Blessed By A B*tch From A B*st-rd's Seed
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.marsred b {font-weight:bold; color:#411b19; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.marsred p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.marsred {width:400px;border:1px solid #5f2b2d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... arsred.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:270px;background-color:#df5f4a;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#5f2b2d;}
</style>

ooc: I had permission o pp Orin for this post. I give orin permission to pp mars and vox in her next post if need be, and i would like orin to post before skye does. Thanks <3 wc: 565

Character Birthdate: 12/26/2007
Species: Russian wolf and alaskan husky mix
Preferred Ark Rank: Musician
A Secondary Form of Contact: PM, AIM - jacobymayownyou
Currently Played Characters: Daisuke, Cotl

Mars had never thought that he would abandon the Court for an Art pack and a girl. Orin had successfully gotten the Serf of the Court to switch to somewhere where he was welcome. Well....He was supposedly welcome there, as an artist, but as far as being in the pack, the two would have to figure this one out by going to the packlands and to ask for the wolfdog's acceptance into the pack. Before he and she had left the Court packlands, they were sure to pick up Mars' guitar and to pack a few bags of Mars' fabrics and other clothing that he had been either working on, or had finished. Mars figured that he had a dress for a reason, so he would offer it to the alpha, if he could (he'd heard that one of the alpha's was a female, so he knew that he'd be able to get rid of it.) meaning if it was her size or not. Mars had used an old manikin to model it as he worked on it, and he had made sure to leave extra fabric there for whoever would be fitting into such a dress. The woman held his guitar on her back since the two would be riding on Vox's back, and they were off through the night and to where Orin now called home. Mars could only hope that he was as welcome as Orin was. He couldn't help but hold a fear of rejection in his heart, but then he thought about how he could just go back to the Court if he was rejected.

Mars' breathing was rather rugged as the two would spend hours riding to the CDA packlands that happened to be pretty far, but not too far away from the Court, and once they were there, Mars could feel the atmosphere almost change. It seemed more carefree. Mars cleared his throat and Vox would slow to a trot. Mars looked back at the woman, who's arms were wrapped tightly around his waist. This is it, hm? the man asked, tilting an ear back at the woman before he had looked back at the borders. Anxiousness had welled up in his chest as Vox had finally crossed over the borders and Mars gave the surroundings a good look over with his steel eyes. He thought briefly of what Anatoliy would say, if anything at all. Mars couldn't think of anything. He then thought about his stupid cousin, Kiev Russo. He'd been gone a long time, and Mars almost felt like he should proclaim the child as dead, but then again, he might have found someone else to take care of his stupid ass. Mars figured that the boy would find Mars if he needed him. He hoped at least...

Mars was sucked back into the current world when Vox had abruptly stopped for some reason. The steel-eyed man had looked in front of the steed, but saw nothing that had stopped the stallion. Vox then bent his head over and nibbled on some grass that pathetically poked through the snow. Mars rolled his eyes and looked down at the buckskin steed and then nudged the beast with his heel. Vox nickered lightly and continued to move on. Where do you live? Mars asked the woman, looking back at her as much as he could without turning around completely.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.orin .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.orin p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.orin b {color:#005d75; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.orin {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... w/orin.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#4a0720; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.orin-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.orin .header {font-size:18px; line-height:10px; font-style:bold; color:#4a0720; text-align:right;}
.orin .inner {margin:10px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... orinbg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
ORIN TAKEKURO

ooc A thousand apologies but this post completely lacks any semblance of elegance. It is 4:40 AM here and I am still trying to oil the gears back up. Hope it's manageable! I will smooth out again real soon, promise. Just wanted to make sure this got up. ^_^ WC 909

This was one of the most exciting things Orin had ever done… although grant it, everything Orin was doing at the time was, to her, the most exciting thing she had ever done. Her brief trip to Cour des Miracles had landed her in the presence of a friend, someone she had shared a particularly special experience with when she lived in the Court and had discovered the costume shop. There were few others excepting Niro that she could ever remember having so much fun with, and since that day she found herself drawn to Mars Russo. They were kindred spirits, both a little quirky and misunderstood, and that is what brought them together.

