Dreams of life in twilight.
[html]
Clouded Tears, the home that he fought for so long to get back to, was gone now. Conri didn't know what to think or say, the past few days had seemed like nothing more than a blur. He could say, at the very least, that he'd made sure that Naniko had gotten out safely, and the few others that he'd run in to when they were leaving the lands. What about his mother? He hadn't seen her anytime just before the fire, nor had he seen her while wandering these new lands. Did she disappear again? Was she safely away from the lands when it had all begun to burn? What of Laruku? He hadn't seen hide nor hair of their former Alpha since they'd all left..

Conri had spent the majority of the night awake and thinking, gazing over the new lands and considering how different everything was now. Morning had since come and the sun began it's slow rise into the sky. It was then that Conri moved, pushing himself to stand and making his way around the lake. Naniko was near, he was certain, and he'd come to the decision that he needed to speak with her. "Nani?" He called out quietly as he rounded the lake, not wanting to startle her in case she was still sleeping.

[/html]
[html]

you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.

This place was even more wonderous at night time. Naniko had met with the others and travelled with them to these lands a few hours before. She'd tried to rest earlier, but her mind was constantly going a hundred miles an hour. She knew she'd never get to sleep. So she had settled for putting ointment on her burns, and making rounds to the other members, helping them with their burns. There were certain herbs that you could eat that could make you go to sleep...but she didn't want to take any of those. If someone got hurt, or if the fire spread to these lands as well...then they would need her to be awake.

She had chosen to stay in her werewolf form, just in case. She had convinced Deuce to care for Dierdre's pups temporarily...whether they returned to stay with her and Conri or lived with their grandmother would be decided later, when everything was established and when the pups were no longer in need of the nutritious milk that the mother could give them. Naniko wanted to believe that Dierdre would return to care for them herself...but things hadn't looked good. She had barely made it out, and she was fairly healthy.

The girl sat next to the still waters of the lake. This lake was so different than the foggy one back home...she missed that. There would be a lot of things that she would miss. She dipped a hand into the water, splashing her face a little bit. She could hear her own name being called nearby, by a familiar voice, and she turned around to look, knowing who it was without having to see them. "Conri. I'm over here" She was so glad, so thankful that both of them had made it. Fate kept trying to rip them apart...but somehow they always made it through.

[/html]
[html]
The shock of the sudden string of events had long since settled in. He had come to realize that they had only made it out of the lands alive by the skin of their teeth. Also, he had come to understand that it was possible not everyone made it out alive. Was he a coward for not searching better? Did he not run the lands long enough in attempt to warn everyone that he could? All of those things tugged at his mind, they likely would for a long time to come, but despite all of that Conri knew that they couldn't dwell on it. There were survivors, even if there were only a few with them, and that was what mattered now.

Her voice broke the quiet of the night and he continued to round the lake until he spotted her, shifting to move in her direction. He seated himself to her left side when he arrived so that he could wrap his arm carefully around her, to hold her close to him. If she only knew the fear that had built up inside him during the time that she was away from him in the fire. "Twilight Vale." He spoke quietly, eyes cast out across the lake in front of them. "I think it would fit nicely." She might not have understood it at that moment, but chances were that she did.

"I think we should rebuild here Naniko. We should start our own pack." He turned his head then, bringing jade eyes to settle on her face. "It would do more good for us to stay in one place instead of wandering. Injuries and the pups, they'll only get worse if we keep on moving." It made sense, at least in his mind. "We should invite the rest of them to stay here with us, to help up rebuild and move on." Even if moving on was a hard concept to accept.

[/html]
[html]

you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.

"I haven't seen Laruku anywhere" She said, after a stretch of silence. There was a lot going through her head, so much that she thought it might explode. She wanted to say everything at once to him, to tell him how displaced she felt here in these strange lands. Naniko had been born in Chimera, but she had grown up in Clouded Tears. She had never intended to leave it, not in all of her years. And now she'd had to. It was probably a little bit selfish...but she missed everything about home. She was in a horrible mood...and wanted to drag everyone down with her.

But that kind of thinking wouldn't get anybody anywhere. That was the most frustrating part. Her head kept going back to Clouded Tears; she would close her eyes and she'd be there, sitting by their lake. Lounging in their den. But when she opened her eyes, all of that was gone. Instead, she was here.

Conri was a bright beacon in an otherwise unfriendly world. Naniko had the skills to be a leader, but right now she wasn't so sure. She didn't know how she could help bring a pack together when she felt so horrible about having to leave.

She thought for a few minutes after Conri finished speaking. He was right. They could depend on the wolves that they'd met. Naniko knew all of the ones that had come to be with them...they were all very strong and loyal. All that they needed was someone to step up and be there for them. When he hugged her she leaned into him, wrapping both arms around him. "You're so right, Conri. This place...we can make a new start. It'll be by ourselves, without Laruku...but we don't need anyone but each other."

