and the wheels keep turning
[html]

What a strange place this was. Xion was fascinated by the intricate tunnel systems that the Anathema pack had claimed, and had started spending time wandering through them aimlessly, wanting to learn as much about her new home as she could. So far, she hadn't run into anyone else, but she was also drifting about the caves in hopes of meeting her new packmates. It was so exciting to her, a new place, new faces, and a new life. In the back of her mind she still felt some guilt for leaving her family back in the Valley, but really and truly this felt like it was the right decision.

The girl now entered a large, wide room that seemed bigger than all of the others. She gazed around with her mismatched eyes, amazed that such a huge place could be hidden inside of a mountain like this. And then her childish side kicked in, and she found herself speaking to no one. "Hello?" she called, listening to the sound of her voice reverberating throughout the room. "Echo!" the white wolfess shouted, ears swiveling to catch the echoes around her, amused. She couldn't help but grin, childish as it was to be standing around listening to the sound of her own voice.

<style>
.xiongreen .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.xiongreen p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.xiongreen b {color:#4CBB17; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#458B00 1px 1px 1px;}
.xiongreen {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2rg050y.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.xiongreen-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.xiongreen .inner {margin:300px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 377
Lol @ the Echo :’)

Rock bottom, that was the best way to describe the mood he was currently in. His whole body still ached from his recent fight and he was stuck recuperating in the caves, which was the same as being sentenced to die from boredom he thought. Initially the caves had truly fascinated him as they do for most newcomers, but after a few days he had worked his way round and figured out the puzzle that is the caves. There were a few areas he had yet to completely get his head around, especially the deeper tunnels, but they were too far into the caves for him to access with injured legs and so he was now trying to find a way to kill time. So far today he had cleaned his personal space 3 times and wondered through the nearby caves twice and he refused to clean his room again which left him the option of going for a small walk through the caves. Again.

This is the price one pays for being anti-social he taunted himself, you make no friends then you have no one to spend your time with, how lonely is that? Sighing he shrugged of the teasing thoughts he was directing at himself and concentrated on walking. As he distanced himself from his candle lit room he was swallowed up by the dark tunnel, his mixed grey-toned coat blending into the rocky walls of the caves.

Eventually he made his way up to the large common room, stopping just short of the entrance. Before him he saw a stranger, he was sure he had not encountered the wolf before. A newcomer? he questioned as he studied the wolf. She was white with unusual markings and odd eyes, both of which gave her character, but character or not he did not recognise her and was about to confront her, then she spoke.

Or rather, she shouted ‘Echo’, the sound bouncing and resonating through the room. Seeing the childish side to the unknown female Key couldn’t help but smile, he’d been dying to do that ever since he first saw the room but had so far resisted temptation.

Stepping out into the room he shouted “Hello” and listened to the sound echo throughout the room.

<style> .alakidark .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#C0BFCD;} .alakidark p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;} .alakidark b {color:#C0BFCD; font-weight:bold} .alakidark {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1949/avatarmh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C0BFCD; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F72; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; width:425px; text-align:justify; } .alakidark-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; } </style>[/html]
[html]

For the moment, Xion was so caught up in amusing herself with the echoes that she hadn't even noticed the entrace of another wolf, but when she suddenly heard another voice that was not her own echoing through the cave, she jumped a little and her mismatched eyes sought the source. She spotted him then, thinking that perhaps his dark coat had been what kept her from noticing him as it blended in with the dark and earthy tones of the stone walls around them. Regardless, this was one of her new packmates and she thought it proper to introduce herself. She took a few steps toward the stranger, looking at him curiously.

"Oh, hi," she said a bit awkwardly. "I didn't know anyone else was around." She hesitated, her lack of social skills becoming rather apparent. "You're a member of Anathema, aren't you? I just recently joined the pack, and I'd like to get to know more about the members and such. Oh, and my name is Xion!" The slightly jumbled thoughts all came spilling out of her mouth at once in her excitement.

