Going through the motions
ooc; I'd be happy to role play with anyone willing to. Smile I meant to post this as soon as I was accepted but I got caught up in my job this past week... ^^'

Life was a mystery to Siku; and at the same time it all made such perfect sense. Breathe, hunt, eat, sleep. Run. Do what comes naturally. After her mother was gone, she continued to live, if what she had ascended into could be called living. Siku was indeed a healthy young wolf, but not in the mind. It had been months since she spoke to another soul, and there were some things that she was prepared for but had to face alone. As a pup her mother explained how things worked, but it hadn't prepared her for the terrifyingly strange changes. The first time she'd changed into her bigger, bulkier form (Siku had no names for her phases) was when she first caught the scent of a brown bear in her travels. Ducking away into a thicket, Siku endured the most pain she'd felt in her life, panic causing her small white body to convulse as it forced upon her a change to save her life.

As the months went by it became easier for the arctic wolf to control when she changed shape, but never-the-less it was a process she hated. First came the trembling, then the convulsing and the muscle spasms. Sometimes it happened when she was scared or angry. Other times it happened like an itch meant to be scratched. Each time she struggled, poor Siku unfamiliar and therefore afraid of the change.
Since being accepted into the borders and pack of Dahlia de Mai, Siku had kept a low profile. She was content to rest and recover from her journey. The she-wolf could also sense that a change was inevitable, and she was apprehensive of being exposed in another form around her new pack members.

'This is natural. This is natural. This is natural.' Siku had wandered away from the town Conor took her to, her bandaged paws silent in the snow as she crept into the darkness. Her movements were slightly jerky as she struggled not to cry out. Why did this happen to her? Why did it hurt to change, and why did it happen suddenly? There was never any warning, just signs that her body needed the phase, like limbs that were stiff from disuse and needed to be stretched.
A soft groan escaped her mouth as she braced her body for the change.

Twenty minutes later, Siku laid in a snow drift as she gasped for breath. She felt as if she'd just run a marathon, on the strange, strange two back legs she could now support herself on. This was what she'd dubbed the third form, the harder change. It hadn't happened as often as the second form had. Siku swept her white fur our of her eyes, the hair disheveled and shaggy due to lack of care. She then curled up into a ball, deciding to rest on the snow bank as she watched for any signs of another wolf around. This weaker, slender form scared Siku, but Conor had assured her that she was safe within his borders. All she could do now, she thought, was wait for fate to bring her another soul to talk to.
[html]

ooc;; sorry for the wait dear! hope you dont mind me joining!

This transition period was a section of his life that the young timber boy felt as though he was lost. He was a Jager now and his hunting abilities had excelled beyond the boundaries his youth had set him. A few days ago he had called his teacher and brothers out to a spot near Oberon’s Spring where he had begun to build his house. He was ready to be on his own and looked forward to the solitary life he would soon lead. But his home wasn’t ready yet and he was stuck in the old Victorian house with Conor and Bris and the puppies that had no-one to look after them. He wished to be gone, wished to be able to make enough noise in the morning without the fear of waking a puppy up and his brother. Truth be told he hadn’t seen Ascher in a long time and wondered if the boy was still living with them. He wanted to catch up with the boy at some point and perhaps when his house was finished he would invite his youngest brother round for a hunt or something similar. He was impatient for the first time in his life and the impatience drove him from the crowded house and into his studies.

He had worked out the books Saluce had given him, trying to learn how to make a bow. It was a difficult process if you wanted to make a good one and the two attempts he had tried at making them had turned out a brittle snapping wood. Perhaps it was the type of wood he decided to use but he thought it more to do with the fact that he had been to brash in bending the wood. He knew he should try and condition the branch to bend instead of simply forcing it into submission. He was a patient boy most of the time and he knew that once his house was built he would have more time to perfect the art. He might even try making traps like Conor suggested a long time ago. In the meantime, he needed to get a roof over his head.

Two legs made little noise as he made his way towards Oberon’s Spring. In his arms were four very large planks of wood, the start of the beams to start his roof. He knew he needed more but he would also need more than just himself to put them up there. He had most of his walls up, the doors and windows empty. He would need to find some glass soon to make a window pane for his house. That was in the future though and he needed to make it waterproof first. It would have been easier to inhabit than an already built house but he was not the usual kind of person. He wanted a custom made house that he knew he had put his own sweat and tears in to.

Green eyes started as a white body, nearly all camouflaged in the white snow lay close to his home. There were only three pure white wolves in the pack- Bris was in the Victorian house looking after Eclipse, Shiloh would never had allowed herself to remain on the floor for that length of time. Therefore it must be Siku, the new girl. Placing the long lengths of timber on the ground he padded over to her optime form and crouched down beside her. Concern for her welfare washed over him and he brushed back her long pale hair with a practised motion.

Siku? Are you okay?

He murmured, tucking stray strands of hair behind her ear to keep it out of her face. It was a very personal thing to do, but Saul was not the type to worry about personal boundaries when he found someone in the snow.

word count;; 646

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
ooc; ^_^ no problem! I'm excited to rp more with you.

Siku's rounded ears twitched as Saul approached her. She had fallen asleep in the snow as she rested, and realized just now how strange it must look. Absentmindedly, Siku wondered if perhaps Saul would always be finding her amidst the snow. She found herself glad to see the kind hearted wolf, though they were still strangers. He was the only other wolf she knew this far east, along with her new Alpha. One eye shot open as he brushed her hair away, and she watched him for a moment. He was in the same shape as she was, and Siku suddenly became startled as she realized how exposed she was, in this weird body. Both golden eyes on Saul, she clenched her strange, still wounded paw-hands (she called them) into fists and spoke in a soft, stricken voice that expressed delicate restraint. Her instincts told her to push him away right away, and distance herself for her safety; yet logic made it clear he would never hurt her.

