Fabric of the past
[html]

Open to all :3 time is around morning.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The wolfdog completed her shift and stood, a toothpick among the tall pines that were constantly pressing in. Far above, some sort of bird called out; there was no answer but silence. She shivered with delight, enjoying the serene quiet that the trees provided. Everything outside of these woods was loud and sharp and quick, but inside it was as if time had stopped, the animals moving slowly and for forever. Bindu loved it, though she'd only been here for a day or so. The watchful forest enveloped her and made her feel cozy and safe.

Normally, she was too uncomfortable to shift into optime form, but the forest made shifting okay. Her emotional distress was gathered up and put in a box, and there it was easily forgotten in a dusty corner of her mind. The teen took a few steps and was, for once, glad that she had shifted. Her head could be turned up to the sky more easily, for her dark red eyes to observe the deep emerald canopy spread out above. The only real discomfort that Bindu felt now was that it was cold, and that her fur didn't retain much warmth in this form. She ignored it and started to walk.

A few minutes into her leisurely stroll, the young woman came upon a tiny shack, which rose from the ground naturally, as if it had grown up with the trees. The roof of the shack was coated with snow, but was protected by the trees around it so that there was only an inch at the most. She stared at it for a minute, dark eyes burning. Eventually curiosity beat out caution, and the teen walked towards the house, intending to go inside.

Her small, white fingers pushed at the door gently and it swung inwards painfully, the hinges screeching and pouring down rust. The girl stuck her head into the doorway and inhaled deeply; by the smell of it, no wolf had been in here for months and months. She took another breath to calm her nerves and took a step inside.

There was barely enough light to see by, as there were no windows. Bindu stepped back outside, looked around, and grabbed a big, fist-sized rock, which she used to prop open the door. With a little more light in the shack, it was easier to see- not that there was much to see. A few broken fishing poles sat propped in a corner, along with a rusty axe that looked as if it might break apart at the slightest touch. There was a modest dresser along the far wall, next to a wooden bed frame that hugged the ground, no mattress to be seen. The floor was also made of wood, and Bindu's claws sunk into it as she walked around the room.

Very quietly, she opened one of the drawers of the dresser and peered inside. There was a pile of cloth within it, the colors dulled by time and neglect. She picked up some of the fragile cloth and found it to be clothes, like some Luperci wore. She was holding up a ... what was it called? A sharp ... shart. Sharrrt? Shirrt- shirt. There were tubes for arms and a big opening for a head, as well as smaller holes where the fabric had worn out. The young woman puzzled over the clothes, a little smile on her face and a low hum in her throat. This was kind of fun.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hello Smile WC: 308

Axelle had roamed around Dans L’Obscurite before, but rarely this neck of the woods. The snow wasn’t that deep, which was a plus, and it was morning so she didn’t have to worry about what lurked in the dark. Not that she couldn’t see, but different creatures were active at different times of the day. She minded where she stepped, very aware that she could fall into an unseen hole or old hunting trap.

In the upcoming distance, she could see a moldy-looking shack. It looked to be older than when the humans died out. It was probably old when they were still here. The little hut had no windows, but Axelle could’ve sworn she saw movement through the stripped wood that made up the walls. This struck her attention and made her curiosity practically ring. Ding ding ding!

She prowled up to the opposite side of the door, and pressed an ear against the old wood. Yep, definitely movement. Not too mention the smell of another extremely close. Curiosity usually got the best of her, and often it led her into some crappy situations. This was probably going to be one of them since she took no precaution as she rounded the shack. She reached the other side and peered into the door. What she saw relieved her. It was another luperci like herself. Usually wolves in luperci form were a little more civil. Though, from experience she met one that wasn’t. He probably would’ve been more civil in wolf form. She quickly forgot that memory as soon as she noticed the other moving inside. She was examining something rather holey.

Hello!

She hoped this greeting would go rather well. She didn’t need anything else to go wrong right now. Hopefully this wolf would not be edgy and be slightly surprised and greet her back. Yeah, right.

