Today's just another day.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.skyk b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a543a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyk p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyk {width:400px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/sky.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-color:#abb5be;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#524b4b;}
</style>

Anyone from any pack may join. :3 I don't plan on killing off Sky though, if we can avoid it. She's like... my only character.

And... +618 words! Big Grin NEW PERSONAL RECORD!

-------------------

Oops. Maybe this whole idea was a big mistake.

Sky sat up high in the tree, among the highest branches, looking around with worried eyes to try and find something she recognized. Sure, following a scent was easy-peasy. But trying to track that scent when the cold weather had decided to mess with your health? Girl had a sinus cold, god dammit! It felt terrible, and now, after trying to impress the pack with a good winter's hunt, little halfling had gotten herself utterly lost.

It had been quite a challenge getting up this high into a pine tree, and she felt the stupidity of her idea seeping in with every scrape and cut she now had. This place was horrible! Cold, dark, wet and muddy, she'd easily lost her own scent, what little of it she could smell, and now nothing smelled like anything above the steely scent of her own cuts.

Her eyes didn't catch anything of interest from where she sat high up on a bending branch. Even if they had, she didn't have time to get in a good look, because... snap! Branch cracked under her weight as she leaned out a bit, and poor girl went crashing down like a rock. With a heavy thud, she hit the padded needle floor and let out a cry of shock and discomfort. It took a few seconds of just laying there, staring up at the canopy, for Sky to realize she'd fallen so far, and that now she was sore and muddy on top of lost and scratched up. She scowled. Great. Now what?

Sitting up, and shaking the needles off her back with a few skin-only flicks of her fur, our little Optime-formed mistress of music looking around, considering the few options she had left. One; she could sit around, wait, and hope for a rescue to come along, preferrebly from Cercatori D'Arte and not some other unknown pack. Two; she could wander and try and find her way out of the thick woods, but that would mean leaving her own territory, if she hadn't already done so. Three; she could howl for help, though she doubted her voice would break very far with how dense the tree here were. Four; she could wait for death to claim her, be it by starvation or exposure. A sad fate for a lovely young girl, but her overdramatic mind made it a surprisingly likely option.

...Shaw and Skye are bound to have a mighty laugh at this one when I get home. That scowl became worse, brows pursed together and lips tight. Her ears flicked around for sounds, but she heard nothing. Not just nothing of interest; other than the very slight wind and very distant cry of a chickadee, girl was surrounded in an eerie silence, one that cut her nerves like butter. ...it's so.. dead here. Eyes wandered around for movement, but nothing but the trees held any sort of life, and even then, only the slightest flick of a needle in the highest branches caught her eye. ...how can anyone want such a horrible place?

Making up her mind, if only to bring some sort of sound to the area, Sky stood and shuddered, hugging her arms around herself to try and keep from doing so again. "...I guess... it's better than nothing... right?" Clearing her throat, she tossed her head back and let out a sweet, sing-song howl, one she was famous for. It normally carried easily, but this time, the trees seemed to eat away the echoes, leaving only empty air after the cry. "...woah... creepish." Settling down on the fallen branch, she sighed, tucking tight. ...I hope someone heard me.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: I'm bein a whore and stealing this. I know his rank isn't changed yet but Mars is in Cda as of Dec 31, can we make this thread on the 2nd? If not, then i can date a different thread to be a different date.

There were few things that were on the man's mind at the moment, the most important being that he was moving from his home in CDM to his new one in CdA. Perhaps if his father hadn't left, he would still have been attached to the French pack, but since the Russian father left the American son, Mars figured it was time to move on. Orin herself had invited him, and he had been glad to know that this pack was much more suited for the artist that he was. He simply was not happy doing else, nor was he really good at doing anything else. He just couldn't put his heart into it. Anyways, what he was doing at the moment in his secui form was pulling his clothes plus whatever stuff he still had back in Lunenburg. He'd done this trip about twice now, so he knew where to go, or at least he pretended that he knew how to get there and back, if he got lost, then it wouldn't be the first time that he was stupid enough to get lost. He was quite confident now that he was good enough to do the trip without getting lost.

