Fireflies in the sky
[html]

Arachnea's Revenge! Early evening. (It gets dark fast this time of year DSmile

He wasn't too far away from Dahlia, within a decent run, but far enough away that he felt as if he could get a bit of privacy. Gideon enjoyed domestic life with his son and daughter, but occasionally the single father felt the need to go out for a run or a nice walk to clear his head. The male was shifted and stood tall on two feet. He had learned how to shift the month before, and was now unable to figure out how to get back down to his lupus form. He'd tried imagining what it would be like to be on four paws again, wishing it would work, believing that it would work, but nothing.

The night sky was clear, and he tilted his head upward to stare at the dotted canvas above. The stars were shining brightly tonight! As a pup, Gideon had been told that the little dots of lights were fireflies that had flown too high and had gotten stuck. He didn't know any other reasoning behind the lights, so this was what he still believed. The male smiled up at them before continuing his trek away from Dahlia. The woods of Arachnea's Revenge were thickening, blotting out the stars, but he didn't mind too much. He would probably turn around to head back after a bit more walking.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Whee~ <3 WC: 523

She had been enjoying the walk, as always, through the forest named Arachnea's Revenge. I wonder why it's called that... mused the Lykoi girl. If it had anything to do with the arachnid natives of the place, it wasn't aptly named, for she hadn't seen very many on her trip so far.

As she went along, she sprinkled seeds from her bag in places on the forest floor which were untouched by tree growth and had ready access to sunlight. She hoped to promote appreciation for plants-- the seeds she threw were a mixture of pretty, bright flowers and ferns, along with some Cannabis sativa seeds she'd been collecting. If she could get some of the plant growing in the forest, the trip would be even better!

Sage felt as though the ability to experience her freedom was one of the main points of living; she was inclined to travel. She had felt a little sad to be traveling alone now, since China had gone off to make new friends herself; but still, this might be a good way to meet the other residents of the land-- and she would always take that opportunity.

The sandy colored Lykoi hummed to herself as she went; it was silly, but a pretty tune nonetheless. She wasn't as musically skilled as her sisters, but she did enjoy creating little songs, mostly for her self or any forest critters that might take interest. The deer and squirrels seemed to most enjoy her tunes.

An almost constant companion to the graceful girl, a long joint smoldered between her fingers. She brought it slowly to her lips, breathing in the earthy smoke. As she exhaled a spherical cloud, her golden eyes found the stars peeking through the sky. Sage winked back at them and smiled. What a lovely evening... A breeze rolled over her as dark brown waves of hair wrestled to cling to her face; she turned her head to the source of the wind, welcoming it to play with her.

As her head turned, a scent caught in her nose. There was someone else nearby! Excitedly, she hunted with strict concentration through her haze until she saw, her eyes squinted against the wind, the dark figure a couple hundred feet ahead of her. A lovingly warm smile graced her face as she changed directions and walked towards him. "Why, hello over there!" she called out-- her voice was soft. She raised a hand in a brief wave as she approached, noticing the male's striking eyes. Oh, handsome... Sage narrowed her own eyes coyly, head tilting to the side. "Are you enjoying this beautiful evening alone, friend?" The girl wondered if he was alone on purpose; sometimes they were. Sage was not one to linger when she was not wanted, but this male at least did not seem threatening. Good thing. She inhaled another hit from the joint, being sure to exhale away from him.

<style>
.sagepot-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.sagepot {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sagepot b {color:#8e891e; font-weight:medium;}
.sagepot {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... epot-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:196px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#71b007; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:2px dotted #71b007;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

My apologies on the wait :< I don't have steady internet, and am playing a bit of catch-up! wc: 591

He had been wondering about shifting back down into his four legged form, but had been unable to so far. Gideon was adapting well to being on two feet, though, and wondered what benefit being on four legs would give him anyway. The main thing that he was used his two legged form for was fishing and other forms of hunting. He could barely remember hunting on four legs any more. On two he could work his fishing rod and bring up a nicely sized trout, carp, or salmon where they were available or use his large fishing net to gather up mussels and smaller fish from the ocean.

