•Character Birthdate (including year): April 4, 2009
•Species: Canis latrans thamnos
•Preferred Ark Rank: Writer
•A Secondary Form of Contact: artistbichon@comcast.net
•Currently Played Characters: N/A
•How You Found 'Souls: Top 50 Wolf RPGs
•Initial Post: [below]

[html]
This was it. Days of traveling had at last bought him here, and once he set a paw near the border there would be no turning back. Here he was now, standing on the verge of the territory, though he was careful to keep from trespassing. His back was to the wind, which ruffled his brown-patched fur every which way, but it didn’t much matter to him. Looming above him was the tree he had been looking for, decorated with all sorts of drawings. He wasn’t as literate as other coyotes so he couldn’t read the words on the tree upon looking at it, but he recognized the
“C-------- d’Arte” part, and that was enough to tell him he was in the right place.

There was a slight chill now, with frost covering the grass and no sun up yet to melt it. Slade took in a deep breath, the crisp air filling his nostrils, but the main reason he was sighing was to summon his courage. He had been looking for this place ever since he had first gotten word of its existence, but now that he was here, he was nervous. Would he be accepted? He wasn’t a Luperci. He wasn’t a wolf. Did the pack have prejudices against his species? And was he doing the right things to join? He was in a submissive pose, standing with his whole form crouched low to the ground and his ears slightly pointed backward. And he also had to remember the head; he made sure it wasn’t any higher than his shoulder. He had to get everything perfectly if he wanted to join.

Slade, just calm down, he told himself. Looking like a worrywart really isn’t going to help you show who you really are. Before he could argue with himself further, he let out a howl to signal that he was there. So far, so good.

Table by Noelle
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Welcome!! Your character is so interesting can’t wait to see how things unfold :3 I’ll get this thread moving along so you can start posting more <3

Shawchert was actually doing something other than his norm, in fact all he really was doing was reading, something he rarely did, but Orin had caught his attention to it after their stinky excursion into an old store full of books, and skink odor, but her enthusiasm for the books… well it was contagious, and he’d borrowed one of the few informational books on wolves, it was amazing how accurate humans had been about how they’d lived… though now it was much different from back then, unless you went and found a traditional pack, but that was rare these days. Upon turning a page of the book that had information on how the pack socialized a howl seeped through the wood of his home. His ears perked, it was basically asking for authority, he set the book down, not willing to go outside, but he would just to ease his curiousity though He knew Skye was normally pretty quick on getting others who were near the borders. He wore nothing but the fur on his body, though the way things were going he should start wearing something warmer… He pulled his door open and moved out into the cold air. His walk wasn’t far as he had built his house near what he’d thought was the middle of the forested part of his packlands, but he had always been wrong before. He moved closer to where the first of the pack had put their own marks to show the borders of the packlands, and it was spreading, as he’d carved a few other trees but they were not as intricately carved as the massive tree that they had the first day they’d lay claims to the area, and there stood … it looked like a coyote, He was in no way disappointed that it was a Coyote. Bangle was part, and he had a friend who was as well, though he had trouble with at least one, but this one, was in a submissive posture which made Shaw more sure of himself. He gave the young animal a confident smile.

Hello, my name is Shawchert, you’ve come to my pack; Cercatori D’ Arte, how may I help you?

He asked politely, something that would seem rather strange coming from the eight foot man, he always loved the surprised faces because the males that were all around his size threw their weight around to get themselves across, he was more of a gentle giant, and he didn’t mind showing the lighter side of himself, but right now he was a leader and he would show it, even with the smile on his face.

<style type="text/css">
.Shawfreebeez b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39675; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.Shawfreebeez-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; text-align:center;}
.Shawfreebeez p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Shawfreebeez {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebeez.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cbbe87; padding: 155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Shawfreebeez-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.Shawfreebeez-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #f0efe9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
+3

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Thanks! IC, I'm assuming that Shawchert's in lupus form? If not, I'll change this....

Slade nodded slightly in greeting, intimidated by the size of his greeter, but he managed to not shrink back. Besides, he wasn’t being threatened or spoken to harshly, was he? The wolf before him was like those characters that were big but friendly, gentle giants. And here Slade was, being the character who jumped to conclusions. He didn’t mean to slap labels on others, but somehow he found himself doing this inavertedly a lot....

Gathering his composure once more, he cleared his throat and replied, "Hi, Shadowchert. My name is Slade Auctor, and I was hoping to join your pack." He managed a smile, and made sure to keep his eyes averted. He wasn’t used to acting so formal, and telling his name to a stranger as soon as they met, but it had to be done. Again he had to remind himself that looking overly nervous would do more harm than good.

His mind began racing, as he thought about things he would use to introduce himself better. More likely than not, he would be asked how he could benefit the pack, or maybe what his talents were. Talent; that was what had bought him here, correct? He was a storyteller, and if he learned enough he could become a writer. He hadn’t heard of any other pack that revolved around canines with various artistic talents, and he was looking forward to hopefully being a part of this grand group.

