So What If It's Overcast?
[html]

Oh Ralla; learn to make sense @_@

Ralla was a busy, busy, busy wolf lately. In fact, she couldn't remember so many things going on at once. For the moment, though, she was busying herself hacking off the twigs and extra branches that would impede a flat foundation near the top-middle of the red oak she called home. The axe she had was doing its work fine, but she was overly careful to make sure that none of the branches fell and crushed the hut suspended just below on the lower branches. With marginal strength compared to speed, it was definatly an arduos task.

Village life had come down to 'provide, duties, provide, duties, then extra work'. The observatory hut foundation had been put off because of the autumnal harvest, but since it was now winter, Ralla felt as if she could start it again. What with all the new supplies cluttering up the Town Hall, she felt that it would be better to move some of the tools she used for star-charting--as well as maybe a sand pit, if she made one--to their own personal homes. The largest problems at the moment were the walls of the observatory and foundation; there was little to no soft earth to make into clay, and the dry wood she had was used for the fires or for the foundation. The only other structure she knew how to make was one of knotted thrushes, and they were scarce to rare in the season. The best she could do, unless she found another source for walling, was wait until spring broke; and even then she would have to leave for up to two months. Even more than that, the responsible part of her reasoned that if she had the time to make an observatory, she had time to chop more wood.

Worry, busy, bother, work, duty, repeat...

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
OOC- Sorry it's short, I have 3 posts to reply to and very little time to do it.

J'adore had been quite busy during his few days as an AniWayan, yet he had found a small amount of time to wander aimlessly. Today’s ramble had led him to a large red oak. The white female that was there as well was busying around with twigs and other things. She was obviously building something. 'No Offence...' J'adore spoke as he walked closer 'But wouldn't it have been wiser to build in warmer weather, or is there a winter deadline?' he didn't suppose it was very easy to build anything in snow; he had struggled to build his hut enough. He was thankful of the furnishings he had made, especially the fleeced materiel he bought in DC. 'Would you like some help? J'adore asked as he stood in front of the great tree. Many wolves had come past when he had been making his hut, with an odd twig to help. His hut had been finished in no time. This however was a larger scale, and it would take a little longer, two wolves were better than one when it came to building and J'adore could only hope he could help enough. 'Your Ralla, right? That makes you my boss' J'adore had heard of Ralla through conversations he had overheard, though he had never seen Ralla, he knew that if she was building up here, she must be the one who lived here. J'adore supposed he should meet her since they were in the same ranking.
[html]

It's fine :3 I appreciate the post-time Tongue If you need to, you can pp in your next post that she threw down the rope for J'adore, or didn't; depending if he needs it ^w^

Ralla peered from over the branch she was perched on when she saw the tan figure come closer. She was not up terribly high, but it was certainly high enough to a) make sure no scavengers ever scaled the trunk to reach her hut and b) high enough to break her neck. "Winter deadline," she called down while cupping her hand to her mouth, interested in the wolf approaching. "Hold on, I'm coming down." So said, she dropped from her branch to land with a loud 'thunk' on the platform of her already built living hut. Placing the axe down, she made that last leap to the ground, dropping a few feet away from the new wolf. One leap; bad idea. Two leaps; so long as I look where I'm landing...

"And who're you, stranger?" she asked before her nose twitched, recognizing some scents that clung to the male. Among them was burnt wood, tinder, and ash. Well, he's either been near the Great Fire or making one. Then, the residual, stale scent of horses. Liliana's stables? When he addressed her, her ears perked up and she was actually surprised. "Your boss? You're a Gata Hineyu then?" She had heard and noticed the activity of yet another recreuitee, but had not met the culprit. Rather than ponder it, Ralla greeted him warmly. "Nice to meet you, then. Concerning your help..." She looked up the pathetically started foundation and sighed. "While I would appreciate your assistance, I can't take another tribe member away from their duties these days. I could only accept if you found yourself completely done with your real duties. Then again... Most of them have seemed almost indefinatly done lately," she mused out loud. "Besides all that, why don't you come up? It's warmer in the hut." Beckoning, she began to claw her way up the trunk, vaulting herself to the wooden platform that had faithfully supported her home since she had built it. "If you need, I could throw down a rope." She reminded herself that not every wolf or canine could or liked to climb. But it was warmer in the hut, even with her thick winter coat.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

