A bit of Dust
[html]

Character Birthdate (including year): October 13, 2008

Species: Grey Wolf

Preferred Ark Rank: Painting

A Secondary Form of Contact: aim: Werewolfblight msn: Werewolfblight@hotmail.com

Currently Played Characters: Moth Lockhart

How You Found 'Souls: Shaw got me here. :>

Initial Post:

Moth looked over his shoulder with a low whine. He did this often, just looking back as if she had been following behind him this entire time, only to be disappointed with reality once again. It'd been maybe seven months now since she passed? Leaving him alone in a strange land. Although born to a packless mother, she had taught him much of the ways of her kind the best she could. He wasn't ignorant, but nor was he educated. He was a rocky medium. Together they had met other packs on their way from the highlands of Scotland but mother always chose to keep them moving towards Nova Scotia. Where father was. Or so they had thought.

Life on one's own was extremely dangerous Moth had found out. Even at two years old he was hardly a match for anyone. He was rather small, and more often than not preferred running away from a problem than facing it. He'd already run into plenty of trouble in his travels and was keen on not adding another souvenir to his hide. Since his mother's death he'd already run across several pack territories, but too timid to speak to anyone he had simply passed on by quietly. He could now smell a new scent, another pack's lands lay just before him. He made up his mind after some time, deciding to just keep his dusty colored hide right where it was and silently hope for the best.

<style type="text/css">
.moth-leaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#F0FFF0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.moth-leaf .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.moth-leaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.moth-leaf {margin:0px auto; width:430px; background-color:#1C2918; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/29c5q8j.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#426F42; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 215 OOC: Welcome to Souls missy!!!

Shawchert was feeling so much better than he had in the past few days, and he was finally getting back on his scheduled task, the first being his patrols. He enjoyed them, and today he had out his flute, playing and perfecting a tune that he made up with Sky. His song played through the forest as he walked through the lands that he had claimed only so many months before. Spotting something he found himself walking slightly faster but he waited a little bit before e pulled the wooden flute out of his mouth. Stopping, he smiled a little, another wolf was sitting by his borders, no doubt here to ask him about his pack again,

Greetings, my name is Shawchert Menue, and you are at the borders of Cercatori d’ Arte. Is there anything that I can help you with?

He asked, he’d let his flute drop to his chest, where it hung on some string he’d found in one of the buildings that scattered in Thornbury. He had a pleasing smile on his face, one that he could say should be there, if things had not cleared up the way they did, he would still be sulking and this poor boy would be the brunt of Shaw’s unhappiness, but he got lucky.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks. Smile

If Moth sat any more still than he already was, someone could probably mistake him for a large oddly shaped stone. The dusty color of his fur didn't help his case all that much. Every bit of noise made his heart stop. Though he had decided to park his hide and wait for someone to spot him, he doubted his decision with each passing moment. He wanted to go, just keep on moving in hopes of something he didn't even know. But then again he also didn't want to keep wandering aimlessly and completely alone where anything would find him as prey. He inherited that from his mother he figured, she was rather small compared to others they had passed, but she had a bit of a fiery streak if provoked. He lacked that it seemed.

Moth had been focusing all his attention on a single leaf, following its contours with his eyes, its veins when he heard something off in the distance. Someone was drawing near, he perked up, and they were playing an instrument it seemed. Part of him hoped they would pass by without noticing him, but part of him also hoped they would see him. The sounds drew closer, then suddenly he could hear their steps becoming quicker. It wasn't long until he saw someone coming right at him. Moth shifted nervously where he was, automatically withdrawing into himself, not only because mother has taught him to, but also because he was terrified. It took everything in him to utter anything at all.

"...H-'ello, sir." he mumbled, looking for that elusive thing called courage, all the while avoiding any eye contact. "Me name is M-moth. M-moth Lockhart. I'm a wee bit lost in these parts, but I was h-hoping...I know very little of these lands I mean to say."

His gold eyes focused on anything but Shawchert, "I was h-hoping I could find someplace to stay I mean. I..." he trailed off. He really wasn't good at this. There was a good reason why he avoided others. This entire situation was a pretty good example.

<style type="text/css">
.moth-leaf .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.moth-leaf {margin:0px auto; width:430px; background-color:#1C2918; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/29c5q8j.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#426F42; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 210 OOC: :3!

Shawchert felt bad for the poor boy, though he was not much younger than shaw, he seemed so shy and timid. The poor guy, not to mention Shaw was a towering beast as well, though he couldn’t help that at all, it was in his blood. He gave the young man a sympathetic smile, thought he wasn’t sure how well that would help, and it turned out he was wrong about his idea of why he was there.

