(Alpha Needed)A New Wolf, Looking for a New Home..
1. Character Name: Ookami
2. Character Birthdate (including year): April 7, 2010
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: regular
4. Species: Himilayan Wolf
5. Gender: wolf
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): misskade1997@yahoo.com
7. Currently played characters: This is my first character
8. How you found 'Souls: a top 50 wolf rp site.
9. Initial post -

Ookami was lost. He had been traveling for days, looking for other wolves. He was tired and had almost given up hope of another wolf. He whined quietly scanning the area. He sighed, he needed to get his spirit back, so he ran. He burst into a lope, enjoying the wind on his face. His spirits rised quickly so he slowed. He stood tall, his oversized paws sinking into the soft dirt. He grinned slightly. The sun was just rising and the sky was streaked with oranges and pinks. The light glinted off his goldish pelt and he looked into the sun. The wind picked up and along with it a scent traveled. Other wolves. He walked steadily towards the scent, and stopped at the borders of the pack's territory.

He stood at the entrance. He realized what he was doing and ducked low on the ground, tucked his ears halfway back and kept his tail tucked between his legs. He howled loudly calling for another wolf. He waited patiently for a wolf to arrive. He kept his eyes low and was trying hard not to squirm with excitement and nervousness. He took a deep breath, calming himself and waited patiently.
[html]

ooc: Hope you dont mindif I join you

Ren had been in her cabin when she heard this one. So many wovles had come to Pheonix Vally it was like having an alarm go off every day.She set her tea down adn sctretched for a minute and then taking of out the door to find the person who called to the pack. It had been her day off but she still loved greeting new members at pack borders. Her feet carried her quickly and before no time she reached the scent of male wolf though she wasnt expecting what she saw when she came around the corner.

As she stepped from the bushes she looked up at the male who clearly stood way over her head. His pelt was a very pretty gold but it was obviously his size that stood out to her. ."Um...Hello." Ren wagged her tail in a happy welcome. though she was sure in a fight with this male she would lose but she had no intention of putting said theory to the test. His smell was alittle different so she wondered if he was a luperci or not.

It was sunny out for once and her top coat shown the bright blue that it always did. She hopped it wasnt an inconvenience for the male. normally she was black and white like a normal wolf. However, today was the unusual sunny day in winter and she reveled in it. Ren studied the wolf for a minute, he looked hopeful and weary from a long travel.."Do forgive my rudeness. My name is Rendall. I'm one of the wolves that reside in this territory." She kept her stance up alittle, on guard in case anything did happen. Patiently waiting for the patriach to join them.
[/html]
Ookami was beginning to get tired from crouching when he smelt another wolf. He stayed in the position he was in until he heard a greeting from a she-wolf.

He kept his eyes low to the ground and replyed in a kind voice, "Hello. My name is Ookami." He stole a quick glance upwards at her. He couldn't quite see what she looked like but he could tell she was smaller than him and he didn't think that she would try to start anything crazy. He let out a small sigh and kept hard from wagging his tail, however it moved back and forth just a little bit. He was so happy to finally be meeting another wolf, after about a month of being alone and wondering around. He was exhausted and almost out of hope before this wolf had come along and for that he would be forver grateful.
[I]OOC: crashes in on parachute, 'weee! I joins I joins ^^'

She was slightly less active on traveling whimsically through the territory as she had in the spring/summer/fall seasons. The winter wasn't too bad on her, she was built for it in a way, however, she hated having a cold nose. Coming over the valley like area, the trees more sparse with bushes dotting the land, Adonia detected the new scent, and Rendall's. She found herself feeling slightly hesitate but it was her job to know these things. So in an attempt to not be herself, she put on a 'brave' face and continued forward. Her paws were light, nearly silencing the crunches of snow beneath each step. The hair that jetted out from her paw pads seemed to make her virtually silent no matter what season. Her stealth was by pure accident as she descended upon the two. Her two toned blue eyes looked to the large golden wolf, he seemed to be a magnificent male with a respective attitude. She then looked to Rendall who obviously was on guard with the male. Adonia always approached with a more skittish manner, but with another member already residing and that member on guard she took a more relaxed approach toward him, "Hello Ookami...I'm Adonia Demos...what brings you to Phoenix Valley?" It was odd for her to be so relaxed, and in a way she was making herself nervous. Odd, right? Well after being so confident in her voice she put her ears back almost blushing at herself.

