The Art Market: Part 1
[html]

Part 1 >:3

Meeting Valinta had been a blessing. With her help, Ralla and Noss had made it to Cercatori d'Arte with perhaps the same time, but in better spirits and company (and the added insurance that they weren't plain old trespassers). The black wolfess had been a pleasure to meet, and Ralla would not mind or find it troubling to meet her again. Maybe on the way out? For the present matters, they had arrived at the border of the territory, and Ralla was polite enough this time to howl a greeting for someone who could allow them into their territory. The howl was the one she had at one time made special for Sugar, but had grown into using it out of habit; that staggering of staccato notes quickly leading into a descending, drawn out note. Out of respectful habit, Noss added his in as well. His was throatier and deeper; more like a rumbling of the earth. Noss could be prideful and stubborn and arrogant, but she knew he would never consciously trespass. She thought hard on her first transgression while she waited. She admitted it hadn't been her smartest move, but she hadn't gone that far in... No, that won't do. A trespass is a trespass; no excuse. I wouldn't like it if a stranger suddenly appeared in my hut, would I? Replacing the train of thought was the reawakened promise of art. Oh, art. Art was all around them, in everything; clothes, writing, painting, singing, stories, nature, dance... The list could go on. Finding out that the pack was one of such talents had been enough of a draw for Ralla to at least visit.

Behind her, Noss kept his usual silence. He was not pleased that he had been cajoled into a detour, but Ralla had somehow convinced him that it would make more sense, instead of doubling back after the recon trip to the Halycon Mountains. He needs to get out more, she mused in jovial thought. She knew he could be joking, but he had always been so stern around her; especially during her first training years. Noss wouldn't have any open signs of weakness around her, even though she knew just how to crack that shell of cold stone. She wondered if she should also find souvenirs for everyone while on her journey...? And then the next problem came up; how did the these wolves trade? Furs? Glass? Feathers? Beads? None of that? She would be sorely disappointed if she had to leave the pack just because she didn't have anything worth bartering for... She had brought some things she counted as valuable in one of the packs just for the occasion, but she realized that, just as she valued what Long Gones had left behind, maybe the Cercatori wolves wouldn't value he 'treasures'?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]

WC: 333 +3 OOC: Sorry for the delay!! <3

Shawchert was whittling. He was finishing up the little flute he had promised Alder, and soon would visit the wolf pup again, he doubted he would be much of a puppy anymore. Shaw thought as he was finishing up the mouthpiece. He would make a few designs some being from their meeting so that the boy wouldn’t forget what Shaw had taught him about acting. That would have to wait though as he heard a howl, one of a request, then a second one, two at the same time? It was not uncalled for but not something normal for him. He put the flute on the desk, he’d finish and test it later, for now he was being called. Shawchert was curious as to what these two wolves were here for. It could be for anything, they could be here to trade, join, compromise, meet the members of the pack, and of course see what the pack itself was about, as many have done. He knew everyone was curious about how his pack worked. He would keep an open mind. He moved through the thick forest where the howls came from and soon happened upon a female and male. Though they did not look like relatives he was wondering if they were. He smiled at them, a friendly smile, and greeted them.

Hello, my name is Shawchert Menue, I am the alpha of Cercatori D’ Arte, how may I help you?

He asked looking from one to the other to see if they showed any signs of why they were there. The female was the shorter of the two, obviously, though Shawchert was surprised at the male’s size, rarely could he look at someone nearly eye level as himself, so it was a rare sight. It did not anger him though, it didn’t even make him feel less special, in fact he actually enjoyed the look. He was not the huge brute right now and it made him feel a bit more comfortable.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

You're sorry? I'm late too :S

Not much after both Ralla and Noss had loosed their voices came another large wolf who stood on par with Noss. To her relief, Noss did not puffer up his fur in pride--only stood a little straighter out of respect--which made a note in Ralla's head that she might've wanted to jumped off of Sugar's back to be respectful as well. Doing so, she could only assume that the wolf in front of them was Shawchert--the alpha that Valinta had told the siblings about--and so Ralla assumed her most respectful posture and facade, having the sense not to even try a boasting stance. She had thought--maybe once or twice--that Noss would introduce himself and her instead of leaving his younger sister to do all the talking, but it was a baseless hope; Noss just didn't like to talk unless he was trying to make a point. Little did she know about how much he really talked, lately, when he was interested... Still, it was becoming painfully plain that since this was her idea and general quest to take the long route, Noss would have none of the formalities in-between. The large wolf soon introduced himself, and Ralla's suspicions were confirmed.