The white female peered over the branch. 'Oh, cool!' J'adore nodded along. The female jumped down in two bonds, landing a few feet away from him, 'J'adore Austral' he said smiling a looking up at the tree, 'Impressive abode you have there' he murmered audiubly. Ralla ecknowledged his comment about being his boss, and replied with the statment that he was a Gata Hineyu, 'Yes, I am' he answered proudly 'Though I did manage to burn myself as a child, which is why I now keep my fur shorter, my mother had to trim it down to eradicate the burn marks' J'adore giggled at the memory, the look on his face had been priceless. She then asked about his work, I'm pretty sure I'm finished, the firewood was piled high last time I saw' J'adore said pulling the ends of his scarf to his back as Ralla mentioned an invitation into her tree hut. 'I think I'll manage' J'adore smiled as Ralla offered him a rope, 'We used to have a tree in our packlands we used to climb, but it was much smaller, thank you anyway'. He reached the wooden platform in a fraction of a second slower than Ralla, due to the fact he hadn't climber in ages. He stood up and waited for Ralla to lead the way. This hut really is nice J'adore thought as he scanned his surroundings.
[html]

SSWM ATTACK! >:3

J'adore? The name rung an instant bell, and Ralla remembered Nian's mention of a hunt yesterday. "Nian mentioned you, J'adore. Sad that I failed to greet you first." J'adore's oddly humurous memory of being burned made Ralla tick her head to the side before she allowed him into her hut. The walls were decorated with her odd findings and pieces of colorful, woven cloth. A curtain hung off in the back, separating her hammock and nighstand from the 'living quarters'. In the aforementioned room was a rickety table that she had haphazardly drug up the trunk--piece by piece--and fitted. So while it was not securely attatched by nails or glue, it held together nicely enough. Three high-backed stools stood around the table, and two pedastals with candles were nailed into the walls of the hut. Off to the side, under a window, was a covered barrel holding freshly melted snow. Next to that a small cabinet that held the basic tools for everyday living. There was an open hole in the ceiling with a pole holding the flap up for all the smoke to escape through. While it was still daylight, the cloudy day only allowed minimal sunlight to stream through; hence the candles. It was a humble home, but it kept Ralla comfortably enough.

"I apologize that it isn't as grand as some other huts, but it's home. I must thank you again, for offering help on this project. What I was doing was building the platform for an observatory. It's not an urgent addition, but I would at least like the foundation finished by winter's end. Although, as you pointed out, it isn't the best season for building. Wet or much-too-dry timber, snow, slippery surfaces..." she listed them all as she went about to the barrel and filled two glasses with water, setting one on the table for J'adore and sipping the other one. "I have some dried wood under the tarp outside; the one being held up by the tree. While most of it is firewood, there are some planks kept under there just for the observatory. While the observatory does not concern you directly, and you may not know, but I link the Great Fire's power directly with that of the moon and stars. Charting them has told me much and allowed me to gleam many a thing, but it's hard for me to chart everything accurately on the hard ground, or have enough room to keep my tools." She then sat on one of the stools, smiling while motioning with her hand an offer for him to do the same. He seemed a nice enougn fellow, and she was eternally grateful that she would have some help on her endeavor.

"I don't really see how I could repay you with this, however. Even if you are my subordinate, the only way that this connects with the Great Fire would be making another store-space for some of our tools. Hm... Have you learned some of the lore as of yet?" Curiously she quirked an eyebrow, fishing for how far along Ja'adore was in his duties and just how passionate he was about them. She knew that he was not a long-time member, but it never hurt to have some pre-conceived knowledge about one's colleagues and what might interest them. Although, even if he didn't help me, I would still be obligated to teach him the lore and his duties. She thought it a nice way to bond with the new wolf, however.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

OOC- I copy and paste you description of Ralla's hut tree thing, and edited it from J's view.

