There's no place like home
[html]

Set to 2 days before the birthing thread?

Necklace link. Since she's spending time around the house, they could meet on Giddy's way back to the house?

He had been hoping that he would run across her for over a week, now, but they hadn't managed to cross paths yet. Gideon didn't like to feel like a stalker and hoped that he didn't come across as one; he simply wanted to see her. The fact that he was waiting outside her greenhouse in the bushes watching the house was just a coincidence. He had something that he wanted to give to her and that he'd had since the day he and Saul had discovered the chest of treasure on the beach.

It would look perfect on her, if she chose to wear it. A long, shiny silver chain, a large sparkly rock attached to an even bigger red-tinted rock beneath it. It was very pretty, even in his eyes. There had been more flashy jewelry in the box, but this simple ruby necklace had caught his eye from the start. He didn't know what it was about it that he liked so much; it wasn't a complex piece, but it seemed perfect.

The male was about to give up for this morning, though. It was a few hours after dawn, but maybe she wasn't awake yet. Hmmm. He got up and stretched, holding the little black box high above his head. The shifted luperci hadn't seen her in ages and had changed a lot; maybe she wouldn't even recognize him when she saw him. He began to head back toward the house with a sigh, box still in hand.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">
Wee yeah. <3 391.

The past few days she had hung around outside the Victorian house, coming and going as was her manner. Mostly at night and mostly when no one saw. Yet Bris was growing bigger, almost too big, and her time was almost up. No one had to tell Nayru that and no one had to ask her to come. In the middle of the night she had left her green house, watering what plants needed it and headed back to “home”. Attached to her ankle was of course her dagger and anklet Bris had constructed, but aside from that she left everything in its place in the green house. It would all be there for her when she returned in a few days.

Dawn had just broken when she came into the Victorian house, to find it still and silent. Slowly she padded about the house, checking in rooms where the doors were half ajar. Some souls she found sleeping and some she found missing, but none awake and able to talk with her. Even Gideon. Especially Gideon. It had been some time since they had spoken and just as much as being near Bris during her birthing Nayru had looked forward to spending some time with her friend. To live alongside him and the others again, if only for a few days. Yet he was not here and she pulled herself from the warmth of the house once more, settling herself on the steps to the front door, drawing her knees up to her chin.

For a long while Nayru enjoyed the solitude, her mind slowly peeling apart all the possibilities of the day. It would be sunny enough; perhaps she would go hunting and bring it back for Conor and Bris. Or maybe she would spend time with Range and Melee. Saluce too needed to be visited, although she saw him every now and then to tweak her training, which had become somewhat of a solo activity as well. Most her activities eventually did. All that would only be killing time, because Nayru knew that whatever she did do with her day it would all be dropped when Gideon came back. Deciding this she closed her eyes, knowing she wouldn’t go hunting because what if she went out when he finally did come in? Better to be still and wait.

[/html]
[html]

These guys remind me of the song "realize" by colbie caillat XD the music video for it. wc: 278

He knew that the day of his cousins' birth was coming up fast, but he hadn't paid much thought to it recently. Gideon had his own little world going on in his head and his own priorities, and wasn't sure what he could do about the birth anyway. He did have two pups of his own but he had found them and hadn't actually been present during their birth. When he'd found them he had guessed them to be around a few days old, if that...they'd been tiny, skinny, and hadn't had their eyes open or anything yet.

So Gideon wasn't sure what his role would be in the pups' birth. He didn't know if his aunt would want him anywhere nearby or would want him to get her anything; he wasn't a female and wasn't even sure how much of this worked, so he doubted it.It was his family, though, and if she asked him to be then he would be there whether it made him uncomfortable or not. She would probably be more uncomfortable than him; the one thing that he did know about birth was that it was painful.

The darkly colored male was just coming up to the house when he saw her, a vision on the front steps to his large and spacious living space. What was she doing at the house, he wondered. He offered her a large smile as he approached, slipping the box up behind his back so that she wouldn't see it until he was ready for her to. "What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" He asked. "I was just over at the greenhouse"

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">
SSWM: 334, I will have to look that up on youtube XD .

