Hell or High Water
[html]

OOC: Skye please. When she shows up, the next post will determine which personality is going to be dominate in this thread.

Bartholomew finally got Mars in a vulnerable position. Mars didn't know what exactly had happened when Bartholomew had taken over and gone to his friends' house. Orin Takekuro. Mars did not know what she had done, and why the pack was riled up the way it was. Or atleast, the higher ranks had been in a little bit of drama since apparently Shawchert was a little ladies man. More so than Bartholomew (like that was saying much, Bartholomew wasn't too well known to the ladies, he just liked to think he was popular with them) at least. Anyways, Bartholomew had information that Mars would want, and has been asking for since he had learned that Bartholomew had met Orin. This was the only thing that Mars knew, and he was quite furious about what Bartholomew would have said to her, and what may have happened. Bartholomew also seemed to have met the sheep and was wondering why it was following him as well, but he learned from Orin that Mars had owned the sheep for a little bit of time now. Bartholomew wasn't as worried as to where the sheep came from because he could care less where the filthy beast had come from. Why Mars was keeping it was obvious, but why he had planned on keeping the thing for so damn long and to name it and keep it as a pet was even more of a horrible idea because even Vox was too much for Bartholomew, and the only reason Bart didn't bitch about Vox all the time was because Vox was helpful. Axel, in Bart's eyes was useless. Right now, the two Optime men stood squared in front of each other. Mars was standing there, angered look over his face, ears pinned back against his head and teeth bared slightly at the smiling, chuckling Bartholomew.

I'm never gonna to tell ya'.. Bartholomew had spoken to Mars, who simply snarled at the man at the moment. Bartholomew, you need to tell me what you did with her! There's no way that I'll be able to pull off explaining you to her! Nobody wants you, don't you know that Bartholomew?! Mars snarled to his other half, the wolfdog's shackles rising and his mouth letting out a rather long growl. Why should I care about ya? Oh right, I don't. cackled Bartholomew, placing his hands over his stomach as he laughed at Mars, who still was growling and snarling at Bart. It wasn't like Bart and Mars hadn't fought over someone before. It was actually quite common, especially when Bart met someone that was familiar with Mars. It's not like ya have any information that I want anyways. Bartholomew replied to Mars, shrugging his shoulders as his chuckles finally died down. Ya know, ya cute when ya'rre all riled up like that. Bartholomew flirted with Mars, as if that was gonna calm him down or something, but it didn't because Mars was against physical relationships and him having a relationship with himself would be rather...odd? Well, not really odd to the outside person, for it would be just him masturbating all the time, but to him it would be someone touching him so he would be weirded out by himself. Mars spat in Bartholomew's path and Bartholomew reeled his face back for a moment and gave Mars and twisted look. You're ugly all the time. Mars was quick to tell the male, snarl still stuck on his face.

It was stupid that Mars was having this confrontation outside of his house, but Bartholomew pretty much started an argument out here and they didn't have the time to walk back to the house or Bartholomew would just continue on and on about whatever he's bickering about before Mars would finally snap. Mars' patience for Bartholomew was non-existent at the moment, simply because he was being a bitch and holding information away from Mars that Mars really really needed. Mars stood there, solid as stone as the other had chuckled at him still. You are so fucking annoying. Why won't you tell me what happened? You always did like to tell stupid little stories. Mars growled to the other man, trying to coax the words from the stubborn, invisible man. I'm rather entertained with keeping the information away from ya. Yerr reaction is pretty hilarious. Bartholomew spoke, accenting what words he would just because he could. Mars snorted lightly and then stood up straight, withdrew his teeth and became unemotional. You're going to fucking tell me, Bartholomew. Mars told Bartholomew. One way or another Mars was going to get the information he wanted. Even if it meant that he needed to hurt himself to get the information. Unlike Bartholomew, Mars could take physical pain very well so he would have no problem hurting Bartholomew to get information. That's what his mother used to do, after all.

Once Mars had started to let Bartholomew see what he would do to hurt him, Bart started to get a little phased by what he was seeing. Bartholomew hated pain. He hated it like there was no tomorrow. He watched the other man anxiously as Mars thought hard about how he was going to slit Bart's throat. Bart was scared that Mars would actually do it since the other would have no regard for if they stay alive of not. Mars let a wicked grin fall on his face and he took a step forward, towards Bartholomew. Bart became slightly defensive. Mars, git away from meh. Don't do what ya are thinkin! Nah man, don't do it! Bartholomew told Mars not to take a knife to Bartholomew's ear, the middle of his tongue, cut it in half. Mars would do it too. Bartholomew gave in rather quickly once the tongue was threatened. All that happened was that Orin slept with whoever this Shawchert person was, an' then there was a fight between her an' a girl named, what like...Sky or something like that. Bart confessed before Mars gave a rather....hurt face. Why he was hurt like that, he didn't know, neither did Bartholomew. Which Sky did she fight with? Collins or Katruk? Mars asked, cocking his head to the other man. Katruk I think it was. Bart answered quickly, as if he was certain of the name, in which he was. They fought over Shawchert? Have you ever met Shawchert? Mars asked Bart, just in case the man had met the other before. Bart shook his head. All I know is that this Shawchert is the male leader of D' Arte. I haven't met him either... Mars spoke, letting his arms fall to his sides hopelessly. What the hell was he going to do now?

