Light of Sagittarius
[html]

B-Day Celebration~!

It had been ages since Ralla had last seen her loner friend. Where could he have gone...? Is he alright? Ralla was severly worried after not seeing her friend for over a month, expecially since he was blind. She wondered how he had even made it to Nova Scotia safely, assuming it to have been a terribly hard journey. On their last trip together, they had shared much, and one of the things had been the male wolf's exact birthday, and not just the time period. Just after that, she had had that terrifying vision as he learned the luperci transformation, although it had been so blurry she had no way to determine its exact meaning. She had poured over star charts, but had been unable to determine the meaning fully. Kemo had seemed...different, after. But she yearned to see him now. It wasn't just concern for his welfare, but that she truly missed him, and she wanted to wish him success on his second birthday.

She backtracked to the hollow where she had found him during their second meeting, hopeful that he would be there. In her arms she carried his gift; a long staff decorated with feathers. Although she knew he could not see the feathers, they were soft, fallen from the back of a raven. The staff was more for helping him walk around when he was in luperci form, and its shape reminded her of the fire dance that she had performed the day before. She was still slightly tired from the performance, but it saddened her that Kemo...might not ever be able to see what she had done, or see the stars or moon...or her. That thought struck her deep, and she wondered where exactly it was leading? For a blind wolf, Kemo had given her quite a lot of looks; looks that Ralla had been unused to receiving.

"Kemo?" She called out, using her trademark howl. She was still wearing the many beads in her mane and around her wrists and ankles, so the noise of their clacking didn't leave her much of a silent approach either. She had not washed the red paint from her eyes or arms yet, so she still looked as if she was fresh from the night's celebration. Fitting, though, since she was going to go celebrate his birthday with him. If he wasn't there... Well, the hollow wasn't far from the AniWaya territory, so it wouldn't have been a complete waste if she just left the staff there.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]

OOC: Wow you really seem to be staying online quite often these days Big Grin

He couldn't remember exactly how long it had been since the last time he had seen Ralla and it was his own fault that he couldn't. The memory of the wolfess had always brought a smile to his face, even with all the sadness that came with that. Failure just wasn't an option for him. How could he allowed to even be around her if he couldn't even protect her from himself?

He pushed that thought from his mind, along with the crushing blow it would soon be dealing him. As he walked back to his old den, the place where he had met Ralla again just before heading off to Cour des Miracles, he began to think of the happy times he had with her. He went back to the time when they first met. He took his place in the den, head hanging out sadly in Lupus form. She had been the very first wolfess, hell the first creature, he had met when he arrived in these lands. Peculiar indeed, but what did it mean? Was it simply fate that tied their destinies together, or was he missing an important detail, something that could change his entire outlook on everything?

It was then that he heard the beads, the heavy footfalls, the slight crunching of leaves. He knew what his first thought would be before it even popped into his head. Ralla... but no, that just wasn't possible. It must be someone else, someone from AniWaya coming to tell him that he couldn't stay here anymore. Fine by him, this place brought too many sad memories of what could have been. She never left his mind, haunted his dreams, sometimes he could even hear her voice, which explains why he missed the small "Kemo?", but the peculiar howl brought him out of his thoughts.

Could it be? He looked in her direction, recognizing her strides, though the sound was slightly different, as if she was carrying something. He jumped out of the hollow tree and shifted to Optime form, "watching" her approach carefully.

"Ralla...what are you doing here?" He said it with a sadness, because he still believed she wanted nothing to do with him. It had been a long time since they last met, but nothing had changed in his mind.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Short >.>

She heard his voice before she saw him, and when he shifted, she was happy that her vision did not reappear, nor did she have any fear of him. No...that was a lie; she did fear him, a little. But she also feared her brother and father in that sense; it was the respectable fear of what one could not know. "I came to wish you a happy birthday," she said bluntly, smiling brightly while coming closer. His tone was sad, and she had seen his reaction when they last parted. It had saddened her, too, to hear what Kemo thought of himself. I should've never told him about that accursed vision, she admonished herself. All it had done was make him worry, and make her worry as well.

"Where've you been, Kemo? It's been ages." She said it all in her kindest voice. She may not have seen the white male for awhile, but she felt as if she had known him for much longer. It was a special kinship. "I came to give this to you; it's your gift," she said while gently reaching out to touch his hand and guide it to the staff. She was actually afraid if he would turn her away, or if he would still be saying things that she only blamed herself for. Out in the winter snow that covered the ground, they both blended well into their element, the winters back in the Moon Tribe harsh and hardy. Only the bright beads, paint, and brand stood out to mark her, and only Kemo's birthmark. She noticed him as she had noticed him the night he had first shifted. While she had thought him a handsome wolf from the beginning, seeing him in his optime form gave her a sense of equality to him; a sense that he was as gifted from the moon as she. "Kemo... Tell me what's really wrong," she pushed, the strain too much. It was a vivid memory, that vision. Red snow and dark light; the growl of the hunter in silence. Bu her fear was all grounded on speculation, as of yet. It had been so hazy that no definitive signs could be taken from it. So why had she told Kemo? Why had she put the idea into his head of the terrifying vision? "You remember what I told you, right...? That vision's nothing to worry about."

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

OOC: Awesome Big Grin

It was definitely her, her unmistakable scent now within close proximity. Moon above how he wanted to just be happy again that she's here, but was she really here just to wish him a happy birthday? There had to be something more, something he didn't get. So much had happened between them for it to be as simple as that. Revenge? To hurt him? Find out why he ran? Had she heard about the things that had been happening recently? The only real way to find out would be for her to tell him, but wait, was it really his birthday? "My birthday? Is it that time all ready?" His previous thoughts were forgotten as he thought back.

He could remember telling Ralla of his birthdate, but he hadn't been paying attention to the Moon's cycle much recently. He had no need to...time hadn't meant nothing to him. Now though, he wished he had, not even knowing when his own birthday was...but honestly..did it really matter? His last birthday turned out to be, possibly, the worst day in his life, so why should he celebrate it? He smiled, letting Ralla's scent envelope his senses again. That's why. "Well, I've been..around. Mostly just staying nearby AniWaya and sleeping in this hollow tree until someone comes along to tell me to leave. It's not far into their territory, so I had hoped it wouldn't cause any trouble." He sighed, taking a moment before continuing. "Tell me Ralla...why are you really here?"

