Beneath the Rocks
[html]
Ooc: Happy new year! <3

The night air was crisp and clear as Nyx de Jinx to a deep breath of winter air.Exhaing, a small cloud of smoke appeared around her muzzle as she cracked a smile. She had to admit that she loved the winter, even when the air seemed to cling to her black fur with golden highlights. In her petite optime form, she walked into the caves. Her footsteps echoed though the tunnels. She paused for a moment to close her eyes and enjoy the moment of silenss that hung in the air around her. She was realativly new to the pack, but was finding that she was beginging to enjoy it, even though she was new to it all. As she kept this in mind something caught her eye. A large stone in the wall of the tunnel. It's surface was putruding from the smooth wall. It had an odd shape to it, that looked somewhat like a large shpere. Nyx leapt closer to it to get a better look. Eyeing it closer it looked somewhat liked a geode. She sniffed the surface, it deffinatly was. Perhaps there was a way to get it out of the wall, she wondered. Or just breaking it would do the trick. Taking a step back, she realized that this whole area of the tunnel had more of those same looking rocks. Seeing one on the ground, she bent down. It was a smaller one, This one looked breakable. Holding it firmly she smashed it's surface onto the tunnel wall itself and the stone shattered. She picked up the peices from the floor, they where ametheyst. The same stone that was around the leather part of the cord holding her necklace. They where a beautiful purple hue, that formed in tiney putruiding rods. They where smeared in red all of the sudden. Shattereding the stone had created a small cut on her hand. Nyx cursed herself for her foolishness. She pocked the amythest for later and began to look in her pouch for something of use to cover the small cut.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 325 HI THERE. Big Grin

It had been two weeks since the birth of her children, and the sable-shaded woman had barely taken a moment to escape the confines of her small cave. They were growing at an exponential rate, and the Tuyul did not know what to do with them anymore. She had missed out on some of the lessons of motherhood, and she had only Astaroth to guide her in the later months of her childhood. He had not been a father figure in any sense of the word, though he had guided her to that place where she had survived the next two years.

Leaving the children with Larkspur for a moment, the coyote hybrid made her way from their private cave. She had made sure to choose something off the beaten track and away from the majority of the action in the Anathema caves, of course -- Eris was not yet comfortable with this pack, though it felt far more like home than Inferni ever had. She wanted to make herself useful in some fashion, but she had come to this pack heavily pregnant, and now she was dealing with the eventual reprecussions of pregnancy -- namely, raising her children. This was more of a job than the Tuyul had expected, and so when she was given the opportunity to leave for even a short while, she took it readily.

Not wishing to go far, the chartreuse-eyed woman meandered the looping paths of the cave, following a sound she had picked up on. It sounded like trouble -- the angry crash of rock against rock, and tumbling noises. Hurrying her footsteps along, she found another canine in one of these meandering hallways, apparently beating the side of a wall. The coppery scent of blood caught the Tuyul's attention, and she looked at the stranger, tilting her head. “You okay?” she asked, yet to notice the glittering geodes the other woman had uncovered from their cavern home.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }

.sie-blanktext .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;
margin-bottom:10px; }

.sie-blanktext p {
text-indent: 25px;
margin:0px;
padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext b {
letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]
Nyx was still cursing herself for her stupidity when the wolf approached. She was so excited about breaking the geode that she had cut herself. And now her blood was on the Amythest that she had discovered within the caves of Anathema. Being and adventurous one, it was her desire to find more so she could use them in her creations. But not right now in the condition of her hurt hand. Being new to the pack, she wanted to provide a useful task. Perhaps Jewelry would be it for her. She could create amulets and items of protection for the pack members. These stones had energy to them that others could fin useful in their daily lives. Just as Nyx's own labradorite pendant offered her protection and guidance in her life. Wearing certain stones enhance one's certain senses and help them. In these cavern systems, Nyx wanted to create her own cave home where she could also use it as a studio for making jewelry and carvings. There she would be able to provide her use to the pack.

