Snow Prob
[html]
OOC here: XD short, to the point, and angry.

It's....too...snowy!

The frustrated one-year-old shouted through the branches of her tree, and shook off the snow on her as best she could. Wrapping her bear skin around her more tightly, she glared at the clouds that she could see snowing. I hate snow. I hate snow. I hate snow. she chanted, and shivered slightly. She really needed a roof, or a house, but she loved her tree too much to leave it.
When more snow made it's way under the skin and through her fur, soaking into it and getting her wet (not to mention agitated), Valinta gave up. I give up! she screeched and retreated to a lower branch, then hid under the skin.

Valinta Speaks

<style type="text/css">
.Valinta b {font-weight:normal; color:#d38870; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.Valintaooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.Valinta p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Valinta {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:163 (+3) OOC:

the sound of an unhappy voice made him come out of his stupor, he’d been laying under a tree himself, as there was no lack of those, breathing in the cold frigid air, thinking about things that he wanted to do, and his plans for the upcoming winter that had already started. It seemed someone was having trouble, so Shaw stood up and followed the unhappy voice to a tree, a random one it seemed, and he looked up at her. it was exactly who he expected it to be and he called up to the young female.

Is something bothering you Valinta?

He was sure she was probably fine, but she seemed to be making such a fuss. He watched the female who had covered herself with a bearskin and sat on a branch of the tree. He wondered what she was doing up there in the first place, was she stuck? Or was there something a bit more deeper than that.

<style type="text/css">
.Shawfreebeez b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39675; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.Shawfreebeez-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; text-align:center;}
.Shawfreebeez p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Shawfreebeez {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebeez.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cbbe87; padding: 155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Shawfreebeez-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.Shawfreebeez-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #f0efe9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]
[html]
OOC here: -nips-
Valinta, hearing Shawchert's rather calming voice, let go of the branch and felt herself dangle by her legs, upside down. Hi. she said. Kicking her legs off of the tree, she landed in the snow. Standing up, Valinta leaned against her tree and looked at Shawchert.
As a matter of fact, something is bothering me. she said. See, this is my tree. I live in it. She gestured to a poorly written carving in the tree bark saying something like 'Vlintas Tre'. And with the coming winter, it's been snowing a lot. Tree's don't have leaves in winter, and so I'm getting snowed on.
She sat in the snow. I'm getting wet and miserable. I need a way to get the snow off of me. She looked up at her tree and saw that all the branches were now covered in the hated stuff.
I hate snow... she mumbled.

Valinta Speaks

<style type="text/css">
.Valintaooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.Valinta {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 262

Shaw sat and watched as the female jumped from the tree, in a very clumsy, yet graceful manner. It did look strange in many ways but he was quiet as she explained her odd situation, pointing to her carved name in the tree, and though his mind wandered to thinking she should just claim a house in thornbury, he knew of the idea of possessing something, and it seemed that this tree, though alive, was owned by the young wolf.

I see you dilemma, well it can be fixed. If you want, I can make you something. It will take some time, days perhaps, I even think I see where to fit it as well.

The tree seemed sturdy enough to hold a tree house, and he could see exactly where to put such a thing. There were three branches that seems to grow out from each other, like a hand, though it was more in the middle of the tree, it seemed the better it would fit.

You may have to help me of course, I have some extra wood over in Thornbury, so if you could help me bring the needed items we can get started on it as soon as possible, I’m afraid you won’t have any heat, but you will be protected from the wind and snow in any case.

He said. He was sure that she would accept his request, as it was better than laying in the snow and freezing. He wasn’t going to make a move until he got confirmation from the young female though.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC here: <3

Really?

Valinta's ears perked up at the thought of being able to not get snowed on. That would be a Godsend. You'll really do something about it? she asked. A small smile crept onto her face and she nodded happily. I'll help! she said. I'm a good helper! she grinned and leaned against her tree. No more snow on me or my bearskin! she whispered to herself. It's gonna be great!
Looking at Shawchert the young female resisted the urge to give him a hug as much as she could, and the urge won. Jumping up, she wrapped her arms around the much larger male and squeezed with surprising strength. Thank you thank you thank you thank you Shawchert! she squealed.
When do we start? she asked excitedly.

Valinta Speaks

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 229 OOC:

Shawchert could hear the shock in the young woman’s voice as she stated that he’d actually help her. Well of course, he thought to himself, packs are a pack for a reason. He did not say this aloud though, merely smiling. She however, was expressing her thanks with a great big hug, which he couldn’t help but laugh about and return. She was such a hyper little thing.

Well I’m glad you are excited about it, and we can start today, though I doubt it will be finished for a few days, but you could at least have a nice floor to lay on before the day is up. Come on.

He motioned her to follow him. The materials were in Thornbury so he had to go there to get them. He needed her help to at least carry the nails and hammer and saw for him.

If we hurry we could be there quickly.