It was then that she guided his hand to the staff, and he grabbed it carefully, just holding it in his hands in front of his eyes. "Wow..." The staff was light in his hand, warm to the touch thanks to Ralla's warmth, the gentle swish of the feathers catching his ears. "Ralla..this is amazing! Thank you!" Surely such a wonderful gift could cheer up even the saddest creatures, but Kemo was only trying his best to appear so. The staff was indeed wonderful and it was with great care that he examined it by touch and sound. Halfway through his examination he realized what he was doing and stopped, shaking his head before testing it against the ground. "What's wrong? Don't tell me that you don't remember our last meeting...what happened between us, what I did." His mind kept repeating the same thing in his head, taking the vision she had given him and turning it into his own personal nightmare.

Of course she remembered the vision. He remembered it quite vividly, or at least what his mind had imagined it looked like. She had told him, indeed, and he had taken it to heart. His mind is now slowly corrupting...though there's prolly no one in the world who could figure out why, except one. "Ralla...you of all people know what that vision has to mean. It's so clear and you know it. I never want to hurt you again..." He leaned against the staff, listening to her wonderful heartbeat and the gentle click clack of the beads. Despite everything, he really was happy just to be with her again.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

"You're not bothering anyone," she said adamantly. "This isn't our territory; unless you cause trouble, there's no problem. Chief Dawali is very kind and fair." After giving Kemo the staff, Ralla was pleased to see his face light up. It had elicited the response she had hoped for, and it was all worth it to see her friend's smile blossom. He wielded it with surprising dexterity, and Ralla watched as she was reminded of the performance the night before. She had felt so alive with those raging flames, and now all she could do was envision Kemo's pelt shining agains the fires that they had once shared on their journeys; an ephemeral memory.

"You haven't done anything, Kemo. I told you; that vision is still unclear. It could mean so much, and it didn't necessarily have any implications to you." That was stretching the truth a little... Visions came at times in the night where the moon shined its light in the darkness, and having Kemo's first luperci shift during that vision had been far too much a coincidence. But! "I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did, Kemo. It just surprised me. Whatever you can do, I'll forgive you," she said gently, believing every word. She honestly didn't think that whatever wrong Kemo could do--although he had done none to her--she would be able to forgive. Ralla's naivete was curious that way.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]

OOC: Quick Question, don't feel like googling, what does ephemeral mean?

Kemo nodded, relieved that he wouldn't have to move from this den. To be honest, the reason he had chosen to keep this place as his den was for the chance just to see her again, even if she had attacked him and told him how worthless and scum he was he would have been happy with that one moment where she was within hearing distance, her scent and sound a harmony to his senses. "Good, at least I have one thing to keep in this lifetime, for the moment anyways."

He knew he wasn't being very cheerful on his birthday despite this wolfess, who really didn't have to, showing up and giving him a gift, something he never expected anyone to do. Every time he tried to be nice, tried to act like everything was as it used to be, but ever since she had let him know about the vision, he knew it had to be an omen, something terrible was going to happen to her. Whether it would be caused by him he didn't know for sure, but he couldn't take the chance, couldn't put her in danger by being around her, all because he cared about her so much.

But here she was, still denying that the vision had anything to do with him. "Ralla...Why do you insist on taking the danger away from this? How can you just..." But then she apologized and he stopped, unable to finish his sentence. He sighed heavily, the thoughts still eating away at his mind. He had to think, had to ponder over this for a while, so he took the opportunity by grabbing the staff and started swinging it through the air, hoping to the Moon that Ralla hadn't moved into its path while he was talking. After his thoughts were clear and his mind made up, he set the staff down, taking a deep breath.

"I want you to do something for me...and I want you to really think before you answer this, don't just blurt out what you think you want me to hear because I only want to hear the truth." He sighed again, half expecting the answer all ready.

"Ralla...I'm going to leave you and I don't want you to follow me. I want you to be safe and happy with someone who deserves to have you, someone who can protect you from anything, including themselves. Someone who can look upon your beauty and smile, knowing every time they open their eyes they will see your beauty again and tell you just how much you brighten their day. I don't deserve to even be around you...even the Moon believes it so. Perhaps I was led to you to be heartbroken...fate is never clear in its ways, but I know it means for you and me to go our separate ways. So...Ralla, can you do me the favor of finding someone that you deserve to have?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Oh dear lord the drama that we create <3

His words alone made her still and quiet, their meaning echoing in her head. Leave him? No... He thought he wasn't good enough for her? He thought he couldn't protect her? No... He wanted her to leave him alone? No!

"No," she repeated her thoughts, blatant and strong. Mixed feelings of regret, sorrow, and longing pulled at her, confusing her in the most infuriating of ways. She was so used to knowing what was coming, so used to having signs guide her and the moon show her visions of others, that the turmoil inside her heart was troubling and it made her want to scream. Even more frustrating was that she was getting so worked up over it, when she was usually calm about her own emotions. "I will not make that promise, Kemo, and I won't let you leave." What authority did she have on that? What right did she have to make him stay? Nevertheless, an unseen feeling inside her that she could not place kept her talking. "You don't need to see me to know me. All you need to know is how I am; hear me. Even if you were deaf, so long as you knew that I was here. And who says that you don't 'deserve me'?" She was getting all worked up now, and she still didn't know why. "The moon never said so! It did nothing but lead me to you, and nothing you've done has proved that we don't have to keep seeing each other. I don't need you to protect me from yourself; there's no reason that you need to." Ralla said it with such a strong connotation that she felt her fists clench at her sides.

"I don't want you to make yourself all alone," she choked on those words, remembeing how close she had been to being all alone, forever. "Do you know how worried I was when we didn't see each other...? We may not have known each other long, but I worried, Kemo. I don't want you to be all alone..." And not only that, Ralla didn't think she could just let him go, knowing she'd never see him again. Kemo was no passing aquaintance to her; he was more, although she couldn't say what. She had never felt so attatched to someone before; as deep as to her family, but of a different caliber. "So stop being paranoid about all this. I'm not leaving you for whatever silly reason you can come up with."

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: Indeed <3, and you never told me what ephemeral means D: fine I'll google it ¬¬

The silence that accompanied his words was expected, the reaction to them wasn't. At first he just couldn't believe it, shock and denial written all over his face, but the sheer passion in the words was unmistakable. She didn't want him to leave...Hell she wouldn't let him even think that. Throughout her entire rant, a life changing experience for Kemo as it opened his eyes to the truth, he merely sat in stunned silence, taking in every word as if the Moon itself was speaking to him, and when she was finished, he continued the silent treatment for a few moments, taking it all in.

It was only after a few moments that he was able to speak, her words echoing within his mind. He shook his head. "Ralla...You want so badly to convince me I've done nothing wrong, that you want nothing more than to be here at my side, but I just can't figure it out...." Everything she said came whirring back through his mind as if he was fast forwarding a movie. She doesn't think I don't deserve her. She doesn't want me to leave. She thinks I don't need to protect her from myself. But the most important thing, the most obvious little detail...she worried about him. The entire time that they were separated, she was thinking about him, was worrying about him, but was it as much as he was? She didn't want him to be alone...What exactly was it that she wanted?