Her glance looked over to Rendall for a moment and gave a slight smile, then her attention went back to Ookami, hoping to catch a small bit of information before calling to the Patriarch. She knew he hated this weather, so the likeliness of him already being outside was a slim one, however, one could never predict him. He wasn't a very predictable being.
Ookami had smelt another wolf coming and his excitment grew. He didn't hear her approach, but only heard her voice. He still kept low to the ground with lowered eyes, but his tail couldn't help from wagging. He punished himself silently but his tail didn't listen. He was too happy to stop it.

Ookami listened to her voice and smiled gently, "I have come to see about joining your pack." He spoke gently and respectfully. Careful to watch what he said. He kept his voice undercontrol and didn't let out the excitment that he had wanted to. He grinned happily. A wind started up and he shivered slightly at the cold.
Ren smiled and nodded to the wolfess that joined them. She kinda liked the wolf and thought she was nice. She listened to the two converse for a minute before speaking. "Well in that case well have Jefferson come meet us." She turned from the two and howled once more into the wind. Hopefully the patriarch was able ot hear it. the wind had a nasty way of silencing ones howl but her voice was loud enough to cut through...hopefully.

She turned back to the male and noticed he was shivering. She looked over at Adonia "Wait here with him, my cabin isnt too far away I'll be right back." She ran back in the direction of her small home and let her feet carry her back to the front door. She went inside and searched around for a minute. Out of breath from the run, she sat down to catch her breath. Ren then moved to the closet where she kept all her wool blankets, grabbed one, and began to head back to the others.
Ookami listened intently to their conversation. He wanted to look but knew he shouldn't. He wanted to actually be able to see these two wolves that were so kind as to come and greet him. He stayed where he was, crouching a little lower to the ground, not out of submission, but to stay out of the way of the wind. He hoped that the Alpha would come along soon. And when he did, that he be accepted into this pack. He went over in his head what he should say. He had never been, well I guess you could say interveiwed, to join a pack before. He didn't know what the wolf that would adress him would be like. He was hoping he was nice enough to allow him into his pack with open arms, he would be a good help to the pack too.. He hoped.
It was obvious that Ookami wasn't any threat, and perhaps his submissive nature was what made her more confident. She had always been one to want to bring spirits high around her even when hers was down. It was good to know the male wasn't entirely blind to the fact he came to the pack, it seemed he was looking for a home. Phoenix Valley was a great place to make a home, well that's how she felt anyway. It bothered her a little that Rendall took the chance to call for Jefferson, however, in a way it was probably for the best, she had been pestering the Patriarch quite a bit as of late, and it was time for another to do that bothering. She knew Jefferson wouldn't like him being so submissive either, he wasn't one for that and so she took the opportunity to make him stand more taller, "You have no need to be so low, stand up straight..okay?" she said her ears alert and head tilted, her words were spoken softly and gently as she smiled at him. She find it very amusing that his tail was going behind him, it as addictive causing her own tail to wag in full swing. Her attention was brought back to Rendall when she told her to stay there...well where would she have gone? It made her almost want to giggle. Perhaps all the excitement was making her want to be a little ornery, but she had the urge to want to play. Why did this suddenly hit her? She didn't know, perhaps it was all the friendliness that seemed to be in this area. It had been awhile since she felt this good about herself and really, she needed it. There could be so many theories to why Adonia was feeling a little more out of her shell, but one thing was for sure, she wasn't being overly submissive anymore.