J'adore nodded 'Nian, yes, I've been teaching him to read and write'. J'adore walked through the door behind Ralla, as he glanced around the place he saw that it wasn't a flashy house, it was quite and fitting for the fact it was high up in a tree. It was a humble home, but it seemed comfy enough. 'You dragged this up the tree? J'adore asked, knowing the answer. It was a lot like his own hut, practical and comfy. But J'adore still held that it beat his by being in a tree, and having an, despite being not even half built, observatory. 'No, no, it's good. I don't like showy places, like humans had. Ralla set down a glass of water for him which he picked up and sipped. 'Thank you' he smiled as he set it back down. The water was cool and refreshing, just what he had needed. J'adore didn't speak for a while, only nodded, as Ralla spoke, finally speaking up when he was asked about the fire lore, 'There is no need to repay me' he paused and gave an embarresed smile, 'Not as much as I would like, I know if the fire goes out that is a tres bad thing'. J'adore was shy about his lack of knowledge about the fire lore, but he was sure he would learn wuick enough.
[html]

Read and write, huh? What she wouldn't give to learn that. Sadly, she had to admit to herself that word of mouth--although not always the most reliable--was something that everyone had in common. She had met many wore wolves that couldn't write, more than those who couldn't speak. And even though she did want to learn scripture, the time to learn a new language--for that's what it could be called in itself--would take more time than she had to spare on anything other than what she was and would plan. She nodded at the golden-black wolf, running the palm of her hand over the rough table. "Only way to get it up. I've actually fixed a sort of pulley system for the water buckets, too. It's not anything beautiful or ingenious like our craftsmen can do, but its basic enough that even I can do it." The warmth that had risen from the fires below had become trapped in the hut, kept further by the clay walls and candles lighting the room. She was planning on actually making a fire in a clay pit or metal bowl, for the center of the room, but it made her nervous that she might fall asleep with it untended. She would find the proper equipment soon enough; it only irked her a little that she had not found something suitable before winter came. Ah well, what's done is done.

His admission from his lack of the fire tending knowledge did not surprise her, and she was neither disappointed or very surprised. His language--Tray...? Trei...?--while a familiar sound, did not ring any bells with her vocabulary. Then again, neither did his name, nor most of the language in AniWaya when she first arrived. "I'll make you a deal, then. In return for you helping me with the observatory foundation, I'll teach you some of the lore while we work; that way, both of us win." It was an unfair trade, on all accounts, but he had kindly offered his services first, and then again when she had let him consider consolation. Standing up from her short sit, she went behind the curtain that was her 'room' to ravage through her piles of 'treasures' for some ratty paper she had used for impromptu-blueprints. The space behind the curtain looked more cramped than it was due to the pile of blankets that she often heaped on herself while in the hammock, hanging shards of glass and shiny bits kept suspended by string, and a series of shelves made from twigs bound together with yet more string. It was a smart way to use menial resources without depriving the pack, and it was also easier than lugging up something impossibly heavy by herself, such as an actual armoire.

She returned to the table and spread the paper out on top. The paper was browned from age and had seen repeated use on its reverse side from chart scribbling, all of which were so close together that Ralla couldn't decipher which was connected to which anymore. Therefore, she had deemed the use of the paper 'used' enough that she could draw on it for blueprints (such was her ranking of 'the purposes of paper'). "This is what I had planned for the base," she said, tracing the outline with her finger. "A hut formed almost just like this one, but, uh...less cluttered..." She winced, recalling the state of the space behind the curtain. "The base has to be a little sturdier, I think, because it's a little higher up, but... I honestly don't know all the details. I was never formally taught how to make a house, so all this is just like a child making a toy one." She had learned making huts as a basic tribe skill, but it had gotten buried under the 'more important' duties she was being trained in, so she never really learned the fine details. If J'adore knew more, or if he could offer tips, she would gratefully take them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
OOC- Word count- 260 (About).

