Wintery riding
[html]
OOC: Anyone can post <3

-----

Niro decided to head back to Dahlia borders, once again, this time he found himself being more confident to use a horse, so that he would have more time with his children, he found the mare that Heath had trained him on, and that he’d been practicing since then, little by little, it felt good to be off his leg, though it was almost fully healed he could feel the cold enjoyed to make his joint hurt more. The ride to Dahlia was quite eventless, although the horse and Marahute didn’t seem to get along too well, there wasn’t a scuffle, Marahute tended to fly overhead the whole time. Niro had lots of things to think about as he moved through the eclipse and the valleys that lay between Cour des Miracles and Dahlia de Mai. He rode up to the borders of Dahlia, finding the area where he’d first howled for his children.

He was not apprehensive this time as he was excited to see how much they had grown, he lifted his head in anticipation and howled, hoping that at least one of his girls would come to him, sliding off the mare, he waited for the children he’d fathered, and yet was not much of a dad to.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]
SSWM: 482

Hibernal was the next day and she would spend the whole day hunting. Conor had explained the tradition to her (and at her insistence many of the other Dahlian festivals and traditions she had been unaware of) and she took to the idea at once. Though as a child hunting had seemed impossible, life without the sport now seemed unimaginable. Nayru was a different being when she hunted, and to deny that half of her would have been unnatural. Tomorrow she would indulge to her heart's content, uncaring of how many live she took. She would suffer no guilt, knowing that the flesh of those she slaughtered would soon be in the bellies of the Dahlians when Conor lit the bonfire and they all feasted. The anticipation for the next day was almost unbearable.

Yet the day would come soon enough and until then she had other duties to attend to. Wahrer. She took the job seriously, as she took any job that Conor gave her. The moon cycle before she had been just a spaher, but with no wahrer to report to. Now her job was much the same, except that Gideon and Saul had been promoted to right under her. And they both did well, rarely did she have to speak to either of them about the borders for she could smell the lingering scents they left behind when she did her own border rounds. Which was what she dedicated this whole day to. She would remark every inch of the Dahlian borders before Hibernal tomorrow, and already she had done the whole east border and was working her way west when she heard the unfamiliar call.

On two legs she did not travel very quickly, though one could not call her stride slow by any means, and she arrived upon the scene not immediately. Yet the caller was still where the sound had originally come from and Nayru slowed herself before approaching him. She was still some ways off and doubted that he had noticed her, the wind wasn't in his favor and unless he looked directly towards her she was easily overlooked among the snow and shadows. Creeping up she did not mind if he saw her then, but she made no effort to announce herself until she was only a few yards away.

"Hello there sir. Could I help you with something?" The young woman strode forward, her head high and ruby gaze on the man's face. She took in his horse and thought of Liliana in Aniwaya, the only being she knew to own and ride a horse. Yet this man's scent was not of that pack but rather a pack unfamiliar to the fairy girl. Well, soon enough she would know the name of that pack too, and store it away in her brain with all the other tidbits of information that Nayru felt important.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 361 OOC: Big Grin ty for replying sorry for the wait ! ; ;

Niro waited for his children for a while, but nothing… maybe that whore of a woman was keeping them from him, even though she said that he could visit them. He grumbled to himself thinking she would do something like that, make him out to be the bad guy. He waited though, and didn’t want to trespass in any way. Then someone came, it was not Maggie, or Poppy, or even Foxglove… it was a stranger, great… now he would have to explain himself, and Lolita probably told everyone he was some horrible wolf out to kill his children. When she spoke though, it was pleasant, curious, and Niro thought that maybe she hadn’t been sent.

Hello, I’m Niro Takekuro. I’m visiting from Cour des Miracles, I’m trying to see my children.

His face grew flush, and he cursed his light fur, he was sure she saw him blush. He knew it was a rare circumstance that wolves who were not mated had children, even more so to those who were from different packlands. It was hard on the male himself. He would have joined Dahlia just for his girls, if not for her threat.

