You make me feel like I am home again
[html]
Gonna go ahead and get this up here. No posting order or anything, so you guys can just post whenever. Basically it will be Conri and Naniko calling everyone and then letting them know that they've decided to establish a pack, so they're inviting everyone with them to stay. Big Grin We can do a Rank Announcement thread as our first pack thread when we get a forum. :]

Morning had come more quickly than he would have liked. It was hard laying down to rest after such a huge event, he'd been restless and waking on and off all night. At some point in the night Conri had risen, unable to fall back asleep, and had set off through the cool morning air to inspect the lands once more. It was then, when he decided how far out that specific area seemed to stretch, that he began the task of marking the borders, an early warning to others that a pack was to be settling in. It was to great a task to take on in a single morning though, especially for a single canine, and he abandoned his work when the sun finally reached it's way into the sky. He could finish later, the rest of them could help if they decided to stay, and eventually their scent would take over.

The quiet hybrid had a new appreciation of life ever since escaping from his brother. Dwelling on the past would help nothing and he was a prime example of someone else's twisted hold on the past. Or maybe it was what he deserved after being the cause of his father's death, intentional or not. Conri returned to the lake finally, casting a glance out across it before finally lifting his head to the area, releasing a call for all of those that were traveling with he and Naniko. It was an invitation for them to come and listen to his ideas. Even if they didn't want to stay as pack members, they were welcome to stay in the lands until they were well and ready to move on. He dropped his head finally, using one hand to run back across the space between his ears. Even he would have to admit that he was nervous at the prospect of taking on a pack.

[/html]
[html]
you calm the storms, and you give me rest... [ooc]

[bic] ...you hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
She had somehow managed to get a night’s worth of rest, for all of the waking up and bad dreams. She figured that all of them would be having dreams about the fire for a while…it had been a traumatic event, one that would not easily be forgotten. She’d never forget what it was like to live in Clouded Tears, to be a part of that pack…but now it was time to start over again, here.

Naniko was just waking up when she heard the call, and it brought her to full alertness. She got up, wincing as her healing skin protested the movement, and started toward her mate. She approached, giving him a friendly greeting-a nudge beneath the chin. Naniko settled down next to Conri, looking out into the lands. She wondered how Deuce was doing, if Dierdre’s children were all right. Maybe Dierdre would return someday…or maybe she was living in another pack that they didn’t know about yet.

The white wolf looked at Conri, then settled down to wait and see who would come. The wolves that had met up with them were strong and loyal ones, and she hoped that they might want to try and rebuild something with them.

[/html]
The male was glad that his children where growing so well, he made sure that Deuce never went without when it came to food. Not only was she feeding for their pups, she was feeding her grandchildren. Lucifer was itching to start scouting out lands, and hunting for prey and learning all the sweet spots. He wanted nothing more to make sure that this family of his would be able to re-build and move on, picking up after the ashes and moving on.

His eyes seen the mates, and one of his best friends, nodding to the two he was waiting on the mother of his children to be coming, he felt a void, he wish his own mother and father could be here.
[html]
It was strange how simple decisions that seemed meaningless at the time could often turn themselves around into life-changing events. Then again, that was how life was; he reasoned with himself, life was full of little happenings that led to big changes. It was a process that never got old.

Such an event was preparing itself before Betelgeuse, though he could not know it. The Del Bosque runaway had found himself thirsty and in finding his way around the unfamiliar territory, had located a lake. What it was called was unknown to the man, though he didn’t find the answer of much importance anyway. He was simply stopping for a quick drink as he explored his new home.

But as Lady Luck herself would have it, at the precise moment that Betelgeuse neared the lake for a little hydration; a gathering was preparing to take place. Unbeknownst to the young adult, a pack was nearing its creation. Slipping along the bank to reach approach the male who seemed to be the ringleader of this small group, Betelgeuse neglected his thirst and watched silently through light blue eyes. ”Hello there,” he said with a clear accent in his voice. ”Would it be too much trouble for me to join you?” he asked, cocking a brow. ”I am Betelgeuse,” he introduced himself, leaving off the last name that would have immediately gained him recognition in his former home. Here, it was just another name, a name that didn’t need to be said for the time being.

