Losing everything, so much to gain.
[html]

Sky's all naked under that there housecoat! :o

Sky should've been angry. She should've been angry, upset and.. or... depressed. But she wasn't. Girl sat at home, reading one of her many human-written books. Her mind wasn't clouded this time, and she read it quickly, occasionally pausing to stop and listen to the empty house. That would sometimes bring her to think of how nice it would be to share it with someone, a roomate perhapes... or maybe children, but then she shook it off casually and went back to her book. Eragon was about to become an elf, and she wasn't about to stop now. Softly, outside, the wind whistled against the windows, humming soft flute-like noises at her.

This got her to stop and think a moment. She thought back to the fight she'd had with Orin, the one that left her bruised and battered. That was yesterday. She'd screamed and shouted at the white wolfess in hurt, anger and jealousy. Her heart had been broken again, but perhapes this time, seeing poor Orin in such a state of confusion and regret, Sky had it wrong. Maybe something had happened, and neither partner meant for it. Maybe she'd regretted it, or maybe Orin had just not realized how much Sky cared for him. If she had known, would she have done it? Sky stopped to calmly ponder this, closing her book and setting it back on the shelf.

What about Shawchert? Orin knew how Sky felt about him now. Would she tell him the reason for the fight? Would she tell him before Sky got a chance to sort things out? This brought a nervous pang back into her stomach and she winced. No, Orin was nice enough not to. She'd have been far more understanding if Sky hadn't lost her cool the day before. Orin wasn't the type to be so thoughtless and cruel. That much, the hybrid knew.

Sky's feet moved on their own accord, leading her back out to the front deck, wrapped snugly in her housecoat but nothing else. The day was warmer than it usually was this time of year. It was still early morning, and the sun was still glowing on the horizon, would be for another half hour or so. It made everything around Thornbury beautiful and peaceful.

She sat in that little wooden lawn chair, pulling the housecoat snug around herself. More thoughts came. I wonder what Shaw was thinking when he found us like that. Does he know I was the one who started it? I didn't mean to.. I still need to apologize properly to Orin. I said sorry yesterday, but I was so spiteful. She grimaced. I was like Dusk. Though Sky loved her sister dearly, she didn't ever want to be like her. The older wolfdog was far more tempermental and cruel, quick to jump to a fight, and quicker to end it savagely. Sky was kinder, and Dusk usually said, with a sort of distant tone, that she was more like their father; happy and caring, a lover more than a fighter.

Was she really? Sky wasn't so sure now. So lost in her thoughts, blue eyes gleamed with a dreamy stare, off towards the orange hued sunrise she so dearly loved. ...I'll make things right again. It's the least I can do. If Orin and Shawchert want to be together, so be it. I'll wish them all the best, and stand beside them as a loyal friend they can count on. Thought her mind was in a happy sort of voice, she couldn't help the rejection that welled up inside her chest. ...I wish... I wish that... more than anything, he'll be happy.

<style type="text/css">
.skykfree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2f8f6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2e3c4b; }
.skykfree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.skykfree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykfree01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#c2dada; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree01a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f2f8f6; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skykfree01-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #2e3c4b; margin:0 auto;}
.skykfree01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #bacfd2; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

363 OOC: Smile

Things had seemed to escalate out of proportion, everything he had done the other day, he’d meant it… right? He had been home all day the day before, thinking rolling things around his head. He knew fare well what he had done… he was not drunk, nor out of his mind, though unhappiness of losing someone, that had put it into motion, he thought. That was no excuse though, now was it, he chided himself. He found that staying in his home was not getting him anywhere. So he found himself heading to Thornbury where Orin was, and maybe they could talk, and settle things out. His was mind still a bunch of rambling jumble from the night before. He felt dirty. Horrifyingly dirty. He had wanted his first time to be with his mate, and Orin had not been it, and though they were friends well enough, however, he couldn’t see them together, he had for an instant, the instant that he lay with her, but something more seemed to happen, it was as though he’d been drawn to her, and now, how could he regret being with her? she was such a nice woman, she’d be all that could complete him, yet… she wasn’t her…

He was now in the streets of Thornbury, but he was not headed to her house, not to Orin’s at least. He found himself heading to Sky, they’d become quick and close friends and it seemed he wanted her words, though they were probably not the words of wisdom he needed, but words were what he needed nonetheless and she was his first though. He found that he wouldn’t even have to knock on her door she was already outside. He gave her a weak smile, though things seemed pretty bleak for him right now.