"Greetings...Sir Menue...?" she said tentatively, unsure how to address the alpha since the only tops she had known were 'chiefs'. It seemed proper enough... "My brother and I--" she was then cut-off by Noss's clearing of his throat, and the two siblings shared another moment of silent conversation, Noss's argument being 'I don't want to be dragged into any of this' and Ralla's retort comprising 'It's just a greeting; don't get so uptight' and so on and so forth with strange stares and facial expressions until Ralla got the courage to just blow him off... Which went surprisingly well.

"My brother and I," she repeated, "are here to see your new pack. I believe Chief Dawali had visited, but I had heard that your pack is full of craftsmen. If you would, could we trade?" The thought striking her, she briefly reached around the disconnect the long fire-tender's ceremonial staff from its makeshift moorings and presented it before the chief. "Altough my main goal is to have this thing properly carved..." The man before them seemed kind enough; he may have been Noss's size, but the personality difference already appeared universally different. Although strangely, she had to admit that Shawchert had similar coloring to Strel. She wondered if Noss was thinking the same thing, judging by how he seemed to size up the other alpha. His stare made her resume--more covertly--their silent argument, although she was the one advocating a change in attitude now.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

WC: 243 OOC: Whee fun I was not ignoring you just had low muse for the week... I like me my drama I spose hahaha

Shawchert watched the two, they seemed to be no threat but he wasn’t sure what the two were here for, and it seemed that he was about to get his answer, except the male interrupted his sister. There was a bit of under breath discussion. And soon The female looked back up and spoke again repeating her first words and indicating her brother and herself. Ah so they wanted a trade? His smile grew a little, he thought he could do that.

Trades are always welcome.

He said, she presented the item she wanted carved and he raised his eyebrow, it was a nice piece of wood and he nodded.

I’m a good carver myself, though for my work what can you give to me?

He asked, his curiousity peeked. The man beside his sister made him slightly nervous, and he was sure if his sister hadn’t come here, he wouldn’t be here. He made a side note to keep an eye on the tall male, just in case, it looked like he might have a possible temper, although Ralla seemed rather nice and was interested in pack relations, as well as a good trade to help her with her staff’s carving. He was sure to be able to do that. He had known their chief had come for a visit, but Skye was the one to meet him, and told Shaw of their encounter. He stood quietly, waiting for the answer.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Trust me; I feel the same -.- 'Cept I get my muse back by freewriting :3 But the writing must not be done under pressure -.- Like, no replying to a post. Must. Be. Original. And. Individual.

Shawchert accepted the offer of trade well enough. She could tell he was wary of Noss, but then again, most wolves were. He was just daunting, and since he rarely spoke to anyone he didn't have an interest in, it just made him seem all the more suspicious. Her face brightened when Shawchert told her that he was a carver, bringing her realization of getting a ceremonial staff all the closer. But his question of what she had to offer for his part of the bargain brought her to an uncertain pause in thought. What if he didn't like what she had brought? Mentally shrugging, she decided that it was no use worrying about it then, since she had brought what she had, end of story.

Nonchalantly handing the staff to Noss--much to his surprise at having been pushed around to do so without so much as a word--Ralla rusteld back through her pack to get a general inventory, listing off the items as she saw them. "I have...colored beads...a woven picture...some feathers...some small ear-hooks...leather bracelets...a metal bracelet...silver chain necklaces...two mirrors...and a bottle of sweet stuff." She hadn't the slightest what the metal bracelet or the bottle of sweet stuff was, exactly. All she knew was that the metal bracelet had weird symbols on a round part and that the sweet stuff puffed out something that made her nose burn every time she pressed the top, leaving the ridiculously sweet tang in her nose for at least an hour... The value of those two things was unknown to her, but the rest she could value well enough. For carving her staff... She would let the alpha decide. She trusted him enough as a crafter to be fair. And, if he wasn't, she could barter him down to fair trade... If she didn't get too caught up in the whole process. "If you'd like, I could show you what sounds interesting. Or...if you don't like any of it, is there something we could do?" Once more, at the mention of 'we', Noss gave her the look of not dragging him into it, but she ignored it that time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

Shawchert watched as Ralla presented her findings, and he took time to look them over. This stuff was real quality, though he doubted he had use for ear hooks, and if he didn’t know what sweet stuff was he wasn’t about to try and find out. Though a mirror, and possibly the beats and A leather braclet? Yeah that might work out…

How about one of the mirrors, a bracelet and some of your colored beads? I think that might work out.