[/html]
She stirred from her nap and checked on the pups. They were sleeping cozilly in their tiny den that she'd dug for them. She slipped out quietly, moving to where Conri and the others were waiting. She only glanced briefly at the stranger before settling herself at her mate's side, stratching the last vestiges of sleep from her body. She was still stiff and sore, and her burns hurt. She wouldn't shift into her two legged from until the burns had healed.

She gave Naniko a quick smile, leaning her head on lucifer for comfort and reassurance. The strange thing was, she was feeling stronger than ever. She'd only todya realized that, even with the knife gone, she hadn't heard eric, hadn't felt crowded in her own mind. It was a good feeling.
[html]

Anyone and everyone is still welcomed to join this meeting at any time.

She was excited to see the three that came to them, her tail twitching a little. It made her glad to see that they had come when Conri had called them, even if they'd been sleeping or nursing pups. One she had never met before-perhaps someone from another of the old packs that she had yet to encounter. In Clouded Tears she had known most everyone--this would be a change...but a welcomed one.

Lucifer had come first. She'd wanted to talk to him the day before, to find out how he had gotten through the fire and how he was enjoying being a father...but there hadn't really been time. She would have to talk to him after the meeting. The green eyed wolf gave him a wink as he settled in next to them. Next came Betelgeuse and Deuce. Naniko wasn't sure if his question had been directed at her, exactly...but she and Conri were in this together. "Greetings, Betelgeuse. I'm Naniko D'angelo. If you wish to stay, we would be glad for your company; all are welcomed here."

Deuce arrived soon afterwards, and Naniko's sharp eyes fell upon her as she sat down next to Lucifer. The pups were all doing well? They must have been strong enough for Deuce to feel confident with keeping them in the den. Naniko didn't know a lot about newborns--she was very, very glad to have Deuce there. She looked to Conri again after one more sweep over the group, smiling. She was sure that he would want to say something, now that some had gathered.

[/html]
[html]
style="border-left:1px #808080 solid; border-top:0px #808080 solid; border-right:1px #808080 solid; border-bottom:1px #808080 solid;"

bgcolor="#170226">
out of character::black engulfs the dying

light

Like Nocht, I am always late, lol.

we launch ourselves into the bright::in character

The previous night Nocht had simply collapsed into a deep and dreamless sleep in the nearest clear space as soon as they had halted. More unconscious than actually asleep, it was still more restful than anything she'd had in recent weeks, her dreams haunted by demon coyotes among other assorted nightmares (The one with the mayonnaise had been particularly disturbing and disorientating.). Even as the sun rose she was reluctant to come to, muttering to herself and turning onto her stomach to shield her face from the sunlight determined to pry her eyes open. Eventually the sounds of the others moving about convinced her to rise and she rubbed a hand across her eyes to dislodge the last cobwebs of sleep from her vision. Suddenly remembering the events of the night before her hand shot out, panicked, for her bow. She found it easily where she'd left it, lying beside her where she'd passed out the night before and calmed. She spent a moment inspecting it and like her it was a little the worse for wear, black with soot and she could see tiny bite marks from when she'd been carrying it in her mouth, but overall it had stood up admirably. Satisfied, she placed it back on the ground in plain sight, where she knew she'd find it.