Looking back to Ookami she began to speak once more, "Don't be afraid to look at us, we're not going to bite. I know Jefferson wouldn't want you to be so submissive, really...relax Ookami.." She decided to step forward and took a big leap by allowing her muzzle to nudge the large male's chin, "You're a big male, have some pride.." She wagged her tail some more a warm smile over her muzzle as her charming eyes tried to look into his. It was obvious to her, he couldn't be have luperci, he acted much like her father's pack. He went by the old wolf ways, and the more she interacted with Jefferson, he practiced human-like mannerisms, the same as her mother. In a way it was a benefit to her to have been raised around both extremities. She decided to ask, to confirm her theory, "...do you have luperci?" Her head low trying to gaze into the large brute's eyes.
He was glad when she had told him to stand straight and look up. He grinned happily and stood caustiouly. He stood almost his full height but still kept his posture relaxed. He couldn't help but chuckle at her attempt to look him in his eyes. He looked forward, finally able to see the wolf he had been talking to. He was right, he stood above her height. He smiled at the nudge on his muzzle, "Thank you for that, it was getting tiring crouching on the ground like that." he grinned at her again.

This seemed like a very good place to have his first real home. The last place he had lived had been far from a home. More like an imprisonment. He was harrassed by many wolves and laughed at. He was awarded the lead hunter but that was only for the pack's sake, not his. The Alpha had been rude and Ookami had often had to go as far as rolling over on his back, showing his belly, so he wouldn't be attacked. He could have easily killed the Alpha but it was not in his nature. He was taught to not attack the higher ranks and he had respected that.

He often wondered where his color and large size had come from. He wondered if his mother hadn't wandered past the border of their territory and met somebody. He couldn't imagen what the Alpha would have done if he found out. She probably would have been killed. His mother seemed to be the only one that had loved him, though some wolves respected him. He thought that the only reason they respected him was because he could have easily killed them within seconds. He snapped out of his thoughts at the last question.

"No, I am not." He smiled gently at her, happy to have someone to talk too.
It seemed much more natural the moment he sat straight, now that would be a better impression for Jefferson. His smile seemed to be something also more natural to her. Again her ears rolled back as a light smile formed on her features, "..you're welcome..." She thought about saying more but chose not too. Her voice had spoken in a more shy manner, as her eyes lowered just slightly. Her tail still wisped behind her in a slow methodical movement. It came to no surprise to her when he said no, and she leaned back into a sit, ears perking as she suddenly felt a surge of excitement for being right, "I knew it, you seemed to have a more traditional wolf attitude...typical for a non-luperci..." Just as the words came out she realized how bad it could have sounded and she quickly made an effort to fix it, "Not that there isn't anything wrong with it, my father's family was more traditional as most of them were non-luperci as well.." Her words eluded to the fact that she indeed was luperci, however, she rarely ever went into her luperci gifted form.

Her head turned back looking to see if Rendall was on her way back yet, as well to see if Jefferson was to be around soon, then her gaze went back to Ookami, "Well, hopefully, when you're accepted...if you'd like I could show you around Phoenix Valley.." She also thought perhaps they could do other things together. For some reason she felt like she wanted to get to know him more, perhaps there was something familiar about it, something that reminded her of her own past. "...are you familiar with Halifax, or the Souls' region in general?" Her ears perked while her head tilted curiously.
He was much more relaxed now, all nervousness gone for the moment. He was sure that when the Alpha got there he would be nervous once again. He still looked at her, gazing into her eyes, listning to every word and sylible she pronounced. His tail wagged slower now, but with twice as much happieness.

He laughed when she stumbled over her words, smiling gently. He thought about being part of a pack again, this one would probably much better than the last. He still felt the hauntings of his old pack though. They lurked in the shadows and followed him angirly. He didn't understand why they followed him, he had not chosen to leave, they had thrown him out. He didn't know why they were torturing him like this, he had never done anything wrong.

He peered over her too, looking for the other wolf. When he didn't see Rendell he focused his attention back on her. "Thank you. I would love for you to show me around." He smiled at her again. He thought about her next question, "No... Not really."
Already he seemed to have a very kind personality, and when relaxed he seemed very good-natured. She couldn't wait for Jefferson to get here, and the longer they waited the more antsy she became. When he gave a chuckle to her stumbling, her ears went tightly back and she blushed a little, smiling wider. "...I just didn't want to offend you, is all.." she lightly laughed her tail wagging a little more. She was actually becoming embarrassed by how much her tail wagged. It had been a very long time since she found someone she could be fully relaxed around. Was it just her, or did she nuts to feel this comfortable around him. He was a complete stranger but she felt like she had known him all her life. She was being nuts, and so she tried not to say anything about how comfortable she was feeling around him, trying to remain natural and calm.

