Remember to stay dry
[html]

Welcome to anyone! Hopefully this counts as a duty XD WC: 355 {3 points}

Sanuye was doing a better job of keeping up with her duties since she found out that her rank was not allowed to tend to the Great Fire yet. She had been out early in the morning to get some firewood and make sure there was plenty for the upcoming season. With winter on the way, it would be sure to snow a lot and that would make the ground wet as well as the wood. The coyote knew now how important the Great Fire was to the tribe and she wanted to make sure that it never went out. The hybrid was actually sitting at home this morning working on a project. She wasn’t sure if this was needed or not, but there was no harm in being cautious. She was making a cover for the extra firewood. She wanted to make more than one so she could swap them out, but since it wasn’t snowing yet, she had nothing to worry about.

Sanuye had just finished her first one when the sun was beaming inside of her den. She peeked out and saw the sun hanging in the sky. It was daytime and she was eager to get started on her duties. The coyote crawled out of her den and began to head for the village, her project in her hands. She wanted to make sure it was big enough, otherwise she would have to head back home and add more to it. The hybrid made her way over to the pile of firewood and laid the cover over it. It was a perfect fit. She smiled and removed the cover. She needed it to help her make some more. She was going to need one for her personal firewood too. She moved away from the firewood and over to the Great Fire itself. She could feel the warmth of the fire coming into her souls and burning her heart. It was a gentle feeling and a feeling she wished would never go away. The female took a seat in front of the fire and closed her eyes, losing herself in her thought.

<style type="text/css">
.sanuye_aurora .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.sanuye_aurora .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#0e2f34}
.sanuye_aurora b {font-weight:bold; color:#56c4be; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sanuye_aurora {margin:0 auto; width:472px; background-color:#4f6c6f; background-image:url(http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1064/sanuyetop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

1) I'm pretty sure we can continue 'To Keep the Winters Warm' at this point -w- 2) Hope you don't mind my intruding :3 3) DISCLAIM: I do not own 'Fire Prayer' by Denean in any way, shape, or form.

Ralla had not begun her duties that day, having had a long night before making tallow. The substance was fickle, and over or under boiling it would've made it useless. Stretching her lengthy arms into the mid-morning sun, she began her trek through the village to the stables to get Sugar ready for a day's work. After meeting her Gata Hineyu counterpart, she had begun to focus solely on wood deliveries to the tribe members and keeping the stone circle clean. The Town Hall was more than stocked by the both of them, but there never seemed to be enough wood as the season grew more chill.

Sighting a figure near the Great Fire, Ralla walked closer, seeing upon closer inspection that is was Sanuye herself. She noticed how the coyote's eyes were closed, much like how Ralla had basked in the fire's warmth and still did, and decided to sing a little song. It was one she had recently learned from listening to Chief Dawali, but she thought it lovely and entrancing. Maybe Sanuye knew it, too...?

"We circle around the fire...

We feel the spirits near...

We know their loving presence

As we offer them our prayers."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]

WC: 315 {3 points}

Sanuye was actually pleased that she was getting her work done. She wanted to show Dawali that she had what it took to be the fire master of the AniWaya tribe. She was also please because this was giving her something to do. Most of the time she found herself stuck at home. She needed something more to do in her life. She emitted a soft sigh before counting the wood to make sure there was enough. Once she was done counting, she would lay her covers back over them and then turn to head back home. There seemed to be no other reason for her to stay here. The coyote wanted to get back home and check on her companion before taking a short nap.

Sanuye then heard the voice behind her and turned to see Ralla standing there. She remembered the snow white wolf from before when the other fire tenders were discussing their skills. She seemed like a nice and wolf and it was nice to see her turn up again. The coyote wondered if she was here to do some of her duties as well. From the looks of it, it looked like she was just here to visit and warm up from the Great Fire’s flares. The hybrid listened to the words emitted from the she wolf’s mouth with curiousity. She smiled as she approached her. ”That’s beautiful Ralla. What is that from?” She had never heard of the words before and hadn’t really read anything that would have such words. She was more into novels, ones she had been mainly gathering from the library where she met her feline friend. Speaking of which it was about time that she began to head back that way to get herself a new book. She had to return the one she finished and pick up a new one to begin reading again.

<style type="text/css">
.sanuye_aurora .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.sanuye_aurora .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#0e2f34}
.sanuye_aurora {margin:0 auto; width:472px; background-color:#4f6c6f; background-image:url(http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1064/sanuyetop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"Thank you, Sanuye. It's a song of prayer for the fire here; I only learned it recently." She was flattered by the coyote-hybrid, and had not meant it to show off. But she returned Sanuye's smile with friendly companionship, despite the blush from the compliment. "Were you just beginning your duties, Sanuye? Do you need any help?" Ralla was feeling especially sociable that morning, if not for the fact that she was eager to do something other than prepare the tallow.