Gideon was home suddenly, strolling up the path and Nayru raised her head from her hands when he spoke. Smiling she nodded at his statement, finding the humor that he had been looking for her and she for him at the same time. I wanted to be near Bris, she is due soon, so I'm going to stay here for a few days. Or whenever the pups came. She grinned then, her voice teasing just slightly, knowing the Gideon wouldn't mind but asking anyway. If you don't mind sharing your room with me that is. Nayru could have easily taken up her old room, but she hadn’t even check to see if someone else had taken up residence in it. Perhaps Range and Melee would stake out their own bed rooms and claim her empty one. Either way she had left it empty and hadn't gone back in since leaving. The girl didn't intend to open it back up now.

Scooting over she indicated the space next to her, for Gideon to sit in. Idly she noted that he held his hand behind his back, but she didn't say anything about it. Whatever it was, it didn't concern her. Or perhaps it did, but she did not question it. Merely she waited for the boy to lower himself next to her and she turned to him, the thoughts that had been running through her head suddenly coming to life and spilling forth from her lips. I was going to go hunting, stock up some fresh kills for Bris and Conor, but I wanted to wait for you. How are Melee and Range doing? She saw them often enough to know they were healthy and happy, but she did not get to talk to them as often or as intimately as Gideon did. He was their father and she was just Nayru, and almost she felt sorry for this, but it was life and it went on, no matter the roles they played in it.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin ok! wc: 875

He couldn't be completely certain that Melee knew about what had happened to her as a pup, with the mysterious dark female abandoning her and her brother, but he assumed that Range had told her. He hadn't been sure how to tell her. Range had come to him and had asked him about it outright during one of their many interactions, but he didn't see Melee quite as much. She seemed to be enjoying the freedoms that he had given the brother and sister as they had grown, simply asking that they be back home by dark. If they didn't come home by then then Gideon would go out and look for them. It would also be useful for them to come home by supper time if they wanted to eat, but he left that up to their own judgment. If they had gotten food somewhere else, with another pack member, or had hunted their own then by all means.

The conversation with the little boy had completely frightened Gideon. He hadn't known how to deal with the questions that Range'd had, and he'd answered them as best as he could, giving the male a complete and well rounded answer to each of his questions. He hadn't tried to hide anything from him and had told him every detail that his mind had been able to recall at the time. What the female had looked like, that they'd been born with another sibling that had died, that they had almost burned up in the fire. He had decided that night that he would try and find their mother if he could, even if it was just for his own peace of mind. He had to meet her. Maybe to tell her that her children were alive, maybe to tell her that she would never see them or meet them as long as he was alive and able to stop it.

She had lost her right to any opinion about the pups when she had thrown them into the fire and ran away. A would-be murderer, that was what she was. No better than a murderer. He wondered whether she was a pack wolf or if she had been a loner and what her story was, exactly. When he looked at Melee and Range now he could hardly bear the thought of not having been there for them as they grew up. The thought of them dead in some fire. That was why he had to find her. For an explanation, even though he doubted that it would make much of a difference.

He often found himself lost in thought, so lost that he found himself ignoring the things around him as he thought. Today was one of those days. His mind kept going back to that dark wolf, no matter how many times he tried to get her out of his head. "I have her stuck in my head, Melee and Range's mother." He blurted before answering her statement in turn. "And..well. I guess it's ok. It'll be a rabbit, though, for each day you're here. In exchange" He joked. "But this wolf...I might just need you around, Nayru, to help me clear my thoughts before I sleep. I've even started dreaming about her for some reason."

It was obvious that he was distracted. A nice run and the concentration of a hunt would probably do him some real good. "It's a good idea to get stocked up...I bet they'll appreciate that. I have a sling that I might want to use if you don't mind; I just got it and I need to practice with it. Unless you're thinking about going after something a little bigger. We could get something big together and then go for a few smaller beasts, too?" He wasn't sure how she wanted to go about it.

Melee and Range were both doing very well, growing and beginning to develop their own unique personalities and quirks. The girl was getting around better than Gideon could have expected with her twisted paw, and he was very proud of her in that way. Range was also maturing in his own ways; each night that they came home he took time and asked them what they had done that day, who they'd met and what they had learned from their experiences. He wanted to know what he still needed to teach them, and it was a good way to gather information on that as well.

Some day he would want to have more pups, he had decided, to add to the large Stormbringer family. Dahlia seemed like the perfect place to settle down and raise a family. Now that he was a full adult he was thinking about things like family and what his family meant to him more and more. Nayru didn't have any of her blood-related family here as far as he knew, and he wondered how she felt about it. He'd never asked. He considered Bris and Conor to be a mother and father to him, and he had his siblings as well. "Melee and Range are doing great. Range loves going hunting with you...it's all he can talk about some days. I really appreciate that you take them out"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
SSWM: 555.