Despite the hard time he was having convincing himself that there was no way he was awake, the fact that it was possible that Ralla cared about him as much as she seemed to was one of the most amazing feelings he had ever felt in his life, perhaps more so than the..."events" that took place not long ago. Ralla...if only he could see her face, even just once. She was such a wonderful wolfess, someone he would gladly spend the rest of his life with, given the chance. "Ralla...I can't believe you care so much about me. I know that any other wolf, coyote, jackal, whatever would just tell me to go, good riddance, never to see me again, but not you."

He listened for her heartbeat, determined where her scent was strongest and headed in that direction, stopping when he heard her breathing at its loudest, even so much as feeling the slight breeze that was her breath hitting his chest. "I just can't figure out why...Why Ralla? Why care so much about a simple wolf like me? Is it because you don't really know me? What I'm capable of? Because if that was the case, I could open your eyes to the truth." At that moment he remembered the special gift Clover had given him and he walked over to the tree to pick up the bag, taking out his supplies and sitting on a rock near Ralla. Rolling up a joint blind was no easy task, but it was simple for him as it was the only way he knew how.

Once he was finished wrapping the package, he smiled and pulled the little box of matches from his bag and lit it up, the sweet scent of cannabis filling the air around him, putting his mind at ease. "Now then Ralla...there's something I want you to know." He took a puff, exhaling the smoke as he spoke. "As much as you worried about me, I worried about you as well. There were so many times where I nearly just ran to you again. I don't want you to be alone and I don't want to be alone. I don't want you to worry about me either, and I want you to be happy, and safe. But..." He took another deep drag. "After what happened last time we met...it's hard for me to put you in such danger like that again...I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt you..."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

I thought I did o.0 OH NOES! I'M LOSING MY MIND! ... On the other hand; can't lose something you never had @.@ AND DO YOU SEE THIS? THIS is a SoSUWriMo post! I shoulda waited T-T

When Kemo walked closer to her, Ralla felt her body go stock still, her breath still even. Kemo's size was not overly bulky--leaning more to lean muscle--but she had been so used to his lupus form and their almost similar height that she had forgotten that, in optime form, he gained the height advantage. He was so close, and she looked up into his blind eyes, an eerie feeling that he could see her there, even though she knew it was impossible. Maybe not... Alaine had said it was all in his head...

"I care...because that's the way I am," she replied in two breaths, getting a little nervous with the way Kemo was starting to behave. "No wolf should be left alone or left to fend for themselves; it's not in our nature. We may fight on a challenge, but in the end, we fight together for each other; in all instances." Oh how blissfully innocent she was. Yes, she understood there were bad wolves out there. But did she understand the magnitude...? No... She had never come face-to-face with a truly evil wolf, and so her mentality remained that, if that wolf were sick or dying, she would help them. Doing otherwise...was, in her mind, cruel. At the same time, the reason she gave him was not true...not quite. At the very least, it wasn't all the truth. But how was she supposed to explain a feeling within her that not even she understood?

She watched him move away again to the hollow in his tree, fishing around for something. She saw him pull out a bag and some paper, sit on a rock, and begin to assemble something. The leaves resembled the tobacco leaves that Chief Dawali used and that she knew were used for spiritual ceremonies--or for pleasure, as she had lately witnessed--but they had a slightly different scent; a tang that stuck to the back of her throat and nose. She stood silent as she watched Kemo skillfully wrap the leaves in the paper--the dexterity suggesting he had done it many times before--and as he lit the end with a match he had procured. She was momentarily fascinated by the match--a thing she had not used before but seen other wolves use--before that scent increased tenfold, slowly filling the air with a strange aroma. It clouded the air, blocked her sense of smell, and muzzled her mind.

In complete relaxation, Kemo smoked the strange leaves as if they were talking about any other topic, but Ralla was unused to this heady stupor and had to shake her head a few times to get it straight. Where did Kemo get that...? Not that she wanted any, but she had a feeling that it wasn't good for them... Not in the long run, at least, since that fuzzy feeling was beginning to affect her mind's clarity even more. It's just like that time with Talitha... Oh yes, she remembered the liquid fire; the drink she had thought was poison but didn't kill her. In the end, it had made the world turn completely upside down, and she had woken up feeling sick the next morning. So it was poison, in a sense, after all.

Setting her face and narrowing her eyes--that habit of courage that was more a facade than true valor--she walked quietly to Kemo and squatted so that she was on level with him. "That can't be good for you," she said. Although tobacco wasn't good for one's health either, she knew that tobacco didn't cloud her mind as much as this new leaf did. It was one of those rare times that common sense helped her deduce herbs...in an amateur way. "Kemo, nothing happened. Like I said; there's nothing you can't do that I won't forgive." She repeated that statement, not even thinking about if he had committed murder or any other heinous crime. Ralla just couldn't see the world as so dark all the time, and she couldn't see Kemo as a part of that darkness. She remembered divining his star-sign; Sagittarius, the light and darkness. She remembered the omen of his birth and his paths of possibility. But of what she had seen, she felt so certain that the light in his fate would win out. It had to. "I'm a big girl, Kemo. I can look after myself, too." There was a fact she hadn't been able to face at first. She always felt young and inexperienced next to some of her tribe, but gradually, she was growing into her years. Four months had made all the difference of her growing, and then, there she was; second rank in her Path, surrounded by a tribe and friends, and certain--for once, and maybe only for a moment, certain--of what spring would bring.

It disappeared as characteristic doubts flooded back in, but her voice held steady through the fog. "You seem so intent on pushing me away, Kemo. Please don't. I came here to celebrate with you today. One thing I can tell you is that the moon's visions are subjective. They can be changed in the blink of an eye by one small action. But although the visions are given to me, I can't see my own future, remember? And even if it did mean you, I'm tired of others making my decisions for me. I will follow my Chief and the moon, but I won't let you convince me that I can't be around you." Her heart had melted when he had mentioned his worrying about her. She reached out with a calloused hand, palm-up, for Kemo. "Give me whatever that is, Kemo?" She said it with a gentle prod; not demanding, only offering. Although his demeanor had changed a little, the man in front of her was still the same Kemo she had met. That became her mantra.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC:XD It's ok at least you know you're going to kick ass on the contest Big Grin SoSuWriMo:1,217 words (I took out Ralla's 15 word statement (shown in blue below, 6th paragraph) from the word count because I wasn't sure if that was cheating >.>) Also..*howls* my first, I think, 1,000 word post :3

Kemo wasn't quite sure what Ralla's reaction meant to him coming closer to her, but for some reason when he was standing near her he heard her heartbeat speed up. Was she nervous? Excited? Why would she be? Was he intimidating her, or was it something else entirely? He never really knew what would happen whenever this wolfess came into his life, but one thing he did know for sure was that she always managed to brighten up his day. He couldn't be sure what her reaction to that would be if he told her, so he convinced himself to remain silent about his feelings for her, for the moment, at least.