<style>
.axellesmoke-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.axellesmoke {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.axellesmoke b {color:#761f1f; font-weight:bold;}
.axellesmoke {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/646/souls58.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:350px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#232241; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hi there Big Grin

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Even though the hut was dimly lit, the patterns stitched into the shirt were visible enough so that Bindu's dark eyes could make them out. She traced the lines absently with a claw, but her mind was elsewhere. Even though it could not compare, the shack reminded her of the ranch house, the place with smooth floors and quiet white walls. The place of memories ... of Geneva, Jefferson, Pripyat, and Grace. She'd walked away from there, promising to herself that she'd return. Bindu let herself return to reality, where she placed the cloth back in its drawer and slid it shut.

Through the smell of damp wood and coldness, the teen smelled something different. Alive. Her body turned to face the door, but then she was a statue. A few moments ... nothing. Could she have been imagining things-

"Hello!" A face appeared out of nowhere, its corresponding body filling the doorway; the wolfdog cringed. Light fell in shafts around the stranger's body and blurred a few features, but Bindu gathered that it was a female Luperci. She tried to keep calm, although her nerves were tugging insistently in the company of another. "Hello," the teen echoed, glancing around for a second exit. The stranger seemed friendly, but it was better to have options than to be trapped.

There was no backdoor.

It was best to be careful, then. An anxious smile tugged at the girl's lips as she spoke quietly, "I'm sorry, is this your house? I didn't mean to intrude ..." She was suddenly very conscious of her optime body, and how small and thin she was. Ugly. Weak. In solitude, shifting was okay, but with another wolf watching it was unbearable.

Bindu pushed through her discomfort and continued, "-but I couldn't help myself. Human things are frightening, yet strangely fascinating." She felt proud at having spoken so much, and imagined shy little butterflies flitting out of her stomach as she waited patiently for a response.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hello WC: 250

The young female before her seemed to be nervous of some type. Axelle had no intentions of biting. Yet. No, I’m kidding. No, she had no intentions of biting or attacking. The poor female must have felt trapped in that tiny space. Axelle backed away from the door a bit to let the girl come out if she wanted to. She didn’t like making people feel uncomfortable all the time. When the girl stammered and asked if this was Axelle’s house she almost laughed.

No, my dear, don’t worry. This wasn’t my house. I was attracted to it for the same reasons you were. Old human things.

Human things did fascinate Axelle in a way. At first, she hated them and hated all things human. She even hated things related to humans and their objects, but slowly as she continued living in these lands things began to appeal to her. Things like reading their books, and learning about the things they used to survive. This little hut thing looked very interesting to her right now and she wondered if anyone had lived here ever. Or maybe it was just a storage place for their clothes. Axelle peered around the teen to look at the dresser. That was a possibility.

Axelle smiled at her last comment. Frightening, but fascinating indeed. Axelle sometimes wondered how things were used and how humans used them. Then again, humans were said to be extremely intelligent creatures. I wonder how wolves would’ve lived with their intelligence.

<style>
.axellesmoke-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.axellesmoke {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.axellesmoke b {color:#761f1f; font-weight:bold;}
.axellesmoke {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/646/souls58.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:350px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#232241; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(:

The pressure inside her stomach drained away; the stranger had moved aside, allowing a clear passage out of the tiny, air-deprived, choking hut. Bindu was grateful, although she made a mental note not to be so obvious in her discomfort next time; she must have seemed rude and awfully silly, looking around like a trapped deer stuck between two wolves. This time there was a genuine smile on her face when her eyes met the stranger's. She slipped out of the shack on two quiet feet.

Breathing cold air cleared the teen's mind, made her calmer and more friendly. She took another look at the stranger in the strong light; she was a female, and had a striking, black-and-white pelt. The woman was also a lot bigger and had a fuller figure than Bindu did, as well as two large fangs that protruded slightly from her closed mouth. Dark eyes met the stranger's- one icy gray and the other a fiery magenta. All of these factors would have frightened the girl at another time, but she was relaxed enough to see the kindness in the older lady's eyes, and so she wasn't afraid.

