Of Mice and Men (or wolves and rats)
[html]
Here it goes. Sorry it took so long for me to start. Dx

The black Russian wolf snarled in frustration and slashed at the tree with her paw. Her claws left deep marks in the trunk, which gave her some small bit of satisfaction, but the beady eyes of the fat squirrel in the branches above her seemed to mock her. It knew that she wouldn't follow. Voron gave one last glare at the chattering squirrel, letting a low growl slip from her throat as she turned away. She felt ashamed, knowing that a braver Luperci would have climbed that tree. But she just couldn't. She had tried before, and once she got past about fifteen feet, she got all quivery and couldn't move. And it was this fear of heights that made her so angry. She couldn't even conquer a stupid tree. The black female stomped away angrily, not caring about the noise she was making. Her Optime form was skinny, but her thick pelt hid some of that. She was hungry though, as she had been very often lately. Prey was a bit scarce, and when she did catch something, it was usually skinny. Voron gave a small sigh as her stomach growled.

A small grey head poked out of Voron's hair, twitching it's pink nose, then looking at her quizzically. The wolf reached up and allowed the rat to climb onto her paw.

"Maybe I should just eat you, eh?" she said jokingly. She had rescued the little creature after it had nearly drowned in a freezing stream. The rat came and went during the day, but always came back at night. It was a good companion, although the conversations were a bit one-sided."I bet it's easy for you to find food. How bout tomorrow you bring home dinner for both of us?" She petted the rat fondly, and it nibbled gently on her fingers. Voron knew other wolves might think her a bit strange for keeping the rat around, but it made her feel less lonely. Something about the little creature made her think that it was smart. It seemed to understand what she was saying sometimes, and knew when to stay hidden.

Voron put the rat back on her shoulder and started walking again. She was a little bit off of pack terratory, in a forest that wasn't claimed by anyone. The sun was setting, giving the sky a gentle red glow. She could smell snow on the air though, and knew she had better get back before a storm started. She was half artic wolf, but still didn't fancy being caught without shelter in a snowstorm.

[/html] 
OOC- This is set after my thread with Axelle.

J'adore bid farewell to Axelle and continued home, and he was nearly there, stopping only to the sound of frustration. A black wolf was seen through the trees speaking to something, J'adore couldn't see. 'Hello?' J'adore greeted the wolf unsurely. He crept closer, lifting his head to the rustling of the branches. He found himself staring into two beady little eyes. Squirrel! Now he understood fully, opening his bag and producing a whole rabbit. 'Here, we caught an Elk last week or so, we're fine'. He walked closer and smiled, 'It'll give you a better meal too'. J'adore looked at the small rodent on top of her head, 'Sakal' he greeted it in low-speech. The creature nodded, remaining silent. Probably apprehensive about a strange wolf. J'adore would be. He liked to give everybody a fair chance, but he wasn't stupid. For example, this encounter was friendly and neighbourly. J’adore flicked his attention to the squirrel high in the tree, ’Det em sai for tel!’ he ordered, before the animal dashed away in a grey swish. J’adore had left Axelle to her own devices, he left with a wave and set off home, not wishing to be caught in the snowstorm, but if it meant helping someone out he would stop even in thunder and lightning.
[html]

Voron turned as a stranger's voice addressed her, her brown eyes narrowing to slits with automatic suspicion. She knew that any wolf you didn't know could be a danger. However, when the brown male took a rabbit out of his bag and offered it to her, she couldn't help but reach for it. Is he crazy? she thought, He doesn't even know me! Still, she took the rabbit gratefully, and, holding it a bit self-conciously by her side since she lacked a bag, she thanked him.

Well, she almost thanked him. The black female was just opening her mouth when the stranger spoke in a strange tongue. It took her a moment to realize he was addressing her rat. The rodent seemed to understand what he had said, and relaxed a little. Then the male turned his attention to the squirrel Voron had failed to catch, and spoke a few words to it before it fled. Voton was too shocked to say anything for a few moments. She had heard stories of wolves who could talk to lesser beasts; in fact, she thought they might have had one in her old pack. Not that she had ever payed attention to the boring adult stuff when she was younger. Now she wished she had. Voron was immediatly fascinated by this... this communication.

Finally finding her voice, the black wolf spoke; her words were slightly accented, hinting of far off places.
"Thank you... For the rabbit. My name's Voron. How did you do that? Talk to the squirrel and rat I mean." Voron stared at him wide eyed, knowing she wa probably being rude with her bluntness, but utterly enthralled by his powers. He could talk to prey! Suddenly, she was determined to learn this language of the lesser creatures.

[/html] 
'Your welcome, that was Low-Speech' J'adore announced proudly. 'I could teach you if you like? But with the look of them clouds, we should find shelter first...' He smiled. He had ordered the squirrel away before this female ate him. He had then greeted the squirrel, who was as hushed as it's master. J'adore tought many times about aquiring a pet. But Fuerte was enough to keep him on his toes, damn horse... He didn't mind teaching again. Axelle learnt quickly, but Vata would want rest, so this lesson was just him, Voron and the rat. He had never spoken to anything larger than Vata apart for Fuerte and maybe the odd bear, tiger or lion. Actually the only things he never spoke to was Elk. Especially the ones he intended to eat. And the rabbit he had caught... he was clambering over a boulder when he spotted it below. Poor thing didn't have a chance. Coaxing himself from his mind he asked with pure intrest, 'What pack do you come from?' She must have been from further away. He mentally made a list of where she had not come from: Crimson Dreams, Inferni, AniWaya and Cercatori D'Arte. So that left Anathema, Pheonix Valley, Cours de Miracles and Dahlia de Mai. Her accent wasn't far off Vee's, so she was probably of soviet origin.
[html]

The wind started to pick up as clouds crept across the sky. Voron looked at the heavens, trying to judge the severity of the storm.
"I would love to learn low speech," she said. "But I agree that we'd better find shelter first. I don't think it'll be a blizzard, but we wouldn't want to be caught up in it." Voron had lived alone for a while, which had forced her to learned rudimentary weather telling skills. To be caught in the open in the middle of a storm in the far north would have been a death sentance.