Snapping quickly back to reality, she looked at the other female that had spoke. "Ah, I cut myself on this," she said as she gestured to geode that lay smashed on the floor. Feeling rather idiotic, She showed the other women the amethyst in her bleeding hand. " I wanted to use these to create an amulet." Nyx fummbled with her other hand in her small leather pouch for some sort of antidote or wrap to stop the bleeding. The cut wasn't as small as she thought after all.
[html]

Word Count → 412 :: Could you do us a favor? :O Make sure you use bolded text for your speech from now on? It makes it easier for other players to see when your character is speaking. ^^;; The code for it on regular BBcode is: [b*]BOLD[/b*] without the asterisk (*) included. :3 I edited it into your last post for you; you can look there if you're confused! Thanks a bunch. <3

It was strange to smell fresh blood in a place such as this -- they generally only brought their kills in here, and they certainly did not smell like that. The coyote hybrid took a step closer to the other sable-shaded woman, her brilliant chartreuse eyes narrowed as she peered toward the cut hand. “I don't have anything to help you with that,” she advised, and then, almost as as an afterthought, added: “Sorry.” Manners were difficult to come by for the Tuyul, but she was at least making an effort here in Anathema, awkward and difficult as it was for her. “Is it a deep cut?” she asked, wondering whether they ought to head to the more populous areas of the cave and seek one of the healers for assistance.

Part of Eris simply wanted to retreat back into her cave and be with her children, but the woman forced herself to stay put. She had to make friends here and establish a life here -- she did not think Larkspur would be one to depend upon for their social position within the pack. The coal-furred wolf hybrid did not know how to feel about Larkspur, exactly. He had given her children and he had not run out on her or the children; he had remained by her side or nearby since their birth, and even now he gave her this break and ability to meander outside of their cave claim. Through all this, there was the unsettling knowledge that Eris did not, in fact, love him. She depended on him, sure, but did she wish to devote her life to him? The answer to that question resounded strongly within her, and the sable-shaded canine doubted her ability to even make such a deep commitment.

Confused, the shadow-hued woman leaned down and plucked one of the rocks up from the ground. “Amulets? These are just r -- oh!” she said, pleasant surprise showing on her face as she realized they were some kind of crystallized rock. The hybrid woman had no idea what a geode was, and she was not well-versed in types of rocks; she simply knew these were quite pretty. More special, they came from Anathema's very own cave. “I thought they were just regular rocks,” the woman added, punctuating the statement with a short laugh. “Eris Eternity,” she said, introducing herself with that strange surname. It still tasted odd on her tongue, but it sure did feel right.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {
font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }

.sie-blanktext3 .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%; }

.sie-blanktext3 .wc {
text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; }

.sie-blanktext3 p {
text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext3 b {
letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc:Sorry about that Eris. Thank for fixing my post. For now I think i'm gonna try and stick to these..

Nyx gripped her wound to her. It was still bleeding and indeed it was deeper then it was thought to be. The hybrid next to her was taller than she, but none the less pretty. She had curves such as herself and she almost looked like she with the same sable yet dark shading. Nyx was also sure that she was a hybrid of some sort as well, perhaps coyote. Although as much as Nyx was glade to meet another wolf of the Anathema, this shaded female did have anything to offer to help ease her pain."Yes, I think it's deeper than I thought.." she moaned to herself more from her own stupidity then the pain. She opened her leather bag and began to ramble through it until she found an ointment to numb it and ease the bleeding. First she would need to clean it, so she placed the ointment on the rocky floor of the cave and knelt down on one knee. Then Nyx lowered her maw to her wound and began to lick it an attempt to clean it.

Nyx knew some of healing but not as much as a qualified healer would. Focusing on her wound as she licked it, she began to feel it ease. Just then Nyx flashed her yellow green eyes to the night colored women as she picked one of the crystals from the floor of the caves. The ones that she had so stupidly cut herself on. She stopped attending her wound and said, "Yes, aren't they something! They are called amethyst, a marvelous stone. They are known for there bringing of spirituality and physic ability as well as other properties"... Nyx let Eris's laughter ring in her ears and echo through the tunnels of the caves. " Nyx de Jinx" She felt herself saying, giving the hybrid a smile... Her wound was already slowing it's bleeding. Nyx paused and with care, put the ointment upon the wound. Slowly, it began to numb. Bringing her back to reality, she thought of how she knew the metaphysical properties of different semi-precious stones. It was one of the reasons why she incorporated them in her craft. Not only where they something nice to look at, either adorned on the body, seen as jewelry or displayed within a home, but they had properties to them that could benefit. Perhaps even as a gris gris or such. Nyx felt for some reason that she should share this with Eris, even though she had just met her.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 422 :: No problem!