The wolfdog was actually quite cold in this weather, his wrists being the most frozen parts of his body simply because he had no hair where his tattoo was, and then he also was missing hair where his scars were. He'd been smart enough to put the scarf around his neck successfully before changing into his secui form, but his clothes were simply too uncomfortable in his secui form so he had to strip those beforehand and pull those home on the sled along with Bartholomew's books, Mars' fabrics, as well as some more of Mars' books. Mars also took a chair from his house and was bringing that along with him. It was nothing but a little stool so it didn't weigh too much, for Mars already took the heavier things the day before. Mars pulled his little sled in his secui form, looking much like the olden days of when dogs used to pull the sleds for the humans, but obviously, without a human, and only him instead of a whole team of dogs. Mars only needed him. Anything that was heavy was carried by Vox.

So, Mars was trotting along, the little sled being carried behind him, him harnessed to it with this old red harness that was made by his devil mother. A scent would cross his path to 'wake' him up. It made him stop focusing on his walking and stop and look around. His icy blue eyes looked around until it landed on blood stained snow. Mars cocked his head. Someone was bleeding? Scarred nose had been pointed at it, and he took in the deeper scent of it. His tri-colored head would suddenly rise and he would look around and try to find where the blood had come from. Not too far off, a howl would call to the air, feminine. Mars silently continued to move towards the howl, and would peek from behind a tree to see a wolvess sitting on the ground, hurt, muddy. She smelt distinctly of D' Arte. ...Hello... Uhm..I suppose you need some help.. the man spoke, as he had taken a few steps forward to reveal his full body as well as part of the sled. He twisted around quickly to where he could unlatch himself from the sled, which he quickly did before he took to changing into his Optime form. It took him a good two minutes to completely change into his optime and once he was situated, he walked over to the woman (it felt weird for him to be naked, especially in front of a stranger, but he didn't really have the time to deal with him being embarrassed at his scars.) The harnessed man knelt down in front of the woman and held his hand out to help her up. What happened to you? the man asked, cocking his head lightly at the woman.

<style type="text/css">
.marsfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d3cbc2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #081639; }
.marsfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb3c0; text-align:center;}
.marsfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.marsfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#424f6e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #081639; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb3c0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.marsfreebe01-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.marsfreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #081639; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
SSWM: 683

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyk {width:400px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/sky.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-color:#abb5be;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#524b4b;}
</style>

+363 -- Well I guess. Smile Fine with me, either way.

-------------------

To be honest, she wasn't expecting someone to find her. When he spoke, she jerked out of her thoughts and recoiled, blue eyes snapping over to him. Damn this forest; even pawsteps were drowned out here. The male wasn't someone she knew, so Sky instantly felt nervous. She couldn't judge his scent with her condition, and it left him to be a complete stranger. Still, he offered a hand to help her up, asking how she'd gotten this way. Sky resisted the scowl that played at her lips a bit.

Then the pretty girl's voice was heard, soft and sweet by nature. "...fell out of the tree." Young hybrid pointed up at the broken branches, some still dangling from their bases by the bark. Strangely, she wouldn't take his hand, only curling tighter. She wasn't home, this wasn't someone she knew, and she was injured. For all she knew, he could've been part of that new pack, the ones with tempers. "...got lost, decided to find my way by means of a high vantage point... who're you?" Well, she was almost polite.

Lip off to the stranger. Totally a good idea. Maybe, after you're done insulting him with your attitude, he'll offer to take you out to tea! Sky's face showed signs of sudden worry, and she tucked tighter still, tail curling around her feet. "Ah, sorry, if the tone was bad." She glanced up at him, taking in his markings and features. Boy looked to be a mix like herself, maybe carrying husky somewhere down the lines. He was older, and taller too, with contrasting fur at least on his face. And oh, the scars. She almost lingered on them, but got smart, hopefully before he noticed, and pulled her eyes back to his face.

