I'll sing you a song of the fish in the sea
[html]

I've been looking forward to using this title for days. Big Grin For some reason, it makes me laugh every time I see it. Sorry for the monster post.

Contrary to what Ambrose had expected, the trip to Cercatori D'Arte had taken all day, rather than just the few hours a fellow traveler had told him it would take. By the time he did reach the area close to the pack of artists, night had fallen yet again, and the terrier was starting to regret not having brought any thicker clothing with him when he first came to Nova Scotia. Sitting himself down near the borders again, he started to think about what his plan would be. After encountering two different packs, he was beginning to get a feel for the border etiquette here. This was not something he had ever really had to think about before, as the port cities he was accustomed to put less focus on single pack identities and more on the trade opportunities provided by the mixing of many different packs, tribes, nations... He had seen so many different kinds of organization, very little surprised him anymore.

As he sat, Ambrose found himself wondering what kind of organization would appeal to a pack of artists, as he had heard this pack was. Certainly, he thought, they would place a heavy emphasis on individual talent, and he realized that perhaps having some sort of gift would improve his chances of being granted an interview with a pack member. Perhaps he could even trade the gift for a warm cloak to keep him warm on his journey around the peninsula... Assuming that he did not decide to settle with this pack, of course. His decision would rest on the information he would soon discover.

After some time of looking through his belongings, Ambrose pulled out an old piece of scrimshaw he had started a few weeks ago. He examined the bone carefully, considering the etching on its surface, then nodded and held the small piece of artwork in his hand. He was not exactly an artist, but he did know how to draw ships, and the one etched into the bone's surface was one that he felt proud enough of to trade in port. This was not exactly a port city, but perhaps he could still manage to exchange the scrimshaw piece for some information, rations, and a bit of warm clothing.

<style type="text/css">
.ambrose-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f7fa7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ambrose-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ambrose-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ambrose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c2d0d3; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... table1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 296px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#222e3e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 411 +3 OOC: I didn’t see anywhere that he howled so I hope this is ok, and if I read over a howl tell me so I can slap myself lol.

Patrolling Cercatori’s borders was Shawchert’s main job, it seemed his only one at the moment, though he was helping Valinta with her home. It was mostly finished, he did have to put a few touches on it, and he was sure that she’d enjoy it for some time, but it was mostly finished so it seemed he had little to do now. But play his music. That was what he was doing now in fact. He had a slow mellow song, as it was reflecting his mood, it was a calm day and he wasn’t as overly excited lately, his energy was at a low, possibly due to the fact he had taken to eating less. Their stores were still quite low and he had troubles in the hunt. He wanted the others to be fed, though he ate, just not as much as he would when the food was plentiful. He played his music quite happy that the borders were quiet today, but it seemed that it wasn’t going to be entirely quiet, he saw movement ahead, and he stopped playing his music for a few seconds. It seemed there was a … it couldn’t have been a wolf… a dog? Well that must be it, he was just sitting there. Shaw played the tune lightly now thinking… this man was not stepping past Shaw’s boundaries, nor was he walking away either, he wondered what was going on and if the man was ok. He could easily tell the man was older than him, by many years so he thought, as he moved forward, how he was going to approach this man.

Hello, I couldn’t help but see you sitting here, and asked myself what would someone be doing sitting here alone?

His words were smooth as they came out of his mouth, making him feel quite proud of himself. That should be a good start.

My name is Shawchert Menue by the way.

He said, it was only polite to introduce himself to his elder, and he gave the man a bow. Though the man in front of him was an older canine he still seemed to be just leaving his own prime. A dog, for that was what he was, who still had a little kick in him. Shawchert wouldn’t really know that until he got to know the fellow though and the first step was learning his name. Then the canine’s reasons for being where he was.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I don't think I actually wrote in a howl, so it's ok. Smile

Ambrose was stirred from his thoughts by the sound of a flute playing somewhere in the forest. He perked up his ears to listen to the melody, which came closer to him, until a large red wolf came into view, with the instrument in hand. As he approached Ambrose raised a hand to wave slightly to the man, letting him know that he meant no harm.

"Good evening," he said. "I'm looking for someone from the pack that lives here... As you are, I assume? That's a fine melody, by the way." Introductions were best done standing, so Ambrose did just that, wanting to greet the wolf with a little more dignity. Only after he stood did he realize just how much taller the other man was compared to him. Looking up at him, he returned the bow, moving a paw with a gesture towards his chest. "The name is Ambrose Llywelyn. I'm looking for a place to settle down, and I thought I would try to learn about all the packs that I could before making my decision. I'd be honored if you could help to orient me a little and perhaps tell me something of your pack. A sales pitch, I suppose." Then, his choice of words reminding him of his thought about the cloak, he added, "I also wondered if there might be a trade opportunity... I don't have much, just some tales and a bit of ivory, but I do need some new clothes for the winter and am willing to trade for them."

