M. you belong to me, my snow white queen. [p]
[html]
WARNING This thread contains: strong language, drug/alcohol usage, and some sexual content starting with the #5th post. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

[html]<style type="text/css">
#fia01 { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 260px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #fefee2; font-family: "times new roman"; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia01 h1 { color: #fff; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold; margin-right: 15px; }
#fia01 p { margin: 5px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#fia01 .ooc { color: #525243; font-style: italic; }
#fia01 .speak { color: #ffad0e; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

For Naniko. SSWM: 553

Fiachra laid in a quiet corner of the caves she now called home, twisting her rosary around in her hand. She had been napping like this, sprawled out on her back, paws propped against a wall of the cave. Now, she was barely what anyone would call awake, but not asleep anymore. Her eyes were closed as she played out a dream she had been having. The pictures swam across her eyelids and she smiled. She had been having nightmares every single time she slept since those monsters had done as they pleased with her, and she was glad for some peace. Anathema was the best thing that had happened to her in a long time, it felt like. She had not been away from home so long, but it felt like forever. No, she told herself. That isn't home anymore. This is home. This will be home for a very, very long time. Maybe permanently. She liked the idea. A place to call home forever. What a glorious idea.

She thought about the events of the past few days. Itachi and his childlike behaviour, his desperation to impress Naniko. A lot of analyzing had told her that the boy felt more for his leader than simple trust and respect. And Naniko.. the queen. She was, as Itachi seemed to have gathered, exquisite. Fiachra wasn't sure how she felt about her alphess quite yet, but she shared blood with her now, and there was no turning back. She hoped that the lady wolf would like her, if not respect her, but this pack seemed quite full of others who were much like her.. scarred, paranoid, fucked up. Damaged creatures banding together. And she was one of them, damaged, unable to heal completely. Fiachra had once been told that time heals all wounds, but she felt now that there was a serious mistake in that piece of advice, because no time could heal the wounds she had acquired since leaving home.

And yet, she had no regrets. She regretted nothing about her travels, because it had opened her eyes. She held no resentment, no malice toward those who had done her wrong.. okay, that was a lie. She would kill them and eat their insides if she ever saw a single one of them again. But the reason for that had more to do with revenge and self satisfaction in knowing that she had overpowered those who had caused her so much pain. And yet.. pain had woken her up from her dreamy little fantasy land in which everyone was nice and meant well and nobody would ever hurt each other. Not that she had ever really lived in that world.. but she had been born after the time that Kitten, the alpha of the pack opposing her father's, had eaten his own brother as a puppy. That was not her world, not her reality. Now, the myths seemed real. Killing, maiming, raping, ravaging.. these things were real. She knew this now.

No regrets. She was here now, so she had damn well make the best of it. She would enjoy her new home, her new packmates... and the memory of blood and stinging and beauty which was the dream that swam across her vision. She did not sleep this time, but dreamt nonetheless.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

wc: 437

She had been on edge ever since the intruder had disturbed the peace of the territory, constantly watching her back and patrolling the border every moment that she had free. The fact that the male had gotten so far into the territory without anyone the wiser had scared her. She and Theodore had thought that he was a spy and hadn’t been proven otherwise so far, so she would continue to assume that of him. Guilty until proven innocent. The male had been easy enough for her to dispose of with one of her poison-tipped daggers, and she had drug his corpse to the borders as a warning to any others who would attempt to cross into her lands. He had been from Inferni, which had concerned her; as far as she knew, she was on good terms with at least one of their leaders, an old coyote named Kaena, and she didn’t understand why they would have sent a spy her way.

Naniko had been considering claiming more of the underground tunnels as the pack expanded, but was beginning to change her mind on that. What they really needed was more forested area around the mountain in which they lived. It would provide them with more grounds for hunting and scouting and also with a bit of a buffer area for outsiders. Perhaps she would discuss this at the next pack gathering…maybe her pack would have some good ideas for her. Naniko already had a few of her own that she would propose. Booby-traps. Selene had sparked the idea in the four year old’s head and she was determined to find some way to make it work, both in and outside of their cave system. Her sister had thought about trapping intruders in the caves, and Naniko was considering making traps in the forest, as well.

She coughed a little as she made her way toward the rear of the main cave, walking down one of the long and twisting hallways. She was beginning to run out of her powder-drug despite the amount that Demi had given her, and she would soon need to venture to the city to gather more. She was a user of the powder and had been for over a year, when she could find it. When she couldn’t it drove her mad with the craving. The light female passed by a den that smelled familiar and she recognized the scent of the female that they had accepted at the borders earlier. She stopped, unsure if she ought to make her presence known or simply continue to walk on by. ”Anyone home?”

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
#fia01 { width: 400px; background: #000 url

('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-

top: 260px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #fefee2; font-family: "times new roman";

font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia01 h1 { color: #fff; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold; margin-right: 15px; }
</style>

SSWM: 496

The sound of Naniko's voice yanked Fiachra so hard out of her reverie, she nearly jumped. Opening her eyes, she quickly turned her face away from her leader, covering her eyes with her hand for a brief moment as a show of respect. It was something that her old pack had done, to hide one's eyes briefly in the presence of a revered leader or respected warrior, and she did it without thinking, without even realizing what she was doing. Instinct. She had so many instincts that she had yet to learn to shake. She was not sure of what the correct showing of respect in upright shift was here, so she hastened to explain. "I mean to honour you by my gesture, ma'am." She would explain further if asked. The origin, from legends, was that her fellows had turned their faces and hid their eyes from their Gods, for they were too incredible to lay eyes upon, and so the gesture reminded them of the high status of a leader or warrior above their pack, for they had earned the greatest honours among the Gods. Naniko, surely, was worthy of this gesture.