Bindu felt the effects of her suddenly open mind. Her paws weren't fidget-fidget-fidgeting and she stood taller, like a sapling that had just grown tall enough to catch a ray of sunlight on one of its branches. If she worked at it, maybe she could be like this all the time ... Happy.

"My name is Bindu."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her eyes are gray and pink ^.^ WC: 176

Bindu looked relieved once Axelle had moved away from the door. Good, she’s looking better now. Axelle smiled toward her and watched as she came out from the shack. It was tiny in there. Very claustrophobical, if you asked her, even though that wasn’t even a word. She made it up on her own, thank you very much. The femme came out and introduced herself. She had a lot of interesting colors on her body. They ranged from golds to browns, and mushed together at some points. They suited her. Well, they had to because she was stuck with them for the rest of her life. This called for a proper introduction after all.

Well, hello Bindu. I’m Axelle.

Bindu. An interesting name to go with an interesting female, indeed.

Where do you reside, Bindu?

Axelle couldn’t smell anything on her that led her towards any specific pack. Though, there was a slight chance she just joined somewhere and didn’t have the pack smell on her yet. Being a loner was the way to go, though.

Acts Speaks Thinks &Emphasizes

Table by Noelle

<style type="text/css">
.axelle .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.axelle .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#e395dd}
.axelle b {font-weight:bold; color:#73dd4d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.axelle {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#7a1491; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3815/axelletop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Oh my gosh I am so sorry D: fixed.

She nodded in acknowledgment while repeating the name inside of her head. Axelle, Axelle, Axelle. Names were beautiful bits of moving jaws and flowing syllables, but with a girl who had a very simple mind, they were a pain to remember. Axelle. Although Bindu wasn't sure what it meant, it sounded like excel- to go beyond, to be the best, to exceed, outshine, eclipse. She tilted her head to the side and smiled.

"Where do you reside, Bindu?" Her bony shoulders shrugged, the grin slipping away. Bindu didn't like to admit to anyone -herself, others- that she had no home, no family, nothing. But it was a subject that she thought about often. The desert, where she'd grown up, no longer struck her as home, merely as a hot and dry place where the tempers ran high. The ranch house in Phoenix Valley wasn't a home, either; it was already taken. As the days slipped by and her perspective widened, the teen doubted that she could ever find a place to call home. Dark eyes refused to meet Axelle's and instead took to tracing the lines in the rotting wood of the shack.

"Um ... nowhere, really," she said quietly. "But I'm looking." Bindu looked up, at the dark green trees and the gray sky peeking through their branches. The corners of her mouth turned up a little. "And you? I've heard of a pack called Cercatori d'Arte around here ... are you a member?" Skye, a sweet wolfess from d'Arte, left a lasting impression on the young hybrid's heart, and she would be glad to meet another d'Arte member.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

^.^ WC: 172

The young female became very uncomfortable at the question of being a loner. Being a loner wasn’t so bad. There weren’t any rules you had to follow or anyone you had to obey but yourself. You were your own leader. Axelle felt that being a loner was the best. It required a lot of traveling, and a lot of watching your own back, but the traveling wasn’t so bad. Axelle was a loner by choice since she felt that she couldn’t fit into a pack at this time. She was happy with her life, even though she didn’t have a permanent home.

No, I belong to nowhere too. I think it’s better than being in a pack, though.

Bindu seemed very interested in Cercatori d’Arte, why didn’t she join? Axelle hadn’t known much about the pack, but she knew it was close by even before Bindu mentioned it. She would have to make an effort to meet someone from there one day.

You seem interested in Cercatori d’Arte, why don’t you join?

