you've got bones in your closet [p]
[html]
for Jazper, in Halifax, set on Christmas. 500 words. :3

It had felt like forever since Ezra had gone out on his own. As much as he loved being with Ever, building the house in the bitter cold was stressful. They always returned back to his den at night beaten, broken, and exhausted, and no matter how much work they put into it, the house never seemed to get done. It would have been easier to just occupy a preexisting house somewhere on the shore, but Ever wanted to be right on the beach. It would be so tranquil and sweet, almost something that Ezra didn’t deserve.

Ezra had taken off early in the morning to find new material. Even though his bones ached from the exhaustion of working dawn to dusk, he found it in himself to make a trip to the big city. Ezra had been there once before and discovered planes. Though the boy knew nothing of their old purpose, the discovery was a catalyst for Ezra. He found himself thinking about human life incessantly. He was building a house for god’s sake. The crisp morning air chilled the boy the second he broke out in a run, but ignored the cold. The secui-formed male leapt over branch after branch as he made his way to the city.

After what felt like a good hour or two of running, he found himself at the edge of town. The houses were becoming closer together, and the streets were starting to widen. Ezra had no idea how to start, or where to go. He also didn’t want to get lost in the suburban sprawl so he chose to stick to one street that lead back to his home at the Court. The boy plodded down the street, dragging his heavy paws as he went. The houses were all in various stages of disarray; some had their roofs cave in, others just had broken windows. Ezra kept walking down blocks until he found a house tucked away on a side street that still looked fairly decent. It was an abandoned Tudor which only had broken windows and a door off its hinge. Ezra, needing a rest, saw it and slinked past the door.

Inside was fairly normal. Dust was everywhere, and his ebony paws left dustprints as he walked through the house. The boy had never been so close to human civilization before. Pictures were on a bookcase in front of him, of what seemed to be a couple and a small child. There were several of them still neatly arranged on the bookshelf. Curious, the boy walked over to the shelf. He wanted a better look and jumped on one of the shelves, which held his weight for a mere second before collapsing and falling, breaking into a bunch of pieces. Shocked, Ezra lept back, snorting. What the hell was he even doing? He had no reason to be here. Ever needed human supplies, but Ezra had no idea what those even were. This was going to be difficult.

<style>
.ezratable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.ezratable-01 b {color:#dcdbb0;}
.ezratable-01 {background-color:#5f5a3b; border:2px solid #fefefe; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#141B21; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Uber schmexy table by anna <33
[html]

WC:401

Today was Christmas. A couple of days ago he had been stranded in bed with no hope of moving anywhere. Today he was in Halifax limping along and grunting with very step. Amata had been giving him herbs to keep him from feeling too much pain but a long trip to Halifax left his chest pounding. In order to control his pain Jazper had brought along his flask and continued to drink , numbing the pain. It was important to the Knight that he make it to Halifax for today, for today many years ago families would be gathering to greet each other and give gifts. He wanted to get Ghita something special, something she could wear to remember his affections to her. Although, if she could see him right now he probably would have knocked him down and beat his muzzle in herself.

Hobbling along on two legs he eventually found a promising looking street with a good amount of various houses all looking broken down. In these cases he preferred to keep walking until he found a half decent looking house. Waddling down the street, half drunk and half in pain he began grumbling. Maybe this was a bad idea. It was just then that a house, tucked to the side with only broken windows and a door missing in action. Slowly he made his way to the door, another wolves scent becoming stronger as he entered the doorway.

“Hello?” He called softly, mind wondering who could be here. If it was a violent wolf he was probably screwed as his condition didn't permit many fast movements. He Could probably scare the creature off if he stood tall enough without falling over but as it was right now he already needed a place to sit. Shifting into the living room he was just in time to see a wolf-dog hybrid of average size crumble to the floor along with the shelf he had attempted to stand on. “You'll kill yourself doing that.” He chuckled as he took a seat, scowling in discomfort as he lowered himself into the chair. If this dog was going to attack him, so be it. At this point Jazper was feeling to nauseous from the pain and alcohol to give a shit. “I'm Jazper. I'm from Crimson Dreams.” It was a simple introduction but it would have to do for now.

[/html]
[html]

i should nooooooooot be up right now. x____x. words: 417

He came to the conclusion this was a bad idea after the furniture nearly fell on him. It was stupid, he realized, to not bring anyone else with him on this excursion for extra help. It would be nearly impossible to carry a heavy object back to his new home. Ever should have come with him. It was too late now, though. The scar on his shoulder throbbed as the wolfdog took the piece of wood that hit him and threw it into the corner. He scowled, but momentarily forgot his pain as another being came into the house and nearly scared the life out of him.

“Who are you?” Ezra barked impatiently, irritated by the stranger’s frankness. The boy didn’t like being caught off guard, especially in a situation where he was hurt. The stranger didn’t seem dangerous, though. The black male didn’t give Ezra a bad vibe like Ouija did. He seemed just as confused as Ezra was, as he wasn’t expecting to see anyone today. But then, the male introduced himself, and the Comte finally let go of the growing tension budding and lining his stomach.

Ezra had to let it go. If he wanted to meet any new people for once or make any friends he was going to have to forget about the attack. The boy was sure that not everyone took attacks this seriously or this personally. But there was still that clinging hope that he wasn’t the only one who was hurting. His whole life got taken away. He was forced to do a lot of things Ezra didn’t do. He would have preferred to be blissfully unaware of the chaos of the luperci. It wasn’t his style, but now he had no choice but to embrace it. For his own sanity and Ever’s.