He said, looking up at Ralla to see if she was ok with the deal. It wasn’t hard to find a carver but it was hard to find a carver like Shawchert and his work was what was paid, so he would surely do an exquisite job on this staff for what he asked, going lower was a possible lower standard towards the staff but he would not mention that to her. he was sure she knew how things went.

I’m sure I have some dye to work in it too if you would like, I don’t have many colors any more, but blue purple, even maroon, and some yellow. Though it is ok if you don’t want it dyed in any way.

He offered, he wasn’t going to expect her to accept it, but he wanted to through the skill out there so that she knew that he was able to do something like that with the wood too, though the dying process of it… would possibly be there forever as wood absorbed dyes just like water.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchertlake b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.shawchertlakeooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.shawchertlake p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchertlake {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#9FE6F4; background-image:url(http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/475/avatarjk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1D2F0A; line-height:12.5px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.shawchertlake-border {width:438px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sunny
[/html]
[html]

Ralla's ears perked up with happiness as Shawchert appeared to take interest in some of her items. She took out both the leather bracelets and the metal one so Shawchert could choose, as well as taking out the better quality mirror--wouldn't do to give him a chipped or rusted one--and the colored beads. The leather bracelets were imprinted on the top with black engraving--as if it had been pressed in by a brand--in different designs, all ranging from loops to flowers to one with a very intricate beast with a long nose, she supposed. The colored beads were just that, even though some of them had a few designs on them. She definately had enough, so she could trade so many of those and still have spares. But the mirror was her prize trading commodity; a fitting trade for a ceremonial staff carving, she thought. It was small and round--fitting into the palms of two of her hands--and the outside was encircled with a silver border. She had polished the silver to a shine after finding it, afterwards carefully shining the glass and thinking what a wonder that it wasn't cracked in any way. The design was like a gentle wave, each crest and bit of sea foam etched into its curve. And just like the water that was portrayed, Ralla thought it was as if the surface was as clear as the ocean, reflecting everything about it in its little face. "This is perfect," she assured the alpha. "Thank you, again, very much."

She thought about the offer of dying. It would have to match the Great Fire in some way, so she was momentarily discouraged from it when Shawchert said he had limited colors. Luckily, as she listened, he listed maroon as one of them. The deep red would do wonderfully on the staff, and maybe even add depth to whatever Shawchert carved. "That would be fantastic! The maroon, please. Do you require anything else as extra payment...?" She went back to fetch the staff again and held it, unsure of where to go from there. "Um, should I tell you here what I need or is there somewhere else you do your carving?"

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]
Out of Character

In Character

The whole trade idea was taken nicely and the stuff that she was to trade with him was accepted with no barters, well he could work with what he had. He smiled as he took up the animal etched bracelet, the mirror and beads, he was sure the pack could use them in whatever way.

Actually I tend to work over at my house follow me,

He said looking over at Noss, no he wouldn’t make trouble, Shaw could see it in the man’s eyes and he moved his head for them to follow him as he moved deeper into his forest. He shook his head at her question for extra payment.

The dye can be from me to you, like a pack gift so to say.

He said as they moved further into the forest and soon they were in his clearing where his temporary hut was sitting. It was built with trees he’d cut down but spaced out so it was as though there were big gaps but that was covered by cloth he’d found in one of the old houses, and spread tight to keep out the cold wind, and his fire kept the house itself warm.

Come inside, my carving tools are in there.

He said leading them into his one room house.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Wasn't I the one who was at one point pestering people about lateness...? >.>

Excited to see a craftsman at work, as she usually was to see any form of art being made, Ralla followed closely behind the large alpha with Noss and Sugar in tow. She knew her brother didn't have as much appreciation for the arts as she, but she could see him from time to time stare at something or listen intently to her stories for however long she could keep his attention on the luxurious frivolties. Her offer for extra payment was rejected, only it made her happy to hear it because it was generous. "That is very kind; thank you."