"I'm... um.. I'm Sky. Sky Katruk." If his hand was still stretched out for her to grab, girl would now gladly take it, and with his help, stand. If not, she did so without, brushing off once on two feet. Didn't do much help; her fur was wet and soon she'd start to feel the cold enough to shiver. She'd of course act as if she were fine, but blood be told, girl was bound to show it eventually.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: yey, thanks! <3

The woman explained that she fell out of the tree, and she had not taken his hand. His ivory hand had retreated to his side, and his head had tilted up as she had pointed up at the trees. He looked at the broken branches and frowned. Ouch he mentally cringed before his eyes slowly made their way down to the woman. She continued to speak, and Mars' two ears fell back lightly on his head. He awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to do with his hands since she had refused his help once. The man nervously licked his lips and fiddled with his fingers for a moment before he glanced over to his sled that he was pulling before. She'd ask him who he was, and he turned his head back to her. I'm Mars Russo. I'm of D'Arte. Just joined a few days ago.. the man spoke, hoping that her hearing that he was of her pack, that it would make her at least somewhat comfortable with him.

She apologized for her tone. Mars shook his head. It's fine. the man dismissed the apology. I figure I would be in a bad mood after falling out of a tree too.. the man spoke, trying his hardest to be as nice as possible. He couldn't afford to be mean to a fellow pack member, as well as the fact that she was hurt. Taking advantage of her would look bad on his person as well as on his pack life. He was almost uncomfortable with the way she looked at him, taking in his whole naked appearance. He felt naked, exposed, and he had to stop himself from physically trying to cover himself up. The woman then would tell him her name. Another Sky. This wasn't Collins though, this was Sky Katruk. Mars nodded his head lightly. He'd have to remember that there were two and when he was talking about one or the other, he would have to make sure he had specified which one. It's nice to meet you. The circumstances are not favorable in your situation, but it's a pleasure to me still. the man spoke, calmly as he could without stumbling over his words like an idiot.

She was going to get up, and Mars outstretched his hand once more, and helped the woman onto her two feet to where she stood to her full height. She was smaller than he, which made him wonder what heritage she was. She looked wolf, but also muttled with dog more than likely. The wolfdog man had let go of her hand once she was situated on her feet. I take it you need help getting back to D' Arte? You did say you were lost... the man spoke, figuring that he could help her get back there. He also noticed that her fur was wet, and he looked back at his sled for a second, knowing that his leather jacket was warm and big enough for the woman to wear. The other part was if he was nice enough to actually let her use it. He licked his lips again before he looked back to the woman. Would you like a jacket? You look cold.. why so nice Mars? She doesn't have anything of knowledge that you want. So why?

<style type="text/css">
.marsfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d3cbc2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #081639; }
.marsfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb3c0; text-align:center;}
.marsfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#424f6e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #081639; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb3c0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.marsfreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #081639; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
SSWM: 554

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

+260 Bleh, short.

-------------------

Mars, huh? He claimed to have just joined her, or rather, Shaw's pack, which made sense. Good, a friend then. She was quiet as he forgave her attitude, and gave her an excuse for it, which brought the slightest bit of a smile out of her. But, oh, she was distracted! Her fur was muddy, wet and matted at this point, and with a sideways glance at her tail, she realized she must've looked horrible right then. But sure enough, older male mentioned it being nice to meet her, then offered her help. She looked at him for a moment, just his face, then smiled that beautiful smile of hers.

"Guess my scent isn't all gone, then." Referring to his assumption to her being in D'Arte. He went on to offer her a coat, and she perked her ears, following his gaze to the sled. "I'm fine for now. You might need it more than me, and my fur's thicker than it-" She trailed off with a weird face, mouth open in a tiny 'o' and eyes wide, for a second she held, then she sneezed.