Hi Sky, got a minute?

He asked, the alpha… asking for someone to talk to about his horrible misdeed. It was horrible, he was the worst wolf ever, and he felt degrading, like he should revoke his own alpha state and give it to Skye and return to his wandering ways, at least then… he would not take advantage of women…

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Dooo~

Sky was snapped out of her thoughts, and she glanced down at him, blue eyes still glazed from her wandering mindset. She didn't respond for a moment, just taking in the sight of him. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days or something. She forced a half-smile and stood up, waving her tail a bit to get the frost off of it. "Always. Come on in, get warm." Her voice was soft and sweet, like it was when she was calm. Even if she looked a mess, bruises under her fur and the occasion cut along the edges of her ears, she still managed to make it seem as if she were perfectly fine. All the better; Shawchert needed the worry and listening ear right now, by the looks of it.

Her own feelings would have to wait. No doubt this was about Orin in some way.

She led the way inside, holding the door for him as per usual. One hand remained tight at her chest, holding her housecoat together. She'd grown so used to clothing now, it was almost sinful to just wander in the fur. "What's on your mind?" Once inside, she'd wave over to the living room, where the old couch was, still happy to supply comfort for the pair. It seemed as if just yesterday she'd been cleaning a mess of white powder after a playful mishap with him... and now the air was heavy and thick.

Oh, why must things be so complicated? I wish I could fix everything. You'd be happy, and so would Orin, and maybe I'd still be with Dusk, and not causing trouble for you... Oh, Shawchert, what's happened? Her mind was almost betrayed by a hurt grimace, though she flicked it off of her face quickly, taking in a deep breath and leaning on the doorframe. If he sat down, she'd join him, sitting a polite distance away, but close enough to be friendly, comforting if he needed it. "Talk to me." That tiny whisper was so meaningful, and yet, so simple.

<style type="text/css">
.skykfree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2f8f6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2e3c4b; }
.skykfree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.skykfree01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#c2dada; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree01a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f2f8f6; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skykfree01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #bacfd2; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 334 OOC:!!!

He supposed it was the note that Orin had left for him, telling him to meet her at her home that night, he knew they had a great night, but it was too soon, and he knew it, and he knew that Orin did care for him, though he didn’t know how much. Smiling at Sky’s invitation he let himself in. he didn’t notice her marks, bruises or Knicks, he was still obsorbed in his own self pity.

It’s about Orin… I think I have made a mistake…

It was so odd of the big man to feel so small, right now it felt as though he had to look up at the young woman before him, when he in fact looked down on her. She would think he was a horrible wolf, and he couldn’t think of who else to talk to right now. He sat down on the old couch feeling the springs giving way to his own weight, his tail curled around his leg, he couldn’t look at her now, his face was staring at his claws.

I’ve done something, that was dishonorable…

He said, now hating himself even more, he was no Alpha, why should he even have the name “Capitano” if he couldn’t keep himself in check? He was angry with himself, not with Orin, she had done what any would in her position might have done… but it didn’t make it right for him to take advantage of her, especially as … well innocent as her.

I’m such a horrible wolf,

He didn’t expect Sky to read his mind, but he didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth or what he was thinking for the moment… he was just remembering, not understanding why he let it all happen, and he was just trying to get over Tsuki too. It was so complicated, what had he done, what had he started, would this mess his whole relationship up with Orin, or even other members of the pack?

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky starts thinking of Revoldo! :o Course, she would. Rev taught her how to comfort people in need, and a lot of her medical knowledge.