Ezra turned around, and kept shoving dusty objects around on the floor to make way for his large body. “Sorry about that, I’m a bit … jumpy around new people I’m afraid,” He said as a sort of peace-making with this new acquaintance. “Never met anyone from Crimson Dreams before. I’m Ezra, from the Court,” The boy finally got a good look at Jazper. He was clearly in pain, and looked not all there. The mutt sighed, trying to figure out something to say. Conversation was never his strong point in awkward situations, despite the fact that his company seemed pretty harmless. “You… alright?” Ezra asked carefully, trying his best to avoid touching any potentially awkward interactions.

<style>
.ezradark-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.ezradark p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.ezradark b {color:#607d14; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ezradark {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#24231f; background-image:url(http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6749/souls59.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 246px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#c5bca3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Table by Fae! <333
[html]

WC:565

It wasn't every day you met a new stranger in Halifax. Although the Knight knew for a fact that there had to be many more loners out there than he had met they had a tendency to stick to themselves and avoid all contact with pack wolves, note the loners title. Jazper simply could never be a loner, he had been raised with his parents around him and then raised more in the comfort of the pack life. It was more enjoyable to live with others around. It would be awful to not have anyone around when you needed help, plus food was always plentiful since they could easily take down bigger prey. Loners were just...odd. Crimson Dreams was his home, always had been, and it was just strange to think that wolves would not want to be surrounded by others of their kind, it was part of their nature to be social creatures. Wolves had lived in packs as far back as recorded history could go.

Looking at the loner a glare grew in his eyes as he was snapped at. Even after his introduction the hybrid only calmed down a little. Being of abnormal size the warrior was not use to others disrespecting him. Standing at 8”3 and being of a large build strange canines first reaction tended to be one of a cautious mind. In his current state though he supposed he shouldn't expect to have the same intimidation factor. Perhaps if he was in his halfling form...Never the less he let the loners abrupt anger go in one ear and out the other as he began to calm down, regardless of the tension still being obvious in the males posture.

Listening to who he had thought was a loner the ebony wolf was more than surprised to hear that this dog hybrid was in fact from Cour des Miracle. “Ah!” Jazper exclaimed with a happily surprised expression on his face, “Haven and Princess once lived over in Crimson Dreams. I've known Haven's mother since I was a little pup myself.” He explained lightly. “I've also met Anann and your king.” Listing off the members Jazper hoped to make the male before him feel more at ease. Obviously he wasn't a very sociable animal.

The carefully asked question pleased the Knight, perhaps he was sociable after all! “You'd be in rough shape if you fought a bear too.” Jazper explained with a short chuckle. “My mate's sister, who is also our alpha, got attacked by a bear in our territory. She and the bear got away a little better off than I did.” Sighing he wished the wound would heal up already, “Truth is I wish I would have healed fast so I could play with my pups without worrying about them opening up the cuts.” The three little ones certainly would never forgive themselves if they made his injuries worse and he wouldn't be able to forgive himself for being so fragile that a little pup could cause him severe pain. “So, you got a name stranger?" It was always nice to have a name for a face, “And would you care for some help? Did you want to look at those pictures?” At his height he could easily reach the photo's, or anything else a human could have reached for that matter.

[/html]
[html]

sosuwrimo: 517 words.
I guess Ezra will just pretend Jazper didn’t hear him when he said his name before :p

Ezra’s newfound impatience with strangers was definitely a habit he needed to grow out of. Most people in this area were good, friendly creatures that were always willing to help out a stranger in need but recently Ezra had forgotten that. His situation was abnormal, a freak event that caused Ezra tremendous pain. His shoulder and neck had healed fully now, but he still couldn’t help but have a rush of anger every time he looked over to his right side. It wasn’t a healthy mentality to have, he knew. He was still uncomfortable around this new stranger, despite his friendly disposition. He had to be wary against anyone he didn’t know well. It was just his nature and he couldn’t help it. Maybe someday he would forget it, but for now, his unfriendliness was here to stay.

The startlingly big stranger in front of him started listing off a lot of his packmates, and Ezra was suddenly overflowing with embarrassment. Ezra only knew these specific packmates by name, except for when the black male mentioned king Vigilante. This didn’t help his irritation that Ezra knew virtually no one in his area. “Yes, all of them live in the Court with me, though I haven’t met many of them,” he said quietly, still irritated with himself and his lack of knowledge about his home. “I don’t really know that many people in the Court, I’m afraid. I got involved with a girl, and, well, she takes up all my time now.” he said that happily, almost joking. Ezra could still feel the tension between them, but was doing his best to get rid of it. It was clear Jazper wasn’t going to hurt him, he was only looking to help

Ezra listened intently to the strangers story about the bear. “I’m sorry to hear that. I got into a fight recently as well,” he motioned to the long, claw-shaped scar on his shoulder. “Apparently it was either, convert to being a werewolf or die, talk about segregation,” he said, trying his best to hide his anger. “I’m sure your pups will understand. How many do you have?” Ezra didn’t want to talk about puppies of any sort, mostly because the idea of him and Ever having pups was definitely a topic Ezra has tried to avoid for a long time now. It’s not that he didn’t want them, but the idea still freaked him out. He didn’t think he was ready to be a father. Maybe sometime later, but definitely not now. Perhaps talking to Vigilante would help his nerves, or even this stranger maybe.

“I’m Ezra,” he said again, assuming the other male didn’t hear him before, or simply forgot when he mentioned the Court. “My mate and I are building a house so I’ve been looking for supplies, but those pictures caught my eye. I was curious to see what a human family looked like.” The male sighed, ignoring the throbbing pain in his shoulder. Maybe this male would be a benefit to him somehow, even if it was just for a friendly chat.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #4a4f52; margin:0 auto;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]