She wandered off then to find the others, listening carefully and using her nose, following the telltale scents of smoke and singed fur. When she came upon them finally they were gathered together in a loose group and she rolled at her eyes at herself, sighing gently, as she realised that once again she was late. She took up a place near the back, nodding to Conri and Naniko in silent acknowledgement. Apparently late was going to be a theme for her. There was another wolf here too, one she didn't recognise from last night and her gaze lingered on him for a moment, inspecting him.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry this is short/scattered/crappy. DX I'm away for the weekend but I wanted to stop in long enough to post here again. People can still feel free to jump in if they like. :]

Conri was in no real rush to get everyone gathered there, knowing more than likely some were still tired and lacked the real rest that they needed. The reason for such an early call was in the hopes that they could rest better afterward, knowing that they didn't have to worry immediately about finding a place to go for more permanent rest or, if they didn't want to stay in the lands forever, at least know they were welcome to stay until they were ready to move on. Naniko was the first to arrive and it made him smile, returning the nudge with one of his own as she reached him. She seated herself then and Conri slid to the just a bit, inching his way closer to her.

Eyes were quick to switch directions as others started to show up. Lucifer, followed by an inquiring stranger, and then Deuce. "As Naniko said, all are welcome here. I'm Conri Church." He paused a moment then, eying the rest that had gathered. "That is Lucifer, Deuce, and Nocht." He regarded them each separately with a motion of his muzzle as he introduced them. They couldn't get anywhere without knowing one another, he supposed.

It seemed that the majority of them had arrived and settled in, which signaled Conri to bring himself to his feet. "I've asked you all here this morning because Naniko and I have decided to stay in these lands. Twilight Vale, I've called them, and the plan is to stay here and rebuild a home, a pack. I've begun marking these borders just this morning, but I wanted to speak to you all before I finish that." He paused again, glancing toward Naniko in silence before jade eyes moved back to the others gathered. "We want to invite you all to stay with us if you'd like, or if you'd rather not become a part of the pack, to let you know that you're welcome to stay here until you're ready to move on."

[/html]
The male smiled softly feeling Deuce snuggle into him, it was a grand feeling knowing that everything that had made one want to leave the other was gone, dead and burned in the lands of Bleeding Souls. He knew with the fire that this was the first chance to starting a new life, a new life with his children and her grand children. The male wrapped an arm around her, still treating her like a glass doll. The fire had gotten parts of her coat, Lucifer only had a small cough left over form the smoke, it was the price he paid to make sure his family was safe, he would gladly have let his own life end in the fire if it meets that the three of them got out with there life's.

He dipped his head to the new comers, as Conri said who he was. The male was not much for words at this point he was still a bit on the uptight side since the fire, it was not an awaking that any one wants to wake up to. Conri was clearly making him-self the leader of the group, which hey was one last thing that he had to worry about. He had the four pups and a stunning lady that needed him to hunt, and protect them day and night. He took that task willingly on his shoulders.

"I'm here if Naniko will have me, Deuce will you stay here raises the pups with me and my best friend, and her mate."

Deuce had thought that Lucifer had cheated on her with Naniko, but it was still to this day the two of them cuddling up to stay warm, they where friends, pretty easy. Though Lucifer gave his white mate every reason to think that he would leave her after having a drunken sex with Jasper. The black took one of Deuce's paw kissing it. He was thankful to have her at his side.
She only felt vaugly uneasy about joining the pack. Only becasue she was still somewhat afraid that mayeb Lucifer was just a little bit inlove with naniko. She hadn't known that Conri and Naniko had become mates again; this news eased her worries.

It would be a bit weird to have the boy as the leader, though, given that he used to be her step son; the child of her former mate. He was a bit younger than her Dierdre was. young enough to actualy be her son. Still, she was unwilling -and unfit- to take a leading position. She smiled at the boy who wasn't a boy anymore. I can't think of anyone more fitting to be leader than you, Conri. I would be honored to stay.
[html]

This post made me think about our first Naniko and Conri thread together -grin- When she had a broken leg and a huge cast on, and Conri was like "what's that?" and pointed at it, and she was like "it's a leg, duhhhhh!!!"