Sky followed him into the room, settling beside him on the couch with listening, attentive ears. She sat on her leg, facing him, leaning against the back of the couch with her side. As he claimed to be a horrible wolf, she frowned, reaching out and lightly touching his shoulder. "You're not a bad wolf. Everybody makes mistakes. We're only canine, it's not like we know the future before it happens." She was about to wade into dangerous waters here. Anything and everything she said had to be carefully watched, to make sure she didn't make things worse for him. He was obviously suffering.

How she hated seeing him like this. The love of her life, and closest friend, beating himself up over something that wasn't his fault. She rested her hand there, on his shoulder, and softly spoke in a whispering tone. "Tell me everything. Get it out." And oh, how she dreaded to hear it. She knew what was coming; he'd tell her a story about how he and Orin had spent the night together, clutched in eachother's embrace, forgetting the rest of the world. He'd tell her that he wasn't sure of things anymore, and that her fight with Orin had been completely pointless.

And then he'd ask her, as a friend, what he should do to make things right. And she'd answer, as a friend, the best she could, never once opening up to her own feelings for him. She'd be strong and sit there, comforting him, listening silently as he'd tell her about his distraught lovelife, and the whole time she'd suffer through it with a held tongue, because he needed her as a friend. Sky knew she'd always be doing this, and though she hated the idea of helping him move on with someone else, she knew if it made him happy, she'd somehow learn to survive.

Suddenly, as if a sick icing on her already horrible slice of guilt, memories came to her of her once beloved Revoldo. The mixed wolf had been an older lover for her back before she'd joined Cercatori D'Arte. He'd died silently in the night, without any warning. That love had been her first, and after that she'd promised never to fall in love again. Now here she was, with Revoldo's ghost haunting her mind, holding onto the hope that maybe she could do something for Shawchert, to make it better. Because she loved him.

Oh, Revoldo. You'd have known what to do. I'm so confused, but you... you've never once shown me any signs of my love for Shawchert being wrong. Why are you okay with this? She'd get no answer from her lost love's spirit. Her new and more felt love for Shawchert was the only thing that kept her there. Maybe the dead luperci had planned this all along? If so, damn you so hard, Revoldo. You're a monster under all that white fur.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 316 +3 OOC: <3

Her words didn’t really make him feel too much better but in their own way they did calm him down a little, he couldn’t help but smile, then he couldn’t help but see what was going to go on and he stiffened, it wasn’t her, he did not want to make the same mistake twice in three days. He however didn’t tell Orin most of what happened… He looked at Sky.

I… Things just seemed … I had troubles with another wolf in another pack, and … well I cared for her… and Orin comforted me…

The confession was making him feel horrible, but yet it seemed to release something of him.

We ended up mating… I don’t know what came into me, I thought I was an honorable man, that I’d wait until I was mates with the female, but I’m so dirty

He felt so dirty that her whole self was already being tainted. why had he come to her, why had things come to this? You stupid male, thinking with one part when you should be thinking with the better. He chided to himself.

I’m sorry I really shouldn’t have come to you with my problems.

He looked at her, he could see a kind of pain in her eyes but as he looked closer and saw her, he could see that she was a bit worse for wear, what had happened?

What happened to you?

He asked suddenly aware that he was not the only one with the problems, though he didn’t know the nature of what happened he still worried for his friend and pack mate. Did she get into a fight? It sure looked like it, though it seemed she had no lasting injuries. It made him wonder where he had been when he could have been protecting the young woman… how little he knew what all that was about.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky took a moment to make better sense of his words as he spoke, nodding as he went on. That hand never moved, except maybe to lower a bit to his upper back, just for the sake of comfort. When he finished, he asked her what had happened to her, and she smirked a kind of sad expression. "Got into a fight with a friend over some guy. Turns out us shorties can really pack a punch." The irony of it was sick. Some guy... him. A friend... Orin. Ew, it tasted bad. But she shook her head. "You're not here to hear about my problems, you're hear so I can try and help you with yours. Stop turning things around." She moved that hand to tap his nose lightly, lifting her brows.

