cast no shadow
[html]

ooc;; 04.12.10 optime form!

Saul Stormbringer

His paw wasn't even close to healing in the four days since his panicked flight from Dahlia de Mai. He still didnt understand his total freak out on the beaches he so loved- seeing the impaled rabbit had sent him into some kind of panic attack. He knew there were things he wasnt dealing with- he knew that he needed to find his sister and make their family whole again. He missed his father a lot, despite not being especially close to him. His aunt had gone aloof and distant, as had their leader. His brothers were around but he hadnt spoken to them properly in over a month. He knew that he was over reacting about these things but he had needed to get away. He'd run and run until a small pebble had split his right front paw and he had been unable to fix it because he was so freaked out. He knew what to do, knew herbs that would have helped with the healing, knew he had to bandage it. But his mind hadn't been working, so he had called for help. He'd met Addison on the borders of her home, Phoenix Valley.

A bandage now held his paw together nicely, but his morning runs had been disturbed because of it. He couldnt take his usual run in Lupus form as per usual and was forced to make it in his optime. Four days of running on two legs was helping him get used to this odd form, but it still didnt feel right. He knew he needed to heal properly to actually get back to normal. He wasnt going to stop running because of a split paw, which was testiment to the determination in his character. Or simply the obsession the young man had for his routine. This mornings run had been okay- he had gone from Oberon's Spring all the way around Wolfville towards Flanders Field and St Pepins Vineyard and then back home. He was looking healthy and considering the fact that tomorrow he would have been in Dahlia for two months, his emaciated form was beginning to bulk out again.

He had decided to try and find Skye again to maybe continue the reading lessons she had given him in the university a while ago. He was beginning to forget a few of the things she had taught him and he didnt want that to happen. He remembered their first meeting, her insistance that her new pack would be close to his. He was in the heart of Ethereal Eclipse, trying to find his way to Skye and her new pack. He didnt know how successful he would be and it was mid afternoon when he began to smell the first signs of another pack. Still, he didnt want to just walk up to the borders and howl, so instead he hung around near the lake, waiting to see if the pale female would reveal herself.

word count;; 494

"speech"

<style>
.saultable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.saultable-01-b {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.saultable-01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.saultable-01 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }

.saultable-02 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saultable-02-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.saultable-02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.saultable-02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: <3 hope you still love me XD I don’t normally let threads wait this long ; ; Oh and Shaw's in Optime form as well Smile

The meeting was not to be… at least not today. Shaw had moved out from his own lands to see if he could find a new place to work on some of his widdling. He’d been working on presents for his packmates, why? Because he could and that was that. He wasn’t going to go far from his pack. It would be a bad idea if he did. He just wanted to be somewhere private, he was sure Skye would handle things if there was something horrible that would happen, and he trusted her that much to do something about it. He twirled his knife, something he’d been able to choose as a gift from his mother, and hide from his father when he was banished… one of the few precious items that had made his life easier. He used the knife to widdle, though it was still sharp. He’d been taught how to keep the item sharpened, but he was sad to see that the knife was much shorter than when he had it a few years ago… he used it quite often. He would have to find another, or trade someone for a new one… He was entering a clearing when he smelled someone. He stopped and looked through the trees to see a wolf sitting and waiting. There was a bandage on the young man, but he didn’t seem too hurt. Especially if he was this far in the forest.

Shawchert decided to reveal himself, his hand now leisurely holding onto the knife. He moved from the background into the clearing so the wolf can see him, though he had no doubts that he looked quite intimidating… he got that all too often, but since this was a grown or almost grown wolf he wouldn’t try to diminish his size like he would with a puppy.

This is a beautiful place for thinking, don’t you think?

Shawchert kept his distance, knowing that he was armed even though it was to whittle the wood that was in his satchel. He wasn’t sure how he managed to catch sight of another wolf, and as he smelled the air he could smell that the wolf was from Dahlia, his neighbor, the place that held Tsuki, who he had not seen in some time. It was rare to meet someone in a forest so Shaw was questioning fate in why he’d been brought here in an already occupied, yet very serene area.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; dun be so silly shaw! i still lurve you!