Nayru tilted her head at Gideon's confession that the woman who had birthed his adoptive children was on his mind. Since telling her of how he had found them the woman hadn't been mentioned, at least not to Nayru and she had quite nearly forgotten where Range and Melee had come from. It was almost as if they had been part of Dahlia de Mai all along. Yet quickly he answered her question with a teasing answer and Nayru was ready to put away the woman once more, until Gideon persisted with his troubled thoughts. Was the memory of the woman really bothering her friend so badly?

Gently she laid a hand upon his arm and smile sympathetically, although unsure of any comforting words or advice she might give. Nayru hadn't seen the woman, knew nothing about her, although she doubted Gideon knew much himself. Only what she looked like and that she had left her own children for dead. That seemed enough to plant her Gideon's brain, seeding and sprouting into some un-ignorable growth. Well Iwon't let you to sleep thinking of her. I'll tell you bed time stories if I have to. Nayru smiled, hoping that her support helped her friend but unsure if she could really chase the woman out of Gideon's conscious.

And then Gideon spoke of hunting and Nayru nodding, listening to the charcoal male speak of all the different game they could gather. With the two of them they could take on large prey animals, but they might be harder to locate in the first place. Squirrels and rabbits were plentiful, and Nayru was intrigued when Gideon said he had a slingshot. She always hunted with her dagger in optime, sneaking up upon creatures or giving chase in her stealthy way. Had she not been so small and silent her way of hunting would never had been successful. Even though she was very skilled at how she hunted, she was always eager to learn more, and had often thought of a bow and arrow herself, though she didn't know who could craft her one or help her learn to use it.

I'd like to see your sling shot. We can get some smaller game and come back here before Melee and Range come home. You can go get the sling shot in a while if you want. Nayru didn’t mind lingering on the steps with Gideon, talking about Melee and Range, or what they had been up to, or what they would like to be up to. It seemed so rare they had time to just talk as often as they did when they were kids, so much time Gideon devoted to the children and Nayru was often at the other end of the pack, holding down the eastern borders.

I like being with Melee and Range. They are great kids Gideon. You are doing a wonderful job with them, really. Her soft voice was softer then, as if seemed to get whenever she was really serious about anything. Melee and Range were turning out great, she was proud of them, although she felt she had no reason to. They were Gideon's pups, he had done the lion's share of raising them and Nayru had only been on the sidelines, but she was pleased to be there at all.

[/html]
[html]

Dude. Nayru dreams of the white woman, Gideon dreams of the dark one o.o And this post is crappy, I'm really tired XD But Ilu. wc: 202

Time together was harder to come by these days. Gideon had been trying to make time to come and see her but often got caught up doing other things or working on his pack duties. He was glad to be in the adult ranks and felt like he was more able to make a difference in the pack this way. He had done many of these things as a Lehrling, but now he felt like they really counted. His head came up when she said that she would distract him from the dark woman and he gave her a grateful smile. "Alright." He said simply. "And thanks. I just do..whatever I can." It wasn't hard, just day-to-day things.

She seemed interested in his slingshot and he moved to go inside and get it. It wasn't far, just in on the porch, and he had it in his hand and was standing back outside in a few split seconds. He wanted to give her the necklace before too much time passed, but wasn't sure if it might ruin their day. What if she didn't like it? He decided in an instant and thrust the box toward her, head down. "I got you something!"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
Weee, Nayru is still so awkward. ^^ SSWM: 558.

Gideon so humbly accepted her praise of Melee and Range and Nayru said no further on the subject. She knew that Conor and Bris had been concerned with the boy raising pups all by himself, and that was perhaps one of the reasons he had stayed in the Victorian home rather than joining her on the eastern edge. They had talked of it once, when the pups had first come, but Gideon had never made the move out there and Nayru had never questioned him as to why not. His presence wouldn’t have upset her, and even for a short time she had looked forward to his company, but when he did not appear she did not take his absence personally. Nothing had ever come between them before, there had never been any reason to doubt their friendship, and so Nayru did not think anything of it. He had his life here, and she there, and at times their paths would cross and Nayru would be grateful when they did.