She crossed her legs and sat to face him on the couch, ignoring her housecoat for now. "Okay. So let me get this straight. You had feelings for someone outside of D'Arte." Ouch, that hurt to admit. "She didn't return those feelings, and you went to Orin for some comfort and advice." She held up two fingers, then a third, touching it with her thumb. "Finally, you and Orin did the nasty, and now you feel ashamed about it." She lowered her hand and thought a moment. Instantly, the answer came, as if not from her own head.

"If you ask me, you were caught up in the moment. You had that sore spot in your heart, and you wanted to mend it. So, Orin being the nice girl who likes you enough, acts as your escape from the pain. Now you're not so sure if it was a good idea," She paused, pointing at him scoldingly. "because it wasn't, might I add." Her voice continued in that matter-of-fact but understandingly soft tone. "The question now is, now what?"

She paused and sighed, her expression becoming softer again. Hands reached out to, wether he liked it or not, take his. With all seriousness she held his gaze and spoke. "I think you've made a mistake, and a big one... but talk to Orin. If you don't think she's the right girl, then simply talk to her about it. Work out your friendship with her, and move on." Girl paused a moment, then sat back, suddenly looking confused.

"Come to think of it, Shaw... why come to me for advice? Why not Skye or someone older?" She wasn't upset by it, not even in her voice did she hint to being so. Rather, she was pleased that he'd think of her over anyone else, as it seemed he did. Girl was simply curious. Maybe she'd get a hint as to wether or not he liked her in any way. "I'm no complaining at all. I love being able to help you out when I can. You're my closest friend, and I worry about you." In her head, she added, and I love you too much to see you like this! Oh, silent screams.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 388 OOC: <3

She had answered his question, in a left-handed sort of way, and deviated back to the reason he came here. She spoke, telling him out right what happened…in a brutal sort of way. Though she got some of it wrong…

No I didn’t go to her… she came about the history thing she’s doing…

He said correcting her though that didn’t make things any better. It all still happened and he couldn’t undo it, oh how he wished he could. He cared for Orin, but it wasn’t that way. Though her explanation of it all seemed to put things in a whole different light, yes he wanted to mend his heart, but in doing so he had ripped it up in so many pieces. It really hadn’t been a good idea at all, and he knew that, it was as she said, a whimsical thing, something that just happened. Everything they did, it was done willingly by both him and her but… there was no real true love in it all. Her advice was what he needed to do to… he needed to talk to Orin about this…

Yes, I have to talk to her… I just… I need to work out my own … thoughts I suppose.

He said, his thoughts, emotions and whatever else it was, they were all in disarray and he was having trouble sorting through them, like he was in an old human house in which things had just been strewn around left carelessly on the floor, that’s what his thoughts felt like, then she asked him a question that seemed strange, but it was a question that should have been asked because no he was sitting here with her next to him, asking him why he picked her of all wolves

I … I don’t know you were the first one I thought of, I suppose.

Which was the truth, normally he really would think about Skye in such cases, especially with something that had this kind of magnitude, but it was possible deep down he thought she would be so disappointed in him, though he was so much older than Skye, that he would feel even worse. The fact of the matter was he did come to Sky first, and it was strange in itself other than he was her friend…

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky nodded with an 'ah, alright, my mistake' murmured as he corrected her. Made sense, actually; what kind of guy would go to a girl about girl troubles? Oh, wait. Haha. Right. He quickly agreed to her suggestion of talking it out with Orin, and Sky made a mental note to do the same, to mend the possible friendship she could have with the pink-haired girl. Finally, though, when she asked him why she'd been the one he'd come to, he answered, and it kind of sent her heart a flutter. That familliar burning feeling caught the tips of her ears and she glanced away, moving her hands back to her lap.

"I'm... glad you trust me as a friend then, Shawchert." Ouch. The undertone in her voice was quivery, and even though she'd been somewhat delighted to think that she'd be the first one he'd come to talk to for problems like this, it still hurt that it was only because she was his friend, and vice versa. "Actually, I don't mean to pour salt on an open wound, but I should probably tell you something." Wait, what? No! Her mind screamed at her to stop, and she hesitated.

