Just A Little Under The Weather
[html]
Is it okay to predate to Dec 23rd?

WC:352

Today Jazper laid once again exhausted and bed ridden from the recently received wound in his chest. He had seen Ehno moping about looking roughed up earlier but at least he could move. For the past three days the warrior had been under Amata’s care and she insisted he stay in bed. As he yawned the ebony giant grimaced and whined from the pain. Breathing had been an interesting task due to the damage and he had been reduced to taking short, quick breathes. However, he wasn’t entirely put out, after all his family was safe.

Leaning back on a feather stuffed pillow he pulled up the pelts that were keeping him warm with a shiver. His room contained a fireplace but he was unable to tend to a fire by himself in this condition so the pelts would have to do. He had often thought in the past that he could take a hit from any wolf and walk around hours later, but a bear was slightly different. A wolves claws where much smaller and contained far less force than that of a fully grown bear. Jazper had been lucky that he had made it back to the manor and had such good medics in his very own home.

It was now more than ever that the warrior was thankful for Deuce, not for taking him in, but for teaching him how to read. On the small table beside his bed Ghita had placed a few books to give him something to do in his now abundant free time. Last night he had picked up a children’s story book about a thing called Christmas. He had heard about the holiday awhile ago when he was reading up on human traditions. It would be wonderful to have a traditional human christmas with a tree and presents but here he was stuck in bed. Picking up the christmas book he opened it up to a picture of a family, presents under the tree, fire burning in the fireplace. “Well. Merry Christmas to me.” He sighed quickly scowling from the pain in his chest.

<style type="text/css">
.jazzytab2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#8a2001; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.jazzytab2ooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#000;}
.jazzytab2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jazzytab2 {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#dcdedb; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... zytab2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 347 OOC: well I hope I’m doing alright hahaha Smile still getting into this character <3 ty for starting !! <3

Things were a bit busy for the young Sadira woman right after the whole bear incident. It seemed there had been lots of misunderstandings, so a few of her family had gotten in a fight with a grizzly, who seemed to be minding her business… well from the information she got from Denali, she was just a deformed wolf looking to play with him. She wasn’t sure of all the details, but she wasn’t going to fight with anyone, she treated those that needed it first and also took care of the bear with some helf from her packmates.

Today was another day, and she had only one patient to visit, her sister had helped her with the other’s wounds. Giving a knock on Jazper’s door she opened it to see her Uncle in bed as she told him, a feet that she was sure he should be proud of, since she knew he was always out and about. She smiled at him.

Good Morning Jazper, A bit chilly in here don’t you think?

She asked, moving to the fireplace first, putting logs in and lit the fireplace for him, to get the room warmed up. It wouldn’t do well for Jazper to get sick along with his injuries, once that was done she came over to the black, bedridden male, and smiled at him warmly.

How have you been feeling? A lot of pain?

She asked, wanting to make sure he was comfortable, she did have some herbs that would help ease his pain, but she wanted to make sure it was there. Though as stubborn as men came they would say it didn’t hurt at all. She had her small medicine bag set on the floor now and she went through to get some bandages that were for the torn chest, he still needed his bandages changed and his wound clean. As nice of a bear as Malachi was, bears carried unknown deseases and it was best to keep such a wound as clean as possible. She continued to get ready waiting for his answer.

<style type="text/css">
.amatatable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#84B755; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.amatatable1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.amatatable1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.amatatable1 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... amatat.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AAA299; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#CBBDA6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.amatatable1-line1 {width:436px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D7D3D0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Not a problem! You're doing great!

WC:535

Laying there he shut the Christmas book and laid it across his lap absentmindedly. Golden eyes stared across the room toward the large window, he knew it was white outside and that the sky way gray and dull, but there was nothing he wanted more then to take his pups outside to play in the snow and just enjoy their day. Ghita had been trying to keep the pups away during the daytime to give the warrior time to rest in peace but also to save some of Jazper's pride. He hadn't said anything to his loving mate but he was sure she knew how he was feeling.

