Five Alarm Fire
OOC: Okay J'adore is by the great fire!

J'adore had done all of his duties today. The firewood was stacked high and the fire itself blazed with great purpose. He sat himself down, legs neatly crossed, in front of the fire pit. The flames danced a safe distance away from him; he wiggled his fingers in the heat. The days were short and cold now; it would soon be the human tradition of Christmas. Luperci where he had grown up, Santander, Orleans and the surrounding areas had picked up on the human religions, mostly Christianity, and most of the older generations of his pack were spiritualists who 'praised God'. J'adore was never one for the spiritual part, but the tradition of Christmas, present giving and tree decorating filled him with a child-like type of excitement.

'I must get myself a tree' he sighed as the snowflakes fell onto his muzzle.

He had not been in his pack long, but he had already managed to construct a fairly sturdy hut and was on his way to finishing its quaint furnishings. His horse had settled in fine, he had been out wild earlier this morning and enjoyed himself highly. J'adore sniffed; he was beginning to catch a cold. He slipped his hand into his bag and pulled out a grey and green stripe scarf, he slung it round his neck, glad of the extra warmth. He missed Orleans, the fresh baguettes baked by the Luperci daily, the fish from the river, the wine from the vineyard. Since the humans left Orleans had became quite a known place for human style cuisine, so as a result J’adore had a solid love of food. Winter had lessened the food readily available, but none the less, AniWaya were steadily making the most of what they had. J’adore ran a hand through his messy hair to dishevel the snow that had hidden there. Yes, winter was definitely here. And Christmas was days away.
[html]
WC: 310 {3 points}

Sanuye had been preparing herself for the coming season by helping the pack stock up on supplies as well as stocking on some for herself. She had been making sure to keep up with her duties as well but it all seemed the same. The coyote was growing a bit bored with her life and wanted something more to do now that the winter was here. Surely there was some sort of hobby she could take up. She had already learned weaving and skinning but what else was there for her to do? The hybrid yawned as she woke from her slumber as she looked outside her den. Everything was as she left it. The hybrid emitted a soft sigh as she crawled out and into the world. It took her a while before she shifted into her optime form and moved over to her companion. She smiled as Niyol came over to her. She was happy to see that he was doing well. After that, she headed down to the village to bring some extra wood she had and add it to the pile.

Sanuye arrived to the village and went to the stock pile of firewood used to feed the flames of the Great Fire. She noticed there was some more there than she had seen before. She wondered if there was someone else helping gather wood. She lifted the covers and placed her wood under there before placing the covers back over them. The coyote moved back over to the Great Fire. She noticed someone sitting there. From what she could see, it was a male and one of a lighter color with a darker back. She couldn’t see his front side and was curious of his true look. She carefully approached the male, not sure of how he would react to her being there. ”Hello?”

table by james.
[/html]
(OOC- Hi! NTS- Use accented speech! WOTD- LINE 6, WORD 5. Sorry for the length, it's 10:30PM in the UK)

J'adore span round at the females greeting,

'Oh Hi!' He chirped as he stood up. 'I'm J'adore Austral, ze new fire guy!' he paused 'Well ze new guy full stop'.

He gave his odd toothy smile and waved awkwardly. A sudden breeze made the flames jump forward slightly and in response J'adore stepped forward away from the flames. It was cold and bitter out and the only really warm places were the great fire and the little fires dotted around camp, including the one J'adore mentally forced himself to build before he slept. He had made a complex fire pit in his hut, made mostly from the metal he found around Halifax, it lay at the heart of his hut, streaching up to the large (and closable) chimney in the roof. Yes, winter was reaching it's zenith and the wolves of Nova Scotia were working hard in their own way to prepere for it. J'adore shuffled the snow beneath his feet as he waited for the females response eagerly, he hadn't met many of his new pack members yet and had taken to becoming awkward and odd when approched by a stranger. He kept having to reassure himself that he was safe everytime someone said 'Hi' but he was a little more relaxed at this moment in time, given the females curious tone of voice. As another breeze swung past, a thick lock of his jet mane fell into his eyeline, he quickly pulled it back up onto his head before sighing,

'Damn wind, eh?'
[html]

WC: 311 {3 points}

Sanuye seemed a bit taken back by the newest member to the tribe. He didn’t seem to care much for his duties and was more laid back about being a fire tender than he should have been. She took her duties seriously since she knew how important this was to the tribe, but it just seemed like he didn’t care much. The coyote let out a soft sigh before moving closer to him and nodding. ”Hello J’adore… my name is Sanuye Otsana. I’m a fire tender myself.” Because he was more on the goofy side, she wasn’t as shy as she normally was with males.

Sanuye felt the breeze pass by and put her hands in the pockets of her jacket. She was more thankful now that her foster mother had made this for her. It was perfect for the cooler weather and it looked nice on her. The coyote’s silver gaze moved up to catch a glimpse of the male’s toothy smile. He seemed like such a nice newcomer and would fit in once he made some more friends with the other tribe members. The hybrid moved closer to him as her smile widened a bit.