[/html]
[html]
"I heard him call for us to escape." He tried to reassure her. He was probably just with a different group of survivors. "He's probably with a different group of people, the probably found an alternate route out." It was difficult to say it though, because Conri knew that it might not even be true. Still, they had to hope, and he wouldn't try and kill her hope by attempting to prepare her for the worst. It was possible he made it out, perhaps even with more of Naniko's family and more of Clouded Tears, and they were just regrouping in a different area.

She was quiet for a time, and Conri could understand that, given everything that had gone on. She spoke finally though, wrapping her arms around him, and he pressed his nose against the top of her head, holding her tighter than before. "I was afraid of losing you." He admitted then, quietly into her fur. It wasn't spoken in a way that might imply that he didn't think she could take care of herself, rather in a way that he feared there was a possibility at all. Fingers drug idly through the fur on her back, feeling her, reminding himself over and over that she was with him and that they were safe.

Finally, after a few moments of just sitting there, he pulled his head away from hers to watch her once more. "We should call them to us in the morning, let them know that we've decided to rebuild here." He said finally, nodding his head only just to reassure the decision to himself. "But first we should take care of your wounds, get some rest." Even if they had made it out, he was still worried for her health.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Doood. I forgot about this >> Sorry!!! <33 We can totally continue. Big Grin

When he mentioned her wounds she winced a little bit. She did have some burns, especially on her arms. She'd tried to keep the pups as close to her body as she could, so that they wouldn't get burned...but her own fur had caught fire in places, in turn touching the pups. She was glad that they were safe with Deuce, now, because Naniko was sure that she didn't have the strength to care for them. Not today, anyway. Carrying Dierdre had been very, very difficult...and then the stress of the birth, and looking for her...then running to get back to meet Conri...she was wiped out.

The now black-and-white female nodded, though, in agreement. They did need to get their priorities in order. "We should look for someplace solid to stay in...maybe the beginnigs of a den. I haven't seen a lot of this territory...maybe there will be something that's already there that we can use. A cave, or a tree or something of the sort."

[/html]
[html]
"We could scout around in the morning, if you're up to it." He commented, turning his head slightly to smile down at her. "Maybe we can scout around a little more just to be sure that there are some good places for dens, just so we know there are areas that people can live in if they like." Sure, they could pretty much live anywhere they could dig, but Conri wanted to make sure that they were safe areas. Areas near the lake, for example, could be dangerous if the land was sunk in, a prime place for flood waters to gather.

The tired hybrid shifted his head toward her, pressing his nose against the side of her face before dragging it slowly across in a sort of nuzzle. "I'm glad you were there to rescue those pups." He commented quietly, smiling very faintly. He didn't say another word and instead lifted to his to her ear, nibbling very gently at the fur there, an attempt to groom her, if only slightly, to take away some of the ash and dirt that had been gathered. Her pristine white had been marred by remnants of the fire and Conri didn't want anything, be it only dirt, left behind to bring stress to his mate.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... ized-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
We could go to the morning?

She didn't really want to fall asleep until they had someplace safe to stay in. The group had divided up a little bit, going separate ways for now, but they would call them all back together later on for a meeting or something. Just to see who else was left, and who wanted to stay. "I'm tired...but I don't think I can sleep."

Scenes from the fire wouldn't leave her mind. She didn't want to remember it...but she couldn't help it. His touches comforted her, made her feel a little less restless. She had to tell herself that there was nothing she could do now. They couldn't go back...so they would have to move forward. "Thanks" She said softly. Her skin ached in some places where it hadn't been burnt very badly. They'd all smell like smoke and singed fur for a while, even the ones that hadn't been too badly injured. She found her eyes drooping closed even as he spoke, her mind barely registering the noise. Naniko cleared her throat a little. "But they're motherless. I should have carried her with me to make sure she didn't get hurt, too.." Those were the last words she managed to get out before the exhaustion overtook her, spiraling her into black unconciousness.

[/html]
[html]
"You did what you could and that's all that matters." He commented quietly, nuzzling the side of her head lightly. "If you tried to carry her then all of you might have.." His voice trailed off, not wanting to say or even think the rest. He had been nervous about her staying behind in the first place, he would've been devastated to lose her. Though, somewhere in the back of his mind, he wondered if he should have ignored her request for him to not follow. Maybe he would've been able to help get them all out, Dierdre included, and the pups woulds till have a mother.

"Besides, they have us and Lucifer and Deuce to look after them now. I think they'll be just fine." He assured her quietly, but before he even managed to finish speaking, Naniko had drifted off to sleep. Conri spent quite a while holding her against him, watching her, before he finally moved. He was careful to lay her back with him, placing her head against his chest and shoulder before finally allowing himself to drift off.

[/html]
[html]

She felt a lot better when she woke than she had when she'd fallen asleep. She could feel Conri's chest rising and falling evenly beneath her head, a comforting thing. She wasn't sure if she should wake him or not, since he was sleeping so peacefully...and laying here together was keeping them both warm. Another reason not to move. She closed her eyes, waiting for sleep to take her again.

But nothing happened. After a few minutes of trying to get back to sleep the female moved a little, slipping out of his arms. Maybe he'd wake up on his own. If not, she'd let him sleep. He needed it as much as she did.

[/html]