<style>
.marscatmo .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marscatmo p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marscatmo b {color:#8c4fd0; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.marscatmo {background-color:#5b07b8; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... scatmo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c4c3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:459px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 380px 0px; }
.marscatmo-border {width:461px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
mall fonts; text-align:right;">present personality: Mars Russo and Bartholomew Cubbins
SSWM Word Count: 1118
[/html]
[html]

:3

Skye had been checking out some of the abandoned shops near Orin and Mars's house; they were loaded with good things, she soon discovered. And not just good things for herself; she didn't want to take all the things for herself, and she had everything she may need in her house. No, today was a gardening day for Skye - she had taken a rusty but still good watering can that she had promptly filled with water to water the plants - oh, they'd love that! She had also found several other rotting peels from fruits, which she had put in her pack for plant food. The rotting peels would give the plants sustenance - the soil they were planted in was rich and cleared from snow thanks to Skye, and this would give them that extra nudge of food they needed.

And they did need it - almost very badly. Although Skye was trying her hardest, more and more of the plants were dying every day for no reason. Well, there was a reason - it was cold, and snow was falling every day in more and more amounts. Skye cursed the harsh winter - she hated it when there was something intervening with her plants, although she knew it would be worth it in the end. An added resistance to the wintertime, in fact - in the spring and summer, they'd be blooming like crazy, sporting red and blue berries along with some other plants Skye had planted that included beautiful flowers.

Right now, however, she had busied herself with covering the plants with water more and more. It froze and the warmth soaked into the plants instead of being released into the air. The ice then protected the plants from further harm from the wind and snow. She did, however, have to clear away the snow every day to prevent the plants from freezing over or getting smothered and not having enough sunlight, which was sparse as it was already.

She was looking through the third shop she was in when she heard someone's voice outside. She poked her head out the door and saw Mars there; he seemed to be talking to someone, but...no one was around. Well, maybe he was talking to someone inside the house. She finished up pilfering the shop for good gardening supplies, which turned out to be a wash - she didn't find anything other than a picture of plant, which was definitely not what she was looking for.

Grumbling at her bad luck at the third shop, she stalked out and saw Mars still standing there. He was looking a bit hurt, but had stopped talking to...whoever it had been. Skye smiled and walked over; she was gardening, so she could use a bit of company. "Hello, Mars," she said. "Nice day, isn't it?" It was true - the clouds were clearing up a bit for a day, giving the plants a bit of needed sunshine. She lifted her watering can up. "I was just about to go tend to the plants; care to join me?"

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc: 516

[/html]
[html]

OOC: I flipped a coin and Mars came up so I guess that's who you get. Next one we can have Skye meet Bartholomew.

Mars had sighed lightly and shrugged his shoulders. Why does this bother me at all? Orin does what she wants. That's obvious. Mars thought to himself, his brows furrowing and his arms crossing across his broad chest. He looked straight at Bartholomew. What else happened? the quiet man had asked his counterpart. Bartholomew looked over towards a building, and he did not speak. He simply looked at what had been coming their way, icy eyes on the woman as she had walked gracefully over towards both Mars and Bartholomew. Mars was greeted by the woman, and this would cause Bartholomew to quickly take his leave. He vanished into thin air simply. Mars looked at the woman, his arms still crossed over his chest. He waved a hand at her, still being silent for a moment as she had approached closer still. Mars glanced over to see that Bartholomew was gone, him apparently not taking any interest in meeting this woman at the moment. Mars let his eyes fall back on the woman, watching her and her little watering can walk up towards him. Yeah, it is pretty nice out today. calm and cool voice had spoken these words to the woman. He put on an actor's smile to seem friendly since she was higher ranked in the pack, and she was nice as well, but mostly because she was a higher rank.

Skye asked the quiet man if he would like to help her garden. Mars was a gardener, for he knew what he was doing when it came to tending plants, but these days he rarely got out there and tried to plant anything. Not only because it was cold outside and snowy more so than sunny, but because he was not one who liked to get his hands completely dirty. Bartholomew was the batter gardener of the two, but Mars still was able to handle it. Mars looked to his home for a moment and saw that his guitar was sitting right out on the porch, waiting for him to come and pick it up. Mars nodded his head to the woman, his eyes moving back to hers for a brief moment. Lettme get my guitar and I'll be right with you. the man excused himself and he had trotted over to his porch and he had grabbed the guitar by the neck and then he took the strap and pulled it over his head and held the guitar on his back.

The musician then had gone ahead and approached the woman again and waited for her to lead the way to the garden. How are you doing today, Miss Skye? Mars asked, almost in a child-like way to the woman, voice still calm and cool as it always was. Both of his ears were tilted towards her as was his head turned in her direction as he walked alongside the woman, following her where she went since he was joining her in taking care of the plants. What plants do you have, if you don't mind me asking? Mars asked out of curiosity.