There was sympathy in the darkly-colored Zepar, but it was not within her to express such sympathy verbally. There was a harshness about her now -- it had existed within Eris since the woman had departed from Eterne and headed up north again, and she could not shake it. There was hardly a desire within Eris to lose such standoffishness, however; it had served her well and protected her from hurt, it would seem. She had remained distant from her mother and in the end her mother had not truly cared. Had Eris grown close with the woman or attached to Inferni, she would have been immensely hurt. And so she carried this with her still, although she was not so distanced from this pack and its members as to fail to at least offer Nyx something. “Maybe we should head back to the center of the caves,” she said, frowning and turning back to the other woman, surprised to find her already attempting to fix herself up. “Oh, you know how to heal?” the woman asked curiously. The only plants she had ever taken an interest in were decidedly not medicinal, and she peered over at what Nyx was doing in curiosity.

“They're very pretty, though maybe not so pretty as to lose a finger,” the hybrid cautioned, flicking a coal-shaded ear at the faint echo of another voice in the cave. It was very distant and not headed their way, or so she thought. It was so slight she could hardly tell. She turned the stone around in her hand, peering closely at the purple and pinkish hues of its innards. “I never thought of rocks as having any sort of power, though,” she cautioned. There was no disbelief in her voice -- Eris had her own faith, but she was not so close-minded as to deny others their own. She had learned she could even pick up things from these others --Larkspur did not hold the same beliefs as Eris, but she had picked up a thing or two from him. “Good to meet you, anyway. I've been stuck in my cave lately. No time to get out and see the pack,” she explained. She felt awkward stating outright that she had children; the words still did not taste quite right on the woman's tongue. She was not so sheltered, however, that she did not realize their small home had grown since she had first taken refuge underground. There were more scents filling the caves than she could imagine.

<style>
.sie-blanktext3 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.sie-blanktext3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.sie-blanktext3 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.sie-blanktext3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sie-blanktext3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sie-blanktext3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a while. I have midterms. ewk!

The bleeding stopped and the pain began to slip away as Nyx heard the dark colored female's uncaring comment towards her. It seemed to Nyx that Eris didn't care to much for others. She decided not to take it personally and continue on with caring for herself."It's ok," She said without removing her concentration from the task at hand. After all, she had been caring for herself all along for these past few months after her pack had been killed and she had traveled to Souls. The ointment that she had taken with her was from one of the healers of her old pack. Truthfully, Nyx had little knowledge in the healing department but she continued to put the ointment on the cut. It seemed to be doing it's job as the pain lessened and lessened.

Dark ears perked to the shaded females questioned on healing. "Oh, not to much.. This ointment was a gift from a healer from my.. old pack. ,". Nyx did not want to speak of her dead pack. She would rather call it old then dead. Yet most of the members where dead sadly. After coming to Anathema things had been different for her and she was finally feeling a tad more comfortable in this new pack life.

Nyx gave a soft laugh at the other hybrids comment of the stones, not wanting to lose a finger. "I usually don't lose fingers doing this, or I would probably have none left! I was just excited when I saw the rock in these caves, forgetting about my own safety.".. As her laughter eased, she flicked her ear in the direction Eris's was in. Someone was in the caves as well it would seem. Nyx sensed nothing dangerous, but perhaps she was wrong. She hoped not. "Yes, it seems odd but each stone has it's own properties; such as all things. Each different type of stone has something to offer the wearer.".. Nyx wanted to keep her beliefs simple and understandable when she expressed them. Beliefs where only thoughts yet they in themselves create. Each stones held it's own value and personality. Nyx didn't talk with many others about the properties of stones, she felt they would judge her and call her crazy. But under the circumstances of finding the stone and all, Nyx thought that she would share her belief with her.