He said, thinking of her idea of hurry… which would be to run the whole way there and back, at least that was the impression he got from her in any case. He was walking quickly now so that they wouldn’t lose much time to get the materials. He was excited to start this project, he’d seen the perfect spot for it and he wanted to keep the idea of it in his head.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Going sans table for January! Big Grin Hey Shaw!

Valinta's ears perked up as she scrambled to catch up with Shaw. "I'm so happy! I'm gonna get a house!" She grinned like an idiot and walked and everynow and then ran to catch up with Shawchert's much faster pace. Curse my short legs... Valinta thought.
Thinking a mile a minute about what she'd do to make her house nice and homey, despire the lack of heat, Valinta stopped suddenly.
"Shawchert.... How will I get furniture up into the house?" Valinta asked as she ran to catch up with the leader. She couldn't really put it in the house by herself, she was much too small, and she couldn't climb into the house holding anything. She needed both hands. Another dilemma for Valinta.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 223 OOC: Hope you don’t mind I skipped a little and may have to skip some more, because I know nothing of actually making a tree house LMFAO

Valinta seemed so excited now and she was pretty much running around in her joy though it seemed short lived when she asked how she would get furniture up there.

I’m sure a pulley system can e worked out, but I can’t say exactly how big your house will be, it won’t be extremely big, but I’m sure you can find a few things tha we can get up there enough.

He said. He was not a stranger to lifting things high up, though he was thinking it daunting to pull up a couch in there, he was sure it could happen if he had to, with help of another male at least, maybe even Bangle would help, but as she didn’t have anything like that they would not have to worry too much. They went to where the wood was being stored now, and he had her carry a few things, while he got the majority, most of which he had found an old wheelbarrel nad piled them in, though the air in the tire had been gone for some time now, it was still considerably easy than carrying everything all at once. He pulled the barrel back to the tree that Valinta had claimed and set it down.

Ok now for the fun part.

He said, and began to work.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: I know how to make a treehouse! Before we moved to the city, my dad and I built the most epic tree house ever. *puts a quarter in the epic jar*

Valinta nodded. A pulley system would have to work, because she couldn't really sleep on the floor. It would be possible, but... Not comfortable. Not really. Valinta shifted some of the wood in her arms. She had taken maybe one piece too many, and it was slightly blocking her vision. Thankfully, Shaw was too tall for her to not see, so she just followed him and hoped for the best.
Putting down the wood by her tree, Valinta looked up at Shawchert as he prepared trusses to support the base and the floor of the house. Hopefully, he'd be able to get the base, at least done, which was the hardest part for right now. Or at least the most time consuming. She could see that there were spots that some short stilts would be needed, to give the house something to rest on. Once the base was made, quite swiftly, Valinta grabbed a large board for Shawchert to start to nail in for the floor.
Her house was coming along well, it seemed. Hopefully it would stay strong and be comfortable. A nice place to live in, in her very own tree. Living with Margaret had never been like that. She had stayed with the woman all the time, and their house was set firmly on the ground. In it, too. There had been a basement.
But that was a long time ago. Valinta nearly flitted around the tree in her excitement to have a house, a place of her own to call home. It would be wonderful. Her newfound independence had her decided to climb into the tree and observe Shawchert work from a higher branch, and be ready to drop down to help him if he needed it.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 156 OOC: Bad crap post ; ; sorry

Shawchert was working diligently, he was now in his element, though the flute would have been more his forte, but working with wood, hammering nails and figuring out which piece went where was what he was really good at. Soon he had the supports and the floor all finished, it was hard to work and he was already sweating even though it was so cold, but he was not finished yet. He wanted to get the basics done, he looked over at Valinta who was watching him waiting for him to ask her for help and he smiled waving her over.

Just need walls and a roof up but I’ll need your help if you could?

He asked, he wanted it done soon, though she was still naïve so he knew he’d have to give her more of a simple job, mostly holding the planks in place for the walls while he got them hammered in.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Valinta nodded and scurried down the tree like a large, black squirrel, and then held up a largish plank of wood. Shawchert was letting her help, but it seemed like she could be doing more. She was stronger than she looked, and she and her father had built things together before. She could be of more use than just holding up planks of wood like that.
Thinking about whether or not to actually say something, though, was a battle. She wanted to prove to him that she wasn't just some dumb little girl, but she didn't want to put in any effort.
She concluded that she'd play along with his early assumption of her, and then when he realized who and what she actually was, she'd let it come back and bite him in the ass. That was what she planned for now, but eventually it would change.
Her plans always did. She had originally wanted to go to Mexico, but then boarded a different ship because she wanted to. Then, instead of heading south, she found Margaret, a relation of her mother's. And she lived with her. But then Margaret died, and so Valinta left the second shelter that she'd been forced from and just wandered until she found Cercatori d'Arte, where she could hone her dancing skills.
And yet, she still got the urge to leave. It was a vicsious cycle that would probably have her back at Cercatori, but she didn't mind. As long as she got to move and be comfortable with her movement. Not a single thing on the planet could make her feel out of place when she was moving herself. Not a thing.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 204

It wasn’t that Shaw didn’t trust the other to do anything else, he just wanted to get everything done and over with without having to ask her the billion question game. She seemed to comply and he gave her a rather happy smile, sure that she was ok with everything he was doing or she’d say something and in no time they were able to get the walls up and started working on the roof.