Her words, despite the slightly breathless way she seemed to say them, struck a chord within his dark heart. He could almost feel the passion and honesty within the words and it made him smile, seemingly for the first time for a reason that wasn't evil in the slightest, a truly happy smile that only she could possibly bring to such a monster. "That may be true Ralla, and thank you for saying so, but I'm afraid I'm beyond what you are saying. Wolves do fight in packs, together, but there are some wolves that thrive on being alone, some that aren't worth fighting for. I could be one of the latter, but I suppose it is in the opinion of the judger. Evil has may faces Ralla...some familiar, some not so."

He sat leisurely on the rock, taking generous drags on the joint as he kept his undivided attention on the female that was so determined to stay with him. Kemo hadn't thought twice about how Ralla would react to him smoking cannabis, but then again he hadn't cared in the slightest what anybody thought about him smoking it. Sure if she had simply asked him not to smoke in front of her, he would oblige, going somewhere private for his smoking sessions just to make her happy, but so far she hadn't said a word. It was only after he had gotten about a quarter of the way through his tightly wrapped package that she finally said something about it.

The moment she had said it he had smiled, but the combination of the words and the heightened sense of humor the cannabis gave him caused him to laugh. He laughed for a while, so much so that when he finally regained himself and tried to take another hit, he realized with dismay that his joint had gone out. No matter...Easily fixed.

With another reach into his bag and a flick of the wrist against the tree trunk, the match was lit and his joint along with it, exhaling the smoke with a satisfied sigh. "Ralla...this is just as bad for me as anything in this world. Every time I take a simple drink of water I gamble with the Moon for sickness. A simple walk through the woods can turn ugly if I just so happen to set paw on a snake. Standing under a tree could be a drastically different experience if that tree just so happens to fall. One wrong word could cause a fight which could lead to harm to me or others. You see? The world isn't good for you. This-" He shook the joint slightly. "Is the least of my problems for the moment, but if you don't wish for me to smoke in front of you, just let me know, and you will never see it again intentionally."

"Kemo, nothing happened. Like I said; there's nothing you can't do that I won't forgive." That caused him to almost drop his joint. What? The words replayed back in his mind and he just couldn't believe the implications of that statement. How far exactly did that go? Did she really mean it or did she not have a clue how dangerous this world really is. He honestly debated on telling her everything he had done, everything he still planned to do, or anything that he didn't plan to do but still happened to him, just to see if she would take that sentence back and modify it or change her mind completely. Would it really be possible for her to forgive him, no matter what the crime that he did? He doubted it...he really did...but then again...

Thankfully, his thoughts were interrupted for the moment, and he decided to pursue that statement at another time, taking another drag from the joint. "Ralla, I know that you're a big girl, Ms. Super Tough Wolfess, but I always feel an overpowering urge to look after you, to make sure you're all well and good. I'm not exactly sure why I feel this way, but I do. You can take it for what it is, but since you're so intent on not letting me push you away, you're stuck with it now." He smiled, looking directly at her. He was able to do this now through a practiced searching for her heartbeat and breathing, but distance and other factors still heavily affected it.

The speech was small, though it really did say a lot. The evidence all pointed to something that was quite obvious and clear to him now, but most of all what she said..it was right. She wanted him to stay. She wanted him to be around her. Even through all he did the Moon had returned her to him and he was given proof of his destiny once again. Kemo smiled, abstaining from another hit for the moment. "I won't then. I won't push you away anymore Ralla, never again. I'm merely trying to help you, to look out for your safety and well being by pushing you away from me, but it seems you're as stubborn as I am, so I will no longer push you away. What you said brought some clarity to my mind, and I thank you for that. The vision will just have to remain a vision for now and we'll cross that river when we get to it. I'm sorry that I took one of your visions and used it in the way I did. I was foolish, I suppose, but I just wanted to make sure you would be safe...that was and is my primary concern."

He had said the words easily, as if this was common knowledge between the pair. He wasn't really quite sure what to make of what had happened since she had arrived to give him his gift and visit him. It had certainly changed a lot of views within his mind, and his opinion on how Ralla felt about him. She didn't hate him, at least. His ears perked up as she suddenly asked for the object in his hand. He tilted his head in curiosity, looking up "at her". "Why do you want this?" It wasn't a particularly unwanted situation, but it nevertheless got him suspicious. Certainly there was the possibility that she was going to grab it and toss it into the woods. Of course he would be angry, but he was really curious as to what she planned to do. So it was with only slight reluctance that he took one more puff from the joint and handed it to her, waiting patiently to see what she would do with it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Congrats Big Grin

The more time wore on, the more philosophical Kemo began to sound. It wasn't as if she opposed the change in attitude; she only wished she knew what was going through his head. And she supposed he had a point; everything in the world was slowly killing them all. It was, in her opinion, a depressing way to look at life, but truth was rarely as sugar-coated as she might've wished. Life is short; eat dessert first... I've heard that, but I guess... I've tried to look at things more of a gift than a curse... His nickname for her made her laugh a little, lightening the mood, and her smile grew ten times wider when he conceded to not pushing her away anymore. It felt like a huge weight lifted from her shoulders when he told her that he wouldn't worry about it for the moment, and she hoped that he at least felt better about himself. After all, if he still felt as if he were a danger to her, it would show in his actions, and it would be as if there was always a giant boulder hanging over their heads.

"I appreciate that very much, Kemo," she said, referring to his concern for her safety. More than you know. "Thank you for worrying about me. We'll just have to worry and be strong for each other, okay?" She didn't, at the time, fully understand the fully gravity of those words either, or what they could be interpreted as. When he asked her what she wanted with the strange leaves and gave the rolled-up paper with them in it to her, she held it by the non-burning end. Given his explanation and the logic that yes, everything was technically bad for you, she would feel a little presuming to just snuff out the smoking leaves. That, and they were his, so it'd just be rude... Instead of doing what she originally intended, she sniffed the leaves again, was hit with another wave of dizziness, and handed the thing back to Kemo. Not for me, then... "I guess I'll skip it, then. Hey, Kemo; want to hunt?" Celebrations were typically held with dancing and singing and feasts, but Ralla had neither the resources to perform such acts--other than telling the stories, which she doubted would be appropriate at the moment--and she thought that maybe hunting would suit Kemo's tastes better. She didn't know it for sure, but it was worth a shot. That way, they could kill two birds with one stone; dinner, time spent together, and celebrating over the meal at the end. No matter what, she was set on showing Kemo that she was thankful for his birth, and that she was glad to spend it with him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: :3 Unpredictable, I thought for sure you were going to just toss it XD SSWM: 375

Kemo nodded when she thanked him, smiling widely as he thought back on what she had been doing the entire time he spoke. She had remained quiet the entire time, but did that mean she had really listened to him? There was no real way he could answer that question, apart from asking her, but he had more important things on his mind. The words she had used...the relaxed and easy way she had said them...it was certainly interesting. The choice of words and the way she said them both sounded very peculiar indeed, but what was she implying? She had used 'we' as in him and her...did that imply that she meant for them to be at each other's side? As friends..or as something more?

