Lost and alone again
[html]

OOC: Word count: (515) - - Woo, here comes Alaki. Sorry 'bout the further delay Shaw ^^ Hope this is an okay start, i officially suck at starting xD

Spending time in the Anathema pack had changed Alaki a lot; he originally believed a pack was something he didn’t need but that idea had drastically changed. After taking a break from his own pack he realized just how much he liked the time he spent with them and simply being surrounded by them. Packs were interesting, there were many different characters and all sorts of canines with different personalities gathered in one place and formed a family. The Anathema pack never ceased to amuse and intrigue Key, which led him to wonder what other packs are like. Are all packs the same? Are there any drastic differences in the surrounding packs? Such ideas had been filling his mind for days. He had encountered another wolf from a different pack recently, which only fuelled his curiosity further.

Those very cursed thoughts are what had led him to be wandering for days, lost again. Key knew he should have learnt from the many previous mistakes but some habits are hard to kick and if you’re going to see the world, if only a fraction of it, then making your own way there and back makes it all the more worth while… Or at least that’s what he kept telling himself.

But travelling alone for long periods of time was bad for Alaki, only recently had he begun opening up to others and he knew that the longer he spent away from socializing the more he would close in upon himself. His throat was tight with panic, fearing that when and if he came across another he would be unable to speak to them. The longer he walked lost and alone the lower his mood became, he wanted to destroy something, take his emotions out on something. He did not like being scared of something as foolish as speaking to another.

Yet, socializing was terrifying to Alaki; he could not comprehend why others felt the need to speak to him when it was not necessary. Small talk, that’s what it was, pointless small talk. Why should he be polite to a stranger, why should he tell them about himself? He was sure that everyone who approached him had an ulterior motive simply because he had nothing to offer them. He wasn’t kind, caring, supportive or anything positive, all he could do was kill, fight and hurt. All of the things he was good at pushed others away, Key was sure of this. And yet, every so often someone would speak to him, expecting him to respond. Why?

Something hard collided with Key, as if it had came out of nowhere. Throwing himself backwards, muscles tense, teeth bared he looked for a threat but all he could see was a large, elegant tree. Caved within the tree were beautiful curved letters. “Cer .. Cercatori d’Arte hmmm … and how the heck did I miss this tree?” he said aloud to himself. With a sigh he relaxed a bit, “I really am going insane here aren’t i?” he whispered underneath his breath to nothing and no one in particular.

xxx
<style>
.Alaki-table .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:9px;}

.Alaki-table-header {font-size:35px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#698787; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 5px;}

.Alaki-table p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}

.Alaki-table b {color:#516566; letter-spacing:-.2px;} .Alaki-table {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9039/tablev.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 50px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }

.Table-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0px auto; }

.Alaki-table

.Separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #bbcdcd; margin:0px auto;} </style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 342! OOC: sorry about the delay myself <3

He had just finished encountering a new member and was now on his way back on his border. It had been such a good day so far, and once he was done with his patrol he would go find Sky for something to do, possibly keep warm under covers or something. That was a happy thought for him as he walked through the trees. He was nearing the border tree, the part of the border that had been the start of their glorious pack. He wasn’t one to pride himself on much, but he could with the pack because it wasn’t all about what he was doing, sure he thought this place up, he gathered the wolves and moved them here, but it was the members that made the pack itself, and he was proud of each and every single one, even if there had been some slight drama the last week or so… mostly due to him.

As he neared the border tree he slowed down, finding that there was someone already there reading the sign on the tree. Shawchert smiled glad that the art on it did not go unnoticed. He watched the male for a little while before making himself known.

Greetings! My name is Shawchert, and you are at the borders of Cercatori D’ Arte

He pointed up at the sign that was carved into the tree, in which was carved by his co leader and very good friend. He wondered what the male was doing around her, other than looking at the fine art on the tree. He doubted she came here from her own pack, for he smelled something of one on him, though he did not recognize it… it smelled much like he lived under the earth, but that was silly… He kept his welcome smile on his face, as he wondered what pack he had come from. It wasn’t any of the nearby packs he’d been friendly with four of them already, it made him very curious as to know who this man was.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchertlake b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.shawchertlakeooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.shawchertlake p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchertlake {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#9FE6F4; background-image:url(http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/475/avatarjk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1D2F0A; line-height:12.5px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.shawchertlake-border {width:438px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sunny
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 220
Haha, Key's being an anti-social pain as usual -_-