Table by Noelle

<style type="text/css">
.axelle .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.axelle .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#e395dd}
.axelle {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#7a1491; background-image:url(http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3815/axelletop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait Sad

The young lady thought that Axelle's fondness of the lone life was strange. Loners didn't have the protection and love of a pack, a social group that was like a family. Warmth, affection, stability- as opposed to loneliness, melancholy, and the cold. For Bindu, it was an easy choice of what she would rather have, but she respected her new friend's ideas. Maybe something had happened in her past that discouraged her from joining a pack, or perhaps she simply liked the solitude. The teen herself liked quiet environments ... but not empty ones. She wanted to share her silence with someone else, to show them how beautiful it could be.

Bindu had to think for a few seconds about Axelle's question, confused with herself. It would be smart to join d'Arte, since she already liked Skye and the flower fields. Certainly she would live in comfort. But in a pack full of dancers, musicians, painters and chefs, the wolfdog knew that she wouldn't belong. "I have nothing to offer them," she explained, her hands facing Axelle, palms up and fingers pointing down in another shrug. "But I met a wolfess who was a member, and she was very kind."

A cold wind blew through the trees, dense as they were, causing the hybrid to shiver. She folded her arms across her chest and shot Axelle a guilty glance. "Do you, by chance, know how to start a fire?" the girl asked. She felt bad for asking something of her friend so soon, but fire-making was an important skill that she hoped to develop, especially since it was winter. If Axelle didn't know how to create flames, however, Bindu wouldn't be angry- she'd dealt with more bitter cold than this.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

^.^ WC: 259

The young femme explained her pack situation. Axelle nodded sort of lost in her own thought. She hadn’t known there were requirements to join Cercatori D’Arte, but then again the name did kind of give it away. Then she realized that there were other packs just like this where they required things from their joiners. Packs like Inferni that required all their members to be some sort of coyote and like Anathema where it was full of outsiders. She gave an understanding nod.

You don’t have any type of artistic skill to contribute?

But what if you were willing to learn an art like playing guitar or learning how to dance? Would one be able to join with those types of ambitions? This interested Axelle and she wanted to know more about this. She would have to find a CdA member real soon to ask. Learning something was always useful for anyone. If learning something will give Bindu a new home, then it was a good ambition.

Would you want to learn a type of artistic trade, then?

The cold breeze rattled Axelle’s bones, and her teeth almost began chattering. A fire. Her bag. She searched through the purple satchel slung around her shoulder, which she acknowledged for the first time. She brought it with her everywhere and it usually carried things she needed, like lighters. She finally found the small object in a smaller pocket on the side. She flicked it on, and it worked.

Find me some dry, brittle sticks and we can get this fire going.

Table by Noelle

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The teen almost erupted in giggles- she cast the lady a wry, dark-lashed look instead. "No, I'm not very artistic at all," she confessed, and a smile still lingered despite the hopeless words. A while ago, Bindu had been upset by her own lack of talent, but since then she'd learned to laugh at herself. And there was a lot to laugh at. Musical instruments were too confusing, cooking was useless without a fire, acting and dancing required too much emotional and physical coordination. Her voice wasn't terribly out of tune, but it was small and simple, not by any means beautiful. In addition, the girl could neither read nor write well, and although words intrigued her she was too stupid to learn how to decipher them.

Bindu came to the conclusion that she was too stupid to learn anything. Everything that had happened in the past lead her to this plain fact; her pain, suffering, hunger, misfortune. She gazed at Axelle quietly, a grin on her young face. "I'm not worth teaching." Black eyes flickered away, fingers rubbing the red bandana looped so carelessly around her neck. Though she tried to be lighthearted, the bad thoughts were discouraging. Shameful. "Not very smart, I guess."

Axelle provided a useful distraction, displaying a curious little box. With a whirl of her fingers, it sprouted a small flame. The teen made a quiet sound of awe -a squeak, more like it-, eyes as wide as pools. She reluctantly tore herself away from the lighter to fulfill Axelle's task, burning with curiosity. Where did one find a little box like that- one that grew fire like bean plants?