She sat up slowly, her mind in a rush. Had she not been thinking of Naniko before her appearance? Speak of the devil, and the devil shall appear, she remembered. Did dreaming do the same? She could not erase the white queen from her memory, and she was yet unclear as to why the woman haunted her so. Those piercing green eyes, perhaps they could even see so far as Fiachra's soul... Fiachra blinked away the momentary rush of thought, sitting up properly and folding her legs in front of her indian style. She could not be thinking this was in the presence of her queen; no, certainly not. Not only because it was awkward and less than appropriate, but also because perhaps the queen could see the thoughts within her head, and she would rather not share these ones. It was too much, too soon, and she simply could not take it.

She had realized that her alphess would not likely recognize the gesture as respect, despite any explanation, and bowed her head deeply instead. She wished to be clear that she honoured and respected her leader, even when within her own space. "How do you do?" she asked, her voice quiet and easy as she got up from the floor, pulled out the two hand-crafted stools from the table she had made between her acceptance into the pack and this meeting - in fact, she had made them shortly before meeting Scorpius, Naniko's own son - and offered one to her queen, standing near it with her head inclined slightly. She could not and would not sit unless Naniko did. She added to her first statement, casually, "Will you have a drink, dear lady?" She still had some of the alcohol she had brewed, and what better way to use it?

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

wc: 391

The snow queen wasn’t feeling particularly icy today, her mood fairly stable and friendly. She had her pack duties and had things she needed to be doing, but instead she was choosing to check back in the caves and see how the members were doing and what they were up to. She wanted to figure out where the members were choosing to stay at, in which caves, so that she might add their dens onto a large map that she was beginning to work on. She and her sister had discussed several different types of booby traps and were trying to decide what tunnels to place them in, as well, so it would be useful to know where the pack was staying at. She wanted them all to be aware of exactly where the traps were and what they were so that they could avoid them. They would likely be in some of the lesser-used tunnels to keep them out of the way.

Fiachra’s grayscale form emerged from her den and she made a gesture that was unfamiliar to her. The Angela, taken aback, took a few steps backward. Had she frightened her in some way? She was covering her eyes. She observed the behavior then listened to the explanation, ears perked. Ah, so it wasn’t fright that had driven the new pack member’s actions, but respect. She could understand that. ”Each place has its own customs, huh.” The cult pack had been set up with its own rules and regulations, and Naniko had brought a few of those with her to Anathema.

How did she do? She was unused to such speech and wasn’t sure how to answer for a moment. ”I’m doing fine. I didn’t wake you up, did I?” Fiachra seemed to be fitting in nicely, having found a space for herself amongst the caves and caverns of Anathema. She nodded at the invitation to sit down and took a stool, putting her arm up on the table. In her own den she had managed to put together a large bed that she had found in the city. She’d taken it apart and had carried it back to her den in pieces, the mattresses coming last.”Thanks. And sure, what do you have to drink? You seem to be settling in well. How are you adjusting to live underground?”

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
#fia01 { width: 400px; background: #000 url

('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-

top: 260px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #fefee2; font-family: "times new roman";

font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
</style>

The idea behind the alcohol is something like absinthe, for reference. SSWM: 583.

Her slip into the customs of her old pack only appeared to bother her queen momentarily, and they both recovered quickly and settled down. Once Naniko had taken a seat, Fiachra moved to the crate at the other side of her small den, nearest her makeshift bed, and pulled out two glasses and a bottle of the brew that she had concocted. It was strong and vaguely greenish, and the fragrance was somewhat harsh when the bottle was uncorked. Her uncle had taught this brew to her, and she had improved upon it slightly since then. Her secret was that she added the honey while it was still distilling, rather than as an afterthought. The sweetness soaked in and turned the green perhaps a little more of a greenish golden tone, but the flavour was much improved, and Fiachra enjoyed the taste immensely. She was not an alcoholic, but.. damn near.

In reply to the white queen's inquiries, she spoke kindly, honestly, and yet carefully, maintaining a healthy level of respect between them. "No, ma'am, I was only daydreaming. It is an honour to have your presence here." She couldn't help but to smile. It was beyond an honour, simply bliss. But she could not speak those words, or even think those thoughts. Instead, she backtracked to another comment made by her queen, and replied to it. "Our customs were very specific. I am trying to learn yours - and now, mine - to replace them." It was true; she wanted to fit in here. She wanted to be a part of things. She knew that it would take time, but she longed to skip the learning phase and jump right into being one of them, one of these people with whom she lived, whom she called packmates. Soon enough, her wish would be reality. She would be one of them.

She brought the bottle and glasses to the table and laid them down gently. As she uncorked the bottle to serve them, she answered more questions. "I am not sure what this is called. It is a liquor.. my uncle called it la fée verte. He said it means 'the green fairy,' although I'm not clear on why, except that the original brew is green - mine is a little more golden, but it tastes better this way. My local legend has it that this recipe was passed down for a very long time before us." She poured slowly, carefully, gentle with the highly potent drink - if she spilt it, her room would never cease to smell like alcohol, and she did not wish for that.

She corked the bottle, setting it to the far side of the small table, so that it would not be knocked over, and set the first-poured glass in front of Naniko. "Here you are, ma'am. I do hope you will enjoy it." She realized then that she had been asked yet another question, and hastened to answer it quickly. "I am adjusting well, thank you. It is cozy here.. I have been making myself at home. I hope that it's okay..." Her anxiety was clear in her voice, and she longed to drink, but knew that it would be highly impolite and disrespectful to do so. Instead, she lifted her glass slightly and said in a quiet, mildly shaky toast, "To your health, my lady. May you persevere through any tribulation laid to your path, and may they be few and far between."