"You scared me. I was just.. dozing. It's not easy for me, changing shape like this."

Siku sighed, glancing down at her body with slight distaste. As she did this, she became aware of how chilly she was. Looking up at Saul, she also noticed his body. She studied the changes in his appearance, how his body appeared a little more slender in this form, just like hers. 'What the hell am I doing?' Siku thought as she quickly glanced down and away from him, embarrassed. Her eyes then rested on the wood that lay on the road. What was he doing wandering around with wood? Being Siku, she did not hesitate to verbalize this query.

"What's the wood for?"
[html]

ooc;; -cuddles crystalee-

Saul could tell immediately that she was startled by his appearance and he gave a soft smile in her direction as he straightened up and sat at her side. Now that her unruly hair was tucked back behind her eyes he could see more of her face and those amazingly complex golden eyes. She watched him for a moment and emerald eyes looked back at her. He noticed that she once again held his gaze for just a fraction of a second before looking away. Saul was not used to the respect others gave him- his rank jump from Spaher to Jager last time he had seen Siku must have showed in his posture or his scent or something. There was no other way to explain how she knew that he had just a little more power than he had when they'd first met. An unruly smile grazed his lips as he watched she became startled, however her tone surprised him.

He had scared her, which was an odd feat for the young Stormbringer. He had only ever scared one other in his lifetime and that was the small black pup Melee had brought home after an unauthorised trip to the neutral lands. He had seemed terrified at first, but Melee had assured him that her uncle was harmless. Saul was not harmless and the skills he had acquired in his life so far were far from docile. But his naturall pacifist nature, although changing in these later months, was something that prevented him from being corrupted by these skills. So he stayed the way he had always been- calm, relaxed and constantly moving. However, her words about it being hard to shift for her made him ponder.

"I am sorry I scared you Siku... It was not my intention. May I ask you a question? Were you born Luperci or were you bitten by one and then you shifted?"

He querried. He had heard of the other ones who had not been born with the genetic ability to shift like he and his siblings had. Of course, you had to be more than bitten if you were to change your genetic makeup. Saul had heard that you had to be severly damaged by a luperci before it managed to change you. Green eyes raked down her body, noticing no large scars that would elicit such an attack. However, as he allowed his eyes a slow motion down her body his teenaged hormones could not help but noticed how exposed she was- she was literally naked out here. It appeared however, that while he was checking her out, her golden eyes had taken stock of him too. Although only in a pair of cutoff trousers and a dark grey vest he was covered, the tight clinging material was doing a good job of showing off his newly acquired muscles. He noticed a slight shiver and glanced down at the satchel he had dropped by the wood. Dipping down he pulled out the crimson cloak he had found on the day at the beach with Gideon. Pulling it out in a flourish Saul draped it round her shoulders before she could protest. A smile was flashed in her direction, but she had asked another question and he felt obliged to answer.

"I'm building myself a house... well a cabin really. I have most of the walls and doorways and windows complete but i need a stable roof. So I found a few beams and thought they would be useful. Have you found a nice place to live yet?"

He querried, wondering what had happened to the young white wolf once she had followed Conor back to the packlands. The ragged bandages around her paws gave him some inclination but Saul had no idea where she had stayed on her first night in Dahlia.

word count;; 642

<style>
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
ooc; -glomps- :3 Sorry for the disturbingly long post, and the deep drama D: But Siku has to get this off her chest ><

As Saul spoke to the arctic she-wolf, she forced her eyes to glance away from his dark furred body. It was all so strange. Siku felt much more exposed in this form, but she also felt a little closer to the other wolf, as if changing forms had made their second meeting less formal. That, and they were no longer strangers, one at another's border. However, the sub ordinate kept her golden eyes averted from the glowing emerald orbs that stared back at her. For some reason, Siku felt she could not meet his gaze without becoming a little uncomfortable. She reasoned that this was because he was a higher rank, and needed to be respected, but Siku knew Saul would not take offense if she met his eyes as they spoke. It just felt.. funny. Like she probably looked foolish enough at the moment, and didn't want to be seeing his response to her condition, chilling out in a snow bank.

Siku simply sat there as Saul spoke, until the word 'Luperci' touched her ears. In just a moment, the she-wolf's entire demeanor changed in front of him. Sprawled out on the snow seconds ago, relaxed and happy to see Saul, the fragile looking snow wolf was now curled up into herself slightly. There was now a sadness in her golden eyes that aged her, and made her appear more serious than ever before. White bandaged paws held her torso, as if she needed to hold herself together.

This was a question she should have expected. Siku reluctantly opened her mouth to respond, and snapped it shut again as she watched Saul. If a wolf could blush, Siku would have been scarlet all over as she noticed him looking her body over, in turn. She noticed how his clothes hadn't really concealed his form, but rather high lighted his muscular build, and realized as he glanced her over as well, that she was bare. Glad to have her arms around her chest, fluffy rounded ears pressed back against her white head as she cleared her throat awkwardly. His gaze did not last long though, and a soft sigh of gratitude escaped her as he draped the cloak around her. Siku had never covered herself with clothing before; her thick fur sufficing in the arctic cold, but she was now becoming a lady. Siku felt a lady in such a form ought to be.. Less exposed.