She had never ridden on horseback before! The stallion, Vox, was with Mars the day the two had met, but the pair wandered off without the steed that day, and before coming to the northern lands Orin had never even seen a horse – or any other livestock for that matter - in person. He was an impressive beast and Orin took to him at once, accepting him as though he was just another part of Mars (for they had been together every time Orin had run into him), and fancying the stallion for being such a close connection to the great mounts that the knights rode in the novels she so cherished. When the trio (the two Luperci and the stallion) departed from the Court that day, Orin was a little shaky riding on Vox’s back, and at first her excitement caused her to clamp her arms mercilessly around Mars’s chest, constricting him with a strength the belied the woman’s small stature. Yet it did not take long for Orin to ease up, gain trust in the creature, and loosen her death grip on its master.

Orin’s pride swelled with every soft crunch of the horse’s hooves in the powdery snow below. There was something to be said about traveling the country on horseback. She had been delighted when Mars offered her the opportunity to join him in his perch rather than lead or trot alongside on their trek to Cercatori D’Arte. Not only did they have a budding friendship, but Mars trusted and respected the woman enough to allow her to travel with him on his magnificent steed. What’s more, he asked her to carry his precious guitar as he could not with her at his back. This was important, and Orin was not about to shirk her duties. Despite her frequently roving mind she watched the landscape diligently and gave concise directions when needed. The last time she had seen this terrain she had been at a full sprint, excited about her trip to Cour des Miracles to see her brother, but she still recognized this land easily. Vox was quicker and more efficient in his march than she had suspected; they had already arrived at the border of the art pack lands.

When Vox stopped unexpected, Orin jerked forward slightly into Mars’s back. She uttered a small noise and fretted for a moment that the animal was broken, but a nudge from Mars got the stallion moving again. She spared her grip around Mars’s midsection long enough to adjust the guitar that was slung over her shoulder, then pointed towards a colorful landmark across the way.

“Look there, that’s the rock the members of Cercatori D’Arte decorated upon the pack’s founding,” the monument was off in the distance and too faint to make out any details. Orin moved her hand and motioned another direction. “I live in the town of Thornbury, this way. My bookstore is in the middle of the shopping square. If we go to the town Shawchert or Skye are bound to be there. Is Vox too tired?” She had already explained earlier to Mars that Shawchert and Skye were the non-mated, coed leaders of the pack. They both resided in the town, too, though in the residential district. Luckily, it was a small town, and Vox would be able to relax soon.

She watched the land around them as the horse took them through the pack lands towards Thornbury, ready to highlight any more monuments, but to her dismay the path did not cross any. Mars had been pleasantly attracted by her description of Cercatori – so much so that he packed up and returned to D’Arte with her the same night they had run into each other in Lunenburg – and she hoped the pack would impress him so he would stay. She was faithful that he would be accepted into the pack. Orin was blind to Mars’s idiosyncrasies, and the man was talented with the guitar and his ability to sew and in her mind would be an asset to the talents of the pack.

As soon as they moved from the wooded area into the more open yet heavily vegetated area that marked the edge of the town, Orin’s excitement began to wax. Her enthusiasm showed in the slight twitch of her arms clasped around Mars, and the sudden liveliness of her tail. “This is Thornbury!” she blurted. “My shop is beyond that row of housing.“ She pointed. “And if we go that way,” she pointed again, “we’ll be at the Capitain’s house.”

With that she tipped her head back and let out a long, mirthful howl, letting her pack know that she had brought a friend into the land and requested the presence of a leader.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.skyecollins b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e30; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyecollins p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyecollins {width:400px;border:1px solid #1f150d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... w/skye.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:235px;background-color:#4e3521;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#1f150d;}
</style>

ooc: orin, your table made me go eat m&ms! wc: 566

Skye was stretched out on her bed, despite it being a perfectly sunny and beautiful day. Her horse was lounging around in the living room, as Skye had nowhere else to put him - and the stallion, Jack, was probably munching happily on the bushel of apples Skye had brought him just a few moments before. Before that, she had been working on the garden, and before that, hunting. She was quite exhausted, as she had been learning to use Jack in hunt, but it hadn't turned out so well. So she'd gone on foot, seeking and tracking the prey before it got away. It did anyway, so Skye just ate two of the apples she brought for Jack and had flopped down on her bed.