The male whom had introduced himself seemed … nice enough. He was an interesting one, his coat coloured tan, brown and maroon. It was different and yet the colours seemed to fit together naturally. But that did little to ease Key’s nerves and paranoia, seeming ‘nice’ didn’t always mean one was nice, his blues eyes peered out, staring at the male a fraction longer to asses whether he was a threat or not. Deciding to take a risk, he tentatively stepped away from the tree and tilted his head in a way of welcome at the male in an attempt to avoid conversation, but since the other one, Shawchert, had introduced himself, Key felt inclined to return the gesture, “I’m Alaki” he paused for a moment in silence, stuck on what to say next, unsure whether he even wanted to continue the conversation further or not; a quiet though whispered in his head, reminding him that it wasn’t too late to turn tail and head back home. But curiosity was a powerful thing and it pushed him to step out of his anti-social shell, if only a little.

“The tree, it’s beautiful” he said, nodding his head back, indicating towards the large tree he had walked into. “Cercatori D’ Art, that’s the pack that resides past these borders?” he inquired.

<style>
.alakidark .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#C0BFCD;}
.alakidark p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.alakidark b {color:#C0BFCD; font-weight:bold}
.alakidark {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1949/avatarmh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C0BFCD; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F72; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.alakidark-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

There seemed to be unease in the air as he saw the male look him over. It took him a while but he finally said his name, and Shawchert nodded, it seemed he didn’t want Shaw to be here… though in the back of the large male’s head he didn’t want to leave his black male alone. He was protective of his pack and it seemed that this man had stumbled upon it.

It is nice to meet you, and yes that is this packs name, and Skye, she carved that out. I carved the designs around it. And others have contributed since.

Shawchert smiled at the man, his hand moving to the flute that was around his neck, he could tell the man was quite curious as to what all this was. He didn’t blame him, rare was it to see art… and even rarer more was to see it all in one place.

Where is it you come from, I can smell a pack on you but, I do not recognize it as any of the ones I know.

He said, hoping the man would at least give him this as he now knew about Cercatori, but to Shaw it seemed the man wasn’t one who would act on things being fair, after all Shawchert tried to be fair, but still it always ended up less so.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchertlake b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2F3C17;}
.shawchertlakeooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
.shawchertlake p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchertlake {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#9FE6F4; background-image:url(http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/475/avatarjk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1D2F0A; line-height:12.5px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.shawchertlake-border {width:438px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sunny
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 285
Smile

The tree seemed to have so many different styles, certain areas and their designs gave of different emotions and so he was not surprised to hear that many had contributed to it. The art on the tree was beautiful and something that he had not seen before; he’d read books and seen words and illustrations before but nothing like this, this was fascinating! Staring at the tree he realised that he had all but ignored Shawchert and so he quickly respond with a short nod to show that he was listening, moving closer again to the tree to get a better look.

Fascinated as he was by the tree he listened to Shaw inquire about his pack; normally someone inquiring about him would have cause Key to become defensive and close up, he hated sharing information regarding himself and talking about himself to others, believing that they may be able to use such trivial personal information against him somehow. But the art! Oh the art, he was so fixated by it! So drawn in that he did not mind the question and he responded without much thought, “I’m from Anathema, we’re based in the Halcyon Mountains, we’re kinda a new pack from my understanding. I haven’t, um.. been there long” he finished, finally looking away from the tree.

As he was about to ask another question regarding the tree, something caught his eye. His curiosity of the tree and the questions about it escaped him, his attention being drawn to an object that hung around the male’s neck. “What’s that” he thought aloud, feeling embarrassed after realizing he had voiced the question, “The thing hung around your neck” he clarified before any misunderstandings took place.

<style>
.alakidark {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1949/avatarmh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C0BFCD; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F72; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

+3 OOC: I hope you still <3 me!!!!

In Character

This was the first time he had heard about this new pack, and that worried him… he needed to get out more, but with everything going on, he knew it was best to stay within the confines of his own pack; Especially in the winter.

I see, I think it is the only pack I have not heard about yet. I suppose I will have to meet their leader, though I have much to do here first.

And he had to make them a gift… like he had with the other packs. He was waiting for winter to get over with so that he could safely move along the lands and such. Most of the packs knew about them. Even a few of the leaders had come here, though it was Skye who had greeted them. At the question Shaw put his hand to his neck, to feel his flute. He smiled.

Ah this is my own instrument of art. This is a flute.

He said picking it up and playing a few notes for the young wolf; then he smiled. He loved showing off his flute and this man seemed interested.

