Birthday Wishes, Apology Kisses
[html]

+796 Happy IC Birthday, Shaw! Big Grin Like the title? It's so random...
...or is it? DUN DUN DUNNN.

Today was a good day. It was sunny and warm for once, and the rain last night had led to a soggy mess of greens and brown in the early morning. Now, though, it had dried up. It felt like Spring had come early, but Sky knew as she sat on her front deck, that this wasn't the case. Sure, it was a great day and all, but there was just one tiny dark cloud hovering over the little wolfdog.

She'd figured it out. Why she'd been sick and lazy lately. Why she couldn't stay mad at anyone. Why she'd stopped fighting Orin back then. Wearing a loose tank-top and some stretchy slacks, girl sat in her wooden lawn chair, eyes clouded in thought. How could it have happened? She'd figured it out that morning when she'd noticed her reflection on the rain-cleaned window. Weight in her family was rare; everyone since 1998 had been twigs, herself included. That, plus the fact that her arms and legs were still the same lean shape as before, told her the hard, unwanted truth.

She was pregnant. Jensen had gotten her pregnant that time. No one could know who the father was. She'd rarely seen him since then, and somehow she doubted he'd play out as a good father. Her first time, and so young, and she'd gotten knocked up. How many weeks now? It had been about ten... maybe eleven days. That meant there was surely a heartbeat by now. Abortion of any kind was long forgotten.

A scent on the breeze. Shawchert's. The thought of his reaction, and how he'd feel about it so soon after they'd made up... it sent a cold chill down her spine, and a hand to her stomach. Who would he be more angry with? Himself, or her? He'd ask who the father was. Would she tell him it was Jensen? As the alpha, and her best friend, he had a right to know, right?

Would it ruin what little relationship they had going for them? What about Orin? She was bound to turn up pregnant. Sky thought a moment. What would the white wolf think, if she knew Sky had done the same thing as her? She'd mock you. You'd deserve it. Sky hesitated as that nasty voice came back. Kill it. They won't notice an extra scar. All you need to do is use a needle. Tiny little pinch. You know how to abort, so do it.

Instinct kicked in, and for the first time, Sky felt able to completely ignore the voice. It vanished, and she sat back, no longer looking as if she'd seen a ghost. Speaking of ghosts.... Out came Jasper through the open door. He moved to the front steps, but stopped at the babygate that was set up. Sky grinned over at him.

"Sorry, buddy. We'll go for our walk later, okay?" She'd put the gate at the top of the stairs to prevent the goat from escaping. She didn't want anyone making a snack of the poor kid, rather preferring her pet alive than barbecued. The distraught goat trotted over to her and looked up at her in disappointment. She leaned over to rub his ear. "I bet you knew already, didn't you? Maybe I knew... but I was in denial?"

Casper clambered onto her lap carefully, and she held him there, happy to run her claws through his fur. "I bet your mother never had to worry about this sort of thing. I wish I were feral like you... you don't have to worry about anything anymore. Just grazing and stuff." She hugged his head to her chest and sighed. "No hunting, no mates, no pups... no drama for you. " She moved his head to face her, and scowled at him, holding his fluffy cheeks. "Do you know how lucky you are?"

With pale eyes, he blinked up at her, then bleated. Sky's scowl faded and she sighed, letting go of his face to pet him again. "I guess you don't understand me. But at least you're a good listener, Casper. Better than some people I know." The little goat bleated again, flicking his ears boredly. "...you don't care, you silly thing. Go eat your kibble." With little effort, she shoved the thing off her lap, and with a disgruntled bleat, Casper went back inside to do just that.

Left alone, Sky leaned on the arm of her chair, ears back, looking midly unimpressed. "It had to be a goat, didn't it? I couldn't get a goldfish or a cat. No. I had to get the danged goat." She turned towards the door and raised her voice a bit, glaring. "And a darn useless goat at that!" Back to pouting. "Stupid goat."

<style>
.sky-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sky-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sky-d04 b {color:#091F2C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sky-d04 {background-color:#6DA2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/skytab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#20333E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
.sky-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 331OOC: She gonna tell him on his birthday!

