Bear-y Nice
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Alli; Figured that it would be easiest to set it in Dawali's hut since they both live there. And just so you know only Sakari can see Hvnii, the sun bear cub.

Sakari had been taken in by her uncle and was currently staying with him. She quickly learned of another pup staying with them as well. Actually, the other pup had gotten here first. Sakari wasn't certain where the other girl had come from. With Uncle Dawali having fussed over her and making sure she remained warm after what had happened to her friend and traveling companion Sakari hadn't had the time to talk with the other pup, to find out more about her and her aspirations. While young Sakari already knew what she was doing with her life. She knew just what path she was going to follow down. She was going to be just like her uncle. She would gain a great bird as her spirit guide and learn the measures to save lives as well as properly care for those that had departed this world. She wanted to make her family proud, to bring honor to the great name that she was blessed with.

The girl yawned and stretched herself out, shifting around beneath her blanket. Slowly she blinked open her eyes as she roused herself from sleep. A soft giggle left her lips as she saw Hvnii curled up next to her. Nosing her way out of the blanket the petite little crawled over to cub in order to nudge her with her nose. "Time to wake up sleepy head." She giggled out the words to Meda's spirit guide that had chosen to stick with her for whatever reason. Another giggle slipped out as the cub had put a paw over her own face. "I can still see you Hvnii." She giggled out the words and nosed her way beneath the bear's paw to touch noses with her.

Sakari hadn't even paused to think about how this would come across. To everyone else it appeared as if she was talking to herself and playing with the air in some strange fashion. Then again Sakari figured that since she could see Hvnii that others could as well. But then again Sakari tended to see the spirit guides of others for some reason. Because of this she didn't realize that most others only saw their own spirit guide and not those belonging to someone else. Not that Sakari currently possessed her own to see. No, she just had her friend's spirit guide to play with until she went out on her journey and found her own. Of course she couldn't wait for that moment. She couldn't wait to gain her own bird like the rest of those in her family had. But until that time came she had Hvnii. "Hvnii, are you still going to be here after I get my own spirit guide?" She asked the sun bear cub as she laid down again and pulled the blanket back over her so that her uncle wouldn't fuss about her staying warm. She didn't get a clear response from the spirit guide. It seemed to be a question that couldn't be answered until the time came.

<style type="text/css">
.Sakarifree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5d2e34; }
.Sakarifree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#feb1b9; text-align:center;}
.Sakarifree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Sakarifree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#613030; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... able01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #dab0b7; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#feb1b9; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Sakarifree01-border1 {width:504px; border:1px solid #613030; margin:0 auto;}
.Sakarifree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #dab0b7; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: That's cool. Ayasha might think she's off her rocker though.
IC: Ayasha was in another blanket just starting to stir when she heard the voice of the other pup that Dawali had found. She knew that her name was Sakari but that was it. She peeked out of the blanket she burrowed under and saw that she was apparently talking to herself. Or so it seemed. Who was this Hvnii? They were alone in the hut. She thought it was a dream but then she figured if the other pup was still talking, she wouldn't be able to sleep any more. So she got up and asked, "Who are you talking to?" She said this curiously not trying to be mean. "What's a spirit guide?" This pup was an odd one, that was for sure. But she would try and be friends with her.
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Alli; That is fine.

The girl couldn't help but giggle at how silly the cub was being. Then again Hvnii had always been a lazy butt and didn't like getting up early in the morning when it was cold out. It took a bit of poking and prodding to get the cub up but once she was awake she was quite pleasant to play with. Ever since Meda had gotten Hvnii she had enjoyed playing with her friend's spirit guide. She was glad that the old and wise being chose to actually play with her instead of just preach all of the time. Hvnii was the hands on sort, or she was with Sakari.

She turned to look at the other pup as she was questioned, having not realized the other girl was still in the hut. "Hvnii." She spoke and nodded to where the bear was, not realizing that she was the only one that was able to see the bear. That it wasn't normal to see the spirit guides of others. She just thought that because she and Meda had seen Hvnii that everyone else saw the cub as well.