Saul Stormbringer

He seemed to have been waiting forever, but in actual fact it was only about five minutes. He was wondering whether he should how for the pale lady when a rustling from behind him caught his attention. He shuffled round from his sitting position, right hand craddled gently against his belly. Green eyes spotted another in their optime form, a mixture of creams, browns and reds making up the mans coat. It was easy to see that this was a man, he was very tall and muscular. It took those green eyes just moments to see the knife in the males hands, but he did not feel threatened at that moment. It was held casually in his hands and Saul felt relaxed by the mans presence, despite the fact that he was a stranger. His words made Saul smile and he nodded softly before speaking.

"It is wonderfully quiet out here"

He murmered softly, tail flicking gently behind him. It was a quiet meeting it appeared and Saul was happy that he had been met by a peaceful soul. He knew he needed to get his paw healed quickly, as Saluce had been planning a pack hunt and he wanted to be sound for that. If this male had not been peaceful and Saul had had to defend himself, he didnt think his paw would have healed that quickly. He smelt familair somehow and with a jolt he realised he smelt a lot like Skye. Perhaps someone had sent him instead of her. A faint smile graced his lips and it was at these times that Saul felt most reserved- when he was quiet and calm.

"My name is Saul Stormbringer... I come from Dahlia de Mai. You smell a lot like my friend Skye."

Came his quiet voice once more. He wondered what the male was doing up here, why he had a knife, who he was. Perhaps Saul would get the answers to his questions, perhaps he would not. But he was feeling calm and peaceful right now, which really was a change from his usal energetic self.

word count;; 350

"speech"

<style>
.saultable-01-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.saultable-01 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }

.saultable-02 {background-color:#75767a; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #75767a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saultable-02-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

+3

To shaw’s relief he was happy to see that the boy that shared the clearing with him was not at all threatened by his presence. His answer was calm and it made Shaw smile, it was a good answer. He nodded but didn’t speak, though when he mentioned Skye an eyebrow lifted.

Skye huh? Well as she’s my right hand, I suppose I would.

He said, a great truly happy grin curled across his lips, if this wolf knew of Skye and he was friends with her, he could surely trust the young wolf that stood before him. He was glad, he had not seen that the boy was much of a thread to him in any way but one never knew, he’d seen a fox take down one of his old pack members back down south, but he was sure of his abilities to defend himself.

I’m Shawchert Menue, I’m the leader of the pack Cercatori D’ Arte, Skye is my co leader, it’s nice to meet another of her friends. She’s got quite a few it seems… you don’t mind if I sit do you?

He said, he pulled his free hand in his satchel and pulled out an unfinished piece of work he’d had been working on, this one was for Lucia, it wasn’t much, since it wasn’t even near finished but he’d gotten the shape down, it was a small wooden figurine of a guitar, of course her own was way better because it was lifesized. But he liked making miniature of different things especially that of the canine’s favorite things, he’d try to get them as well as he could but he was still getting to know everyone. He waited to sit though, he was sure if he wasn’t’ welcome he would move on, but he was sure that he was allowed to stay, he wanted to be polite enough to request it and wait for the answer. After all since they were no longer in pack lands they were in many ways equals.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <33

Saul Stormbringer

Cinnamon backed ears that had previoulsy lain flat on his head now perked as the tri coloured male spoke about Skye. It was quite obvious that he would have known her- they shared the same pack scent. Thinking on it however, Saul knew there were at least four people in Dahlia he had never met. He had heard of Lolita's sister Pippa but had never met her. There was Legacy he hadn't spoken to and he had heard about Conor's cousin Vesle. That was three at least. Still, Cercatori D'Arte was a relatively new pack and Saul expected that he would know her. It made Saul smile however to think that Skye had actually made something of herself- he assumed that by Right hand the male meant his beta. He smiled softly at the tri-coloured male, tail flickering softly behind him.