Inside his heart was almost as scared as his body. Here he was laying around in bed, whimpering at every small pain, when he should be out there doing boarder patrols and scaring off the bad guys to keep his pups and family safe. He was a Knight for crying out loud, a protector and provider. Yet, a single swipe from a bear had brought him down and left him unable to do either of those two things. He couldn't even play with his kids. Even though Ghita had been taking them away he could see on their faces that daddy wasn't invincible anymore and that above all killed him inside because in his mind his pups were his world, and they no longer saw him in the light they had once before.

The knocking on the door broke him from his thought and he quickly lifted up the book to cover up his violent glare at the windows. He nodded to his niece as she entered, “A little.” Truth was he was close to freezing. The fire was one thing he always had going as his room had a tendency to get chilly. However with the injury he simply couldn't be moving around. Watching her fix the fire a small smile graced his lips, “Thank you Amata. I would do it myself but doctors orders are doctors orders.” Chuckling lightly at his own joke his face turned to a frown finding the pain launch through his chest again.

At his caretakers question he considered for a moment then answered, “Well, I'm not on the floor, and she missed my heart,” If she had slashed from the other direction it was very likely he would have bled to death, “so better yes, considering. I have to breath little breaths though. If I take in too much air it causes a lot of pain.” The pain was really his only problem. As soon as the pain was gone he could be out playing with the pups again. “How have you been?” He asked, yellow eyes meeting her green and blue. Honestly, he would rather avoid talking about his own misfortune and he should talk to his nieces and nephews more often. Even Denali had received more attention than his mates blood. Even though he and Kansas weren't on talking terms there was one thing nice he had to say about the pale boy: His children grew into wonderful caring adults. This was a fate he could only pray his own offspring would have.

<style type="text/css">
.jazzytab2ooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#000;}
.jazzytab2 {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#dcdedb; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... zytab2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 476 OOC: Tongue

It is good you still have your sense of humor.

She said as the fire started warming up the room. She moved to the man, as he explained his pains. She smiled apologetically, knowing she could give him something to help with the pain but not the pressure when his lungs needed to expand… She’d do her best though.

I’m going to sit you up and change the bandage ok? Make sure to tell me if it is extremely painful!

She had the voice of a mother, even though she was no where close to one, but she got it from her own. She was extremely tender with him, helping him sit up, and then taking off the bandage that held the pad which protected the chest wound. The pad was soaked of course, it was easy enough to tell it wasn’t all blood but part of his bodies defenses against infections. She let him lay down again so she could clean it and she reached into her bag where she’ pulled out a bottle of sterile water, and a pad. She knew it was going to hurt so she took little dabs as she cleand out the edge of the wound of excess blood, another infection preventer, she had to keep it clean so that it would heal. The poor man looked like he was going to get one nasty scar from this. Though he was so lucky, her thoughts were going to him, feeling for him, and his pain, making it harder for her to breath, but she kept working,

Well you guys did probably just as much damage to that bear.

She said, she was not scolding, but making idle conversation, she didn’t know if Jazper knew that the bear had been a friend of the residents, and that it seemed she was there to visit him again. Amata felt bad because she knew Crimson Dreams was such a nice place, though she knew why her mother had done it. It was pain and fear that drove the woman… and concern for the parents that brought them to help her.

Well, that’s over in any case, how are your pups? They are growing quickly, I’m sure you’ll be about to playing with them in a week or two, just till your wound stops opening up, though it’s much better today.

She said, pulling out another pad she put some ointment on the pad before she would put it on the wound, not looking at him. She had been avoiding his own question, though she was telling herself things were great. They were, she was home… but she kept her eyes on the pad as she spoke.

I have been great, it’s so good to be home, though a lot more work right now than I expected.

She smiled down at the pad.

<style type="text/css">
.amatatable1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.amatatable1 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... amatat.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AAA299; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#CBBDA6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.amatatable1-line1 {width:436px; border-bottom:1px dotted #D7D3D0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait :/!!