The only words J'adore spoke within the next moments of the conversation where 'Deal'. In return for helping out he would be taught the pack lore. It wasn't a physical gift, but J'adore being a knowledgeable wolf knew that helpfulness was it's own reward. He nodded as Ralla spoke of her blueprints. 'I don't know much either but I can help out doing odd jobs and fetching things' J'adore wasn't a builder he was a literate fire-tender, but he was skilled in all sorts and wouldn't haste to help someone. Ralla's tree hut was indeed very nice, it was quaint and had a useful feel to it. Something which J'adore couldn't explain, but he sure felt it. 'I've made a fire pit in my hut, from metal I found in Halifax, it's my pride and joy really. It can be adapt in a few steps for cooking and back again for warmth, and I can also use it for crafts. It's quite safe as well, that’s why I choose metal something that won't burn. I had to make a hole in my roof for it, but I made a closing system to covering up when the fire is out' he said proudly, it had taken him a while to make and he was always adding to it, but it was an accomplishment none the less. 'As long as we make the floor sturdy, we should be fine. The walls just need to stand there' J'adore said having trouble phrasing his sentence. He set his bag down on the floor and looked to Ralla for a instruction.
[html]

Because it would be post-recycling to tell J'adore the story again, the Creation of Fire story is located here. So when she mentions it, just look there, and then she can tell another story if there's time :3

As J'adore explained the usefullness of a metal fire-pit, she grew more optimistic about its practicality. As she had suspected, it was not an uncommon thing to do, and J'adore had found his materials in the abandoned Long Gone town of Halifax. Well, she was going to be passing through there on her recon journey with Noss; she could pick up some things there as well. Her optimism doubled when J'adore agreed wholeheartedly to helping her. Spirits rekindled, she stood up from her chair and nodded. "Well then, what do you say to starting now?" She had the materials, as stated, under the tarp bolted to the tree, but things such as nails needed to be fetched again, and Ralla would need help getting the planks up the tree again. While she had done so alone before, it had been because she had cut the boards shorter, making them lighter. It seemed a waste to do so again--since it went through more nails and time--so J'adore's assistance was more than welcome.

"The first thing we need is more nails. If you could go to the Town Hall, there are some in an old box. When you come back, I could really use your help getting the boards up in the trees." So saying, Ralla began to move outside again, and then up the tree, taking with her the small axe. While she waited, she would continue clearing a stable space to lay the foundation. What should I teach him first? How fire came to be? Yes, that seems appropriate... She had just told the tale to Nian the night before, so she was brushed up on it to a T. J'adore seemed nice enough to Ralla. Certainly nice enough, since he had offered to help her with her hut. Even if she was his senior in rank, not just anyone offered out of the blue. She looked down at her progress with a satisfied grin, confident and happy with her work. Even though she had said the hut was higher up, it wasn't at the tippy-top of the red oak. In stead, the foundation was wedged in-between a fork in the two strongest limbs on the other side of the tree. When the leaves and flowers began to bloom, she would fully trim the tree to allow for better sky-viewing access. She could almost see it, and then spring saddened her again. But then summer time... Yes, that would be a treat. She wanted to see the clear summer skies and stars, be with her packmates, and see all of Nova Scotia in the throes of the Summer Solstice; the day of life and light.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

OOC- Kewl! I know this is only 153 words, but if you want me to make it longer I can.

J'adore nodded at his task and left. He scaled down the tree with ease and took a few seconds to shift to his fast Secui form. He slicked his ears against his head and set off. He didn't stop, no, not for any obstacle. Not for logs, streams nor for dodging trees or rocks. He arrived at the town hall in recorded time, he again shifted to his Luperci form and entered. There he found a decent sized box full of nails. He decided to put the in the front half of his bag. J'adore walked outside, zipped up his bag and shifted back into his rapid Secui form. He again set off like a peregrine falcon, wings spread. When he returned to Ralla's tree hut. From the ground he could see Ralla had finished clearing the platform. 'Ralla!' he shouted up. 'Throw me a rope down so I can attach the planks!'
[html]

It's fine :3 I'm not a real stickler for how long other people post; just makes me happy that they do it at all Big Grin See? Mine's short as well >.>

From atop her perch Ralla's abnormally large ears heard the call and shouted down affirmation. Nimbly, as if she had been a monkey in a previous life, she swung from the tree limbs and fetched the rope from inside her hut. Once having the strong, woven twine in hand, she re-climbed the tree and found the sturdiets branch next to the forked branches and threw the rope over it, making sure that the end fell all the way down to reaching distance for J'adore. She might not have been a mechanicaly genius, but she understood the basics of a pully system...