<style type="text/css">
.ambrose-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ambrose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c2d0d3; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... table1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 296px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#222e3e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 434 +3 OOC: yeah I’m not so great with the persuasion my self like the IC character shaw should be and it’s 5am bare with me hahahaha

The man seemed quite taken by Shaw’s flute, but that’s how it was and Shawchert didn’t mind. He was good at something and at least he was able to get praise for it. Not everyone got such luxury.

Ah I am from this pack, in fact I am the founder and Alpha of it. You are looking upon Cercatori D’ Arte, and my name is Shawchert. It is wonderful to meet you.

He said, so he was to try and sell this man rights to the pack? That sounded like a very interesting and fun challenge to the tall man. The shorter one seemed fairly well enough and Shaw could usually see things, though not always. He smiled.

Well we are seekers of art, though we do not make everyone an artist of anything, they do that themselves. We accept anyone else of course, we are a peaceful pack with plenty of music and merrymaking, though we work as one, the duties of a normal pack still run through our veins and we keep each other safe and fed.

He said proudly, that’s what they have been doing since October when they were officially a pack, when they gathered together at the border tree and made their own mark.

I would be honored to have someone such as yourself join. There’s always something to be done in the pack, it’s still fairly new, but we’ve been working to keep our members very happy. If you want I can show you around?

At the man’s offer of trade, it seemed that Shaw’s ears perked a bit, and he smiled, trades were wonderful, a great thing for even someone who would not be joining his pack, though clothing was rare yet, and a cloak even more so, he knew Ouija had worked with leather, and so had some, but Shaw wasn’t one for such a thing, though he was sure he could find something that might fit the man’s needs.

What did you have in mind for winter clothes? There’s varieties, though I must say as we are still fairly new we aren’t fully ready, though I think we may have some pelts over at our hunting lodge, something that the humans have left behind that may work for you.

He said suddenly remembering the old wooden building that was counting as their storage area, he knew that if he traded the pelts that the humans made would be a rare loss, but as they had some who were capable of making better then he was sure to be good about how he traded such things.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ambrose dipped his head again in a half bow when the Alpha introduced himself. "A pleasure to meet you as well, Shawchert. I hope I am not too much of an intrusion upon your leadership duties." For an alpha male, the tall wolf had been very welcoming towards him, which was something Ambrose did not always find in encounters with highly ranked wolves. This made him feel much more warmly towards the pack, as he did not much care for the sharp rank divisions and border paranoia he had encountered with wolf packs in the past.

He listened to the alpha's description of his pack, nodding at appropriate points. He noted the hint of pride in Shawchert's voice and smiled. It hinted at a sense of unity that Ambrose would certainly enjoy in his packmates. "Well, I'm not exactly an artist, but I know a song or two and am good at making things that will last. And, of course, I am no stranger to music and merrymaking." He grinned. In response to the alpha's question, he said, "I would be glad to see some of the packlands, if that's not too much trouble. I understand you must have other duties to attend to as well, and I wouldn't want to keep you overlong."

At the man's last words, he considered his options for a moment before continuing. "Well... It's just that my own coat doesn't keep out the cold as much as it used to. Perhaps it's the weather here, or maybe-" He wrinkled his nose and shook his head. He had been about to say "maybe I am just getting older" but couldn't quite bring himself to say it. He was graying around the edges maybe, but he was not yet an old man who complained about the aches in his joints and the remarkable chill of what used to be a summer breeze. "Ah, no, it's not too much of a problem. If your people are short on supplies, it would a poor trade for me to take them from you, especially during the winter when resources are scarce. My own cotton clothing does not quite keep out the cold, but it's better than fur alone."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 368 OOC: <3

Ah no, my duties are quite few with my pack’s help, some news from the outside is always good.

He said, even if this man was joining his pack, he would have news here and there. He was a very protective wolf though, he did not care much for trespassers, so it was a good thing this man stayed on the border of it. He would not say that right in front of him, as there was no need. He spoke his own artistic abilities, though he thought they were not art, but Shaw knew that it all was.

Music, I don’t think I could live without it myself, what kind f music? You are a singer, or do you play instruments?

He asked curiously. He was a fan of the arts of all kinds, which was probably why he made Cercatori. He listened as the man spoke again and he smiled at the man’s humble words after he offered to show him around.

That’s ok, it’s why there’s a co leader, they help the leaders with whatever they need, and this, is just as important as any leader’s duties.

He said, motioning to the man then to the area itself. It was true, if someone was interested in joining his pack, he had to make sure he did what her could to make them know they would feel at home. He started moving into the packlands itself. He was sure that the man didn’t want a tour in the dark and the way Shawchert was going on it would be dark by the time he was done.

Well I think we can still find something for you, I don’t think I would rest at night if I know someone is out here freezing when I could help so we can go to the lodge, there are furs there to look at.

He said cheerfully, even if the man didn’t have anything to trade, he wouldn’t mind gifting someone in need. And it seemed the older male was in need of something much warmer than what he had. Shaw would have his conscience against him if he sent the old man away without something warm in the least.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]