It seems I may not see them today after all.

It hurt him to say that, but it had been a while and the three, or at least one of the three hadn’t come. He felt a great disappointment. He rarely got to come to visit as it was with his work, and loyalties to his own pack. However there was someone who may have influenced his childrens life some how. he had forgotten that he was sitting on the horse and found his manners and slid off. Marahute took that as a good sign, and though her unhappiness towards the horse she flew lower, until she landed on Niro’s opposite shoulder, so his head was in the way of the horse. The eagle was more intrigued by the woman. Marahute was a very protective bird to say the least and Niro had been the only parent she knew. So it was only right to get a good look to make sure it was all ok.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
SSWM: 366

Nayru dipped her head just slightly in greeting to the man, his words formal but not unkind. Niro Takekuro from Cour des Miracles. She would remember the pack name, in case she came across any other wolves that hailed from their lands. Although his greeting was proper enough he did not show any submissive signs and Nayru did not like that he still sat so highly on his horse. Even more so she did not like that she was unaware of which puppies were his. Was it possible this was the father of Melee and Range? Yet no, that wasn't right at all. The small tinge of fear that had crept up dissipated. Whoever had given the children their names knew they were Souls, unless the woman who had birthed them had been a Soul.

The man slid off his horse then and Nayru was glad to be more on level with him, although she stood shorter than anyone she knew. The bird that had been flying above suddenly was before her, upon his shoulder and she eyed it critically. Although the horse no longer seemed strange to her, that a bird would follow a canine was quite odd indeed. Nayru knew to some that these animals were companions, but a part of her couldn't help but look at them as anything other than food. They had, of course, distinctive personalities, but were in many ways unable to express them without the ability of high speech. And carnivores were not always meant to make friends with creatures of prey. What was the difference between the deer she hunted and the horse he rode? Nothing except one was lucky enough to live under the protection of a canine.

"Greeting Niro Takekuro. I am Nayru." Her crimson eyes swept over her face once more before she continued. "And who might your children be?" T here was only one other litter aside from Melee and Range but the question was natural and one could not expect Nayru to know who this man had or hadn't fathered. Eclipse did not count, as she was the only child in Dahlia de Mai lucky enough to have both parents living with her.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 319+3 OOC: :3 trying to make it easy for ya to reply to, but I think he’s at ends of what to do haha

He could see she was a formal type of wolf, though he was more laid back he would remember this, for now he would be polite as he could. She was nice so far, not unwelcomeing. He smiled at her question. He did not hesitate to give their names out, and it made him wonder how many litters there were, maybe it was really good they stay here, they only had one litter in Cour des miracles, but they were so young still.

They are Poppy, Foxglove and Magnolia Monroe.

He said, he wasn’t sure if she met them or not, that was not the matter at hand, he was rather embarrassed to say that he had mated with Lolita though, she was cruel in her words to him, though he did not let the anger show that he still had for her show this time about thinking about her. She’d been rude and cruel to Niro, but he had seen the way she treated her daughters, and knew she only seemed to dislike him. He didn’t see why, he was never mean to her, not until she had demanded him not to move to Dahlia.

I had hoped to see them, it’s been a while,

He said sheepishly, he was looking like a worse and worse father, but he did not want to give excuses, things happened how they did, if he was able to he would camp out near the borders and try again the next day. He promised himself he’d come to visit for at least a weeks time every month, it was the best he could do before he would have to return to his own pack. Today might be wasted, though not on the young female that stood in front of him. She looked a bit younger than his own mate, though she looked rather mature for her age, it did make him think.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
SSWM: 444

The man’s words met her ears and Nayru couldn’t help but feel relief. She had known, of course, that this was not the father of her beloved Range and Melee, but fear was a fickle feeling and even in the face of logic it could rear its head if one’s heart was really invested in something. The names he gave her were only vaguely familiar, familiar in the way that anyone’s name was if they resided in Dahlia de Mai. Not unknown, but they were not among those Nayru saw or spoke to often. Which was not uncommon for the lass, who spent much of her time alone, and if not alone with a few select individuals. All of Dahlia de Mai and its inhabitants were precious to her, but she did not know them all on an individual basis. She did not know his children as anything more than names, but it seemed that for this meeting that would be enough.

