the misty sea, it calls to me
[html]

omg, i'm so sorry i took so long. i've been so busy. ;__; WC: 373

Sage had left Inferni lands early the previous morning, and it was now nearing the evening of the second day. She'd traveled a long time in her sleek, speedy Secui form, having only stopped for a few hours to rest along the way. The chilly air around her did not dare penetrate her thick fur in this form, and she comfortably drifted along at a smooth trotting pace. Through hazy, straw-colored eyes she could see approaching shoreline, the beginning of the Cours de Miracles territory. The dreamy girl had no particular purpose in mind as she traveled-- she simply longed to explore.

The Lykoi girl now shifted with ease into her preferred Optime form, limbs lengthening and dark brown waves of hair sprouting as she continued her pace. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out two things: the roach of a joint she'd smoked half of earlier, and her rabbit-fur blanket. Quickly, she threw the blanket over her shoulders, shivering as she did so. Now, she retrieved a match from the bag and lit it quickly, igniting the end of the roach with it and taking several long, deep hits.

"Mmm..." she couldn't help but coo to herself as she exhaled, the buzzed feeling immediately filling her head. A grin quickly fell over her face as she finished the last of the roach and flicked it; feeling greater appreciation for the creations of Mother Earth than before.

This land was wonderful for a pack's territory, and although she enjoyed Inferni's lands, some areas weren't quite so friendly and welcoming. This land was exciting to her; she loved the beach. The scent of salt water filled her nose and the pale golden color of her eyes fell out of sight as she let the smell entrance her. How lovely, being so close to the sea, she thought with a calm smile.

She wondered vaguely what types of canines found themselves as citizens to this pack, and she purposefully situated herself barely outside of their borders, along the rocky shoreline. Sage took a stone seat for herself, watching with serene interest as the heavy waves crashed into the towers and caverns below her.

<style>
.sagepot-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.sagepot {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sagepot b {color:#8e891e; font-weight:medium;}
.sagepot {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... epot-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:196px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#71b007; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:2px dotted #71b007;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 305 (+3) OOC: Sorry bout the delay ; ; we may wanna hurry through this though I don’t know how long I’ll have nette ; ;

Arnette had seen the ocean before, a few times, but she knew she hadn’t seen all the nice spots, and that was what she was looking for now. Her tiny little paws carried her along the beach of the ocean, she’d found some pretty nice spots to play, but she would not go near the freezing water. She would rather stay dry. She’d been humming softly a song her mama had taught her only a few days ago, her young voice was soft and sweet as it carried through the air out into the ocean. She couldn’t help but love the sound of her voice in the air, as it was carried further away from her. she’d enjoyed listening to her mother’s beautiful voice and she was enjoying the song that her blind mother had taught her. then she saw a figure, something she rarely saw, she wasn’t sure how far she’d gone, but she was nearly certain the wolf was where the border ended… or was she in their borders? Well it mattered little to Arnette because she still didn’t understand about being territorial, or anything like that.

You look cold.

The girl said bluntly, she watched the woman with a blanket over her shoulders taking a deep breath of… something, whatever it was, gave her no interest, it was the wolf that she cared about. She stayed a good distance from the woman, she didn’t know if she was nice, and she was slightly apprehensive, but she knew she was safe in her own borders. She’d never seen a day of danger and she knew little of it. Her instincts were telling her to keep a distance though, so she did, watching the woman, her tail had stopped wagging, but it was due to her being cautious than it was her being unhappy.

<style type="text/css">
.arnettescroll .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:50px; color:#000000}
.arnettescroll .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:50px; padding-right:10px; color:#3e4c56}
.arnettescroll b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#e0d4c1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.arnettescroll {margin:0 auto; width:472px; background-image:url(http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7852/arnettemid.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: vani, georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Sorry I'm slooowww! <3 WC: 320

Sage had been enjoying the quiet day, the lovely view, and the warm bubble of company that the weed provided. The Lykoi girl was thoroughly entranced by her surroundings, taking deep, welcome breaths of the salty air. Her nose quickly detected the presence of someone else, probably someone that lived by this very sea. Although she was enjoying her solitude, she wasn't upset to be interrupted, and slowly, happily turned her straw colored eyes to greet the incoming figure.