Nyx thought about her own that she was wearing, Labradorite. This stone, she felt, aided in her inspiration, insight and preventiveness. It was an amulet she made on her neck. It was on a leather cord with Smokey quartz and amethyst tied to the back of it. This necklace she had created was her favorite pieced. She wore earrings as well as a feather earring on her right ear. She had created all of these and wore them proudly. She was an artist at heart and felt that it was an obligation that she must do, to create.

She offered the night colored hybrid a soft smile and "It's nice to meet you too Eris. I can see that the caves must seem lonely at times. But we are getting a lot of new members". Nyx was one to talk, she was a new member. But she already was an older Zepher compared to some of the recent new comers. Though she must admit, she was curious to why Eris hadn't gotten outside and had some fresh air. The caves could seem isolating if one was alone. But perhaps Eris was not alone? Nyx thought. She did not want to pressure the shaded color wolf.

<style>
.moonbird-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.moonbird {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.moonbird b {color:#21c1cd; font-weight:bold;}
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5136/souls66.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:560px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#116d73; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 692 No problem! Great post, by the way. ^_^ I rambled away at you here, apologies. D:

The sable-shaded woman was not particularly empathetic -- she had yet to form close ties with this pack. Her children and Larkspur were her primary concern, the former far more so than the latter. Were she more able to relate to others, or even relate her own experiences to others, she might have seen something in the other canine's leanness, the faint appearance in Nyx's eyes of some other place before this one and the long journey between. Eris was hardly that perceptive when it came to others, however, and even if she was able to detect these things simply by looking at another canine's face, they would be presumptions rather than certainties. The only things the sable-shaded canine believed in as a certainty was that there were none -- she had been sure of so many things over the course of her life, and later she had been proven terribly wrong about most of them.

“Nice of them,” the hybrid commented. “They sent me off with my cat. If not for him, I would have starved,” she said, matter-of-factly. “Never taught me how to hunt,” the hybrid added, clarifying the story -- of course, the blame for her inability to hunt for herself was shoved off onto someone else. It was not her fault, after all, that they had never taught her anything in Eterne. She had never thought to complain -- spoiled rotten, the sable-shaded woman could not have imagined her future as one outside of Eterne, away from the Kimaris family. Perhaps if she had realized she might one day have to fend for herself, she would have been more vocal in requesting for her “uncles” to teach her things. Little did she know, they were nearly as useless as she -- the type of family the Kimaris were meant none of them knew how to hunt anymore.

“Happens. You seem to be in one piece, though, so you can't be doing so bad,” the woman said, her tone at long last becoming amiable. There was still a general reserved quality to her words, of course -- whatever meager gains the Tuyul had made in growing more comfortable around her packmates, there was still some distrust in her. “So many new scents. Larkspur and I just added to the count, too,” the hybrid agreed, laughing a low, giddy sort of giggle. “We had three pups,” she added proudly. Nyx was the first Eris had the opportunity to tell -- perhaps Larkspur might have told someone, but Eris did not think he'd be the type. It might have seemed strange that the Tuyul would tell a relative stranger such as Nyx about her children first of anyone, but the sable-shaded hybrid did not have family here (that she knew of, anyway); neither did she have friends. It seemed almost fitting, then.

Speaking of such things as power and magic, however, piqued the green-eyed woman's interest, and she listened with rapt interest as the other woman described what the stones indicated. A slight nod of her head here and there indicated Eris's comprehension, and her chartreuse-shaded eyes glittered with thirst for more. “So, this amethyst --” she lifted the chunk of rock still in her hand “you said it aids spirituality? Turquoise? Silver? Gold?” she asked. These were one of the few stones (she mistakenly thought of silver and gold as stones rather than metals) she knew of -- in Eterne, they had used it as a decorative addition often, though there had been no particular meaning attached to the stone. The sable-shaded woman would have found it interesting to learn they were slathering themselves with some ridiculous antithesis of their own beliefs. “And, ah, that?” she added quickly, gesturing to her own neck to indicate the necklace Nyx wore. It was intricate and the coyote hybrid did not have to guess that Nyx had been the one to craft such an item. She seemed well-versed in these stones, and the coal-hued Tuyul could hardly believe such magic and beauty would be found with rocks and stones, of all things. Never before had the woman considered jewelry in such a manner.