She tilted her head a bit at the question. How did one not know what a spirit guide was? Didn't she come from the Great Tribe? "Hvnii is a spirit guide. They are animals that talk to you and guide you. You go on a long journey to find one. Tsugi has a bird and I'm going to get a bird just like him." Again she had no idea that her uncle went by Dawali here. She had always heard of him as Tsugi. At least when her mother had talked of her uncle she had always called him Tsugi. That was simply the way that she saw him. She had only met him a small amount of time ago and had no idea that he went by Dawali here.

<style type="text/css">
.Sakarifree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5d2e34; }
.Sakarifree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#feb1b9; text-align:center;}
.Sakarifree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#613030; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... able01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #dab0b7; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#feb1b9; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Sakarifree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #dab0b7; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Ayasha looked to where the older pup was pointing but didn't see anyone or anything. "Uh, there's nothing there." She was really starting worry about her hut-mate. "Are you feeling OK? Do I need to get Dawali?" She asked concerned. If there was something wrong with her than Dawali would be able to help her.

When she was told what a spirit guide was, she nodded but then heard a word she had never heard in her life. "Tsugi?" Now she was really starting to worry for Sakari. She asked wide-eyed, "You're not going crazy, are you?" She wasn't trying to be mean. She was just worried for the older pup.
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Alli

She looked curiously at the younger girl. Was there something wrong with her eyes? She had heard of that being the case before. She didn't know anyone like that though. "But she is right here." The petite girl insisted, lifting up a paw to place on the bear's back though it only appeared as if she had her paw held up in the air. She could see Hvnii just fine so why couldn't the other see the bear as well? She simply didn't understand what was going on. Hvnii was stillt here, the cub hadn't move anywhere.

"I'm fine? Are you feeling sick? Maybe you should wrap up." After all Sakari had to keep a blanket on because she didn't want her uncle upset. He wouldn't let her out of the blanket when she had first got here and so now she kept one on wherever she went. That way she could still go out and play and not get in trouble with her uncle since she was still staying warm at the same time.

She shook her head. "No, of course not. Tsugi is my uncle." How could she be going crazy? She knew just where she was at. She knew who she was. She knew who her family was. How was that crazy? Maybe her version of crazy and this girl's were completely different. "Where did you come from? Did you travel here from the Great Tribe too?" She was curious if the other had made the long trip here as well. She couldn't remember seeing the other girl there. But that didn't mean that she didn't use to be there. Sakari hadn't been about to meet everyone before leaving. She had mostly spent what time she did away from her family with her friend Meda. The two had been close and nearly inseparable despite the age difference.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
She looked again but shook her head. "All I see is you're hand in the air." Then she thought of something. "Is it an imaginary friend? Cause if it is, that's not necessary, I'll be your friend!" She gave the older pup a big grin. But she was still worried about her. Wrap up? "Why would I need to wrap up?" This was one strange wolf. Her talking made less sense than an adult's.

"Dawali is your uncle? What exactly is an uncle?" She had some vague idea that it was a person that was somehow related to you but that was the breadth of her knowledge on that subject. "What's the Great Tribe?" This was getting more and more confusing for her.
[html]

She tilted her head in confusion. How could she not see the bear cub? It simply didn't make sense to her. How could she think that Hvnii was imaginary? That was just silly. "No, Hvnii was Meda's spirit guide. She lets me play with her. Hvnii is real." She had never before been accused of living out fantasies. More often than not she was remarked to be intelligent for one her age. Especially since she already had her life mapped out. She had a strong will and heart. It was a reason that she had been allowed to make the long trip despite her age. Sakari was a survivor.

"So that you don't get cold and sick. Tsugi said I should stay wrapped up." And with the words she reached back to adjust her blanket to make sure that her body was covered. She certainly didn't want to get in trouble. She only wanted her uncle to be proud of her. She didn't want to give him a reason to be upset. She didn't come here to be a bother or a worry to him. No, she came to follow in his footsteps because she looked up to him and all of the great things that she had heard about him.