I made the flute myself, and my mother had taught me to play. Many of the wolves here have instruments of their own, but I love the flute myself.

He said, then he pulled the flute from around his neck and handed it to Alaki. It was rare for him to hand over his only instrument… well not only, he had a metal one back at home but that was fore ceremonies and celebrations, it was rarely used because it was so hard to take care of, and was not one for everyday use. It was still rare for him to hand it over to someone, but this man seemed genuinely interested and this made Shaw want to share with him even the crude work he had put into the instrument.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 346
Pahaha, he's such a big kid. And sooo paranoid. The whole world is a conspiracy xD -is still laughing-

“An instrument” he repeated, the world rolling off his tongue, the word seemed familiar but no image or explanation of what an instrument was came to mind. An instrument, he thought again and stared at the ‘flute'. Excitement coursed through him, bubbling up to the point where it was close to boiling over; he wanted to run around and jump about like a little puppy. Yet he remained in control of his emotions, the male before him was still a potential threat; he should be being cautious.

Cautious, yes cautious. Keeping that in mind he cautiously made his way over to Shaw to get a better look at the ‘flute’, a huge childish grin spreading across his face as he approached. The lid on his excitement all but burst open when Shaw offered him the flute. Without any hesitation and very little thought he shifted to his optime form; opposable thumbs were going to be needed for this!

His hair lengthened to a thick dark mane which fell down his back; he had no hair band to tie it back with. His left ankle felt empty; missing the secure presence of his pocket knife he normally carried when he was in his optime form, but this was an unplanned and not thought through change. And he didn’t care one bit!

Gingerly he took the flute from Shaw, carefully turning it over taking in the hollow structure and holes. Looking up to the larger male, his eyes like a puppy’s; filled with endless curiosity he asked “It’s beautiful, what does it do?” Then it occurred to him; he was in his optime form unarmed, the male was a threat, he’d never let his guard down like this before. His muscles tensed up and ready to flee at any moment, his childish expression gone, replaced with one of closed suspicion.

Slowly, he offered the flute back to Shaw. He couldn’t believe how he’d nearly fallen for the male’s tricks, distracting him with an object of beauty to get him to lower his guard. What was the male plotting?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

+3 OOC:!!!

In Character

He watched careful as the man took the flute from him. Shaw wanted to pull it back but he had already offered it. He had plenty of time to move it back around his neck as the other was changing, but by the time he thought of it the other male had already taken the flute. He watched as the man turned it over looking at it then asking what it did.

It plays music, it makes a very nice sound to the ears… well it is nice IF you know how to play it of course.

He chuckled. Then things seemed to change, as the man seemed almost suspicious of Shawchert. His smile faltered as the man gave him back his flute. What was wrong? Had he said anything wrong? Shawchert took the flute back carefully, it looked like he was about to run away at any second.

Did I say something wrong friend? If I did I am sorry.

He said, holding his flute close to him now watching the other male cautiously. was there something wrong here? He sniffed the air, but it was the same smell he had always scented… a mix of him and Sky and then a little of the rest of everyone. There wasn’t much about that. Nothing wrong with the territory, and Alaki had not moved anywhere inside his borders.

Would you like me to show you how it works? If not, I fully understand…

He said, though showing off was a hobby of his he would wait for a confirmation from the other man. He didn’t want to scare him off. The black wolf intrigued him very much. He wanted to get to know him, as much as the new pack that the male was from. He backed away a little too just to give the man some space… maybe that was wrong.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 262
<333 <333 Shaw-kins *glomp tackles*, sorry 'bout the short reply x.x

His eyes remained fixed on Shaw, slowly assessing the situation. They narrowed slightly as he stepped away, giving Key some room. He breathed slowly out, trying to relax himself. The male hadn’t done anything to harm him nor had he shown an aggression. He was overreacting, that’s all. You’re okay, you’re okay he chanted to himself and slowly he began to feel himself relax. No matter what he did not want to leave, he was soo intrigued by this instrument Shaw had shown him but he had to be careful not to foolishly let his guard down again.

Shaking his head and giving Shaw a sheepish look of apology he managed to regain control and return to the conversation; but this time he would be cautious not to let his guard down. This was not his pack territory and for all he knew, beyond the borders there could be others laying in ambush or Shaw himself may be up to something. He had to be careful, to see everything and look at things from various view points; that was what he’d been taught to do and that was the only way to stay alive. Everyone is guilty until proven otherwise, the words Jay had told him resounded in his mind, so true they were.