Sanuye paused to his comment about the wind. She didn’t seem phased by it and it felt good since she had the warmth of her coat. He made it sound like it was a bad thing when it really wasn’t. She shook her head before turning her gaze to the direction of the wind, letting it pass through her hair. ”I think the wind feels nice. It’s only when it’s snowing hard with the wind that it gets really bad.” The coyote turned back to J’adore and looked over him. ”Aren’t you cold?” He didn’t look like he was wearing any cloths and for winter, that was not exactly the smartest thing to do.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1A1A1A; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable1 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable1 {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#EDEDED; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2nqw4zs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 224px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC- Theres a bit about story telling for one of the December tasks here. I'm sooo sorry this is short, my sis is bugging me and I can't concentrate @_@!

'Basque for She-Wolf? J'adore half stated, half asked. Sanuye seemed comfortable around him, moving closer as they spoke. Yes, I suppose, or when it's bitter' J'adore agreed 'A bit, I really should, I have some things in my hut, I only though to grab my scarf this morning'. J'adore had grabbed his scarf first thing today, when he rushed out to collect more fire wood, he hadn't thought to dress warmly. I'm glad the fires here though, it always brightens my mood to see it roaring like a red lion. Tell me, what is the story of the Great Fire. I'm new and I've never really been told about it'. J'adore always liked fire. Infact at 6 months old he burnt his nose after creeping too close to the fire pit, only to spin around and set his tail alight. His fur had to be trimmed alll over to even up his coat. Luckily this was in April so he kept cool for the summer. Since then he'd kept his fur shorter than most wolves, around the lenght of a domestic cat, maybe slightly longer. Sometimes, he regretted it, usually in the cold weather. But he'd forgotten about it now since he'd been especially busy and sitting by the fire.
[html]

SSWM: 555

Sanuye had to admit that the weather was actually feeling a but better than normal today. The wind wasn’t too high and the fire was helping to keep the temperature warmer. She had a smile on her face as she turned back towards the fire. She loved to feel the heat bouncing off her fur and sinking down to her skin. The coyote’s ears moved when she heard the male speak about her last name. She was a bit surprised to hear that he knew not only the language her last name was from, but also what its meaning was. She wondered if he spoke the language. That would really be the only reason he would know the meaning right? She shook her head gently before he responded to her comment about the wind. She had to agree that the weather could sometime be bitter, though that wasn’t the case today. The hybrid felt a little bad that the only thing the male was wearing was a scarf around his neck. She slipped her hands into her pocket as she turned around so her back was to the Great Fire. She could feel the heat of the flames on her tail. This would help to keep that area of her body warm whenever she decided to head for home and get some rest, that seemed to be really the only thing she could do now a days. She closed her eyes to let in the heat of the moment sink in. She was glad to be here warming up and sharing a conversation with another member of the tribe, especially one of the newer members.

Sanuye opened her eyes and smiled as J’adore asked about the Great Fire, though he asked for the story. As far as she knew there really wasn’t a story for the Great Fire. There was just a set of traditions that the tribe followed to satisfy the flames of this icon. She turned her silver gaze back on the fire as she began to speak. ”There really is no set story on the origin of the Great Fire, just sets of traditions that one must follow.” The coyote began to make a list of the traditions she wanted to mention in her head. There were so many, but she wanted to pick out the right ones to tell him so that he would begin to take his duties a bit more seriously. ”The Great Fire is the symbol of AniWayan dedication and spirituality, that is why it’s important that we never let the flames die down.” She paused because wanted to know his reaction seeing as he didn’t seem like much of the spiritual type, though it was important to be otherwise he might as well switch to a different task within the tribe. ”So long as there has been a Great Tribe, there has also been a Great Fire. When AniWaya branched off, they brought those traditions here, and all of them are important to maintain the Great Fire’s importance.” The hybrid was an original member of the Great Tribe and since her father was in the fire tendering tier, she knew the importance like it was second nature to her. She waited to see if he would have any other questions regarding the traditions of the Great Fire.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1A1A1A; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable1 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable1 {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#EDEDED; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2nqw4zs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 224px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Made an awesome post and lost it so heres a shorter version!

J'adore muttered a smiple, 'Cool' What Sanuye had just explained blew his mine. He was almost ashamed of his lack of understanding of pack lore. Almost. Maybe J'adore knew and had seen things that would blow her mind.

Thinking of a subject to switch to J'adore asked 'Have you seena grulla stallion running around lately?' He beginning to get worried as he had not seen Fuerte in a few days. He comforted himself by saying, he is a wild thing. He shall be fine. But still he wanted to know where he was. 'He's my horse' he explained further.

The fire crackled behind the pair. He had finished his duties today and was free for the rest of the day. He lifted his arm over his shoulder and rub his left shoudler blade and said 'I'll be glad when the snow leaves, when the sun beats down so hard we want the snow back'. He was beginning to sound like the writer he was.

<style>
.jadore-d01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-d01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-d01 b {color:#0B0903; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-d01 {background-color:#FFE473; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#332C10; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.jadore-d01-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]