There had been once case where using the rod had gotten him into some trouble, and the scars on his hand twinged a little bit as he remembered it. He had been sitting on the cliff side next to the ocean with his hook in the water, a very strong line drifting a bit in the breeze. He'd let a lot of line out, unsure of how deep the water beneath the cliff was and wanting the best chance to catch something big. He had gotten in a bit over his head with the shark that had taken his bait.

He was lucky that Layla had been there with her medical kit and herbs; the shark had broken one of his fingers and it was still a bit twisted, but nothing too major. A few deep cuts and a partially dislocated shoulder had been his only other injuries. The thing had caught onto his hand pretty well and yanked its head from side to side when he had tried to remove the hook. After that he'd been pretty angry with it and had after it had released him he'd given it a good club over the head and they'd had a feast of shark meat that night.

His stomach growled a little bit and he looked back behind him toward Dahlia de Mai. Should he go back and get his fishing supplies and get himself something to eat? He was considering this when he heard a voice and his head snapped back around, his body going into a defensive posture. He wasn't much of a fighter but had size on his side in most situations. He was prepared to defend himself if needed or to run away before he realized that the stranger's tone had been friendly, kind even. They appeared from the darkness inside of a cloud of odd-smelling smoke.

Who were they? He could smell another scent beneath the smell of whatever was in her hand, but it wasn't terribly familiar and didn't spark any connections inside of his head. "Hello, Miss." He was still processing the fact that the stranger was friendly and was taking time to look them over a bit as he replied. "Uhh..I guess so. I was getting a little hungry, but I didn't bring any food with me. I'm from the pack back behind me...Dahlia de Mai. I'm Gideon. What's your name?"

He hadn't had many social interactions with canines from outside of Dahlia, and let his gaze meet hers occasionally, keeping it toward the ground or toward the smoking joint in her hand for the most part. "I don't meet many strangers in these woods, 'specially pretty girls like you." There was no filter between what he was thinking and what came out of his mouth, and he closed his mouth with a light "mmmph" sound when he realized that he'd spoken it aloud.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Weird post, sorry! <3 WC: 504

The handsome man came into full view, and Sage greeted him with a happy smile. His voice came out quickly in response to her greeting, his tone friendly.

"Hello, Miss." he spoke, simply.

The earth child lifted one petite hand again, waving another small greeting to him, returning his friendliness. She did enjoy hearing this honorific given to her; she hadn't been old enough to be called Miss for long, and smiled gratefully at his polite behavior.

"Uhh..I guess so. I was getting a little hungry, but I didn't bring any food with me. I'm from the pack back behind me...Dahlia de Mai. I'm Gideon. What's your name?" he responded to her simple question.

"If you like, I'm sure we could find something you could eat around here." she glanced around airily, halfheartedly, her yellow eyes half-closed in the haze of her high.

She didn't mind hunting, and in fact it's how she had obtained most of the skins she owned, and several that she wore. Others had come from already-dead animals whose carcasses she didn't mind using to her advantage. Of course, she always provided their remains with a proper burial.

"I am called Sage River Lykoi, Gideon. I live in Inferni." she responded in her sing-song voice, with a genuine smile. "I've never been to Dahlia de Mai, but I don't think it would be very wise, would it?" she gave a small laugh, trying to make light of the packs' shaky peace.

It was good that this wolf was friendly; she was unsure how well other members of Dahlia might react to an Inferni coyote. Her ears flicked back briefly, thinking of such confrontation. That was something she certainly hoped to avoid.

"I don't meet many strangers in these woods, 'specially pretty girls like you." he added, seeming immediately embarassed by his words.

Sage gave a small giggle and glanced at him sideways, her yellow eyes fixed curiously on his vibrant green ones. She got compliments on her looks fairly often, it was true, but rarely from men. Her praise had mostly come from her sisters and other relatives. Sage's packmates in Juniper Peace had also been quite complimentary.

"Gideon, you're very kind." she said in her dreamy voice, gently placing her palm on his shoulder. "I don't meet many handsome men like you, either." she added, her tone quiet, friendly, and flirty. She fell silent, eying the young man as she took another puff of the joint still smoldering between her fingers.