Sky froze for a moment, the straightened her head again, scrunching her nose up; this time, a cute expression of slight discomfort. "...looks. Okay, that hurt." No wonder; tiny scratches were on her nose from the fall, there before, but not noticed until now from the cold. "Ah... heh, you know the way back, you said?" Brushing long light-brown hair out of her eyes, she smiled up at him, hoping he'd ignore the sneeze.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: sky is cute lol :'D

The woman smiled at him as he gave an excuse to her for why she would be snappy at the moment, and the smile did give him a signal that she was at least happy that he was here to help her. She accepted his help, which Mars was happy that she did, because that meant that he was at least doing something right. She smiled at him again, this second smile was bright enough for Mars' own face to respond with a little smile of his own. He stood there still though, waiting for her to continue speaking. Mars was normally a quiet sir, so it had been time for him to be so. She rejected the coat, but was interrupted by a sneeze. Her body was obviously telling her that she did want the coat and Mars figured that the woman might get a cold if she didn't get some type of warmth going on, and to get her fur dry. The sneeze was over in an instant and she continued with her sentence. He didn't say anything at first, so she continued to speak, asking him that he said that he knew the way back. Mars nodded his head and then turned to his sled for a moment. He pulled at his harness neck, trying to get it more comfortable so he didn't have to change back into his Secui form. He loosened a few of the other straps while he was at it, all while revealing his last scar that sat on his back, a simple heart that laid there bald where the heart was etched in, but fur where it should have been colored in.

Once his straps were comfortable again, the man had walked over to his sled, taken his leather jacket off of it, and then he walked back over to the woman. Here. Those sneezes will get worse, and you'll get sick if you don't keep warm.. the man spoke to the woman, not really taking no for an answer. Least, not wanting to take no for an answer. Mars didn't feel like he needed the coat at the moment, so he had no problem really with letting her use it. Mars had a thought for the woman to answer for him if she knew the answer, he figured that she would know because she was an older member so he was not afraid to ask. Hey...Do you guys have bathtubs anywhere in D' Arte? the man asked, figuring that he could take a nice hot bath when they got back in case they did have it. The man was really good at heating up baths since he had been doing so for a very long time. I can heat up a bath for you if you do. the man offered, so kindly, even though his voice didn't seem caring, rather it was emotionless. He then turned away from the woman again, grabbed the ropes to his sled and hooked them to his hips, where his harness ended.

He'd then turn to the east and point. It's this way to D'Arte. the man spoke, moving towards the woman on his two legs and he looked at her with his icy eyes. Are you good to walk, or would you like to ride? the man asked, offering her a spot on the sled if she wanted to sit on it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
SSWM: 566

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

+460 Heh. I dunno. MPD wolfdogs are pretty cool...

-------------------

Sky smiled when he nodded. Goodie! She could go home, dry off, and warm up infront of her new fire pit! A flash of memory caught her mind's eye, of her standing behind her couch, brushing Shawchert's hair and speaking softly. That had been a brilliant moment, where for just a couple seconds, she could relax perfectly around him, and he'd relaxed as well. The moment she remembered the alpha standing like a bolt, she snapped out of her thoughts, spotting the wolfdog male a few paces away, back turned to her.

That scar. She'd noticed the others, on his wrists and legs, but that was looked like a carving! What kind of person would carve scars into a wolf's skin? She grimaced a moment, then flushed the face away with a small smile when he turned back to her. He'd grabbed that damn coat and offered it, no, pushed it at her. With a defeated sigh, she nodded. "If only to stop those damn sneezes. My nose hurts." Sky's tone wasn't matching her movements very well. She slipped the jacket on, a few sizes big on her, and held it closed. "...Thank you, Mars."