And there you go, Slade told himself, looking ahead. You need to stop doing that. His thoughts were lightning, and they all came and went through his mind quickly after he had finished speaking. There were certainly disadvantages to having an active imagination, and this happened to be one of them. Sometimes, Slade really wished his mind wasn’t so much of a wanderer....

Table by Noelle
[/html]
[html]

OOC: He’s actually in Optime form ^^ I always forget to remind which one he’s in at the start of my posts ^^;

Shawchert couldn’t help but chuckle at the mispronunciation of his name, though it wasn’t hard… most wolves he’d known just miss interpreted the last part of his name and said shirt instead of chert, so it was a different mix up, but he made himself focus on the task at hand and it seemed the coyote wanted to join his pack. Shawchert raised an eyebrow, the coyote before him didn’t have the luperci smell on him, though he was still not going to turn away a new face, he just needed to see what the wolf could do.

Well in many terms we are a unique pack, what is it that you can provide for us so that we can provide for you?

His voice, deep and low, was not asking in curiousity but it was still a request he asked of many wolves that came across his borders, he knew that most of the animals that came here wanted to learn and do thing that dealt with the arts, but they were a pack after all and they still had to take care of one another, though some were better at some things than others.

<style type="text/css">
.Shawfreebeez b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39675; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.Shawfreebeez-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; text-align:center;}
.Shawfreebeez {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebeez.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cbbe87; padding: 155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Shawfreebeez-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #f0efe9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Apologies for the late reply....

Slade wasn't always the best listener, with his mind constantly racing, and it was likely due to this that he got his superior's name wrong. However, his mistake was not pointed out, which would likely result in Slade either messing up again or correcting himself later on; either way, he would feel like a complete moron, but that was beside the point. The focus of the moment was that he was being asked to list the pros of his abilities, a question he mentally readied himself to answer; now that it was actually time to reply, he had to try not to stammer.

"Well," he began, "I’ve heard that this pack is about creativity; that being said, I’m a writer at heart, though I’m not able to actually write down what I have in my mind. If possible, I’d like to learn a way, if possible, for me to write; I’m not a Luperci." Realizing he was trailing off-topic, Slade paused and resumed on-topic. "I enjoy hunting; in fact, sometimes that’s when my best ideas come to me. I’m also willing to learn better skills in other creative fields, so I can be a better asset to your pack." Satisfied with this and hoping he didn’t have to explain for hours, he concluded, "I’m young and have a long future ahead of me, and I’d like to spend it in Cercatori d’Arte."

Slade lowered his head so he was mostly looking at the feet of his greeter, still intimidated but more used to the leader’s large presence. The fact that he was standing before an alpha lingered in the air, threatening to make him lose his voice and revert to the extremely submissive mindset he usually had around strangers, but he had to do his best not to think about it. Now was not the time to snap his jaws shut. He was almost certain that a bright new future was only moments ahead....

Table by Noelle
[/html]
[html]

OOC: We can end it with your post, we don’t’ really have to play out the tour or anything <3

Shaw was rather impressed with the canine’s words, though he would imagine the man was more of a storyteller than an actual writer, he did not correct him as his next statement is one of the things he dearly wished to hear, as many of the pack members were still quite young, and some didn’t hunt, so knowing the coyote liked to hunt made Shaw’s spirit sore. He smiled, a broad grin one of a very pleased wolf.

Well then I Welcome you to Cercatori D’ Arte! If you wish I can show you around. I think you would make a fine addition to our family of artists.

He said, and he felt genuine, it was true that Slade had a long future ahead of him, and who knew what could happen in that time? He was certain that D’Arte could be the pack to help him on his way to his own happy future.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]
OOC: Thank you for accepting me! <3

Days spent wandering had all boiled down to this. Slade was either in the pack, or he wasn’t. He thought he had done a fairly good job of representing himself, save the rambling, though the question of whether or not it was enough still hung in the air. Though he was looking down, he couldn’t help but notice Shawchert’s smile. It was promising enough to make Slade’s own hopes higher.

He couldn’t help but look up at the alpha when the words of acceptance were spoken. Slade’s tail was wagging as he nodded, his amber eyes shining. This was it. He was in. Apart from the tail, he tried to stay calm enough, saying nothing during the tour, though with each new place that he was shown sparked questions in his mind that were burning to be asked, though they would be tossed aside until the next time, if any, that the young coyote visited that area.

At the end, he said a very thankful farewell, and continued on his way. His destination now was to simply wander around the vast land of Ceratori d’Arte and find out what he could. Maybe he could learn how to write a bit so he could get his ideas down on, whatever it was that the Luperci used to write. Either way, Slade’s life was heading in the right direction.

So far, so good, he thought, trotting along towards the rising sun.
[/html]