Shawchert turned four today and he didn’t want to spend it alone. Once again he found himself heading back into town and right to Sky’s home… why he had not visited anyone else lately… well he’d keep that to himself, he was still available if anyone was in need of him in any way but he was enjoying the time he had with Sky. Even if it was still awkward from the drama that came out of it, he still wanted to be there with her and find out if he liked her as much as she said she liked him. He had his flute out today and he was playing it, it was the lullaby that she had taught him when they first met. He spotted her before he got too close to her house, but he kept playing, until finally he was standing next to her, a smile on his face, though it left him when he saw her pouting face.

Is something the matter Sky?

He asked, turning serious in the second he saw her unhappy look on her face. he hoped he hadn’t done anything wrong, of course he would go right to thinking it had been all his fault that he was unhappy today… his plans or the thoughts of his plans seemed to end, or at least the plans he thought he had. He wanted to try for that walk again today, especially since the sun was finally out, though the ground was full of freezing mud. He wondered if it would make her feel any better. He wasn’t sure, whatever the case, he’d rather have a happy Sky, and she’d been like this ever since … well his stupid mistake. He hoped that wasn’t the case, though he didn’t want to have to confront anyone else in any case. He hoped that whatever was bothering her would be forgotten in a little while, he wished that he could see the old happy sky again…

<style>
.shaw-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a01 b {color:#ffc57c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a01 {background-color:#584329; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/odc3b.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #ffc57c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#291f13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

+308 Reference: Old Soul- From a book series I read called Night World. Love. <3

Sky's ear only gave a flick to his flute's music today. Inside, she swooned, but that mask was on despite her pouting, so her only sign that she knew he was there was a glance in his direction. As he asked what was wrong, her tail curled up and uncurled once. "Hm? Oh, no, just thinking, really." She let her head fall back casually, and looked at him out of the corner of her eye with a smile. "You were here just yesterday, but it's like you never left. Funny that."

Those blue eyes took on a clear look, like glass instead of a mirror. If one looked closely, they'd see the true Sky, a hybrid master of books and music, young but with an old soul, long since passed down to her from wise women of the past. Both eerie and beautiful, so many secrets were hidden behind those sapphire eyes, kept locked away from prying hands. She smiled then, and those windows became mirrors once again.

"I was just musing over Casper, is all. Goat's as dense as a brick, sometimes." She sat up, then stretched her arms above her, clasping her hands together and arching her back. It showed off her curves a bit, slender form broken by a bump, soon to become an obvious pregnancy to even the blind and slow-of-mind. With a happy sigh, arms came back to rest on the arms of the chair.

"You were playing my lullaby." She stood from the chair and approached him in two steps. Then, simply enough, she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his back, hugging him gently. "I'm glad you remembered it." Still holding onto him, so long as he didn't back away from it, she relaxed her shoulders and ears, half-lidded eyes staring into space a moment. "Play it again for me?"

<style>
.sky-d04 {background-color:#6DA2C2; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/skytab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#20333E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 251 OOC: <3

He listened to her excuse, though he was not convinced. He would let it slide, if she wanted to tell him what was really going on, she would. He couldn’t help at smiling when she told him how much goats were useless… he thought the same thing, though she kept it around, he supposed it was good therapy to have a companion around, though he was sure there were better choices… than goats. As she stretched he couldn’t help but notice the small bump, but he bit his lip asking her any questions that would make her break down, was she that depressed? She stated about her lullaby and he couldn’t help but smile.

How could I forget it? One of our first performances with someone, and I do know it means a lot to you.

He’d remembered the emotion that she showed when she was singing the song. She came up to him, and wrapped her arms over his shoulders, something that would not have been possible if he were away from the steps, he felt a warmth at the pit of his stomach rise through his body. He didn’t have to answer her with words when she asked him to play it again. He obliged willingly, making the song linger as it played through the town, though it was meant just for her. it seemed things would calm down from now on, and his birthday would be one very good day. It pleased him to think that he would at least be able to spend the day with her.

<style>
.shaw-a01 {background-color:#584329; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/odc3b.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #ffc57c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#291f13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 245

He explained, then played, and she held there, ears flicking occasionally to the tune, lost in the music. Though normally, it would bring tears to her eyes, she could now happily admit that it brought back good memories as well. What little she remembered of her mother, loving and caring despite her illness at the time... the time she and Shawchert had preformed together. All if it was good, and now it not only reminded her of her loving parent, but now of her loving... no, caring friend.