He asked her a question, and she looked at him as if he'd asked her how pups were made. "Uhm.." He went on to explain why, and she sighed. Oh. Well, that's kind of him. Even though her ears heated up with what could've been a noticable blush at the idea she got in her head, girl shook her head and laughed softly. "If we didn't have tubs, I think half the pack would be driven insane by now. I've got a nice deep one at my house. It's downstairs, so it's easy to put water into it. I still need to rig some sort of water system though. Not easy to do if we've no good supplies. Kind of wish I were in Europe whenever I think about doing it."

That charmingly soft laugh sounded from her lips again, and she followed along beside him, a pace or so behind. "I'm okay to walk. This isn't really as bad as it looks." She indicated to her wounds, tiny scratches and one rather annoyingly bad gash on her leg. Though she had the slightest limp, she knew she'd be fine until she got home to clean and mend her injuries. "Say... Mars? Can I ask you something?" Shyly, she added, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I don't want to bring back any bad memories... but... where did that scar on your back come from?" She made a heart with her hands, to indicate which one she was talking about. "Again, you don't have to answer. I'm just curious is all."

[/html]
[html]

ooc: lol thanks Big Grin

She made his jacket look huge. If Mars had any regard for the opposite sex, then he would have smiled and called her cute because of the fact that the jacket was oversized on her and it did look cute in a way. She thanked him for the jacket and he nodded his head and gave her a small smile. You're welcome. the man spoke back to her. When he had asked if they had any tubs, she seemed shocked or something, and he cocked his head for a slight moment before she had given him a good answer. She had one in her house, but she didn't have any really easy way to get water into it. Mars figured that there wouldn't be, but he knew of a way to get water and transport it back. If the tub is small enough, we can put it on my sled and then get water and pull it back and then heat it. the man offered the idea to the woman, nodding his head lightly. Mars would love to get in a bath after this little adventure. There was nothing like a nice hot bath, simple as that. Mars loved hot baths, they were the best kind hands down. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Not only were they refreshing, but romantic if he was a suitor (in which he'd pass just because he was not concerned about being with anyone).

The two then would start to walk towards where the packlands were at. Mars had descended onto his fours, but stayed in his optime form. He just found it easier to pull the sled while he was on all fours rather than on two. There was a little bit of silence between the two for a moment before the woman spoke again, asking him if she could ask a question. Mars nodded his head, telling her that she could ask him a question. She then went ahead and asked the question, and made a hand signal to make it look like the heart that was on his back. His mismatched ears fell back on his head and he licked his lips. Mom did it to me. he quickly and quietly admitted, his eyes falling to the floor, then to the road ahead of them. Then he was silent. Awkwardly silent perhaps. He didn't really believe in awkward silences. He was comfortable in silence.

He walked along on his fours, simply walking, thinking about nothing, and in complete silence. Randomly he decided to bring up something. Europe? You lived there or somethin'? the man asked, curious as to where in Europe she was from if she was from Europe. His father was from Russia, and that was pretty close to Europe as far as he knew, so he wondered how different things were there than they were here. Where are you from? the man curiously asked as he walked a normal pace to the right of the woman.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
SSWM: 500

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

+400!-- On a side note; Sky is very intelligent when it comes to human-related topics. She's smart enough to probably generate electricity if she found herself a windmill or water wheel. Not that she can ever put it to use, mind you.

-------------------

Whoo! Awkward! Sky became silent, biting her lower lip as he answered her question. She looked down at him walking on all fours, then did the same, surprisingly graceful doing so despite not favoring the method. At least it brought more weight off of her sore leg, and now she was almost level with him. It felt weird to be talking down to someone older and more travelled than she was. His own mother... ouch. I thought mothers were kind and caring to their children? She shook it away as he brought up Europe.

"Me? No, I've only ever been in Canada. I was born in Ontario, and then travelled here with my sister after our mother died." She wished she could feel remorse for it, but girl had been too young to remember more than her mother's scent. "Dusk and I seperated half a year back, and after that, I came to meet Skye, and join Cercatori D'Arte." She'd been in the pack for a while now, no longer a new face compared to all the others.