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

wc: 445

"Daydreaming, eh? I don't sleep too well at night and pretty much sleep wherever and whenever." Sometimes it was in her den, sometimes beneath a tree or atop a nice warm, black rock. Those were always so cozy. Occasionally she would lay down at night and be able to sleep, but lately her insomnia had been getting the best of her. She dismissed the girl's second set of words with a shake of her head; she had been meaning to see how Fiachra was settling in, and it was no skin off her back to come in for a nice drink.

She had lived in many places and knew what it was like to have to try and adjust to a new one. The first few weeks were often difficult as she fought to figure out her place in the pack and as she met pack members and figured out names and relationships. There was an entire social network within a pack, and it could be daunting to break into that as a new wolf from a far away place. She had founded this pack and felt very much in-place here amongst family and friends. Her sister Pontiac had just returned a few days prior, a pleasant surprise indeed. "I don't know if losing everything from your past is such a good idea--maybe some of the bad things, but it's the little things that make a wolf unique."

The bottle of alcohol was set up on the table and uncorked. Its smell burned her nose as she inhaled, a fact that intrigued her; not many alcohols made her nostrils go aflame these days. It had to be pretty strong stuff. "I've never smelled anything quite like it...interesting. So yours would be the 'Golden Fairy'." She accepted the toast and raised her glass, clinking it together with Fiachra's. Naniko was eager to taste what her packmate had brewed, eager for the new experience. Her life had been too much of a routine lately...perhaps that was why this small break from reality was so readily awaited by the Angela.

Her throat burned as the stuff went down, but it wasn't anything that she wasn't used to. She took a little at a time after her first taste, sips in between words of conversation. The tall white wolf stood up so that she might unhook her weapons belt after her first few sips of the brew, setting it on the table next to her. If she was going to be drinking then she didn't want to have her daggers anywhere near her. "My daggers are tipped in poison; don't want to accidentally get myself with them" She explained.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
#fia01 { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 260px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #fefee2; font-family: "times new roman"; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
</style>

SSWM: 456.

Fiachra laughed softly. Before the daydreaming, she had been sleeping.. a rare occurrence indeed. "No, I'm afraid that I don't often sleep well either," she replied, her voice thoughtful. There had been a time that sleep had come easily to her. Before they had taken her, before she had become what she now was. Now, things were different. Her sleep was plagued with nightmares, dark things that she could not bear to tell Naniko of. No, her snow white queen was the only pleasant break in the nightmares; daydreaming of her was the only breath of fresh air allowed to the young girl these days.

To the second comment, she shrugged slightly, nodding her head in unsure agreement. "I'm not the same as I was when I left my old home," she said in an almost-whisper. "But I will heed your advice. Perhaps I started there for a good reason after all." After all, it had never been being there that was so bad. It wasn't, truly. But it was boring, it was restless. And she was a princess there, a princess who was spoilt, who knew nothing of the world and, really, nothing of herself either. She would be welcomed back, should she ever wish to go, but she did not wish any such thing. She wished only to stay here, infinitely.. perhaps with her snow white queen.

She drank as an echo of Naniko the first time, waiting to see the woman's reaction before sipping her own. The sweet burn of honey and liquor soothed her senses, and it was scarcely any time at all before Fiachra could feel herself loosening up, breathing easier. "Yes, the Golden Fairy indeed," she breathed, her words a bit more casual now. "I much prefer it to its green counterpart. It's sweeter." Perhaps she ought not drink this in the presence of her queen, for she might slip and do something wrong, but the thought was too little, too late. She was already here, and already relaxed enough to dismiss the thought as foolishness. Her eyes and her mind both fixated on the white lady in front of her, and she smiled a bit broader now. What a lovely night this was panning out to be.

Poison? Before she could stop herself, she was asking the question. "Why are they tipped with poison? Do you often need such measures?" She usually could have kicked herself for speaking so hastily, but she was just relaxed enough to figure that Naniko might get sick of being treated like the queen she was.. much as Fiachra had grown tired of being treated only as a princess. Still, she added softly, "It's no business of mine, if you don't wish to tell."

[/html]
[html]

:]] wc: 729

The cave system was dimly lit. Naniko was trying to find some way to work on getting more fires out in the tunnels outside of the wolves’ individual dens, but wasn’t sure about what the pack thought. Another thing to think about for an upcoming pack meeting. She wanted there to be adequate lighting for those who chose to have it, but didn’t want to shed too much light on those in the pack who wished to remain in darkness or partial darkness. She preferred to have a small fire going at all times inside of her cave but kept it hidden behind a large boulder so that it wasn’t direct light and so that it wouldn’t be as much of a danger to Scorpius.

Her son did tend to get into trouble, she had found, if left completely to his own devices. Naniko had tried to instill values onto the child and she expected him to follow her rules, but each day the boy seemed to find something new to do that she hadn’t thought to teach him of or give him a rule about yet. Naniko had disciplined him upon their return to the cave after he had gone out to Dahlia de Mai on his own and made her go after him. Her time was valuable and wasn’t to be spent chasing after a wayward pup. His actions had consequences to them, she had tried to teach him. That time she had shown him the consequences but later in life when he was not her responsibility he would learn them for himself.

That her new packmate didn’t sleep well either was a surprise to her; she didn’t find many others with the same plight as she did. Was it because Fiachra was new and didn’t feel comfortable yet that she couldn’t sleep, or some other reason? Naniko had never really experienced a dream or nightmare, at least, none that she could remember, and didn’t know if that could be a reason behind it or not. There had been times where she hadn’t been able to sleep due to bad thoughts about her ex-mate, but never actual nightmares or dreams about him. At least in sleep she’d had some peace.