She briefly marvelled how quick J'adore had been. Sure, she was quick as well, but she had always imagined a wolf's secui form to be large and lumbering. Just goes to show that you can't judge something without experiencing it. Ralla had never shifted into her secui form. She always felt as if it were unnecessary, since her strength was menial in comparison to her speed and agility. And the only wolves in her previous pack that had transformed into their secui forms had been warriors--meaning, most of them were more on the well-muscled side.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

OOC- YAY!

Ralla threw the rope down and J'adore caught it, fixing it to the short planks, nesting the box of nails atop them and gave it a quick tug to check its solidity. ’Okay, bring ‘em up!’ he shouted with a quick thumbs up. As Ralla pulled the first planks up he readied the next and again and again till all of the planks they needed were up on the platform. ’You could make a little set of ladders, ya ‘know’ J’adore said after he climbed the tree, secretly racing the pulley system. He dusted the splinters from his coat and stood straight. ’What next boss? he asked smiling to Ralla. Maybe he was needed for hammering, or fetching, or... well he’d ran out of ideas, but he was sure Ralla knew exactly what had to be done. He was ready for anything, helping was his favourite pastime. He shifted his weight and waited as Ralla finished her task. The winter was drawing to a close, so the observatory needed to be done soon. J’adore was even willing to fetch candles and work in the dark, if it helped someone. Sometimes he was even to helpful for his own good.
[html]

Derp? :3 (That has now become my favorite word ^w^)

Tugging a few times to test the stability, Ralla began to hoist the planks over the branch. She might not have been the strongest wolf--her strength a lean one from running and using an axe--but the pulley system was an amazing one. Even a small wolf could pull the load she was pulling right now just because of the mechanics of the invention (that which she did not know or cared to comprehend so long as it worked). As the last of the planks made their way to the cleared platform--each one being set lengthwise so they wouldn't fall--Ralla almost lost grip of the rope when J'adore suddenly appeared behind her. Regaining it, she hefted the last of the planks with J'adore's help into place. She laughed as he mentioned a ladder. "Well, I actually have a set, but one of the rungs broke. It's easily fixable, I just haven't had the time. Now..." With an unexplained hop and rush, Ralla went back into her hut and got out two...rocks. Yep; plain, everyday rocks. They were the two that she had first used to hammer in the nails on her first hut, since she had never seen a hammer before. Alright, that was a lie. She had seen one before, she just hadn't know what it was or what its use could be. Ironically, she knew what the terms 'hammer/ed/ing' meant. "Here. Grab some nails and start nailing those planks together." She did the same as she had instructed J'adore, kneeling next to the first plank, holding it steady over the branch, and crushing the rock to the nail's head; straight through to the tree after a few good hits.

J'adore obediantly complied, and Ralla remembered to keep up her end of the bargain. "So, the birth of fire has many different tellers and versions, but this is the version that I told Nian a few nights ago..." She began the tale, having to speak up a little as the hammering of the nails made a din. Granted, the tale was less dramatic as the night before, since the Great Fire was not there to mesmerize, but she tried her best to convey the story. Since J'adore was in training as a Gata Hineyu, instead of just a listener like Nian, she stopped in-between verses to ask him to repeat her or to answer his questions. It would be his duty as well to repeat this tale to their pups and tribesmen, and missing details was a dangerous thing. Word of mouth, however common, was often unreliable, as the tellers could easily twist words to change a meaning. Ralla hence prided herself on repeating stories exactly as she had heard them, and planned one day to fully chronicle her knowledge in readable script. That is, if she ever learned proper handwriting...