<style type="text/css">
.eris-x01 b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.eris-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.eris-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.eris-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... isx1-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 195px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: yup, I think I rambled on with this one too, no worries ^^

As the healing ointment soothed the cut and eased her pain she closed her chartreuse eyes for a brief second. Memories flooded her mind like an open pool with a flood. After joining Anathema, Nyx had tired to build a wall to keep the pain away, to live in the moment and do what she loved, create. The pain disappeared as she remembered the past, the love she had for her old pack, Jinx; and the love they had for her. Her father, Raza, Alpha, had been away most of the time defending the boarders from another pack. Her mother, Kali had taught her about all of the stones and how to create and use them to one's advantage. Her sister, the healer, everyone. They had all been killed when one day the other pack decided to invade. Her parents where killed, the blood and pain drenched her heart. That's when she took what she could and ran- ran to souls. She was lucky that she knew how to live on her own and fight if she had too. Yet she missed everyone, especially her sister. She couldn't remember the last time she saw her. When they where pups, play fighting probably. Lucky she was able to escape the fate of her pack.

"It was considerate," she spoke a bit distantly in a shallow to coyote hybrid. Then she spoke again, "A cat? They are beautiful and quite skilled at hunting... Your lucky to have her to hunt for you." Nyx had seen them in the wild, they where skilled indeed at hunting. Some had even taken her prey before she had gotten the chance to attack. Still she pitied the dark colored hybrid for not being able to hunt. It gave one such a thrill to feel the rush of hot blood on lips. Yet, it wasn't always the easiest to track an animal and chase it down.

The pleasant change in the hybrid's voice made Nyx feel more relaxed and at ease. "No, I really can't complain. I was able to survive as a loner, but to be honest I enjoy pack life better. There is more.. life so to speak.". She said smoothly to her. Nyx was beginning to like Eris, even though she might seem a bit unfriendly at first. She found that most of the pack she meet was like this. They had suffered hardships themselves and it had sculpted them into a stronger self. Yet somehow, through it all, she had still kept her kind demeanor. This didn't mean that Nyx would trust any one but she found it easier for her to be kind to others.

"Yes, it's insane with all of these scents! Oh my! Congratulations! I bet they are lovely. " Nyx's voice sounded like bells of excitement. She was happy for the female and gave her a soft smile to show it. Nyx had never had a lover before or even thought of kids. But she was happy for anyone who did.

Nyx saw the women's interest in the magic of the stones. This hybrid women seemed so ecstatic to what she told her of the amethyst. It only seemed fitting that these rocks where growing by Eris, since after all, Amethyst was a main stone for spirituality as well as more. She appreciated her interest and soon found herself rambling on. "Yes, this purple stone is in the quartz family. It's also good for calming the nerves, emotional stabilizability, help battle addictions and patience. It is a very helpful stone to have.". Nyx cast her glance to the shattered amethyst bits and chunks that remained on the floor of their home then to the one in Eris's hand. Surely she would have enough to make a few things with and place inside her home. "Keep some of it, I've broken more then enough. In fact it would be good for you have, especially with your pups and all. ".. The mentioning of other stones made the dark hybrid perk her dark ears as she nodded intently. Most of the knowledge that she knew of them came from her mother as well as Nyx's own feel towards what the stones benefited. "Turquoise is actually a travelers stone, keeping one safe and brings grounding. Silver and gold are metals, yet they also offer benefits to the wearer. Throughout time gold has been associated with wealth and abundance. With those own ideas, it brings those qualities with it to the wearer and inspires power. Silver is associated with that of the moon and lunar energies. It also provides protection and protects one from negative energies, encouraging that it be sent back to the sender. It also enhances the power of turquoise. When you put different stones together, they can enhance their own powers. ".. Even those unaware of there power always where helped by the stones that they where. Even those who where drawn to a certain one. It usually meant that they where in need of it's use besides the fact that they found it beautiful. Nyx liked to incorporate all stones in her creations, so everything could contain power for the user. Even if it meant just carrying a small stone in the bottom of a bag.