Before he could elaborate on this thought further, his thoughts were interrupted by a gentle sniff, followed by her handing the joint back to him. This surprised him, almost to the point of not taking the joint back, too disbelieving to think that she hadn't tossed the thing into the woods, but lo and behold, here it was, burning freely in his hand again. Luckily for him she knew he was blind, otherwise he wouldn't have noticed her handing it back to him. "You continue to surprise me Ralla." He smiled and took one last hit before disposing of the burning material. Thanks to the snow, there would be no fire hazard present, but during the summer he would have to develop a habit of burying the remains. It just wouldn't do to have his entire home burned to the ground because of carelessness.

"A hunt you say? Well of course, I would love to go on a hunt with you. It is my birthday after all, so why don't we celebrate with dinner, great conversation, and a chance to really celebrate the day of my birth. It's been a while since anyone's celebrated my birthday with me...not since...since I was..." He couldn't finish the sentence, choosing instead to turn and head for the treeline, making sure she was following him or walking by his side, whichever she preferred. "Well, thank you, at any rate. So.. what are you in the mood for?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

I like to keep people on their toes >:3 At first I had thought 'hey, maybe I can make her just crush the thing in her hand to snuff it out, with her still smiling' but then I thought that a) it was a little out of character and b) um...that would sound too much like a Howl's Moving Castle moment >.> (obscure reference, but I know what I'm talking about -w-) Btw: i hereby give you permission to pp Ralla a little in this thread to help you speed things along. That way it doesn't sound so choppy when they try to do stuff >.<

Ralla's ears perked up when Kemo confirmed that he would hunt with her. Of course she had hunted solo many times to feed herself on her journeys, but hunting in a pack; that was how wolves were meant to survive. His words trailing off worried her again, but he just turned his head and began to walk. She wondered if she should ask further, but rememberd how she had reacted to him when he had done the same. Instead she bit her lip and began to follow. He'll tell me what he wants to when he wants to. As he walked, she noticed that he was more confident in his strides. The again, she remembered that since they had met, the blind wolf had always seemed confident. And then she noticed the whiteness of his pelt compared to hers; the red paint was still there, and would be a giveaway to any prey that they would even come close to. "J-just one second, Kemo." Thanking the moon he couldn't see--admonishing herself for that at the same time--she point blank rolled around in the snow, rubbing her body down into the ground as if she were a pup again playing with a sibling. Being blind, things like color didn't concern Kemo. But their prey would be able to see her if she didn't at least try to rub the stuff out. As she packed the snow into her fur and ran her fingers through thoroughly, the ice melted from her body heat and became water, making some of the paint stain the snow red. At first it terrified her again; it was exactly as her vision had seen it. But...was that really the worst? Was that really the vision? If it was, she would be grateful that all she was doing was coloring the snow with non-permanant ceremony paint...

By the end of her session, since she didn't want to soak water through all the way to her undercoat--and thereby cause her to freeze--there remained a slightly reddish-pink hue to her fur. It wasn't as bright or noticable as before, so it would have to do. Quickly she caught up to walk beside her companion. "Sorry about that... And concerning what I'm in the mood for, it is your birthday. But then again, the choices are slim now that it's winter..." It wasn't such a despairing statement as one of fact. Their best chances would be rabbits or the grouse that were still nesting about. She had seen some goats nearer Cour des Miracles and Crimson Dreams, but she felt as if that were too close to their hunting grounds. And then there were the wapiti that were trapped in the AniWayan fence. She was a tribe member, so she could freely hunt there. Could Kemo...? Well, if she helped fell it, it would be hers, too... But they were so large, the best they could gte would be a small doe. Come to think of it... "Kemo, not to be rude, but how did you hunt before...?" She felt as if that should've been an obvious question to ask, but she couldn't remember if she had already done so or not. "Other than that, just...remember what we had back in the Moon Tribe during winter. The game's pretty close up here; just different species."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: And C) Kemo wouldn't have been able to see the smile XD and sweetness, I'll keep that in mind ^^ Same with Kemo. 521

He was glad that she didn't push further. To be honest he wasn't sure why he was having such a hard time telling her about his past, but then he realized exactly what she had felt the day they had first met, when he had pressed her for more information on her past. It was odd how well they seemed to fit together, but he didn't pursue this thought further. Perhaps someday they would be able to comfortably tell each other about their pasts and their deepest secrets without fear or regret, but today just wasn't that day.

He stopped at her request, tilting his head to the side at the strange scrabbling sounds of fur on snow. What in Moon's name was she doing? He chuckled, unable to control himself. There were so many times in his life where he was happy to be with this wolfess. She was the very definition of cute and he wished so badly that he could see what she was doing, knowing he would never forget it as the scene had to have the hilarity he longed for, something to bring a smile to his face when she wasn't here. Sight was long out of reach for him however, so he acted as if he couldn't figure out what she was doing, though it wasn't hard to figure out.

As she finished and caught up to him, he gave her his blind equivalent of "the look" as he continued walking with her. Mouth hanging open slightly, head tilted to the side, one eye narrowed slightly, as if saying what the heck was that all about, but in a joking way. Things would have been so much simpler if he wasn't blind, but he knew he was starting to sound repetitive. Instead he focused on what he felt like eating, but no one had ever given him the choice before.

Before he could think too much about the different choices present in his mind, since he wouldn't have known some of the animals she was listing in hers, unknown to him of course, she brought up a question that instantly brought up a flag in his mind. "You're not being rude, I did promise you I would show you how I hunt didn't I? Well looks like today is as good a day as any, don't you agree? It would prolly be better to show you." He smiled wolfishly, but it multiplied and grew as he suddenly remembered something, the excitement overtaking him, tail wagging madly and his blind eyes lighting up.

