Play me a Song, Fiddler
Character Birthdate: 8/13/2008
Species: Tundra Wolf - Pure
Preferred Ark Rank: Musician
A Secondary Form of Contact: PM, AIM - KKelsasaurus. You know this sillies!
Currently Played Characters: Tala Djose

So, this was what Canadian winters were truly like. They were harsh, words had not prepared him for this, and was he in no way enjoying it. Coming from a place where snow came in light clusters, not heavy blankets that would smother the unsuspecting. He missed the green, he missed the mild winters, hell, he missed that old house full of prude old aristocratic mindsets. The red and off white wolf had not been in this land long. Only long enough to wonder if he had made the wrong choice in choosing to come during the winter months. When he had expected things to be less chaotic, less.... well, more than this. Though it seemed that he had no choice now. He was stuck here, with nothing but the hide on his back and the hard case in his hand. Within held a possession so dear he would snarl at someone for even thinking about messing with it. When you have none but one, the one becomes your everything.

How long had he been walking? Jensen O'Callaghan had lost count far to long ago to even attempt and recall. It had been weeks, but it felt like months. The lands here were harsh, but nothing the auburn brute could not handle. Well, that's what he got himself to believe anyway. With cowhide case in hand the Luperci moved in silence, occasionally he would glance to the trees to watch birds or squirrels as they chattered at him, defending what they felt was in danger with his presence. He just smirked, chuckling at them or moving quickly to startle the beats away. Jensen was starting to notice a increasingly dense smell of wolves. The smell was not unknown, but who it belonged to however, was indeed quite unknown. A pack, that was clear. Assuming by scent, mostly or entirely wolves. Hmm, well, he didn't feel like going around. Either he'd cross eventually or park his butt down and wait until he felt compelled to keep going.

He went with the later option , deciding that continuation was unnecessary at this point. The auburn and white mess of a male set himself down at the base of the tree that smelt strongly of fresh, or adequately fresh pack scent. Pressing his back against the bare truck the brute was quiet as he unclasped the case and pulled out his pride. His violin, his one truly adored item. He clasped it with gentle hands as he brought one end to his shoulder, chin pressing to the small pad before he used his right hand to pick at the bow. He exhaled slowly before the bow and horsehair met in harmony. The tune was slow, it held a vast amount of emotion but followed no words. Whether or not anyone came by or even heard, the man was content with playing only for himself.

The width of the tree had left his seat with very little snow. Pine needles did prod, but it did not seem to bother him at all. Especially once his mind was set on his music, the man was lost. His ears were flat in a nearly submissive content state. Anyone could tell the dual coloured brute was lost in his song like a bird in it's call. When he played the world was at peace. He felt at home. Like things were more.... normal, for once.
[html]

WC: 321 OOC: Welcome to Cercatori Smile

The winter wasn’t what he wanted at all, but then again, he knew that the weather wouldn’t listen to him. He had no expectations that it would, but that did not ease his mood when he saw the snow thick as ever on the ground. He groaned, wishing and hoping that it would warm up and goi away, but it didn’t… leaving his house was not a prospective thing to him, but he knew he had to keep his eyes on the borders. He moved along slowly not really expecting much today just like most other days. He had to do what he had to do though, but his sour mood was about to change, as he heard something. It sounded kind of like a guitar at first… until, he heard it wasn’t… well how interesting. Shawchert followed the noise listening to the melody, and soon picked up on it . he fiddled with his wooden flute that was around his neck like a necklace before pulling it up, he started messing with the tune that he heard, which was now getting louder, though he did his flute quietly it did not take him long before he was playing a good tune that would help synchronize their different instruments. He found the male sitting down playing. He continued to let his flute play for a short while unsure if the man heard him or not, but soon stopped.

Hello,

He said, wanting the wolf to hear him before he really introduced himself. The wolf before him was shorter than him, just like most of the other wolves he’d met here. That mattered little to Shawchert though. He was curious who this wonderful fiddle player was and why he was here of all places playing such an interesting instrument. He didn’t know what a violin was so he was quite curious about it, as he stared at the man and his violin.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]The world was calm today, though it was the heart of winter, the wind was on ease today, bed ridden to leave the male to enjoy his playing in privacy. Or... as private as the outskirts of a strange pack got. The ground was compacted where he sat, so he knew that he was not the first to set himself down here. Not that it mattered, because for the current time being, it was his and only his. Nobody could just come and take it from him. Now that would be a fancy sight now wouldn't it? Jensen's red ears perked up on his head as he heard a faint flute. So, he was not the only being in the land that played any sort of instrument. That intrigued him, to the point where he was about to set his own lemody to rest to investigate.