The moment he said he wasn't she again lite him, ears perking up and another bright smile coming over her muzzle, "Oh...well, once you are settled, perhaps...well..that is if you'd like we can go to halifax..there's a lot of neat stuff there." She was getting ahead of herself. Jefferson hadn't even came and she was acting as though he'd be accepted. She was becoming upset with herself for being so excited, but it had been so long since she had smiled so easily, and now she was beaming like a pup again. She forced her tail to curl around her and she lowered her head some, "..but of course, I should wait for Jefferson before I get too ahead of myself.." Why was she getting so flustered? She felt foolish but tried to hide it, something near impossible for the wolfdog to do. Her emotions seemed to always be in control over her, and yet she didn't mind it too well. She followed her intuition and heart more often and it always seemed to point her in the right direction.
Ookami liked this wolf. She seemed very nice and he wanted to get to know her as well. He smiled at her, he hadn't ever connected with somebody like this before. There never was anyone to connect with, maybe except his mother, but she was so wrapped up in what other people thought about her that the only time she really spent with Ookami was when he was hungry or needed bathing. But in those short amounts of times they would connect. She was a kind wolf but was too worried about what other people think. It annoyed Ookami constantly that she had chosen favorites and spent the most time with them.

He had to hold himself back from growling just at the thought. He tensed up slightly, but tried quickly to relax. He instead thought about how happy he would be if he was accepted into this pack, he had already made a friend that would show him around and spend time with him, and that is all that he had wanted his whole life. The more he thought of spending time with this wolf the more his tail wagged. He grinned slightly when he relized how much it was wagging but did nothing to stop it, he didn't care. He wanted to know he was happy and having a good time during the time he had known her, which had not really been that long.

"Okay.. If.. I get accepted into your pack then I would gladly go with you." He grinned, thinking about being accepted, but he scolded himself too, for getting ahead of himself. "Is there anything I should know about Jefferson that may help me be accepted?"
ooc: hehe, we should wait for Jefferson after this next post ^^ I can't wait for him to get accepted so we can rps ^^ -giggles a little-

Adonia had finally noticed that his tail too was wagging, this was a good thing, perhaps he did like her as well. That is like a friend, Adonia didn't want to think of him as being potentially more. A friend was all she wished for right now in her life. Rendall too seemed kind enough, she had never had the time to get to know her as the wolfdog was always in her own head and to preoccupied with wondering Phoenix Valley and caring for the horses. When the large male spoke of Jefferson she smiled and she knew the correct answer, "..just be yourself..really, it is all you need to do." She said with utmost confidence and reassuring smile as her tail once more wagged and her head rose, ears again perked. Taking in a large breath of cool air, she had nearly forgotten how cold it was. Being around him she felt so warm and happy inside the cold didn't matter to her anymore, not that it really bothered her anyway.
OOC: Looks like you two have been busy today. sorry for the wait though we probably should wait for jefferson after this -laughs-

Rendall returned with the blanket, she tried to grab on of the larger ons so that it would be more comfortable. She walked towards the pair and saw that they were talking normally now. She smiled that was good that he relaxed a little. Ren grinned at the two as she walked towards them."Its good seeing that you have relaxed alittle. Here I brought this for you. You seemed pretty chilly earlier." She presented the blanket in front of him and sat down next to Adonia.

"Well you seem very nice thus far. I highly doubt Jefferson wont let you in but hell probably want to see what kind of things you can bring to our pack. He'll probably ask you a few questions but I think youll do fine. Seems liek your fitting in already but I think we'll let Jefferson decide that." She turned to Adonia "How have you been doing. I know we dont talk much but I noticed your uh...." Ren didnt want to bring up anything personal in front of the visitor so she tried to improvise to protect the girls secrets." Actions at the pack meeting a few weeks ago. I hope that you are doing well though." she knew very little about the girl but hoped that her words brought a little comfort.
[html]
OOC goes here!

Geneva Stockholm often patrolled in patterns. She would trade off with her mate, Jefferson, so that they were able to cover more of the territory in a shorter amount of time. As the colder part of the year closed in on the Valley, she certainly appreciated the way they worked together. The wolfess was diminutive, small and stature and delicately built. Although her smokey, silver tipped gray coat had grown in thick enough to keep her comfortable, she could never completely fend off the bite of the winter's cold.

