficiently.

Smiling gently back at Nayru, despite the forward gesture of affection she'd committed, so out of her character, she felt as if that was necessary in smoothing the somewhat rocky tension she had felt between them, mostly on her end of the relationship. Nayru had done nothing wrong, and Ghita finally saw that, despite the protective feelings that she felt still lingering when her son was mentioned. That was natural, and would never leave, but it wasn't cause to create unnecessary enemies or vengeances that were unfounded. "Safe traveling, Nayru!" Ghita bid her, knowing that the trip to Dahlia de Mai was a long one from here. Holding the heavy book in her paws, she watched Nayru's form until it disappeared from view, when Ghita's turquoise orbs fell to the book she carried. Being illiterate herself, she was happy to see that Aro held such an interest in reading even though she didn't. It was made of a good sort of leather, something that Ghita could recognize despite not tanning and dyeing for a long time. Letting the smile fade from her face, but not the warmth from the experience, the agouti mother finally turned her frame homeward bound, ready to put the book aside until her son chose to return to her, and their home; Crimson Dreams.

<style>
</style>[/html]