She felt and heard the crack of her back as she slowly relaxed into the bitten but soft mattress. She spread out her arms and legs and closed her eyes, completely ready to just sit there and think. It had been quite a long time since she'd last seen her parents. She wondered how they were doing - probably the same as always, of course. Right now, her mother was probably sitting in her favorite chair in her favorite spot, reading a book by the light of the sun. Her father? Well, that was harder to picture. She thought he would probably be out in the back of the house, experimenting on some human gadget that he'd picked up.

"Someday, this'll work right as rain," he always used to tell her as he fiddled with the electronics. It was so complicated that Skye usually gave up trying to follow her father's movements and eventually went out back to help with her mother and her garden. She would never find out how he figured out those things - but then again, they almost never worked after he 'fixed' them.

Suddenly she was snapped out of her daze as she heard voices and horse's hooves entering the town. Wondering who had a horse in Cercatori d'Arte other than her, she walked over to the front door and opened it, taking a peek.

There was a great horse, larger than Jack. He was magnificent, his mane being buffeted by the slight breeze that carried on. On his back was Orin, her white fur and pink hair and tail prominent. She seemed slightly awed by riding such a beast, and spoke in a low voice. Who she was speaking to? Well, that was the other passenger, who looked very curious indeed. He was white, save for his face, half of which was black. Also on his face were curious markings - three black lines on the white side of his face and three white circles on the black side. He seemed calm as Orin spoke excitedly to him. She supposed he was Orin's friend.

Then, Orin let out a long, loud howl, and Skye stepped out of her house and trotted down so that she was by the horse's side. Shawchert may be very resentful when it came to trespassers - but Skye didn't really think it mattered when they were being admitted by another of the pack's members. Besides, it was clear that this other person wasn't being malevolent; maybe he even wanted to join the pack? "Hello, Orin!" she said. "Who's your friend?"

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.marsred {width:400px;border:1px solid #5f2b2d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... arsred.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:270px;background-color:#df5f4a;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#5f2b2d;}
</style>

ooc: beautiful posts, both of you. <3, there's a small amount of pp of orin in this post, hope you don't mind. SSWM wc: 779

The closeness of another was weird to the American, for it had been rare that one would spend too much time around Mars for an extended period of time. The only ones he knew of that were around him for a long time was Kiev, and then this one woman he met awhile back, when he was in California named Krystalle. He knew not of if Kiev or Krystalle had been around for when Bartholomew was around, but he could only guess that they were because sometimes they would be around when Mars would wake up, and when Mars woke up, he normally woke up in the middle or towards the end of Bartholomew's escapades. He remembered the first time he met Krystalle. She actually scared him the first time because she was just staring at him the moment he opened his eyes, she was just staring right there into his blue eyes with her big pink ones. Orin's pink tail and hair reminded Mars very much of the pink eyed woman who was fascinated by the bi-polar man. Mars let his mind wander back onto the road and where he was going because of the fact that the woman would have started to tell him information that he would need to know as far as where he was in the packlands. Mars was silent the whole time she was explaining where they were, but this did not mean he was ignoring her, in fact, he probably was listening to her too hard.

She had lead them to the wooded area, where they would maneuver on the horse through the forest and soon they would come upon the edge of a small town. Mars took in the sight of the small town and found it to look a lot more tightly knit than the Court. The Court was all spread out, and this looked more compact. Mars sort of liked it. Mars nodded his head lightly, showing that he was acknowledging that she was talking. The clip-clopping of Vox's hooves echoed in the night, making the arrival of the two pretty loud, making it easy to notice that there was another on hooves in the land, in case there had been no other horses or livestock. That reminded him that he had to go back to the Court to get things if he was accepted here, especially his goddamn black sheep. He loved that stupid sheep for no reason really. He just guessed it was because it was a gift from a pretty lady or something like that. He didn't know the reason he loved that sheep. All he knew was that he was taking that sheep with him. Mars had yet to see any round up pins or stables though so he was unsure of if there was any here. You guys have any stables, or anything to keep livestock contained? Mars asked the girl before she pointed over towards the captain's place. She also let out a long howl to officially announce that they had arrived.