"I’m sorry that they are not here to greet you themselves, but I can assure you they are alive and well." And though she could not confirm this knowledge with stories of seeing them or speaking to them she knew it to be true. Had anything happened to children of Dahlia de Mai so young she would have known, for if Conor had not told her she would have found out, one way or another. The comings and goings of the pack members were more closely monitored by the black and white lady than most of them realized. She knew when the numbers declined and why they did, and usually she knew where those who deserted the flower pack went to.

Nayru did not know where the children and their mother stayed, and even if she did she did not feel at liberty to offer Niro access to them if they did not come when he called. The woman did not know why the father of a Dahlian litter came from another pack, but she did not ask him any questions on the subject, merely turned curious eyes upon him. Truly he seemed a kind creature, only wishing to see his children, and Nayru wondered why they did not come. Perhaps they were only slow in responding, it was the only optimistic idea she could offer. "To have come all this way and not see them is a shame. Perhaps they will come, I can wait with you here if you’d like. " Other than that they girl did not know what to say to the man, and she only stood there, waiting for him to decide the rest of his day.

[/html]
[html]

WC:448 OOC: zomg sad papa, haha

For some reason Niro could see relief in the womans eyes… but only slightly, it was so subtle, if he hadn’t been paying attention to her so intently, he would not have noticed, but this he did pretend not to notice, that was her business and if he hadn’t done something wrong he would not encourage a fear towards her. she did seem to want to reassure him, and in some ways she did. Though he did know Lolita… no matter how much of a bitch she was, would fight tooth and nail for their children.

Thank you, I’m sure they are quite safe in your pack. She’s probably just locked the door on them.

He said, feeling thankful at Naryu and hurtful towards the woman that had bore his children… the one who should never have but did. He still blamed her for every bit, using his naïve self, giving him that drink and not warning him of the intense effects it would have on him. He was so glad he didn’t remember that night. Though as she spoke that burning anger subsided. He knew not to let such anger out on someone as innocent in the situation as Naryu.

Thank you yet again I honestly won’t take up too much of your time.

He said with a smile, she was nice, though formal, something he was not entirely use to in the pack of misfits, he knew that he needed to respect others and show his leader his own submissions, but as he was still new to the idea of packs, it seemed like she was a stiff neck… though in a good way.

I have not heard much about your pack, even though we have been neighbors. I did hear some about the war, I came here when it had started…

He said, though she wouldn’t know about the war in its entirety, she looked too young to have even remembered it at all, but that would not matter, a conversasion was what it was and it was just the beginning of something to talk about as they waited for one of his daughters to appear. He couldn’t help the disappointment he felt when he learned they weren’t coming right then, but he would have to get use to it, if he had been a member of the pack he could have seen them when he wanted to… maybe this was why she did not want him to join the pack? Was she afraid he would make them love her more or something? The answer to that was unknown, but he doubted that would be the first reason, though it could possibly be one reason.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
SSWM: 513

Although the man did not seem to have faith in his children’s appearance that day, he lingered, and Nayru settled in to stay with him. Her crimson eyes watched him closely, wondering about the male who had fathered children to one of the litters of Dahlia de Mai. What had brought him and the Dahlian lady together in the first place? The girl knew very little of their mother, the woman was missing from every pack meeting Nayru attended and their paths had never crossed by chance. The only clues to her or her children’s existence were their scents littered about Dahlia de Mai, clinging to the trees they walked near and the ground they stepped upon. Yet Niro’s words seemed resentful, though he said little, and Nayru simply bowed her head to him. "I am unfamiliar with your situation." The words were light and hesitant, barely there so that if Niro chose he did not have to acknowledge them. Nayru would never ask directly, that would have been rude and it was really none of her business, but she left the floor open for Niro. If he wished to tell her anything more of his children or their mother Nayru was there to hear it. And if not she did not mind turning the conversation to a more familiar topic.