As he finished the lullaby's melody, she pulled back a bit and smiled at him, a far-off glint still hovering in her sapphire eyes. "Thanks. That made me feel better." Carefully, gently, she placed a tiny kiss on his nose, then pulled away and wandered towards her front door, tail swishing. "Come on in. I've got the fireplace lit, so I can make us both some tea."

And in she went, leaving the door open from him to follow. "Make sure to close the door on the way in. I don't want Casper outside if I'm not there." And as she went to find the tea mix, and some cups, girl was left to her thoughts. He's as off as I am today. I wonder what's up? He was so happy when he came up... was he thinking of me? Tiny smile worked into a lovesick-giggle accompanied grin. If he was, that might be a good sign.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 234

Shaw was so happy that he could get her to feel any better, and it seemed to. She kissed his nose, which brought color to his face, but he did not move away from it, but merely smiled stupidly. Maybe this would be his best birthday ever? who know, he got up after she went in, making sure the goat was no where near the door before slipping in and heading to the fireplace. A project that the both of them did, and in a sense had such fun making, it was a good memory, though he wished the house did not make him bend forward, he was too tall for these human things, and he sat down feeling a bit better not having to turn his neck to one side.

Tea does sound very good, and you’re right, it’s nice and warm, I see the fireplace is working out well!

He said feeling the warmth in the room hug him tightly, he liked it, warmth was nice, especially from his own drafty house, but that was temporary, he’d only made the house he did the way he did, was because he didn’t have time to build a good strong sturdy one, which when Spring came he knew he would have that time. Yes… he found he was more comfortable here right now than his own home, However cramped it made his neck feel.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 191 Uber small post away! D:

"I told you it would!" Came Sky's voice from the kitchen. She came back in with a kettle-pot of water, taken from the fresh bucket of it she kept in her nook, changed every day. She plopped down beside him, a bit closer to the fire, and set it up with some metal pokers. Adding a new log to the fire, she leaned back, smiling at the crackling flames in approval. "I've never had a warmer night in."

She turned her head to him, then smiled again. "So what brings the alpha to my humble abode? Surely not the weather; it's so nice out today." She reached back casually, working at her hair a bit. It was kept up in a ponytail, held together with a sky blue ribbon. Untying it, she shook it out and ran her fingers through it a moment.

She then tied the ribbon to one strand, near her ear. It looked cute there, and to her, it was completely unintentional. Sky simply preferred her hair loose, was all. She'd kept it up that morning because she'd been doing chores around the house. "Nothing's bothering you, right?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 358

He watched her as she came back into the room, with the kettle, and kept watching as she moved, his eyes just couldn’t move away, though he wouldn’t admit that. He smiled as she spoke, thinking of his answer that he would give her. she added the dreaded off note as well, he didn’t have to always come to her for bad things!!

Actually nothing bad at all, and the weather is rather nice, I just wanted to celebrate my birthday with someone, and really did hope you would like to go for a walk with me.

He said, smiling. He couldn’t help but want to put his own fingers through her hair just to see what it felt like, but he stopped himself, ugh what an ass, trying to get her right after you did something with Orin. His smile was bright though and it didn’t show off any of his thoughts at all. He wanted her to believe him, he’d never lied to her before so he doubted he had anything to worry about.

I guess I could have Chosen Skye but she’s been busy with Bangle, so I couldn’t really choose him either, and the others… well they are not as close to me as you are…

He thought of Orin at that moment, he had not really gotten the chance to talk to her at all yet. He wanted to give her time, and room, and then he would go to her, he knew she was upset with all the things that were going on, and he did not want her to have too much more added to it all. So Sky really was his best bet on company for his birthday. Yes, that was it, and he’d stick to that reason. Besides, he felt at home now, especially since they were working out their wounds, and he knew how she felt, which made him wonder… would he have ever been with Orin if they hadn’t done what they did so quickly? It was an odd thought to think about, but it was noteworthy. Even though he knew nothing would come of it now.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 372 Ahh, that's better. :3

Her ear flicked as he spoke, and then she didn't hear a word after that. It was his birthday!? That made him... oh, about four years old now. She blinked, then looked over at him with a grin as he finished his reasoning. "Oh! Happy birthday, Shawchert!" She opened her mouth to say something more, but was cut off as the kettle hissed in warning of a whistle. She erked, then moved it off the heat quickly, attatching the handle to it and pouring them both a cup each.