It was another girl; she was young, it was obvious, and had a unique, but very pretty coloring. A grey girl, dappled with lovely browns and creams. Clearly she was no threat to Sage.

Sage took the last hit of her joint and flicked it away, watching idly as the breeze caught it and carried it somewhere unknown. The earth child hugged her rabbit fur blanket closer to her, buffering herself from the cool sea breeze. It was oh so welcome, but she did wish she'd brought a second blanket, for this chill.

The girl must have noticed her huddled form, for she commented on it as she approached.

"You look cold," said the puppy girl.

With a smile, Sage replied gently, her voice dreamy. "I am, a little, but I'm not unhappy about it."

The brown girl stood, gathering her bag and blanket and walked several steps closer to the little girl, who had sat a ways away from Sage. She did not intend to frighten her, and so she stepped carefully, and lowered herself down to the girl's height, crouching now. She stayed a few feet away, still, not wanting to get too close, and grinned at the young one.

"My name is Sage, pretty girl," she said, with a delicate bow of her head, brown waves of hair falling around her face. "Is this your home?" asked Sage, nodding to the land beyond her.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 211

Arnette watched the stranger flick something into the breeze, but she didn’t get a chance to see what it was, but now that it was gone, it didn’t matter anymore. She focused her attention on the stranger, who saw her and smiled. This made the little girls tail wag slightly, though stopped as she approached Arnette, but before Arnette could move back, the stranger stopped, it was a comfortable enough distance away and she spoke again.

I am Arnette, yeah this is my home.

She answered, so Sage was this one’s name? it was a very nice name for her, and she smiled thinking it was ok that she talk to her. she knew the name after all. Didn’t that count for anything. She sighed though, defeated, she wasn’t one for questions but this was eating at her, and she doubted she would get the answer without asking, looking at the kneeling.

What are you doing here? You aren’t from here.

She said quiety, but confidently, then looked over at the womans bag… there were treasures in there, Arnette thought, maybe she was a pirate like Uncle vigi had told her about and she’d found something interesting at the shore… that was the best idea Arnette could come up with…

<style type="text/css">
.arnettescroll .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:50px; color:#000000}
.arnettescroll .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:50px; padding-right:10px; color:#3e4c56}
.arnettescroll b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#e0d4c1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.arnettescroll {margin:0 auto; width:472px; background-image:url(http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7852/arnettemid.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: vani, georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

shortshort. SSWM: 352

This young girl was obviously slightly uneasy at the presence of a stranger. It was clear to Sage that she had not been away from her family for long, and probably longed for that security once more. Being so young, on her own, she was quite vulnerable. Thankfully for the pup, Sage was not a menacing being, nor did she really possess a mean bone in her body, save perhaps one or two, just in case anyone dared cross her family. Sage would defend them with haste and pride, albeit without very much skill. The Lykoi girl wondered if this young one felt the same way, about her family. No time to dawdle on that now, though, for the small girl spoke again.

"I am Arnette, yeah this is my home. spoke the girl.

"That's a nice name, Arnette." the tawny Lykoi smiled warmly.

The name sounded foreign to Sage; maybe French? The hippie girl didn't know enough of that language-- or many others, for that matter-- to be able to determine its origin.

"What are you doing here? You aren’t from here." Arnette questioned, and then stated.

"You're right, I'm not from here. I don't have a very good reason to be here, Arnette; I only wanted to visit your pack's beautiful land, and maybe meet someone like you whilst here." Sage gave another warm smile, trying her hardest to convince the young girl that she meant no harm. "You're a bit daring, aren't you, getting so close to the borders? I was young like you not long ago, and I remember liking to stay much closer." she added, her voice friendly, attempting to goad on a conversation with the child.

Sage really did have no good reason to be so near this pack's land, other than the fact that her wandering feet had carried her here. She did not see a problem in this, and hoped that the child would not, either.

"I do quite enjoy traveling, though. Maybe you fancy it, too?" Sage queried, her voice dreamy and soft.