Already she enjoyed his boylike charm. It had been some time since she'd interacted with boys closer to her age; recently it had mostly been girls, and older men. Not that she minded, either way, but there was a certain appeal to his innocence that appealed greatly to the Lykoi girl.

<style>
.sagepot-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.sagepot {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sagepot b {color:#8e891e; font-weight:medium;}
.sagepot {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... epot-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:196px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#71b007; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:2px dotted #71b007;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Please note that pieces of my post that you quoted in yours shouldn’t be included in your word count for sosuwrimo, as you didn’t write them. Just making sure that you knew! <3 I wasn’t sure if you did. wc: 295

Gideon wasn’t very good at guessing the ages of canines that he came across and definitely had a bit of social awkwardness about him. He supposed that it didn’t really matter how old someone was as long as the conversation was good, though, so he wasn’t too concerned. But was she a “miss” or a “ma’am” or what? He frowned slightly, unsure. She seemed to have a youthful spirit about her and hoped that he hadn’t misspoken by calling her “miss”. She didn’t seem to have minded much, continuing to speak, and his smile returned.

Her name was interesting to him, sounding foreign as it rolled off of her tongue. ”Nice to meet you, Sage. Or do you go by Sage River? I only have two names, myself, so I don’t know the protocol on it. Are there plentiful prey creatures around here?” He inquired. Her joke about Inferni went completely over his head and he cocked his head to the side, a bit confused. Why wouldn’t she want to come to Dahlia? Gideon had come to the lands after the war, and knew next to nothing about it. ”I don’t know”

It wasn’t good to judge someone based on where they lived, though, he felt. The only thing that he really knew about Inferni was that they lived up northeast of his pack and that they didn’t like wolves too much. She called him handsome and put her hand on his shoulder. Gideon stared at it for a moment with wide eyes, then looked back at her face. He’d been meaning to ask what that was in her mouth; the smell of the smoke made his nose itch. ”What’s that, Sage? Is it..on fire?” It had to be on fire to be smoking, right?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Thanks for letting me know that, btw, I didn't know before, and am definitely gunna have to go back and change my numbers a bit. @_@ SSWM: 502

”Nice to meet you, Sage. Or do you go by Sage River? I only have two names, myself, so I don’t know the protocol on it. Are there plentiful prey creatures around here?” Gideon inquired politely.

Returning his friendly manner, Sage gave a warm smile and inched closer to him, if not for anything else than to share his body heat. It was a chilly night, and she realized with despair that she'd left her comfortable, fuzzy blanket at home which normally would have kept her quite warm. The Lykoi girl's tawny mouth formed into a small frown before she turned her attentions back to this handsome dark stranger named Gideon.

"You can call me whatever you like," she said, playfully allowing her eyelids to drape carelessly halfway over her yellow eyes. "I've never been here before, truthfully, but my nose tells me there are at least several nice small meals nearby." her dreamy tones hung between them gently, and she brought the joint to her lips again; it was nearly half gone now.

”I don’t know." came Gideon's response to Sage's comment about Dahlia.

Perhaps he didn't know about the war? Well, that was a welcome change. It surprised the young girl, though, that his own pack would not tell him of such recent violent history between Inferni. She was glad for the break, truth be told; Inferni's reputation was bad enough as it was, without adding all the war drama into the mix. So, she remained silent at his response, feeling it unnecessary to describe to him what she had seen, the dangers that had been so prominent in the recent past.

Sage noticed the boy's glance to her hand as she placed it upon his shoulder; it was clear to her that female attention had not been incredibly common in his life so far. The girl grinned; she could not help but enjoy flaunting her beauty and ability. The attention she received was all too tempting. Her slender, gentle form sidled up next to Gideon, nearly touching him now, his warmth seeping through her grateful body. She held the joint in the hand that was farthest from him in polite gesture, as he opened his mouth to inquire about it.

”What’s that, Sage? Is it..on fire?” Gideon questioned, clearly regarding the joint between her fingers.

"Oh, this?" she said, holding it up in front of his face with small, nimble fingers. "Yes, it is on fire. It's a cigarette made out of marijuana." her serene voice carried gently and she smiled, offering it to him, her yellow eyes meeting his intense green ones. "Would you like to try it? It's very good." she added as it smoldered and smoked between them, inviting and friendly.