Yet another awkward question was uttered from Saul's lips, though this one was an easier one. Where would she live? In all of Siku's life, she had found that she was content to sleep almost anywhere. When she was with her mother, they lived in a proper house; roof and all, but after her mothers disappearance Siku had to make do with the outside world. Under great evergreen trees, in empty burrows, under snow drifts. These were all places Siku liked to doze. In the summer, she remembered laying spread eagle in the sun. Siku believed there was no other Arctic wolf that loved the sunlight as much as she.

"I just... you know. Here and there. Mostly here."

Siku grinned, patting the snow beneath her. Okay, so Siku had no proper home, but she most certainly did not want to bother the Alpha with such frivolous things as having a home, when the little she-wolf could very well find a place to sleep herself. Perhaps she could build herself a neat little cabin, like Saul. But Siku had no patience for such things, and suspected she would end up with a make shift pile of unused timber to burrow under when it got cold.

"About being a Luperci.."

Siku had to explain, but she didn't know how. She didn't want Saul to see her any differently, think her weak in comparison to others, or worse, pity her. For some reason Siku found herself placing great value in his opinion of her. She didn't want anyone in her new pack to have the wrong impression.. Siku was strong willed, soft hearted, and a vicious fighter. She could hold her own. Yet there was a time when she couldn't...

"I was just a wolf, once. No changing shape. I don't understand it either, because my mother was a Luperci. She was really pretty when she was in this shape.. And there were wolves who noticed."

Siku's golden eyes watched Saul carefully, gauging his reaction as she slowly revealed a past she forced herself to forget.

"I was still young.. I can't remember much. I won't get into details either. Pretty much what happened was, one of my mother's psychotic pursuers decided he wanted a taste of an Arctic Luperci.. and her daughter."

Siku flipped her hair in a girly fashion, turning her face away as she did this. Her body rigid and her eyes casted downward, she found that she did not want to see Saul's reaction at all.
[html]

ooc;; no worries dear! <33

Saul once again was struck by how submissive the girl was. He thought back to when he had first arrived in Dahlia, so thin he could almost have died. He had still been classed as a puppy, even if he fit into the higher band of the ranking. Still, he had never really shown submission to his superiors and went with apt respect instead. He could remember his first hunting experiment when Conor had turned up to see his success. They still needed to figure out how to make some of the traps he had mentioned. It might be a nice idea to do someday, but Saul felt as though his leader was a little too tied up in Bris and Eclipse right now. He was sad that the other girl had not survived and Saul did not understand the ways of nature enough to give an exact reason to why it had happened to his aunt. But he had a cousin now whom he could see. He hadn't really seen a lot of the girl though and Saul wondered if she was okay.

Like an electric shock running through her veins Siku cringed into the ground. Saul had not missed the instant reaction to his words and he could only assume the trigger had been the word Luperci. A puzzled expression crossed his face as well as a whole heartedly curious one. He wondered what had happened to her to make her flinch so noticeably at a word. She seemed grateful for the cloak though and Saul smiled softly. It wasnt as though they weren't well covered for life in colder weather. But their optime forms had more of a surface area to get cold and it usually came about quicker. And besides, it was more to do with decency than anything else right now.

Although her violent reaction was not lost to him, Saul as encaptured once more by those stunning amber-gold eyes. They appeared molten as she answered his question about living arrangements, and truth be told she just admitted that she had no where to stay. A frown echoed on the young mans lips as he crouched down, then fell backwards to sit on his bum. He didnt exactly like standing above her and wanted this meeting to be much less formal than the last time they met. He pondered her living arrangements for a moment, weighing up the pros and cons of each thought that raced through his head.

"Well, I'm just about to move out of the large manor house that Conor shares with most of my family. You could always use my room until you have somewhere more permanent? Or perhaps when my house is finished you would consider staying with me there for a while?"

He offered with a twinkling in his eye. He was just trying to be nice, but at the same time he would have felt awful if she lived out in the wild when she could just as easily find somewhere to live. Flashing a grin at the girl he dug his fingers into the snow and made a long wiggly line through it. Her voice changed abruptly and he cringed as he heard the sorrow laced deep within. She began to explain and Saul allowed himself to relax into the sound of her voice. Despite this being their first meeting as pack members Saul felt a certain pull towards the girl that he could not explain. Perhaps it was their mutual loss of mothers and lack of fathers that made them similar. But Saul had never really known his mother and by the sounds of it, Siku had certainly known hers.

A strong imagination cast him back into Siku's past and he cringed as images came whirling towards him. A pair of beautiful white females, one too young to shift and the other walking on two legs. They must have looked a sight as they survived and any male would be attracted to that. But Saul's own sense of morals were impression on these imagined memories and he wrinkled his nose in disgust. Just because something was beautiful, it didnt mean you had to go and destroy it. Saul could sympathise with the girl- she must had felt so alone when her mother had hadd killed. Saul could not help the sorry expression cross his face as he looked down at her.

"I'm sorry that happened to you Siku... It must have been hard to leave the life you knew and set forward into unknown lands and a new life. Do you think you find it hard to shift because you remind yourself of your mother? And you want to avoid what happened to her happening to you?"

Came his soft and fluid voice. It was like a mellody in the wind, a lullaby sung at your bedside. From being a shy little boy, Saul had grown into a confident young man with a deep voice and bottomless green eyes. He was handsome and certainly fit and healthy- his mother would be proud.

word count;; 846

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc; ^____^

Siku's gaze hardened as Saul spoke, not because of him, but because of what their conversation had lead to. Her ears twitched back as she glanced back at him, her small white hands now resting on her lap. She could trust Saul, the kind wolf who was the first to greet her at the borders. With a soft intake of breath, the she-wolf spoke in a hushed tone that she knew the other wolf would barely be able to hear.