Shawchert led her and Noss to a clearing where a structure of sorts stood in front of them. Ralla wasn't surprised to see it made of cloth, although since it was attatched to trees she was actually a bit perplexed. Was this the permanant home? It couldn't be, since cloth or tarp was not a very sound walling to be had for all times. She had seen cloth for tents and for nomadic wolves; was this the most ready item they had available for the time? Maybe, maybe not; she would not judge, and actually enjoyed the novelty of the home. She took the rope leading to Sugar's halter from Noss and tied him around a tree where there was still grass to be had in the cold, patting his neck and smiling as he settled in his space, telling her in his broken horse speech that he would be fine. She hoped so; the journey had not been kind to the horse's diet, considering most grazing shrubbery was scarce or gone. Maybe she could trade more for Sugar's fare? She then preceded Noss into the hut and looked around--not rudely, but just curiously--as Shawchert led them in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
Out of Character

WC: 204 OOC: no need for her to verbally to describe it you can say she did or something <3

In Character

Shawchert’s house was nothing too special, and it most assuredly was temporary, but the work he wanted for his own house would have taken him all winter, and he wanted to be in a warm house with a warm fire, no matter what kind of house that was. He would start preparing his new house in the spring. This house was just one big room. There was a small fire pit that was able to warm up the place, a bed and table and a dresser, all of which he’d gotten from the previous house that had once stood here. He motioned to the bed, the only place that was remotely a good place to sit and went to the dresser. It didn’t hold any type of clothing… well maybe some but they surely didn’t fit his big bulk. It held various tools all for his wood working. He pulled out some picks, and knives and a bag of reddish powder.

Alright, please explain the type of design you want?

Shaw asked, he had grabbed an old sheet of paper that had been in one of the preserved shops from thornbury.he put it on the floor and knelt down, looking at Ralla expectantly.

<style>
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Relatively short post >.>

Ralla sat self-consciously on the leader's bed, feeling a bit presuming to do so even though he himself had indicated she could. But when he brought out his tools, she leaned anxiously on her knees, vying to see the different shapes and crafting materials that he would use. Shaw asked her what design she was expecting, which made her pause for thought. It would have to be pertinant to the fire tending tier--of course dyed with the red, symbollically--and have some sort of ceremonial image.

With a slight bit of difficulty, often using her hands to try and explain, Ralla described her image of the staff. While the staff itself was long and tall, it was not extremely thick, so Shaw's crafting skills would be imperitive. Ralla's image included the main picture being of many swirls curling up the staff, the inner part of the swirls colored red, almost seeming like flames licking up the length of the wood. On the edges of the swirls, Ralla wanted Shaw to carve little pictures--spaced every so often--that told the story of how fire came to be (which, sadly, included Ralla having to bore the alpha with the story and lore). She didn't want the man to go overboard, she just wanted to basic story told; it didn't have to have every detail portrayed or be extremely intricate. She just thought that having the story of fire on a ceremonial fire staff would be almost like the totems back in her old tribe.

Which brought up an interesting observation; Ralla had seen maybe one totem since her time in AniWaya. Was the art of the totem not as practiced? Perhaps not.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
Out of Character

WC: 153 OOC: this is creepy, I totally did this 2 days after reading what you wrote, which means I forgot what you had said and I didn’t want to go bac, but thought I should since I didn’t want shaw to look like a fool… now I kinda skimmed the description part the first time… but now that I read it and saw what I wrote I laughed… I’m a riot!

In Character

Shawchert listened to Ralla explain, putting a few notes here and there on the paper, and after she was finished talking and telling her story, which he paid attention to the whole time, he looked at the paper he had in his hands. He stared at the paper thinking before finally flipping it over. It took him several minutes of flipping between the front and back of the paper did he have something competent enough down. He held it up to show Ralla the drawing.

How will that work? Any changes?