”If I hadn’t been kicked out of my old pack, Crimson Dreams, I wouldn’t be here now. I couldn’t give two shits if the wolves in it lived or died now, but I can at least appreciate the fact that if I hadn’t left there I wouldn’t be here having this merry time with you.” Her drink emptied itself as she spoke and she reached for the bottle herself, pouring a bit more. Her routine could wait for one night, she supposed; she would have to stay in if she was drinking. What sort of a leader would she be if she came across a newcomer at the borders in this condition? She could imagine it now, herself inviting in whoever it was without questioning them intensely.

”Huh?” She realized that she hadn’t been listening to the gray female when she heard the end of the question. Her mind scrambled to make up the words to the beginning of what Fiachra had said. Something about her daggers. ”My daggers. Uhh..well, I guess because I’m not that good of a fighter. Don’t tell anyone else that, though, OK? This way if I even manage to scratch them they’ll be done for, you see?” It was smart for her to dip them in her poison, she thought. It would help to make up for her inadequacies in the sparring and fighting areas. ”I’m a lover, not a fighter” She said, letting out a loud and echoing laugh.

”But seriously. I did kill someone with them.” Her expression turned back to what it normally was, tranquil as ever. ”We had a spy come over from Inferni, the coyote clan to our West. Other packs had issues with them…Dahlia de Mai even had a little war with em. One of them got all the way up to the entrance of the caves…right outside my den, if you can believe that!” She said. The volume of her voice rose as she spoke, getting more into the conversation. ”Theodore had found him, one of my warriors. But I took care of the spy in the end. How do you defend yourself usually, Fi-nacha?”

<style>
.naniko-gunsup p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; text-indent:25px; }
.naniko-gunsup b {color:#fff8e5;}
.naniko-gunsup {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; background-color:#444c33; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... gunsup.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:355px; text-align:justify; }
</style>

[/html]
#fia02 { width: 400px; background: #fff url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/header02.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 350px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia02 h1 { color: #8f0000; font-size: 14px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold; margin: 0 15px; }
#fia02 p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#fia02 .ooc { color: #525243; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#fia02 .speak { color: #c33535; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

i can't escape the twisted way you think of me

SSWM: 751.

i feel you in my dreams and i don't sleep

The words Naniko spoke were music to Fiachra's ears. A merry time. Fiachra herself was having better than a merry time; this was very nearly a dream come true. Her snow white queen fascinated her, left her wanting more. She had never felt what she felt now, but it wasn't unpleasant. It was, in fact, among the most pleasant, if not unnerving, sensations that she had ever encountered. The first glimpse of her queen had left her breathless; this second encounter was more like having her stomach twisted in knots on top of it. But it was somehow not dismaying to feel so out of sorts. Probably the alcohol. Her vision was blurring as she, too, poured a second glass. She could hold her liquor, but this stuff was strong. Very strong. Maybe even too strong to be drinking it with her queen. But it was far too late for that now. Drunk, she was.

Fiachra laughed softly as she listened to Naniko's explanation for her poison daggers. "I won't tell, my lady," she replied, her voice nearly a whisper. She tried to speak normally as she continued her thought. "A lover, eh. I'm the same way. But if I put poison on this - her voice was staying just above a whisper as she pulled her rosary out from under her shirt and held it up - I would end up dead. I play with it too much. She held out her hand, which was marked with one clean cut, a product of mixing blood with Naniko, and many deep scratches. They had a salve over them, and were healing nicely, but it was clear that they were mostly fresh. "One of those.. the clean one.. that's from you. The rest are from playing with this." She held the rosary up in her other hand and smiled wryly. "Nervous habit," she explained. She couldn't raise her voice. What was wrong with her?

It occurred to her that her queen had not pronounced her name correctly. Gently and passively, she said to the lady, "My name is Fiachra. Fee-AH-ker-ah. You may call me Fia, if you like. Most people do. My name is difficult." Her parents had been insane when they'd named her. She was named after a saint - Saint Fiacre, or Saint Fiachra in Irish. He had been male, but the name was fitting enough for both genders. She didn't usually mind her name, except at times like these, where she had to awkwardly explain how to pronounce her name. She smiled a little and sipped her drink, watching Naniko closely. She could not, for the life of her, pull her gaze away from her queen. She closed her eyes. That worked. She opened them again, and her gaze fixated itself right back to Naniko. Dear God.

Before she could stop herself, words rose from her throat. "You are very pretty, my lady," she whispered, almost inaudibly. She was glad for how quiet her voice was now, hoping that she went unheard. Christ, she was drunk. Her vision slipped and slid, and she leaned on the table for support. How she wished to simply lay down.. but not in the presence of her snow white queen. If only.. 'No!' her mind snapped as she imagined, half against her will, curling up with Naniko and talking until they slept. 'Don't think of these things,' her mind chastised. 'It won't happen. You will only be disappointed, let down. She is your queen, not your lover.' Her stomach turned. She took another sip. What was this feeling, this longing? As her vision swayed, her queen sat, as beautiful as ever, and Fiachra found that, in that moment, she could not look away. She never wanted to look away.

Something occurred to her, and in typical drunk fashion, it spilled from her lips quickly and without thinking. "My lady.. have you a mate?" It was really none of her business, and apology swept over her features as she gritted her teeth. What was she thinking? 'You are being terrible tonight,' she thought to herself angrily. 'Why can you not just hold your tongue?' She would have to do something. Play it cool, keep it casual. Make it clear that she had not asked for interest's sake, but merely as conversation. She sipped her drink as her mind laughed at her. 'She knows, pet,' it taunted her gleefully. 'She knows, and you will still never have her.'

[/html]
#nani01b { width: 400px; background: #fff url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/naniko01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 350px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#nani01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#nani01b .ooc { color: #acacac; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#nani01b b { color: #b88810; }</style>

Wow, you wrote a lot in that last one! I’m proud of you!! Big Grin Also, added a mature marker onto this thread because of the alcohol use and some language. wc: 751.