She walked around the shack to where the walls had blocked some snow from falling, thinking that there must be some dry twigs there. Bindu was not disappointed; there was a crackling carpet of sticks and leaves piled high. Rummaging around, she also found a few bigger logs, perhaps cut by a passing wolf who'd forgotten them. Everything was gathered up in the hybrid's thin arms, so that she left a trail of flaky plant matter behind her when she walked. Beaming, she carefully placed the kindling and the logs at Axelle's feet, eager to see what would become of them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

^.^ WC: 357

Non-sense, Axelle thought as Bindu told her she was talentless. Everyone had a talent of their own in some artistic quality. Okay, sure maybe it wasn’t enough to be in CdA, but she must have something. Not worth teaching. Pft. She’s worth teaching to me! Not very smart. Axelle snorted out loud at that statement. She believed any wolf was smart, unless they had a disability in some way, but even then they were smart in their own way.

So, you’re going to tell me you’re not interested in anything artistic? You’re not interested in at least trying to learn something to be in that wonderful pack?

Axelle understood that if this female really thought of herself as being dumb and didn’t want to help herself, then Axelle couldn’t do anything about the situation. But, she was hoping to at least break through that little barrier and find out why this female thought so lowly of herself.

Then she whipped out her lighter and saw the female’s eyes light up and widen. Axelle smiled and watched Bindu rip herself away from the tiny fire in her magical box. A lighter it was, and damn useful if you knew where to find them. Axelle examined it while Bindu went to get the sticks. When Bindu returned, she dropped the sticks at Axelle’s feet and patiently awaited to see what would happen next.

This lighter had done wonders for her in the past. It helped her burn her children alive. Oh, no wait. That was a different one. She had no doubts about this one either, though. This trust worthy lighter would not let her down either. Axelle bent down near the pile of dried sticks and twigs, and flicked the lighter on and worked on setting a stick on the bottom on fire. It took a few minutes, but she managed to get the stick into a small flame, which caught onto the others and ignited them. Before long, the whole pile of sticks were burning and it was warm. Axelle sat down near the fire, but not to close, and motioned for Bindu to sit with her.

Table by Noelle

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Axelle's words hit home; Bindu shriveled inwards like a burning leaf.

Maybe at one point the teen had been genuinely interested in learning some sort of art, but she'd long since given up on herself. Besides, during the course of her few months of life, she'd learned enough; that other wolves were often so much smarter, and that all she was able to do well was follow directions. The girl's mind was, in many ways, like a block of wood; lacking in personality, but able to be whittled into something useful by skilled hands. She could not even fathom the idea of shaping herself to become something more than just useful- beautiful.

Bindu watched the chiaroscuro-pelted female arrange the wood carefully, fiddling with the flame-box somewhere within the pile's depths. Perhaps for other, intelligent individuals, the thought and learning process was efficient, but in the girl's case it was only frustrating. How long had it taken her to adjust to the Valley- three months? Four months? And still, she was barely taking adequate care of her fragile body, struggling to merely survive- that alone was proof of her incompetence.

There was still a spark in her, however, a curiosity that craved kindling. Yes, the wolfdog wanted to learn, but now the yearnings were more fanciful than serious. And she felt very guilty about it, as Axelle's words echoed in her flooding head; Bindu didn't want the lady to think of her as lazy. No, it wasn't her own choice that prevented the growth of education, but the block of wood that was her mind, just sitting still and waiting to be whittled for a new use.

Within a few moments, a fire blossomed from the wood. Bindu's nerves were soothed, but a seed of discomfort was still rooted deeply in her skull; she gave Axelle an uncertain smile and took a seat near her, though edged a little closer to the flames for warmth. "Ah, um, yes- well, no, I guess not?" she offered bashfully. Talking about herself for so long was making her extremely anxious- was she making the right impression?