Niro spoke of Dahlia de Mai, and his limited knowledge of the pack. And as with all that were unfamiliar with Dahlia de Mai in a more intimate way, he seemed only able to recall the recent war. The patch work girl bowed her head, her voice trying to find a little volume so that these words more than any other would stick. "That war happened before I came to live here and has been over for more than half a year. Dahlia de Mai has known peace for many months now and may it know peace for the rest of its time." How weary it was to always speak of that war, the one she hadn’t ever known, but so often it came up. So often the past shadowed the present and Nayru found herself sucked into a time when she did not even know of Dahlia’s existence. She would prevent anything like that from happening again; she knew that it was her calling to stay in Dahlia de Mai for just that reason.

"Sadly I know little of your pack, so we have this in common. How about we play a game? You tell me something of Cour des Miracles and I will tell you an equivalent fact of Dahlia de Mai. Then we switch, I’ll tell you something and you tell me. " She smiled then at the male, her face more youthful and friendly than it had been before. Though still formal in words and manners her actions could at times be whimsical and childish, and it was now she decided to let some of her reserve down. Games had always been fun, as had the quest for knowledge, and so rarely did she indulge in either anymore.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 409 OOC: Oh nice a game!!!

Niro was in no way giving up on his children, he gave up on their mother, who no doubt made it certain they couldn’t see him, even though she did say he could see them. He was going to wait in any case, he loved them enough that he would give them a chance to come. Naryu hinted at wanting to understand his situation, without trying to be rude.

Well… It’s not so complicated I guess, I met her at the shattered coast and we shared some vodka together, I didn’t know the effects of being drunk, though I cannot let myself make that as any kind of excuse, but it seemed one thing led to another, even though I don’t remember any of it…

He was quite embarrassed of the story, as it wasn’t something that was normally done, and to tell someone as young as her, kind of made it a bit more awkward, but he felt he didn’t put anything out there, though enough to let her know that they had sex, and that they had made the children.

I found out a month after they were born… it came as a big shock as you could say, and I suppose she thought she did not need me because she threatened that she would move out of Dahlia somewhere else where… where I wouldn’t know where they were, if I moved here…

He said, knowing he had all the intentions of moving here, but not becoming her mate, still struck him, he wanted to still do it, but her threat made it impossible for him to do such a thing.

Yeah, I merely mentioned it, just to let you know of the only thing I know about this place

He said in truth, it seemed to not approve of wanting to talk about it, perhaps because it was before her time, in any case the subject was changed to something much more pleasing, and he smiled… a game huh? Well he was up for something challenging in any case. He thought that they could start out small first like…

Well the leader’s name of Cour des Miracles is Vigilante

Yes that was a good start, he thought, he’d at least learn the name of Dahlia’s leader, though he was sure that Lolita had mentioned it before, but he was sure that Naryu could use the information about his own leader, at least in name, as well.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
Lol yeah, I thought it would be fun ^^ SSWM: 546

Her gentle prodding yielded results and Nayru was silent and respectful as Niro spoke. He hadn’t needed to explain the situation to her, but he seemed to be at ease with the patchwork fairy girl and Nayru was glad that she could obtain information without ever directly asking for it. Of course, what he said was confidential and she wouldn’t tell another. There was no one to tell anyway, and if there was she rarely repeated words spoken to her. What knowledge she collected was for her own benefit, and only if it would help Dahlia de Mai did she ever dream of breaking another’s trust, and she seemed to convey that without words. Perhaps it was this silent and unassuming nature that made others open up to her so easily, but she could not explain it. She could only be glad that her presence put others at ease.