<style>
.sage-dove .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-dove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-dove b {color:#744c54; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sage-dove {background-color:#e8e8e2; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4a4f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.sage-dove-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 259

Arnette listened intentively, the wolf spoke differently than they did here, but she could understand her a bit, she knew what the woman was saying at least. She wagged her tail when she mentioned her name was nice. Arnette liked it just because she couldn’t think of herself being called anything else.

The ocean is pretty sometimes.

She said, though the land around her was still so new to her, she was still grasping the idea of beauty. She’d lived here and only here so she didn’t know anything but, so any lands outside her own would be just the same wouldn’t they? It made her wonder, and think.

Mmmm mmm, I don’t like to, I like it right here. I won’t ever leave.

She said stubbornly, who would watch after mama, or papa if Arnette left? She thought that she was always helping out enough to where they would need her forever, so why leave? She loved it here, she was born here, and if she had anything to do with it she would die here, but death was not a concept to the puppy, she just knew what living was, though the meaning still so unclear.

I bet you traveled far though.

She said, not really wanting to sound like a stick in the mud. She wondered where the woman had come from, and how far she had come, but Arnette was not going to ask the questions, not outright like her brother would, she’d find a way to find out without asking too many questions.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

SSWM: 541

"The ocean is pretty sometimes." said Arnette offhandedly.

Sage smiled, her yellow eyes kind and soft as she watched the child settle to the idea of perhaps making a new friend. This girl was so young and so naive to the world around her; it was amazing to Sage that she was once the same way. Unsure of everything, afraid of life beyond the pack. And at such an age, those thoughts were just fine. It was comforting to stay close to home, even if home was always moving and never the same twice.

"It is very pretty." she said, now turning her head to stare momentarily at the crashing waves, admiring the strength of Mother Earth. "It's also very powerful." she stated, hoping to impart some sort of appreciation for the Earth into this girl, who might not remember her for much else but a strange hippie preaching about the beauties of the world around her.

"Mmmm mmm, I don’t like to, I like it right here. I won’t ever leave." Arnette said with quite the stubborn tone for such a young girl. "I bet you traveled far though."

Sage once again in response to the latter statement, and then gently curled her lips at the small woman again. One day, her mind might change; she might want to travel. No one held the future in their hands. Everything could change in an instant. The sandy girl nodded to the smaller gray one.

"The world is a very big place, Arnette." she began, gracefully standing now and walking casually towards the girl. She adjusted her bag across her shoulder, fidgeting with the leather strap briefly before continuing, "You may change your mind about that, one day. Wouldn't you feel as though you missed out, not seeing even a little bit more of this Earth?" she asked, placing a gentle hand on Arnette's shoulder and motioning with her other arm around the landscape. "There are places as wonderful as this everywhere, Arnette." her voice was serene, almost a whisper, her words exaggerated and emphasized so that no one might be able to turn their ears away, no matter what she spoke about. "Some of them are more splendid and exciting than Nova Scotia." Sage added, a broad grin on her face.

Wishing now that she'd brought a more hefty stash of joints, Sage sighed and looked around her, taking deep, appreciative breaths of the cold air.

"I've traveled for almost my whole life, lovely." said the Lykoi girl gently. "I think I might be settling down for a while, though. In Inferni."

Sage had plenty of family there. Her sisters were both there, now. And Daddy was, well...somewhere... The thought made the petite girl's brow furrow slightly momentarily. She still hadn't seen Daddy. Clover had, but only briefly, it seemed. Was he trying to avoid them? That would be very upsetting, if it were true. Even if he wasn't, it was a strange mystery as to why his daughters were so estranged from him.

With a blink, Sage's yellow eyes re-focused, glancing down at the petite silvery child before her, filled with wonder and curiosity. A girl yet unscathed by the hurt that often came with life. A girl who hadn't yet begun to appreciate the worth of that life. What was in her future?

<style>
.sage-dove .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-dove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-dove b {color:#744c54; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sage-dove {background-color:#e8e8e2; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4a4f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.sage-dove-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]