Sitting back on her knees again, she passed him his cup. "I didn't realize it was today, otherwise I'd have gotten you something for a gift. I'm sorry." She smiled that award winning smile, and her tail swished. "I was going to consider staying in today, though, because my back's bothering me a bit. I think with a good stretch though, I should be okay for a walk."

Spending time with Shawchert? Anything to do so. She'd refrain from telling him the news today, if only to save him the drama on his birthday. That was the right thing to do, yes? Yes. Subconciously, she moved a hand to her stomach, glancing into her tea as she sipped. Then, with that same bright smile returning, she chuckled a bit. "Can you think of anywhere you'd like to go? Maybe we could hun-"

The sentence hung unfinished, as she reconsidered the idea. Hunting... that would mean she'd have to shift. Was she too far along for that now? She had a bump... I'd better not risk it. Even if the kid's Jensen's, I don't want to abort it. She sighed, and tilted her head to the side. "Ah, maybe not hunt together. My back and all. I don't want to strain it by shifting." Lies. Her back was sore, but it wasn't that bad.

"Ah... it doesn't matter anyway. I'm a lousy huntress when it comes to sharing the task. I've always hunted alone, so working in a team is less productive for me." She shrugged. "Maybe in the Spring, when the pack's got time to relax, I'll take some team-hunting lessons from someone." She glanced back at him and perked her ears happily.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 232 OOC: Shaw isn't all stupid male jelliness Big Grin

Oh I won’t expect anything at all, no harm no foul, this tea is good enough!

He said happily as he gave him the cup of tea, he took a sip of it, burning his tongue slightly. He did catch her hand going to her belly, and her letting him know about her back… well Shaw was not that stupid. His smile became neutral now, and he was certain she was keeping something back from him. Even her excuse.. well it kind of felt off to him, he bit his tongue for a second, but then got his nerves up.

There’s something the matter isn’t there? It’s not just your back.

He was starting to put the puzzle together, the sickness, her slight weight gain, her moodiness, though much of that had been caused by him… her back aches… but he needed confirmation… then he needed to know who the male was. If he was sure that was indeed the case. Shawchert stared at Sky, his eyes intense, wanting the truth from her. The room was deathly quiet now, and the happy feeling in him slightly gone, was she not telling him this for any reason, or did he really not deserve to know? Whatever the case may be… he just didn’t want them to be distant from each other not when he was trying so hard to bring their friendship back.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 325 Bipolar. Did I mention she's just a bit bipolar? Yeah. Aheh.

She was smiling as he mentioned the tea, but the smile quickly faded into a blank stare as he voiced knowing something was up. Her eyes went to the fireplace, and she bit down on her bottom lip, canine teeth poking dangerously deep. Idiot... I should've been more careful. Of course he'd notice. Her eyes narrowed a bit, and the silence continued. ...might... might as well. If he'll ever love you, then he'll love you even if you... no, nevermind. Just... tell him the truth. No lies. She sighed, closing her eyes a moment. Now or never.

"...it happened before that thing with you and Orin. He flattered me, and I stupidly fell for every line." She scrunched up her face in spite. She was quiet for a little longer, then with a single cruel laugh, she shook her head, closing her eyes again. "Just like me to get angry at Orin for doing the same damn thing. At least you had a good reason for it." As she spoke, her teeth flashed many times, and she never looked over at him.

"Hah. And you know the best part?" She rolled her head back and sneered darkly at the ceiling. "He'd sooner deny knowing me than help for even a moment. Kid's gonna be just like me because of it. Fatherless and screwed up." She closed those eyes again, lowering her head. "...I yelled at you and Orin... I got all freaked out... because I felt guilty. I did the same damn thing, and I scolded you both for it."

That sneer returned and she placed her cup down on the floor, leaning forward towards the fireplace a bit. "Some great friend I am, huh? Laying hands on Orin and barking at you over something I already did." She scowled then, glaring into the fire. In a darker tone, softer spoken than before, she growled at herself. "My Father and Dusk would be so proud."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 462 OOC: This one did not fail so much thankfully!