Only a few moments after the girl had called out to the pack, another woman had found her way towards the two mounted beings. Mars helped Orin off of the steed's back before he, too dismounted and stood in front of the woman. He gave a deep bow to the woman and then rose himself up and looked her over once with his icy blue eyes. My name is Mars Russo. It's a pleasure to meet you..m'am.. the man spoke, almost awkwardly for a moment before he looked at Orin for a moment. He saw the smile on her face and then turned back to the other woman. Orin here was telling me of D' Arte. I'm an artist myself, so I figured that she could bring me here and perhaps if I like it enough I could join you guys.. the man spoke to the woman, his voice calm and quiet like it always was, but no shred of fear was in his voice, if anything, his voice sounded pretty confident on that level. I'm mainly a musician, but I can act, and I can sew and cook food.. he felt like he was a puppy in a window, begging for someone to take them home with them. It made him feel weird to advertise what he could do again to a new person. I brought my guitar to show...As well as a dress that I made as a gift for whoever wants it.. the man had told her before he looked at Orin and held out his ivory hand for her to give him his white painted guitar of his.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.orin {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... w/orin.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#4a0720; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.orin .header {font-size:18px; line-height:10px; font-style:bold; color:#4a0720; text-align:right;}
.orin .inner {margin:10px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... orinbg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
ORIN TAKEKURO

ooc I am in nerdlove with this thread. WC 1,009

“Hmm…” She pondered Mars’s question for a moment before shaking her head no. “I know Thornbury the best, but I don’t know of any sort of stables or anything here. There is a hunting lodge on our land that I came across once… I don’t remember seeing any, but it might have something you could use. Good news is, though, that most of the stores have been well sealed up and still have a lot of usable wood, or at least some things you could use until it warms up enough to cut and dry wood to build one out of. Not many members have pets or livestock that I know of. Shawchert or Skye might be able to tell you better.”

She trailed off when she spotted the house off in the distance. This one she knew was Skye Collins’s house, and just past the residence she could see the patch of garden that the Secondo Capitano tended even throughout the chill of winter. Somehow, Skye’s green thumb kept these plants growing despite the cold and snow. The woman explained to Orin once that it was just a matter of keeping the crops fed, warm, and the beds cleared. She admired the woman for her talent and resilience.

And as though her thoughts alone summoned the woman (never mind the fact that Vox’s hooves made a prominent clop or that Orin had called out a moment before), Skye emerged from the house before them. Orin smiled to her leader when she spotted her at the threshold, and gave a fervent wave of her hand.

“Hello Skye! You’re just the woman I was looking for,” she grinned. “This is my friend from Cour des Miracles.” The stallion had stopped his lope and Mars had made a motion indicating that he would help her down, so she paused a moment in her banter to slide her legs over Vox’s back and be lowered down with Mars’s assistance. She was so short and unskilled on horseback that it took her longer to reach the ground than a normal horseman, and her legs swung free for a moment, searching for the ground, before her foot-paws dropped into the snow. Although it was a graceless and unpracticed thing she was doing, she somehow managed to add a fluidity to it that abated her awkwardness. With a swish of her tail and wave of her arm, she silently thanked Mars for the help, and then moved out of the way so he could dismount.

Mars’s dismount was much more swift and deft than her own, and he certainly did not need any assistance in the matter. He was already off the stallion’s back by the time the Takekuro woman had turned back to her leader. Most Luperci towered over her, and she was used to it, but sometimes being around Skye who was on the shorter side as well came as a bit of a relief. She was only a couple inches shorter than her leader. She smiled and was about to explain, but Mars interjected with his measured introduction, so she stopped. She waited as her friend introduced himself, and she could not help but feel a pang of embarrassment for him – for something in the introduction seemed forced and unnatural. She wondered if he or Skye felt that way, too. Orin had never seen Mars around anyone else, but did not suspect that was the matter. Rather, she assumed her description of the pack had been alluring and that admittance into Cercatori D’Arte was important to him. And with that, she felt a surge of pride.