<style>
.marscatmo {background-color:#5b07b8; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... scatmo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c4c3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:459px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 380px 0px; }
</style>
mall fonts; text-align:right;">present personality: Mars Russo
SSWM Word Count: 520
[/html]
[html]

Skye waited patiently as Mars went to get his guitar. The young man was respectful and nice, and she valued him as a member, even though she didn't know him that well. She wondered how long Orin had known him - probably for a while, since they evidently came from the same pack. She wondered if they'd grown up together, and if Niro had known him as well, since Niro was Orin's brother. Mars had a cool head and a calm voice, and he had many talents to boot. She knew that he would be a reliable member if anything went awry, and was glad that he agreed to accompany her to the garden. She wondered if his many talents encompassed the arts of tending to gardens.

"I'm doing good, thanks," she said to the man as he came back. "Yourself?" She then began to lead the way to the garden. Mars's house was a little ways away from the garden, so she cut through the center of the town and started walking. The day was cool and crisp on Skye's thick fur, and the asphalt provided a luxurious warmth on her paw pads. She lead the way until they passed by her own house and finally ended up at the garden. She looked down proudly at her sprouts.

Many were ripe and green despite the cold winter months - the combination of sprinkling water on them to give them warmth and putting peels in the ground helped keep them nice and alive. Some were yellowing, but still had a healthy look. A few were dead, but in Skye's eyes, that was a little failure - small potatoes. She was just glad her mother's advice was working. She heard Mars ask what kind of plants she grew there, and she turned her proud gaze to the man.

"Well, over here," she said, pointing to a close cluster of plants that had a wooden spike embedded in the ground in front of them that read 'blue berries', "are the blue berries." She understood that the writing was small and sort of illegible, since Skye hadn't had much room on the spike and had just put them there to differentiate the different sprouts. She pointed to another cluster. "Those are the red berries - they're really good I had some before - and those," she said, gesturing to another clump, "are some flowers I thought were pretty and took some. There are others, but I'm not sure what they'll grow into - it's sort of a variety here. I hope they survive the winter." Skye didn't know what she would do if her precious plants were destroyed in a storm of sorts. She would surely be devastated - she worked so hard on these plants, put so much effort into them. She wondered, much too late, if she should have put them in a sort of greenhouse instead. That would have protected them from storms, mostly.

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#501+

[/html]
[html]

OOC: sorry for the wait.

The woman had been doing good, she had said, and she would thank him before she would ask him how he was doing. Mars gave an actor's smile and nodded his head as his mouth let out a simple sentence. I'm doing pretty good. the man was quick to let the words smoothly fall from his tongue and float in the air to the woman's beige ears. He walked along with the woman, faux smile just sitting there on his maw as she had lead him to the garden she had been growing. When they had made it to the garden, Mars was surprised to see green as much as he did. There was more green than there was brown on the plants, and there was barely any brown. Mars looked at the plants with his icy blue eyes. He looked at the woman then, steel eyes rising to her. She had started to point at the plants and explain which were what plants. Mars had gone ahead and taken a seat to the right of the woman, and he put his guitar on his lap. He then started to strum it softly, and he watched the woman do her gardening. Did you need me to help you with anything? Or did you just want the company? the man asked, wondering if there was anything specific that he needed to do.

Mars then decided to comment on her plants, and to think about what else she might have. He thought about it before asking her, simply because he wanted to think about it before so. Do you think you are going to be growing wheat? the man asked, wondering if she was going to be growing this plant so he could perhaps get a some bread for him to be able to make sandwiches and whatnot. Mars liked bread, and so did Bartholomew, so having no wheat to make flour so that they could make bread had been rather frustrating to the American. Until she would tell him he would need to get up, Mars would sit there, playing his guitar and giving the woman a nice melody to to garden her plants with. He sat there and watched her though as he had played the guitar, his mind mulling over this woman and who exactly she was. Mars had sat there and let his mouth be silent for the time being. He'd let the song play to her, letting her listen to the sound of his guitar. He'd yet to sing, for it was not time in the song to add the words. It was a solemn song, one that matched the mood of her gardening on a winter morning, just as she was. The musician had made sure that he was able to match the mood with his guitar, simply because he needed something to play to, didn't he? Her being with the plants would provide something other than just the plants. That and Mars believed that playing music to the plant would help them grow. He'd to it all the time for the wheat fields back when he was in California.

Miss Skye....Are you an artist too? the man would randomly ask, wondering if she did anything artist-like since she was in a pack surrounded by them. It'd be weird to be one who does not know art in a pack that is based on art, but if they were warriors then maybe Mars could believe that they would be useful. Then again, it didn't seem like CdA would have a problem with other packs. On the foot of it all, they could have a problem and need warriors so it would be good to have them. Mars then realized that maybe it wouldn't be weird to have others in the pack. He wondered slightly how that system worked. He didn't know if he cared enough to really ask Skye how it worked, so he saved the thought for later, if they ran out of things to talk about.
Am I supposed to be happy, when all I ever wanted comes with a price? the man sang the first line of his song..

<style>
</style>
mall fonts; text-align:right;">present personality: Mars Russo
SSWM Word Count: 697
[/html]