The pure wolf’s vision was starting to blur a little bit. The lighting didn’t help, casting long and twisting shadows across the floor and handmade table. She observed these shadows with a slight frown upon her muzzle, turning her head to the side. She wanted to guess which shadow came from which object. There was a large, blocky shadow on the ground…that was from the bed! And the bottle left a tall and straight shadow. The legs of the table were a little twisty in her eyes and she scooted back a bit to have a look at the table’s structure. Nope, they were straight. Or were they? No, they were, she decided. Must have been her eyes playing tricks on her and making her think that the shadows were more twisty than they actually were! How silly.

The way that Fiachra was addressing her pleased her. It was a stroke to her already large ego to be called “my lady”. It reminded her of a book that she had read that had been centered around medieval human times. Back then it had been commonplace for a member of the nobility or royalty to be called “my lady” or “my lord”, but she had rarely heard it used in these times. Her attention was next caught by the rosary that the Furcas held. Naniko could see it glinting in the slight light that entered the place but couldn’t make out any fine details due to the flickering of the fire. She hadn’t noticed Fiachra wearing the necklace before but would look out for it now that she knew it was there. As the female held out her hand Naniko could see the small cuts and scars that it had caused.

”Yes…you’d want to pick something that you don’t play with often. A weapon that you keep on you, but not too close to you. I have my poison-tipped daggers in metal sheaths so they won’t get me…the other is kept more out in the open.” She had thought about getting a sword or something of the like, but such things were rare to find and no one in the cult pack had owned one. If they had, she would have likely stolen it before she and her family had left that pack, just as she had stolen the daggers that she wore. ”You should choose something less sharp to nervously clutch onto” She advised, looking away from Fia’s palm and to the bottle once more. It was nearly gone; when had that happened?

”You’re drunk.” She said to Fiachra’s next words. Everyone looked prettier when someone had been drinking, she had discovered. She hadn’t known the new pack member long enough to know much of her history or anything about her sexual orientation, so it was a bold move for the female to have said such a thing to her. Still, there was alcohol involved and she wouldn’t take it too seriously. Nani was big for a wolf and even bigger as a luperci, towering over most that she stood next to. She was used to being called large, tall, or bulky, but beautiful wasn’t a word that often came out toward her. In the cult pack from which she and her family had come she had participated in one of the pack’s many sessions of group sex and had found a willing partner, but being chosen for a purely sexual purpose hadn’t made her feel beautiful. It had felt good physically, though, to participate in those acts.

Next came a question about whether she had a mate, and she nearly choked on her drink. Their conversation had turned serious rather quickly, and she wasn’t sure if she liked the change or not. Should she divulge that sort of information to Fiachra without demanding an explanation for the question itself? For what reason would she need to know whether Naniko had a mate or not? She was perhaps wondering about the rest of the leadership? ”Azalea is my co-leader, but not my mate. Just a close friend.” She and the black female had an odd friendship, but they somehow managed to get along. ”I’ve had two mates in the past, a murderer and a back-stabber, and don’t plan on taking a third.” Jade eyes came up to meet the oceanic color of her grayscale packmate’s. ”Did you leave someone behind when you left your home?” Some romantic interest or mate, herself? It was an eye for an eye with these questions.

[/html]
#fia02 { width: 400px; background: #fff url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/header02.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 350px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia02 h1 { color: #8f0000; font-size: 14px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold; margin: 0 15px; }
#fia02 p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#fia02 .ooc { color: #525243; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#fia02 .speak { color: #c33535; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

i can't escape the twisted way you think of me

Thanks! <3 SSWM: 733.

i feel you in my dreams and i don't sleep

The way Fiachra addressed her queen was natural to her. It was the way that things had been done where she had come from. There, even she had been 'my lady' to her pack, whereas her mother was usually 'your majesty'. She supposed she had been brought up rather differently than those around here, but she didn't really notice it very often. She had not heard many others address Naniko, so she was not aware of what anyone else referred to her as, only what was naturally for her to refer to the snow white queen as. As natural as hiding her eyes in respect, a practice that she was actually rather fond of. Her queen had all but given her permission to continue that tradition, and so she would, because it was comfortable for her. It made this place feel more like home, to keep some of her old customs. Just because she had not wanted to stay living with her family, did not mean she did not love them dearly. She certainly did. Always.

Fiachra laughed, very nearly bitterly. The words of her queen stung; what weapons? "I have no weapons, my lady," she said softly, almost sadly. She held up her rosary again. "I sharpened this with my sharpener for my carving knife, so that I might defend myself. I suppose my carving knife could be considered a weapon, but it is very dear to me. It was my daddy's before me." It occurred to her that she was talking a lot, and she hushed. It wasn't long before she was called to speak again, however. "I should. But I always played with this before I sharpened it. It's a hard habit to break. I don't mind the pain, really.." That was in understatement. She had grown to love it, in a horrifying way. She flipped the crucifix around in her hand slowly and smiled. Perhaps she loved it too much. Perhaps.. but she couldn't stop it.

The statement her queen made next, Fiachra thought, was rather obvious. "My lady, I am no more drunk than you are." She glanced at the bottle and laughed softly, finishing the cup she was on. "There was enough in that to get six people hammered, and then some. I should hope that I am drunk!" She didn't mind using all of her alcohol on this; her snow white queen was well worth it. She could always make more; there was some started currently, in fact. Perhaps they would do this more often now, if she could get Naniko hooked. Her tolerance for the sweet golden liquid was higher, due to drinking it far too often, but she was beyond drunk. She pushed her mane away from her face and laughed softly. It was a shame that Naniko thought that Fiachra would have to be drunk to find her beautiful. The words were out of her mouth nearly before she'd finished thinking them. "I thought you were pretty before I was drunk, my lady." She froze. Open mouth, insert.. whatever would fit to shut her up, really. Where was this coming from? She had never been so forward in her life.