While making her rounds, she shivered slightly, her breath curling from her nostrils like the faint ghosts of smoke. The frost on her breath let her know that winter had descended upon the land full force. Geneva was not fond of winter, but she realized that it had its place in nature. There had to be quietness, darkness, before the world could reawaken. The cyclical path of life and death had to be followed by all things, even something as vast and mighty as the earth.

"Hello Rendall and Adonia," the soft voiced sub-leader greeted the two familiar faces. Her olive colored eyes settled on a third form, belonging to a lupine stranger. The lupine lady approached with ease and comfort; Phoenix Valley was her home, and she felt confident in her ability to protect it. She also placed a great amount of trust in the judgement of her packmates, and since they were conversing so easily with this stranger, she knew that they must have learned something about him. "My name is Geneva Stockholm, can you tell me of yourself, stranger?"

[/html]
Ookami had smelt Rendell coming back and he was glad that he would have a blanket soon. He was freezing. He took the blanket gently from her when she brought it and happily wrapped it around himself. "Thank you for the blanket." He smiled at her his eyes twinkled in the sun that was there.

He wasn't really paying attention to his nose when he heard the voice of the Alphess. She sounded very kind and he glanced at her gently. He gave her a smile and, since it was the Alphess, he flattened his ears a bit, and lowered his eyes. "Hello Geneva. My name is Ookami, and I would really like to join your pack." He gave her a small smile and looked at the other two wolves, smiling gently. He had made two friends now. If he didn't get accepted he would be sad. All the wolves that had approached him seemed very kind and this seemed like a great home. He prayed that the words would come easily for him and that he wouldn't mess up and say something stupid.
I am giving you permission to post outside of this thread for now, since it is mostly finished and because as it is the holidays, Adonia and Rendall probably will not have time to post within the established posting order. I will request to have you titled up; let's finish this thread though! Welcome to PV Smile

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.alletable { border:1px solid #264F3F;background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/1fgums.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:450px;background-color:#C4C9B3;text-align:justify;font-family:georgia;font-size:0.95em; line-height:1.4em;color:#264F3F; margin: 0 auto }
.boxy { padding:10px 10px 180px 10px;}
.boxy p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.boxy b {color:#8e3768;}</style>

Her ears swiveled upon her head as she heard the sound of another approach, the crunch of the snow usually gave away another's existence and in this case it was Rendall. She gave a light smile to the female's words until she brought the attention onto her. Her fur stood up a little, not in aggression, but it could have been in agitation. She felt a stark hot and cold flash run through her body and her eyes averted some. She wasn't entirely sure what Rendall was trying to say, however, she wasn't really wanting to talk about herself. Adonia was never good about talking about any of her problems, and the female had many. She drew in a sharp breath not sure what to say, as her mind raced with fear and all sorts of emotions, but fear being the biggest of them.

Her eyes looked up to the female, "..I..I think I'm going to go..I need to take care of the horses.." She said just as she heard Geneva's footsteps. Adonia, didn't know really why she got so flustered so quickly, it was hard for her to understand herself, let alone others, though in a way she understood others much better than herself. Her eyes looked to the snow as Geneva spoke to her, her soft voice kind and sweet, but she then felt like she was in a rock and a hard place, "..hello.." She didn't want to suddenly disappear now that Geneva got here, but she wished she could. Her throat felt like there was a lump in it, and no matter how hard she tried to swallow she just couldn't. She knew that her actions could be perceived as rude, and yet, she felt out of control of her own emotions and actions. Her heart was racing and yet she remained shut inside herself, ears back and head down.

It was odd how hot her cheeks felt, as she stood up slowly. She backed away then slowly turned, "It was nice meeting you Ookami..." Then her eyes turned to Rendall, "..it was nice getting acquainted.." As slyly as she could she left the three there, making her way to the horses. In fact, she had already cared for them, but it was one of the safest spots she could be in right now..a place she could just open up and cry, and that was what she felt like doing right now. She hated herself for it, for being this way. Deep down she knew why, and yet she didn't know what to do about it.

[/html]