Ah I see, well our pack mostly consists of artistic folk, though it is not required, but we also work as a pack, is there anything you can offer the pack in return for its protection?

He said, he figured he would have to wait for a response from the shy wolf, but Shawchert had time, and he could wait. In may ways he was a very patient especially in these cases. He would not rush any answers out, he would just let him think and then answer, still having his small smile on his face. He felt bad that the young man couldn’t even look up at Shawchert, but it seemed he’d been a loner for some time now… so a transition into a pack might be slightly hard on him.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

That leaf he'd been inspecting earlier quickly became Moth's best friend in the whole world right now. Shawchert was massive compared to him, although he seemed to be a good soul from first impressions. His tone helped Moth's nerves slightly, but it was hardly noticeable. However the entire time he remained withdrawn, shifting his paws now and then.

His golden gaze shifted from his little green friend to a stone on the other side of Shawchert when he spoke. It took him a moment, what could he offer the pack? His size and slight build was little use he figured. He could hunt, but again he wasn't much use there. Moth's gaze touched momentarily on the flute about Shawchert's neck.

“I can paint?” he muttered. “A-and draw. Well, nothin' special. I m-mean. I can mix pigments and such as well? H-honey works well for a medium...”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 186 OOC: If you want we can continue this thread or close it and you can jump in RP asap ^^ :3!

Shawchert didn’t have to wait as long as he thought he did, oh, a painter? Very interesting, they had only one other that was in the painter rank, though he has seen very little of her. He nodded.

Painting is very good thing yes. Do you have any skills in scouting, or medicines, or anything of that sort? I trust you can hunt at least.

He asked, he wasn’t sure how well the young man could hunt, but they needed some able bodies, and anyone with any such knowledge in herbs, medicines, or good at scouting, and from his frame, he seemed to work out in that area but that was for Moth to decide.

In any case, I would like to welcome you to Cercatori D’ Arte, I would be glad to show you around.

He offered, his hand indicating the forested area behind him, in welcome. He wanted to let the new wolf know he was welcome to cross the borders now, that he was a new pack member and the brute would protect the young man in the care of his pack.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

MORE WORK FOR YOU SHAW.

Moth shuffled a bit. He had been slightly taken aback by this stranger's kindness. Many of the packs and others he had run across before were usually slightly hostile. It was nice to see such a warm soul, even though he must've been at least twice Moth's size. Or maybe he was exaggerating, at any rate it was strange, but appreciated.

He looked up for a second, not at Shawchert's eyes but his outstretched hand waving towards the forest. Really? Just like that? Moth looked out into the forest, terrified, yet slightly excited. His ears perked a bit at the thought of having someplace to belong. He turned to Shawchert, lowering his head giving a short sweeping bow. "T-thank ye. And I'd very m-much like some guidance."

"I-I can hunt. N-nothin' big, b-because I'm a wee bit small. Size mae benefit a scout." he paused for a moment, mulling things over. "I-I be willin' to learn anything to help out." He had gotten good at catching small prey, but anything large he simply didn't have the skill or power to take down. In his travels he'd learned to tread quietly, especially since he'd been moving on his own. He passed many territories quietly. If this pack was so generous to keep a scrawny thing like him around he'd sure try to make some use of himself..

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Wheeee

Shawchert smiled at the timid wolf. He seemed so surprised at Shawchert’s ready acceptance. He knew how hard it was just passing by a territory let alone asking to join.

You are quite welcome, we don’t have much, though I’ve been all over, we do have a little town, and then there’s the hunting lodge, and we own a nice little valley and the sea as well.

He said as they started further into the forest, he was heading to the town first, Moth could get a good look of their little homestead before he could show the young male something else.

Ah well if you want to learn to be a scout, all the more for you then! If you can’t tell… I’m not made for the job myself. So what kind of painting do you do? I did find some oils, perhaps you could use them yourself? I can’t paint very well myself.

He said finding himself oddly talkative right now, but he was excited to learn that he had a new member and though he was quiet, he hoped a new friend as well.

<style>
.shaw-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a01 b {color:#ffc57c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a01 {background-color:#584329; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/odc3b.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #ffc57c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#291f13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character text

The scrawny wolf listened intently taking his first steps forward into the forest with Shawchert. He wasn't sure where they were heading yet, but he was excited to find out. It would be good to get a feel of the town. He'd have to make mental notes of things as they went. From what the large one beside him was saying it seemed that the pack owned quite a bit of land. Which made him wonder just how many pack members there were. From the sounds of it a decent number.

