of dire circumstances
Backdated to June 20, 2010. Tayui tells Claudius about Haku. (300+)

[html]

It had been her pack that saved her. Her howl had brought other AniWayans to the border and cast Haku away; however, Tayui was still horribly shaken by the entire ordeal. He had not physically attacked her, but she was shaking nonetheless. As she returned to her den, she realized it was time to tell Claudius the truth. The boy had matured a great deal in the recent months and she believed he was strong enough to handle it. He had been strong enough to wait with her while his siblings had disappeared and he had been strong enough to wait out the spat she had with Aurèle. One day Tayui hoped they would resolve their differences, but it was too soon now for any of that. It was all just wishful thinking and she had to be realistic.

She offered her son a small, shaky smile as she entered the den. He looked confused and trotted closer, nuzzling her cheek with his own.

“Mama, what’s wrong?” he asked. He still called her Mama, just like Noir had, even though he should have outgrown that childish habit months ago. He was a year and six months now – old enough to be an adult, really. Maybe this was the wrong decision.

“Claudius, I have something to tell you,” she began, but paused. How could she do this? He and Noir had never really grown up. They were still children. This would ruin him.

Tayui raised her head to see her son’s bold, blue eyes. He looked so serious and strong. Tayui nodded once and then continued; she owed him this.

“A wolf named Haku Soul came to AniWaya today,” she began. “He is the Alpha of Dahlia de Mai and… he is the one who killed Noir,” she admitted at last. She closed her eyes, unable to look at her son. When she finally did, all she saw was horror. “He is also your father.” Now that she had started, it was like she couldn’t stop. Claudius’ horror grew and she could see him trying to process this information. He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped suddenly as he gazed at the floor.

“W-w-why?” he asked at last. Tayui didn’t know what to say or what the question was in reference too. She took a wild guess.

“I still love you, Claudius, I—” she began, but stopped as Claudius fled to the adjacent cave. She tried to follow him into the back cave, but he shouted, leave me alone! and Tayui complied. She sat down and hung her head, staring at the entrance to the back cave. She didn’t know what to do anymore.

[/html]