"It reminds me of him..."

She spat the last word, and then began to tremble with anger at the Luperci that ravaged her months in the past. He took her mother, he took her simple life, he took her dignity. Siku could not walk about in her Optime form without being aware that she was a striking image of her mother, and that she was on her two back feet because of a sick night of torture orchestrated by another Wolf of the north. She was ashamed to be beautiful, and her unkempt fur was perhaps a way of rebelling from being the pristine white wolf much like her mother. Though Siku was becoming more and more comfortable in this form, it did nothing to lessen the memory it gave her of the past she wanted so dearly to forget.

Siku sighed again, and waved her hands in front of her body in a sweeping motion with disgust.

"I wasn't born this way, and this was not made possible through a bite... You see no scars. He should have torn me to pieces.."

The arctic wolf shuddered, fighting back the emotion in her voice.. But hiding her emotions was not something Siku was well practiced with. Pain and shame echoed in her words as she wrung her paws and stared at the ground.

"I was... Lucky" Siku grimaced at the word. "Lucky he did not impregnate me."

Siku turned to the other wolf, her eyes wide with raw emotion as she tilted her head downward slightly, looking up at Saul.

"You understand? I'm impure."

Siku's mother spent the next month trying to convince her that this was not the case. Tanaraq felt she failed her duty as a mother, though it wasn't her fault she couldn't stop the monster who got to her daughter. The best she could do was prepare Siku in the aftermath, and try to teach her how to live the complex life of a Luperci. It was in the short span of a few months that her mother taught her to read, hunt, and change form. It demanded all of Siku's concentrated effort and time, learning so much in so little time. It was as if Tanaraq knew she wasn't going to be there long. Often Siku pondered over this.
[html]

ooc;; a thousand apologies crystalee dear, sorry for the wait!

It was certainly interesting topic ground that they had shifted on to. Although Saul was techinically classed as an adult and held the badge of Jager to prove that Conor trusted him and his judgement, he was still naive to the ways of the world. Though his early youth had been tumultuous to say the very least, it had only been in terms of where all the siblings were and if they were safe or not. There had never really been any issues involving sex and therefore there was no need for the timber man to approach the subject. He wasn't all that interested in the female's he met because of their bodies and their sexual appeal- he was mroe concerned about personality right now. Although even he had to admit that seeing Siku's naked body laying on the ground had caused a hot flush to scold his body. Perhaps this was what Saluce had warned him about.

Venom-soaked words came from the petite wolf and Saul gave a soft shudder of sympathy towards her. He had been right about her reluctance to shift, but it was because of him and not her mother. Whoever him was, Saul felt a growing dislike to the fellow. Saul had never felt hatred towards anything in his life and therefore right now the strongest emotion pulling from the young Stormbringer was a vivid dislike. It was quite obvious that Siku did have feelings of hate towards whomever had done this to her. Keen green eyes caught the violent shudder that ran through her body and he reached out from his sitting position and gently stroke the back of her hand with his finger.

She quickly pointed out that, while she hadn't been born this way, she also bore no scars to say that she was Verto. It was a puzzle, because she had already said her mother had been able to shift. The gene was genetic- all children of luperci were born with the ability to shift, even if they couldnt do so until they turned seven months of age. Perhaps she just hadnt been old enough yet and thought she couldnt shift. It was puzzling to the young boy who didnt quite understand about all bodily fluids just yet. He didnt know that sex might also elicit this kind of change in a wolf. Cinnamon backed ears pricked forward as she admitted that she was lucky not to have been impregnated. Now he understood.

"Oh Siku... Siku I don't know what to say. Thats a truely awful thing to happen to you... I'm sorry to bring up such bad memories..."

Now he was sorry. Not only had be pryed into her personal life and past, he had also dredged up this horrible memory of something that should never have happened. In his mind, he didnt quite understand who would do such a thing- as sheltered as his life had been Saul really tried to see the best in others. White and tan had raised to touch her cheek once before he let his hand drop. She spoke again, making sure he understood exactly what had been done to her. He didnt really understand what she meant by impure but he gave a sympathetic nod of his head in return. He had no idea what to say to that, much as he'd been stumped by her previous admission. Fingers twisting in between each other, Saul dragged green up to see if Siku would look at him. Finally, he said the only thing that came to him;

"It doesn't matter Siku..."

He murmered softly, fingers now making patterns in the churned snow. He wanted to move on from this conversation, make sure that she knew he wouldn't and didn't judge her. A small, tentative smile came to him as he looked down at her. Despite being older than him, he was taller and bulkier than she would ever hope to be. Perhaps if he could convince her to play, she would smile and everything would be okay again. With a snort Saul sent a shower of snow in her direction, followed by a classic nip to the shoulder to tell her that everything was okay. Everything was going to be okay from now on.

word count;; 710

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc; no problem ^^

White ears flattened as Saul touched Siku's warm cheek, and she tightened her grip on the cloak around her as she watched him register what she had said. The fragile featured wolf felt a little guilty as the younger wolf came to realize what she was trying to tell him. Perhaps he wasn't old enough to understand what had happened to her, but something about the way he looked at her made Siku think he wasn't far from adulthood. A lopsided grin revealed amusement as Siku glanced at the larger wolf, one round ear pricked forward as she spoke in an older, more tired tone than previously.

"You don't need to say anything. You've done enough for me already, just sitting here.