Niro spoke of the night his children were conceived and Nayru was surpised to hear that their existence had not been brought about because of love or lust but simply alcohol. Vodka. The word was not completely foreign to the girl but the substance was. None of the intoxicating liquid had ever passed her lips, but the girl knew that Dahlia de Mai was in no shortage of wines and other such liquids if she ever cared to seek them out. Yet if they caused such situations as this it was perhaps best to avoid them all together. The curiosity was there, but the motivation to experience it was lacking. At least for now.

"Ah, I am sorry that the path to your children is not more open for you, but perhaps one day you will live alongside them. " It did not seem likely anytime soon, but the Monroe lady wouldn’t have control over her children’s lives forever. Niro seemed a kind man and it would be a shame for his children never to really know him, yet Lolita was of Dahlia de Mai, and as such Nayru respected her choices and would uphold them, regardless if that conflicted with Niro’s interests. Neither children nor mother were here now, and Nayru saw no harm in continuing her conversation with Niro. After all, his presence at their border was temporary and surely such a small interaction would not anger Lolita.

She smiled at the small fact Niro offered her. Vigilante. It was a strange name, but Nayru thought it sounded lovely. Perhaps one day she would come to know the leader of Cour des Miracles, but if not at least she had his name. And Niro would have Conor’s, for it was only fair. "Conor Soul leader Dahlia de Mai. " She smiled then, the mention of the man brought pride to her heart and she didn’t wish to conceal this. Conor was a reliable leader and she was please to serve under him. "Dahlia de Mai’s territories are very diverse. We have two human towns, forest and fields. We have cliffs and shoreline and so much more. I do not believe we lack in any sort of landscape. " Her voice broke into a small thrilling laugh at the end, crimson eyes merry waiting for what Niro would come up with to match her own fact.

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: Big Grin

It felt good to speak to someone other than Vigilante about what had happened, though he had told his mate, it was more to let her know that he was the worse wolf than her. now he was able t get it out there. Even if Naryu was a total stranger, it seemed he chose well as she gave him comforting enough words.

Yes I would like that. Every day that passes by without them just makes it harder to leave here when I have duties to my own pack.

He said. It hurt and he knew it but there wasn’t much he could do about it. He knew they were being taken care of at least, she was so protective over them, and he saw her keep them in line, so what could he do? Take them from their mother? They would never forgive him. As she spoke of her leaders name he kept that in his mind, making sure that he would remember it for future references.

We too have various lands, with the cliffs and forests, beaches and a valley. Though I know of only one town. But we have the stables which house our horses, and the Chien Hotel that houses a few of our members as well.

He said, thinking of what else he could possibly learn of her pack. It wasn’t easy, he was a hunter, and not much of a politician.

We’ve got numerous horses, and I’m training a few birds as well, and we also have sheep, though I don’t know why we hold onto those things.

He said, that was good, he didn’t know if they had any horses, and he was interested in knowing if there were anyone else that was a bird enthusiast such as himself. This was pretty fun, he smiled. Thinking to himself what might come up next or what he might ask next when it came to his turn again.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]
SSWM: 349

Nayru nodded as Niro spoke of their own lands. The pack he came from seemed to have a varied landscape as well, a valley which Dahlia de Mai lacked (although Nayru thought of the ravine with its steep slopes) and stables with livestock. They had no livestock but Nayru did not miss it. Aniwaya too had livestock, and perhaps there were other packs that held animals captive, but why? Couldn't they just as easily hunt? What gave them the right to restrict the movement of other creatures? As predators they had the right to take their lives, but prior to the moment Nayru wanted nothing to do with the prey creatures, except to coexist alongside them. Niro said they too had a town and Nayru smiled secretly at this. Halifax was a city, but aside from the concrete jungle just south of Dahlia de Mai, Wolfville was perhaps the biggest town in the area. Very few places could compete with the fullness of Wolfville.

