Character Name: Ayasha
Character Birthdate: November 1, 2010
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
Species: Artic Wolf
Desired Profession path: Medicine
A secondary form of contact: None
Currently played characters: First
How you found ‘Souls: Google Directory
Initial Post: It had been a tough couple of weeks for Ayasha. The young puppy was at the border of a distant territory. As her now dead mother had just weaned her, she was hungry. She was smaller than she normally was, which was small to begin with. She was born prematurely and was the only surviving member of her litter. Her mother had nearly died and the disease that ravaged her pack nearly killed her. The two of them had left 11 days ago to go to Nova Scotia. Her mother had died three days ago from a bear attack.
So here was little Ayasha at the border of what she would soon find to be AniWaya. Her mother had told her about this place and how nice it was. She didn’t know if her mother had been there or not but believed her. Although she was used to the cold, her being hungry made her unable to keep warm. She shivered. She hoped that someone would be by soon. She knew from her mother that she couldn’t just go into claimed territory without permission. She whimpered and shivered.
[html]

WC: 401
Hi there, welcome to 'Souls! I assume your character is light-furred since she's an arctic wolf, because I couldn't find any information on her appearance in her profile. It would be a good idea to add some information on her appearance there, so people know what to write when they meet her Smile

Dawali and Belle patrolled the borders regularly. The mare was a comfort when the weather was cold, sharing her warmth with him as they traveled together along known paths. They were well trodden, but hidden now under the snow. It didn't matter, for it was Dawali's paws, among others, that had been creating them for two years now, and he knew where they were without looking. Aside for the weather, sometimes, patrolling was a rather comfortable thing to do now that he had taken to bringing Belle along. Rarely did anything happen, and when it did it was almost always something good. Even though he did not expect anything this day, his ears and eyes were open, and when the scent of a stranger (a young stranger!) reached his nostrils through the winter weather, Dawali found himself surprised, and alerted. Scents gave away much information, and he knew with certainty that this one, whoever it was, was a child. Every paternal fiber in him roared and he kicked the mare into a more efficient trot, following the scent to find its owner as soon as possible.

Soon enough he was much closer to the border, and spying across the snow-covered field for anyone's presence. Slowly, he spotted tracks, and he jumped off the mare's back and over the fence that marked their borders to reach them. When he finally spotted her, he wasted no time. The girl was white-pelted; no wonder he hadn't seen her easily. His own warm colors were in stark contrast to the white substance, but she blended in with her small size and her fur color. "Poor child!" he exclaimed. He wanted to lift her, but did no such thing; she was a child, but she still might not appreciate it. Where was her family? Why was she here all alone at such a young age? Did she even eat meat at all? "What's happened?" he said urgently, before a thought struck him and he continued. "Wait a second, I'll be right back." Jogging over to Belle, he tore the blanket he kept over her back off of her and carried it with him over to the child, quickly laying it over her in hopes that it might help with the cold. Such young children were meant to enjoy the warmth of their parents' bodies during this season. They would have no chance to bear it alone.
[/html]
OOC: I'll get to it in a few minutes. And she's white and tiny.
She didn't know how long she had been waiting. It could have been minutes or hours. But eventually a nice male wolf came over with a mare. She wanted to reply to his question but was way to cold to do so. When he came back with a blanket, she gave him a weak smile. She let herself warm up before she said anything.

After a few minutes she spoke, "My name is Ayasha. Mommy killed by bear three days ago. Not eaten since." She frowned. "I two months old." She looked up at him. "What your name?"
[html]

WC: 365
Great! Big Grin Just a note; we have a standard about length here, and your last post wasn't quite long enough. Our length standard is somewhat fluid; you can either think of it as two sizeable paragraphs, often above 200 words, or as matching your co-posters length. More often than not, we use that last principle, however we have a contest running this month on being able to write 50 000 words within the end of January, so we're all writing a bit more than usual. You don't have to match my length of posts right now, but you should write longer than your last post Smile If you have any problems with how to make your post longer, you can have a look right here, for our RP-guide's section on post length Smile