She walked nearer Sanuye, admiring the other's face paint the nearer she got. The delicate patterns accented the coyote-hybrid woman wonderfully, and Ralla wondered if she could ever pull something like it off. Probably not. For now, she would stick to her beads. Actually, she really wanted to get to know more about this wolfess who seemed to know more beyond her years. Actually, that was quite accurate, since Sanuye was a few months older than Ralla herself. Quite blatantly, she asked: "Where are you from? You seem to know Chief Dawali and Nayati." She said it with complete innocence, as if she were an inquisitive pup. Was she perhaps pushing personal boundaries? Yes. It did not deter her from wanting to know. Did that make her nosy?

... ... Yes.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

SSWM: 515.

Test test test.

Sanuye was glad to see that Ralla was not trying to show off in front of her. She was not on to take kindly to it, but she didn’t also one who didn’t seem to do anything about it. She was the kind who liked to keep her feelings to herself and seemed to not like sharing them with anyone, even her closest friends; although, she didn’t seem to have too many of those either. Nayati was never really around and aside from Ralla and Dawali, everyone she had met never seemed to be around anymore. There was Liliana, but they didn’t seem to be getting along. She let out a soft sigh before she looked back up to her guest and smiled. ”It’s a lovely prayer. Where did you learn it from?” The coyote moved her ears up as she offered to help her with her work. She preferred to do her work alone, even though they were both in the same tier. She shook her head gently as she began to walk closer. ”No. I was just finishing for the day. I made some covers to protect the wood from the snow in the coming winter. I was thinking about collecting some more wood later on in the day, but for now I need a bit of a break.” The hybrid held her hands at her side and then moved over towards the fire to warm up for a bit. She was on her break and since the white she wolf was here, she figured it would be rude to head back home and rest for a while. Perhaps she would be able to go back later on and gather the wood around twilight.

Sanuye’s ears and posture pirked up when Ralla asked her about her relations to Dawali and Nayati. It was obvious that the white she wolf was not from the original tribe that AniWaya had come from, nor did anyone even mention about it to her. She figured now would be a good time to explain about them and how she came to the pack herself. ”I knew Nayati when I was a pup. I did not know Dawali until I arrived here, but had heard good things about him.” The coyote paused before she continued so that she could look to the fire. It burned brightly and the memories of her past began to flow in her mind. She closed her eyes and then opened them before looking back to Ralla. ”I’m one of the original members of the Great Tribe, the same tribe that Dawali and Nayati are from. I was raised by a wolf family who had found me abandoned outside of the tribe. They were thankful enough to take me in and raised me as their own, even though I looked different than them. Nayati and I became good friends. He arrived her in AniWaya about half a year before I did.” She paused in her tale so that the she wolf would be able to ask some more questions, that was if she had any.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Belated post >.>

"Chief Dawali taught it to me, after I pestered him enough," she said jokingly. In truth, her Chief had been more than obliging to teach her the prayers and stories, that of which Ralla absorbed like a thirsting creature in the middle of a barren desert, lost for days. She was not disappointed when Sanuye rejected the offer to work together; she understood how tiresome the duty could be. As Sanuye went to warm her hands by the fire, Ralla finally felt fully comfortable to sit near her, doing the same, and listening.

As Ralla listened, she realized how immersed Sanuye got into the tale. She may have the same penchant for story-telling as I do, she mused, tail wagging gently at the thought. It was difficult to find similar people, those days, who could lose themselves in a story and become a part of it, as if they were really there. Well, technically she was there, since this is her past... She was interested in the coyote-hyrbrid's past, but instead of bothering her further on personal matters, Ralla really wanted to know the gist of the main AniWaya pack; the Great Tribe. She had heard about it, briefly, but nothing of greater note than it was the mother tribe. But at least, then, she had some background information to pin on Sanuye, and mayhap her strange behavior when around Nayati. She may not have seemed like it, but Ralla was perceptive; it had come with her pervious training as a requirement--even if she often missed parts of herself. While she had been singing during the feat a few days ago, she had seen the forlorn look on Sanuye's face, just as when she had first noticed Liliana's looks to the male hunter as well. It was troubling, to say the least; she knew that her horse-caretaker friend loved him--had even helped her create a gift of much importance to give to him--and now her colleage of the same rank had shown similar signs. In this case, Ralla had chosen to step back from the subject of the warrior altogether for fear of causing a rift to form...