<style>
.xiongreen b {color:#4CBB17; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#458B00 1px 1px 1px;}
.xiongreen {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2rg050y.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.xiongreen .inner {margin:300px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 261
Hrmz, no idea where this is going. If you want to do something specific lemme know ^^

As the female introduced herself in a jumbled up manner, Key finally allowed himself to relax a little. Xion, as she had called herself was a new member, which made her family supposedly. Quietly observing the female he decided the she was childish and naïve; and the perfect target for some light teasing. At that thought a sly grin spread across his lips, she was a new member and he was meant to be nice and welcoming, sadly he couldn’t play nice and he’d never been the welcoming type.

Tentatively he sat, taking the weight off his injured front legs before he responded to Xion. “Calm down a bit there or ya’ll bite your tongue” he teased, “I’m Alaki, kinda new here myself” he added, with a polite nod of his head, it surprised him how nice he was managing to be to the newcomer. Was it the childish side to the female that made him take a liking to her or the unique features she had, both probably he mused. “The common room is interesting, no? And apparently good for echo’s as well” he said whilst indicating to the large space they stood in, his voice barely concealing his own contained laughter.

Briefly he paused, licking at a spot on his left fore leg that was itchy and irritating him. Once satisfied that it would no longer bother him he continued with his conversation. “Sooo, Is there anything I can do for you Miss Echo? Or would you just like to spend some time in the charming company of myself?”.

<style> .alakidark .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#C0BFCD;} .alakidark p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;} .alakidark b {color:#C0BFCD; font-weight:bold} .alakidark {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1949/avatarmh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #C0BFCD; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F72; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; width:425px; text-align:justify; } .alakidark-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; } </style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: I was just thinking maybe he could show her around a bit or tell her some stuff about the pack?

Xion watched the other wolf as he spoke, her ears momentarily flicking with annoyance. He had a bit of an attitude. But then again, she was a new pack member and hadn't met anyone, so she supposed that the others wouldn't necessarily be treating her like best friends yet. Besides, this wasn't Lyvee lands and she was not going to be hailed as divinity here. Besides, this packmate wasn't that bad. It could have been worse.

"It's nice to meet you, Alaki," Xion replied, attempting to keep some semblance of politeness. She noted that he mentioned the common room; that must be what this was. A large room like this would be good for meetings and the like. The girl made a mental note of this; she wanted to learn the layout of these caves as quickly as possible. Her mother had told her the dangers of getting lost; she didn't want to end up looking foolish or worse, in some kind of trouble. She ignored his slight mocking of her for the moment, knowing that if she argued with him she probably wouldn't get anywhere.

Miss Echo. That was something she had never been called before. She scoffed quietly. He was quite the egotistical one. "Well, perhaps you could tell me what you know about this place?" she asked, once again choosing to ignore his smart-aleck attitude.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 329
Sounds good to me, seems like Key's gonna behave himself now ^^. His mood swings are all over the place; miserable, childish, bully and now nice guy. He simply cannot make his mind up!

Key was disappointed with the lack of reaction he got from the newcomer, he was planning to tease her for a little longer but with little to no reaction he grew bored of the idea. Those who don’t react are no fun at all and to top it all off she had responded to him in a polite tone! Politeness was a way of hiding one’s intentions; it was a nicer way of insulting people and a way for dealing with those they did not like. It was also used when you’re meeting new acquaintances, but he found himself self mighty suspicious of the polite front the female was showing. His eyes narrowed slightly as he considered the female, then he dropped the trail of thought with a shrug of his shoulders and a sigh; she was now family and he shouldn’t be being so paranoid over a small matter such as politeness, he scolded himself mentally.

When Xion inquired about the howling caves and the pack he was not entirely surprised, looking at the female once again he considered his options. Did he want to spend more time with Xion or go sulk in his room? Quickly he threw away any and all ideas of returning to his room. Today’s plan was to make nice, to be social, he was to start anew. That left him with only one option he could think off…

His grin turned into a soft smile which didn’t quite reach his eyes, “I can give you a tour if you like, I can only cover the main parts of the caves because of my legs” he said whilst indicating towards his battered legs with his head, “whilst we walk i can answer any questions you throw at me, so long as I know the answers to them myself that is. How’s that sound to you, Echo?” he offered, tilting his head to the side in a questioning manner. Echo, that nickname was sticking.

[html]

ooc: sorry for the wait, crazy week.