She didn't respond to his questions, but he remained with her and waited anxiously for her to speak. She smiled, however, and he thought that if she was seriously weakened, she would not have done so. He had, after all, in his long life as a medic, seen many injured and weakened wolves. He knew how they worked - or rather, didn't work. Thinking of all kinds of scenarios, the male studied her as much as he could without being rude and poking her everywhere. He could see no blood in the snow around her, nor in her tracks, and assumed that except for the cold, she was relatively unharmed. His mind went through various remedies he could use in case she had other injuries that were possible for a lost child her age to get, as well as teas and wraps to help her with the cold. Eventually, though, it seemed as if she thawed somewhat, and spoke. The words were not many, but more than sufficient. Three days? And she was still alive? In this weather, too; Dawali easily considered her quite lucky. There were adult wolves out there who had about the same experience as this pup who would not have done so, he was certain. His heart stung when he realized the similarities between the poor pup's name and his own daughter's. The old man missed his family dearly, a fact he did not hide well and which any stranger could see pouring out of him where he sat with this poor frozen child. "Ayasha, would you like me to pick you up and take you somewhere where you can rest and eat?" There was no question on whether the child would be allowed in among them; she would surely die if not. "I'm Dawali," he said, hesitating a moment before continuing. "I am the Chief of a tribe that lives around here. You will be safe there, I promise." From bears, too. Another one taken by a bear; was it the same one? Certainly, their numbers must have grown for them to be up and going still. Only in periods where there was not enough food would they not hibernate.

[/html]
She noticed him studying her and figured that he was making sure she was fine. Which she was. She was just cold and hungry. She had been weaned when her mother died and so hadn't had any meat yet. She noticed that he was upset about hearing her name. "What's wrong?" She asked innocently. When he asked if she would like to be picked up, she nodded vigorously. She figured that being by him would help warm her up. When he said his name, she repeated it slowly, "Dawali." She perked up about food and sleep. "Yes. I hungry and cold and tired." She was worried she would be left alone again. She asked fearfully, "You no leave me?"

Ayasha looked at his horse and as if seeing it for the first time, said, "Horsie!" She looked up at him hopefully. "We ride horsie?" Though she remembered something. "I just weaned. What I eat?" She had no idea what she would be able to eat. But she liked the sound of being safe. "No bears?" she asked slightly frightened. Her experience with bears was rather scary. Her mother had died to allow her to escape. She had tears in her eyes. "I miss mommy."
[html]

WC: 365
Much better! Smile As another note, a 2 month old puppy in this universe is equal to a 5 year old child. It is likely that the puppy would be able to speak more complicated/complete sentences than what you are playing it out as (also it's cold and she's tired, so it's perfectly valid), but naturally there could be in-character reasons for why you are playing her like this. I just wanted to point out that as you play this growing puppy, this age chart we have developed may be helpful to determine on which approximate mental development level your character finds herself at different times Smile

He had forgotten how easily children could read adults. It was a special kind of talent they kept as young children, he had always believed, perhaps because in the beginning they used only body language to communicate, before words became available to them. Slowly, he knew, the sensitivity to body language faded to the words, but when he had been a more active father, before his daughters had grown up completely, he had been much better at adjusting his body language and not revealing all sorts of things. "Oh, nothing Ayasha. Your name is just very beautiful," he said. It wasn't a lie at all; her name was beautiful. Hoping it put a lid on her questions on his reaction, he said nothing more and instead scooped her up in his arms when she nodded to his question, immediately wrapping the blanket around her better, so it covered everything but her face. She didn't feel cold, but not particularly warm either, and children her age usually felt warmer than this. If they were small enough, their bodies were like little fires against one's furs, and while this one wasn't quite so young, she should still be warmer; there was no doubt about it. He moved toward the horse immediately, thinking of the comforts of a hut compared to this snowy outside, and that she needed food as well. The faster they got to the village, the sooner they could eliminate the chance of the poor girl becoming sick.

He chuckled warmly as she noticed the horse, so momentarily perky; it seemed as if she had forgotten for a moment the misery she was in, in such contrast stood this reaction to her state just minutes ago. "Yeah, her name is Belle. We'll ride her to the village where there are other wolves and fires and food. We can try some different things, I have meat, or fish for you, if you want." He smiled at her, discovering all over again how tiny creatures pups could be. She was small, even for the age he estimated her at. "Yeah, no bears Ayasha. I can promise you this." He was silent for a moment while making Belle ready; it was somewhat difficult to get on her while holding the child. But, despite his old age, with a little help from the fence, he managed to get across the back of the mare, noticing just then the small tears on the child's face. There was little he could do, and so he hesitated for a short moment before he put one hand on her head. "I know, Ayasha. I know." He had never lost a parent, but he had lost his mate. Some things could never be repaired, and the male found nothing else to say. Giving a softly spoken signal to the mare, the three started moving in the direction of the village at a steady trot. And then there would be safety.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.