Now the truth came out, or at least what Sky believed to be the truth, though he doubted she was as bad as she said she was. He listened to her though, and knew one of the members of the pack had done this, though from her knowledge he wouldn’t amount to anything as a father… His heart had a horrible squeeze on him, and his lungs felt like they were deep under water, trying to catch a break. He swallowed hard not trusting his voice, and letting her finish up her speech. Well… what a good birthday gift… to know the woman that you chose was going to have someone’s child or children. It hurt… it hurt a lot, but he could see and feel the pain that she was feeling, and he felt bad… though this all happened beforehand… He wouldn’t blame her, not for the fight not for anything… he figured she’d been in heat, that was the only explanation for all of her behavior… and it just made things get worse. He moved closer to her.

Oh sky…

He paused his hand was outstretched to take her shoulder, but he was thinking twice, not because he was disgusted, but because he didn’t know if she wanted him touching her right now.

You told me yourself, I was caught up in the moment… which I was… and it seemed you were too… I think… the pups you have will not grow up alone… they have the whole pack to look up to.

He said, there was a voice growing louder in his head ‘They are not yours, you should make her dispose of them’ he growled at himself inside his head, that was something he would refuse to do.. his own father had done that, and many wolves had left… besides, he should embrace the new life if anything.

Sky… there’s nothing to be… you should not feel that you are a horrible person, I will still be here for you. That is a promise… but can you tell me who the father is at least?

He had no intentions of causing more of a pack outrage, but possibly calling the man out, though that was up to Sky if she wanted to answer him or not. He moved a little closer and this time put his hand on her shoulder, hoping it was a reassuring sign that he was not entirely upset… but was he or wasn’t he? It was hard to tell, so many emotions were flowing through him, anger, hurt, unhappiness, uneasy, the caring feeling that he felt for Sky, especially when she was down like this… and his guilt that he had made her feel this way by calling her out on her own bluff.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 460 Oh goodie, now they both have a voice in their head. xD

She listened to every word silently, that disgusting expression still lingering on her face. She could feel it, be it her imagination or reality, the distress she'd suddenly caused him. He cares. He's angry about it, but not because of you. See? He's as good as yours. That voice... Argh! What an annoying thing, that instinctive voice in the back of her mind. He asked who the father was eventually, and without meaning to, she shook her head slightly. Realizing this, she sighed.

"Jensen."

The name was spoken with such... distaste. She felt his hand come to her shoulder, and it was if he'd flipped a switch. Girl's eyes shot open, and for a second, she was rigid. Just as suddenly, though, she all but threw herself at him, arms snaking under his and around his back, gripping tightly. Then, the tears came.

"I didn't want this! I don't want this! Shawchert, I'm scared!" She shrieked into his fur, eyes shut tight. "I don't know why I did it! I'm so sorry... I'm sorry..." More apologies followed, murmured amongst sobs and hiccups as she cried into his chest, ears pinned back and body twisted in a way that was probably uncomfortable.

That voice in her head taunted her as she cried. Everything you worked for is falling apart. He'll never accept the kid, so why bothering carrying it? You know how. Abort it. No one would think badly of you then. They'd shower you with well-wishes. ...no... This was our last chance with him, stupid girl. One lie. That's all it would've took, was just one white lie. No. The thing doesn't even have a name or face yet. What's stopping us?

For a long moment, Sky wondered. She'd be able to continue as a medic without a child bogging her down. She'd have a less strained chance with Shawchert, who seriously seemed to be considering her these days. No one would glare at her for having a bastard child, or children. Life would go back to normal, and in the future, she'd have a chance to start a family with Shawchert. It seemed like the ideal choice.

A heartbeat. Her own? No, and it wasn't the baby's. Shawchert's. Deep and steady, even at a stressed pace. The voice couldn't argue with it. If she got rid of the child, he'd be free of strain towards her, but if he found out, he'd hate what she'd have done. It'd really be over for us then. Her sobs broke away into a soft hiccup every now and then. ...I'm not a murderer. It was weird to have the voices, her own and her instincts', in unison like that. He'll just have to accept it if he wants to be with me.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 333 OOC: Big Grin posting the posts of the postings!!! Shaw is such a pansy

The name made Shaw go rigid, now he regretted letting the man into his pack, ravaging the innocent girl, though it was merely consensual… from the way it sounded… her guilt and all. He loosened up before she through herself at him though which was good or they both would have toppled, and she cried…. Oh how he did not want her to cry, he cradled her in his arms, speechless. Was he doing the right thing, did he care enough to be with her and the children of that white and orange man? The sarcastic man who seemed to play well in Shaw’s good books? He’d have to … talk with him, but for now his attention was on the female, the beautiful female that was in his arms and so stressed it was not good for the pups… he stroked her hair, now knowing what he was missing, the feel of it in his fingers it was nice, and it was comforting him in so many ways…