The tale done, Ralla asked once more if J'adore had any questions. "If you feel comfortable enough, I could teach you another story as well." The day was already mostly gone and the temperature was dropping. The foundation was so close to being complete though... If they could hustle through the last part, it would be done, and Ralla would be obliged to invite J'adore in for something warm to eat, as well as to warm up in general.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
'I could fix it if you like? I'm not a craftsman. But the Spanish are inventors, so I've learnt' J'adore said as he did what was asked of him. It was an easy task, but the fact that such a simple act could build lifelong friendships. When she started to tell the story, he set down his rock and sat like a child and listened, asking a few questions on the way. 'You should document that, it seems a shame that only AniWayan know about it' J'adore sighed sadly. It was a truly great tale. 'I'd love to hear more!' he said enthusiastically 'But let’s finish this off'. The foundation was nearly finished and it seemed silly not to complete it. It was getting dark, but if he was needed again he would return for the light of morning. J’adore yawned slightly, but hid it from Ralla, in case she sent him home before it was complete, he really didn’t want to go despite the time, he was interested in her stories . He was also very proud of his work. His fingers were stiff from the cold and the position they had been held in for length of time he was hammering the planks, so he flexed them lazily, attempting to get the feeling back in his five thin fingers.
[html]

OOC-derp~ Also magically-apearing-fish-derp >.> (DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fire Prayer by Denean)

She had shook her head when he had generously offered to fix her step-ladder for her. No, that would be taking advantage of rank and kindness, and Ralla wouldn't be able to sleep soundly with herself if she overstepped her boundaries too often. She went through the tale as promised and then was pleased to hear that he own thoughts were confirmed in J'adore's mind. "I think so, too. They may be, but since I can't read or write script, Chief Dawali had to tell me orally." Rubbing the back of her head, the confession of skill was a bit embarrasing. "One of these days it would be prudent to learn the craft... For now, I'm content where I am. Maybe once the observatory's built I'll learn and chronicle the legends there." That brought an image to mind. She could happily imagine herself in the hut by candle or moonlight writing down all the stories and songs and lore she knew, stashing them on the shelves like a repository of vast and glorious knowledge. There was a name for a place such as that; a 'library', as she recalled. J'adore's eagerness to hear more was well-received--alike in voraciousness as Nian's own hunger--but Ralla agreed that they should finish their work before they dawdled elsewhere too much. "We'll finish, then." Steeling her nerves against the cold--secretly feeling the same stiffness in her fingers as J'adore--she worked harder on the foundation. They only had a few more planks and then testing to do before she was satisifed with their results. So saying, as the gray moon began to rise with the sun's rays just shining over the hazy horizon, Ralla walked along the length and sides of their finished foundation, jumping a few times for stability. The planks had a little give, as they were supposed to for flexibility, and so the end result was perfect.

Smiling broadly, Ralla stretched her arms high into the air before pivoting on her heel and facing J'adore. "It's perfect! Thank you so much! Come on, I'll tell you another story over dinner." She then led her junior back down to her own hut and motioned for him to sit down as she headed out to her small fire beneath the tree. She had some fish from the storehouse there slow-smoking from earlier on two small stakes. Looking them over, they were done just right. She didn't know if J'adore was a raw or cooked eater--personally, Ralla went both ways--but she thought it appropriate to have warm food on a cold day. She had not expected company, so the two fish were on the smaller side. It was the best she could do on short notice without seeming rude, though. Bringingthe fish up, she presented one of the stakes to her guest and motioned for him to sit at the table, doing so once more herself. "I'm sorry, again, that it's not as homey as one with a fire. It could be much warmer in here. But again; thank you for all your help. You have no idea how much that's probably saved me." Taking a petite bite of her fish, Ralla began to mull over what tale she should tell. Hmm... Must be pertinant to training, must be pertinant to training...Must be--Aha! The perfect bit came to mind. It was the full version of the prayer Ralla had sung part of to Sanuye when they had rendezvoused, and she thought it quite appropriate to teach to J'adore, whether he sung or not. "Concerning another lesson, let me teach you a prayer. It was one of the first ones I was taught, and should become a basis for other fire prayers." Clearing her throat, Ralla began the song and repeated the process she had done when teaching J'adore the earlier story as well.

"We circle around the fire,

We feel the spirits near.

We know their loving presence,

As we offer them our prayers.

See the gentle smoke rising,

From the earth to the sky.