She knew she'd struck a nerve with the next question, but she was, after all, drunk. She thought about the question asked of her and winced. She had never had a mate, not even an interest. Mating had been for grown-ups, and now that she was one, did she even want a mate? "You make having a mate sound rather unfortunate," she said dryly, pouring herself a bit more to drink. She sipped thoughtfully, then told her queen the truth. "I've never had a mate, my lady. Never even been.. ehm, with anyone.." - she spoke with a sharpness to her tone on that word, her jaw tightening a little - "..or at least, not by my own choice." She was bordering on disrespectful in the way that her tone warned against questions on this topic, daring her queen to press.

Shame washed over her, even as intoxicated as she was, and she winced. She lowered her eyes, covering them briefly. "I'm sorry, my lady. I ought not have spoken that way to you. That was out of turn." Her worry was obvious, and she searched Naniko's blurred face for a negative reaction, praying that she'd not angered her queen too much now.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

wc: 306

Maybe she would get Fiachra some weapons. She felt that every member of the pack should be able to protect themselves, but she didn't have much poison, just enough for herself for the moment. She'd have to wait until spring, when all the good plants would grow, and make some more of her potent batch. She often experimented on animals to see the effects of the poison on larger creatures, taking them out with a scratch or two of her poison-tipped dagger. She had gained valuable experience from her encounter with Izaak from Inferni, having stabbed him nearer to his heart. He'd died very quickly.

"So what if I am? I just...I can keep my wits about me. SOMETIMES!" She raised one hand to point up at the ceiling, laughing. "Sometimes it's a no, no I can't" She continued to laugh at her own words. At least the pure wolfess was a cheerful drunk. "Ohhhh..well. What? You like me? Or you want to DO ME? Because those are different...things!" She moved her arm as she gestured, catching it on the bottle and sending it crashing to the floor. It shattered upon impact, sending shards of glass every which way, and her eyes widened at the sound and sight.

"Awwwh fuck, what'd I do that for? I hitted it" Fiachra's apology was forgotten as she got down onto her knees. "OW, MY KNEE." She said as a shard became lodged into the skin on her knee. "And my handsie...it is hurt too now, how did I do that?" She giggled as she spoke, holding her hand out for Fia to see. She didn't even remember picking anything up with that hand yet, and yet a piece of glass could be seen clutched in her grasp. Blood welled up around the cut, dripping down onto the cave floor.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
#fiajames01 { width:400px;border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... atab-1.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:210px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ffedf2; }
#fiajames01 p { text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-size:10px;color:#39171f }
#fiajames01 .ooc { text-align:center;font-style:italic; }
#fiajames01 .speak { color:#a6685a;font-weight:bold; }
</style>

LOTS of powerplay! Let me know if I should change something. <3 SSWM: 1091 (jfc).

Naniko's words took her off-guard, and she simply stared for a few moments. Fiachra had never been asked such a direct question, not especially such a sexual one. While she formulated an answer, or attempted to at least, she watched the snow white queen knock the bottle off of the... wait, what? The bottle crashed off of the table and shattered. "Oh, fuck! My lady, watch out!" she tried to warn, but it was too late. Everything was moving in slow motion as Naniko knelt down, slicing herself open. Fiachra jumped up, carefully darting in and grabbing the bleeding queen, leading her out of the mess of glass and to the bed. "Stay here. Trust me," she demanded gently, sitting her queen down on the bed. She had never given a leader an order before, but she knew this was urgent. Clumsily, and slicing herself a few times as she went, she swept up the blood stained glass, pushing it into the furthest corner along with the broom. She would clean it up later. No time for that now. She needed to care for her queen, and she needed to do so now.

She grabbed her medic bag from beside the bed, placing it near Naniko and kneeling down in front of her queen. Using tweezers, albeit very slowly and clumsily, she removed the glass from her queen's wounds. As she did so, she spoke in a soothing voice. "It's all right, my lady.. very minor. This shouldn't hurt, if you're half as drunk as I am." Not the absolute best thing to say, but adrenaline could only do so much for being plastered like she was. She had sobered off in the chaos only enough to not do too much more damage when removing the glass from Naniko's wounds, but her hands shook, and she occasionally muttered something incomprehensible to herself. Her surroundings were still swaying and twisting, and she tried desperately to ignore them. As she fought to remove the last shard of glass, she turned to the table, shouting at it, "Please stop moving, Fedora! You are so distracting!" Even she was unclear, the moment afterward, why she had addressed her table using her sister's name. It had made sense at the time... ah, well.

All of the glass removed, Fiachra doused the wounds with alcohol. Again, she spoke soothingly, knowing Naniko would be able to feel the sting, if not in a very dull way, and hoping to keep her calm. "I just need to wash this out... so it doesn't get infu.. infra.. infected." The word stuck on her tongue and she fought to spit it out, winning at last. She took out a new bottle of absinthe and opened it, then laid her queen down on the bed and held her head up gently. "Take a big sip, my lady. I need to stitch this. Believe it or not, 'cause of the adray.. adurr.. uhm, 'cause we got scared, you're not drunk enough anymore." Her speech slurred and faltered a bit, and she wondered if she should really be taking a needle to her queen's skin. However, the cut on the knee would come open if Naniko moved, even if bandaged, and stitches would minimize the scars anyhow.