She and Lucifer had been friends almost from the day they'd met. Naniko had been with little Dhalia and Khaden when she had first seen the dark male, and had been pretty protective of them. But after that initial meeting, they'd found that they actually did have a lot in common. And then after that Naniko had run into trouble with the coyotes, and had hurt her leg pretty badly...he'd helped her when nobody else had been there for her. It meant a lot.

Naniko hoped to be able to help raise the two youngest pups, to gain experience in that sort of a thing...but she didn't have the proper tools. Maybe once they were old enough, she could start teaching them the ways of the pack. Lucky for them, they'd have two uncles around the same age that they could rough-and-tumble with. When she had been little, Conri had been her first real friend.

Her tail thumped against the ground as member after member agreed to stay, to support her, Conri, and the dream that he had for this place.

[/html]
[html]
Luck was on her side, too. Only a few days after escaping the place she had called "home" for her entire life, she had come across the lake; she couldn't have thought of a more suitable place to rest up until she figured out what to do next. She'd spent the night on the bank, lulled by the soft waves. Now, she was in her canine form, and her morning walk brought her upon a fairly good-sized gathering of wolves. She tucked herself behind a small tree, knowing that they were probably too immersed in whatever they were doing to notice her right away. Parker listened to the leader, a cinnamon hybrid of some kind, and it was his words that allowed her to understand.

How odd that she should find a pack in the midst of its formation, right then and there. It felt almost a bit odd to be hiding away there, watching while they spoke familiarly to one another, making introductions. Some told this Conri that they were there to stay. The LeMaire girl wondered what had brought them there... Ah, but if she did what she was itching to do, she would find out. She slipped from behind the tree, clearing her throat to inform them of her presence, if they didn't already know. "Sorry to interrupt. My name is Parker, and I'm assuming I'm welcome to sit in on this, too."
[/html]
[html]

Anka had saved her herbs, so Naniko has a fresh supply to start with. She had been wondering how the others were getting by, if they needed any medical help. She would be able to help if they did need the herbs. She had a few burns on her paws and her leg was aching as usual, but other than that the pristine young female was untouched.

"Of course" A new face had appeared, a chocolate female that she had never met before. There were all sorts of things in this new territory, and it made sense that there would be some new wolves, too. "It'd be great to have you. I don't know if you heard me before..but I'm Naniko. Our packlands have burned down, leaving only ash and soot behind...taking loved ones away from us. Right now we wish to form a permanent group, a family that will take care of one another. If you're interested in that, then we will not turn you away"

[/html]
[html]
The overall acceptance of the idea caused a thin smile to spread across his face, immediately looking to Naniko. Did she feel the same as him, that this place could eventually feel like home? He certainly hoped so, he certainly hoped that all of them felt that way. Perhaps, once they each got settled in to a more permanent den, or even the house that he'd scouted out earlier, it would start to feel just a bit more normal, just a small bit more like an actual home. Another newcomer approached soon after the others had agreed to stay and his eyes strayed toward her. Naniko addressed him, inviting her to stay, so Conri felt no need to respond.

"I'm glad you all have decided to stay with us, we're happy to have you." And he smiled, pausing for a very short moment before speaking up once more. "I've scouted out an area that extends to the east from the lake, stretching all the way across and even down to the cost some. There is a large house between the lake and the edges of the lands we'll claim, perhaps we can get some use out of it." The house, in all honesty, reminded him of Syemv and that was something else that he liked about the lands. "I'll be heading out to continue marking the borders. Please, feel free to scout out den sites or make yourselves at home inside the house."