Sharing each prayer we offer,

With the ancient ones on high.

With the ancient ones on high.

Every thought, every hope,

Every joy, every dream,

Sent upon the sacred smoke,

To the ancient ones unseen.

To the ancient ones unseen.

Hear the voice calling you,

In your heart you know it's true.

Feel the love abound,

Of the ancient ones around you.

Of the ancient ones around you.

Feel the ancient ones all around you.

Yes, the ancient ones are around you.

With love, with love..."

The prayer done, Ralla settled into a posture of utter relaxation. The prayer was one that reminded her of the Great Fire's power and that the Great Spirits and moon were always watching out for her, no matter how many challenges they places before her. It was her duty to convey this feeling to her tribe and keep the Great Fire's power strong. And now she was training J'adore in the same rite. It was surreal, considering how short a time she had been an Otlvna Gata. Sanuye always seemed independant in her training--often doing her duties without need of direction at all--and Oceane was hard to find in the first place. The best she could do was take her opportunities where she could.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

J'adore nodded, 'If you ever need a teacher, I'm your man' Yes, he'd taught Nian, Axelle and Voron a thing or two and was only happy to do it again. A few minutes later, he was in Ralla's hut, she again apologise for it's flaws, but J'adore shook his head, 'It's fine' he knew that some homes were not as homey as others, but people did as they could. The fish she offered up was small, but tasted good. Smoked to perfection, J'adore grinned as he ate, 'These are good! he said, pondering about the elk. 'We smoked some of the elk myself and Nian caught, personally I like fish better...' he said quickly finishing his fish off. J'adore paused thinking suddenly that this really was only a meal for one. 'My apologies for raiding your food stock, but also thank you, I would not have had the time to fetch dinner for myself'. He didn't have anything is his food stock and hunting wasn't really an option at this time of night, so Ralla had saved him from hunger. Shifting into a more laxed position as Ralla spoke, when she had finished, he smiled, 'Thank you, that was lovely'he hadn't known anything about his role before he had arived at AniWaya,now he was learning the basics, step by step.
[html]

LATE! DX

"Really?" she asked, leaning forward. J'adore would teach her written script? "Well, I'll tell you what, J'adore; once the observatory's fully built, you can teach me how to write and I'll teach you more about our duty. If you can write while I dictate, I can learn by watching you write, and you can learn the lore as you chronicle it. How about it?" To Ralla, it seemed a brilliant idea; now that'd be killing two birds with one stone.

She let out a little laugh when he exclaimed about the taste of the fish. She hadn't really done anything special to them, but she supposed hunger was the best seasoning, after a hard day's work. She waved her hand from side to side when he apologized for taking her dinner. "No, no; it's fine! In all honesty, one of these fish would've been fine for me. I guess I got a little ahead of myself." She rubbed the back of her head in embarassment, noting that she probably could've eaten ten of the fish and never gained a pound. For some odd reason, unless it was lean muscle, Ralla had never gained a pound of extra fat that she didn't logically need. She was always running about the place and gathering wood, so she supposed that it was only reasonable that the unneeded fat was burned off... But she was happy that he had enjoyed the fish nonetheless. "And a guest shouldn't have to hunt for their own food in someone else's house. It was my pleasure, really." It made her feel a little old to be treating someone who was actually her senior in years the way she was. Even if she was his senior in rank, she was so used to being carefree that such serious undertones didn't seem to suit her much.

"Do you understand it all?" The poem was mostly repitition, but she had to make sure that J'adore knew it all because along with the translated words were the native words; the original AniWaya dialect. Does he actually know any AniWayan? It would be a shame to let the language die... So thinking, the possibility of adding AniWayan to his lessons seemed a germane thing to do. During her first days, she had been so lost with the new words and phrases used in the tribe. But now, knowing their meaning and purpose, they all seemed beautiful and graceful to Ralla's tongue. "And actually, have you learned any AniWayan?"