She was a little lost in thought and caught by surprise when Mars turned to her and held out his hands for his guitar, but luckily she had been listening and did not drop the ball. Orin’s delicate fingers quickly snatched the strap of the guitar that was slung over her shoulders and slipped the instrument off her back – careful not to touch the strings or risk detuning it. (She knew little about instruments, but she knew enough not to apply pressure to the strings when it wasn’t necessary.) She spoke to Skye as she gave the guitar back to its owner.

“I just took a short trip back to the Court to visit my brother when I ran into Mars. I was telling him about where I had been and how much I love this place; how I fit in here better than I ever did in the Court – no offense to them – and, well, I thought he would fit in well here, too. Mars is an artist also, as you can see. He plays beautifully, and he knows about fashion and costuming.” She grinned, and accidentally blurted the next part. “He could help me with the show! Or, us with the show, I mean. Imagine how much better our performances would be with beautiful costumes?” She glanced back at Mars, oblivious to the fact that she just volunteered him for a task that he had not agreed to yet. Her smile broadened at the thought, and her honey colored eyes took on a far away look as she dreamed about just how much better a pack performance could become.

She laughed and splayed her arms out wide, swaying from side to side for a moment to a tune that wasn’t there. “I want to dance dripping in fabric and gems.” Orin was certainly more talented at writing, but her tiny body seemed to have enough energy at times to power a Luperci as big as Shawchert for a week, and she loved to dance. Somehow, she always ended up dancing when Mars was around, too. Of course, for once, Orin restrained herself to the gentle swaying just to illustrate an example of what she meant, and at least did not break out into full step. After a moment her movements slowed and she paused, turning her gaze to the Russo man and stepping out of the limelight so he could demonstrate his musical talents.

[/html]
.skyecollins {width:400px;border:1px solid #1f150d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... w/skye.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:235px;background-color:#4e3521;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#1f150d;}
</style>

wc: 1213

Skye grinned at Orin as she introduced her friend from Cour des Miracles. Skye hadn't had much interaction with Cour des Miracles, and she wondered if that was her fault and if she should have gone and met their leader. She remembered from her encounter with Kaena that she had said that they were good people and were nice to Inferni. She also wondered if they didn't take a certain species, but decided against it; Mars was clearly a wolf-mix, and if they didn't take coyotes, Kaena would have hardly spoken highly of them. She trained her eyes on the black and white man and waited for him to speak.

Skye smiled as the man stepped off the horse and gave her a deep bow. He seemed quite well-mannered, and she suddenly realized she was hoping that he would join the pack. He seemed skilled in riding his horse, and his pack suggested other talents as well. Perhaps he could give her tips on how to handle Jack and how to get him to respect her instead of bucking her off him and riding away? She listened as he introduced himself as Mars Russo. What a curious name - the first part was the name of a planet, and she recognized it as Roman. The last part? She wasn't sure, but it wasn't also Roman. She supposed it was no stranger than her own name, but she liked it all the same. It ran off the tongue. The poor man looked a bit nervous, however; he looked back at Orin who gave him a reassuring smile before turning back to Skye. She listened as the man made more of his entrance.

So Orin had told him about their little pack! She flashed a grin at the white and pink woman, glad that she had advertised their pack. It was a little low on numbers compared to the others, and Skye always liked it when a new face came and joined them; it was like a little new future, a little bit of the whole that made up the pack of Cercatori d'Arte. A little piece of the family that was coming to them and made their future a little brighter, a little better, a little bit more. Mars went on.

He was an artist...a musician...who acted and sewed? And cooked food as well? Skye marveled at the skills this man possessed and went over them one by one in her mind. A musician was always welcome; it seemed that Cercatori d'Arte was doing a lot of musical parties these days, starting with the bonfire Orin had started and continuing to the party in Cour des Miracles that Annan and Shawchert had started together. A musician would always have a place in the pack. And an actor...she had never met an actor, but they seemed to have deft skills in hiding their true person and becoming someone else entirely. She hoped that there would be more - if he enjoyed it, and others did, too, they could do a play together.

Sewing...sewing was good. Skye looked down briefly at her own tattered clothes and realized that someone who knew how to sew and thread things together with clothes would help tremendously, starting by teaching others how to sew. She wondered if Mars would help teach her how to sew and realized that that was the second thing she wanted him to teach her before she had even given her name.