[/html]
[html]

SLAM! -Careens in and bangs into a tree!- Helena, you cannot be as late as I! I WIN ON BEING LATE! -Snigger snort.- WC: 457. The other one makes up for it though, fo'sho. ^__^; Love meee. <3

___Anka knew she should be getting up now. Conri had called, and the others would be there already. Still, her head rested on the ground, and she was so comfortable... She yawned and growled softly, then dragged herself off the ground in a usual waking-up gesture, mumbling irritably, "Damn you, Conri. Gods forbid I sleep." She wasn't really annoyed, just sleepy. This was among some of the only decent sleep she'd gotten since she was a pup, especially since returning to Bleeding Souls, and she wanted to savour it. Still, she shook her head to rouse herself, and silently thanked herself for, once again, staying in Optime form, fully clothed. She lifted herself of the ground and grabbed her bag, rushing towards the place she'd heard Conri call from. Nearly skidding into a tree as she stopped her previous running movement at the sight of the others, she gasped softly and glanced around. More new faces?

___This was bound to be important.

___First, she greeted those she knew. "Conri, you woke me," she grumbled, but she was smiling, and she hoped he would know that she was taunting him. "Naniko, I've got your herbs, whenever you'd like them." A smile and a nod to her, as well. She was a sweet girl, and she and Conri were perfect together. She gave Deuce and Lucifer both a smile and a friendly nod. Deuce was brave, raising her children and her grandchildren as well. She respected the femme greatly. Her final greeting was towards Nocht, a stunning female indeed, and smiled to her warmly, bowing her head quietly. "Hullo, Nocht," she spoke softly. "Where's the fabulous bow?" She had liked Nocht's tool very much, and hoped to someday ask her to teach Anka how to use it. Bow and arrow, a very intriguing choice of tool. Subtle, yet strong. Anka carried a blade. Not so subtle. Effective. But not subtle.

___Her attention turned to the newcomers. A male and a female. "Oi there, who've we here?" Her voice was curious, inquiring, but not unkind. "I'm Anka. I like to sleep, and the world likes to wake me." She smiled, eyes darting towards Conri. He was a nice lad. A fine friend he would make, perhaps, but despite her actions, she meant nothing more than friends. She hoped Naniko would not misinterpret her actions. She wouldn't want to interfere. "And we're in such a large group... I've not been to a party in many moons." Her eyes were shining with a child like glee that they had lacked most of her life. It felt good. Like she was breaking away.

___"So what's all the hot fuss today, then? Expecting more hellfire? Or are the skies clear and flame-free for now?"

[/html]
[html]

"Thanks" She said, when Anka spoke to her. She thought well of the female, though she'd only seen her a couple of times. It was nice to have friends in the pack, people that she knew. Naniko had loved life in Clouded Tears, and losing the lands had taken a hard toll on her...but she could see something bigger, something greater coming from all of this. In Clouded Tears they hadn't been much of a pack at all, really...more like an odd assortment of strangers. But here she could see them doing more.

Naniko thought for a moment, looking in the direction of the old lands. "I hope not. I think that if it had come this far, we would have seen it. I bet some of the Yawraw stopped it, partially. And we're forming a pack, today--Twilight Vale. You're more than welcome to stay with us, too. We'll have to have another one of these "parties" pretty soon--to stay reconnected, keep up with each other. Sounds good." She stood, looking out toward the border. She'd go there next with Conri, to assist in setting up a proper boundary. Any outsiders would need to know that this group was definitely here to stay.

[/html]
OOC:I hope this is still open to new pack members XD

IC:The young male dragged his feet on the ground. He looked around let out a small howl. So many had been lost and worse yet his adoptive mother had gone missing. He woundered what had become of her pups, if they were even still alive. He saw the emotions on other wolves faces. Everyone had been seperated, it was a new start.

He lifted his head and tasted the air as he had done many times on the way to this new land. He froze. What was that scent? It was much like his mothers but...different. He started running, taking in deep breaths as he went. He then skidded to a stop as he aproched a group of wolves that seemed to be a pack. He lowered himself for a moment then noticed where the smell had come from, the white wolf his mother had spoken of many times. Jazper himself had only met her and her mate Lucifer a few times. He bolted over to her side and rubbed against her muzzle. "Deuce...."

Okay wo it's not letting me delete this post so we'll just pretend this didn't happen and i'll transfer it to a joining thread later.