His design was simple but what she wanted, he had actually made the swervy fiery lines going around the staff and along those lines he made the story dance. The beginning of it starting from the top of the staff and it descended through the fiery design. He was sure it could use improvement, but his word was better carved than drawn.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

It's all gooooooood~~~ And yes; yes you are *nods sagely*

The prototype on the paper was amazing, as well as everything Ralla had imagined it to be. From the top started the story, where the Great Spirits sent thunder from the sky. As the tale travelled lower, it was as if the swirls and little animals on the paper were going to traverse straight into the ground. The symbolism and artistic imagination was profound; quite simply, it was perfect. Ralla voiced it so, pleasure painted across her face as she, with barely restrained excitement, urged Shawchert to begin to carving. She wanted to see the picture come to life; for it to astound her beyond what she had seen on the paper, as she had no doubt it would. Every piece of art, even rough sketches or crude cave paintings, had a voice and story; it was a cycle of wonderous heart and mind.

Ralla watched, rapt in fascination, as the alpha began his work. She wondered if it would be rude to interrupt his concentration, or if it was rude to stare in silence. All the different customs that she had ever learned were always conflicting, so she had learned to wait and see what the best course of action would be, based on her host's own actions.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]
Out of Character

WC: 230 OOC: Could wrap this up in a few psts ^^

In Character

Shawchert began working, though he was not use to the company of someone watching him, he did not think it was so bad. His hands moved deftly as he began working on the staff, it wasn’t so hard, much of the carvings were that of simple lines curves and shapes. He just had to perfect each one of them right. He was thankful that she was quiet as he worked, doing one thing at a time was a simple thing for the man, and sometimes things didn’t always turn out right until after he was done. He moved his hands down the thin wood, working quickly, yet efficiently, only looking at his paper as reference, until he was finally done with the carving.

Well I think that does it, did you want the whole thing dyed? I am afraid that dying parts of it will take a while, though doing the whole thing should take a night or so.

Shawchert said offering her the stick so she can take a look at it. It was simple yet efficient just as she wanted it. It was an interesting design to say the least. He definitely enjoyed doing that kind of carving, which made him wonder what else he could carve like this, but right now he had a job to do and he wanted to make sure he did it right.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Yepz :3 We'll say that this is my last one and your next one is your last. Thanks for the thread and awesome staff! Big Grin

If she had been amazed at the sketch and its power to enrapture her, the staff took her breath away. In the alpha's hands was her very vision of the staff in her mind encarnate. "It's perfect!" she exclaimed, going forward a little and kneeling to better inspect the fine details. It was precise and professional, down to the grain and accuracy. Most importantly, it invoked the story and let it run rampant as if it had come to life.

"I can't stay for very long, so if you could just dye the entire thing a crimson, or something like it...? I'd be very grateful," she answered, stepping back again. Even Noss, she noticed, was looking admiringly at the staff. Uncultured as her elder brother was, he could appreciate a good tool or weapon, even more so a crafter or warrior. She stayed and talked to Shawchert for a while longer, finalizing and assuring him of how much she loved the staff, until it became very late. "I hope I might not be too presuming if my brother and I could request lodgings for the night, Captain?" she used the term assumingly, as Valinta had called him so. She also asked the question presumingly, but they couldn't well travel after the hard ride that day and during the night. If the request was rejected--and she wouldn't blame the man--she would understand; it was his land to oversee.

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[html]
Out of Character

WC: 300

In Character

At her request to make the whole thing one color Shaw got to work on the dye, grabbing a bowl of water, and pouring in some of the powder, and started mixing it with his hand. It was already the same color as the dye so he did not have to worry too much about his hand turning a different color. It was a reason his hands were just as maroon as his neck and back. He then soaked a rag that had already been cleaned previously and let it set for a few minutes as he spoke with Ralla. He was glad she liked his work and was quite happy she was satisfied. When he was sure the rag was ready he pulled it from the bowl, soaking and wrapped it arund the staff, and did the same with another rag until finally the staff was wrapped in a reddish cloth entirely.

That should do it, it should be a nice red color for you come morning!

He said, he would not mention that he had to do another wrap in a few hours, that was only technical stuff, and she asked if it was ok to stay after the night, and seemed quite unsure and Shaw could not help but nod.

Yes we actually have lodgings close by that you could use

He said and motioned for them to follow him into the night where he led them through the dark forest to the large hunting lodge. It had a fire going, as Ouija kept it up all night for his furs, and Shaw led them to the second floor which had beds. He told them to choose a room, and soon left after he was sure they were settled in, getting himself ready for another long night.

<style>
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]