She nodded her head in response to the first question. "He is my mother's brother. That makes him my uncle. Do you have any family here?" Which was a silly question to ask. Why would the other be staying with Dawali if she had family here. "How long have you been staying with my uncle?" Of course she was curious. Who wouldn't be curious about who else they were living with? Curious about their roommate? "What is your name? How old are you?" She asked questions that she had forgotten about earlier. After all it might help to know what to call the other girl that was living in the hut.

"The Great Tribe is..." She had to pause and frown as she thought how to explain it. "It is just like this but bigger with more wolves. It is a long way away. I came here from there just like Edusti Tsugi did." She smiled happily, quite proud of herself. She already had something to compare herself to her uncle with. And when she got bigger and could finally shift then she would have more things in common with him. She just had to. It was part of her plan for her life, the only plan for her life. She couldn't even begin to imagine anything else for herself. How could she? She had made the entire trip just to say that she had followed in the paw prints of her uncle. She had the first step crossed off of the checklist. Or maybe more than one since she was a red wolf just like him and had the same last name as well. Then when she got to where she could shift she could learn to handle plants and be a healer just like him. She even had one that was willing to teach her to ride a horse, that had already taken her out riding on a horse.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
She gave the older pup a 'yeah right look' and said, "Uh-huh." She was really close to asking for Dawali to come and help her out. But beside the 'spirit guide' and talking funny, this pup seemed nice. About being wrapped up, she said, "He didn't telling that I need to stay wrapped up. I've already met three adults, Liliana, Oceane, and J'Adore." She held up three of her fingers on her paw. "J'adore says that when I'm big enough I can ride his little horsie named Inez." She said proudly.

About family, she sadly shook her head. "My pack all died, 'cept me and mommy. She dieded to save me from a bear. Then Dawali founded me a few days later." About how long she's been staying with Dawali, she replied, "A few weeks." She face-pawed herself. She was extremely rude. "My name's Ayasha and I'm 2 months old. How about you?" She nodded at her explanation about the Great Tribe. Though she was confused by a word she said, "Edusti Tsugi?"
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Alli; Puppy paws aren't really dexterous enough to hold up fingers, the digits are too short.

Being what she was Sakari had a short and thin coat. Just like Dawali's coat, it wasn't made for the cold weather. So because of that, and perhaps because Meda had died in the snow, Sakari had to stay wrapped up to keep warm. She didn't have the thicker coat that was built for winter escapades. But once it warmed up she could lose the blanket and be able to play freely. But for now she had to keep it on so that she wouldn't get in trouble.

A name was spoken that she recognized. "I met Liliana too! She took me for a ride on her horse!" The words were spoken excitedly, the girl's tail wagging happily behind her. "I got to meet Ouray too!" She'd had a conversation with Liliana's spirit guide. Sakari really enjoyed meeting new spirit guides and being able to talk to the animals. Of course Ayasha probably wouldn't understand about Ouray either since she didn't understand Hvnii being around.

So the other puppy hadn't been here too much longer than her. It seemed they would be settling into life in the tribe together. Sakari had an advantage though. She had come from the Great Tribe so she was already used to this lifestyle. Used to the precedence of tradition. Not to mention that she was older as well. "Sakari Yakone Amara and I'm four months old." She stated her full name and age with a nod of her head. Of course she was proud of her name because it had meaning behind it. Her name described her as was tradition. If it ever turned out to be false then she would have to change it and get her true name. That was the way that her father hold told her about at least.

"Uncle Tsugi." She translated, having for gotten that not everyone understood Tsalagi. It was a language spoke in the Great Tribe and so she tended to slip to that when referring to relations to family members. It was just natural. Just the way that she had referred to other's in her family while back in the Great Tribe.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
She was rather proud that she had a thick, pure white coat. But she was on the small side. Her species was small and she was even smaller. She grinned at the older pup's excitement. 'Who's Ouray? Is that Liliana's spirit guide?" She guessed that was the case. She would have to ask Dawali about those later.