The black wolf looked around and quickly found a natural shelter formed by two large rocks leaning against one another. It wasn't perfect, but it would do for a few hours. Heading towards it, she answered the male's question. "I'm from Dahlia de Mai. Before that, I was a loner." She decided not to mention her old pack; she would rather not delve into her past with this stranger. "Thank you for your offer to teach me low speech," Voron said gratefully. She lifted her paw so the rat could climb onto it, then lowered it against her chest so she could shield the small crature from the cold winds. "This rat, I call her Moon. I would love to be able to speak with her.
"

[/html] 
'I'd love to teach you, I've just been teaching Axelle' J'adore said happily. He did not know if the two females had met, but he decided not to explain. The two made their way swiftly to the duo of rocks. 'Hmm, I've been in my birthpack, mind you it wasn't a real pack... Crimson Dreams, for a while and now a proud AniWayan! his voice rose slightly at the end. As she take him for the offer of a lesson, he smiled again, 'No problem'. Voron spoke of her rat, J'adore elevated a hand to the animals neck and gave it a quick stroke. She was an intresting colour, grey hooded. The only rats J'adore knew of with the colouring, we're the domestic desended. 'Domestic desended?' he questioned relaxing against the rock. Cold white flakes whipped around, like boats in the sea. J'adore, despite the horrid weather, was happy to teach. He'd taught Nian, Axelle and most young in his pack, it was in his blood. It was, in his eyes, his duty to teach others, due to his literacy skills. He took his bag of and set it aside. The wind didn't make much noise, so it was easy to converse. J'adore wasn't used to this weather, living most of his life in the warmer parts of Europe, but it didn't mean he wasn't adapatble, no. He was wearing a thick scarf, cargos shorts and an human army style jacket, he was only wishing he had something to cover his choclate black rimmed ears.
Of Mice and Men (or wolves and rats)

[html]
If you want to, feel free to powerplay the part where he teaches her like you did with Axelle. I don't mind. Smile

Now that the male had mentioned it, Voron could smell the faint scent of Axelle on him. She had met the black and white female a while ago, and respected her. She had seemed a bit angry at the world, but had been kind to Voron. If Axelle could trust the male, especially after all she had been through, then he must be worthy of Voron's trust. 

Now feeling certain that J'adore would not harm her, Voron settled into the small shelter that the rocks offered, trying to get comfterble.  With her thick fur, Voron was not cold. Her old pack had lived farther north than this, and there had been bitter winds coming off the ocean. Compared to that, this was nothing. But the black female knew that not all wolves were that lucky, and some could not stand the cold. J'adore had a nice scarf and clothes, which probably afforded him as much protection as her arctic fur did. His ears looked cold though; they weren't as small and rounded like hers. The wind must bite them painfully when he was outside. The female suddenly wished that she had a hat to give him in thanks for his teaching her. But she had nothing. She had learned to travel with nothing but the fur on her back, but now that she had a home, that could change. 

"I don't know," Voron said in response to his question about Moon. 

"I suppose she must be, since I've never seen a wild rat that looks like this. ," 

[/html] 
OOC- Okay I'll do that. You can finish up here Big Grin

J'adore spent the next hour or so teaching her the basics, 'Are you hungry?', 'How are you?', 'Are you cold?', 'What do you want?' as well as a few responses, so that she may find out about Moon. She would learn more alone as J'adore had instructed Moon to help her along and teach her new words. After a while of silence J'adore stood up, 'I better be going... I have to ride tomorrow'. He streched and shook the flakes from his mane. He hoped she would not mind him leaving, 'Will you be okay' he asked. Of course she would! She's practically manufactured for the cold! J'adore was adaptable but he was Spanish and the answer was evident. He said goodbye and made his way home. Shifting to his faster, stronger Secui form and racing off, the flakes almost blinded him, but he ran these routes so often he could run them with his eyes closed. He did that often with Fuerte, the stallion didn't spook for anything and he knew the route as well as his two-legged companion. He reached home in record time, settling down with a book and a mug of hot water.
[html]
Woo! First completed thread! Smile

Voron thanked J'adore as he rose, hoping that one day she'd be able to repay him. As to his question about whether she'd be ok, she laughed and said,
"Yes. The snow is my home. It's the summer that I have problems with. " She bid the male farewell, hoping he'd get home safely, and then curled up in the small shelter. Saying "Goodnight," to Moon in low speech, the female shifted to her Lupus form. She would spend the night here, out in the wild of no-pack's-land, like she had done so many tines before. The rat snuggled into the thick fur of it's companion, and they both fell asleep, their hearts filled with gladness that now they could speak together, and wonder at the male's kindness. Voron had met alot of wolves, but very few she would call kind.

[/html]