The young Lykoi girl would always offer to share if the other party seemed interested enough; she could not help but want to spread the joy. It was her favorite drug, after all, and in truth there wasn't a whole lot about it that was bad. It was a painkiller and mood enhancer, among many other things. To Sage, it was something that everyone should at least try once. What wasn't to like, after all?

<style>
.sage-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-z29 b {color:#120A02; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-z29 {background-color:#A86D31; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/sageriver.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4D2F10; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sage-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

:xx <3333!!! And lol, Gideon. He’s way too innocent >_>; wc: 373

He didn’t like to think about things like war or fighting. Gideon wasn’t against such things, if there was a purpose behind them, though. He had defended the territory alongside Conor, Saluce, and Bris against a lone outsider that had come in without permission named Noss. But he wouldn’t normally just go out and fight or threaten anyone. It had scared him to see his aunt and Conor so protective and serious, but he had taken a cue from them and had acted according to how they did, their posture, their flashing teeth and raised fur. He had made a nice show of it. The thing that he didn’t like about fighting , he supposed, was just that he didn’t like to think about his family getting hurt. He had protected the lands against Noss that day because he had feared for his pups’ lives, back in their house. He couldn’t let a threat get by.

Gideon had never heard of smoking, cigarettes, or marijuana. He had lived a very sheltered life indeed, it seemed. He didn’t know if it was because this behavior was one that Dahlians shouldn’t do or if it was something that he simply hadn’t heard of before, so he was quite curious about the stuff. He was a wolf who was always looking for something new to do; once his pups were a bit older he would have a lot more spare time to himself to fill up. Perhaps meeting up with Sage and hanging out with her would become a pass-time of his. She offered it to him and he took it in his fingers as she had. ”I suck on it?” He asked, staring at it before putting it between his lips and inhaling.

His virgin lungs didn’t seem to like what he had inhaled, however, and he pulled it away from his mouth as both his lungs and throat began to experience a burning sensation. ”Ahh..” He coughed. ”I’ve never smoked before…is it supposed to be like this?” He didn’t know if he liked it enough to try it ever again, but watching Sage…perhaps he had done something wrong or perhaps the experience would change over time. ”Why do you smoke it?” He asked curiously.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

I have no good reason for taking so long to reply to this. SORRY. ; ; <333 ilu though. WC: 332

It was always fun to see peoples' first reactions to the drug; this boy had clearly never been around any type of drug. Maybe not even alcohol, she thought with a small, gentle laugh, meant only for herself. Of course she would not make fun of Gideon for being such a novice. After all, there was a first time for everything. Hers had just been, mostly, much sooner.

”I suck on it?” he asked, unsure.

The earth child smiled kindly as he fumbled a bit with the joint, nodding her encouragement. The boy inhaled, and seemed to immediately react to the smokes burning and that irresistible urge to cough. She leaned towards him as he doubled over in a coughing fit, her small fingers resting lightly on his shoulder, then patting his back briefly, her soft words hopefully assuring him.

”I’ve never smoked before…is it supposed to be like this?" Gideon said, seeking reassurance for the sensations in his chest.

"It's okay, love, that's all very normal. It's easy to get over the coughing when you feel so delightfully free and light afterwards." she said with a friendly smile, her voice dreamy and airy, trying to make him understand that he only coughed because he'd never done it before.

"Why do you smoke it?” the boy asked curiously, apparently not yet feeling its effects.

With another gentle giggle, the girl replied: "Give it a few moments, Gideon, you'll know when it happens." The earth child hoped he had inhaled properly, but judging from the handsome ebony man's coughing fit, he had done it just right.

"I'm a little surprised you've never tried it before," she said lightly, a grin on her face as she reached out and squeezed his arm briefly. "Why don't we take a walk?" she suggested, yellow eyes glancing prettily up to the sparkling stars, gently pulling his arm and beginning to move her feet, hoping he would agree.

She didn't really know exactly where they were or where they would go, but it didn't really matter.

<style>
.sage-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-z29 b {color:#120A02; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-z29 {background-color:#A86D31; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/sageriver.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4D2F10; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sage-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]