Moth gave a light smile at Shawchert's comments, minuscule, but probably the first to cross his lips in a long time. "I be willin' to learn." He commented, trying to mind his accent. "I-I prefer the oils meself. The long drying time is nice. I-it can be tempermental, but it be pretty forgivin'."

Moth's eyes touched on the instrument around Shawchert's neck, "Ye a musician then?." He regretted the question a bit, it was an obvious one. He had heard the wolf playing the instrument before he met him. After a moment pause he tried to correct himself, "I-I mean to say--How long ye been at that? Are there others that play similiar here?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

+3 OOC: Rawr

In Character

Shawchert smiled as the young man seemed willing. It was nice to know someone was willing to learn to do something for a pack, and even more so, use that skill. His smile grew wider, then when Moth told him he’d prefer Oils, he mentally noted to give him the tubes that he’d found still fresh in their box. He picked up his flute absently as Moth asked about it.

Yeah I’ve played the flute… well since I could use my hands. My mother taught me, she was good with musical instruments. I am also a carpenter too, I carved this out myself.

He said moving the flute back and forth. He was pretty good at those two things and he enjoyed making things out of wood, as well as making songs from his flute. It was a good life in his mind. Though he knew life was not all about that, but for him it was the majority of his life, besides caring for his pack.

Oh there are others, we have a couple who play the violin, we have a guitar player, and even a singer. Not to mention we have someone who knows how to dance, so we are wide spread in the music department.

He said, smiling absently, thinking about Sky, who had the voice of an angel, in his mind. He focused on getting to the town first. Looking over at Moth he raised an eyebrow, well he was able to talk a bit better without stumbling over his words at least.

So where are you from originally?

Shawchert enjoyed to get to know his members, that was a first step to understanding their needs. This pack was still relatively new and he was sure that if he were to keep at it, that he would make sure to know all he could about his members, without going into too much depth.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

Rah rah, ah ah ah...yeah I have it stuck in my head.

Moth kept his eyes mostly on the ground ahead of him as he walked. He hoped the other members were as kind as Shawchert. He probably wouldn't meet many if any of them. Being shy and all, but if he did he hoped them to be as nice as the one beside him. When Shawchert mentioned his mother taught him, Moth couldn't help but think of his own mother. He did his best to not look over his shoulder as he had a habit of doing.

"I-I heard ye. In the w-woods before. Ye play well." Moth had tried to carve something once when he was a pup, it had been hard and he gave up fast. So naturally he was slightly awed that the beautiful thing about Shawchert's neck was handcarved by himself. From what the large one said it seemed that the group living here was pretty diverse. Moth smiled quietly to himself, catching the smile on Shawchert's face, he wasn't good with expressions, but he knew that one.

"O-originally? From tae Heelands of Scotland." His accent came through a bit too much on that one. He had to work on that. From the few he had talked to in his travel with his mother others seemed to have difficulty understanding him if he had a thick accent. "Workin' on gettin' rid o the accent. S-sorry. The highlands of Scotland." He repeated a bit more clearly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: I'm so sorry for the wait ; ; had lots to do and try to get a few threads up and running with other people, i should make them bug you RAWR!!

As they moved Moth let him know that he heard Shaw playing before. Shaw smiled at the compliment. He did enjoy them quite a bit especially from those who did not know him very well.

Thank you! I cannot wait to see what you have in store, perhaps we can employ you for a mural of some sort?

He looked at the male to see what he thought. The trees grew thick from here as they came to the “border” of Thornbury, which had two entrances, one from the field side and another from the forest side. They would travel through the forest side, and soon found themselves ducking through tall wild bushes and a few low hanging trees to their hidden little town.

This is Thornbury my good friend.

Shaw said waving his hand around at the small town, right now they could only see a few of the buildings, though there were more. Shaw turned to the young man not about to let him think he ignored his comment of where he came from.

No need to apologize, we have a few people where that have different accents. And highlands of Scotland huh? That’s pretty far away! Well you may fit in, I think we have someone who’s from Italy, and another from Russia,

He said. The pack was diverse in so many different ways and this was what made Shawchert happy. He patted the man lightly on the shoulder and continued on.

We have some houses that are free for the use. So if you prefer to live in a house you have a good few pickings, I have not repairs every single one of them… and I think some need to be burned to a crisp.

He thought of the old grocery store that smelled of nothing but long gone rotted food. It was nothing but mold in there, and was of no use to the pack.

But you are not obligated to live here, there’s plenty of dens in the forests if that makes you feel comfortable, and some more hidden houses and clearings if that’s what you prefer

Shaw did want to make the young man feel as comfortable as possible, just as he wanted to make all of his pack as comfortable as they could be.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]