WC:546

As the heat began to warm the chilled air the coal toned warrior smiled a little thankful for Amata’s kindness in his moments of need. As she moved and sat beside him he gave a light chuckle followed by a cringe once again from the pain. This was not going to be a pleasant process. Still, it could have been worse; he could not be here. “Well what else have I got left when the doc says I’m not allowed to go play with the other pups?” He asked with a wink and a smile. It was odd to be under the control of his niece. He had watched her grow from a little playful bundle of a fur into a lovely young lady. Yet here he was.

Obeying orders he shifted to a more upright position and lifted his arms up slightly so the girl could easily remove the bandages. He was looking forward to the day when he could fix his own bandages. Nodding he added, “I’m sure you’ll be able to tell.” Small short breathes allowed his chest to lift and fall at an abnormally fast pace, but it was all he could do to stop the pain. Looking down as she removed the bandage he grimaced at the sight of his own chest. The deep cuts were not shortening in length nor reducing in width. It appeared as though they would stay forever. As the cream colored fey dabbed his wounds lightly with water her flinched and held back yelps as the pad made contact.

At her comment about the bear guilt filled the warrior. He had thought that Savina was being attacked by the creature. That the bear was dangerous and aggressive and his family was in danger. As it turned out the bear had been a friend of Denali’s, the boy that he had been trying to make a better impression on since his poor behaviour in their first meeting as a little pup. “I was trying to do my job.” He said defensively with a frown. “I arrived to see Savina attacking a bear. What else was I suppose to think?” It wasn’t his fault he had almost killed a innocent creature. Had it been prey he wouldn’t have cared, but other predators, predators that were friends with family....

Stopping his train of thought the brute of a man quickly changed the subject. “So, what’s the verdict? Scar or no scar?” He already had a fair sized scar on the inside of his arm from a loner who had bitten and refused to let go. Although he didn’t particularly care for permanent marks there was nothing he could do if fate would have him covered with them. Perhaps Ghita would find it attractive? Maybe he would come to think of is as a mark of his duty. Today though, the once overly proud Knight was a little under the weather. Although he had attacked in defence of his family he felt like he had been too quick to react. He had let down Denali and now he was bed ridden and unable to care for his own pups. His pride was broken. Still he smiled at his niece, unwilling to show her that he was hurting, More than physically.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 428 OOC: Manly man Scar!!

Oh you’ll be up and about running with your kids in no time Uncle Jazper!

She said, as she worked on his wound. It had definitely been a deep cut, though he would be out of commission for some time, she knew she couldn’t keep him out of bed, she was surprised that he stayed this long. She paid close attention to a small side that could possibly have started infection, even put a little extra of her own made cream on the particular spot, knowing it would burn him, but then again if it didn’t how would she know it was working? She felt bad almost as instantly as she said the words about the bear, she knew he had been doing what he could to protect the family as a whole, and he had not known what happened. The only person to blame was her mother, though Amata knew exactly where she came from, so she couldn’t even blame her.

That was out of place for me I’m sorry, I just… I feel bad for her is all.

She said, knowing he didn’t really have to defend himself, that he really was doing his job, as a father, as a son in law, and as a Centurio. The pad was the tricky part of getting on, she had the gauze ready and out but it was the awkward position that the wound was in, in relation to his limbs, which she didn’t want to restrict, as the pain did enough of that for him. She did her best as she wrapped it up and figured she didn’t do too bad without a second pair of hands there.

I’m afraid it’ll be one brutally visible scar, but I think Ghita wouldn’t mind one more battle wound.

She giggled as she secured the gauze in place. And pushed caringly at his shoulder so he knew he could relax now. She sat there for a moment, as though deep in thought herself, her smile was like a dolls, just there, but she shook her head.

a few more weeks and you should be up and about with your kids in no time, unless your wound stops seeping before then.

She said, professionally with a happy smile, she knew he would want to protest and he would throw such a fit over it, but that was why she gave the extra allotted time… she knew he was going to get up, it was obvious enough, she just dind’t want him to do it too early and open his wound again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]