He stopped and turned to her. "Ralla, since it's my birthday and all, is there any possible chance of there being Caribou around here? It's my favorite meat and I haven't been able to eat it since I left the pack. Have you ever had Caribou? They were so plentiful back in the Moon Tribe's lands." Then he realized he was asking about her past again. He hoped he hadn't ruined the good mood by making her remember her past again, she didn't seem to like it much last time he did that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Good point o.0 The effect would've been lost >.>

She pouted slightly, midway through her impromptu-washing, after hearing him chuckle. He couldn't possibly know what she was doing, could he? Then again, she was making enough noise to guess... Maybe... Was not seeing better than seeing better in the end for her ego? When she had returned to his side, the look did not escape her, and she once more wondered how a blind wolf could be so facially accurate. She reminded herself: He had not always been this way... "Um... Please, just ignore that... You see, we had a celebration for the pack yesterday, and I was covered in red paint. So, um...I didn't want the prey to be able to see me as clearly..." Ralla, usually so eloquent, was stuttering over her words. How quaint.

His person became animated as he recalled the caribou that had indeed been aplenty in the Moon Tribe. They had been on the closer side to cousins of elk, but their species was close enough to that of a caribou. Not like wapiti were exactly caribou either; their exact classification could be grouped with the herd animals that the two had been used to. Too enraptured in Kemo's enthusiastic questioning--or, rather, the shift in his mood from gloomy to excited--Ralla took no offense--as was what was proper--from the reminder of her past. She was putting it all behind her, slowly. Yes, it still terrified her--the possibilities of ever having to go back and stay--but for now, she was in a place she called home, and all evils were gone for the moment. Still...she felt a bit nervous hunting the wapiti with Kemo. They were fast, and their hooves were sharp. How would he pinpoint the weak ones? How would they coordinate? Ralla supposed she would have to follow his lead and support him, convincing herself to have more confidence in this wolf who had survived for two years by himself.

"In the AniWayan territory, there are large, caribou-like beasts that we call wapiti. Since I'm AniWayan, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem at all if we hunted together. Follow me," she said, brushing past Kemo and stopping every so often to make sure he was following. At that point in their relationship, she understood that the measures she was taking were usually unnecessary--and would be a hinderance, if she did them while hunting--and that Kemo could get around by himself well enough. Sometimes, it was as if his blindness only discriminated against color and shape, not space or object. True enough; if we go hunting the wapiti, I can't be making excess noise for him to follow. The wapiti will be making enough noise of their own, but they'll hear anything foreign. As she led him along the metal, chain-link fence--searching for the break in it she usually used--she kept a lookout in the distance for any sign of the wapiti. They usually did not near the fence-line, but keeping a sharp eye was always a good idea. She soon found the break and led Kemo through, beginning a trot in the general direction that she knew were the wapiti's frequented grazing grounds. With fall swiftly turning to winter, the last swathes of dying grass were precious to the herd animals. With any luck, at least one would be weaker and hungrier than the rest; leaving for an easy kill.

Her trot soon became a sprint--slight paws barely making a sound louder than the pitter-patter of heavy rain--as she led Kemo on, looking back every so often to be sure of his following. She marveled and admired his ability to keep up and maneuver as she did, as if he were following her scent and steps to the closest detail. Smiling, she called back as much before she cut off more speech, nearing the grazing grounds. "Impressive, Kemo!" And then they were there, on the hill overlooking the grazing grounds of the native beasts trapped within the Serena Reserve since before the time of the Long Gones. They had flourished within their captivity--never over-hunted by the AniWayans, kept in balance with the seasons and abundant resources--and Ralla could remember her first hunt there vividly. She had stood and kept a doe in distraction, and had been proud to even help fell an animal. She twitched her tail gently to Kemo's shoulder--a sign for silence--as the two crept forward to overlook the crest of the brackish grass.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC:WC: 1,076 Like my little plan? I thought you might enjoy the drawing part XD

Kemo managed to chuckle again as the wolfess started stumbling over her words in an effort to explain to him what she was doing, but he didn't mind it much. The moment was going to be something he could remember back on and laugh, and that's what he had wanted in the first place. He supposed he didn't really need visuals to remember something that brought a smile to his features and he was content with that. He tried to imagine her covered in red paint, wondering if that would have come out of the white fur for the Ralla in his mind. For all he knew though, she could have had brown fur, or even black. He was lucky that he wasn't born blind, or he would never know what colors were, or even what wolves looked like, much less coyotes and jackals and all the other animals of the forest.

"It's ok Ralla, you were perfectly justified in your reasoning. I have a question for you though...weird as it sounds...can you explain to me what you look like? What your fur color is, any special markings that you have, stuff of that nature?" It was an odd question, of course, but he knew she would understand. He was blind of course and he wanted to know what she looked like. Perfectly reasonable in his mind. He listened carefully as she gave her description, his mouth hanging open by the time she was finished. He now had a perfect mental picture of what she looked like...and it was eerily similar to what he had imagined, except for the mark on her forehead.

He was glad to see that Ralla hadn't taken offense as his reminder of her past, or at least she didn't seem to. He didn't notice a change in her at the question, so that was good. His eyes lit up again as she explained to him about the Wapiti. If they were similar to Caribou, he would love to sink his teeth into that meat, his mouth watering at the thought. "Wapiti eh? That sounds delicious..my mouth is positively dripping with anticipation." He laughed, very excited that he would get the chance to taste something that was as similar to Caribou as he could get. It was a delicacy back in his native homeland and it had been too long since he had been able to partake in the delicacy.

THere was only one problem though. If these Wapiti were as large as caribou were, then they would both need to coordinate their efforts, and the only way for him to be able to keep up with his end of the slack would be for them to come up with a plan beforehand so he would know where to head and steer the large beast. He supposed they would cross that bridge when they got to it as it was at that moment that Ralla had brushed past him, starting his follow mode as he kept his attention on her paw steps and scent trail. It was second nature to him now, almost as much as he was generally able to find someone's face when he talked to them.

It was when he heard the wind blowing through thousands of little holes that he realized where he was. He nosed at the metal fence to make sure he was right, and so he was. They were at Serena Reserve, the very place where he had first arrived in this lands and met Ralla. Interesting...I wonder how close we are to the river.. And at that moment he was aware of the slight rushing sound of water and judging from the distance of the sound, they weren't that far from it. A plan was all ready beginning to form in his mind, stopping only to smile at Ralla as she complimented him. "Thanks, you're fast Ralla, you know that?" It wasn't hard to follow the wolfess in front of him, even when she sped up and began to sprint, which he matched his speed with hers. Being smaller, she was faster, but he was able to keep up despite that.