The thought of it brought a small laugh out of her. "I'm so shy, I've only met three people in my pack officially, other than you now. Valinta, Skye and... and Shawchert." She smiled a bit half-liddedly at the mention of his name, but shook it off. For some reason, it didn't feel right at that moment to be swooning over her love interest. Not in front of a male, anyway.

"What about you? I've never heard a name like Mars given to a Luperci before. Are you named after the planet or the god perhapes?" If young miss Sky was anything, she was well read. Girl loved books. She collected those old human books, the ones that told her stories of the past, and how it used to be. She knew how to hotwire a car, or how to build a lean-to.

She even knew how to steralize things like needles and thread to use for surgery. Girl was a genius! Too bad she'd never admit it, and too bad most of the stuff she knew was too old and worn to put into good use. Breaking out of her thoughts, and my lousy narration, she turned to look at him. "Say, you joined D'Arte, right? What sort of art skill do you do well in?" Oh look, another lovely question.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Big Grin little smarty pants. Mars is quite educated in human fashion and art, as well as music. He knows some things about taking care of livestock and he knows how to cook and make bread from his mother's teachings.

His mother was always mean to him because of what he was. The mutt was just that, a fucking mutt. His mother did not believe in impure children, and she must have been drunk enough to mistake his father for a huge husky or something because Rurik was more wolf than he was husky. He didn't know of the story of his conception, but all he knew was that he was hated because he was ugly in his mother's eyes. The only things he could really thank the woman for was the rigorous training and preparing she did of the boy for living on his own, or at least she brainwashed him enough to make him an efficient being, a being of many different things. She also made him into many different beings...literally. She successfully made her son insane, and then by not chasing him when he went off, she had released him into the world, so that the world would know what kind of monster she was, at least...The monster she was to him. She didn't abuse her other idiot sons and daughters. Only poor little Cali-crybaby. Only poor little Marsy-poopface. The names got worse as he got older, from Cali-crybaby to Cali-cuntface and from Marsy-poopface to Marsy-shitlicker. Lyndi let the names get worse, and she would be involved in making up the name in the first place sometimes.

The woman had spoken of where she was from, and she was from here, Canada. Not from Nova Scotia, but from Ontario. Mars believed that he had passed through there at some point in time, but he wasn't there for too long, wanting his trip to be as short as possible so he would continue as far as he could until he had to stop for Vox's sake. Mars nodded his head and listened to her as she talked on of how her sister and her split ways after awhile, then she joined D'Arte. Mars was still silent though, simply listening and walking alongside the woman, steel eyes peering straight ahead. He listened pretty closely though, and he nodded his head a few times before she had spoken about how she was shy and only met Shawchert, Skye, and Valinta. Mars had only met one of three of those people, and that was Skye. I met Skye too...Not anyone named Shawchert or Valinta. I also know the woman with the pink dreads, Orin. the man spoke, telling her that she was his third person that he was meeting from the pack.

The woman asked him where his name came from, as far as what he was name after. I dunno why my mom named me "Mars". I believe it was for it's dual meaning of it, that being "male", the gender. the man explained, shrugging his shoulders. I doubt it was the god reason, because she hated me. Simple as that. the man revealed, snorting lightly as he placed one padded hand in front of the other, his curled tail raised over his back like his doggish ancestry would allow. I'm from America, the state of California. The City of Angels is where I spent a lot of my time...After I got away from mom in Fresno. he didn't go too far into detail, for he was not willing to. Came to Nova Scotia after awhile to find my dad, but he ended up going back to Russia. he left out the fact that he was part of Cdm or that he did see his father when he was here. The only thing mattered to him was that the man was not here now, nor was Mars in Cdm anymore. She didn't need to know everything about him, so he wasn't going to offer information that was not important to him.