She helped Naniko take a few sips of the Golden Fairy, as it had been so aptly named, and then corked the bottle and put it away, hoping to avoid another mishap like this one. Then she soothed her queen as best as she knew how, humming softly as she rubbed a mild anesthetic onto the wound. Between the drunkeness and the anesthesia, Naniko ought not feel much. Then she threaded a needle with her special medical thread and slowly, carefully stitched the wound closed. Her vision doubled, then tripled as she did so, and she stabbed herself in the hand with the needle to snap herself out of it. Her pain cleared her mind for moments at a time, and after a while, the stitching was complete. Fiachra tied a knot in the thread, her hands trembling with effort and intoxication. Then she applied a healing salve and wrapped a linen bandage around the knee, tying that off as well. "Just rest," she whispered softly. "Almost finished..."

Now for the hands. She had sterilized those already, but she needed to examine them. No need for stitches or even bandages on those, which had only shallow scrapes. She applied the same salve to them, hoping to help them heal faster. This was of her own making, from plants and ingredients she had procured back home. Now, in the winter, it would be impossible to make more, but she had plenty. She finished and sighed, then realized for the first time that she had managed to get glass lodged in her foot. She had scarcely noticed any pain, but no wonder she had been able to stay so clear-minded - a relative term, truly - this entire time! She removed the glass, wincing with pain, and examined the cut. Not too deep. No need to stitch it. She poured her medical alcohol over it, gasping and gritting her teeth as stinging shot through the wound. It passed, and a feeling of intense pleasure followed. She glanced at Naniko, then poured a little more, repeating the experience. Her head flooded with powerful happiness, or something like it. Mm, pain...

No time for that now. She applied healing salve to her foot, then put her medic bag away. She sneaked a few sips of absinthe from the new bottle she'd given to Naniko for her stitching - this had sobered her off far too much, the room was scarcely spinning - and then slipped into bed with her queen and laid close enough for her to close the distance, if she so desired. The bed wasn't very big to begin with. She gazed at her queen with softness in her icy blue eyes, softness that almost brought them back to their original sky-blue. Almost.

She smiled slightly as she leaned down and whispered. "How are you feeling, my lady?" Her voice was weak as she was flooded with a mixture of emotions - desire, concern, adoration, more desire. Her mind was now replaying the moments leading up to this one, and the words Naniko had spoken rang clear in her mind. Oh, dear God, what was she doing? It didn't matter anymore. Tonight was so far beyond her control... best to just give up and enjoy it while it lasted.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

wc: 551

She was a dirty, dirty whore. She’d had no right to be talking to one of her valued members like that, using her leadership to bend Fiachra’s will and make her feel that she had to put up with such behavior from her just because she was a leader. She oughtn’t to have asked her that at all, to push the boundary even more. She should have let it drop. In her drunken state she was slightly more submissive, easily nodding and agreeing to stay where she was while Fiachra took care of a few things. Her mind was whirling with the possibilities of what might have happened if she hadn’t knocked the bottle over, if it hadn’t shattered on the floor and interrupted their conversation.

The lower pack member took her hand and examined her wound, shouting words at the table. This made sense to Naniko, that she would speak to the table; she didn’t know exactly how the bottle had ended up on the floor, but she had a feeling that that table had something to do with it. It was tilted or something! She shook her head. It needed a good reprimanding. She would come back in the morning and see to it that it was given no food for a few days until it chose to act better.

She attempted to speak the word that Fiachra was struggling with as the female stammered. ”Infatuated! No, that’s not right” The next thing she knew a bottle was being pressed to her lips and her world tilted to the side as she laid down on the bed. So much seemed to be happening to her at once, so many things that she couldn’t yet process. Fiachra was decidedly less drunk than she and Naniko found this puzzling. However, her mind wouldn’t allow her to wonder about much of anything for too long before it was diverted, moving like a train onto a brand new track.

A few drinks from the bottle had her feeling no better. She closed her eyes for a minute and allowed her packmate to manipulate her hand in whatever way she felt she needed to. Little pricks of pain still remained, but she felt certain that Fia would remove as much of the glass as she could before she did anything else. She was going to be a healer in the pack, right? Naniko closed her eyes and tried to relax, falling unconscious for a short period of time. When she awoke she found herself just as she had been before, but with a more sharp and painful feeling in her hand and a tension where before there had been none.

She tried to look at it, but it was already bandaged up. ”I think I was asleep..or something. I don’t remember the bandage being there before” She looked at Fiachra, who was laying beside her. From this angle it made her wonder if they were still sitting together at the table; last thing she recalled, she had been laying on the bed. Unless Fiachra had joined her on the bed. That made more sense. ”Ohh, shit. I didn’t mean to take your bed.” She said. ”Uhh..I don’t know how I am…I just feel funny. My head’s all swimmy—is your head all s-wimmy Fia?”

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
#fiajames01 { width:400px;border:1px solid #000000;background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... atab-1.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:210px;background-position:bottom center;background-color:#ffedf2; }
#fiajames01 .speak { color:#a60017;font-weight:bold; }
</style>

SSWM: 352.

The irony of Naniko's attempt to find the right word had not escaped Fiachra. It came back to her as she laid next to her queen, making her heart race. Infatuated. Yes, that was right. Fiachra was infatuated with Naniko. The reality was startling, but it was soon lost in the wave of drunken thoughts coursing through her mind. Her snow white queen was coming around, waking up, speaking to her. She reached out, pulled back.. reached again. Her fingers brushed against Naniko's cheek. She pulled back again, sense coming back to her. She fought her urges. This wasn't okay. What sort of trouble would she get herself into if she let herself continue this way?