There was no feed, the sound was becoming increasingly strong on it's own. The carrier was coming close and Jensen let his eyes close. His hands worked in a single motion it seemed, his left hand would press and release strings while the right would sway too and fro, causing the hair to sing. The rest of his body was still, he danced mentally, though one would not guess such a thing by looking at him. He could hear footsteps under the music and knew that whoever was responsible for the addition to the chords was standing close. Though the notes did not end at that point, he carried on for a moment longer before the flute fell silent. Jensen took the liberty of finishing the chord before letting the Violin fall to his lap, orange eyes opening to view the stranger. He was tall, taller than himself by quite a distance actually. Well, that was.... impressive. Hello, was that all he was going to say? Well, better than nothing. "Hey there. Always nice to see another lover of the musical arts. You carry quite the breathe when it comes to using that thing. Flutes are quite the instrument. But sorry, I suppose you want to know who this bloody brute is? Name's Jensen O'Callaghan." He gave a nod to the taller male, though he did not stand up or make an attempt to explain himself. Why should he? He was doing nothing wrong.

Jensen was never the type to let an action go unaccounted for, words, yes, but he would never dare do something like letting his Violin even touch the ground without his meaning. So the wooden instrument sat in his lap, one knee slightly raised in a relaxed position. The bow was strewn atop of it, but the hairs on each did not clash to create any noise. Jensen knew this man was from the pack, he'd be thick to not understand that. He wasn't a bloody moron.[/html]

[html]

WC: 231 OOC: Big Grin so short bad shawwww

Shaw watched as the man finished playing his tune, it was quite interesting, it didn’t sound horrible, not in the least, though it did have an alien quality. Something he’d never really heard before, but he wasn’t going to complain. He felt bad for his one word welcome, but he was still, unsure if the male would really hear, but it seemed he did.

Ah thank you, years of practice no doubt, it is a pleasure meeting you, My name is Shawchert Menue, and we have plenty of people who are in fact musicians in my pack.

He motioned behind him, the territory that he’d owned, it seemed this man was quite blunt, but in a good way, at least this was what he saw in the man. He didn’t know him very much so his impression was from the little he’d seen.

I’ve never heard such an instrument, what might it be?

It looked a lot like the guitar that Lucia had, and knew it had to be in the same group of instruments of the guitar and the lute, but he could see the man did not pluck the strings like the others did, but use friction, it was an interesting thought. And wondered who had made such an instrument in the first place, but thinking back humans had made weirder things, and this was probably one of them.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 400

Jensen sat with his body completely at ease. His back was pressed to the tree as if it was carved into a chair. His legs draped the ground like a family home and his shoulders were down, only doing enough to keep his Violin off the ground and away from anything he seemed fit that could possibly taint it. His body was not showing any signs of aggression, but that did not mean he was somewhat submissive either. Jensen was neutral, not the type to go and piss off somebody bigger than him, and not the type to cower in front of a packwolf either. For the time being, Jensen just sat, distracted by the brute in front of him.

"A whole pack of 'em you say? Well, aint that a sight to see. I can't imagine having multiple sets of talent in one vicinity. Though the though is quite.... intriguing. I might have to come and investigate at some point, see if you're a liar or not." The words were accompanied by a grin. He wasn't calling him a liar, it was just that he did not exactly believe that having many sets of 'talented' hands in one place was even possible. Back home he knew certain families took up the arts, but several in a pack was highly unlikely. In his eyes, he did not see it possible.

He could see Shaw eying the instrument in his lap and the auburn male smirked, looking down at it as well in a shape of pride. It seems like the massive male in front of him didn't know what to make of it. "What's the matter, Shawchert? Never seen a Violin before? Surely, you must have. If not, you were missing out on a great thing for quite some time." He gently pat the neck of the fiddle as if it could hear the words, praising it like it was truly his only possession. It was, in some aspects.

"So what exactly is this place called, anyway?"

Jensen didn't know the names of pretty much anything around here. Being so new to the area, hell, the entire country. He had spent much of the time alone, and the rest he was not concentrated on asking such questions. It never seemed to cross his mind at the right times. Now was a good time to ask, before he forgot again.

<style type="text/css">
.jensen-violin b {font-weight:bold; color:#631501; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jensen-violin .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.jensen-violin p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jensen-violin {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#c9a988; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Jensen-violin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a0e03; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a0e03; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 364 OOC: Big Grin Be nice to me squeee lol, but you’re right he can be a sarcastic bastard hahaha !