Well, at least Xion had found someone who was willing to show her around and maybe tell her a few things. She noted the fact that Alaki had injuries. She considered telling him to go easy on his legs and just give her a simple tour, but did he really deserve that after teasing her? "What happened to your legs?" she asked instead, curious. "And a tour would be great. Lead the way." He still kept calling her "Echo." The girl had a feeling that name would be sticking for a while, and she sighed under her breath at the thought. A silly thing like giving nicknames was something her brother Delwyn might have done back when they were younger.

She thought about what kinds of questions to ask him. He said he hadn't been around the pack for very long, so he might not know much of its intricate inner workings. Still, he probably knew some basic information at least. "So does everyone live down here? Underground? It's very interesting. I've never seen a place like this." Her thoughts spilled from her mouth as they came to her mind, as usual. "What are the other members like?" She was filled with questions, now that she really thought about it. Hopefully she wouldn't get on Alaki's nerves.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Coding by Sie.
Word Count:506
ooc text: Here's the tour. Slight PP in the assumption that she follows him. Hope that's okay?

In Character

Shaking his dark fur slightly he eyed the female with suspicion. If he was to give her a tour he was going to need to change into his optime form. A reluctant sigh passed through tight set jaws; being in his optime form was not his favourite thing but it was more practical than further damaging his legs.

His change began with the familiar itching and discomfort and soon he found himself in his tall, two legged form. Long, dark hair fell past his waist, hugging and wrapping itself around his back. His lower jaw fell open and he let out a tired yawn. Now to play nice pack member. Fun, fun fun.

At the mention of his legs he looked to his now bandaged arms. Did he want to go into detail? No. But he’d answer the question vaguely at least. “Hrmm, I was told stupidity is an incurable disease found in all males and sadly, it got the better of me” he finished with a wink.

“Well then, little Echo. We shall begin our tour!” and with that he began to walk to the upper section of the room, without waiting for a response and making the assumption that the female would follow. “As I mentioned earlier this is the general common room.” He waved a hand indicating to the large space, playing the part of a tour guide. “As for the members I have met a few; they all have… unique personalities. But they seem like good people I suppose, as for living quarters, we will get to them in good time”.

He entered into a small tunnel and reappeared into another room. “This here is the Kitchen Room, up at the top there from the left is an emergency exit, liquid storage, spices & dry goods and cold storage.” He paused for a second and turned to his right.

Passing through another small tunnel he emerged into yet another large-ish room. “Now we are currently in the Feasting room. Used for, well, feasting.” Again he paused and then continued downwards this time back into the common room, walking to the next nearest tunnel way which leads to a room roughly the same size as the general common room.

“Now we enter the Pack Storage room, up there” he pointed to the upper section of the room “is blankets & clothes as well as Jars and glass storage. And, down there is the library and the lighter tunnel leads to one of the three main entrance”.

He made a small u-turn and returned back into the common room. “As you may have noticed the majority of rooms are linked to the general common room. The tunnels down there lead to the alpha’s rooms, the ceremonial commons room, a second main entrance as well as a tunnel to the horse room. The horse room links to the third and final main entrance by the way.”

“Now that the main parts are done, we can hit the living quarters” a small grin touching his face.

<style>
.Key-ktable p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Key-ktable b {color:#5c1e1e;}
.Key-ktable-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Key-ktable-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#5c1e1e; text-shadow:#350a0f 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Key-ktable-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Key-ktable {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5c1e1e; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#906350; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/781/alaki.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 160px 0px; } </style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: lol wow, I totally didn't even notice that you replied until now XD *fails* and the PP is fine.

Xion watched as Alaki shifted into his two-legged form. So he was a Luperci too. She thought for a moment, then realized that perhaps if he needed his optime form to move through the caves, she might too. With a deep inhale, the white wolfess closed her eyes and she too began to change; spine realigning and limbs lengthening as her body orientation moved from horizontal to vertical. In contrast to Alaki, Xion's short, white hair just barely touched her shoulders. Apparently he wasn't going to tell her exactly how he got injured; she chuckled at his "explanation" nonetheless. Perhaps he was just too proud to admit whatever had happened.

And with that, their tour began; Xion looked around with wide eyes as Alaki introduced her to the many different rooms in the tunnel system. She was intrigued and also slightly anxious at his mention of the "unique" personalities the other members had, and also interested to see these living quarters that he kept talking about. The faster she could get settled in and find a nice place to sleep at night, the faster it would be for this place to feel like home.