"What's the Great Tribe like? Is it much like here?" She intended to steer the conversation away from the other tribes mates now, knowing then that after unearthing them, her suspicions had been confirmed. Knowing someone from birth...could cause large attatchments. "I'm sorry; I know my curiosity often oversteps my bounds," she said while scratching the back of her neck, an innocent look donning her face without hidden intention. If there was one thing to be said about Ralla's upbringing, it was that she was sheltered. She recognized that there were evils in the world, but she had never really experienced them first-hand. Therefore, false faces were hard to come by on the whtie wolfess's expression. Only when she needed to show courage or perserverance...would the face, maybe, be forged. "It's just... Different packs and places fascinate me. Especially their differences from my old pack... And now that I'm here, I find myself wanting to know more about us." 'Us'. It had a nice ring.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

sorry for the wait. SSWM: 388

Test test test.

Sanuye smiled. It was nice to see that there were other members of the tribe who have been able to spend some time with Dawali other than herself. She was afraid he had not been getting much attention from the other members of the tribe since she hung around him the most. She wanted to break this and find out where everyone else was so she did not seem like she was bothering the chief. The coyote looked over to see the white wolf joining her company. It was nice to see that she was able to spend some more time with the wolf seeing as they were in the same tier of duties. She moved her hands back from the fire and laid them in her lap. She was warm enough now and she was sure now would be the perfect time to get to know Ralla more.

The white wolf seemed to take an interest in the Great Tribe once Sanuye mentioned it. She knew that most of the members in the tribe were not from the Great Tribe so that it as common for other members to want to learn about the origins of AniWaya. She smiled to the wolf and then pointed off in the direction she remembered coming from when she arrived to AniWaya. ”The Great Tribe is a lot like it is here. They have the same customs and ranks. I was told that AniWaya originated from the Great Tribe.” The coyote shook her head as Ralla tried to apologize for her curiousity. There was no reason for her to be doing this. She smiled and wagged her tail as she tried to correct her. ”There is no reason to apologize. I like talking about the Great Tribe.” She could see the innocence and look of interest in her eyes. She thought it was important for members of the tribe to know about its origin and the Great Tribe. The hybrid sparked up some hidden interest when the white female mentioned about her old pack. So she was from another pack and decided to come here? Why would she do that? She shook her head gently and then moved her silver gaze back to her company. ”Tell me about your old pack. What were they like? Were they like AniWaya as well?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

S'alright ^w^

Ralla felt warmth not only radiating from the Great Fire, but also from Sanuye as she shared with the white wolf her memories. It was far more comfortable an atmosphere and it allowed Ralla to maybe picture the Great Tribe. Of course she had known that AniWaya was their branch tribe, but Sanuye's rendition aroused more of a deeper connection. It also brought up the question as to why Sanuye would give up the Great Tribe for AniWaya, but Ralla felt strongly that she could never leave AniWaya. And then that stinging pain of betrayal that reminded her when Sanuye asked to describe her old pack. She would, and let the open shame pray be enough to tamp out the memory of her brother and father.

"I came from a pack known as the Crescent Moon Pack, one of four that made the Moon Tribe. There is also the Harvest Moon, Blue Moon, and Blood Moon packs, and each one keeps specialties of different kinds. The Crescent Moon Pack are keepers of ritual and tradition." It was part of the main reason why Ralla had her obsession with the stars and ancient ways; it had been borne into her. "Actually, they are a lot like AniWaya. There're different high deities, but somehow, they all tie in to a central connection and message. They dress much the same, but dressing in some ways actually conveys rank. That happens here, too, doesn't it? Does Chief Dawali wear all those feathers because he is the chief?" Ralla had never wanted to adorn herself so vibrantly, since she saw no point in flaunting a status that no one would see unless summoned by a vision she had had. And if she had decorated herself like a vibrant peacock with feathers and beads and jewelry and robes and paint, she felt that it would be the sign of the end of her freedom, so she held off on all but her necklaces that were symbolistic (one of rank, one of power). "But the Moon Tribe is so much stricter... The laws are sometimes...unfair, even if the beliefs and elders think differently." She paused, thinking for a moment. "Sanuye...even if you loved a place and believed in it with all your heart...had others there depending on you...if you were forced into something you feared most and had to endure forever, would you still stay...?" It sounded like such a childish question--and an unfair one to impose on Sanuye, since the hybrid didn't even know the fine details--but she couldn't help asking the unbiased opinion. For some reason...Ralla felt the need of outside validation; craved the opinions of others because she was so confused on the inside between what she wanted, what others wanted, and what the moon urged her to do.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]