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

'Deal!' the Spaniard announced with a grin. His head tilited in shame and wistfulness, he, with a frown, annouced that he did not. 'No, I'm afraid I don't... I haven't been here long enough to even pick up a single words'. His eyes lifted up to Ralla and gave her a light smile. He honestly didn't know there was a language... he understood most of what Ralla had recipted. The female hospitality reminded him of his mothers, but the wolfess in front of him was less stern-friendly and more friendly-friendly. He was getting around more easily with knowing about the pack. He wasn't spiritual much, he was more open and liked to let everybody believe what they want to. He himself didn't believe in most of the religions, but he knew somehow that there was something bigger than everybody lurking around. He didn't like it some days, it felt as if someone was shadowing him and then some it was like there was a big brother type thing watching over him, making him feel safe and resting his mind. And then sometimes it disappered altogether, or at least he didn't notice it. He suppose most days it was just his mind, despite being from an logical thinking family, they were still open minded. J'adore himself was an ambassodor to his family. He was their flagship, because he was a prefect representation of them.
[html]

Let's make your next post the last, otherwise we could drag this until forever 0-0 Trust me; we could XD Thanks for playing! No, really; thanks. Yours is parked behind the red civic -w- By the way, J'adore doesn't actually have to repeat the story >.>

She tilted her own head to the side regretfully, almost mimicking J'adore's. While she was happy that they could mutually benefit each other with what they had and needed, learning a language or how to write script was easier said than done. Just as she had been drilled in her tasks in her previous tribe, it was now her duty to do so to the other Gata Hineyus. She would have to approach them sooner rather than later and begin the same training she had done with J'adore earlier, if not only out of fairness but of collegial courtesy. That reminded her; when she left for the two months it would take her on her journey, who would tend to the Great Fire? Would Chief Dawali resume the duty? But what of other things? She couldn't bear to up and leave and then dump all those responsibilities back on her chief. She would have to ask one of the Gata Hineyus to at the very least oversee the others. As Sanuye was not only more familiar with the tasks but Oceane's and J'adore's senior, it was only prudent that she ask her to do so until Ralla returned.

"I understand. Hearing that, it only seems right that I teach you the native language as well. The words are a bit tongue-twisting, but you'll get used to them, after awhile. We don't use them casually, often, but they are vital for ceremonies and ancient rites. And since we care for the Great Fire, ours is one of the tribe's most ancient sacred relics to keep." Even with such embellished words, Ralla knew that she was speaking from her heart, because that was truly what she believed in. "But since the foundation is done, thanks to your moon-blessed help, I have a few days to spare. Why don't we begin some of the basic language in the evenings, when I'm tending the Great Fire?" It seemed almost too opportune, and it made her feel a tad bit guilty that perhaps she was showing favortism to this new wolf. Must make sure to review these things with the others. Must make sure... went the repetitive mental memo. Leaning back in her chair, enjoying the warmth of the hut and the company, Ralla felt a little mischievous yet oddly satisfied to say the following: "Now, please repeat the creation of fire story."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

OOC- okays XD

And so J'adore did, stumbling and missing pieces out, but they were tiny parts he jumped and overall he managed to repeat it well. He was ever grateful of Ralla's aid, but as his mind drifted to the time of day, he stood up spoke, 'I best be getting off' he smiled 'Thank you, for the hospitality'. He turned to leave, and made his way down the trunk. The air had that nighttime crispness to it. There was a slight breeze, but it wasn't cold. In fact it was warmer than most nights. J'adore had not noticed this as he was practically overheating with all the work, but nnow he had stopped and had time to awe at the tiny things he had missed. He moved after about a minute of standing in front of Ralla's house, like a moron may I add. He moved, still gazing up at the sky. When he bothered to look forward, he shifted, as quickly as the procese would allow. His Secui form was faster and more heavily built, his legs were still thin, but the thicken a tad more. His mane was long and dark, The wing markings on his shoulders were a noticable thing, they streched out, covering his massive shoulders. His nose, in this form was likened to that of a bull terriers, now it was obvious why he chose to fight in this form. J'adore was not a strong wolf and even though his Secui looked like it could do damage. That was merely because of the small things. A nose build for ramming, thin, yet well muscled legs and a thick neck all made for the biggest differance in a fight. And in this form, the Spaniard raced away home.