"I'm glad for her"

He offered by way of congratulations to the pale female. Perhaps that was what she was doing today- sorting out something within her pack. Saul was perfectly fine with that and he would have to wait for her to teach him some more. Ears perked as the tri-coloured male gave his name. He had heard about this one from Skye. He remembered the name. A soft nod was given in recognition of the name. It seems he had been correct when Shawchert reaffirmed that Skye was his co leader. She had done well for herself since the first time Saul had met her. He was pleased her her.

"Skye told me about you. Its nice to meet you at last! Go ahead sir, your welcome to sit"

He offered. Green eyes were about to turn back to staring in to space when the tri-coloured male pulled out a hunk of wood. He wondered what the male was doing with it. It looked like it was making the shape of something but Saul had never seen anything like it before. What was Shawchert doing with a hunk of wood. He was going to ask, but he held his tongue, waiting for the male to take a seat before he asked him any question.

word count;; 357

"speech"

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]

+3

Shawchert heard the wolf say that Skye had mentioned him, it perked his curiousity, but he was sure if the boy wanted to divulge more he would, but for now he’d like to find a seat, next to the water and get started. Once he got permission, he sat and started brushing his knife over the wood.

She does a good job, though we are busy every now and then, especially with new wolves and winter coming, I’m sure she’d welcome you if yu gave her a howl near our home.

He said, his eyes were now glued to the piece of wood in his hands, as he nimbly started carving up the rest f the shape of the guitar. Soon he’d go into details but for now he wanted to get the shape smooth so that it would look like the instrument that his friend was learning to play.

So what brings you here?

He said, he knew Dahlia well as that’s where the woman of his dreams lived, he’d yet to go see her again, but that was not at fault of his, he had duties here, though it made him wonder what he was doing here an now, since he did have the time now he could go see her, but he had already decided what to do, besides he wanted to get these finished, they were for his family after all. He did not want to turn his back on his family not after his old one had turned theirs on him… so he would continue to work on his project. He was making the curve of the instrument now, making the edge of it smooth, so that it could possibly be painted later on… well it should be as he did have the paints for it, that he’d found in one of the old shops. His attention was bouncing between the two, though it seemed Saul was of few words… though he could tell that the young man’s eyes were on him.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <33

Saul Stormbringer

Saul smiled softly as Shawchert spoke about the pale woman. She had been kind to him and now she was teaching him to read. He had forgiven her past discrepancy of laughing at him and was pleased that she was making something for herself. He himself hoped that one day, when he was old enough, Conor would trust him enough to give him a good job. He was more than capable of hunting now and his training with Saluce was making sure that the youth could not only defend himself but to fight as well. He didnt exactly want to use these skills, but he had felt that to not learn them would be to leave himself vulnerable and weak in the pack. So he had learnt and now he was more useful than before.

"I was going to. But the veiws caught my attention first and then you found me!"

He said with a gentle smile on his face. Green eyes were rewarded with the whittling of the wood that he had wondered about before. As he watched the tri-coloured male began to skim a knife over the wood, cutting away bits and making the wood smooth. He was entranced almost straight away. Carving wood would, or could, be a useful skill to have and Saul seemed to be addicted to learning at the moment. Shawchert asked him why he was up here, but he felt his previous words had explained why he was here better than an out and out explanation.

"Shawchert... If you don't mind my asking... What exactly are you doing?"

His tone was light and airy, he didnt want to sound indignant about asking. He really fancied the idea of making something out of the wood. Maybe a present for his brothers. He wondered if the tri-coloured male would be willing to teach him what he was doing.

word count;; 313

"speech"

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]

Shawchert nodded at the boys explanation as to why he was there, he’d actually been on his way to see Skye, well he had to admit this place was a very beautiful place and to pass it by would just be plain… well idiotic, but that was in his own opinion. He watched his knife as it peeled little bits of wood off the creation before looking up, the boy asked what he was doing, and Shaw smiled, happy to oblige.

I’m carving, well right now widdling, but that’s about the same. Just shaping wood into something, like this one, I’m turning into the shape of a guitar see?