She was quiet for a long moment after Naniko's voice stopped. Her own startled her, the sound soft and trembling. "You're fine, my lady. I put you here myself, and yes, you slept. You needed to be lying down to be stitched." She pointed to the bandages. "I stitched you up myself.. you'll be okay. The bandages will keep the wounds clean and help them heal." Obvious, obvious.. why was she talking? Just stop. But she didn't. She kept talking, and it felt like forever that she carried on. "My head's a bit funny, yep, it's the fairy! You like it? We won't remember this tomorrow, no ma'am!" The alcohol was talking again; with the crisis averted, she was now back to being thoroughly plastered. It was pleasant to say the least though. She liked being drunk.

Especially lying next to Naniko... oh, yes, especially...

'Stop that!' her mind yelled. 'She is your ALPHA!' She cringed. Her fingers had found their way to Naniko's mane, and she pulled back almost too quickly to be natural. "I'm sorry, my lady.." she whispered, her voice nearly a whimper. She didn't want to be in trouble with Naniko, she didn't want to make this awkward, but she wanted to touch.. just once more, and once more... oh, she could die for this, and die happy. But was it worth the price she might pay for her recklessness?

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

wc: 360

Ahh, that made sense. It was dark in the den but not too dark. Dark enough for her to feel comfortable enough to fall asleep, but light enough for her to make out Fiachra's expression through the space between them. Her heart raced, thudding uncomfortably in her ears as she stared at her across the distance. She didn’t say anything for a few minutes after her pack mate stopped speaking, unsure of what she could say. Thank you? ”I like the fairy” She said instead.

What was it about this encounter that made her heart beat so? She couldn’t understand it. Even when she was with Ravesqu e she hadn’t felt this swayed by emotion. He hadn’t made her that nervous or brought this type of a response from her heart ever before. She could only ever remember feeling this way when she had been with a female. Perhaps that was the issue there. Her times with Anu, when she had been mated to the female, had been full of passion.

”I won’t rememember this?” The leader repeated. Would Fiachra remember it? She’d been sober enough to stitch her up. And from the feel of things, she’d done a damn good job. It would be a shame for her not to remember such craftsmanship in the morning. Naniko felt a light touch against her long, braided mane and she nearly jumped, an electric shock shooting through her body. She could swear that her heart had stopped for a moment. There was something that she could do to make things better…

She reached down with her uninjured hand to free it from its band, uncoiling the braid and allowing her locks to flow free. It kinked in places in soft, light waves. If she had been standing, it would have reached past her tail, it was so very long. She looked to Fiachra once more before reaching for the other female’s hand, attempting to replace it where it had touched before. ”I should cut it sometime. I keep letting it grow.” Naniko breathed in, eyes falling for a moment before coming back up to meet the icy ones of the other.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
#fiajames01 .speak { color:#a60017;font-weight:bold; }
</style>

SSWM: 325.

Fiachra smiled softly, her eyes fixated on Naniko's form. She could feel where this was leading, where her queen was leading her, so why was she resisting? She let go of her inhibitions, one by one, as her mind's protests faded from screams to whispers to nothing. She let Naniko place her hand, her breath coming short and ragged now as her desires took a firm root and tugged on her to do more. She ran her fingers through the other woman's mane, whispering softly as she did, "No.. it's beautiful. Leave it.." Her fingers wove and tangled themselves deeper into the waves of hair, Fiachra's eyes locked on those of her snow white queen, ignoring all rules of conduct and respect now.

Before she realized what she was doing, she had moved closer, slipped her free arm around Naniko's waist, her eyes not blinking, her breath coming in shallow gasps now. She tugged her intoxicated leader closer to her, lowering her head to nuzzle into her neck gently. "You won't remember this at all," she whispered at last, her mind racing. Should she back off? Not take advantage? No, she had asked for this, with her actions, with her eyes... it was all willing, it was all consented to, even if neither of them was particularly in any state to be giving consent at the moment. There was nothing wrong with this.. nothing wrong...

A flicker of fear entered Fiachra's mind as she remembered her past, the only other time she had ever been so close to another. But that had been different.. forced.. this didn't feel forced, didn't feel painful or violent or wrong. In fact, nothing had ever felt so right. Fiachra closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She would go wherever Naniko would go, she would follow her anywhere, give her anything. And if this was what her snow white queen wished for, then she would have exactly this.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

end? You can reply again if you want XD wc: 386

Her body began to warm up with Fiachra’s next to her. The alcohol was still raging through her system, which also helped to heat her up a bit. Fia’s hand went into her hair, fingers running through it, and she felt a sudden shudder. It was nice to have someone touching her hair, actually; she had always enjoyed the feeling of having someone else playing with it. She concentrated on each move that the other female was making, her body feeling more than sensitive to every touch and graze of her fingers.

She had her own inhibitions about intimacy. She hadn't been with a female, especially one that she had felt such passion for, in a very long time. She didn't know if it was the alcohol that was making her want to do these things with Fiachra or if these were things that she had already been thinking about doing before she started to drink. Either way, whatever happened happened. She didn't want to deny herself these special feelings if Fiachra was willing; the female had led her to this road and she was deciding to walk down it.

She enjoyed the feeling that alcohol and drugs gave her. Naniko was an addict for the reason; she chased her high. She knew the dangers of drugs and knew that they weren't good for her body, but so far nothing bad had happened to her body because of them and she wasn't about to stop. Scorpius had come out alright despite her drug use early in the pregnancy, before she had realized that she was going to have pups. Maybe certain drugs had certain effects on newborns. She didn't know.

Naniko realized that she wasn’t taking full breaths, her air coming in quiet huffs. Fiachra’s arm was around her now and she took action of her own, allowing her own hand to drift up and down the side of the other and then a little farther down, gracing the curve of her buttocks. There was a lot of seriousness in the situation, but a grin came onto the Angela’s face when she pulled her hand back, giving the gray wolf a light spank. Afterward she left her hand there, fingers rubbing and massaging. Tonight would be a good night indeed, whether she remembered it or not.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]