The next fact Niro gave Nayru caused her to laugh, as his words echoed some of her own previous thoughts. He knew not why they had sheep, but she did not know why they had animals at all. Yet Dahlia de Mai also could cultivate and tame life that was once wild. "We have no livestock, but we have vineyards. Mostly they are left to their own devices, but when someone does take the time to cultivate them the fruit they produce is immense. We can make wines and other such products from them." Was there more that was on par with Niro's fact. Did they grow anything else? Nayru couldn't think of anything.

"Hmm, Dahlia de Mai will soon reach its third anniversary in the spring. As I hear it we one of the oldest standing packs in the land, second only to Inferni. " She smiled then, for this was indeed something to be proud of. The girl was sure that Dahlia de Mai would persist longer than a mere three years, but having been established for three years was surely an accomplishment.

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: Big Grin

Though Dahlia did not have livestock, they did have vineyards, which he had seen as his children lived in one of the houses close to there. He smiled, thinking of the sweet taste of wine, though he was more parshall to harder liquors, he had to swear off them because of Amaranth, she would find herself enjoying it too much and would end up getting drunker than Niro had the night he conceived his children.

That would make good for trade if you ever need anything from other packs, I know that wine is valued in some areas.

He smiled, he would trade for some now if he actually had anything worth trading for a bottle of wine. At her next fact he had to think, he remembered the celebration of the pack’s first birthday so he knew how old it would be, but he had to remember when it was.

The court will be two years old at the end of the spring. We are younger, so we have some potential, though nothing as grand as your three years standing.

He commented, thinking it true. Packs meant a lot to the man, he could tell they made a whole world of difference, with structure, though there were rules, it made it so that the area around the packs were much more peaceful, unless in a time of war but Niro had yet to see such a thing. He hoped not to either.

The majority of our packs are mainly mixbreeds or outcasts, or those who are lost.

He said, though he had to admit… he was a pure blooded arctic wolf, so he was only a part of the outcasts, that was his thought, being from Florida he was sure to be considered an outcast. Until now of course.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]
SSWM: 556

Nayru smiled as Niro spoke of trading. As much as Nayru concerned herself with pack to pack relations, meeting leaders and scouting their lands, making sure that the other packs looked upon Dahlia de Mai favorably, she had never considered trading with any of the other packs. Had never thought Dahlia de Mai had anything worth trading. The fairy girl had always felt that a pack’s worth came from the members, and it was only when Shawchert had mentioned offering his own pack’s services to others that Nayru had considered the idea at all. Even then Dahlia de Mai hadn’t been part of the equation; they had no specialty such as performing music or art. Others wanted wine though? What did the other packs have that Dahlia de Mai wanted or needed? They were happy and healthy as they were, but to have the option was always a good thing. Just in case. It was something Nayru would think of more, perhaps in the spring become serious about cultivating the vineyards.

Niro spoke then, and it seemed Cour des Miracles wasn’t too far behind Dahlia de Mai. The girl smiled and dipped her head. "Two years is just as grand as three, when you think of all the packs that falter before even one year." One year. She was barely one year, and to consider all she had been through already. Two or three years was so much more than that, and to think! Perhaps one day Dahlia de Mai would creep up on it’s fifth, sixth, or even seventh birthday. How long could one pack stay together when so many members came and went? Inferni, she knew, had the deepest roots, but just how long the clan had persisted she didn’t know. Nayru couldn’t help but admire the clan for that.

The male spoke again and Nayru was more interested with this fact than any other. A clan of outcasts? What made one an outcast? Those who are lost? Well, most of Dahlia de Mai had been lost at one point. At least, many of the younger members. Nayru did not know if it was a reoccurring trend in the pack, to take in other’s children and give them a home, but from the way Conor spoke of the pack when he was a child she supposed it was. "We are not outcasts, but many of us are orphans. Dahlia de Mai has given us the home that our parents could not." She smiled happily then, the absence of her family had never been a sore subject and more than ever Nayru was glad to have her family and friends in Dahlia de Mai rather than anywhere else.