"Y'know... you have a lot of people in the pack that care about you. A few members trust you and believe in you so much they'd likely give their lives for you, if it came down to it." She wondered where to go from there. Tell him the truth about her feelings for him, or move on and simply twist it into some sort of comforting set of words. She looked over at him, and grimaced inwardly. "I do wish you'd stop beating yourself up over something no one could've helped. It's in the past, and even if the past can hurt, it still doesn't mean you can change it."

She sat back on the couch, and out of her own depressive mood, leaned forward and gently rested her head on his shoulder. A daring move, but not one she considered out of place. "Sometimes the only thing we can do about our past is to learn from it and move on." She wondered if she was still veering this conversation towards him now, or herself. "You might not believe it, but I've been in a pretty similar situation to yours. I know what it's like to have a broken heart, and I know what it's like to be afraid of what I've done. It took me a long time to get over it..."

She paused, hesitated, but continued bravely. "In fact, it took me meeting you to finally get over it. I couldn't fix what had happened with him though. The reason we're not together now is because he died. You have a chance to fix this, so count your blessings it was only a temporary screw up. If you don't think you can be her mate, than be her friend. In the end, she'll remember to thank you, just for being there." Then, softly, like a breeze, she whispered, almost hoping he wouldn't hear. "...in fact, thank you, Shawchert... for fixing me."

Then, she just remained there, head on his shoulder, long blonde hair loose and tumbling down his side and her neck and back. Deathly silent, waiting for something, anything, that he might say in response. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, the screaming subsided, and she could hear only their breathing and heartbeats in the quiet room of the empty house.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 342 OOC: <3

It seemed that a lot of tension left only for a short while as she used a metaphor and his heart just started squeezing, what more could there be? But it seemed she was just letting him know that many of the members would give their lives for him… and in some ways that made him feel worse, it made his heart squeeze, they trusted him, and yet he betrayed part of that trust! Though she told him that it was in the past and it couldn’t be changed. He understood that, he knew he couldn’t change it, but he sure wished he could.

Sky sat back next to him and then lay her head on his shoulder, making him feel a sort of strangeness that he did not understand, but he did not shake her off, he was weighing everything in his head that she had said to him. As she spoke more, more information had to be processed and he knew it would not be so easy with his head full of things, but for some reason he wanted to soak in what she said, then the whisper… something that was quite shocking to him, and yet scary for him… the words that she had whispered seemed to ring loud in his head, louder than even the words she had spoken normally… what did it mean… as he was not smart beyond his years it took the whole silence for him to begin to understand. He got up slowly, like some kind of zombie and turned to her.

I hear what you are saying, and… I am think I know where you are getting at… I do not want to… to make the same mistakes over again. I don’t want to hurt you either, but… give me time, let me sort this mess out.

He said, hoping that his words were kind, that his normal leadership came out, he could barely understand why he got so much attention right now, he seemed like such a horrible wolf as it was.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

BOOM BREAKDOWN

When she realized he'd heard her, she froze, and as he got up, she moved off him and bit her lip, going as far as to draw blood a bit. Well that was stupid. That damned voice in her mind scolded. Now he's going to avoid you like the plague. Great timing, dibshit. Girl mustered the strength to look up at him, and then sighed softly. "I don't want you to feel pressured or rushed. I don't want you to feel stressed." She closed her eyes tight, fighting back the screams that wanted out so badly.

Sometimes, though, she was only so strong. "God dammit, Shawchert, I just want you to be happy! If there were any way I could fix this, I would, in a heartbeat. You're not the only one dragged into this damn mess. Orin knows damn well how I feel about you, and the moment she found out, the damn girl went and flaunted it!" Looks like it was Sky's turn to have a breakdown. The timing was horrible, but she just couldn't take it. Not anymore, and if her secret wasn't out before, it was now. "I didn't want this to happen all over again, damn it! I came here so I could sing and live like a normal person. The first thing I do though is fall in love with the most impossible man in this damned pack!"