Shawchert stood, watching the stranger, wondering what he was here for in the first place, then again he could have been just a normal loner, one who was just passing by, though it made more sense to Shaw that the man used his talents in another way, but he would not openly suggest something like this out right to the man in front of him. He didn’t’ seem the type to take such thoughts well.

On my honor I do not lie. But I do welcome you as long as you ask for permission on the lands,

He saw the man had smiled when he spoke, but Shaw didn’t much like the idea he was being called a liar, but he let that thought pass over him. The man was explaining his instrument, apparently it was called a violin.

I’m afraid I have not heard of such a thing until now and it pains me to only find out now, you make beautiful music with it, I must say.

He said, smiling at the man, knowing he’d at least take the praise, though he did feel bad for not knowing what a violin was, he knew somewhat of what guitars sounded like but a violin was not an instrument he had known about in all the years he was alive.

Oh my apologies, the name is Cercatori d’ Arte, or in English, seekers of art.

He said proudly, he loved the pack that he had made, it was the best decision he’d made, bringing together a bunch of marry makers, well not all had been, he knew a few that were pretty straight faced, and not so happy with their first celebration, though they had participated in some way. Just very quietly.

What brings you to the area? There’s not much to the west, from here, just the bay, though once you get past that, the rest of the continent, though it’s bitterly cold that way I think.

He said, smiling a little, he’d never been that way but had been warned against it, and he thought he made a good choice in area where he would stay for the remainder of his life.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I luffles him :3 wc 471

Why was he here? That was a good question. He knew that it was because he just wanted to sit and enjoy the time alone for a moment before he had to continue on towards the inland of Nova Scotia. What was he looking for? He had no idea. When would he find it? He hadn't the foggiest of clues. So why not stop and play, it was something he enjoyed. Even if he did just sit and play for days, he wasn't hurting anyone or in the pack lands. Nobody could say a word of actual reasonable complaint.

Jensen looked up to Shaw and grinned, he had taken that comment seriously, hmm? Well, he could if he wanted, it didn't change what he had actually meant. "I didn;t come seeking permission. But hell if I'll refuse it. I want to see these fellow musicians you speak of. Would you mind? Playing with other people might do me some good." The brute grinned a toothy smile, though he did not stand up.

So he was right in assuming he hadn't known what the Violin was, well, not all to many people did. He liked to make it seem like they should have known, make them squirm and try and lie their way out. It was fun to him, to see how people reacted. Was it a bit mean? Sort of, but he didn't have all to many things to do when he was out in places like this. He had to entertain himself somehow. "Well now you know, I doubt you'll forget any time soon too. It's like a small Cello. I wanted to play that too, but the damn things to big to lug around everywhere I go." He laughed, knowing Shaw might not know what a Cello was either. That didn't matter though.

He shrugged his shoulders at the question, though he nodded to the explanation of the pack name. So, he seemed serious about this art thing after all. It made him curious, the male suddenly quite inquisitive. He'd answer his question, and ask his own later. "I've only gotten here from overseas just a few weeks ago. I guess I'm just trying to find my way around. Ireland looks much different during this time of year. The snow.... it makes everything look the bloody same." His accented tone seemed to deepen in unconscious irritation with the scenery.

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see what this Cercatori D'Arte has to show. If they're anything like you, I'd go as far as to say that you were right."

It might even be a place where he'd like to stay, learn from other artists and expand his knowledge. "Hell, I might even try and bunker down. This place seems pretty.... Oh I don't know. Appropriate for me."

<style type="text/css">
.jensen-violin .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.jensen-violin {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#c9a988; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Jensen-violin.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a0e03; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a0e03; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:529 OOC: <3

He could tell that the male in front of him might be possible trouble in the future, he did seem to speak his mind… but that did not stop Shaw, the man could play something so wonderfully beautiful, and he always gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t mind at all, we are willing to always show off, I’m sure that you would enjoy showing some of our members your own instrument. Valinta may like it so much she’ll dance for you, and we have some that know the guitar as well.

Shaw said, he moved his arm for him to join as he walked. An invitation to come across his borders. He did not know what a Cello was, but he guessed it was something like a Violin except bigger, he wondered what that sounded like. He thought with interest, but he said nothing more on that subject. Except;

No I will never forget that, it does have a beautiful sound to it.

He said walking into the territory further, making his way to Thornbury where he suspected his packmates would be, they never congregated much, but he was sure to find someone there in town.

Yes, I come from a little further south, and I admit the snow does get to that point, sadly, the season is still not even halfway over. The snow can last even after spring comes.

He was wondering if he was gaining a new pack member, and he was trying to basically sell his position to the man, though he was sure that Bangle would do much better than shaw was doing right now.