Golden eyes glanced down at Saul's hands as they fidgeted in the snow. Siku's lopsided grin faded to a slight smile as she sensed that he was at a loss for words. The white she-wolf watched as Saul lifted his gaze to meet hers, and returned a glance as he spoke to her comfortingly. It doesn't matter. Siku decided that perhaps Saul was right. It didn't matter anymore, because she was safe now. A gentle longing for the North tugged at her heart, but the desire to be a part of her pack diluted any urge she had to visit the cold wastelands she used to call home. Wistful day dreams vanished as the golden eyed wolf noticed Saul's shift in nature, from serious to playful in just a moment of thought. The smaller, slimmer Dahlian shook off the shower of snow that coated the cloak smugly. Glittering eyes on the larger wolf, she slowly took off the cloak and folded it neatly before setting it down nicely. After this, she suddenly sprang for Saul, intending to knock him down into the fluffy snow that surrounded them. Not weighing enough to simply knock Saul down, instead the white wolf sent them rolling off the snow bank in a tangled heap as she growled playfully. He might have been larger, and perhaps stronger, but Siku was quick when she wanted to be. She managed to detangle herself from him after the tumble, and rolled away to distance herself from his next move with a breathless laugh. Siku found that Saul always made her feel a little lighter when her thoughts would drag her down. Maybe things were gonna turn out better than she'd hoped, after all.
[html]

ooc;; be careful not to powerplay dear! <33

She was a very nervous creature most of the time, but she appeared to run hot and cold. She would give a heart laugh or a flirtatious motion and then when Saul responded, like he always would, she backed off. Now that he knew her story, it was pretty obvious that she was just naturally flirty, and then when anyone came near enough to flirt back she was reminded of the awful incident. It had messed her up and Saul understood that. But he could not help the tinge of hurt in those emerald eyes when she allowed her snowy ears to flatten against her head and her hands to tighten around the crimson cloak he had wrapped around her. She didnt trust him- but then again she didnt really know him. Still, there was nothing he could do about that but spend more time with her. And there she went again with a lopsided grin that completely contradicted her nervous and withdrawn attitude. A snort escaped the young man and he shook his head softly.

"I'll remember than next time... Just sit and listen"

He repeated, almost to himself. However, the wave of snow that he had hurled in her direction had washed over her camoflaged body and although it was difficult to see against her own snowy fur, the blinking eyes and the shaking of her fur was enough to let the young man know he had hit her. Glittering golden eyes were turned towards him and Saul allowed a mischevious grin to grip his lips in a strong hold. He tried to look serious as she unclasped the cloak from around her and folded it neatly by her side. He knew what was coming, but he stayed rooted to the spot in his cross-legged position with the wicked grin on his face. He knew she was coming for him but he couldn't move. And in fact, he didnt exactly fancy moving either.

Her body connected with his and the instinctual need to grip her hips and hold her against him made his heart hammer against his chest. As they fell back into the snow his arms wrapped around her waist so she came with him. Held tight against his body Saul could feel the muscled contours of her body against his and a strange shudder ran through him. Having just turned ten months old, in human year he would just be nearing adulthood. And therefore, his hormones were all over the place. Green eyes glittered as the landed, her on top of him and completely naked, might he add. However, she didnt stay for long and almost as soon as they had landed she rolled away from his grasping hands. He heard the breathless chuckle and a play growl escaped him lips as he turned his head to look at her.

He seemed to move too fast to see as he launched himself up and onto two legs once more. He wanted so bad to shift down to his lupus form but he didnt know if Siku could shift back yet. Playing was much easier in the older traditions of their four legged ancestors. He didnt want to push her however so he remained on two legs. With a dive he jumped after, hands finding her shoulders while playful teeth nipped at her shoulders and legs. His ears had flattened softly to avoid injury but his tail managed to snake round and flash over her face in a teasing motion before he jumped away like she had done. On two feet he crouched low and waited for her next attack.

word count;; 603

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc; eek! So Sorry! >< I had writers block for so long, I was impatient to post. I didn't look over what I had written. I'll keep a closer eye on what I write now! <3

Siku couldn't help the fits of laughter that wracked her small body as Saul nipped at her, the light sound piercing the cold quiet. Siku had never played like this; challenging each other playfully, but she found that she enjoyed it. It was entertaining, the attacks back and forth. It was an experience the arctic wolf knew she should have had as a puppy, with siblings she never had. Siku was happy to be rolling around in the snow with Saul, and she knew she wouldn't have played with any other wolf in such a carefree manner. There was something about the darker wolf that crouched not too far from her; he made her feel younger. Like a puppy again.

Siku's golden eyes sparkled in the moon light as she watched the other wolf, her white tail swaying back and forth slowly. She wanted him to feel like her prey. After a moment of simply staring at him, a mischievous grin began to spread on the white she wolf's face as she tensed up, crouching lower. She was going to spring for him again, and made it obvious to the bigger wolf in front of her. She bit back a laugh as her body shifted position, her tail and backside in the air just seconds before she made a leap for Saul. Instead of tackling him, though, she stopped right in front of her play mate.

"Doesn't that sound boring to you, Saul?"

Siku said this as she tilted her head to the right, one round ear flat against her head as the other pricked forward. This was her favorite expression, the adorable wide eyed look of questioning. Saul only had a chance to see it for a moment though, because Siku crouched and easily hopped over him into the deeper snow behind them. Good luck, the white wolf thought with amusement as she jumped through the snow like a rabbit, hoping he wouldn't notice her little body making a semi circle. She planned to trick him by circling through the deep snow back to the road, where he would plainly see her in the moonlight, and hopefully chase her down.