The moment he heard her slow down and stop he knew they had arrived, taking his place beside her just after he bumped his side against hers, both out of affection and to get her attention. His paw laid on the ground and he drew from feel alone a set of parallel wavy lines to represent the river, pointing in the direction of it. He could still hear it with his overly sensitive ears, but he wasn't sure if she could, hoping the crude drawing would help. Next he drew a circle with little triangles on top, touching himself with a paw to indicate that was him. He then spaced a distance away from the drawing and drew a circle with two lines on the top to represent antlers, snickering quietly as it must look ridiculous because he couldn't see it, but he recovered himself. He pointed in the direction he could hear the herd moving about and making their various grunting noises to try and label that as a Wapiti.

Behind the crude drawing of the wapiti, he drew 1 smaller sized circle with little triangles on top, touching her with a paw to label that one as herself. He then drew a line from the wapiti drawing all the way to the river drawing, placing an x at the end of the line to show her that's where she should lead him. He then drew a line from his drawing to the x, snapping his teeth together silently to indicate that's where he would attack the animal. Then he touched her circle and the wapiti circle, then snapped his teeth together again, to indicate she should strike right after. Of course he wasn't nearly as accurate in his drawing as he wished because he couldn't see it, missing circles and drawing the line slightly past the river, the drawing of himself indicating he was going to jump and snap at the air, but he hoped she understood what he was planning to do. He whispered ever so slightly into her ear. "Do you understand?" It was a basic ambush. SHe would lead the Wapiti to the river, he would jump it when it reaches the river and she would come in to help take it down.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Geez, I need to perservere and try to match your posts >.< I'm about 3000 words behind my goal T~T *looks down at post* ... She doesn't talk much, does she? @.@

His compliments to her brought a pinkish hue to her cheeks, although it was matched so closely with the color of the diluded paint that no one would be able to tell the difference. His comment on her speed, specifically, was different from when Belle had done the same; it felt...well, she didn't know at all the difference. Nonetheless, after she mumbled a bashful 'Thank you', they kept going, and she could almost feel the tension and anticipation radiating like a sun from Kemo. He had voiced his hunger for the wapiti--and, she had to admit, the beasts did ring a succulent chord with her tastebuds--and she had almost laughed at the way he had worded it. He was always so proper and respectful, it should have made her nervous. But, no; Kemo just had an air about him that made it impossible anymore for her to feel anything but comfortable.

So standing above the hill, she was twice pleased and amazed as Kemo's ears began to swivel and as she could amost hear the wheels in his head clicking and turning in thought. He had promised her that he would show her how he hunted, and now that she was going to see it, she felt as if she were going to see an impossibility of nature. So often did he have the power to see what he shouldn't have been able to that she often harped back on Alaine's diagnosis of his eyes. Just a little longer... You might be able to see yet, Kemo. It was a hope against hopes; but it held as steady. She watched both in humor and seriousness--a juxtaposition of personalities that rarely seemed friends--as he drew in the earth many different shapes. He did not exactly look at what he was doing--what would be the use, since he was blind?--but the first shapes began to take form. The wavy lines were simple and easy to understand. The river... She had heard it and acknowledged it long before as well, and knew that it was the reason the wapiti frequented the tube-shaped valley, but she failed yet to see how it played into Kemo's plan. As she waited patiently, switching between scanning the herd and the scribbles that Kemo was working on, she followed precariously--sometimes having to quickly double back on a sketch to understand--and finally got the idea at the end. Despite how some pictures overlapped, it turned out to be a very basic hunting technique that seemed almost a small extension of what she had already done. That was fine with her; since it was only her and Kemo on this hunt, she might just have the privelage to help him bring down the proud beast.

Kemo's close proximity was becoming highly evident. Her heart was already pounding in excitement for the apex of the hunt, but when he whispered in her ear she felt a shiver go down her spine. "Mm-hm," was all she could manage before she took off like a bullet around the herd, taking a moment to shift into lupus form while under the cover of the tall grass. She circled wide--being careful to stay downwind and out of sight in the brush, pleased that the browning almost mixed well with the fading red--and began to creep up behind the herd of large prey animals, stalking the one particular doe she had scouted out earlier. It was smaller and younger--maybe a bit of a handful, should it prove too full of vitality--but Ralla was betting on it being that much more inexperienced to a wolf hunting it. Betting isn't really something I should be doing right now... With a quick prayer to the moon and a fleeting check to see Kemo bounding off behind the tree line towards the river, Ralla took a few quick breaths before exploding from the cover of the undergrowth.

At once the wapiti were alerted to her presence as she sang her howl to alert Kemo of the impending stampede. As if he doesn't hear the hooves... She carefully herded her target straight on through the valley floor, ignoring all other wapiti, focused soley on the singular doe. She snapped at its hindquarters when it tried to veer from left to right while dodging the kicking hooves and kept it running, even as her breath began to catch from how long it was taking to get it to the river. It wasn't as if the river were far away, but the doe was proving to be smarter than anticipated. It zigzagged in a 'z' formation, trying to shake Ralla from its tail to rejoin the herd that had fled to the upper sides of the valley, but Ralla remained persistant. Finally, as the river's edge became a clear vision, she shouted Kemo's name and jumped to cripple the deer, sinking her jaws into its psine as her hind claws raked its legs. She heard more than saw Kemo jump from his hiding place behind a large boulder, an aggressive growl escaping his jaws as they found their target's open throat, the doe too surprised to do more than rear. They had her, that much was certain. Ralla's front pawsdug into the doe's back as she battled for balance, and she felt the pull of the doe's head forward as Kemo likewise fought to suffocate the beast to death. Jumping from the back of the wapiti, Ralla let Kemo have the final moments of the kill, since it was his birthday and privelage. His plan had worked to perfection, and only after the deer began to draw its last breaths did Ralla step forward and lay her nose to the deer's side. She whispered some ancient words she had learned from Chief Dawali--blessing and thanking the wapiti for its life, its meat becoming their sustanance and savior from starvation--and stood back, panting slightly.

"We did it, Kemo...!" that same pounding of blood in her ears had returned when she had jumped on the back of the wapiti, but she had been so engrossed in the thrill of the hunt that the transition had been unnoticeable. Smiling brightly at their victory, Ralla stood back and waited for Kemo to begin eating, as was his right to begin first. She would join in after, and maybe she could fashion the leather into a blanket to keep Kemo warm in the coming winter months with his permission, since she doubted he could craft it himself... The bones she would have to ask as well. She hated to waste anything of an animal, and even the bones could be put to use. But later. For now, it was their first kill together, and that rush of energy had yet to dissipate.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: What would be your goal? Seriously if you're almost done with SSWM then I'm going to throw down the towel XD currently I'm at 12,952 That whole post she said 4 words XD 914

Kemo was excited now. He was glad that his crude drawing was able to help her understand his plan and he couldn't help but notice the little shiver she had received just after his whispering into her ear. Before he could give her one of his trademark comments however, she was all ready taking off toward the herd, which he took as his cue to head to the river and take his place in wait. On his way to the river, several thoughts ran through his head at that moment. It was becoming easier and easier to admit that he loved being in Ralla's company.