And a guitar and a dress. Was there anything this mysterious man couldn't do? She looked at the guitar, which was beautifully painted white and looked somehow antique and new, as though it decided to be everything at once, and timeless. She remembered her meeting with Pixie and the guitar that she'd been playing and smiled. If this man could play the guitar as well as do all those other things, there was no doubt that he had already earned a place in their ranks.

Before she could say a word, Orin began to talk. Orin liked to talk, she had observed, but she seemed particularly excited about this man. She wondered if she had a crush on him and mentally gave a giggle. She then listened intently on what the white and pink tipped woman had to say. Apparently she had been to the court to visit her brother. Skye remembered from her fun meeting with Orin in the garden that she had a brother in the court, and wondered if she had seen him or said hi. But before she could say anything or wonder further, Orin was speaking more - highly of her little pack. Skye's chest swelled at the compliments to her pride and her home that she had helped create with Shawchert; that she loved it here, that she belonged here. Skye felt the exact same way about the little but growing pack that she'd had lent a paw in creating, and couldn't help but feel a giant swoop of pride.

Orin went on to say that Mars was a good artist - Skye could see that from looking at the man. He had the creative spark in his eye that almost all the Cercatori d'Arte members had, had the hands that suggested that he was a creator, a maker, something more than just a passerby in life. All of them were. Orin went on to say that he could be of use in the performances, and Skye had to smile. Orin talked a lot and was excited, and Skye admired that; but now, as the white and pink woman was silent, it was Skye's turn to have a few words.

She turned to Mars first. "I'm Skye, as I'm sure you heard from Orin just now," she began, deciding that introducing herself would be the first thing she should do. "And I'm the co-leader of Cercatori d'Arte." Now, she was going to accept the black and white man into the ranks - with the display she'd seen, how could she not? While other joiners were unsure of their talents or just jittery, Mars was confident of his many abilities and held himself strongly. "You can relax," she assured him, sensing the forcedness of his introductions. "I think you would be an astounding addition to the pack of Cercatori d'Arte. Welcome!" She grinned at him and Orin both, then looked back at Mars. "Although I know you have a great many talents, what rank would you like? Our ranks are based on the talents our members hold. Orin is a writer. What rank do you want to take?" she asked curiously.

Skye understood that although a member could have many talents, usually they preferred one or two. And usually one could be held from the rest in light, shining in brightness in that that was what they loved to do. Skye herself loved to write, and although she didn't have a normal rank in the pack, she loved to do it. She wouldn't trade her pencil and pad for the world, and she wouldn't trade her books, either. She waited for Mars's answer.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc: So i take it that i can request that Mars be changed to cda right? SSWM wc: 522

Orin told him how there wasn't really a place for livestock, which had made Mars fret slightly since he knew that his sheep was a little bit more wild than Vox as far as temperament went and it would be easier for it to be in a gated area rather than just out in the open. Mars figured that he would have to find a way to get someone to help him build a fence for his pets. You know anyone who would be able to build a fence or something to keep livestock in? Mars asked the woman, wondering if she knew of anyone that would be able to do so since he was not the best of woodworkers. He actually failed pretty hard at doing woodwork. He got two personalities and both of them sucked at that part of life apparently.

When the other woman came up, Orin called to her, her name being Skye. Mars was familiar with her name because of the woman by the name of Pixie Frost. Skye Collins he believed he remembered. Mars did not let the woman know that he knew her name simply because it would be slightly weird and also he would have to go into the whole explanation of how he knew. He didn't feel like going through all of that so he said nothing. He let Orin go on with her musings though, for she had some good ideas, and Mars was happy to do what she was volunteering him for. When Orin gave him the guitar, he took it with gentle hands and he had immediately started to strum on the guitar. He strummed an original piece that he made awhile back, it was a simple melody that was fitting for the night, quiet, and elegant. It was different from the one that he had been playing the day he met Orin, but it did not lack in skill at all, rather it was more complicated than it looked. I would be glad to help with the costumes. Have ya' figured out what script you are doing? the man asked the two writers.