Wow was Sky a talkative one, for she had yet another question racked up and shot at him. She asked him what he did in the pack, how he pretty much got into there. I'm a musician. I play guitar, violin, and piano. he spoke cooly, a small grin forming on his lips. What about you? the man returned the favor with her own question reversed on her. How clever you are Mars...No, not really, don't get too excited there now, my friend.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
SSWM: 712

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

+291!-- SHORT POST WARNING! D8

-------------------

She listened intently, though frowning as he told her how his mother had hated him. Between lines, she murmured, "I like the god meaning better..." Sky was such an affectionate girl, always wanting to make people feel comfortable and never wanting them to be upset or feel unloved. Maybe someday, she'd make a good mother, but for now, she was just the caring little nurse of the pack... not even, just the songbird.

So he was from America? That was a ways away, and last she checked, it was also slightly more advanced than Canada was. It would've explained the bathtub thing; usually wolves in her pack just groomed themselves or used a river in the warmer weather. No running water, at least in town. And oh! His dad went back to Russia, hm? She smiled softly, a sort of sad expression. "That's part of the reason I seperated from Dusk, actually. She was always looking for our father. I didn't know him, cause he left before I was born, but he and Dusk had been close." She shrugged a bit and flicked an ear.

Mars played violin! And guitar! Two of Sky's favorite sounds, aside from the flute. She grinned. "I've always wanted to learn Guitar. A few others in the pack play it too." She was then asked what she did, and as if it wasn't a big deal, she shrugged. "I sing, but that's about it. Shawchert, that's the male leader, by the way, says I can paint well too, but honestly, I don't agree. All I can do with art is sketch still life badly and doodle the occasion tattoo design." With a smirk, she added, "All of which, by the way, are usually simple tribal stuff."

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The woman had murmured something under her breath, and luckily the man was close enough to hear at least three words. "like", "god", and "better". He didn't get the words in between that because he had a tendency to stop listening in the middle of a sentence, or he forgot to listen. It was something along those lines. Anyways, he filled in the blanks with what he figured she had told him but he didn't say anything, but a small, faint grin traced his handsome lips as he walked alongside the woman on his fours. Curled tail was held on his back, for that's what his lineage called for, since he was more than half husky, more than wolf. Maybe mom saw the husky in Dad. Maybe that's what happened. Mars shook his head to dismiss whatever thoughts that were clouding his mind and he listened back to the woman and what she had to say to him. She explained that she left her sister because her sister was always looking for Poppa. Mars found that looking for his father had been a waste of time for the most part, but he figured that he might as well try to make the best of it. That's how he ended up being in D' Arte. He was trying to make the best of a bad situation. He could only hope that it didn't get worst for him for now on. Hopefully her search was not a waste of time. he quietly spoke to the air it would seem.

The woman then would speak of how she wanted to learn guitar. Guitar had been an adventure to learn, and Mars did love every single second of learning the instrument. You should learn from someone. the man suggested, but did not offer himself as a teacher, simply because he wasn't much of one, nor was he sane enough for her to be around him that much. What if Bartholomew decided that he wanted to meet this girl? What if he ruined a friendship? He still was concerned about Bartholomew meeting Orin, and was lucky that she hadn't met the flirty bastard yet. She only met the actor in him, the imagination, she experienced. Not too many these days had seen the actor on duty, simply because Mars had not been around a consistent crowd of people. He'd be able to act his way through this pack he hoped. Hopefully Bartholomew would be happy to not be involved with Mars' pack life and just be away from the pack all the time. Bartholomew had done pretty good when the family was around, so that the Russos had not known about the condition of the man's fragile mind, which was good on Mars' part. Though Mars did understand that Bartholomew had taken over a few times to do a few things.