Well we have an amazing singer, she’s got the voice of an angel, and a few writers and craftsman of sorts too.

He said, he knew that Sky would easily get anyone to come and stay, she had such a beautiful voice, though he wanted to keep it to their own duo, he was sure that she would like other’s to sing with and it was possible this man with the violin might be one of them… that was if he decided to stay. He smiled at the mans last comment. They were a new pack, but they were able to keep others fed for the winter, but not many more, they were living off fish and a few of the deer that were caught by the members of the pack, but it wasn’t the worst winter, Shaw was sure of it.

I think you would be interesting company to say the least. I wouldn’t mind letting you stay for a while, though a pack works together, even its guests.

He said, his own authority coming out. He was one to know that staying in a pack didn’t mean they could lay on their tails all day and do nothing, so he doubted the man would need a reminder of such a thing, but he would be giving him his protection with the pack he had. They may be a bunch of merry makers, but he was certain they could hold up in a fight if need be, which meant they would protect one another.

<style type="text/css">
.Shawfreebeez b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39675; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.Shawfreebeez-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; text-align:center;}
.Shawfreebeez p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Shawfreebeez {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebeez.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cbbe87; padding: 155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Shawfreebeez-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.Shawfreebeez-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #f0efe9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]
[html]

wc 444

Jensen was quite content with just sitting, but as Shawchert began to move and motioned for him to follow he silently sighed a bit, he moved with speed as he placed his Violin back into the case, placing the bow in it's defined place before closing it and snapping the clasps shut. It wasn't as convenient as a flute, which you could tie and let hand as Shaw seemed to do. If only. Holding the worn case in his hand he began to pace after the taller male in silence. He let him talk, not having all to much to say himself.

Nodding his head his smile crept back onto his face. If the others seemed to react like Shawchert had, he'd have no problem showing more people what his Violin was capable of. Not that he was going to have an issue with showing people anyway, but knowing they had never heard one before was a bonus to him. "I think I can live with that."

Jensen was quiet after that, treading in the snow and seeming to follow the footprints of Shaw to an almost odd degree. He didn;t like the feeling of snow giving away under him like the blanket did here. The feeling was odd to him, it was all a bit odd. He missed the green, so very much. The further they went into the territory the more Jensen smelt the degree of the packs activities. They were more dense here, closer to the borders it had been scarce. Marked only to let people know that this land was claimed,taken and marked.

Jensen listened, even if he did not respond to the statements. What Shawchert was telling to him stuck well. Singers and writers, craftsmet and more, well, this place sure was starting to live up to what he had been told of, even if it was all just words at the moment. Let him stay for a while? He could most definitely live with that. If it meant giving him a place to play, a place to sleep and somewhere warm where he could enjoy company of decent folk, how could the man refuse? "I'd like to accept that offer. I know very well that a pack flows as one. I'm not an idiot. People know these things. That was a bit rude, my bad." He chuckled as he looked around. Had he just become part of a pack, or, somewhat part of one? How did that just happen? Well..... he wasn't going to complain in the slightest. A place to settle down somewhat and enjoy his time in Canada. Now what could possibly go wrong?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 308 OOC: WELCOME TO CdA YAY!

As it was, Jensen was not much of a talker as they walked, that was fine with Shawchert, he loved talking but he wasn’t going to push it on other people. He did seem rather impressed at the fact they had an array of artists in the pack. Now that Shawchert had lived her… nearly three months… it wasn’t so impossible. It actually became more familiar to him than anything else in the world. It brought so many new possibilities.

Well then I must welcome you to Cercatori d’ Arte then. We enjoy new company, so I’m sure you’ll be the light of everyone’s eyes right now.

He said, and it seemed he’d gained another pack member without even knowing it, as the moved through the bushes into the hidden town of Thornbury. The town itself was still overrun by vines and bushes, though the vines were sleeping for the winter, they were still there. Only the houses that had been claimed or cleaned were devoid of such things.

This my new friend is Thornbury, most of us stay here, I’m a bit too … tall for such buildings and my own home is in the forest. Not too hard to find.

He said, stopping to turn to the male, a happy expression on his face. they’d seemed to come to a mutual agreement, and this made Shawchert happy, though he had to push aside a slightly rude comment, but he did deserve it, letting the man know something so obvious. But that was hearsay. He was working to better the pack, even in relationship, he could see the man had a mouth, and he’d be find with it, Ouija had one too, and Bao, with all his secrets… wolves of all types lived here, and as long as they lived by Shaw’s rules, nothing would go wrong.

<style>
.shaw-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a01 b {color:#ffc57c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a01 {background-color:#584329; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/odc3b.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #ffc57c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#291f13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.