"Catch me if you can!
[html]

ooc;; its fine by me, i just wanted to warm you! <33

Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as the peals of her laughter came towards him. She had been so sad just a few moments ago, so lost in her own past that any thoughts of laughter had surely been far from her conscious thoughts. However, the delicate laugh that came from her now did not reflect their previous conversation. Despite the fact that Saul had two brothers and a sister they had never really had the chance to play. From the moment they were born they were on the move, over the Halycon Mountains to escape their grandmother. She had caught them anyway and left ehm motherless. But the Stormbringer brood had ben tossed here and there so many times that the eldest could not remember a single time he had played with his brothers before they had all made their way back to Dahlia. And even then he could only think of one time- when they had all learned to shift- did they play around with each other. Nothing even close to the bodily contact between these two now. So really, she made him feel much more of a puppy too.

She had paused, mimicking the crouch his own body held. He could see her golden eyes in the moonlight, sparkling with mirth at their game. Keen eyes caught the flash of her tail behind her and teh puppy urge to pounce and tug on that tail almost had him moving from where he crouched. Green eyes caught the mischevious grin spread across her muzzle, much the same as the one that had etched across his lips just a few moments ago when he could see that she was about to tackle him. His mouth watered but he couldnt for the life of him explain that phenomenom. He could see the decision in her eyes before she moved and he dug deeper into the ground, determined to saty upright this time.

His tensed muscles were disappointed however as her spring fell short. Opening his eyes once more he was shocked to see she was so close to his face. A lopsided grin pulled his mouth as he allowed his salmon tonuge to quickly flick out and catch her nose. She spoke then and he gave a laugh in return. He didnt have to say anything to het just yet and her expression was just the cutest. Her head twisted to the right with one ear up and one ear down she looked certainly curious about where their game would take him. Playfully flashing his teeth he watched her make up her mind, not realising he held his breath when she crouched and hopped like a bunny in the snow. His chuckle was caught in his throat and he almost choked on it, but he had no idea why. She was so hard to see in the snow- she blended in perfectly.

"Siku..."

He murmered before he heard the girlish demand. He had heard where it came from but she was probably half way to hell by now. With a determined expression on his face he leapt into the sporadic holes the female had made in the snow, following her progress until he reached the road. Confused expression marred his handsome face as he looked around, unsure of where she'd gotten to. For a moment he considered staying as he was before he closed his eyes, shifting down into a more comfortable Lupus form. Perhaps he could convince the white queen to do so without actually asking her. He was pretty certain the reason it hurt when she shifted was because she was anxious about it. Tail flashing in the air he looked around, trying to make out a white form moving in the snow. An impossible task.

word count;; 627

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc; Well thank you, I wouldn't have realized otherwise <3 Saul is so adorable!!

Siku could sense that she'd surprised Saul when she'd taken to flight, and laughed breathlessly as she heard him murmur her name. It had caused her heart to skip, the sound of his voice. Because of this, she quickened her pace. Perhaps if she was fast enough, she could lose him and have time to change into her lupus form whilst obscured in the white snow. Aware that her breathless giggles had probably exposed her, the excited young she wolf held her breath as she settled down in a patch of untouched snow. She was half buried in the snow, but didn't mind nor feel it as she concentrated on shifting herself into the smaller body she was accustomed to.

Her eyes closed, Siku's heart hadn't stopped racing since she'd stopped in front of Saul, and felt his tongue on her nose. At that moment, the shy wolf had felt like she would burn right through the snow and ice to the ground. This reaction was strange to her, something new. Siku sighed as her muscles and fur transformed almost fluidly, for once simply co operating with her wishes painlessly. It had never been so easy, and Siku found herself startled as she opened her eyes to the bright stars above her. She was already changed! Golden eyes scanned over her body as if to confirm it, and she was indeed effortlessly a little wolf again.

White head popping out of the snow, fluffy ears pricked forward as her eyes slowly scanned the area. She couldn't see her play mate anywhere. Deciding he had lost her, the now smaller she wolf trotted away from her hiding place, toward the road in a carefree manner. Surely she would notice him before he would her. As she trampled through the fresh snow, Siku glanced up at the stars, one of the few parts of her world that had not changed in her move to Dahlia. The sight always made her feel warmer, those familiar lights twinkling in the sky. They always lead her home.

Mind wandering as always, the thoughtful, usually graceful wolf found herself once again tumbling down the snow bank clumsily. A snarl escaped her lips as she fought to right herself, a little blur of white disheveled fur rising up on her four feet again. Siku was completely unaware that she'd lead herself right over to the wolf searching for her, and didn't realize he was in sight as she shook off snow once again.
[html]

ooc;; pfft! siku is the cutest <33

He'd lost her. Or in fact, she had successfully lost him. A pout transformed his face as his green eyes searched the moonlit snow for a moving figure in it. He saw nothing and he wondered for a moment if she truely meant to lose him. She had been jumpy earlier, folding into herself when he had physically touched her. Perhaps the lick on the nose was too much for her. Worry infected his brain and he reverted back to typical Saul- worrying and fretting about something he didnt even know about. He didnt know if she'd intentionally meant to lose him and not come back. Of course, it wouldnt be too hard to track her down- his tracking skills had come on leaps and bounds since he'd returned to Dahlia. It was simply the game they were playing that stopped him from doing just that. He wanted to trust that she hadnt bolted.

He heard the angry snarl before he saw the rolling lupus form coming towards him. A grin slicked over his lips as she landed in his path. She was facing away from him however and hadnt realised where she'd landed. He was a little shocked to see that she had shifted to her lupus form with no encouragement from him. Still, the grin turned sneaky as he trod very carefully over the snow. With all the skill of a practised hunter Saul crept forward. He was silent on the ice, relaxing into the snow so that it didnt crunch beneath his paws. He was right behind her when he leant down and nipped her ear, tugging very softly on the rounded tip.