There’s nothing you need to apologize about, after all, we are not mated…

a small simple word came into his head…’yet’… the word lingered in his mind, though he was still doubtful of what he felt for her at this point in time. He just knew he did not want to see her this way, though if they did become a mated pair, he was aware that he would have to play father of one that would not be his, but the thought did not scare him as much as he thought it would. No… it was still her child… that would be born in this pack. He’d make sure of it. He didn’t know what he would do if she left the pack, would he go after her? would he fall into despair, would Skye have to come in and knock him around again a few times? There were so many questions, for one simple act… something he doubted he’d be ready for…

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 355 Boy, get your act in gear! Tongue

Well that didn't make her react the way either of them likely suspected. Her eyes snapped open at this, and she frowned. For a moment, she was silent, no longer crying but not really moving either. Her mood was swinging again, and she was waiting to know what it'd be. Bullshit. This is bullshit. He's stalling. He either has to say yes or no. She glared into his fur, grib tightening a bit. Don't be so old school. Ask. Him. Her chest tightened a bit. Now was most assuredly not the time. Now.

Then again, one couldn't always win against one's inner voice, the damned nag. She pushed against him, bringing her arms around to his front, and looked up at him with a frown. "And why not?" Oh joy, spoken like a true girlfriend right there. No doubt, next would be a lecture. "Quite frankly, if you hadn't been so caught up in pretty redheads, or stuck mulling around in your house, maybe we'd have this figured out by now." Lecturing tone was more than evident.

"I remember my sister saying there was a time once when wolves took mates in under a week of knowing them. Even and especially alphas. They didn't need to spend years together to know. They trusted their instincts, and I'm pretty damn sure we luperci still have such things." She furrowed her brows at him, her tail twitching. "Last time I checked, we were still wolves, not humans. It's not like we have decades to live like they did. By two years of age, most wolves were mated off back then. Still are now."

She looked up at him with a very disappointed scowl. "If things keep going like this, you'd practically live here. Have you even seen the inside of Orin or Skye's houses in the last week? And yet you know my layout by heart." She sat back, on her knees, with arms crossed over her chest. Admittedly, it was adorable. "I want to know.

"Are you even considering the possibility of choosing a mate? Or are you just dragging your feet at making a decision?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 245 OOC: Big Grin

Shawchert, fully taken aback by the turn around was speechless as she made her own lecturing speech, he knew how long wolves lived, and he doubted he’d wait years for the mate he wanted, but … so soon after he messed himself up with Orin? She had called him out on his visits to her as well, no he had not even been to Skye’s house, though he knew Orin’s place well enough he hadn’t been back since… the incident. His heart beat against his chest, She spoke all thruths, in a scandalous tone that made him feel like a germ, so low so gross that he needed to be washed away… and then the moment of truth came as she crossed her arms over her chest. He had a look of a down syndrome puppy, like, nothing had just gotten through to him, except everything did. Then she asked it, the words… considering a mate, or dragging his feet. A small growl of frustration came to his thought; he threw his arms in the air.

I don’t know! You’re right, I’m probably stalling, I don’t want to, but… I don’t want you to feel like I’m taking advantage of you like I did with Orin… ok?

He felt out of breath, finally saying something, though he wasn’t sure how good of an idea it was but deep down he knew he cared very much for this woman… even more than he cared for Tsuki…

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 555 In which Sky gives him the make it or break it deal. Choose wisely, alpha. Tongue

He didn't get the chance to get the 'like i did' and so on out. Girl was back in his face in an instant, index finger jabbing painfully at his chest. "You taking advantage of me is like a rabbit hunting a tiger." Her voice was completely deadpanned. "And what in the world would you be taking advantage of!?" She sat back again and spread her arms wide, showing herself off with that same deadpan look on her face, this time a bit more confused, but not by much.

"I'm a pregnant young adult hybrid with ten years worth of medical knowledge in my head. I've got absolutely no rank in a pack with no fame, and I'm spending my days decorating my house when I could be hunting or farming." She let her arms fall again. "Getting involved with the alpha would do me some good, if you ask me."