The ebony boy rose and went inside the house, Nayru imagined her had left to fetch the sling shot. As he left her she stared off into the distance, the scene familiar to her but foreign at the same time. Living in this house she would often sit on the steps, but it had been a long time since she had done so and the snow and ice had set in, changing the landscape into a world she hadn’t seen before. So many details there were to take in Nayru could have stared all day, at nothing and everything all at once, but Gideon returned much more quickly than she had expected and she turned to see the sling shot, but was surprised to find something else thrust toward her.

Oh Gideon, what is it? No longer was Nayru unaccustomed to receiving gifts, but the items she had now had been bestowed on her for special occasions only. Bris had given her the anklet to mark her shifting, to mark her becoming an adult. Saluce gave her the dagger only as his apprentice, as a student to his craft and with the promise she would use it only for good and the benefit of Dahlia de Mai. Both gifts had been simple enough to understand, but as she reached out and took the box with slender fingers, she could not imagine why Gideon had chosen to give her anything.

Lifting the lid Nayru discovered the necklace. It reminded her of the anklet she wore always, but was simpler. The red of the single stone matched nearly perfect the brilliant hue of her eyes, and the clear crystal above it was nearly invisible against the white of her palm as she inspected the jewelry. To say it wasn’t pleasing would have been dishonest. Both the fact that Gideon wished to give her anything at all was pleasing, but the colors that went so perfectly with herself and the stones she already wore pleased the girl as well. Thank you Gideon, it’s lovely. She held it in her hand, unsure then of what to do with it. Then turning up to him, her eyes curious and kind, she smiled, hesitantly, unsure of if her next words were right or proper but not really caring. Would you put it on me?

[/html]
[html]

That is OK Giddy too 8D wc: 317

He never felt more unsure of himself than when he was with Nayru, though he tried desperately not to let that show when he was around her. He didn't want to let her know the effects that she was having on him; more and more he found himself unable to think or speak when he was around her, his heart pounding nervously, his throat dry. These were just a few examples of things that happened; there were many more that were not as noticed by him. He swallowed a few times as she opened up the present and looked at it, his heart thudding in his ears in the silence.

She seemed to like it; she asked him to put it onto her. He took the necklace with hands that shook slightly, cursing to himself mentally for the tremors, and attempted to clasp it behind her neck. It looked like it would fit just fine, which he was glad for. It took Gideon a couple of tries to get it to open and close, the tiny metal pieces making curse out loud a couple of times before he had it clasped correctly. "Saul and I found some treasure in a chest on the beach" He explained. "I'm thinking about giving Shiloh one, too" Maybe then it wouldn't seem quite so odd for him to be giving her something. "But, uh, not that you're a sister to me, that I think of you as a sister..I don't"

Ohhh, he was saying a lot of things. Not wanting to dig himself even deeper into this hole and unsure of what he could say that would correct what he had just let out, he grabbed for his slingshot and took a few steps down the front path. "Hunt! Yeah, let's go hunt now..." Hunting, that was what they'd do. And he would stop allowing himself to sound like a fool.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
LMAO. You actually made me laugh out loud James. Giddy is adorable. We don’t need to keep going if you don’t feel like a hunting thread, we can just fade it to black so it’s just a nice and smooshy kind of thread? Or keep RPing if you waaaaant. SSWM: 303.

Nayru smiled as the male fumbled with the clasp, but the light touch of his fingers sent strange electricity through her skin. So often when her friend touched her it was just warmth and security and Nayru couldn’t understand the sensation just then. It caused her anxiety, but it was pleasurable in a exciting way and she was almost sorry when he pulled away having completed his task. His words came then and she focused on them, trying to forget the confusion that his fingers had caused, but his words were just as puzzling.

Gideon spoke of Shiloh and Nayru smiled, knowing that Gideon was close to all his siblings. Although she hadn’t bonded much with them she loved them as she loved all of the Dahlians, but especially that they were important to Gideon and Bris. That Gideon wanted to give his sister such a present did not seem strange, but that he suddenly compared her to Shiloh was. Nayru had never thought of Gideon as a brother, though he had been the closest thing she had to a sibling within the pack lands. Still, they had always been friends, the best of friends, first and foremost and that Gideon now stumbled over whatever it was Nayru was to him was strange.

And quickly he moved down the steps, before Nayru could formulate words to try and sort out the situation. It seemed Gideon was content to have their roles muddled and move on to hunting. Following his lead she stood, less awkwardly or rushed, and moved toward the large man, noting just how much he had out grown her despite the few months she had over him. Placing her hand on his shoulder she smiled at him, nodding in agreement in her merry and easy going way. Yes, let’s go hunting.

[/html]