"I learn too slow," peeped Bindu, pretending as if that had somehow answered Axelle's inquiries. Then she was quiet, huddled before the orange-red flames with her deep black eyes, waiting.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

^.^ WC: 226

Axelle nodded. Bindu thought she was useless, and there was no point in pestering the poor girl. If she wasn’t interested in learning, then she wasn’t interested and there would be no way to make her be interested. Axelle felt bad, though, because if Bindu wanted something as bad as she wanted to be in that pack then how does she treat other wants in life? Probably the same way. Shrug them off, and think of herself as not good enough.

Axelle looked into the dancing flames. She wondered why this pup was a loner in the first place. Why hadn’t she stayed with her family? She doesn’t seem to like being a loner all as much as Axelle did. Axelle played with the lighter in her hands flicking it on every couple of seconds.

Where do you stay usually?

Axelle had no permanent home, and she didn’t take on a cave to be her permanent sleeping spot. She roamed around everywhere and camped out under a bush or a tree when she was tired. She wondered if Bindu did the same. If she had a place, it was better for her. She had a permanent place to put her findings so she didn’t have to carry them around with her or a place to sleep where she didn’t have to be cautious all the time.

Table by Noelle

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Short one, sorry for the wait!

Instead of staring at the burning wood before her, the teen's doe eyes took to watching Axelle flick her fire-box open and closed, flame springing up and then falling back down again like a fountain. Gradually she let the worry drain away, so that as she curled up next to the fire a sense of peace washed over her nervous self. Her fur, usually so cold and stiff, was warming deliciously, and the girl felt better than she had in days.

Bindu made up her mind; she'd have to find on of those fire-boxes.

Other than that one passing thought, desert daughter's mind was pleasantly blank. This was her peace. When warm and safe, it was easy to escape from everything. Her big black eyes stared at the lighter, which quietly slipped out of focus, and her fingers unfurled from their tight fist to hook around her knees. It was like dreaming, but not quite so- for while dreams are filled with delirious content, Bindu's trance contained nothing.

When the sable-and-ivory colored female asked a question, the wolfdog jumped from her reverie. She was caught at a loss for a moment. Then, as her simple brain caught up to her ears, she understood what had been asked and gave an innocently honest answer. "I've been in these woods for a few days, but I haven't found any one place to stay in particular." The girl paused. "Have you been here long?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 185

Axelle noticed the teen staring at her lighter. She kept flicking it as she realized it calmed her down. Bindu looked as if she would fall asleep, but Axelle’s words killed her trance. Bindu regained conscience, so to speak, and answered Axelle’s question. She hadn’t found a place to stay. Axelle looked up at the shack. There was a last resort place if she needed it. Then she looked down at the flickering flame erupting from her lighter. She nodded toward Bindu’s question.

You could stay here if it was a last minute thing.

Axelle nodded toward the shack. The teen was small enough to fit inside on the floor to sleep comfortably. It might be a little tight, but it would be better than sleeping in the snow and the cold.

I don’t stay anywhere for long periods of time.

Which was true. She was always traveling. She never stayed in one place long enough to say she did. She kept flicking the yellow lighter until her finger hurt. Then she looked up at Bindu.

You like it?

Referring to the lighter, of course.

<style>
.wolfforest-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.wolfforest ooc {color:#d8d8d5;}
.wolfforest i {color:#9fab69; font-style:italic;}
.wolfforest b {color:#d8d8d5; font-weight:bold;}
.wolfforest {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#364d1f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2eklxkn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:285px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#30190a; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(:

The hybrid's dark red eyes took a lazy glance towards the rotting shack as Axelle spoke, contemplating the suggestion. Everything about her situation -the abrupt takeoff, the wandering- it was all last minute. But she understood what the white-and-sable pelted female meant. The shack had four walls and looked big enough; more than any tree could do, anyway. Bindu nodded thoughtfully. Maybe she would stay here for the night, although something about the place made her petite backbone tingle.