The pale woman finally spoke to Mars, introducing herself yet again and then telling him a few other things including telling him to relax, and tense shoulders would respond by relaxing slightly. He then let his ice eyes look to the pink and white woman, and a small smile hugged his face as Skye told him that he would be accepted with no doubt. Mars let his eyes move back to her and he nodded his head. Skye then asked him what rank he would be taking since he knew several things. Mars knew what he would be doing, it literally took him no time to even think about it. Musician. he simply said, a coy smile falling on his lips as he gave another short bow to the woman. Thank you for the warm welcome. the man spoke to the woman. Does D' Arte have any stables, Lady Skye? he found this to be particularly important so he could know what he needed to do next.

[/html]
I'll just post this now, and we can still RP this thread if you'd like :3 I'll get you titled up!
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>
ORIN TAKEKURO

ooc I am sooooo sorry for my delayed reply. Had a few things pile up over the last few days! wc 661

Orin was taken by the melody as Mars began strumming on his white-faced guitar. Her wide grin turned into a contented smile, and the typically vociferous woman was finally silent. She was keeping time with Mars as he plucked at the strings, the evidence of which showed in her tapping foot and the swaying of her tail. Orin had a tenancy to follow the music in some little way every time she heard it, and was showing a slight increase in her ability to follow the beat and keep time – though a musician she would never be. She preferred music when it was played by someone else so she could twist and move to the music... she very much enjoyed dancing. Though this time she did not break out into another number.

Her eyes glanced between the duo-tone Russo man and Cercatori's second in command, and she looked positive and hopeful. It did not take long for Skye to recognize Mars as a man of many talents, though, and voice his acceptance into the pack. At the words, Orin squealed with delight and hopped happily, her hands flying to her mouth and her eyes brightening with glee.

“Oh my god! I knew it, I knew they'd love you here, Mars!” Careful not to crush the guitar, she threw her arms around the man's shoulders in a tight, joyous embrace before turning to Skye and doing the same. “Thank you, Skye! You are a woman with a keen eye for talent.”

Orin continued to grin and nodded proudly when Mars stated his desired rank. Musician. It was a beautiful thing for him to have the freedom to choose the path he would walk, while still being allowed to train in other facets of art as well, and Orin was proud that she had helped make this moment happen for the man. Finding Cercatori D'Arte had been like being high-fived by the hand of fate.

Then, suddenly, Mars asked the question about what show Orin wanted to do, and could she have through her fur she would have. She was quiet for a moment as she shook her head sheepishly. She had told the Russo man about wanting to put on a play months ago, but since then had done little to plan for it. Really she had no idea it was ever going to happen, and then had gotten so wrapped up in settling into her new life that she had not done any more plotting. When she first arrived in Cercatori during it's founding there were not enough Luperci to put on a play production, though she and Shawchert had discussed the possibility of a performance troupe.

“I haven't decided yet,” she muttered, a little timidly. “Honestly, I got a little sidetracked with all of this. But I should start thinking about that now.” Her eyes flicked to Skye. “Hey, maybe that's something we can all do together? And,” she glanced back to Mars, “I'm so happy that you'll be helping with the costumes! Oh, you've got to meet Bangle. He's my neighbor. You might just get a kick out of the things he sells... you two might hit it off, he can probably supply you with some tools and materials.”

Her eyes suddenly widened when Mars mentioned something to Skye about stables. An 'oh yeah' expression crossed her visage for a moment. “I almost forgot about that. I didn't know about any stables,” she said to Skye. “And if not, who is a good carpenter who might help build a fence?” Looking back to Mars she added, “I've done a little carpentry myself with the lighthouse back in the Court, and some repairs on my bookstore here. But I'm not sure I would be too much help... Or maybe I'd be perfect if you want something that looks like a Picasso painting or something!” The tiny woman broke into laughter.

[/html]
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8D5122;}
</style>

sorry for delay and short post... D: wc:342

Skye grinned as Orin threw her arms around the man that was now part of the pack and told him that she knew they'd love him. She assumed that by 'they', she meant the leaders of the pack. And that meant Skye. She liked Orin; she was very enthusiastic, always looking on the bright side. And very, very, very...excitable. But that was a good thing, Skye decided; it told her that Orin was the kind of girl who wouldn't give up on her pack, and would stick with them through thick and thin. It also told her that, considering the speech she had given on how much she felt like she belonged in Cercatori d'Arte, she loved her pack, and Skye was glad that she did. She wanted her members to feel like they belonged in the pack; not like they were being forced in a place they didn't belong.