"I'm behind you..."

He whispered in her ear before pulling away and yipping in a puppyish manner. He backed up, green eyes on her four legged form as he lowered his front half to the floor in a classic play bow. A playful snap came from the boy as he waited for her to turn around and notice that she had been caught in her sneaky game. Internally Saul let his worry go and the fretting that had caught him was nothing more than a caged mouse at the moment. He shouldnt be so sensitive when it came to meeting others- he tended to overthink these things and end up looking like an idiot. He gave another bark, tail flapping in the wind as he enticed her into play once more.

word count;; 407

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc; I want to snuggle them both to death until they like, osmosis into a Saul/Siku puppy that melts the hearts of all in it's path! :3 (sorry short reply)

Mid shake, the white wolf was completely caught off guard by the nip at her ear. Saul's whispered words had sent shivers down her back, her white fur not unlike a cats as it stood on end. Siku yipped in surprise, the high note followed by a string of barks as the she wolf voiced her dislike at having been so easily found by him. How crazy of her to let her guard down! Now Siku would have to go in hyper drive, and show Saul just how quick she could be. The she wolf grinned at Saul, his play bow making her want to tackle him all the more as she readied herself for a retaliation.

"I will accept that as the one and only time you will get the best of me Saul!"

The arctic wolf tried to sound threatening, intimidating even, but you could tell by the tone of her voice that she was trying her hardest not to laugh. Golden eyes glowed in the moon light as she playfully bared her fangs at him, the broken fang particularly catching the light as she stuck her tongue out teasingly at the other wolf. Siku knew as a lupus she had nothing on Saul in terms of strength, and so she thought it would be more fun to be chased by the larger wolf. Siku slowly crept toward Saul, planning to nip him in the shoulder and take off past him again.
[html]

ooc;; they would be the sex! <33

He knew his actions would probably freak her out- she had been so certain that she could evade him and get away. She had been so confident in her playing that she obviously did not expect his counter attack to come from behind. However, he hovered near her and when his nip had gotten through he felt the tremble of her body through the short gap of air that separated them. There is was again, the shudder that raced through his spine, brought on only by the female's tremble. Of course, the moment didnt last long as she had spat out her dislike for his sneakiness. A soft chortle had come from him when he had remained behind her. However, his play bow had been noticed as the white wolf turned around and spotted him. Keen green eyes spotted the grin and he flashed one in return. She appeared to be approaching.

He could tell her voice was meant to be threatening, it was meant to intimidate and scare. But despite the fact that she was older than him, not by much, his strength and size made up for that. They were probably about the same age when those things were taken into account. The wicked grin that had only recently found its way in his repetoire of smiles flashed once more and he gave a little chuckle in her direction. He could really begin to enjoy playdates with this female if this was what he got. He found that it would have been a different game altogether if she had been tame- but her sassy attitude and her confidence appealed to Saul's adventurous nature.

"You wanna bet on that, baby?"

The term os endearment slipped from his lips before he had time to consider how they would be recieved. However, he had no time at all to ponder that one over as she sauntered towards him. She had bared her fangs at him just moments ago and he saw the broken tooth in the moonlight. It would soon grow smooth but it would always be shorter than the rest. Brushing it aside he watched as she crept forward, clear intent on her mind. Still down in his play bow, Saul was tempted to jump on her but his mind told him to stay. Stay and wait until she got close enough then get her. She had to get him at some point, and when she did he would be there with a counter attack that would have her on the floor... preferably on her back.

word count;; 426

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc; Clearly! ;D Poor tiny Siku XD her mind is much larger than her body.

Siku was confident in her approach. She had planned to simply tackle him, and nip at him just as he had her, before taking off again. Slow pace quickening, Siku was ready to jump; up until she heard the handsome gray wolf speak. Baby? The white wolf became flustered, though she wasn't sure why. How strange! Wasn't that some sort of endearment? Whatever he had intended to ellicit from her with that remark, it wouldn't work! Siku barked at Saul in reply, though she wasn't sure if it was an angry or teasing tone herself. All she knew was she wanted to prove the larger wolf wrong, because she was going to win! Siku was not to be underestimated, and she was going to make it so.

"Don't waste your time, I'd win any day!"

Siku flashed her fangs at him, crouching to pounce on him finally. Digging her back feet into the snow before leaping , the small wolf had a surprising amount of force in her jump, but no planning as to what she would do afterwards. She just wanted to wind the bigger wolf. Get away and maybe make him chase her down again. This small attempt quickly failed as she realized she just wasn't strong enough; small curvy body colliding into the bulky gray one with a light cry of fear and dismay from Siku.

"Or not."

That was barely an impact! She was so tiny. He was going to win, and nip her to death or something! He would tease her and probably never let her live it down. Siku found that she didn't seem to mind. She was actually excited to see how he would react to her mediocre tackle. She hadn't been scared when he nipped at her, but rather it has excited her in a strange way. She wanted to pin him down and bite him all over, too.
[html]

ooc;; <333

The term of endearment that had slipped from his lips was something that Saul didnt exactly have much time to ponder over. He knew it wasn't exactly normal to refer to her as 'baby', but it had felt so natural when it had bee paired with the sentance. Her pace had quickened before the word had slipped and as it lingered in the air he could see the soft fluster in her gaze that hadnt been there before. She was flattered, but she also didnt know what to make of it. Siku was a complex creature and Saul was glad she had chosen to play along with his game. Cinnamon-backed ears pricked forward at her bark of reply, though it was very hard to discern the tone. It could have been anger, but he could definitely detect hints of teasing gladness there as well. The smirk that graced his lips was odd on the young mans face but he couldn't help it.