Well, impossible to get with, anyway. Alphas were seriously up there in the 'no-go' zone for the little delta-at-best. Oh wait, there was more. "Damn them both for doing this to you!" Eyes closed tight, they still couldn't keep back those dreaded tears that suddenly broke and streamed down her cheeks. The whole time, it wasn't her yelling. She was raising her voice, but not loud. It was strongely spat though, then more came, but this time, not in English.

Something was said, in what sounded like Swahili, as she'd been known to occasional speak in. His name and Orin's was mentioned a few times, and then finally she calmed down again, curling into a ball. "F-Fuck..." As her frustration subsided, there came the wave of agony that came with that twisted depression she somehow got from loving him. Choked words managed to get past her knees. "I'm... I'm sorry Shawchert.. I'm so sorry... You.. You don't need this right now... I-I should've.. kept my mouth s-shut. I'm so sorry...."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 464 OOC: <3

it seemed that something suddenly came out in Sky, something that seemed like it had been a horrible monster laying in wait just for this moment alone, and she started speaking in a tone he had not heard her in, and he didn’t want to ever hear it again either, but he was forced to listen to her as she said the words he really feared she would say. Sky liked him, not just as a friend but more so, and puzzle pieces came together… she fought with a friend over a guy, oh that couldn’t have been, his heart sank… he’d remembered his own rules, but he did not want to have to deal with Orin so soon after all this mess had happened now… and now he was to punish them too? The thought was horrifying, and he hoped that Skye would have a solution… but there was more as she kept speaking… She didn’t merely like him… she loved him. He felt horrible, how could he have been so clueless? The signs had been in front of him, but how could he know either, not when he’d been so blind over Tsuki. That was still no excuse.

Sky… Oh sky relax!

He said, he wanted to go to her, to comfort her, but he was hesitating, he remembered only a few days ago what such things did to him, and he had to be on his guard. She swore… or what he thought was swearing, but he moved over closer fnally when she started talking… apologizing, he put a tentative hand on the back of her head, feeling he should just restrain himself quite a bit, though he didn’t seem to have any urge to jump on her.

You do not have to apologize, please, I know what it means to love someone you can’t have… but… give me time.

He said, he wasn’t sure what he was saying, but it was sounding like a promise of sorts, if he got better, to where he didn’t feel so guilty about his misdeed, then what? He’d fall in love with Sky? He didn’t think it would happen like that no…

But… please just … let things tale their course, you are a good friend, I don’t want to see you go…

He wanted to cheer her up but in doing so he was sounding rather egotistical in the process, at least that’s what he felt like, but he didn’t know what else to say! What could he say to make her feel better yet not tell her a lie? Because he doubt she would be a hundred percent better unless he told her he loved her, and though he had strong feelings for her, he had not thought of her that way…

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Dramallama!

Sky raised her head a bit to look at him as his hand came to rest there. She listened as he spoke, blue eyes still glistening with the threat of more tears. So much was wrong with life right now. Sky wasn't sure how, but she knew it had to end, the drama did, at some point. He told her to let things go on their own, to give him time, probably to work things out. It made sense to do that. Her mind agreed, but something was off about it. That annoying voice inside her head screamed at her again. What if he goes to her again!? You'll lose your chance. Goodbye happy romance, hello loner life. A sudden fear sparked in her eyes at the thought, and she noticably flinched.

He'd be happy with her. She doesn't have nearly as many issues. You're just some run-down heartbreak with a love for drama. That voice battered at her. No, she wasn't... why did she think that? Closing her eyes tight, she found her voice, though a bit quivery. "Promise me... you won't ever hate me." It was a lot to promise, at least in Sky's mind. The man infront of her had plenty of reasons to hate her. "Please..."

At some point, Sky stopped thinking straight. She was torn between listening to that hateful part inside her, and the feeling she had in her chest, which right now, burned like an icey flame. She'd end up regretting it. Everything she was doing. It wasn't like her to act this way. So many feelings were clashing, and all she could do was go along for the ride. It seemed that ride was taking a bold and stupid turn though.