“You’d show me?” he asked, his voice full of wonder, but a hint of wariness slipped through as well. “I’ve never seen anything like it, it intrigues me if I am to be honest” he said, adding in a lopsided grin to show that he was genuinely interested.

<style>
.alaki-clown .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.alaki-clown p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.alaki-clown b {color:#191e25; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.alaki-clown {background-image:url(http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7687/alakitable.png); background-position:top center; background-color: #506982; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#898e91; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #3c4042; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:285px 0px 0px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Smile

The man seemed really timid now, almost watchful, but he could see the spark of curiousity come back to his eyes, what a strange wolf, what made him so … unsure about his surroundings that made him act this way? He was keeping his smile on his face, the man was still welcome he had not done anything wrong, in fact Shawchert was wondering what he had done wrong to give this man a fright, he didn’t want to make him uncomfortable no matter how close to his own borders he was.

Yes I can show you. It’s not hard… well at least once you learn how to play it, it isn't hard.

He said and put the flute to his lips playing a soft calming song, nothing too slow though, but definitely nothing too fast, just something that if a group of wolves were here, they would be able to talk and enjoy the music at the same time. To Shaw it was a lovely tune but he didn’t know what the other man thought of it. He took his time finishing the tune and when he was finished he took it from his mouth.

That’s how you play.

He said smiling. He put the rope that held his flute back around his neck letting the familiar weight of it weigh down on him. He looked at Alaki for his reaction, hoping for a much more positive one. Shaw hated to be the one to be making somebody uncomfortable, it just never sat right with him.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 322
Bah, sorry i took forever getting to this x.x

Before him, Shawchert raised the ‘Flute’ to his lips and from it came a soft, beautiful sound. The male’s hands moved gracefully along the flute as he blew air into its hollow structure. As he covered various holes the instrument produced different sounds; the different sounds formed a tune. It was calming, peaceful. It made everything seem okay, for just a moment. This was Music, an instrument created music he recalled.

He closed his eyes, titling his head back and felt his body relaxing to the soft sounds which filled the area around him. The high notes, the low notes, some long, some short, each one was unique and gently moved into the next. Such a gift, such a beautiful gift! Eventually the song came to an end, leaving the dark male awe struck and utterly speechless. His eyelids fell open, his blue eyes staring out to the male with new found respect. His mouth opened and closed a few times before he found his voice. “Amazing.. Truly outstanding. I.. Wow!”.

Standing still, he looked to the male. He wondered… “Is there any way for me to learn” he asked. Yearning and hope filled him. Music seemed so interesting and Shaw seemed like he meant well. Maybe, just maybe he would be willing to share and teach such a talent to Key.

His tail swished eagerly from side to side with uncontrolled excitement. What happened to not letting you’re guard down, he questioned himself. But, weighing up the risks and such; trusting this male seemed like a good idea, especially if he could learn from him!

“I’ve not got a lot to offer in return, I can make bracelets and small jewellery pieces, erm. I can probably do something or, well. Um. I’d really, just. Um. I’d love to be able to do that” his words came out scrambled up, rushed and slurred with excitement. Please, please please he chanted to himself.

<style>
</style>Table by Sunny
[/html]
[html]

WC: 321 OOC: No worries

It seemed the wolf had actually enjoyed it. That’s the effect Shawchert was going for and it pleased the man that he could make the other happy. The song he played was one he used to calm himself down, and this seemed to work on the male who’d grown defensive. Now he was less so.

Thank you very much.

Shawchert acknowledged his praise. A smile creased his young face. It was so good to get praise for something you cherished. Then he was asked something he’d never been asked before… to learn how to play the flute. He smiled wider.

I would gladly teach you, and learning something does not have to be a trade. My pack strives to learn and teach, so I see no reason to have to trade for knowledge.

Shawchert took the initiative to sit down on his knees. He was still young but he would not stand the whole time. The great tree next to them had kept most of the snow from the ground. He motioned for the man to sit before he started talking, not waiting for him to do so.

Flutes can be very complicated or very simple. I know of two different kinds of flutes, the metal ones which are very rare to find, and the wooden kind, which can easily be made. I normally use the wooden but can play the metal too. Anyway it is easy you put this part in your mouth

He pointed to the end of his flute. Wooden flutes did not have their mouthpieces to the sides like metal ones, but Shaw was still able to play both.

And you blow to make a noise which is called a note

He blew on the flute once without covering any of the holes, making a deep low tone. He took the flute from his neck and wiped the mouthpiece off handing it to Alaki.

You try now.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]