She tilted her head as she said this, a look of sarcastic confusion on her face. "You'd be the one sinking deep being with me. I'm basically this pack's omega-ranked pet songbird. Thus far I've been a butt load of useless, and I will be for the next three months or so." She didn't say this with any sort of shame. Girl knew for a fact she was useless so far. It had been why she'd asked him to become a medic.

"However!" Arms crossed over her chest again. Her face changed to one of dead seriousness, with a hint of 'matter of fact'. "As much as I love you, I can't wait until spring. You know all the cold hard facts about me; dead mate, bastard children, uselessness so far. You know by now I have issues, and some seriously bad parts of my short past." She brought that index finger up again, only this time it waved in front of her. "I'm putting my paw down, yes, but I'm giving you a middle ground here."

She looked him dead in the eye, a serious smile on her face. "Court me." She waited a moment, purely for effect, then explained. "Wolves of the older days went through a period of time where the male would get the female to warm up to them before things got serious, and they became mates. Humans did this too. They called it dating." She tilted her nose down and looked up at him through drifting bangs. "In human terms, we'd be dating. Boyfriend and girlfriend. Wolf terms, we'd be courting. Courter and courted."

She shrugged then. "I'll admit. I'm obsessed with humans. I even want to be married someday, ceremony and everything. I think it'd be a nice touch to our civilization. Naturally, I'd be perfectly willing to settle for girlfriend status. Like a testing period, to see if things would work out. No regret if it doesn't, no awkwardness if it does. It's the perfect method. One of the few things humans had right."

She brought her hands up in an offering motion. "So, might alpha Shawchert, what do you say? If you're afraid of taking advantage of me, you should turn it around some. I'd be taking advantage of you far more often." She grinned wickedly at this, even going as far as to quirk her brows once, tail waving, mood officially swung yet again.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 187 OOC: >Big Grin

Oh Sky had her say alright, it was as though she were the alpha herself now, telling him what to do, and him being the omega… he had no choice, this was how he felt, but for some reason… he was ok with it. She gave him an ultimatum… and it was to his advantage… but that would not be something he would say right up to her face.

Sky… I don’t care what our past was like, what mistakes we’ve made, or even the pups are not mine… I would like to court you… I want to try it out, I do care for you so much, I will risk it just to have a small chance with you.

His deep voice was soft, it almost seemed unnatural, but he was just confused, and though in a way he’d been manipulated, he knew this was the only chance he had of being with Sky… and that was not something he would want to lose at all. He didn’t want her to leave, or find another mate or anything like that. He wanted to belong to her.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 208 Good choice. xDDD

As he spoke softly, her face softened from that pokerface stare to the tiniest of smiles. That smile grew into that beautiful smile, with shoulders lifted and head tilted. "Courting granted. It is your birthday, afterall." She'd have stayed all cutesy for a moment longer, but speaking of his birthday remineded her,

"You still don't have a gift from me yet!" Day one of the girlfriend diaries; forgot boyfriend's birthday, no gift. Great job, Sky. Great job. She bit her lip a bit, and then she remembered how dumbfounded he'd been when she'd kissed his nose before. ...I wonder... She blinked away her panic, then smiled slyly. "I do have one for you though."

Without hesitating one bit, she leaned forward, and decided to steal just one more kiss without permission. This time, unless he pulled away, it wasn't just a peck. ....mine. Finally. (This next bit is if he doesn't pull away...) Girl smiled into the kiss at that thought, only pulling away after a moment, and hovering there. She wasn't sure when she'd done it, but she'd started leaning against him again, hands on his collarbone this time.

"...happy birthday, Shawchert." She hesitated a moment, then looked up into his eyes, smiling naturally. "...I love you."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 171 OOC: >Big Grin

His heart was like a speeding bullet as she accepted his words as her smile returned, and his smile seemed to come back as well, though she seemed to have more to add, and though he knew she never knew his birthday, she still wanted to give him a gift… but what was better than the gift of courting her? and then it came to him as she leaned forward and planted her lips against his. Instead of pulling away he let it linger before adding to his… oh she was a good kisser. He thought they seemed to match so well. ‘happy birthday Shawchert…I love you.’ Those words stuck in his head and he smiled knowing he could give this reply back and fully understand that he meant it as well.

And I love you.

The words came out of his mouth so easily, these were the words he saved for his mother, but it seemed that that there would be someone else who deserved such words from his throat.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]