"Sakari." She repeated. "Can you shift yet?" She really wanted to shift but had to wait. "So, Edusti means Uncle? What does Tsugi mean?" She was curious about the way Sakari's world worked. "Are you staying here forever?"
[html]

The red wolf happened to be the smallest wolf species. And then she was mixed with coyote, though Sakari had no idea about that part, and coyotes were smaller than wolves. So her mixed heritage made her smaller and more petite than other wolves. The little girl wasn't destined to get too big. But for now she was still growing. Though not for too much longer would she be growing. But that was okay, girls are supposed to be smaller than boys so she never thought that she would be the same size as her uncle. She was more interested in being like him in skills and personality and such. On the things inside rather than physical appearances. Of course the differing genders meant that they could never be exactly the same and Sakari knew and understood that much.

She nodded her head, a happy grin having pasted itself upon her face. "Yes. Ouray is a porcupine and he is Liliana's spirit guide. He came to talk just to me while Liliana was showing me her horse." The porcupine had told her as much. She had asked him if he had come to play with Hvnii and he said that he had come to talk to her and not Hvnii. So of course that made her excited and feel special. "Did you meet Ouray too?" She asked the other pup. She was curious if she had a chance to talk to a spirit guide or not. After all Ouray had said that he didn't get to see many pups.

She shook her head and smiled a bit sadly. "Not yet but soon. I will show you when I can." That was another thing that she couldn't wait for. It would open up a few doors for opportunities with her. She would be allowed to do more and get to participate more. Plus she would get to move up into the adult ranks and start on her career path. That was what she really wanted to do. She couldn't wait to start her training. Also she would get to go out on her spiritual journey and gain her spirit guide.

"Yes, Edusti means uncle. Tsugi is his name. It means feather. My name means sweet red aurora eternal. Do you know if your name means anything?" By what her father had told her the name meanings were important. They defined who you were. And if you didn't live up to your name then your name was changed and given a new one because the name from before was false. You had to have the correct name. At least those were the customs and traditions that her father hold told her about.

The last question had her actually thinking about it and considering it. "As long as Tsugi is here." She was willing to follow her uncle wherever he went. "I made the journey to be with him. I don't think I will go anywhere else." As long as her uncle didn't think about moving the tribe then she would remain right here. This was her home now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Overly-emotional puppy time! Lucky you!

IC: When Sakari asked if she could see Liliana's spirit guide, she was embarrassed. "I can't see any spirit guide!" she almost bawled. "I'm not as special as you are." She noted miserably. At the other girl showing her when she can shift she perked up. She was still upset, but not at Sakari but herself. "I'd like that. Thank you."

She frowned thoughtfully. "I think my name means 'little one.' Which is rather fitting for how little I am." she then grinned. "And they say that good things come in little packages!" Her mood was lifted at that thought. "I don't wanna leave or for you to leave!" At that she pounced on the older pup and hugged her.
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Alli; Figured I'd end it with this

"Maybe when you get older you will be able to see spirit guides." Maybe age was just an issue. After all Sakari was older than the other pup. Then again Sakari had also come from the Great Tribe and this girl hadn't. Perhaps that might play a part in it as well? She wasn't sure why the other was unable to see spirit guides and so all she could do was speculate. She could only give guesses as to why the other couldn't see them. "Also, when you get older you might get your own spirit guide and they will be with you always." That was certainly a time that Sakari couldn't wait for herself. It was just another step closer to adulthood.

She smiled when the other girl went from sad and back to happy with the promise that she would show the other once she was able to shift. Of course that wouldn't be too much longer for Sakari. She would get her adult rank and learn to shift and get a spirit guide and work on starting down her profession path. She could see it all laid out before her. Her whole life plan that she would get a start on when she was finally able to shift.

She shuffled out of the way to avoid the pounce. And well Hvnii had gotten up and headed outside and so Sakari was following her. "Where are you going Hvnii?" She called after the cub while she followed. Before she left the hut completely she looked back over her shoulder to speak to the other pup. "Hvnii wants to go play now so I'm going to play with her." After the words were spoken she sprinted off after the spirit guide. She wasn't sure where Hvnii was headed but she was going to find out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]