Nayru was silent for a moment, thinking of her next fact. How much of Dahlia de Mai could she share with this man? So far they hadn’t said anything too personal about the packs, but if they game kept persisting than they would need to get creative with what they shared. "Dahlia de Mai gets its name from the dahlia flowers that the original leaders found growing here. Which is odd. Normally the flowers can’t grow in so cold a climate, I recently read that in my book. I suppose then the name is very fitting. The flowers found an unlikely home, just as the pack did."
[/html]
[html]

+3.

It seemed Naryu was wise beyond her years as she let Niro know that two years was much better than having been broken up not a year into its life. Niro could not see the court breaking up any time soon. Vigilante seemed to be doing well as the leader as it was now. He listened as she spoke about Dahlia, of it being full of orphans, that was a good reason for a pack, one that would allow for family connections to those who didn’t have it.

I see, well I would have fit in either way here or there. My sister happened to pick there because she had some kind of crush on the previous leader.

He said, a chuckle in his voice, it was quite true. Orin had been so fascinated with Jaq’s journal that she did all she could in her power to get from Floida all the way here to Nova Scotia. He listened as she spoke about her packs name, and how it had been founded. He smiled, knowing every word of what had happened to Jaq and his own crew to make what was Cour des miracles.

I am not sure but Cour des Miracles stands for the Court of Miracles. The founders had to fight tooth and nail just to get here, they had originated from Florida, but as luck would have it there’s nothing but savage beasts down there.

He said with disgust in his words, he had known what it was like to live in the same conditions as some of his own pack had lived in as he had been from the same area, the same chaotic area, that relied on death and violence.

Once they found this place, I guess a few miracles happened… my sister had blown a bit out of propotion telling me, and she would not let me read the Journal she found that spoke of all of it, but yes that’s how our pack became the court.

He said. Proud of his own pack, and glad he was still in it, even though he did not have his daughters with him. It would have been better if he did but he knew he could not always have his way and he was being punished for the mistake he had made with Lolita by having his pups taken from him. He seemed lost in thought and the horse next to him snorted in impatience.
Well it seems my daughters will not come today, I must go make camp before I head home tomorrow. It was very nice meeting you Naryu. I hope we meet agan.

He sighed heavily, knowing if the pups had not come by now… they would not come at all.

<style type="text/css"> .niro b {font-weight:bold; color:#b4947f; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .niro p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #737681} .niro {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#d0d0d0; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/niro.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lucia
[/html]
[html]
SSWM: 351

Nayru simply smiled as Niro explained his reasons behind the pack he belonged to. His sister had chosen it seemed, and chosen because of her affections for a male. Although the girl couldn't really understand the sentiment of choosing one's home for the sake of another perhaps it was not so strange a concept. What was home other than a place where those one loved gathered? Nayru had not chosen Dahlia de Mai for any reason other than someone had left her at the borders, but she had grown to love the land, and love the inhabitants just as much. If she had to choose between the actual lands of Dahlia de Mai and the souls that lived there Nayru wasn't sure which would end up being the closest to her heart.

The man continued, matching her fact with an explanation of his own pack's title. The similarities, not only in the language chosen for the packs but the intention behind those titles, struck Nayru and she wondered if any of the packs were really as different as they seemed from one another. Yet she did not have much time to ponder this for Niro continued on and it seemed that there game was at an end. He had no more facts to tell her and it seemed he grew weary of waiting for children who might never come. Nayru couldn’t blame him, although her patience was almost limitless, and she offered him a consoling smile.

"Perhaps another day they will hear your call and come to greet you." Perhaps or perhaps not. Nayru didn't know how the children felt about a father they probably did not know very well, but there was nothing to say it was their own decision not to come and see him now. Bowing her head to the male once last time, her voice was still cheerful, even with the knowledge that today Niro would have to walk away disappointed. "Goodbye Niro, it was a pleasure to speak with you." And the woman sat there, waiting until the man made his way out of her sights.

[/html]