Silky smooth words came from the white wolf and Saul flashed his teeth at her in response. She was quick and compact, but there was no way she could outmatch him in strength. Green eyes flashed as she hunkered down for a moment then sprang. He watched her muscles tense and her body stretch out as if in slow motion. There was no way she was going to make him move and he straightened up out of his play bow and dug his four paws into the snow to make sure he wouldnt move. Her white body once again connected with his but this time he didnt move. The cry that ripped from her lips made him glance down in at the young white wolf.

"You were saying?"

He taunted, green eyes taking in her slightly crumpled form by his paws. With a wicked glint in his eyes he quickly leant down, teeth teasing against her fur as he nipped her shoulders and neck. Short snuffle noises came from his nose as he buried it deep in the fur of her ruff, seeking to nip at the sensitive skin there. She could, of course, move away at anytime and the fact that she probably would made him move so that he stood over her. Twisting around he planted his paws either side of her head and he gazed at her for a moment. The urge to tickle the white wolf was strong and he allowed the wicked grin one more appearance before he leant down and whispered in her rounded ear.

"You like being tickled?"

He murmered, green eyes grazing gold as he jumped back and attempted to bury his face in the sensitive skin of her belly. She hadn't landed on her back, but he was sure he could tempt her to roll over for him. The short snuffles came back and he grin softly as he blew hot air through her coat. She was just adorable.

word count;; 490

<style>
</style>[/html]
ooc; aww, fluffs always make me fuzzy inside :3

Siku grinned nervously at the larger wolf currently in control, golden eyes staring into emerald. He was totally dominating her, and she knew it. The white wolf tilted her head to the side as he spoke to her, her trademark ':3' face once again in full swing. She would just have to be cute and squirm out of his grasp, If possible. The white wolf stared at Saul with wide, innocent eyes as she spoke in a hysterical, naive voice.

"Uuhh, wha? I didn't say any- THA!"

He didn't even let her finish, his teeth already on the most sensitive parts of her neck. The white ball of fur began to giggle madly, squirming all over beneath her captor as he tickled her. He was so crazy! How did he make her want to scream, cry, and laugh all at the same time just by nipping at certain places?! Siku was about to try and squirm and make a get away, but he had paused for a moment. Momentarily given the chance to move freely, Siku immediately rolled on her back to stare up at the larger wolf, gauging his expression and her chance of returning the attack of nips on his sensitive neck. What she had seen when she looked up was something different than she expected. The already handsome wolf had a gorgeous wicked grin plastered on his face. How dare he look so attractive! The white wolf made a playful snap at him, her teeth gnashing just an inch from his own jaw. He could take her down, but not without a fight. Siku was still on her back, pinned beneath the much stronger wolf currently above her. As he spoke again, the white wolf shrieked, body squirming already. He wasn't done!

"Do I like being tickled?- ST- st- stooooop SAUL!"

Siku began to shriek and laugh again, at the mercy of the wolf that now buried his nose in the soft fur of her belly. She had never laughed so much so easily, and her chest nearly ached from it all. Siku curled up her body, still on her back, to reach Saul's face and nip at his neck back. He wasn't the only one with teeth, and she would show him that! The white wolf decided to make a turn on things. She rolled over back onto her back, still beneath him, and then with all her strength she pushed upwards, trying to throw the much heavier wolf off her back. Perhaps if it worked, she could get him to a more vulnerable position and then maybe even hold him down.
[html]

ooc;; <333

Saul could tell that the tactic of pinning her had worked. Although he was above her, he didnt hold her down and therefore she had the opportunity to wriggle free of his imposing body above hers. But he also held her firmly down with the sensitive nips and tugs at her fur that pulled some of the ragged whiteness from her and left behind the fluffliest winter coat he had ever seen. Perhaps he could convince her to groom herself and maybe she would reveal a whole bodies worth of soft downy fur with slightly coarser guard hair that were essential for all of their survival. Cinnamon ears lapped up the girlish giggles and the half formed sentences as she succumbed to his tickling onslaught. She was easy to amuse and this little game of theirs was beginning to cause tension between the two of them, although there was no way you could have called it bad tension. It was perhaps more sparks flying between their two bodies, a phenomenom he couldnt even begin to explain.

She obeyed his pushing nose and rolled obediantly onto her back. He had taken the opportunity and driven his head into her belly, teeth nipping gently while he rubbed his whole head against her stomach. It would probably tickle the white wolf and he was having a great time inhaling her scent and playing her body as he pinned her to the floor. He was considering lowering himself to a laying position over her body so he could talk to her without her moving away from him. They appeared to have moved passed the awkwardness of physcial boundaries and maybe she would open up a little more if she had no choice but to face him. With his four legs either side of her body and his face tucked between his own front paws to get to her belly he didnt see the intention in her golden eyes till she flipped onto her front and attempted to stand up with force. It would have thrown a smaller wolf off but Saul knew it was time to play fair.

As her back connected with the underside of his belly he gave a grunt and jumped up in the air. Wolves were good at jumping most of the time. It took him only a split second to twist his body so that when he fell, he landed close but not on top of her again. It had been his intention to jump off of her and start running so she could chase him for once. However, fate appeared to have a different course for him. As he landed his front paw landed funny, twisting in so that his balance was thrown out of the window. With the slightest of whines, Saul fell on his side, front paw tucked up against his body until he could discern whether it was injured or not. By then Siku would probably have taken advantage and would be on top of him, but he couldnt move just yet.

word count;; 507

<style>
</style>[/html]