I would like to see a painting of yours one day...Maybe you could also sing along to me playing a song... the man suggested, then wondered why he had offered himself to the woman like so. He shrugged and continued to walk along, the sled pulling a trail behind him as did the two leave imprints in the dirty snow and mud. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted that bath. He was silent about his wants for now, but he definitely was going to get in a nice hot bath by the end of tonight.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
SSWM: 575

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

La de dah~

-------------------

"Hopefully not. She'd be a wreck if anything ever happened to him." Though she and Dusk never really got along, Sky still loved her sister dearly. If something were to bother her, Sky would know about it almost instantly. They had that twisted sort of connection that their mother had gone and left them with. A pointless gift, since the two had gone their seperate ways so soon in life. Sky mused over this for a while, then replied to him again. "I hope to someday. I need a guitar first though." She considered going to fetch one, but at this point, all the good ones would've been taken already. No point in looking. She'd have to wait and hope she'd find enough to trade for one or something.

Boy mentioned he'd like to see her artwork, and she smirked. "You'll be coming to my house, right? That's where the bathtub is and all. My walls are covered in it." Which was very true. She spent her rainy days inside, painting decorations of all kinds onto her walls. It was, sadly, a part of her disorder, something she'd picked up about the same time as joining CdA. OCD. It wasn't bad or anything, but it often left her needing something to do in her free time. And being a minor ranking member of D'Arte, that free time came around far too often for her liking.

"As for singing... I'd like that." She turned her gaze to him and smiled sweetly. "I love teaming up with people to sing. Shawchert normally plays the flute, and I make up lyrics to go with the music on the spot." It was like a game to her, trying to think of nice lyrics so quickly, and she was surprisingly good at it. The idea of singing and music gave her a spark of muse, and she smiled, tail swaying to an imaginary beat as she started humming softly, falling into a sort of peaceful break in the conversation.

Her voice, even humming, really was a treasure. Soft, delicate tones that seemed to purr out of her throat were easy to pick up on. Like a sort of smooth honey for the ears, Sky had some serious talent. She might've been bad at fighting, and worse at navigating at times, but if there were two things she was good at, it was healing, and of course, singing. And man could she sing!

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Big Grin

Too bad Mars wasn't much of a wood worker. He was retarded of it, simply because he couldn't be careful for that long amount of time without becoming impatient with himself. Plus, Bartholomew was always a problem. He liked to think that he could do something better than Mars and randomly would try his hand at it and then more than likely he would just fuck everything up. Mars then would wake up and then he would realize that the man had messed up the project and Mars would have to start all the way over again. It was frustrating after awhile because one would start it and the other would mess it up and rarely, rarely would they ever get anything done together. I'm sure someone in D'Arte would be able to help with acquiring one. the man spoke to the girl. He was too reserved to realize that he should have explained that he couldn't help her because he did not know the lands well enough nor did he know how to go about making one for her. One of these days he'd be able to figure out how to communicate efficiently.

Sky mentioned that he would be going to her house, and that her walls would have been covered in the woman's artwork. That would make her house pretty interesting to look at, and Mars found that Bartholomew had silhouetted to the right of him, materializing because he found interest in what they were talking about. Bart was a painter, he was the dirty one of the two who loved to just paint anything he wanted to. Mars grew slightly anxious as the other male had gone towards the woman, devious smile on his maw. Mars shook his head and looked at Sky. He was within the same reasonable distance, which meant that he was still in control, which was good. Mars had to resist calling or thinking about Bartholomew. I can't wait to see. the man said cooly, a small smile on his face.

She spoke of singing and then of a man named Shawchert who played the flute. Mars made a mental note and then nodded his head. He was silent again, for he was a quiet man. We should sing together then sometime. When you play guitar, then we can play and sing together. the man spoke, shrugging lightly for what reason he didn't really know. Mars had then taken a slight right in his path, avoiding a patch of thick brush that would be hard for him to pull the sled through and he lead the woman back towards the pack lands. Where do you live at in Thornbury? he randomly asked the chocolate hued girl.

<style>
.marsb-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marsb-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marsb-o10 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.marsb-o10 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/marsgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFAFAF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; }
.marsb-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
mall fonts; text-align:right;">present personality: Mars Russo
SSWM Word Count: 453
[/html]