I may need your help hammering too, just have to be careful up there, I don’t think I will be able to get up and be stable up there

He said sheepishly, motioning to his bulk. He would probably destroy all their work, no matter how sturdy the walls of the tree house were… well he also wanted her to be able to get some time in, though he was the craftsman here, it was her home too, and taking the glory of it all was not appealing.

Just let me know if you need help I don’t know if you can hammer, I’m unsure of your skills.

He admitted to the young woman. Feeling sheepish he didn’t realy know her skills other than the fact she could dance.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Valinta smiled. Finally. She could prove to Shawchert that she wasn't just some stupid little idiot. Or too young to know how life worked. Or however he thought of her.
Besides, hammering? She could hammer like a boss.
Valinta realized that while Shawchert seemed to try and get to know everyone, he had made no such attempt with her. Sky Katruk had, though, reaching out to the younger girl to be friends. Hell, she knew Skye more than she knew her own alpha, and she should've known him like he was her brother.
But she didn't, and that slightly disappointed Valinta.
Taking the hammer, Valinta bit it while she scaled the tree to get to the roof. Grabbing a nail, as well, Valinta hammered it into the spot Shaw pointed out.
When she finished, she climbed back down and gave him the hammer. "I'm done." she said, and hoped he'd be shocked by her intense hammering skills.
[/html]
[html]

WC:317 OOC: darn you and pointing out the obvious XD but he had a reason!! HAHAHA

Shawchert could not help but be blamed for such a feet, he was normally a very friendly wolf, though why he was acting so quiet around this one, it was beyond him, though he still stayed quiet only to let her know where to hammer. It was nice to see that he was not the only handyman… well she was a handywoman he supposed… around here, as she had finished the roof. He smiled, it was nice, not too shabby if he said so himself, and it had only taken them a few hours.

Well then, how about a meal to celebrate then yes? We have some in the hunting lodge

He said, they were somewhat stocked, though it was low, and hopefully they could catch more game, though winter was nearly halfway through… well a third of the way through he supposed, and the worst was yet to come so he was glad that he got Valinta’s house done, and secured.

I may work on a ladder for you at some point, but I can see how well you climb that you won’t need it right now.

He smiled at the young wolf and climbed down the tree. Now he was sure that they could get something else besides work done. Shawchert had always been one to put work on top of conversation, he did it with his house, though he only had Anann around to help, and he barely knew her, but they didn’t talk half as much as when they were headed to do the work. So that was his excuse for not getting to know Valinta, though he was not thinking about this at the moment. He was thinking about food, and possibly a good chat during the meal.

So… I never have asked you where you were from.

He said casually waiting for the black woman to come down from the tree.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC here: URKA URKA

YA rodom iz Rossii.

Valinta said, speaking in her native tongue. Russia. she added, realizing that Shaw probably wouldn't know Russian. She nodded to imaginary music as she swiftly exited the tree, and watched Shaw.
V Yevrope. Europe. she said. Tilting her head, Valinta's posture became better, and her bearing became regal.
YA byla docher'yu al'fa. Daughter of alpha in my pack. she said. Valinta would have become the next alphess of the pack, had it not fallen. Maybe she'd collect all of the people against the new leaders and regain her father's pack... Or maybe not. Russia had become a place where the royalty could no longer live, if they wanted to be safe. If they wanted their life to be guarenteed. And that was something Valinta wanted dearly.
She had fought long and hard to come to this place, to keep her life, and going back to Russia would just destroy all those efforts, no matter how much she wanted to return.
Return was not an option. YA dolzhen ostat'sya. she thought.
Indeed, she would remain.

Valinta Speaks

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:181 OOC: <3

He listened as she spoke a different language, though of course he could not understand, the only language he knew was English. He nodded as she repeated what she said in English.

I see, may I ask why you had to leave such an esteemed honorable place then?

He asked, still waiting for her to come down so they can head to the lodge for their little celebration. He watched her intently though, happy that he really was able to get to know her. she was nice after all, though a bit more naïve than many he knew, but that was ok, he would never hold such a thing against her. He started walking now, though he knew she was still there, and he was in no hurry, idling was not ever in the mans best intentions. He was sure she would follow him. Or he hoped so.

Are you coming? I’m sure you’re hungry from all that work!

He said over his shoulder, he had a smile on his face just for her and walked slowly away from the tree.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]