Xion marveled at the wide variety of stored items that the pack had amassed. The food storage area was filled with a mixture of appetizing scents, and she looked forward to feasting in the room set aside for that purpose. And they also had horses? It was rather odd for horses to live underground, Xion thought, but then again it was unusual for wolves to do so as well. There had been horses at Phoenix Valley, too; they lived near the ranch house that Jefferson and Geneva inhabited.

Alaki then informed her that the main tour was over, and they would now be heading for the living quarters. She gave him a nod and said, "Okay, let's go. I'm interested to see what they're like."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 733
Whoops, completely forgot about this, sorry x.x

Initially he had agreed to the tour to kill time and wind up Echo some more, but as he moved through the various rooms he found himself genuinely enjoying himself, watching the female’s expressions change each time she entered a new room. Thinking back, he too had thought of this place as strange and yet wonderful when he had first entered. But, even more surprising than him enjoying being nice, he found himself not minding Echo too much, perhaps he’d fond another pack member whom he could tolerate being around.

When he mentioned the caves in which the pack live in she seemed excited. He couldn’t resist smiling at her, just a little. She was like a little puppy, full of energy and ready to burst, so naïve and pure at the same time. In response to her words he simply nodded and began to head to the far left of the common room.

Looking at the female, she had white, short hair which complimented her slim build. Her unique eyes and markings added into the mix gave her an interesting appearance. “You’ve got some unique markings there” he finally said. “They got an interesting story behind them” he asked out of curiosity.

“Anyway, the caves are interesting. Some need some touching up here and there. Which reminds me, if you ever need help moving in or making something, just give us a shout” he offered then paused, remembering his injuries “Well, not sure if I’d actually be any help at the moment though” he chuckled and added a playful wink.

“Right, the middle tunnel there leads to the family rooms. As far as I know there is currently only one family in there. Don’t know them personally though so there’s not much I can say.” He informed her and moved down to the lower tunnel.

After walking into the lower tunnel abit he continued with the tour, “To the left is Theodore’s room. He’s a Dasa, a warrior. Pretty good at organizing hunts and he seems like the reliable sort.” Continuing on he passed an empty room, assuming that the female would notice it was empty by scent. “Then we have Live’s place, he’s an older, retired warrior from what I know. Seems abit full of himself” he mused, then laughed “’Suppose it take one to know on though. But again, I’d say he’s fairly reliable, when he’s not being a kill joy” he laughed at himself gossiping about the various pack members. When he woke up that morning he had not thought he’d manage to be nice, to laugh and joke, when deep inside all he wanted to do was curly up and die. But he was, he was managing and moving on.

“Moving along we have Demi, one of the pack’s doctors. A piece of advice for you here; if you ever need medical assistance, treat yourself. If you absolutely have to go to her, be sure to mind you manners and keep your mouth shut.” He paused and shuddered at the memory. “Learnt that one the hard way” and again, he laughed, raising his less injured forearm to wipe away a tear as he continued onwards, grinning like an idiot.

“Ah! Here we have Selene’s place. She’s generally nice, no further comments” he said, putting on an announcer voice and getting right into his role as a tour guide. “Next occupied rooms are these two, but I have yet to meet the occupants, so no comments here” vaguely he waved his hand towards the two cave entrance as he moved down the tunnel.

“Coming up next, that tunnel leads to an emergency exit. And now, we enter the best bit of the caves!” his grin remained firm, spreading ever so slightly more. Pointing to his left he began with “Empty room, empty, empty, empty, empty, empty and then we have my room!” he pointed to his cave, the entrance covered with a crude curtain door, thing. “Abit empty, eh? I think I must smell or something.

“Anyway, all the rooms past here are empty, the 4 end ones are guest rooms and this is the end of our tour, Miss Echo.” Pointing at his door he asked “Wanna come in?” as despite his bravado he was tired and wanted to sit down. If the female had any further questions he’d answer them, once he was sitting down that was.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3997af; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #688081; }
.allifreebei03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e1ebe5; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei03 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#a1c1c2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei03.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e1ebe5; padding: 115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#e1ebe5; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei03-border1 {width:482px; border:2px solid #3997af; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei03-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px solid #66aab8; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table By Alli

[/html]