Skye hugged the girl back as she hugged her, saying that she had an eye for talent. Maybe she did, or maybe she was just happy that Cercatori d'Arte was slowly gaining lots of members - they were easily as large as some of the other packs, she reflected happily. She kept her eyes on the white and pink-highlighted girl as they pulled apart from their hug.

Skye then turned to Mars Russo as he spoke, and asked a question that made Skye draw her brows together in a mixture of confusion and frustration. "Not right now," she said, remembering Jack in her living room as he was currently eating more of the apples that Skye had brought home. She had been meaning to ask Shawchert to help her make some stables, but she wasn't sure when he would have time - she gestured to the wide array of houses and stores around them. "If you'd like," she said, "you can keep your horse in one of those houses or shops - they're big enough for him. At least until we build a proper stable."

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc: i'm going to close this thread after my post. It needs to be gone by now. SSWMWC: 740

The ivory woman had thrown her hands around the man when Skye had accepted the man into the pack. Due to quick thinking, Mars had stopped playing the guitar and pushed it out of the way so that the two could have a proper hug. The tri-colored man had given the woman a warm, deep embrace that would end when she would pull away, but for a quick hug like it was, it had been a good one, as best as he could give a hug(and trust me, Mars knew how to give a hug) and once he was free from her embrace, he had looked to the other woman and her copper and beige furred body. He would remember her for later reference, for she was his co-leader and it would be bad to not recognize her. When Mars had asked the question about the script, he got a long winded response from his friend that had told him that she had not thought about it and that they should think about it now, and how she was so goddamn excited about him working on costumes. She also told him about some neighbor of hers, named Bangle. Mar figured he needed to meet a lot of people, but apparently, Mars just had to meet Bangle, according to Orin. Mars nodded his head. I will eventually. And I don't have any big ideas on a script so far, but once I figure something out, I'll definitely tell you, Orin. the man stated to her easily, an actor's smile on his lips as he had pushed the guitar back in front of him and he had started to let his fingers play with the strings once more, giving the air a song, one that was fitting for the night of new beginnings.

When the man had asked about the stables, he had gotten the answer of 'no'. So they didn't have any stables, and that's what Mars needed. Skye would tell him that there were plenty big and open stores that the livestock could be, which Mars figured would have to be the solution to his problem of not only Vox, but also Axel, his black sheep. Orin had told the man that she could help him make a fence, even though it probably wouldn't look good. Mars figured he'd be able to find someone else to help him, and if she insisted, then she could do the small shit. I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna need a fence soon though, I have a sheep as well as my horse. he informed both Skye and Orin that he had recently gotten a sheep to add to his collection of things. He didn't bring Axel tonight because he couldn't. It'd be a waste of a trip if he had brought Axel. Mars didn't want to drag the sheep there just to bring him back. So he simply didn't. I'll find someone to help. I'm sure someone in the pack should be good at wood-work.. Mars spoke, shrugging his shoulders again before he looked from one woman to the other. I'm going to go claim a house then so I can get all set up. the man had spoken to the two ladies. Come with me if you please, Orin, Skye. I'd be glad to have some company. the man would speak to the two women, seeing if either one wanted to accompany him to wherever he was planning on going to. He would then wave and hug the ones who left his presence and then he would be on the hunt to find a good place to stay.

It'd only take him a few minutes of walking around Thornbury for him to decide that the best place for him to be would be right next to his friend, Orin. He'd then claim his house by urinating on the sides of the building and then he went in and started to make himself comfortable for the night. Later he'd take care of other things that he needed to. He would be in a brand new pack tomorrow when he woke up. He'd only hope that Bartholomew didn't flip a shit when he woke up because of the unfamiliarity of absolutely everything around him. It there was anything Bartholomew hated, it was change, and the change of location always sent the man into a little hissy fit. Please Bartholomew, grow the fuck up.

FIN

[/html]