The teen wasn't surprised by Axelle's casual confession; she didn't look like the type to linger for long in any given place. A thought passed briefly through the young wolfdog's head. Did she herself look like a wanderer? Or was there something about her -maybe the sickly thinness, or the ragged pelt- that represented her need of a pack? Else, maybe it was the attitude, the confidence that a loner carried when riding solo. She had little confidence. What was that defining characteristic?

Unconsciously her large black eyes had drifted back to the little flame rising and falling from the box held loosely in Axelle's fingers. You like it, the lady asked, do you like it? You like it? Bindu's head tilted sideways by a small degree, and she nodded absently. The flame was very soothing, even though big fire was sometimes scary. "Where did you find it?" she questioned quietly, gaze flickering back towards the shed. Maybe there were still a few bits of scavenge that she hadn't found yet- maybe there was a fire box in there somewhere.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

I got an idea, PROPOSITION alert ! Tongue I’ll PM you the details (& sorry for the late reply 0_0) WC: 270

Bindu looked toward the shack, and Axelle could almost feel her shudder. She noticed that Bindu looked unnerved by the place, and maybe she just needed the company. Would that be a good idea taking the femme with her that is if she wanted to? Axelle would be able to teach her a lot about being a loner because the young female didn’t seem to know much. Maybe it was her first time being alone out in the open like this. Maybe Axelle could get her confidence up. That was a proposition to ask later.

I found it in Halifax.

There wasn’t really much to elaborate on the subject. She found it in Halifax in a decayed store where there were a few more that didn’t work. The yellow one was the only one that worked like it was brand new. Axelle stopped flicking the lighter and handed it to Bindu. The proposition was still on her mind and she wanted to ask it right away.

Would you want to travel with me for a while?

She knew it was a crazy idea, but Bindu looked as if she could use some company. Being on edge like that and being a loner didn’t quite go well together. Maybe on their travels Axelle could find Bindu a pack to stay in. She looked like a wolf who belonged in a pack with other wolves. She would strive there much more than alone in unowned territory. Axelle looked down at her legs awaiting an answer. She wondered if Bindu even wanted to travel with her, but it would be an exciting experience.

<style>
.wolfforest-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.wolfforest ooc {color:#d8d8d5;}
.wolfforest i {color:#9fab69; font-style:italic;}
.wolfforest b {color:#d8d8d5; font-weight:bold;}
.wolfforest {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#364d1f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2eklxkn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:285px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#30190a; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Replied to! :0 and also, I'd be fine with ending the thread here- or you can reply one more time? Up to you :3

The name didn't strike any particular memory, but the girl offered a shallow nod as if she knew where this 'Hallifax' was. It sparked a flame of curiosity. What did Hallifax look like? Had she herself passed through it on her travels, ignorant of its proper name? And where else had Axelle been? Distracted with the notion of places to see, Bindu's attention slipped away from her new friend until a cool surface found her dove-white fingers.

Dark eyes glanced down on an impulse, widening slightly. The yellow flame-box was cupped in her hands, and its smooth face glinting in the small bit of light that filtered through the trees. Bindu looked at Axelle in wonder. The fire box ... she could hold it? Maybe even ... keep it? Her attention quickly flicked back to the lighter. Its color was bright like flowers, but instead of soft petals, the box grew dancing light. The wolfdog used her fingers to click the box to life, copying Axelle; a soft orange flame grew from within the box's depths.

Would you want to travel with me for a while? The doe's eyes shot up, but Axelle was looking away. The proposition caught her by surprise, made the ground more uneven. Despite the shock, Bindu found herself considering the offer.

Perhaps Axelle didn't look like the type of wolf to settle down, but she was strong and independent- two attributes that the young hybrid didn't have. If left on her own, Bindu knew that she would continue living like she was presently; drifting, a cotton seed in the wind, wasting away into nothingness. Maybe companionship was what she needed. And, although a party of two could hardly be considered a pack ... maybe it was what she wanted as well.

Her eyes, though dark, glowed with the reflection of the light clasped in her small hand. Bindu swallowed. "Yes. Yes, I would."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]