He wasn’t sure if Saul had ever seen a guitar but at the moment the figurine did resemble a guitar, only it was slightly shapeless as he’d yet to fill it in with details. Those would come when he was happy with the general shape. He started working on it again, an idea coming to his head.

How would you like to learn? I’ve always found it a good stress reliever and it is nice when you can give someone a present of something you’ve made… I also make useful things, though most of them aren’t decorated like the figurines I make.

He noticed himself rambling, and he stopped, he looked back at Saul t see what the boy had on his face, whether he wanted to try or was in no way interested…

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <33

Saul Stormbringer

Saul was pretty certain in his assessment of the male that he would not react badly to his prying question. He seemed an amiable enough male and he gave off a certain friendliness that was hard if not impossible to fake. Saul was no deciever but if his time as a loner had taught him anything, he had learnt not to take people at face value. There was always something more going on, always something that wasnt at first obvious. Saul was almost certain that whatever was not obvious about Shawchert was certainly not a threat to the Dahlian. He had a certain sense about trust in others and Saul could tell he was a trustworthy man.

Cinnamon ears cupped back and forward as the man began to speaking and Saul lapped up what he was saying with interest. The man had called it carving, or widdling, and Saul was happy with his explanation of the craft. Whilst Saul had never been given a pencil and paper to draw he had always found that his mind was artistic- he could imagine very vividly and he would imagine that his hands could comply with these images in his head. Green eyes saw a shape emerging, a guitar he had called it. The young man had never seen a guitar before, but nodded all the same.

"Thats quite a skill you have there..."

He murmered, mesmerised by what the tri-coloured male was showing him. Astonistment caught him as Shawchert offered to teach him the trade. A smile came to Saul's lips before he could really think about it and he nodded eagerly. Shaw's talk about presents made the boy think. He and his brothers would soon be a year and it would be nice to give them something. He almost chuckled as the image of a bear came to him- that would certainly be Gideon's gift, as a reminder of that fun day and the treasure they had found. He thought maybe a rabbit for Ascher, as a reminder of their reunion and his brothers altogether shy nature.

"I would love to learn, Mr Shawchert! I'm afraid I dont have a knife on my at the moment though..."

He fretted over, although his mind was far away from actually learning the craft. He wanted to make lots of things, now that this door was open to him. Perhaps Shawchert could teach him the basics and Saul would go from there- he was, afterall, a very quick learner.

word count;; 415

"speech"

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: I don’t know why but I had a hard time with this one. O.o;

Shawchert smiled keeping his work up as he got the compliment, thinking, it really wasn’t too hard to learn it, just perfecting it was the problem. Not everyone had the skill for it.

Thank you it has come in very useful. Especially when you need a quick present made.

He said, though he always tried to put in a good effort into his own work, there were times where he’d rushed, and Karma had gotten back to him on that instance. He heard the young man’s wish to learn how to carve and this time Shawchert did look up from his work. The sincerity in the wolf’s eyes told Shaw that he was serious, he tapped his knife a few times on the guitar he was making before nodding.

I’m afraid I don’t have an extra knife but I think I can teach you with this one.

He said, making it known he’d teach the young man without saying so directly, his eyes started wandering around the area, there was plenty of wood around. He got up and found a long thick stick and showed it to Saul.

Normally you want some pretty thick branches to be able to get a good enough carving going on, though some do require bigger or smaller pieces depending on how big you want them.

He started pulling the bark off with the knife looking at it to make sure he was doing it right himself.

Start by pulling off the bark, most of the time just getting it off with the knife, try not to get too thick into the wood as you want what you have.

The stick he had was a bit longer than he’d use but it was Sauls new practice toy for now, it didn’t need to be cut. He held the wood and the knife, butt first, to the young man for him to try it.

<style type="text/css">
.Shawfreebeez b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39675; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.Shawfreebeez-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; text-align:center;}
.Shawfreebeez p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Shawfreebeez {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebeez.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cbbe87; padding: 155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Shawfreebeez-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.Shawfreebeez-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #f0efe9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>

[/html]