Girl didn't hesitate long after begging him not to hate her. She'd uncurled from her ball, and then slowly moved a shy hand to his shoulder again, this time closer to the thick fur on his neck. ...what am I doing...? He was close enough, maybe she'd not have to try very hard, whatever it was she was going to try and do. Turns out it really was a stupid idea, when suddenly girl moved forward, pecking him on the lips quickly, then hovering, speaking.

"I never meant to make things harder for you. I want more than anything to see you happy. If being with me doesn't do that, then I'll support you anyway. I love you, but don't make any decisions based on that. Make them for yourself." Wow, how her words and actions didn't match. Somewhere, she wanted to hold him through it all, comfort him with soft words and shelter him from all that pain and suffering. Slowly, the hand dropped away, and she leaned back again, unable to look him in the eyes for risk of doing just that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

277 OOC: <3

He smiled slightly as her head moved, giving her time to take in what he said. Then she spoke, and his heart raced, giving a promise was not always a good thing, but when she said what, he couldn’t help but smile again. Though before he could answer at all she was coming closer and her hand reached around to touch the back of his neck and she kissed his mouth lightly. Shawchert’s heart raced. He had to back away, he did not want to ruin anything they had or may have in the future right now. It was not time for this. Speaking again, before he could move away he could understand she was speaking from the heart. He wasn’t going to return the kiss nor was he going to be running away, but he knew that before anything else could happen, he had to leave.

Sky, you are my friend and you will always be, I can understand your hurt, but please give me some time I am hurting too… I want to… to be well mentally before I decide if I want anyone as a mate. I want to be certain about it. Thank you for listening to me.

He said calmly though there was a shake to his voice, he was in a way scared, he was scared that he would not be able to show Sky exactly what she wanted. he knew she wanted to be with him, he did not want to be with anyone. He stood with his hand taking hers, the one that had found its way on his neck, and gave it a squeeze, before taking his leave.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky has issues. :/ On that note, end the thread?

Sky listened to him with dulled ears. She'd overstepped her boundries, and she knew that, but something was still screaming at her. She ignored it now, nodded slowly, and then watching him leave. "...See you around, Shawchert. I hope you figure it out." She didn't move of the couch. Rather, she'd wait there as he left, listening for the door to open then close. This was turning out to become very rotten indeed.

Girl was left alone to her thoughts. She curled up again, laying sideways on the couch, staring blankly at the wall across from her. Her mind took a twisted turn. You could've stopped him. You could've changed his mind. Men are easy to break. Why didn't you? I'm not cruel, she thought in response to that nagging voice. Why would I do something like that? It would only make him suffer more. He'd be your's. He'd be unhappy. A small price to pay for your own satisfaction, dearest. Isn't that what you want? A family to call your own?

She thought about it a bit, closing her eyes and picturing it. She and Shawchert, standing happily amongst their children, with Sky helping the pack as a high-ranked medic, and Shawchert happily leading it as he should. A large, happy home with a happy family. It would be perfect, and she'd be Sky Menue, loving wife of Shawchert Menue, the Capitano of Cercatori D'Arte. A perfect life. But I can't have that if he's forced into something. It'd be unfair.

Life's not fair. It's about time he learned that the hard way. Sky scowled, glaring across at the wall again. No, he already was learning that, and in the way worst of all. The greedy side of her wouldn't get in the way of his leading his own life. He'd learn to be happy with you. I want him to decide on his own, she thought bitterly. I don't care if it's not with me. He'll be happy, and I'll gladly watch him from the sidelines if it means so.

With that firmly set in her mind, girl sat up. This house was so tiny all of a sudden, with walls that looked as if they'd close in on her at any second. Her stomach turned. I'll take a walk. Maybe I'll figure out how to make it up to him. She stood, and got dressed, then headed out the door, being careful to avoid the direction of his home and scent. She'd leave him alone for now, even if it meant that she'd have to avoid him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]