"Oh this?" Nyx said smoothly as she grasp her own pendant in her hand. It was her favorite piece and she wore it with pride. It was a tear shape labradorite with intricate silver work around it's bezel she had created herself. The stone itself was iridescent changing it's color from hues of yellow, orange, blue and deeper blue. It was sister stones to moonstone, which also contains an iridescent quality to it. "This is my favorite piece. It is called Labradorite. It helps me a lot actually. Some if it's qualities are facilitating creativity, reduce stress and bring guidance in intuition. As well as it's own beauty. " The night colored hybrid smiled as she taught of her passion and played on Eris's willing to listen to her. It was not often that others found this intriguing as she did. Nyx was starting to respect Eris for her own curiosity and wanting to understand.
<

<style>
.nixdark-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.nixdark {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.nixdark b {color:#d5d5a5; font-weight:bold;}
.nixdark {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/85/souls67.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#947e65; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 517 :: Ugh, sorry for the delay on this. :\ If you'd like we can wrap it up OOCly, and later, when Eris actually has a skill (gah, she sucks~) maybe she can teach Nyx something? :3 I'm aiming to have her get better at reading/writing for her rank advancement eventually. Also, the necklace would probably be obsidian? :O I'd legitimately never thought about this before, and Obsidian is common where Eris spent a lot of time, and probably accessible to Luperci. If you have a better idea, though, feel free to suggest ICly or otherwise. ^^

“Thank you,” the Tuyul responded, smiling warmly at the thought of her own children. “It's good to think the pack has young blood already,” she stated, thinking this was a sign of strength. Their immense cave system was the likely the culprit for this, as its size and protection during the winter months was certainly advantageous. The coyote was eager, however, to listen to her packmate's explanation of the stones -- it was an interesting subject, to say the least, and she perked her ears forward in earnest, chartreuse eyes fixing on the other canine.

The hybrid woman smiled eagerly and leaned to pick a few pieces of the amethyst off of the ground for herself. She was careful not to be too greedy with this -- after all, Nyx had done the work and injured herself in the process of getting the rocks. The hybrid woman leaned back upwards and studied her new possessions, rolling them over in her fingers. Bits of the gray rock clung to their ends, offsetting the purple quite nicely. “Thank you again for thinking of them. I'm not sure what I have to offer you in turn for trade, but I'll think of something,” the coyote said, earnestly wishing she had some way of repaying the other woman. Her lack of skill was, at long last, directly coming around to hurt her -- she did not have a single workable skill to offer this woman in turn for her good deed. Whatever she had learned in Eterne was old, rusted knowledge by now.

As the other canine elaborated on the types of jewels and stones, the coyote listened in earnest. She had not known any of this, and she was liable to believe it, after all -- it made sense, in a way. Eris believed the blood and bones and organs of different animals had different properties and strengths, and the earth was, in some ways, alive. It would only make sense to the sable-shaded woman that different parts of the earth would do different things as well. “Fascinating. I didn't know any of this -- but it does make sense. These things come from the earth, and surely, the earth has the most powerful magic,” the coyote said, shaking her head in slight amazement, a smile on her face. Her homeland had been blind not to see these things -- to be so haughty as to think only breathing flesh held power.

This she did not share with the other canine, however -- she thought it rude to interrupt the woman with her own fanciful tales. Instead, her yellow-green eyes focused on the woman's necklace, an approving nod and smile drawn from her lips. “It's very pretty,” the woman commented, lifting her own jewelry from her neck. “This is the only jewelry I wear, besides the ears, and I don't even know what it is,” the hybrid said softly. “Maybe you could identify it?” the Tuyul asked. She did not wish to press, but she genuinely wanted to learn more about the other wolf's belief systems and what they meant.

<style>
#eris-spiralhell {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;
background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... spiral.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 181px 0px; }
#eris-spiralhell .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
#eris-spiralhell .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
#eris-spiralhell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#eris-spiralhell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#eris-spiralhell b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]