The other thing he couldn't shake from his head at the moment was the fact that he wished he had thought of a more spectacular plan than he had. It had been entirely too basic in his opinion, but he of course understood the danger and unpredictable nature of these large animals. A lot of predators thought prey animals were simply stupid creatures who were only put on this earth to feed the predators and nothing else. It takes a strong push by fate to convince them of the truth, the fact that these animals were not as stupid as they appeared. They knew how to run and they would do whatever they could to survive, as any other living creature was born with the innate need to preserve itself. One false move with these creatures could severely injure or even kill an overly arrogant wolf or wolfess, the poor creature getting trampled under large hooves or impaled on a wildly swinging antler.

He had heard stories from the pack of this very event happening to an arrogant and naive wolf who had a bright future ahead of him. He was foolish enough to think he could take a full grown buck on by himself and set out to do just that. He never returned alive, his fate determined by the Moon to die at the cloven hooves of that deer, brought back by a scout who had been patrolling the borders at that time. Kemo had never forgotten the story of that male, seeing the look of shock in the dead male's eyes as he never saw the hooves coming straight for his face.

He was brought back to the past with the sound of a very unique howl and the pounding of hooves. It was time, so he took his place behind a large boulder and waited, pressing himself against the boulder and straining to hear over his adrenaline induced rapidly pounding heart. He heard the lone wapiti getting closer to the river, the snapping of Ralla's jaws as she guided the beast along, the gentle splashing of the river behind him, and he tensed up, waiting for the moment when he would be called upon to strike. His entire body literally shook with anticipation, the muscles in his legs set to fire on a hair trigger, fur standing on end, until he heard Ralla calling his name and the Wapiti could be heard close enough for him to make his move.

Instantly the world slowed down to a crawl as Kemo waited just for the right time before launching himself out of his hiding spot, snarling viciously just before he sunk his jaws into the beasts neck and twisting himself to rip and tear as much as he could. He could hear Ralla on the beast's back and knew it would have been one heck of a sight to see that, but he didn't have time to focus on anything else at the moment. He clamped down on the beast's throat with all his might, listening carefully to it's slowly slowing heartbeat. Slower and slower it began to get, the energy and fight slowly draining out of the creature until finally, with one last mighty heave and a wheeze, it's hard stopped and the creature when limp in his jaws.

He released the creature and turned to look at Ralla, smiling even though blood dripped freely from his jaws. The thrill of the hunt left a wild and dangerous look in his eyes, but it was only because his mind was still locked back in its primal state, as it often did when he hunted or became extremely angry. He managed to call himself down though, heading over to her and nuzzling her neck happily. "Indeed we did. We make a perfect team don't we? At that moment he reared back his head and howled long and loud, signifying his kill to the world and calling forth to the Moon as well. When he recovered, he laid a paw on the Wapiti's side and said a small prayer. "Moon guide this creature safely to the other side. Thank you for the wonderful bounty we are about to recieve." He then dug in, covering his muzzle and face with the creature's blood as he knew Ralla would step back and allow him to eat first. Once he took a few bites, he motioned for her to join him in his meal.

"Come on Ralla, this is our dinner, so help yourself, it's delicious. Our first kill together...I hope this will be the first of many to come." He smiled, bloody muzzle dripping, before diving in again, the meat so wonderfully juicy and succulent. She had been right, these creatures were similar to caribou and they even had their own unique spin on the taste as well.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

I'm just getting later and later with my respond times -.- Also: jeez, I can't keep up with your pace every time o.0

Smiling, Ralla was not perturbed by the bloody visage that Kemo made, since it was a completely normal way to sometimes end up as on a hunt. She herself had been splattered with a prey animal's blood before; it was often unavoidable, and so it had been drilled into them that it was fine. She leaned her head down next to Kemo's and began to eat at the wapiti doe's carcass. She remembered her first hunt again and how sweet the meat had tasted as part of her spoils. It was no different now--actually, it tasted sweeter, and she wondered if it was because she had actually felled it this time--as she stained her fur that crimson red again. The two of them tucked in nicely, eating down to the bones and sinew--she hadn't realized how hungry she was--until she had to just lay on her side from being so full. "I'm never...eating like that...again," she huffed out with intermixed chuckles. "Moon, that was fun! How's was it on your side, Kemo?" She had to say, for a blind wolf, he had performed quite impressevely. Now, she was no expert on hunting--far from it--but timing was crucial on such a maneuvre, and having sight was usually the only asset capable of timing it correctly. Obviously, her suspicions had been proved wrong.

As she laid in the light layer of thin snow, most of it melted from her body heat and the wapiti's radiating warmth, she began to roll around again to wash herself of the red mess. At that point it sort of hurt to move--she had never been so full and satisfied--but she went on, pawing at the air a little while laughing. "I can't even stand! But Kemo; you proved me wrong. I'm quite impressed!"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

OOC: Haha it's ok, I am late with mine too Big Grin

Kemo dug in the moment he could hear her taking bites out of the meat, the two wolves far too focused on their meals to talk while they ate, which so many were used to doing before their time. When the meal was finished, Kemo had noticed they had both finished the entire carcass, leaving nothing but bones and gristle. He sighed and laid back against the ground, the snow not bothering him thanks to his thick winter coat. "What a meal." He laughed with her, patting his stomach happily as he laid back against the snow, staring up at the sky before him in between paws, though nothing would ever penetrate his own personal darkness.

"I have to say, I haven't had this much fun since I was a pup, Thank you Ralla. This is the best birthday I've ever had and the most fun I've ever had on a hunt." He laughed, trying to frame the setting sun in his paws so it looked like he was holding it, though it was a futile effort as the sun didn't give off any sort of sound or scent to locate it. The afternoon was wonderful, perhaps the best day he had ever had in his life, the only other day on par with this would have been the day his father allowed him to hunt on his own for the first time. Sadly and ironically, that was also the worst day of his life..the day he had lost everything of his old life and family.

One thing he could lock on to however was her face, so when she complimented him, he rolled to his side and did just that, smiling widely. "Thanks, I told you I could hunt blind, impossibility of nature? I have proven you wrong!" He laughed, which helped him irk away the sadness that had been settling in. "You were amazing though, have to say, I wish I could have seen you. From what I've heard, however, you are very fast and very vicious." He turned onto his back and stared up at the pitch black, everything. "I would definitely love to have you with me on a hunt, we would be well fed for the rest of our lives." He sat thoughtfully for a moment, then a smile returned. "In all seriousness though Ralla, thank you."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]